Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Vampires and Bloodsuckers

thewhiteowl

I loved Huck just disappearing, going to Quin's apartment, and getting everything.  David, "We could call the FBI.  Just thought I would put that out there."

The irony of Liv/Jake accidentally setting up the guy Cyrus is involved with, having everything fall apart, and them then discovering Quin really had been kidnapped, would have been more entertaining if the road to get here had not been paved with so much stupidity.

I thought the plane blowing up was orchestrated by Liv, but had no idea the real purpose was to kill the president and his niece.  Regardless, Liv's assassination of them was shortsighted.  She didn't consider all the variables.  Liv is a child playing a grown up game.  I said it before, Liv needs to pick a job: Chief of Staff or Command.  She can't be both.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Marley said:

Meh not that worried about Quinn. This show never really kills off main characters.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Katie was just leaving on her maternity leave.  This was around the time she was scheduled to take it, right?

Edited by Star Aristille

I'm just sad that a show I used to love has now jumped the shark so badly that I expect The Fonz on waterskis to be in the next episode.

The main character (who as someone up thread pointed out shouldn't be trying to be Chief of Staff AND Command) has now ordered a plane full of basically innocent people to be blown up (just because she was too distracted to tell Mellie to keep it in her pants) and then further compounded that astounding lack of judgement by implicating Cyrus' boyfriend (another innocent person) as the 'brains' behind the assasination!

My only hope is that she ends up in somewhere like Guantanamo Bay and her punishment is that her father appears once a day to bloviate at her for at least a couple of hours.

The sooner this dreck ends and Shonda brings on the Firefighters show the better!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, misgabi13 said:

My only hope is that she ends up in somewhere like Guantanamo Bay and her punishment is that her father appears once a day to bloviate at her for at least a couple of hours.

Hah!  Now that would be a well-deserved punishment.

• Love 3

I mean.. nothing about this show has been good since Olivia got kidnapped and then killed someone with a chair. Everything about that was a jump the shark moment for me. I can watch a show that has jumped the shark if there’s something to laugh about it or even decent dharacters(I say through all of One Tree Hill and only because it got so hilariously bad with jumping the shark) but nothing’s even fun about this show anymore. 

• Love 4

Honest question - am I supposed to like Olivia? I've never watched a show where the main character seemed to have no redeeming qualities about them. I honestly despise her and I really wish they would just kill off her character or ship her off to some secret torture cellar while the remaining episodes just focus on seeing how all the other characters play out their lives without her. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

I actually thought this episode was pretty good.  Yes, stupid but this show has never been smart. It was like a season one or two episode.  IMO.  

Same. Maybe it was just the lack of Fitz and Papa Pope, but I enjoyed this episode more than I was expecting to enjoy the remainder of this season-long slog towards the end.

• Love 4

I agree the lack of Fitz and Papa Pope is a good thing.

I want to see how it all ends, but Huck is really the only character I still care about.  He gets the best lines, and my favorite line last night was about him.  "Huck?  Where did he go?  He was just here two seconds ago?"

When the plane blew up my only thought was, "I guess Mellie is never going to get laid again."

I was afraid that Olivia would have the tv guy killed.  I still think he's in danger. 

I did like the panicked look on her face throughout the episode as she realizes that things aren't going the way she planned and she can't get up in people's faces anymore and make them do whatever she wants.   I still don't understand why more people haven't said FUCK OFF, OLIVIA!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I was afraid that Olivia would have the tv guy killed.  I still think he's in danger.

I still haven't figured out whether Curtis is supposed to be Olivia's endgame or Fitz is.  With her getting the latter back out of D.C. and back to Vermont and pretty much giving him no thought after that, I'm guessing the former is supposed to be, but . . . I don't know.

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I want to see how it all ends, but Huck is really the only character I still care about.  He gets the best lines, and my favorite line last night was about him.  "Huck?  Where did he go?  He was just here two seconds ago?"

I don't know.  I think I care about Quinn, Charlie, and Abby, too.  Probably David, as well, because he's committed the least crimes out of everybody.

Ha! That's the Charlie I know and love .lol

Poor Fenton wrapped up in saran wrap, smashed with oranges. I did love his apron, with the sculpted body on it. It made us both smile.

Liv,  worried ,scared Liv, she was really bricking it! 

Who has Quinn, and when is that baby due, she looks ready to pop any second.

Curtis Price is rather dishy, and he's over Olivia! 

Good episode. 

Liv is now a monster just like Papa Pope but she's not nearly as effective.  Too many loose ends and as others have said, she doesn't see the long game only the immediate issue.  After last night, the only reasonable end to this series would have Liv locked up is super max federal prison or dead.  Mellie has shown enough flashes of gumption that if Liv's homicidal behavior directly threatened her, she just might throw Liv under the bus.  That's not the way that things seem to work in Shondaland so Liv will probably skate off into the Vermont sunset when the show ends.

• Love 4
On 11/9/2017 at 8:47 PM, PsychoDrone said:

I thought the plane blowing up was orchestrated by Liv, but had no idea the real purpose was to kill the president and his niece.  

Why else would she have done it?

