Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 1/6/2018 at 0:55 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Well I still don't care about what Erica did. And I still think it's Kelli's fault for leading the way she does.

Not sure where to post it, but I saw a video on Shelly's insta from the prep class...god Victoria is still looking crazy and out of control dancing dcx style. I'm sorry but after almost two years worth of classes she should have realized it's not her style. Dayton looks much better-seemed to slimmed down and the longer hair suits her imo. I expect both of them to make it this year...

That's not really fair. There are several girls who try out multiple times b/c they can't get the style then eventually pick it up. Maybe she just needs some time.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:40 PM, MamaV said:

I hope Dayton auditions again. I think she will make it to TC this time. 

I also wish that Courtney Johnson (season 9 I think?) would audition again. She should have made the team that year. 

Agree. I loved her.

11 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I can't even with Maddie. Something just so off about that whole dance. I don't get why she's supposed to be some hip hop phenom, except she's a dorky white girl from Utah. Nothing she does impresses me. 

Also is the black hair back? 

She's super cute. She just happens to be a little 'funkier' with the hip hop than most "dorky white girls" lol

12 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Why was Kalyssa at the Golden Globes after party? I have a feeling she's not going to try out again.

It's not too hard to score after party tickets during award show season. There are dozens of them around town. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

It's not too hard to score after party tickets during award show season. There are dozens of them around town. 

I get this. What I don't get is who is footing the bill for all these girls to get off to LA all the time? 

37 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Why was Kalyssa at the Golden Globes after party? I have a feeling she's not going to try out again.

She's a question mark for me. I'm not really certain I've seen much excitement from her over being a DCC.

24 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I get this. What I don't get is who is footing the bill for all these girls to get off to LA all the time? 

They are I'm sure.

36 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

They have jobs and a flight on Southwest isn't much. lol hell, you can hop on Spirit for $80. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

That's not really fair. There are several girls who try out multiple times b/c they can't get the style then eventually pick it up. Maybe she just needs some time.

Agree. I loved her.

She's super cute. She just happens to be a little 'funkier' with the hip hop than most "dorky white girls" lol

Well she's on the same level as Brianna and the first girl who got cut this year(Erin?). It's not about having the dcc style down, she just can't do hip hop and power at all and I'm sorry but when she tries to, she looks spastic and sacrifices technique from all the effort. I want to applaud her for taking all this time to improve for hwr dream, but at the same time... she's spending so much money and time on something that doesn't come natural to her, just because it's a high profile job-even though it doesn't pay and your actual job is to shake your cash and prizes in front of thousands of men. Yes I do like watching the dcc, but I bard every time they talk about this amazing privilege(looking at you charlotte). 

44 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

For someone who had to raise funds to get to Texas, she doesn't look like she's struggling to me. I think she's a one and done as well, two years max just to be able to call herself a vet.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

For someone who had to raise funds to get to Texas, she doesn't look like she's struggling to me. I think she's a one and done as well, two years max just to be able to call herself a vet.

This. 

So what do those who think Kalyssa is a one and done think that she's going to do next?

Very pretty, but does she have any other skills? Holly is run of the mill in LA, and she is 1000x better than Kalyssa.

Dayton didn't impress me one iota.  she barely smiled, didn't do good in the interviews and just seemed like she didn't want to be there at all.  She'll have to come back a different person if she wants to make it.  Sorry, but i'm calling it like i see it.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

For someone who had to raise funds to get to Texas, she doesn't look like she's struggling to me. 

Doesn’t every logical person raise/save funds to move to another state in the hopes of pursuing a dream that isn’t necessarily guaranteed? Lol I know I would raise/save enough for a very comfortable cushion, especially if you make the team.

I can see Kalyssa doing three years. Someone stated on the podcast that all the rookies are reauditioning. I’m more curious to see if they all get picked again. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, bigskygirl said:

She did not leave due to a back injury. She left because of  the one incident during the Canton Hall of Fame trip. There have been girls in the past who were injured during TC who remain on the team. Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice during Season 2 TC because a girl next to her went into the jump split too early or too late causing a knee injury requiring surgery and rehab before returning to the squad mid football season. Unless one or more doctors said she should not be a member of the squad period she would have remain on the team even if she needed surgery and/or rehab before being able to perform. There is evidence of her breaking the do not drink rule during the Canton trip resulting in her quitting or being cut, but of course, it was not shown on the show. Plus the fact if she did leave because of a back injury, it would have been shown on the show because we have seen girls with injuries who had to leave TC for surgery or rehab for a certain number of months.

She was "cut" because of drinking in Canton? Seriously? Wow. She really thought she wouldn't be caught after the shenanigans of Jenna and Holly? That Kelli and Judy wouldn't have eagle eyes on all the girls? I wonder why the series didn't show her cut then. They had no hesitation showing Jenna and Holly's fall-from-grace. Why not Erica's?

