Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, mngirl said:

I thought on Certens IG story she showed Jinelle going up for something... maybe VOTY???

I think it was for her DCC group leader ring. Jenna and Lacey were up there too. 

• Love 2

Robin is VOTY!! Did not see that one coming either wow!! I like to believe we know everything about DCC but now I feel like we know nothing about what really goes on :(

• Love 14

Well I don't doubt Savanah is nice, but she is arguably the worst dancer they have. I don't get the disney princess comment either, but come on. They keep cute girls who can't dance, self absorbed girls who won't stay longer than needed and sob stories. No wonder the squad is getting weaker and weaker.

I'm so happy for voty! I'd like to see Jinelle getting it, but she would be my second choice! 

• Love 10
(edited)

So happy for Robin! she flew under the radar alot which as we've seen, can be the best thing lol  She is very deserving but it is a bit of a shock to me that no GL 1s or 2s won.  Not sure what that says about overall leadership vibes this year (because really, wouldn't you expect that someone put in a place of leadership all year should shine the brightest?) but at the same time, i don't think that should dictate who can be considered just like i don't necessarily think a retiring vet should be the one to win. 

ETA: before i get 1000 replies telling me Robin was GL2 to Lacey, thank you to Katherine for reminding me of that already :) that makes more sense then.  i need to look back now and see if this is the first time in a while a non GL 1 won. 

I am honestly gobsmacked that Lauren didn't get ROTY but I am SO genuinely happy for Savannah.  This is a truly sweet, hard working, team player and I am thrilled the other girls recognized it. She has been in almost every dance class I've seen practicing her butt off because she knows she is not the best and I have true admiration for that.  I remember we were all pretty surprised Heather O won ROTY last year so it goes to show that those girls behind the scenes are valued too. GO SAVANNAH!!! <3 

Edited by LaurenBrook
clarification because this ain't my first rodeo on the boards lol
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

So happy for Robin! she flew under the radar alot which as we've seen, can be the best thing lol  She is very deserving but it is a bit of a shock to me that no GL 1s or 2s won.  Not sure what that says about overall leadership vibes this year (because really, wouldn't you expect that someone put in a place of leadership all year should shine the brightest?) but at the same time, i don't think that should dictate who can be considered just like i don't necessarily think a retiring vet should be the one to win. 

I am honestly gobsmacked that Lauren didn't get ROTY but I am SO genuinely happy for Savannah.  This is a truly sweet, hard working, team player and I am thrilled the other girls recognized it. She has been in almost every dance class I've seen practicing her butt off because she knows she is not the best and I have true admiration for that.  I remember we were all pretty surprised Heather O won ROTY last year so it goes to show that those girls behind the scenes are valued too. GO SAVANNAH!!! <3 

Robin is a second GL

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Robin is a second GL

who was she with?? I totally forgot about that. well,that is good then. i mean, i honestly think she deserved it with or without a leadership title. 

ETA: oh she was with Lacey wasn't she?? and they are roommates so i'm sure lacey is thrilled for her. i hope Lacey gets her big year next year :) 

Edited by LaurenBrook
eta i'm old and failing in memory LOL
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

who was she with?? I totally forgot about that. well,that is good then. i mean, i honestly think she deserved it with or without a leadership title. 

Lacey I think? 

I agree robin is deserving, although I would have liked to have seen Jinelle recognised 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 2

I don't understand why Savanah should be applauded for working hard with no improvement, while most people think taryn deserved to be cut even though she was working hard and made progress even within TC (while Savanah had a year on the team). I do hope she is stronger this year.

Now that we know who is retiring, who do you think is going to be GL1&2, part of the triangle and the prominent positions?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't understand why Savanah should be applauded for working hard with no improvement, while most people think taryn deserved to be cut even though she was working hard and made progress even within TC (while Savanah had a year on the team). I do hope she is stronger this year.

Now that we know who is retiring, who do you think is going to be GL1&2, part of the triangle and the prominent positions?

Kash Lacey and Amy/Heather in the triangle. I hope Amy over Heather 

• Love 1

My thoughts for G1s are: Kashara, Lacey, Amy, and Heather

G2s are tough. I’m thinking maybe Madeline, Tess, Tasha(??), and maybe Lauren? Besides Madeline, Tess, and Tasha. I can’t see them choosing one of the other third years

1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Savannah just secured her spot for next year.  

Doubt it. Especially if she gets outdanced.

Congrats to Savannah! That just goes to show that nobody on here knows anything lol

• Love 6

As everyone has mentioned, this really goes to show that we have no idea of the personal dynamics behind the scenes and cannot judge the girls or the team by the TV show and social media alone. 

But I am genuinely SO HAPPY for Robin as she has always been my favorite, seemed so sweet and poised during podcast talks, and VOTY seems to confirm everything wonderful I have thought about her. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Congrats to Savannah! That just goes to show that nobody on here knows anything lol

Yeah, as much as I love her I don't think ROTY means you are safe from getting cut.  VOTY and ROTY are the awards that are voted for by their peers and not Judy/Kelli/Charlotte/etc.  i think it says very loud and clear that the girls want Savannah on the squad but we all know Kelli well enough that if she doesn't think Savannah has earned her spot back, ROTY won't save her.  

• Love 9

#LaurenWasRobbed

Robin being VOTY makes up for it a bit, but seriously....Savannah? I’m sure she’s a glittery ball of rainbow sunshine, but girl struggled the whole way, has no personality, and shows no improvement for next year. Putting her up against other ROTY - Kash, Heather, Holly, Jacie (I think right?), it’s just confusing. 

