Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

And depending on how things eventually work out in A4, it could have had a worse outcome if Peter hadn't interfered, if Tony had died since Strange saw one way that they could win, and that Tony was vital to that scenario.   

Wait, did Strange explicitly say that, or are people just assuming because Tony was the person he was speaking to before disintegrating?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Wait, did Strange explicitly say that, or are people just assuming because Tony was the person he was speaking to before disintegrating?

It's wasn't explicitly stated, but it's speculation based on the timing of when Strange (who knows the one scenario where they "win") chooses to give Thanos the Time Stone, basically to keep Thanos from killing Tony.  Especially since Tony and Nebula are the only two left after the snap.  

• Love 4

We are well past the point where any single, recognizable, and fully acceptable to all reality is possible.  Nothing really happened, and nothing ever really can or will happen that cannot or will not, be subject to a "Never mind!"   

It is impossible to create any real tension when real, is not real.  Where there is no finite, there is....infinity.  They've ruined the franchise.  YMMV. 

• Love 1
On 7/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, HunterHunted said:

This literally makes the Snapture even stupider.

It definitely means the universe is going to be even more chaotic afterwards and less the paradise Thanos envisioned. It makes the goal less "We got to get our friends back!" and more "We have to keep the world from falling apart!"

The change in motivations results in Thanos being STOOPID if he thinks that crashing ecosystems everywhere are going to result in more resources and lives of plentiful ease for the survivors.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

The change in motivations results in Thanos being STOOPID if he thinks that crashing ecosystems everywhere are going to result in more resources and lives of plentiful ease for the survivors.

Yea i don't really get that. So with the snap there are going to be half as many people (or Kree or Asgardians or whatever) but also half as much food. How is that supposed to balance anything? I guess the Mind Stone doesn't actually make you smart.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

We are well past the point where any single, recognizable, and fully acceptable to all reality is possible.  Nothing really happened, and nothing ever really can or will happen that cannot or will not, be subject to a "Never mind!"   

It is impossible to create any real tension when real, is not real.  Where there is no finite, there is....infinity.  They've ruined the franchise.  YMMV. 

It is impossible to ruin a franchise that is based on comics that are all about rebooting characters, stories, etc. If there is a reset/reboot, Marvel is just being consistent. Besides it is pretty clear that there will be at least one "permanent" loss as the Avengers struggle to bring back their fellow Avengers, friends, family, and half of the universe's population. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Yea i don't really get that. So with the snap there are going to be half as many people (or Kree or Asgardians or whatever) but also half as much food. How is that supposed to balance anything? I guess the Mind Stone doesn't actually make you smart.

Just an executive being politically correct when asked about a family pet/companion. But it is too late for the production to reflect his statement. It will be pulled back to higher animal life since the Wakandan forest won't lose half it's trees  I guess in theory it could be seen like China limiting births for a couple of generations as the biological resources from viruses to bacterium to fields of corn should be able to reproduce faster than people

I just rewatched Infinity War since I saw it in the theaters and I cannot believe how much Chris Pratt grated this time around. I wonder how many of his lines were improved or scripted. He just seemed so immature compared to everyone else other than Groot. And I love the Guardian movies, I just don’t know what it was this time around.

I can’t believe how swept up in the action I got while watching it again. Still got goosebumps at all the big moments. I can’t wait to see how they resolve the snappening.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mattie0808 said:

The Black Panther cast added-in/improvised M’Baku and T’Challa’s war chants. (Dammit, I just love this entire group of people who make the MCU happen.)

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-infinity-war-wakanda-black-panther/

I saw that too!  That was amazing, and it was one of the parts of the movie that actually gave me chills, just as when Steve first appeared, and when Thor made his entrance.  

• Love 11

Is it wrong that I blame Ross just as much as I blame Thanos? Not just for his role in splitting the Avengers, but when they try to warn him about Thanos, he just blew them off and tried to arrest them. So all the deaths are on him too.

He had BETTER die a slow painful death in the next movie.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

No way, he’s a human version of a cockroach. No way is the team lucky enough for him to have been dusted.

And then there is that intriguing thought that he , Secretary Ross, has the same chance of succeeding the snaptured leadership into the Presidents office as I had of being an uncle to four nephews. And that happened with my brother, while a brother in law had four girls 

Edited by Raja
7 hours ago, stealinghome said:

No way, he’s a human version of a cockroach. No way is the team lucky enough for him to have been dusted.

The Russos confirmed Betty got dusted, so that will make him suffer at least. Then again, he wasn't much of a father to her anyway.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

The Russos confirmed Betty got dusted, so that will make him suffer at least. Then again, he wasn't much of a father to her anyway.

I guess I am just old and stick with the Trekker community definition of canon, that if they don't show it on screen/air then its not canon since at anytime a Russo or someone else can undead Betty when a subsequent movie comes around. It is as easy to say this for an interview as it was for Feige to say all life went with the snapture meaning every other blade of grass or even half of the bacterium. Half the world is gone, except for the few with emotional issues and are unable to feel the entire world is suffering.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2018 at 8:35 AM, Raja said:

It is as easy to say this for an interview as it was for Feige to say all life went with the snapture meaning every other blade of grass or even half of the bacterium.

I would just like to restate that Feige's comment (which feels kind of off-the-cuff, to me), that half of all living matter was included in the snapture, makes Galactic Grimace's plan make even less sense.

Thank you. As you were.

I didn't like how the Honest trailer folks dissed my fave, Deep Blue Sea, but the Avengers Infinity War trailer was very good.

I am re-watching Avengers Infinity War now. So many thoughts. It is so damn good.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I didn't like how the Honest trailer folks dissed my fave, Deep Blue Sea, but the Avengers Infinity War trailer was very good.

I am re-watching Avengers Infinity War now. So many thoughts. It is so damn good.

I love the "How Did This Get Made?" episode of  Deep Blue Sea with guest Paul F. Thompkins. Favorite bit when they were talking about the beginning of the movie where Saffron Burrows,  a scientist using the research on sharks to find a cue for Alzheimers because her father  is suffering from it and she says: "By the end all my father could do was ask why my mother wasn't at home, and each time I told him she was dead I had to watch him take that loss like a car wreck." and Thompkins goes  "Then stop telling him that! Tell him she's at the store!"

Originally Saffron Burrows was going to live in the end but the test audience hated her character so much(because she was responsible for creating the killer sharks) that they changed it and killed her off!

Every Hero in 'Avengers: Infinity War' Explained by the Russo Brothers | WIRED

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, mattie0808 said:

The Black Panther cast added-in/improvised M’Baku and T’Challa’s war chants. (Dammit, I just love this entire group of people who make the MCU happen.)

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-infinity-war-wakanda-black-panther/

What a bold move. What if BP had flopped? Or sucked and people hated it! Then their enormous universe ending movie would have it's final set piece in a place no one enjoyed. Risky move on their part but as Fiege always say they do what they feel is right, damn what people might think.

• Love 6