Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: The Pre-Season Test

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli really cares for Kelsey. I think Charlotte overruled Judy and Kelli when it come to Kelsey because she has the looks and male appeal to get fans to pay attention to the squad and to increase sales via calendars and other DCC related products. In otherwords, male appeal wins out over dancing skills.

That could be too. I noticed Kelsey did not get called out for anything this TC;  just the little office chat at the beginning and no bacon comments.

Probably why Emily Claire (season 7?) made it.  She wasn't that great of a dancer but Kelli said she had "male appeal".

I guess it's safe to say we're NEVER going to get an explanation about Erica.  Just tweeted Kelli and Judy to see if they'd answer back.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

* Judy had the perfect summary of Keyra, "...she does things small." No kidding. I described it last week..that Keyra's body type makes it look like plenty of things are going on, even when not much of anything is going on. She fools the suckers. Even in the clips supposedly demonstrating Keyra's improved energy and shake, it was still below average

* Darn shame about Alexandria. She was my favorite rookie. Seemed classy, poised and elegant. Taking the cream from other squads after they've already matured and proven themselves makes a ton of sense. You can't be dense enough to believe the top liners show up fresh in your camp and your camp alone

* As others have already emphasized, at least they didn't drag out the less-than-36 fear deeper into the episode. That would have insulted the audience. When they push and push the same theme it's a head fake

* I noted that Kitty was shown embracing Christina on the field. Everyone else was being congratulated by family members. I felt bad for Christina. Maybe nobody from her family could make it

* Maggie is my favorite. She got some air time in this episode but it was often weird facial expressions toward the camera. I didn't understand the need for that. No question Maggie has advanced far with cover photos and moving up the triangle, but like most veterans who didn't struggle as rookies the audience doesn't know much about her. Vivian and Christina types become high profile curiosities and remain that way. Otherwise I guess an understated veteran needs to royally screw up like Jenna did, to earn chunks of time devoted to her. I was so impressed that a 6 year veteran was finally understanding what is expected of her

* Oregon has a superstar cheer and dance team. That's partially why I favor Maggie and was aware of her. Oregon overtook USC and other collegiate cheer squads many years ago. I'm not sure Kelli or Judy or anyone in the DCC organization has any clue about that. If you sample and post on college football message boards, as I do, the young guys go nuts about Oregon cheerleaders, far beyond any other school. Sometimes the threads with Oregon cheerleader photos are bandwidth hoggers and extend far beyond the game threads. Actually this began about 7 years ago, about the time Oregon faced Auburn for the national title. By now DCC should have been well aware of it and recruiting/encouraging the Oregon gals. Maybe they do. Granted it's a long trek. Maggie is very representative of the trademark Oregon gal -- tall All-America blonde with great midsection.

* Weird for me to favor a blonde. Normally I love the Kelsey types. BTW, Kelsey seemingly gets better looking every year. Prior to Maggie I think the last blonde who struck me was Cara Wakelin and that was nearly 20 years ago. Cara wasn't a cheerleader. Never mind...

* Terrific feature in this episode regarding the group leader forced to quickly pick up on the music and choose an appropriate dance routine within seconds. My wife and I have seen the same thing at various college football venues in recent years. We love to travel and I like to experience the game day atmosphere at different college stadiums, ones I've long watched on television. This is primarily in the southeast. For cheaper seats we often sit in the visiting section. Unfortunately the road team seldom brings its band anymore. Only in recent years have some of the schools started to bring their dance teams instead of the more short and stocky acrobatic cheerleaders. Nowadays those visiting dance teams invariably stand in formation when they know the home band is about to perform. Then the visiting dance leader signals her group, and away they go. My wife in particular has been amazed at how smoothly it unfolds. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That could be too. I noticed Kelsey did not get called out for anything this TC;  just the little office chat at the beginning and no bacon comments.

Probably why Emily Claire (season 7?) made it.  She wasn't that great of a dancer but Kelli said she had "male appeal".

I guess it's safe to say we're NEVER going to get an explanation about Erica.  Just tweeted Kelli and Judy to see if they'd answer back.

Judy and Kelli probably tolerated Kelsey to make Charlotte happy. I still do not think Kelsey is DCC material, but I am not in the DCC organization, and I do not go to the football games or buy calendars or other DCC products.

Emily Claire was lucky when she tried out in Season 7. Season 7 the squad went from 34 girls to 39 girls, plus the fact five one year girls got the axe. Ten new spots were open, and 19 of the 39 girls were rookies. Another rebuilding year for a few lucky girls who otherwise did not have a chance in heck of making the team.