• Love 1

Rumors have been floating around Erica had a lawyer preventing the show showing her getting cut. Rumors were also popping up when Amy Reese was cut in Season 5 about Amy getting a lawyer to prevent her cut being shown also. I do also remember rumors Chelsea in Season 8 trying to get her cut scene deleted, but obviously her scene was shown. I take it with a grain of salt.

24 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

She was "cut" because of drinking in Canton? Seriously? Wow. She really thought she wouldn't be caught after the shenanigans of Jenna and Holly? That Kelli and Judy wouldn't have eagle eyes on all the girls? I wonder why the series didn't show her cut then. They had no hesitation showing Jenna and Holly's fall-from-grace. Why not Erica's?

BC they don't want it documented for all the world to see in case she somehow tried to say she was permanently injured from walking around and drinking while supposed to be in teh locker room, or if she could claim she had an alcohol prob (she does not) and was not treated fairly, etc.

It's all about $$$$$$$. Eric had zero claims to sue. She signed that release like everyone else does, and CMT/CDB/DCC can do what ever they want to anything they film.

After Amy Reese incident they have rock solid lock down on signing that CMT waiver.

• Love 2

How can a person say they were permanently injured from walking around and drinking while she was supposed to be in the locker room? Reminds me of the worker's comp case in Montana where a guy was smoking pot before going to work to take care of a bear. The bear attacked him, and he sued saying he should get worker comp because he was injured on the job by the bear because the bear smelled the pot on him. I do believe he got some money out of it. I cannot see using this as a defense if she did take a fall in the stands because she was breaking the rules by leaving the locker room. I could see the hushing up if it was a possible drinking problem because *gasp* it would not make the DCC organization look good if one of their top cheerleaders was hitting the sauce in the locker room and stands.

Kelli and especially Charlotte may have wanted to play down a girl drinking while at a DCC activity since the Kaitlin LeGrand drama in Season 6. Kelli did come out and ask Kaitlin if she was on something on film. The next year Courtney Cook incident was not played up, and Kelli said she wanted to be respectful of what she was going through. Maybe they were worried about a possible lawsuit if the rumors of a possible eating disorder or using weight loss drugs came out on the show.

I’m curious. If Erica had remained on the team, would she have had to spend every game in the locker room until she was well enough to dance?  Where did Khalyn spend the game when she missed a couple due to injury? Just wondering what is standard. 

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

How can a person say they were permanently injured from walking around and drinking while she was supposed to be in the locker room? Reminds me of the worker's comp case in Montana where a guy was smoking pot before going to work to take care of a bear. The bear attacked him, and he sued saying he should get worker comp because he was injured on the job by the bear because the bear smelled the pot on him. I do believe he got some money out of it. I cannot see using this as a defense if she did take a fall in the stands because she was breaking the rules by leaving the locker room. I could see the hushing up if it was a possible drinking problem because *gasp* it would not make the DCC organization look good if one of their top cheerleaders was hitting the sauce in the locker room and stands.

Kelli and especially Charlotte may have wanted to play down a girl drinking while at a DCC activity since the Kaitlin LeGrand drama in Season 6. Kelli did come out and ask Kaitlin if she was on something on film. The next year Courtney Cook incident was not played up, and Kelli said she wanted to be respectful of what she was going through. Maybe they were worried about a possible lawsuit if the rumors of a possible eating disorder or using weight loss drugs came out on the show.

That's just it. A reasonable person would not be injured from that, but if somebody thought they could say they were injured, on the job, it's the Cowboys' fault, etc. and prove Cowboys are liable, then $$$$. Nobody gives a rat's ass about Erica's feelings or whatever. 

4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Doesn’t every logical person raise/save funds to move to another state in the hopes of pursuing a dream that isn’t necessarily guaranteed? Lol I know I would raise/save enough for a very comfortable cushion, especially if you make the team.

I can see Kalyssa doing three years. Someone stated on the podcast that all the rookies are reauditioning. I’m more curious to see if they all get picked again. 

Save? Absolutely. Asking people to donate to the great cause of you shaking your tatas to a new state is stupid imo. I sound more bitter than I actually am btw.

• Love 7

Anyone have any ideas how Kalyssa got to attend golden globes ceremony? Apparently the awards ceremony is invitation only and is highly exclusive, even among celebs. I saw it on her Instagram story and she posted pictures with several celebs and of herself on the red carpet.

Edit: I just now saw that this had been discussed upthread. Though I didn't know tickets were just floating around like that? I saw several sources say that the GGs were invitation only which is why it surprised me that she was there.

