Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think I may be the only one who doesn't care whether it's the girl's lifelong dream to be a DCC. I honestly don't even see it as a problem if a girl wants to be a DCC as a stepping stone to something else, so long as the girl puts in the work and completes her contract (obviously, someone like Kalyssa did not do that). I mean, in regular life, while no one is going to admit it upfront, people accept jobs all of the time when they have no intention of being there forever, but simply see it as something that will help them get the job that they really want in the future. Again, as long as the person is putting in the work, this isn't typically looked as some terrible, desperate thing to do. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see the girls who have wanted to be a DCC forever make it, and they certainly don't need a full team of girls who don't really care about the organization. However if a girl is a top notch dancer and tries out and makes it simply because she thinks it would be fun to cheer for an NFL team and chooses the DCCs because they're the most prestigious, well, then go girl!  But I may just be cynical. I work in a field where, in my experience, the people who are there (or still there) due to a love of the profession are rare. 

I certainly don’t expect these gals to put 110% into their DCC careers only, and some of the best gals have had other priorities while DCC or after (thinking of Carisa with her family’s financial struggles or Olivia and Jacie moving on to the Rockettes). I’m sure there’s a bit of implicit bias because Kalyssa has gone down a sketchier path than others, but it would have been nice to see her fulfill her contract instead of jumping ship the minute she wasn’t getting recognition on the field anymore. It’s not like this new career of hers would’ve passed her by in four short months. And I’d bet my right arm that if the Cowboys had went to the postseason, she would’ve stuck  around for that and put the nude modeling on hold.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I certainly don’t expect these gals to put 110% into their DCC careers only, and some of the best gals have had other priorities while DCC or after (thinking of Carisa with her family’s financial struggles or Olivia and Jacie moving on to the Rockettes). I’m sure there’s a bit of implicit bias because Kalyssa has gone down a sketchier path than others, but it would have been nice to see her fulfill her contract instead of jumping ship the minute she wasn’t getting recognition on the field anymore. It’s not like this new career of hers would’ve passed her by in four short months. And I’d bet my right arm that if the Cowboys had went to the postseason, she would’ve stuck  around for that and put the nude modeling on hold.

No doubt! She got the visibility out of it that she wanted, and when there were no more games or televised appearances, she couldn't be bothered with all of the little appearances at Costco, etc. 

• Love 7

It shouldn't matter whether or not the DCC make the postseason, unless there's pressing reasons to do so (like family emergencies or educational opportunities that won't wait), then a girl can wait until the end of her contract to jump ship.  Every one of the girls who left early per their own decisions (excluding Milan for the most part because she had an educational opportunity she couldn't pass up, but there's some question about the timing of her leaving) has not had a GOOD excuse as to why.  Alexandria was thought to have left for family, but that's questionable/debatable and Kalyssa was rumored to have overslept on at least one occasion and was thought to be on probation and/or threatened with being cut.  Now, if it's true that she didn't want to do the work, but still wanted the praise and adulation that comes as a result of the work and on top of the other issues regarding appearances and such, no wonder she left early and for less-than-glamorous but still attention-seeking past times.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

No doubt! She got the visibility out of it that she wanted, and when there were no more games or televised appearances, she couldn't be bothered with all of the little appearances at Costco, etc. 

In my opinion, she would’ve gotten WAY more recognition on a larger scale from sticking around and being a part of the DCC swimsuit calendar.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

In my opinion, she would’ve gotten WAY more recognition on a larger scale from sticking around and being a part of the DCC swimsuit calendar.

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Definitely! But maybe she got word that only the returning girls were going on the swimsuit calendar shoot this year, and she already knew she wouldn't re-auditioning. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Definitely! But maybe she got word that only the returning girls were going on the swimsuit calendar shoot this year, and she already knew she wouldn't re-auditioning. 

Personally, I think Kalyssa was asked to leave the squad. I don’t think she quit. There has been more than one reference to Kelli asking Kalyssa to “put or keep her clothes on”. Also, Kalyssa made a comment on her Instagram that she’s finally free to post what she wants/how she wants and what she wants. 

