Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E14: Finale, Part 2

Drogo
  • Start Topic

The designers rush to put the final touches on their collections; four designers will have their dream of showing at New York Fashion Week, but only one designer will be chosen as the winner.

Ugh M's stuff looks "not expensive". But she will probably win, since the judges are on crack.

I love baggy, nothing linen and cotton clothes but for some reason, do not like Brandon's much.

Edited by Bebecat
  • Love 6

Margarita - the colors and sequins are doing all the heavy lifting.  I can't even tell if the construction or style is any good because the colors are SO DOGGAMN LOUD.

Still hate Brandon's print, but his is definitely more interesting in style and construction and "point of view" than Margarita.  Still think he's going to win.

Kintaro's - no middle ground here.  His pieces are either gorgeous or hideous - don't care for the music as a fashion show walking piece.

Ayana - I said something like this in an earlier episode thread, but I think she's the most versatile of the four between being able to do editorial and commercial.  I didn't care for her pieces in still photographs, but seeing it in motion - I think she should win.

Edited by DasFlavorPup
  • Love 13

I think Kentaro definitely had a vision and I liked the music and the fact he composed it.  It was just a very stark contrast in vibe to the previous runways, so I'm just wondering if the audience won't be as receptive to that.  I liked a lot of his looks, definitely more than the other two so far.

• Love 15

I've liked some of Margarita's pieces throughout the season, and thought I could wear them in the South. But I wouldn't wear any of the collection- WAY too flashy. Maybe in Miami. 

Edited by Gypsyfish
  • Love 5

If I were the judge:

4.  Kentaro

3.  Margarita

2.  Brandon

1.  Ayana

I've surprised myself, but if you were to throw the names in a clothes dryer, tumble them around, and pull out name after name, I'd probably be okay with whatever order they came out.  Pretty sure I'm firm on #4 though.  Sadly.

eta - Boy I nailed that.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7

I wish Ayana hadn't used the shiny fabrics, but overall I liked her collecton the best. Kentaro's was pretty solid too, and I liked some of Brandon's pieces a lot. All three of their collections can be described as fashon. Margarita's, not so much.

• Love 8

I liked the pants and some of the pant suits Ayana did. Not crazy about her print choices on the tops, looked old lady. The big white wedding (?) dress at the end was interesting.

Kentaro’s was hit and miss for me. Didn’t care for the depressing music. 

• Love 5

I think I fell asleep during Ayana's part.  Those were just the most butt ugly things I've seen in a long time.  She is very nice, and did a few things I liked during the season.  But those shiny, weird, boring florals and shredded legs were just bad to me.  And that horrible mint wedding dress was just ick. 

I actually disliked everything Kentaro showed too. '

Margarita's was fine. 

I like Brandon's the best. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, SpiralRadish said:

I disliked all of Brandon's collection more than anything he's done all season.  I didn't like the flamingos, the weird little ties he had on the sides of things made things look unfinished to me, and so many things just looked lumpy and awkward to me.  Plus, maybe it's editing, but he seems to be getting pretty full of himself suddenly.  My mom thinks they keep showing that as a set up for him not winning

He seems smug as hell up there.  His collection felt drab and sad to me.  Some of the outfits reminded me of the Oompa-Loompas from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Margarita's collection was tacky, but at least she used some color.

Ayana's collection seems...heavy?  Like lots of fabric and layers.  But most of the clothes still moved very well.  The last dress was beautiful.  

I liked Kentaro's more than I thought I would, though it was a little all over the place.

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 17

In all fairness I didno't love any entire collection. 

Margarita's was too flashy and cheap looking.

Brandon's looked like everything, and nothing he did all season due to the print.

Ayana's had a boring palette but I think she was picked to be the winner to celebrate "diversity".

Kentaro's were strange, and not like the sleek yet modern looks he did earlier.

• Love 7

I don't think color should be a deciding factor, at least not when it is so gaudy and to me, tasteless as Margarita's is. I really hated it. And also did not like Ayana's, especially the shiny gray toos, which looked like K-mart polyester. Kentaro was best for me, even though he had some seriously shaky weeks.

• Love 8

The pieces I liked the most were in Ayana's though for the first time, I agree with the judges that her first three looks were not good at all.

Brandon's is just boring and the same old stuff. 

I hate to admit that I did like some of Margarita's. Not all, but more than Brandon's. There was some variety, some surprise, some fun. 

Minus the hideous tiny red dress, I wasn't mad at Kentaro's. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If I were the judge:

4.  Kentaro

3.  Margarita

2.  Brandon

1.  Ayana

I've surprised myself, but if you were to throw the names in a clothes dryer, tumble them around, and pull out name after name, I'd probably be okay with whatever order they came out.  Pretty sure I'm firm on #4 though.  Sadly.

This is the exact order I was thinking . . . I think Ayana has this . .  . Margarita got a standing O, which none of the others did -- hers was definitely the most vibrant. . . 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gingerormaryann said:

Again, Liris didn't sell anything but herself.  Nothing about the designer or clothes but just about plus size models.  A sympathy ploy but she didn't have much to talk about with what she had on. 

Those pants are an abomination.  Not much Liris could do about it.

• Love 14

Two "questions";

1. Did they show the twins in the audience and I missed them, or are they not there?

2. Am I the only one who things the judges are hypocrites for now praising Margarita's collection when originally they thought it was too Miami and she not only didn't take any thing away, but she added to it? Technically the same can be said about their critiques before and after the show for the other designers as well.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gypsyfish said:

OK- is it just me? How is it so startling that Ayana's dresses have sleeves and aren't cut down to the waist. Don't most of us dress like that most of the time- especially in the winter?

The judges seem so shocked that a woman can wear long sleeves or a long skirt and still look "sexy."  

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Snappy said:

Two "questions";

1. Did they show the twins in the audience and I missed them, or are they not there?

2. Am I the only one who things the judges are hypocrites for now praising Margarita's collection when originally they thought it was too Miami and she not only didn't take any thing away, but she added to it? Technically the same can be said about their critiques before and after the show for the other designers as well.

They showed them.  You're right about M.  

• Love 2
Just now, Snappy said:

Two "questions";

1) The twins were definitely there.  There was a brief shot of them.

2) I'm glad she basically gave them the finger and did what she wanted.

• Love 19
Just now, Snappy said:

I wouldn't buy any of these clothes regardless of the store they're available in and price.

That's the thing.  These producers/judges aren't really interested in commercial viability, at least in my opinion.  I've been wrong like 64 times today already, so...

• Love 4