23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy and Kelli probably tolerated Kelsey to make Charlotte happy. I still do not think Kelsey is DCC material, but I am not in the DCC organization, and I do not go to the football games or buy calendars or other DCC products.

Emily Claire was lucky when she tried out in Season 7. Season 7 the squad went from 34 girls to 39 girls, plus the fact five one year girls got the axe. Ten new spots were open, and 19 of the 39 girls were rookies. Another rebuilding year for a few lucky girls who otherwise did not have a chance in heck of making the team.

I forgot about season 7 with the five 2 year vets getting cut.  Were there any other rookies besides Emily who retired/did not make it back the next year? 

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Kelli really loves her snitches, doesn't she?  Makes me wonder about Kashara and how she suddenly became the greatest and most bestest DCC in our lifetime.

yep ... I'm with you.  All this over the top Kashara love only makes me not trust her even more ... very curious

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Kali, Terri, and Collin were cut at finals, and of course toxic Chelsea was cut during TC. Danielle came close to being cut at finals, but Charlotte and Kelli overturn the other .judges' decision to cut her.

Thanks. I was too lazy to look up the squad photo and figure it out.  It seems like they been cutting at least 3 or more returning 2 yr  vets in the last few seasons.

Edited by MrsEVH
31 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yep ... I'm with you.  All this over the top Kashara love only makes me not trust her even more ... very curious

I think Judy and especially Kelli are trying to prove there are "good" girls on the team since the Jenna/Holly/Erica drama came to play. She did say the girls should be proud of being women of character and a good role models for little girls in the last episode. *rolling eyes* I am sure the girls who are willing to kiss their behinds and follow the rules to the letter will be on the good side of Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. The ironic thing is there has been girls in the past who broke the rules over and over again, but they are not punished or cut. In otherwords, get on the good side of Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte (be a snitch , willing to take the punishment, and kiss up until there is no tomorrow.)

why would the DJ play an entirely new song on game day? Kelli said he plays 300 songs - so he needs to play a #301? If he feels the need to switch it up b/c the season ticket holders are tired of the same old top 40 pop/country, shouldn't he at least bring that to K&J attention the week before he wants to play the new playlist, so the dcc can practice ?

Edited by sATL

Christina should get Savannah a very nice Christmas gift this year.  If it weren't for deciding to keep Savannah for her look, they would have cut Christina to be down to 34.  I will say I am glad it worked out for Christina, she seems like a really nice person and has a 100 watt smile.

12 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Christina should get Savannah a very nice Christmas gift this year.  If it weren't for deciding to keep Savannah for her look, they would have cut Christina to be down to 34.  I will say I am glad it worked out for Christina, she seems like a really nice person and has a 100 watt smile.

I think Zeke is the one she should get a nice gift for ;-)

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Well she must have gotten better  to make it back for her 2nd season. Or else Kelli and Charlotte overruled Judy.

She did get better. Kelli and Char always overrule Judy, but they still don't like her.

Don't have to like each other everybody just has to do their jobs. Kels does her job. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

She did get better. Kelli and Char always overrule Judy, but they still don't like her.

Don't have to like each other everybody just has to do their jobs. Kels does her job. 

Does this mean they don't like her personality, or they just don't like her dancing?

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Does this mean they don't like her personality, or they just don't like her dancing?

Word on the street is they think Kelsey could be the next Melissa Rycroft as in not the best DCC, but be nice to Kelsey bc she is the one who could actually have some kind of legit youtube following and maybe reality show.

Edited by UnicornKicks
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought she was being a big time snotty wiseass, but unless it was edited oddly Kelli was laughing, so I guess she really was just being humorous.  But I did notice she has the Lauren bug-eye thing going on.

Every time they showed Lauren on this episode (and it was quite a bit!), hubby would say "ugh....she looks psycho....stop showing her!"  I love Lauren, but those bug eyes are doing her no favors.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, mmm said:

I love her but... Clearly Kashara is not qualified yet to be GL.

I don’t agree that is clear at all, primarily since I, personally, don’t have enough information on how well she’s been handling the whole job thus far (including seeing how she performs during an actual football game). One mistake in not selecting best song for her group during practice  - a scene arbitrarily chosen for inclusion by CMT - is not enough evidence for me to conclude she is obviously incompetent. Everyone makes mistakes (that’s why it’s called ‘practice’) and I’d hazard a guess that even includes Lacey, Jenna and Jinelle. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli really cares for Kelsey. I think Charlotte overruled Judy and Kelli when it come to Kelsey because she has the looks and male appeal to get fans to pay attention to the squad and to increase sales via calendars and other DCC related products. In otherwords, male appeal wins out over dancing skills.

