Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/20/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 11/20/2017 at 0:11 PM, Tosia said:

I wonder if MM will get married this week--seriously due to her father's illness--I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry Tammee, I called it on Monday.

:)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whoopi NEVER handled any conservative on that show with kiddie gloves.

How was she towards Nicolle?  I didn't watch a lot when she was there but I can't recall her ever giving Nicole a rough time. 

6 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Really? news to me..how about Sunny or Joy, how does she handle them?

Well, they’re not conservative - but I think Sunny holds some conservative views. 

And we know how she handles Sunny. Lol. She just flat-out doesn’t like Sunny. 

Through the years she’s gotten more snappy at Joy. I remember rumors floating around about the backstage tension between Joy and Whoopi years ago and I didn’t really believe it but I must say I’m changing my mind.

Take Jedediah for example. I think I’ve said it here before but there were many times I wanted to hear her at least get to finish her points but Whoopi kept cutting her off.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, bluemosaic said:

She is Elisabeth Hasselbeck on steroids.

They may have shared many political views but Elisabeth was not the killjoy that is Meghan McCain.  Elisabeth was fun and she got along with the other cohosts.  She hung out with the other hosts outside of work.  She was in Sherri's wedding and went to church with Star.  I can't see her hanging out with anyone at the table.  She didn't come to work looking for a battle every morning.  She could make fun and laugh at herself.  I don't see any of those qualities in Meghan.  The person that thought she was a good fit for this show was wrong. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Catnip said:

@TheGreenKnight 

Love Ana Navarro!  With her presence, everyone seems to be on fire -- in a good way !

It was so freakin' AWESOME that Ana and Joy actually talked and listened and responded  to each other about the harrassment cases!  They each had a chance to clarify what they meant without resorting to disparagement of the other's opinion. Sigh. So adult. So mature. So intelligent. No talking points or catch phrases.

Wouldn't a new show -- on PBS maybe, (where there's a new vacancy I hear)-- with just Joy and Ana (and maybe a significant guest in the middle of the show) talking politics and social justice issues be AMAZING???  

It's hard for me not to put this woman's wet dream into all caps. Am I that hungry for real communication and no egos? 

• Love 18

First time I have gotten to watch in a very long time. Sounded like more than 10 "WELCOME TO THE VIEW...." blech.

Less than 4 minutes in and Whoopi is on Sunny. And there's food. From what was said, this was taped yesterday.

Click........have a nice holiday, all!

• Love 9

Just turned on the "Whoopi show". Not that I disagree with what she's saying, but seriously, how long did she just talk for?  Had to laugh, though, when they showed Sunny, and she was sitting back, munching on popcorn! 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Just turned on the "Whoopi show". Not that I disagree with what she's saying, but seriously, how long did she just talk for?  

...while not making much sense. I mean I get what she was trying to say (I think) but why is she so long-winded?

lol Whoopi hasn’t been this vocal in awhile.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

First time I have gotten to watch in a very long time. Sounded like more than 10 "WELCOME TO THE VIEW...." blech.

Less than 4 minutes in and Whoopi is on Sunny. And there's food. From what was said, this was taped yesterday.

Click........have a nice holiday, all!

Oh no, its turning into the chew!lol I'm sick of seeing them eat, so I won't bother with it today. Happy Thanksgiving..!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Sounded like more than 10 "WELCOME TO THE VIEW...." blech.

Lol. If I am watching the show live, I have to mute that. On DVR, I hit the skip forward button. That manic, repetitious hollering irks me every time.

• Love 13

They did talk over each other but I think the hosts were excited to have a respectful and lively debate with a grown up.  What I like about Ana is that she does not think in black and white/ my side vs your side.  Ana is able to see the gray areas and does not have a need to "win" at all costs.  She is able to look beyond the talking points and can disagree with others without being disagreeable.  

I loved hearing her talk about seeing her first episode of "This is Us".  She got emotional just like the rest of us viewers.  I can imagine her at home during this long weekend binge watching the past season and a half.  I hope she has a few box of tissues handy.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

They did talk over each other but I think the hosts were excited to have a respectful and lively debate with a grown up.  What I like about Ana is that she does not think in black and white/ my side vs your side.  Ana is able to see the gray areas and does not have a need to "win" at all costs.  She is able to look beyond the talking points and can disagree with others without being disagreeable.  

I loved hearing her talk about seeing her first episode of "This is Us".  She got emotional just like the rest of us viewers.  I can imagine her at home during this long weekend binge watching the past season and a half.  I hope she has a few box of tissues handy.