Edited by FutureDCC

Here is my question / thought :  curious about auditions this year after looking at what some of these ladies are wearing out in public .  In years past the ladies have been encouraged to dress conservatively and classy.  This year however, I am seeing a lot of CUTOUT dresses, extremely low cut showing cleavage and high slit dresses.  Example is Kalyssa at the GG very low cut with extremely high slit dress, Miranda multiple times with low cut almost worried uniboob is going to drop out out not to mention also wearing dresses with cut outs.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m curious. If Erica had remained on the team, would she have had to spend every game in the locker room until she was well enough to dance?  Where did Khalyn spend the game when she missed a couple due to injury? Just wondering what is standard. 

I believe when the standard is to dress in their DCC tracksuit and remain in the locker room during the entire game. 

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet dollars to donuts all the rookies will not make the team again, and there are a few vets who would be cut if they tried out again.

Which rookies and vets do you think won’t make it back 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:43 AM, UnicornKicks said:

This. 

So what do those who think Kalyssa is a one and done think that she's going to do next?

Very pretty, but does she have any other skills? Holly is run of the mill in LA, and she is 1000x better than Kalyssa.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

She said something about good news coming soon, no idea what that means though.

All her instagram tags seem to point toward modeling. Whether she actually has a contract or just hopeful, who knows.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet dollars to donuts all the rookies will not make the team again, and there are a few vets who would be cut if they tried out again.

I think Gina, Lauren, Alexis and Tara are the only 4 rookies I would say are absolutes at making it again.

And totally random, but I went to look at a rookie class list just to double check something and I realized the daughter of a teacher at my kid's school got to finals, but didn't make it into TC. She's made the Orlando Magic team this year. I did a double take when I saw the city. 

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I believe when the standard is to dress in their DCC tracksuit and remain in the locker room during the entire game. 

Thanks. If Erica was going to be in the locker room for most of the games, then assuming her injury was as serious as has been implied on here at times, I wonder what was the point of her being on the team anyway? I get not wanting to kick off a vet who has a torn acl for example. That can be rehabbed and chances are good that they can return the next season. However, it sounds like Erica's injury is chronic and unlikely to vastly improve. I wonder if they would’ve taken 37 girls had she stayed. 

I should note that it’s possible that the injury is not as serious as I’m assuming and that she was expected to be back performing with a reasonable amount of the season left. In that case, i understand keeping her on the team. 

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Gina, Lauren, Alexis and Tara are the only 4 rookies I would say are absolutes at making it again.

And totally random, but I went to look at a rookie class list just to double check something and I realized the daughter of a teacher at my kid's school got to finals, but didn't make it into TC. She's made the Orlando Magic team this year. I did a double take when I saw the city. 

I was concerned about Gina from what i heard of her attitude during camp but it really seems like she has tried to be a better teammate and friend.  SHe is a strong performer and dancer so I agree that she'll make it back.  I would also add Lexie and maybe Molly too.  Rachel seems to be doing just fine as long as she keeps her weight in check. 

53 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Thanks. If Erica was going to be in the locker room for most of the games, then assuming her injury was as serious as has been implied on here at times, I wonder what was the point of her being on the team anyway? I get not wanting to kick off a vet who has a torn acl for example. That can be rehabbed and chances are good that they can return the next season. However, it sounds like Erica's injury is chronic and unlikely to vastly improve. I wonder if they would’ve taken 37 girls had she stayed. 

I should note that it’s possible that the injury is not as serious as I’m assuming and that she was expected to be back performing with a reasonable amount of the season left. In that case, i understand keeping her on the team. 

Like unicornkicks said, the injury was bad in the sense it was never going to get better and doing hair flips is a certain way to keep it flaring up.  IIRC the plan was to keep her around by making her an all star...let her stay visible and at appearances since she looks great and was a fan favorite.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I was concerned about Gina from what i heard of her attitude during camp but it really seems like she has tried to be a better teammate and friend.  SHe is a strong performer and dancer so I agree that she'll make it back.  I would also add Lexie and maybe Molly too.  Rachel seems to be doing just fine as long as she keeps her weight in check. 

Like unicornkicks said, the injury was bad in the sense it was never going to get better and doing hair flips is a certain way to keep it flaring up.  IIRC the plan was to keep her around by making her an all star...let her stay visible and at appearances since she looks great and was a fan favorite.  

Why keep her on the squad if her injury prevented her from preforming at all. Make her an All Star and be done with it. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture here.

6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

All her instagram tags seem to point toward modeling. Whether she actually has a contract or just hopeful, who knows.

Too short for real modeling. Maybe Tasha can get her into catalog modeling but I think she's too short for that too.

Maybe she'll go the Playboy "modeling" route. They don't do nudes anymore, right?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Too short for real modeling. Maybe Tasha can get her into catalog modeling but I think she's too short for that too.