• Love 7

I think it's best Kalyssa is gone.  Something felt odd about her, as in disingenuous.  I never believed when she turned on the water works ie: the my boots my cause (and other things).  She probably could have had some amazing opportunities had she stuck around.  At least better than the 3rd rate nudie route she's taken.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I think it's best Kalyssa is gone.  Something felt odd about her, as in disingenuous.  I never believed when she turned on the water works ie: the my boots my cause (and other things).  She probably could have had some amazing opportunities.  At least better than the 3rd rate nudie route she's taken.

I couldn’t stand her from her first moments at auditions. Buh-bye!

• Love 7

Also, I may be new here but in regards to Milan leaving - I don’t buy that she left for school. A person knows full well when they are going to study overseas and you plan ahead for it. Spots at universities abroad, in general, do not miraculously open up. In my experience, I find the simplest answer is usually more on track. Something unfortunate happened between Milan and the DCC and she left. 

• Love 7

I have mixed feelings about Kalyssa. I don't dislike her personally, but I don't like that she didn't finish out the year, and she annoyed me early on in the audition process (seemed desperate for attention). However, she's beautiful, smart, and she's obviously a hard worker given that she stated that she was working a full-time job during training camp. She seems like she hustles, and I respect that. However, skipping college to go dance for an NBA team when you're the valedictorian and now, the amateur nude modeling. Just seems like such a waste of potential, but hey, not my life or my business. 

I know that there were some rumors that she was kicked off and didn't quit, but given that Kelli made that comment on her instagram (whether joking or not), I just assumed that she must've quit. I thought the comment was inappropriate in general given their professional relationship, but I would find it even worse if Kelli terminated her and then was commenting on her Instagram about putting on clothes. I mean, it's possible. We aren't exactly talking about model managers here, but that would just be very odd to me. 

• Love 6

Milan may have been in the running for a chance to go overseas to study for one semester, but another person may have been given the chance over her. She also may have mentioned to Kelli and Judy she was a candidate to study in another country when she tried out again, but the opportunity went to someone else. The other person may have decided not to go, so Milan was given the chance. I see nothing wrong with it. I would take the opportunity also because being a DCC will only take you so far where furthering your education will help you more.

In the case of Kalyssa, I think she was cut. She could have work on her modeling schedule while being a DCC until she finished out her first year and then step away. Other DCCs have been models while been a DCC. Of course, I do not remember seeing any of them modeling in the nude while they were a DCC.

33 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

Also, I may be new here but in regards to Milan leaving - I don’t buy that she left for school. A person knows full well when they are going to study overseas and you plan ahead for it. Spots at universities abroad, in general, do not miraculously open up. In my experience, I find the simplest answer is usually more on track. Something unfortunate happened between Milan and the DCC and she left. 

Kids know ell in advance they are going abroad.   I think she made a conscious decision to walk away ....

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Milan may have been in the running for a chance to go overseas to study for one semester, but another person may have been given the chance over her. She also may have mentioned to Kelli and Judy she was a candidate to study in another country when she tried out again, but the opportunity went to someone else. The other person may have decided not to go, so Milan was given the chance. I see nothing wrong with it. I would take the opportunity also because being a DCC will only take you so far where furthering your education will help you more.

I can only see Judy popping a vein and then insisting on kicking the candidate to the curb for suggesting they might have an opportunity to do something else during the season. 

6 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Kids know ell in advance they are going abroad.   I think she made a conscious decision to walk away ....

I have to agree on this. Milan knew what she was doing. I studied abroad for one summer, and we applied almost a year in advance. I think we had everything turned in the by October to go abroad for 8 weeks from the middle of June to beginning of August. There's no way Milan didn't know this was going to happen.