I think you're right about the male appeal aspect of it. But I do think she got better. They acknowledged she's one of the slower learner's at the start of the season but i think she has proven that she's an asset to the team, not only in looks but appearances. She seems so down to earth and they can trust her at appearances.  At the vet hospital visit they didn't take all the vets but they took Kelsey.  They cut three vets before TC but kept Kelsey so she dances well enough. 

As for Keyra, I think Kelli really likes her. I think Judy does tend to like the taller dancers but I think Keyra will be fine. She's energetic and seems like a fun person, well spoken and a good teammate.  I think after a year on the squad, she'll be more powerful and a great vet for next year's squad. 

As for Jenna, I think they are kind of over her. As much as I love her dancing, I do think it is time she moves on 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I see the Abbey Bear was awarded and would like to see more about awarding it and how the person deserved it.

Remind me about the Abbey bear?  I did not see it awarded, so maybe I should watch again.  What is it?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Slew said:

* I noted that Kitty was shown embracing Christina on the field. Everyone else was being congratulated by family members. I felt bad for Christina. Maybe nobody from her family could make it

I just thought of it as Christina thanking Kitty... I am certain she went to a ton of Kitty's classes to prep for auditioning over the years.  I did wonder how odd it would be to thank her, because she did take part in getting you there, and then find out she thought you were a "blender" and did not pick you for the team.  The dance world is a cruel mistress!

So Savannah was still weak to the very end but kept her because of her personality but last year the last couple of cuts also had great personalities but still cut. I think Amy and Kendell from last year could have made it this season.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Word on the street is they think Kelsey could be the next Melissa Rycroft as in not the best DCC, but be nice to Kelsey bc she is the one who could actually have some kind of legit youtube following and maybe reality show.

Bite your tongue. Another DCC getting attention and a reality television for doing what. Sad state of affairs if a person can be a star simply for showing up on or having their own reality television show. And yes Kelsey was one of the vet brought to visit the VA hospital, but it does not mean she is a stand out vet because of it. Some of the other vets may have had other commitments and were not able to make the appearance.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Bite your tongue. Another DCC getting attention and a reality television for doing what. Sad state of affairs if a person can be a star simply for showing up on or having their own reality television show. And yes Kelsey was one of the vet brought to visit the VA hospital, but it does not mean she is a stand out vet because of it. Some of the other vets may have had other commitments and were not able to make the appearance.

Her boyfriend has a bigger following than her but together = possible audience.

Same buzz is around Kashara and her bull rider boyfriend.

Too bad Jenna couldn't land Zeke or same.

I always freakin love the squad announcement ep! And I always get a little teary just a smidge.? I was pregnant for last year's and didn't know it...here's to that not happening this year ??

Kelli has looked so amazing this season and her hair and overall appearance for the announcement was ? 

??? 3 snaps in a Z formation, Kelli, ya look great, girrl ?

KaShara ? aww, so sweet. I think it's safe to say most of us love you as point! werk.

Alexandria!! My girl crush is gone already?! Dang!

Happy 2017, DCC, congrats and ?⛈ THUN-DAH!!!! 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Wow... no they really are the best in the NFL.  Other team cheerleaders come to audition for DCC and do not necessarily make it.  Most other teams are regional talent.

Agreed.  I am from Houston and I'm sorry to say, but the Texans cheerleaders suck!  They're stripper-ish with bad makeup and overprocessed hair.  Sub-par figures... DCC are the best.

On another note, is anyone thinking of auditioning, or prepping their own daughter to someday be a DCC? ? 

• Love 2

Did anyone wonder if Jenna's dad being a famous choreographer (If I remember correctly he was Michael Jackson's choreographer) play any part in how she was allowed to stay on the team?  I feel bad for wondering if that is why she wasn't outright cut.  I mean, it's over now and she will retire after the end of this year, but I did wonder.

• Love 1

I loved this episode and I did like this season.  I am happy that they showed more dancing and we did get to see more dancing with the Hall of Fame, and Star features.  I liked seeing more of the Jones family and getting to celebrate in their special year.  I like Anthony Ramos, he is the "interested outsider" and he has a good interview style and the show needs to consider new viewers who know nothing about the process.  I like Kitty's contributions and she seemed to tone down her nastiness and brutal honesty this year... which I am sure most people appreciated but I missed!   I miss Jay, sorry to not really see him this season.  I thought the door lady looked fabulous ALL SEASON.  And I thought Kelli, who is always a lovely lady, kicked it up a notch and looked even better this year.  Judy always looks great and I was glad we got to really see her in her element, see what she does- hear her technical dance corrections with camera shots of what the candidates are doing rather than just comments between Kelli and Judy.  That was really the best part of it... we got more dancing and I thought it was so fun.  