Maybe she'll go the Playboy "modeling" route. They don't do nudes anymore, right?

They tried that and it flopped. They went back to the traditional Playboy nudes. 

13 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

She sure is bringing up Heffner enough.  Crikey.  But she also has dropped a previous tag of #petitemodel so maybe that is what she is/was after?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She sure is bringing up Heffner enough.  Crikey.  But she also has dropped a previous tag of #petitemodel so maybe that is what she is/was after?

OMG she has #hefnerscoutme on all her instagram pics.

How has Kelli not had a fit over this? Nobody has ratted on her? WOW

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I have to admit I've been wondering the same.  There is nothing distasteful about her poses but it doesn't seem like something Kelli would want one of America's Sweethearts promoting.  #yikes

• Love 4

Has anyone touched on the topic that Jenna stated on Instagram "DCC 12-18"? I thought and had a feeling she was basically confirming she was leaving via twitter (cryptically, not as in "im leaving" words etc) as she told AmyL she'd miss her as her 2nd leader  on christmas day. I figured she was leaving when Cowboys had 1 more home game (the one on New Years Eve), and that they were saying goodbye early. Now her instagram changed to DCC 12-18.

When do they start announcing when the DCC are retiring etc? In May? Or can they actually start announcing now etc?

2 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Has anyone touched on the topic that Jenna stated on Instagram "DCC 12-18"? I thought and had a feeling she was basically confirming she was leaving via twitter (cryptically, not as in "im leaving" words etc) as she told AmyL she'd miss her as her 2nd leader  on christmas day. I figured she was leaving when Cowboys had 1 more home game (the one on New Years Eve), and that they were saying goodbye early. Now her instagram changed to DCC 12-18.

When do they start announcing when the DCC are retiring etc? In May? Or can they actually start announcing now etc?

Jenna's mom already put out her first retirement memo. The cat is out on her and I actually believe her this time.

4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jenna's mom already put out her first retirement memo. The cat is out on her and I actually believe her this time.

Bah sorry I didnt see her mom posting that tbh. I didn't know and don't know her mom instagram. I guess this is what happens when you have insomia and work 16hr days with 3hr sleep every day!!! Is that posted somewhere on this forum somewhere? 

Edited by Dcc fan
On 12/30/2017 at 9:14 PM, dccfan37 said:

Er stupid question. Who are those 2 next two Jen? Is the one on the right Lacey? Or is that Rachel? Don't remember seeing her at all. Am I being stupid that I cannot place their name to those 2 faces? the one on the right honestly looks too young to be a DCC in my eyes. 

17 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Er stupid question. Who are those 2 next two Jen? Is the one on the right Lacey? Or is that Rachel? Don't remember seeing her at all. Am I being stupid that I cannot place their name to those 2 faces? the one on the right honestly looks too young to be a DCC in my eyes. 

That's Katy Marie, the tall one. Amy Trader is in the middle. 

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ermmm I don't think that refers to the late Hugh Hefner.  The spelling is different and Heffner Management is a modeling agency, the largest on the west coast.  I don't love how thirsty Kalyssa seems lately but I don't think she's trying to get into nude modeling. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ermmm I don't think that refers to the late Hugh Hefner.  The spelling is different and Heffner Management is a modeling agency, the largest on the west coast.  I don't love how thirsty Kalyssa seems lately but I don't think she's trying to get into nude modeling. 

Ah, gotcha.  Hopefully that is the case.  That agency hasn't come up on my West coast film projects although I have worked with some large ones.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

That is really odd. Is there any chance there's another famous Hefner I don't know about? 

Seriously, though, a nude spread would be one way to end your DCC career with a bang!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

That is really odd. Is there any chance there's another famous Hefner I don't know about? 

Seriously, though, a nude spread would be one way to end your DCC career with a bang!

@LaurenBrook said in a couple posts up it's Heffner Management, a large agency out of Seattle, WA. The name must cause a lot of confusion.

They're so worried about their reputation, you'd think there'd be something in the DCC contract about agreeing not to do certain types of things (i.e., nude modeling) for "x" number of years after you are a DCC.

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

How tall is she? The Heffner site says women have to be 5'7"-5'11". Is she 5'7" or is she just hoping they'll make an exception for her?

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

@LaurenBrook said in a couple posts up it's Heffner Management, a large agency out of Seattle, WA. The name must cause a lot of confusion.

They're so worried about their reputation, you'd think there'd be something in the DCC contract about agreeing not to do certain types of things (i.e., nude modeling) for "x" number of years after you are a DCC.

How tall is she? The Heffner site says women have to be 5'7"-5'11". Is she 5'7" or is she just hoping they'll make an exception for her?

OMG glad she's not going the skank route with Playboy. 

She's like 5ft, even short for petite clothing modeling. Eh, whatever. 

• Love 1