• Love 5
(edited)

But its not based on their dancing. She may have shown great leadership, friendship and support to everyone else throughout the year to earn ROTY. I think her personality is fine. She seems quite mature to me. The podcast that everyone bagged her for was also fine. She speaks confidently and doesnt sound like a little girl.  Im sure that her peers didnt vote her ROTY just because shes been to heaps of classes. There is probably more to the story than we know! 

VOTY could've gone anyway. It would have been nice for Jinelle to get it. She also helps out with the Junior DCC. But i still love Robyn! 

Edited by JayDKay
Spelling
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I too thought this guaranteed Savannah's spot for another year because I don't think a ROTY has ever been cut, but I think you're right. All the award really means is that she's a locker room favorite. And being a locker room favorite didn't save Morgan. That said, there are so many open spots that unless any of the vets completely screw up or are completely out of shape, I think they're all safe.

ETA: Just realized @LaurenBrook already said this. That'll teach me not to refresh before posting.

Edited by cgloss
'cause I screwed up
  • Love 4

Happy for Savanah and Robin. While I do think it’s a bit strange for the weakest dancer to get rookie of th year, if she got the votes, then she got the votes! Clearly her teammates really like her, and I do too. She just hasn’t mastered the style. I’m certainly not hoping that she gets cut, but I still won’t be shocked if she does. 

While I’ve only really seen pictures in instastories, i think basically everyone looked really nice at the banquet.

• Love 2

have there been group pics or anything posted yet?? i've been trying to troll around IG and it seems like not as many of those from event this year.  i love seeing all the dresses lol 

(edited)
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, as much as I love her I don't think ROTY means you are safe from getting cut.  VOTY and ROTY are the awards that are voted for by their peers and not Judy/Kelli/Charlotte/etc.  i think it says very loud and clear that the girls want Savannah on the squad but we all know Kelli well enough that if she doesn't think Savannah has earned her spot back, ROTY won't save her.  

Remember when Melissa the Mentor said Heather was vanilla or a blender and look how far she came. I personally do not care for Savannah, and I agree getting ROTY does not save you from being cut at finals. I am happy for Robin because she is so adorable, a hard worker, and the complete DCC. On the subject of Jinelle not winning anything. I do not see what the big deal of winning something while being a DCC. Yes, it is nice to be VOTY or Pro Girl Rep, but it does seem the girls like her, and she was a group leader this year.

I also think there will be a few one and two year vets who could be on the bubble at finals. Season 6 had 13 opens spots at finals. Olivia S. was cut at finals, Joannah left right before finals started because she found she was pregnant, and Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut during TC. They ended up with 17 rookies that year. Season 7 had five one year vets cut at finals. Kelli decided to go with 39 girls instead of 34 girls, and there were 19 rookies (ten extra spots were open because five vets were cut at finals, and five more spots were available since the squad increased to 39 girls.) There will be 13 spots open this year, but more spots does not necessarily mean no vets will be cut at finals or cut during TC.

I can see Lacey, Amy, KaShara and Heather as group leaders with Tasha, Madeline, Tess, and possibly Khalyn as assistant leaders.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

have there been group pics or anything posted yet?? i've been trying to troll around IG and it seems like not as many of those from event this year.  i love seeing all the dresses lol 

I haven’t seen hardly any. I think Jenna had a couple of pics her group at the banquet in her instastory, but that’s about it as far as group pics that I’ve seen.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Robin is a second GL

I remember Robin and Lacey (first GL) both getting called into Kelli's office about the Gina situation during TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2018 at 12:48 PM, HowdeeDo said:

We had 24 as returning, Kelly said 23, that wasn’t including Jinelle. 

F042E7EE-EBAD-4B89-9C1D-48658BF818FA.jpeg

What does that say after Tasha's name??? Does it say Capture???

(edited)

Well here's our answer re: Savannah getting ROTY.  It was just a shock to me since I think she made the squad by the skin of her teeth.  But it looks like her work ethic earned the recognition of her teammates and that is something I can respect.  

Always love the rookie pinky ring pictures.  Can't imagine how special that moment is considering all they go through to get to this moment.

lamaparker_4_5_2018_8_32_29_878.jpg

lamaparker_4_5_2018_8_33_10_844.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

I don't think a ROTY has ever been cut

I could have sworn there was one ROTY who was cut the following year.  Does anyone remember this or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not a fan of Molly's outfit.

It’s very ill-fitting based on that picture. I get how it happened because I can never find jumpsuits that fit me correctly (rompers, yes, but not jumpsuits), but of course, I’m only 5 feet tall. She’s not lol.

• Love 2

Well I too am happy for Robin to be VOTY. I was hoping Jinelle would get it too. But Robin is definately a good choice

Can I also say, I am GLAD that Jenna did NOT get VOTY after the last year or so. She maybe a good dancer but sorry that is one "drama queen" with her. I am worried about next years squad with the amount of 4/5th year vets they'd have.

I don'tt think that Savanah's spot is safe. I mean there are girls who was given a Barbie for their performance in finals and some of them did not make it into training camp, and some made it into training camp and was cut either in training camp or have left during the season etc (is one example). There was a team (I forgot who, but I remember seeing it on that person's instagram ages ago) where the only person on the team who was "safe" and had a "free" pass straight onto the squad without having to try out again (if they were staying the following year) if they got pro bowl of that year. 

• Love 1