• Love 9

Kelsey is a vet, and they addressed her growth last year and put the 50 yard line to bed.  I do think she has improved, she is pretty and has the male factor.  Nothing to say there.  I think in general if it is a face they use in promos and things they try to put them in the best light.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MissKrisPcola said:

I always freakin love the squad announcement ep! And I always get a little teary just a smidge.? I was pregnant for last year's and didn't know it...here's to that not happening this year ??

Kelli has looked so amazing this season and her hair and overall appearance for the announcement was ? 

??? 3 snaps in a Z formation, Kelli, ya look great, girrl ?

KaShara ? aww, so sweet. I think it's safe to say most of us love you as point! werk.

Alexandria!! My girl crush is gone already?! Dang!

Happy 2017, DCC, congrats and ?⛈ THUN-DAH!!!! 

what site or how did you copy in  the small and in color emoji-es ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm still annoyed we never got a feature of Alexis. :( I feel like she, Lexie, Tara and Kalyssa are the only ones I'd bet money will reaudition and make it back no problem. 

I think that might be her choice. 

Some girls just don't like to be featured like former DCC Kinsey. 

• Love 2

For some reason I cannot imagine Kelli or Judy telling anyone "they don't like" one of the candidates.   Some are stronger dancers and have the DCC style down better but I think they are way too mature to put personal feelings into it.  It's their business and that is what matters.

16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Just now, PrincessLeia said:
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get this at all. Maybe you just personally don’t like Kelsey. We do go to games, I’ve seen her dance in person multiple times. Is she as technically trained as Brittany Evans? No. Is she a Nicole Hamilton powerhouse? No, and I’d go as far as to say they don’t have any dancers as good as those two ladies on this years squad. Kelsey totally holds her own on the field. She looks beautiful and has the DCC thing down. She also seems like a genuinely nice person, from what I can tell. 

• Love 19

I usually get so sad when the end of this show comes around and dread that feeling of having to wait until next year. I don’t feel that way anymore :( I didn’t like this season at all and I could take it or leave it. I used to watch and re-watch all of the episodes. This year I skipped through a lot. For me I think that the Star does not have the appeal that Valley Ranch did. The Star seems so over the top corporate and controlled, and it didn’t have the homey feeling. I don’t know, but I didn’t connect right off the bat. It’s not just that, though. I can’t put my finger on it, but this show is not the same anymore. Maybe it is the contestants or all of the additions of the celebrity pieces, but I wasn’t into it. 

Jenna’s self- reflection monologue at the end was so, so lame. She is the epitome of someone putting all their eggs in one basket. What will she do now? She reminds me of someone that was popular in high school and thought that it would just magically continue forever, without a real foothold in reality. I think she is very immature and life is going to hit her very hard when this is done. I have a feeling that she has gotten away with a lot during her lifetime because she has a cute look, but as you are in you get deeper in your 20s and 30s, that no longer cuts it. The cuteness fades and people expect more. 

Also, I thought Kelli’s speech about the glory days was so telling. These women are mega into the DCC, which I understand to an extent, but I hope that there is more for these women to look forward to than that. They have a whole life ahead of them. I think that’s how she feels, but I am sure that a lot of them don’t. It’s just that we don’t get to hear about it because the information that we get is so sanitized. Yes some little girls look up to them (mostly local people I think) but their main, real purpose is to entertain the men (majority) who go to the games. I think it is kind of batty to presume otherwise, but I know that’s the company line. 

I still like the show in general, but the mystique and appeal it had is gone for me. Maybe that will change (I hope so!). 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Did anyone wonder if Jenna's dad being a famous choreographer (If I remember correctly he was Michael Jackson's choreographer) play any part in how she was allowed to stay on the team?

Yep, I've actually wondered this myself!  And maybe I should put this in unpopular opinions, but I think because of that, Jenna will have a much better chance in the pro dance world post-DCC than Holly.  I don't mean that her father would influence her getting jobs, but I'm guessing (I could be totally wrong) he'd be a good influence on her attitude....which is why I think she was so humiliated to tell her parents she was being punished.  Again, I could be totally off base, but I really do think she learned her lesson.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

Also, I thought Kelli’s speech about the glory days was so telling. These women are mega into the DCC, which I understand to an extent, but I hope that there is more for these women to look forward to than that.