• Love 4

I seriously doubt Milan would have tried out for the team if she knew she was going to study abroad for one semester even if she knew a year in advance. Kelli and Judy knew she did not try out for Show Group because she wanted to focus on school, so it is not like they were just blindsided by her announcement she was going to another country. Should she have waited until the regular football season was over. Maybe, but I do not think her leaving was an evil plan or an excuse to walk away. Just like Cersten saying she was going to try out again for her third season, but she changed her mind because she is going to medical school instead. I do not think the girls should be tar and feathered because they have an opportunity to improve themselves outside the DCC universe. The squad survived and will keep surviving if and when girls leave during the season.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think I may be the only one who doesn't care whether it's the girl's lifelong dream to be a DCC. I honestly don't even see it as a problem if a girl wants to be a DCC as a stepping stone to something else, so long as the girl puts in the work and completes her contract (obviously, someone like Kalyssa did not do that). I mean, in regular life, while no one is going to admit it upfront, people accept jobs all of the time when they have no intention of being there forever, but simply see it as something that will help them get the job that they really want in the future. Again, as long as the person is putting in the work, this isn't typically looked as some terrible, desperate thing to do. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see the girls who have wanted to be a DCC forever make it, and they certainly don't need a full team of girls who don't really care about the organization. However if a girl is a top notch dancer and tries out and makes it simply because she thinks it would be fun to cheer for an NFL team and chooses the DCCs because they're the most prestigious, well, then go girl!  But I may just be cynical. I work in a field where, in my experience, the people who are there (or still there) due to a love of the profession are rare. 

I agree with this 1000%. I would further add that they are ALL doing this to get something out of it beyond just the enjoyment of being on a team and dancing and performing. The prestige, the minor fame, the admiration, the opportunities, the network, the exclusivity, they all want that. It's just that some want it more than others. Some are more obvious about it than others. There's nothing wrong with wanting all of those things. In fact, I think the girl who doesn't think about and leverage all of the benefits is a fool. But as Jess wrote, the cavaeat is so long as they do the work. You can be a valuable contributor to the team and still have an eye out for something more.

• Love 5

I personally think girls are leaving because they get treated like children by K&J when they are grown ass women. Ok there are some irresponsible younger girls but most are mature. E.g. Jinelle, Mandy, Amy T, Megan, Maggie, Steph, Simone, Robin etc.

And i think DCC are attracting less talent because other squads have picked up their game. I dont follow a lot but it looks like the Patriots, Broncos,  Dolphins squads for example are really good and have heaps of opportunities. 

• Love 6

The problem in my opinion is the fact girls maybe leaving due to what happened this season. They should know the score so to speak when they sign up, but seeing how certain girls can get away with things while others are punished can send a clear message. Just like the mass exit after Season 5 where close to half the team left, and Olivia S. was cut at finals due to an alleged run in with Cassie during the calendar shoot for daring to stand up to Cassie. Judy went back to the judges and told them Olivia was being toxic because she had stood up to Cassie whining about rookies getting more time in front of the camera. I mean who would want to be part of the team when that type of thing is going on. Throw in the rumors about Jenna ratting out Erica in order to stay on the team, and I do not blame girls for not wanting to try out again.

If you think Cassie was whining I bet that was  nothing compared to what Victoria would be like.  At least Cassie  only whined to her mom.  Victoria will whine to Kelli, Judy, Kitty and to her mom.  A few of the DCC's have already said things about her that tell me they don't like how she acts.  I also remember someone on here saying how she is really aggressive in classes.  I am sure she can be real sweet when she needs to be.  I hope they don't take her to TC just for MTT to get ratings.  MTT  knows  people would watch in hopes to see her get cut.

• Love 4

Ugh! I am not impressed with Victoria or her mother at all. I like Dayton and hopes she has a good chance of making the team. I also bet Cassie and a few other DCCs went to Judy in order to rat out other DCCs or TC Candidates they felt were not good enough for the team or did not live and breathe DCC 24/7/365.

Since Maddie is coming back, then my guess would be Chantel is the one leaving, or Heather. Were they confirmed on a podcast or Insta? I can't remember. 

I have no problems with girls being on the team if their life long goal isn't necessarily to be a DCC or using it as a spring board. My issue is when that is the focus will they put their all into what they are doing right now. Especially when there are others that make it into TC that would give their all - Taryn or Brennan for example. Yes I realize they got cut for various reasons, but they would have busted their butts to get better where as you have Kalyssa that used her looks and left early.  If you are going to be a DCC know what you are getting into, stick with it and finish out your commitment. Then if you want to move on and do something else great!   

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Since Maddie is coming back, then my guess would be Chantel is the one leaving, or Heather. Were they confirmed on a podcast or Insta? I can't remember. 

