Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/20/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Kiefer Sutherland (ABC's "Designated Survivor"); "View Your Deal" "Shark Tank" edition with Lori Greiner

Tuesday: Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; Justin Hartley ("This Is Us")

Wednesday: "The View" celebrates Thanksgiving with Chef Rocco DiSpirito (author, "Rocco's Healthy & Delicious"); a performance by Garth Brooks

Thursday: (Repeat from Oct 6th) Joy Behar's birthday celebration filled with surprises; Taraji P. Henson ("Empire")

Friday: (Repeat) from Oct. 23rd) Meghan McCain's birthday with special guest Senator John McCain; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No Meghan today. Every time she's missing I'm going to be worried about her father. 

Of all the episodes to repeat, why Meghan's birthday?  ?

Why repeat any birthdays. Meghan's, Joys. They are annoying enough the first time around.

I read on another forum, as this is likely her fathers last Thanksgiving, Meghan is with him..

Interesting another woman came forward, regarding Franken.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Aw I hope not. Very sad. As much as I disagree with her I hope this isn't her dad's last Thanksgiving. ):

I guess we never know, best to air on the side of caution..:)Happy thanksgiving to all families..

• Love 7

I enjoyed the show. I hopethis is not John McCain's last Thanksgiving.  EVery person and every cancer is different. valerie Harper was given months to live. She is still           with us. 

• Love 12

I wonder if MM will get married this week--seriously due to her father's illness--I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry Tammee, I called it on Monday.

:)

Edited by Tosia
Congratulations MM, now go away.
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I like Kiefer and his dad's acting. I m surprised Donald Sutherland didn't get anything for MASH.  Loved Body Snatchers too. He is an under-appreciated actor for sure.  Was he in the Deer Hunter?

Nope, but he was in Klute.  Jane Fonda usually gets all the kudos for that movie, but DS was quite good.

• Love 7

I'm not a fan of Kiefer, two faced drunk. Donald is a gentleman, his son is far from it. Just Google and see his antics. 

I think they can disagree with one another views, it's called the view, not the same view, lol

Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Nope, but he was in Klute.  Jane Fonda usually gets all the kudos for that movie, but DS was quite good.

I agree DS is very good!

• Love 1

Finally got around to watching the episode. The show is definitely much lighter without Elsa. I hope the reason she wasn't there isn't due to something related to her dad's health. I imagine Whoopi would've announced it if it was, though.

I really don't care for the "View Your Deal" segment but Lori Grenier was there and "Shark Tank" is one of my favorite shows. :D

Has anyone ever bought anything from the "View Your Deal" segments?

• Love 1

I missed the majority of the show, but caught Whoopi's usual 'dig' at Sunny. In the conversation about women discussing sex with their friends, Sunny said, "she gets tips from her friends" ...Whoopi replies, "you must not know what you're doing."  Add 'sex expert' to Whoop's resume. 

• Love 15
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

Elsa from the movie Frozen. She comes off as very cold and calls herself the "Ice Princess" on twitter. We're not using it in a complimentary way, though.

Thanks.  Ohhh, I knew it was not a flattering name!  Wow, she actually calls herself Ice Princess on twitter.  I am stunned. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Joy was not buying the story about Al this new woman is shipping.  Her anecdote said that.  I don't believe her either.  I sense republican meddling.  They wanted to take Franken out of the race or even the senate.  I bet may senators are sweating it these days.  LOL! 

I believe every woman, its not a left / right issue with me. Joy doesn't believe because she knows him, oh boy...smh

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Thanks.  Ohhh, I knew it was not a flattering name!  Wow, she actually calls herself Ice Princess on twitter.  I am stunned. 

She poking fun at those that call her that, I LOL.

My granddaughter loves her hair, Elsa and Meghan's..:)

56 minutes ago, bannana said:

The show is  much lighter without Elsa.

Thats how I feel about Fridays, its so much lighter.?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I missed the majority of the show, but caught Whoopi's usual 'dig' at Sunny. In the conversation about women discussing sex with their friends, Sunny said, "she gets tips from her friends" ...Whoopi replies, "you must not know what you're doing."  Add 'sex expert' to Whoop's resume. 

I caught that, too. 

Interestingly enough I think Whoopi said in some interview years ago that she's had sex with a lot of people. Of all the raunchy topics they talk about, I don't remember them ever talking about that topic on the show. I can personally do without those segments anyway but it doesn't bother me.

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Wow, she actually calls herself Ice Princess on twitter.  I am stunned. 

Yup. She says she has a cold, dark heart too.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Catnip said:

I noticed it, too. SSDD

I'm glad Sara hunkered down on her point from last week that not all stories are the same re: Franken. I didn't mind Whoopi calling out Joy for that Bill Clinton mess, but as usual she could've been more polite as Tosia said.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Elsa from the movie Frozen. She comes off as very cold and calls herself the "Ice Princess" on twitter. We're not using it in a complimentary way, though.

