Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E14: Finale, Part 2

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Ugh, there was one of Brandon's tops that I thought was a giant piece of construction paper or poster board  -- it looks like a paper panel or a costume you'd see in a kid's pageant where the kids arms are hidden behind the construction paper/poster board. There are a couple of his pieces I liked but realistically . . . no. Just no. And someone in another thread said this about his: the fabric looked like washed out hospital gown. 

• Love 19

Color me shocked that Brandon was third and that Kentaro won.  I figured Ayana would win to make a statement.  Kind of like Ashley's win, only Ayana is talented.  But I'm OK with this.  I thought Kentaro's collection was really good, and I think Ayana will still have a career even without the win.

• Love 24

I am shocked.  SHOCKED without irony.  (Or sarcasm,  or whatever I’m so shocked I’ve lost words.  And happy!)

Ok how is JCP going to modify that collection?!

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 21

I honestly did not like anyone’s entire collection. There were a couple designs I only mildly liked. Nothing blew me away. Not surprising because this whole season was so lackluster. 

I’m surprised Kentaro won, he had a rough time,  but I’m happy for him, what a sweetheart. 

I hope next season they find more talented designers and weed out the drama queens (no twins). I was fine with the diverse models but cut out the focus on the models in general. 

I’m looking forward to the reunion. I wonder what B.S. the twins will spout. 

• Love 15

Whoever did the editing on the show was super heavy handed with the "Kentaro doesn't think he's going to win" stuff at the beginning just for him to the win at the end of the episode. Like if it is that obvious, do you even call that foreshadowing? Is it like fore-spoilering? Fore-projecting?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I honestly did not like anyone’s entire collection. There were a couple designs I only mildly liked. Nothing blew me away. Not surprising because this whole season was so lackluster. 

I’m surprised Kentaro won, he had a rough time,  but I’m happy for him, what a sweetheart. 

I hope next season they find more talented designers and weed out the drama queens (no twins). I was fine with the diverse models but cut out the focus on the models in general. 

I’m looking forward to the reunion. I wonder what B.S. the twins will spout. 

Lots, by the looks of the preview.

• Love 5

I thought Ayana’s was terrible except for the gown at the end.  The best thing I can say about any of them is that they were all exceptional seamstresses.  Thank god they are putting Kentaro’s designs on JCPenny immediately since the are closing 138 stores and going downhill fast.

• Love 12
Just now, BloggerAloud said:

Whoever did the editing on the show was super heavy handed with the "Kentaro doesn't think he's going to win" stuff at the beginning just for him to the win at the end of the episode. Like if it is that obvious, do you even call that foreshadowing? Is it like fore-spoilering? Fore-projecting?

Fore-play fail?

• Love 2

Kentaro seems like a lovely guy, and I've liked a lot of what he did during the season. But I wouldn't have given him the win based on that collection. I wish him well, and I'm happy for him, but...

• Love 10

THANK YOU for not giving it to Brandon!  I thought his collection was beyond hideous.  Really thought Ayana would win but she will be fine.  That bridal gown would sell for a million bucks in Saudi Arabia or another rich country.  I don't get what the judges saw in Kentaro's collection but it was definitely the most avant-garde.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I find it funny how the judges didn't realize Brandon was doing the same thing all season until he showed 10 same looks back to back. 

He's sort of the classic case of the guy who never got criticized so never changed and then just SHOCKED that he didn't win. That's both on him and the judges.

Same looks in the same pattern.

I thought Ayana’s was terrible except for the gown at the end.  The best thing I can say about any of them is that they were all exceptional seamstresses.  Thank god they are putting Kentaro’s designs on JCPenny immediately since the are closing 138 stores and going downhill fast.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SpiralRadish said:

Also wait....one of the prizes is a trip to Japan.  Does Kentaro really need that lol?

Oh my god his poor, sweet Dad went right off that runway.  And his mom in her gorgeous full kimono seems so sweet.

That’s right! I forgot about the trip to Japan, so Kentaro won a trip to...go home?

they should have edited out Dad free falling off the runway, poor guy! 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

Let's hope for less model-opinion stuff next time...and a clearer idea of how models are assigned please. I did not even mind that brief model show they had for a season or two but too much Lyris this time for sure.

I miss the days when I didn't even know (remember) the models' names, much less hear them voice opinions about the fashions.  Not that they shouldn't have any, or that, as models, they aren't important to the show, but PR is about the designers and their work; the only voices I want to hear are theirs and he judges'.