I have no problems with girls being on the team if their life long goal isn't necessarily to be a DCC or using it as a spring board. My issue is when that is the focus will they put their all into what they are doing right now. Especially when there are others that make it into TC that would give their all - Taryn or Brennan for example. Yes I realize they got cut for various reasons, but they would have busted their butts to get better where as you have Kalyssa that used her looks and left early.  If you are going to be a DCC know what you are getting into, stick with it and finish out your commitment. Then if you want to move on and do something else great!   

Heather said she is coming back

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Ugh! I am not impressed with Victoria or her mother at all. I like Dayton and hopes she has a good chance of making the team. I also bet Cassie and a few other DCCs went to Judy in order to rat out other DCCs or TC Candidates they felt were not good enough for the team or did not live and breathe DCC 24/7/365.

I hadn't even thought of that.  Victoria would rat on anyone at TC that was her competition.  It would be a nightmare.  

• Love 2

Years ago I worked with a guy who married a Chinese woman. I'll call him "Brian." A couple of months after they married, they decided to move to China to be close to her family. Brian was a good worker and a good guy. He tried to do the right thing by giving his boss plenty of notice - three months to transition his projects and hire and train a replacement. His boss told the president of the company. The president, who was a real jackass, basically said, "if he's leaving, we don't need him, tell him today is his last day." Brian was basically fired. He had to pack up his desk and go. I think something similar could have happened with Milan. She told them a month or two before she was going to leave and they said "don't do us any favors, and don't let the doorknob hit you in the butt on the way out."

• Love 8

Milan has been traveling all around Europe for the last three months and will be home all summer according to comments on instagram. If that’s studying abroad nowadays I definetly have to go back to college! Anyway, even if studying abroad was not her reason for quitting and she just got the chance to travel a lot I don’t blame her. Most people couldn’t afford that and it’s probably something you only do once in your life so go for it. 

Sometimes I feel like we spend way too much time over-analyzing every little thing in these girls lives... Even if you sign a contract for a year  you can always talk to your employer and ask to be let go from the contract. It doesn’t always have to be negative in some way. 

I think it’s sad that a lot of girls don’t go for 5 years anymore, but I can understand it. Especially nowadays with social media everywhere. You always have to look your best and uphold your image, a lot of ‘mistakes’ you make will be out there for everyone to see. It’s not as much just about the dancing anymore as it might have been a couple of years ago and I don’t think you really know what you’re getting into before you actually get there. You can probably get an idea, but that’s it. Personally I also find it difficult enough to plan my life (vacations, trips, time with friends and everything) around my normal work life sometimes and if I also had to work around football season and DCC schedule I probably wouldn’t even know how to do it. For some girls it seems easy, but I’m sure there are plenty of girls who just don’t want to do it for a long time. My point is, while a lot of Drama has been going on behind the scenes apparently, I think there are plenty of other reasons for the big groups of girls retiring. I’m not saying nothing bad happens behind the scenes, I’m sure it does - no job is  all fun and happiness - and it’s fun to speculate, sometimes i feel like we’re going way overboard. 

Anyway, can’t wait for auditions! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, viccib said:

there are only 23 returning veterans for this years auditions.

In that case Bess and Jinelle are definitely retiring, as everyone else has confirmed. Shame to see them go.

In this case, for GLs based on current leaders- Lacey (I hope she gets Group 1 as I believe she is the stronger leader) KaShara Amy and Heather O (don’t agree with her as a GL tbh) will be first leaders.

For 2GL I would imagine Chantel, Madeline, Tess and Tasha 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 1

I think another reason so many retire without putting in 3-5 years are the excessive weight requirements demanded because of the video board. It also seems like more and more girls are suffering injuries, and I wonder if that’s due to how thin some of these girls are. Some of them are definitely below a healthy BMI. 

I’m 99% sure Megan C retired due to weight. She’s a beautiful girl, and an incredible dancer, but I think having to maintain that audition weight given her body type became way too difficult. 

Girls always aimed for 4-5 seasons, I really think the show has changed that. Plus I think a lot of the girls these days have loftier goals than 10-15 years ago.  

• Love 11
On 28/04/2018 at 12:01 PM, Txmomof2 said:

Ok if Kelly said 23 vets are returning to tryouts, here is what we have so far.   Based on numbers Madeline would be retiring, assuming the returning on this list is correct and someone hasn't changed their mind.

Madeline seems to be reauditioning going by her IG story yesterday.  I wonder if it is Chantel who’s retiring or possibly Yuko?