Now if we could just get ALL the hosts to adhere to that line of thinking. In my opinion, Sarah is the ONLY regular panelist that behaves in this manner. 

• Love 6

I think both Joy and Sunny understand the other side even if they don't agree with it at all, usually. Whoopi and Meghan don't even attempt to understand the other side most of the time, they just shout and roll their eyes and demand the others bow down to them. What a wonderful show they'd have if they replaced McCain with Navarro and brought Meredith back as moderator.

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What a wonderful show they'd have if they replaced McCain with Navarro and brought Meredith back as moderator.

Oh, I couldn't agree more! I still feel that Meredith was, by far, the best moderator the show ever had. I'd choose Rosie O'Donnell as second but I don't think she'll even be a guest again, much less the moderator.

My memory of the Nicole Wallace year was that she was supposed to be there for the conservative point of view but they sat her next to Whoopi who seemed to really like her. It was like she and Whoopi became buds.

• Love 7

The reason Nicolle and Whoopi were supposedly buddies is because Nicolle embarrassed herself by kissing up to Miss Whoopi. If she would have stopped being so annoying and giving her views like she does now on her own show she would still be there. But she is much better off with her own show and the occasional appearance on Morning Joe.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi and Meghan don't even attempt to understand the other side most of the time, they just shout and roll their eyes and demand the others bow down to them.

I agree for the most part. Whoopi kind of pretends to understand the other side with that annoying “mmhmm. Mmhmm,” followed by some long-winded answer about why the other person is wrong. I like Whoopi but it’s the truth.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, bluemosaic said:

Lol. If I am watching the show live, I have to mute that. On DVR, I hit the skip forward button. That manic, repetitious hollering irks me every time.

The "Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View..." irks me, too.  I fast-forward through it each time.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The "Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View..." irks me, too.  I fast-forward through it each time.

I so don't get why she does this. I bet she has a tally sheet on whiteboard in her dressing room (which evidently doesn't involve any dressing outside the edible kind) and likely practices with a timer to try and rush another "wekkometodavu" in. It is always a relief when Joy is in the lead chair and just says it simply, as if we are adults who don't need a circus act. I think Sara would also do as the moderator. I have a journalism MA and have written for major world pubs...and think she is an excellent and smart journalist -- I think some people can't see past her friendly, bubbly personality, but I think that's a plus! Not sure when she's due, but I'm happy for her!

Edited by BeachyWave
typo
  • Love 13
37 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

I think Sara would also do as the moderator. I have a journalism MA and have written for major world pubs...and think she is an excellent and smart journalist -- I think some people can't see past her friendly, bubbly personality, but I think that's a plus! Not sure when she's due, but I'm happy for her!

I adore Sara. She is smart AND fun. Don't let that bubbly personality fool ya - she's very insightful. Deep (complex) thinking, well-rounded person.

• Love 13

I am very confused. I think I read somewhere up thread that yesterday’s show was recorded and that Paula was on and Sara wasn’t? I’m watching it now and Sara is there. Also read how it was taped on Tuesday?

I cannot echo how refreshing this week’s shows were without Meghan. I wasn’t angry or tense, and this didn’t happen to my head:??????

And as for Whoopi being dismissive of Sunny yesterday? Well, I did my own ????when she actually expected 45 to have principles with respect to denouncing Roy Moore, or whatever she said. I just know she said she wanted him to step up and wanted “better,” as if someone else has been in the White House.

And color me shocked because I was on Whoopi’s side during Monday’s very short (thank Goodness) talk about girlfriends sharing “tips” with each other about each others’ sex lives. Just eww. And I found myself telling Sunny to shut up when she kept insisting her one friend had “good tips.” That tells me she doesn’t have a satisfying sex life-something I REALLY don’t want to know.

I may have had my issues with Ana in the past, like how she said she would write in her mother’s name in the election last year (but ended up not), but I am now a DIE HARD fan. Especially since she calls a spade a spade and clearly believes and chooses country over party. I loved and ????????? over her “We have a HOO-HA Grabber-in-Chief.”

She needs to come back and also return on another show I watch.

• Love 11

Don't care for her much thus far, but "as a mom, wife, daughter, & cancer survivor" I was touched & glad that Meghan got married while her dad was still able to participate & savor the moment (&, presumably, the addition of another conservative to Clan McCain - oh well, calmer Thanksgivings ...)

• Love 8
On 11/21/2017 at 7:49 PM, Tosia said:
On 11/20/2017 at 0:11 PM, Tosia said:

I wonder if MM will get married this week--seriously due to her father's illness--I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry Tammee, I called it on Monday.

:)

Haha GMTA!  ^5!