• Love 16

Heidi's dress looked cheap and tacky, and it made her boobs look saggy. Not at all flattering.

i didn't like anyone's collection, but I'm glad Kentaro won because he seems kind and sweet. Would have been fine with Ayana winning, but her shiny fabric choices were hideous.

No wonder Brandon was surprised to lose, with the way the judges lavished praise on him all season. His print was blah and ugly. Didn't need to see 10 looks made out of that.

• Love 17

Seeing all of Margarita's collection, I was surprised to see how much it reminded me of Custo Barcelona or Desigual. I shouldn't have in hindsight.

I'm not surprised that Brandon was bounced. There wasn't a reprieve from that flamingo fabric and his Brandon flourishes. It was exhausting.

Kentaro's was structural and very editorial. I never considered that he'd be in the running because the collection is supposed to be adapted by JC Penney.

I really liked Ayana's more, but that's as a consumer. I would wear her stuff, but that's not really what the competition is supposed to be about.

2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I miss the days when I didn't even know (remember) the models' names, much less hear them voice opinions about the fashions.  Not that they shouldn't have any, or that, as models, they aren't important to the show, but PR is about the designers and their work; the only voices I want to hear are theirs and he judges'.

The models have always been important to the show and during the Bravo seasons, we knew who they were--Nazri, Maralinda, Amanda, Camilla.

• Love 14

Add me to the list of people side-eying the judges for suddenly loving Margarita's prints. First it was too Miami, but now you love it? Okay.

I thought Ayana was going to take it and Kentaro would be in second place. I'm happy Kentaro won. I found his collection the most captivating and really like a collection you'd see inside the tent (maybe without that short red dress). I'm glad he lost the heavy makeup because it clashed in a hellish way. His collection, to me, was simplicity at its best. 

Ayana had a lot of great pieces, but I think if she had diversified her color palette, she would have actually taken it. There was a great deal of range in her collection. Meisha looks so beautiful in that gown and the headwrap & veil. I kind of need that athleisure outfit that had the grey bomber and the joggers + the grey headwrap. I'd wear the entire outfit; it looked so good. 

Brandon messed up by having basically one fabric choice. He had range in silhouette, but the print was very one-note. Seeing all of the pieces come down the line, it was like, okay, is there anything else to look at? He also had no sense of drama -- there wasn't a clincher of a piece. Everyone had that clincher except for him, which only exacerbating trying to figure out where his collection started and where it ended. 

What I liked about Margarita's collection was that it was not just a celebration of her heritage, but also of women. As an Afro-Latina, I appreciated the Black models being in these beautiful bold colors and all of them also having big, bouncy hair. It felt like a little nod to us. As for the clothes, I still hate the over-ruffled sarong Jazzmine wore, but she did provide the dramatic moment by being bold with her body.* I liked Margarita's last number with the open duster and the short shorts. I'm like Heidi in that I like to show a lot of leg. Sue me. 

*Unfortunately, I don't think much will change for plus-sized models. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The models have always been important to the show and during the Bravo seasons, we knew who they were--Nazri, Maralinda, Amanda, Camilla.

Do not forget "Morganza" from season one, who infamously wore her outfit out and ripped it.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I agree.  Heidi has a great figure, but that dress was doing her no favors.

It also looked like the kind of thing someone would wear to the Grammys.  Not to NY Fashion Week.

4 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

*Unfortunately, I don't think much will change for plus-sized models. 

What?  You don't think tonight was a history-making, game-changing moment for plus-sized models?  ;)

1 minute ago, gingerormaryann said:

And is already 50% off.  

• Love 8

Brandon's collection was totally flat, no variation in color, style. I think he thought he was being clever and edgy using a home upholstery fabric with flamingos, but it was just meh. If he had better fabrics it would have given the collection variety. 

Maragritas collection looked like what you find in a gift shop in any beach community.

I liked Anya's collection except for the pioneer girl ruffles . Her gown was stunning . 

Kentaros was the most conceptual. I thought they were going to give it to Anya but I am happy kentaro

won. 

Brandon thought he won, hence the tears of shock. I don't blame him for being shocked. The judges have been kissing his ass all season. 

Looking forward to the reunion and the return of measuring tape gate. 

• Love 19

Overall, not mad at the finale. I’m not sure who I would have picked, but Kentarobwas a good choice. 

His is pieces were interesting but still nice to look at and he had some actual color. 

Really like Margarita’s collection, it was just so fun and happy. I liked the prints and glitter :)

Brandon’s was so boring... and reminded me of straight jackets and baby bibs. Not interesting or exciting at all.

Ayana’s collection was okay, I did like her final dress a lot, but the rest wasn’t overly memorable, though not as boring as Brandon.

• Love 11