23 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Katie was just leaving on her maternity.  This was around the time she was scheduled to take it, right?

Yup, her baby was born 5 days ago.

• Love 2

So will it turn out Papa Pope is holding Quinn?  Or is Cyrus's new boyfriend really a bad guy after all?  

Wow, Liv is really imploding.  Killing the object of Mellie's infatuation so she doesn't declare war is kind of... extreme.  What could possibly go wrong there?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Layne said:

Why else would she have done it?

Yup, her baby was born 5 days ago.

Originally thought Liv, somehow, got them off the plane unnoticed and the plane blowing up was misdirection.  Having her kill them and it being part of some "mustache-twirling" plan never occurred to me.  Not a fan of hers and definitely looking forward to when it all comes crashing down on her.  Her arrogance is enormous in that she thinks only HER way is the way to get things done.  Cyrus was the first to rain on her parade and Quinn did it too.  People aren't following her script and she is starting to realize that she can't make everyone fall in line.  The TV journalist guy dumping her had to be a blow to the ego too. "But I'm Olivia Pope.  How dare you not want to have sex with me!!!"

Edited by PsychoDrone
  • Love 4

Liv is immensely unlikeable and can no longer even pretend to wear the white hat. Sure, having peace in the Middle East is a laudable goal but blowing up a plane just makes her the same as her Dad.  At least he is aware that he's a monster. If Quinn is stupid enough to come back, Liv will have to make the choice to have her killed or be exposed. Quinn is dead meat.

I don't think Charlie or Huck will take that well.

• Love 1

What does Jake get out of all of this?  At one point, Jake and Liv seemed to be on the outs.  Now they seem to agree on which direction to take.  Jake told Mellie she was his boss when it came to the NSA, but not B613.  So as long as Liv goes along with killing people, or Jake/Liv agree on what needs to be done, they are back on the same side?

55 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

What does Jake get out of all of this?  At one point, Jake and Liv seemed to be on the outs.  Now they seem to agree on which direction to take.  Jake told Mellie she was his boss when it came to the NSA, but not B613.  So as long as Liv goes along with killing people, or Jake/Liv agree on what needs to be done, they are back on the same side?

Yeah.. I don’t get the endgame? I don’t get what the end result of anything. Didn’t everyone- or at least the ones we have met via the show- from B613 hate it? Or have awful ptsd memories from it? From my understanding it seems like they all hated being a part of it or maybe I’m misremembering it, but I thought they all seemed a little totured beyond repair. I don’t get why Jake would be all back in it, he wanted out. 

Especially given that not the hot

mess of last season but the season finale before that, he wanted OUT of this whole thing. Remember he was trying to get Liv to run away with him before he was announced as Millie’s VP and Liv was like “hell no”. And this season he’s all back to b613ing which.. o.. Kay. I don’t know.

And it’s painfully obvious they don’t really know how to incorporate Fitz in this season really. They’re trying but it’s not really working out. And to me that explains why this season had to be the end, Fitz is no longer president and they couldn’t have season after season of him just popping up in DC with no real reason to really be there. 

This show should just end with everybody being killed.

• Love 4

I haven't watched for a couple of weeks, and the only good thing about this was seeing Olivia panic. Now it looks like she's going to get away with everything. None of them should be getting away with anything. 

I guess it's time for Quinn's maternity leave. 

I do not feel sorry for serial killer Charlie. Aw, his true love really carved up someone's face with whatever torture equipment he was holding as he was talking. Now that's a love that dreams are made of. :/ 

Marcus is still pissy about Mellie choosing the Presidency over him. I wonder what would have happened, had the positions been reversed. 

I'm not sure if I will watch anymore. I only watched until the end of this episode, because I wanted to see if Olivia would be caught. I still can't get over her father being unhappy with her, though! She has the power he wanted for her - he wanted her to have the White House, and he killed a teenage boy, to get her there at first. Almost all of them are greedy murderers, or sociopaths. 

• Love 1

Dean Norris has been terrific in the role.

Yes, and clearly he's been having a ball playing it.

Liv will probably skate off into the Vermont sunset when the show ends.

Yep. I will be completely stunned if that doesn't happen because Shonda will probably want to do something to get back in the Olitzers' good graces.

I've never watched a show where the main character seemed to have no redeeming qualities about them.

I have but those shows didn't spend all but their last season telling me that the main character was actually a hero/heroine forced to do bad things for The Greater Good. On Scandal Olivia and her gang of sociopaths do bad things because they can, pure and simple. They enjoy it, they bathe in it, they live for it. Power corrupts and absolute power turned Scandal into crap.

It's telling that lately I haven't gotten around ti watching the Scandal episodes until days after they've aired. I've hardly ever caught it live but I used to look forward to watching my recording on the same night. Ugh, I can't remember the last time I became so over a show I had stayed loyal to despite its faults.

Edited by Oblique Angle
  • Love 2

The only ways to "fix" Olivia are either she gets knocked on the head, gets amnesia or "the last ___ season(s) were a dream!" Because as unlikable as she was getting, it was killing Luna Vargas that put it over the top for me. At least with VP Jon Tenney she could blame PTSD.

• Love 1