44 minutes ago, Amanda89 said:

Madeline seems to be reauditioning going by her IG story yesterday.  I wonder if it is Chantel who’s retiring or possibly Yuko?

My guess would be Chantel, especially if as others have said she was taping with CMT and others who we expect are retiring (Jinelle). She's been fairly quiet on things DCC related on her social media too. Yuko looks like she is practicing a solo, and if she still has a Visa I don't see her leaving. Could totally he wrong on that, just my guessing. 

• Love 1
On 4/28/2018 at 9:10 AM, CrazyEve said:

I agree but I got a feeling it might be something to do with their contract. Or that they been told not to by K+J. Or some don't even even decide until closer to end of season. I mean did Cersten give her "I will return" in the Jan/Feb deadline for vets to return/retire but then decided when she got into medical school to leave? 

I really think it's just a personal preference. I doubt their contract says they need to wait beyond a specific date.

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I really think it's just a personal preference. I doubt their contract says they need to wait beyond a specific date.

I was thinking maybe CMT asked them not to announce through social media .. who knows though.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:22 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I think another reason so many retire without putting in 3-5 years are the excessive weight requirements demanded because of the video board. It also seems like more and more girls are suffering injuries, and I wonder if that’s due to how thin some of these girls are. Some of them are definitely below a healthy BMI. 

I’m 99% sure Megan C retired due to weight. She’s a beautiful girl, and an incredible dancer, but I think having to maintain that audition weight given her body type became way too difficult. 

Girls always aimed for 4-5 seasons, I really think the show has changed that. Plus I think a lot of the girls these days have loftier goals than 10-15 years ago.  

It's also a pretty grueling schedule from what I understand. I think it would be hard to pay your bills and stay on for more than a couple of years, much less the toll it takes on their bodies.  I  hate to see so many retiring, but I understand why some them do 2 years and bail. 

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

I was thinking maybe CMT asked them not to announce through social media .. who knows though.

On a podcast when asked who was retiring, one of the girls mentioned they would allow those girls to announce it on their own; I doubt CMT had anything to do w/ that.

• Love 3
(edited)

Glad they’re going to Bimini again. So far Rachel and Savannah are on the story. Saw photos of Lacey and Lauren on racks. Hopefully we’ll find that missing girl who’s retiring today. 

Eta: I didn’t know Savannah’s boobs were fake. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Glad they’re going to Bimini again. So far Rachel and Savannah are on the story. Saw photos of Lacey and Lauren on racks. Hopefully we’ll find that missing girl who’s retiring today. 

I saw just now On Instagram story Tasha’s pics on a computer screan

Edited by Holly85
16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Isn't it Bess or has she already been counted as retiring?

5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Isn't it Bess or has she already been counted as retiring?

She hasn't announced but it's highly suspected and is being counted as retiring. If you look back there's a list of everyone and who has said they are coming back and who has announced retirement. Even doubting Bess and Jinelle  as not coming back there's still one more missing. 

I screenshotted it but it won't let me upload on my phone. But there's the list by Tasha's pic that is in the Insta story. No Chantel 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

She hasn't announced but it's highly suspected and is being counted as retiring. If you look back there's a list of everyone and who has said they are coming back and who has announced retirement. Even doubting Bess and Jinelle  as not coming back there's still one more missing. 

I screenshotted it but it won't let me upload on my phone. But there's the list by Tasha's pic that is in the Insta story. No Chantel 

I saw it to 

goes savannah ,Rachel,Tasha  Molly,Alexis, Amy, Christina,Gina,heather,jessika,kash, kelli,Keyra,khalyn,Lacey,Lauren,Lexi,

maddie Miranda selina,Tara,Tess,yuko 

Edited by Holly85
(edited)

Returning: 

Alexis

Amy

Christina

Gina

Heather 

Jessika

Kashara

Kelly

Keyra

Khalyn

Lacey

Lauren

Lexie

Maddie

Miranda 

Molly

Rachel

Savannah

Selina

Tasha

Tara

Tess 

Yuko

Retiring: Cersten, Chantel, Bess, Jenna, Jinelle, Kelsey, Maggie, Robin, Simone, Stephanie. 

“left squad”: Alexandria, Kalyssa, Milan

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3