This!

• Love 3

@sATL lol I just used the emojis on my phone keyboard ? #jazzhands #spiritfingers 

Oh, who caught the slow-mo tears falling off of Lauren's cheeks after the reveal? Neat. I feel like they amped it up this year, took the show up a notch...there are so many little details I've been noticing this go round. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get this at all. Maybe you just personally don’t like Kelsey. We do go to games, I’ve seen her dance in person multiple times. Is she as technically trained as Brittany Evans? No. Is she a Nicole Hamilton powerhouse? No, and I’d go as far as to say they don’t have any dancers as good as those two ladies on this years squad. Kelsey totally holds her own on the field. She looks beautiful and has the DCC thing down. She also seems like a genuinely nice person, from what I can tell. 

LOVE Kelsey. Love love. Even in her 50 yard line, don't know the GM days(I get super nervous under intense pressure too so I totally get it) I feel like she's added a lot of glam back to the squad. And agree, she just seems like a genuine, sweet, goofy person. I know I've noticed that air of snottiness in some before, but I don't get that from her...like Brooke and Schramm before her, I like that unique can't-quite-put-your-finger-on-it quality she has that makes her stand out (to me at least) 

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yep, I've actually wondered this myself!  And maybe I should put this in unpopular opinions, but I think because of that, Jenna will have a much better chance in the pro dance world post-DCC than Holly.  I don't mean that her father would influence her getting jobs, but I'm guessing (I could be totally wrong) he'd be a good influence on her attitude....which is why I think she was so humiliated to tell her parents she was being punished.  Again, I could be totally off base, but I really do think she learned her lesson.

I do not think Jenna was saved because of her father's association with Michael Jackson. She was willing in some ways to kiss Judy, Kelli, and Charlotte's behind in order to stay on the team. She seems to think she is above the rules and got caught, but she decided not to follow the route Holly and Erica went. I think she should have been shown the door, and I certainly think the team would have survive without her.

42 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Jenna was saved because of her father's association with Michael Jackson.

I don't think so either & didn't say that was the reason, I think (all conjecture of course) he had a talk with his daughter & as a professional choreographer he was able to give her some words of wisdom to get her to do what she had to do to get back in line.

• Love 4

I found it was helpful to watch the final auditions before I saw this episode-how had the girls changed or not.  I noticed that Judy says about Savannah "Oh she's just a little behind...." and then I expected her to say, Bless her heart!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2

I admit Kelsey is better than a few of the one and done girls in the past aka Kali, Terri, Collin, Morgan, Kaitlyn from Season 8, Chelsea, Ashley Pro, Breelan and Kat. I also think she is an improvement over Keyra, Savannah, and Christina. I also think Janielle, Robin, Maggie, KaShara and Lacey are more attractive and more of a DCC overall.  All of us will have girls we like or do not care for when it comes to what we want in a DCC. There are different type of DCCs for all of us to be fans of.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, MissKrisPcola said:

LOVE Kelsey. Love love. Even in her 50 yard line, don't know the GM days(I get super nervous under intense pressure too so I totally get it) I feel like she's added a lot of glam back to the squad. And agree, she just seems like a genuine, sweet, goofy person. I know I've noticed that air of snottiness in some before, but I don't get that from her...like Brooke and Schramm before her, I like that unique can't-quite-put-your-finger-on-it quality she has that makes her stand out (to me at least) 

Have you seen Kelsey on her boyfriend Brody's YouTube channel? They are actually very cute together and seem to enjoy each other's company. She is gorgeous. Him on the other hand? Cute from the neck down. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

And Jenna’s talking head did nothing to convince me that she learned whatever lesson she was supposed to learn from that fiasco. #byefelicia

I think Jenna learned EXACTLY the lesson the organization wanted her to learn from that fiasco: If you're going to break our rarely-enforced rules, DON'T be dumb enough to get caught. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MissKrisPcola said:

I love Brooke and the Schramminator too, because they do not take themselves seriously. 

1 minute ago, Lady GenX said:

I think Jenna learned EXACTLY the lesson the organization wanted her to learn from that fiasco: If you're going to break our rarely-enforced rules, DON'T be dumb enough to get caught. 

Anybody else think she has parents with REALLY high expectations? She mentioned hating telling her folks she would not be going to Canton. Jenna should have given thought to that before making stupid choices. Too late for that, now.

• Love 1