There was a news article from The Daily Mail in which "sources" said producers referred to MM as "Elsa".  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5059447/Meghan-McCain-micknamed-Elsa-Frozen-View.html

I didn't catch any of the show today. Was there someone else in MM's place? Or just 4 co-hosts?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Whoopi better lay off Joy. As Joy warned Bitsy, she'll burn you. Surely the real producers recognize that Joy is a much more valuable contributor to the show than Whoopi.

Nope, Whoopi is there go to.gal Joy can't pout and smirk like she does, it won't help, Whoopi has the final say.!

2 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

The one and only time I bought anything from a tv show was from a View Your Deal segment.

I bought a huge purple foam filled beanbag chair that turns into a mattress.

I don't know how I talked myself into it.

(I use it all the time for grandkid sleepovers though, and they argue over who gets to use it, it's very comfy.)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

I've actually purchased three items through VYD, and have been very pleased with all.  The first was a cellphone lanyard that my d-in-law loves.  Then I bought a cool knit hat with Bluetooth fittings for a young'un in the family - also a hit.  Lastly, I've just received a leather handbag that was shown a couple of weeks ago that I bought for myself.  It's very nice - good quality and good price.  I'm not a big shopper, but these just filled a "want" at the right time.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I've actually purchased three items through VYD, and have been very pleased with all.  The first was a cellphone lanyard that my d-in-law loves.  Then I bought a cool knit hat with Bluetooth fittings for a young'un in the family - also a hit.  Lastly, I've just received a leather handbag that was shown a couple of weeks ago that I bought for myself.  It's very nice - good quality and good price.  I'm not a big shopper, but these just filled a "want" at the right time.

I've purchased 4 items. The first was a UV light whitening toothbrush, which I knew was cheaper than Ulta's price, plus free shipping. That was actually pretty good. I also ordered SleepPhones (earbuds in a headband). It made me feel too hot to sleep, so I never used it. Then I purchased earrings and a necklace from Pink House. I liked them because they're unique, but I don't wear them much. I don't regret the purchases, but I haven't seen anything since to make me want to purchase something again.

• Love 3

The deals are very good, especially if they have free S& H. I can't get them here, so to me it's all blah blah, and I usually turn them off. Especially when the bag lady shuffles around taking things, that schtick is old.

• Love 2

Yeah, between the eating while talking and stealing stuff off tables that she thinks is so cute, girl, I am SO OVER IT.  Hell, she was eating something the other night while she was another talk show.  No wonder she is morbidly obese.  (Yeah, I said it!) ?

• Love 7

I purchased a thermometer from View Your Deal, and it works really well.  Just point it at your head but don't touch and click and your temp. comes up.

Sara actually got to talk with MM not being there.  So refreshing.

• Love 9

I ordered the teeth whitening toothbrush which I thought was a good price and really liked it.  I also ordered from the company Rustic Cuff.  I didn't order a Cuff bracelet like they had on the show, but, a necklace.  I went to the website because of the show, liked a necklace, ordered it and it was a lousy purchase.  It was also a monogram so I was just stuck with it.

• Love 3

Oh, I must say I do like 'Elsa'; it really suits her. I also realized I'm going to miss Sarah. She's like that girlfriend in high school you had a scream with in french class. I'm happy for her, though.

Whoopi can s$%^ my d*&(. Did McCain put her in his will or does he have something on her? Honestly, she treats Elsa with the kiddiest of gloves.  That said ... it's become sort of fascinating to watch. 

When do they go on Happy Holidays Time (for me that would be Christmas)?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

LMAO!! That's an insult to the character Elsa, who had heart, soul, and manners. Meghan is the antithesis of that character. She is Elisabeth Hasselbeck on steroids. Be rest assured, there will be more of her sniping at her co-hosts, and they will all pretend it's all OK, kumbaya, but as we know, tensions will simmer and boil behind the scenes, and one day, hopefully soon, Meghan will suddenly announce, "I must leave to write a book." But then again, Hasslebeck lasted for years. However, her longevity on the show was attributed to uber Conservative producer Geddes. Who knows if Brian or an ABC executive will stand for Meghan's rudeness and obnoxiousness longterm.  I say chuck the ice princess and bring back Jed - has she finished "writing that book"yet?? Or maybe we can have Ana Navarro!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I purchased the Omaha steak deal it was like 60% off.  MY family liked it, but now I keep getting catalogues from the, too expensive. 

Never buy Omaha steaks at full price.  They have a store near me, and I will go in occasionally, but only buy items that are on sale.   

2 minutes ago, bluemosaic said:

LMAO!! That's an insult to the character Elsa, who had heart, soul, and manners. Meghan is the antithesis of that character. She is Elisabeth Hasselbeck on steroids. Be rest assured, there will be more of her sniping at her co-hosts, and they will all pretend it's all OK, kumbaya, but as we know, tensions will simmer and boil behind the scenes, and one day, hopefully soon, Meghan will suddenly announce, "I must leave to write a book." But then again, Hasslebeck lasted for years. However, her longevity on the show was attributed to uber Conservative producer Geddes. Who knows if Brian or an ABC executive will stand for Meghan's rudeness and obnoxiousness longterm.  I say chuck the ice princess and bring back Jed - has she finished "writing that book"yet?? Or maybe we can have Ana Navarro!

I don't recall Hasselbeck being so annoying from the beginning.  MM came in like gangbusters, being strident and talking about fighting with Joy right from the first day. 

• Love 12

Wow, fascinating how many of you have purchased items from the "View Your Deal" segment. Every now and then I'll see something and mentally remind myself to look it up later, but never get around to doing it. Sounds like most of you at least didn't regret your purchases.

13 hours ago, junebug said:

Sara actually got to talk with MM not being there.  So refreshing.

Meghan McCain has been hogging up most of the talking time since she's been on, it's very nice to hear Sara speak, finally. Some days I forget Sara's there.

10 hours ago, marsha said:

Oh, I must say I do like 'Elsa'; it really suits her. I also realized I'm going to miss Sarah.

She's really found her place on the show. I'm going to miss her, too. Such a positive, bubbly personality (Sara! Not Elsa).

10 hours ago, marsha said:

Did McCain put her in his will or does he have something on her? Honestly, she treats Elsa with the kiddiest of gloves.  That said ... it's become sort of fascinating to watch. 

Well, on Elsa's first day, I think she said that Whoopi has known her since she was a child. Also, Whoopi is the only one who called her about her new position on "The View" (I think?) It's fascinating to watch but also annoying because Whoopi NEVER handled any conservative on that show with kiddie gloves. Hell, she didn't handle a lot of the more Liberal co-hosts with kiddie gloves. It's such a noticeable contrast from how she talked to the last co-host, Jedediah Bilah. The girl rarely could get her point across without Whoopi coming for the jugular. 

I'm not really sure why Whoopi is treating Elsa so special but will snap on Sunny if she makes a facial expression. It just makes me like her a little less because that isn't fair, no matter how close they are to each other's families. If it's that big of a conflict of interest, why have MM as a co-host? Hopefully Ana Navarro's appearance today is an audition. There has been nothing but mostly negative feedback about MM on every social media site I've checked. Some people have even emailed ABC about MM -- at least that's what I saw on twitter. 

8 hours ago, bluemosaic said:

But then again, Hasslebeck lasted for years.

I could just barely stomach Hasslebeck and she wasn't nearly as bad as Elsa. If MM lasts more than one season I'm more than ready to go back to just watching clips.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 8

Bad news: Elsa will be back Monday. :(

And Whoopi's getting loud with Sunny, again... She can get her point across without getting loud. Also, Sunny was trying to say something and Whoopi cut to break, of course.

And I'm already loving Ana's presence, as always. Go girl! 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ana Navarro is luminous and she fits in with the ladies.. Can we please  switch her with Elsa, pretty please. 

Such a natural fit. I wish Mrs. Both Sides were there so Ana could shut her down.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 16

Damn! Whoopie is a bitch today.  She went after Sunny, as usual, no big surprise there, but, she also went after Joy.  Joy diffused it with a joke, see, that is why Elsa will never push her to lose her cool.  Her years as a teacher helped her to navigate different personalities..

• Love 17

Ana is right to say what she said to Joy. People want to excuse who they like when it comes to all of these sexual assault/harassment incidents. Not everyone but Joy is kind of showing favoritism towards Al Franken.

3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Damn! Whoopie is a bitch today.

I agree, what the heck is her problem today? ("I KNOW you do, but I don't" to Joy. Really? Why the attitude?) This adds to my point, that she'll go off on everybody except Elsa.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Ana is right to say what she said to Joy. People want to excuse who they like when it comes to all of these sexual assault/harassment incidents. Not everyone but Joy is kind of showing favoritism towards Al Franken.

Ana said it without making it personal. She told Joy that.  It did not come out like a false equivalency. I liked what Sarah said that there is a spectrum.. We should not put everybody in the same boat..In the end , Ana did concede a point that Joy was trying to say.. It was like a banter between 2 friends, coming at it, at different angles..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, lexytheblasian said:

And Whoopi's getting loud with Sunny, again... She can get her point across without getting loud.

There's sexual harassment and workplace harassment -- Whoop's is guilty of the latter and no one holds her accountable! A prime example of abuse of power. Like @TheGreenKnight stated, "SSDD!"

Love Ana Navarro!  With her presence, everyone seems to be on fire -- in a good way!  

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 13