Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E13: The Pre-Season Test

Recommended Posts

Kelli announces the official squad; the hard-fought dream of becoming a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader; full of excitement and nerves, the squad prepares for their very first football game at AT&T Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to the episode tonight. I enjoyed the show this season and I am glad that they did show more dancing and some of the drama!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

At the same time, I am looking forward to this being over with. PLEASE no lame squad announcement. Just......PLEASE! 

This is just too "expected"....not original at all.....

Edited by DCCFanInKy · Reason: changed wording after I reread the quoted post.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

The episode hasn't even aired yet and I'm already sick of all the "Are we going to take 36?"; "We don't have to take 36."; "One year we went down to 32."

Maybe all this time she’s meant bra size??

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

The episode hasn't even aired yet and I'm already sick of all the "Are we going to take 36?"; "We don't have to take 36."; "One year we went down to 32."

That’s why I wish 36 wasn’t made out to be the magic number. There’s too much weight on it when most years they DONT end up with 36 (more or less). Taryn broke my heart last week when she said “they took 37 last year, why couldn’t they take 37 this year” 

If anything, not knowing when they’re done cutting would make me work harder to prove myself. It’s ok to have less, and some squads should have been less than 36. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Keyra's sass! ?

12 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That’s why I wish 36 wasn’t made out to be the magic number. There’s too much weight on it when most years they DONT end up with 36 (more or less). Taryn broke my heart last week when she said “they took 37 last year, why couldn’t they take 37 this year” 

If anything, not knowing when they’re done cutting would make me work harder to prove myself. It’s ok to have less, and some squads should have been less than 36. 

At least they didn't milk it for most if the episode. With the previews, I thought we were going to hear variations of "do we take 36 this year" for 98% of the episode.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Keyra's reaction to Judy's critique about "shimmying" more was a little over the top/borderline sassy attitude.  I bet she's so sick of being called out.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Retired already due to a family members illness. Guessing she moved back home. 

DCC still have Taryn’s number? ? I’m sure she still knows the routines 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

She just posted a picture of her and the other rookies a few hours ago in insta with no mention of her leaving, did her leaving JUST happen?

Edited by beachespeaches
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, beachespeaches said:

She just posted a picture of her and the other rookies a few hours ago in insta with no mention of her leaving, did her leaving JUST happen?

Last week. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Retired already due to a family members illness. Guessing she moved back home. 

What a shame.  Must be very serious.  Thoughts with her and her family. ?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, BCrabby said:

Loving how much we are seeing everyone!

I love Amy L as a DCC, I hate that she had to have this whole little segment... especially for he finale. She’s honestly so good. And adorable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Amy. She made a mistake (that could have hurt someone, yes) but it was ‘out of habit’ and not done intentionally.

Alexis is super pretty.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

She just posted a picture of her and the other rookies a few hours ago in insta with no mention of her leaving, did her leaving JUST happen?

Well, in DCC:MTT show time, she's still with the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, hannahbanana said:

Well, in DCC:MTT show time, she's still with the team.

Well yeah, but I follow her on Instagram and she (understandably) didn't post anything so I was confused. I really liked her so I'm sad to see her leave and I hope everything turns out okay for her and her family member. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't follow the Cowboys during the season, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question: Do the cheerleaders not dance on the touchdown decks during the game anymore, or was them dancing on the field just a pre-season game thing?

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, was is this about Alexandria retiring already?!? 

Decent finale episode. I thought we got more dancing than typical of a finale episode. 

While I don’t think Christina should have made it, I like her personally and I think she’s cute. I’m happy for her. Same with Savannah.

I like Kashara a lot, but the Kashara overload this season has been a bit much. I don’t recall this much fawning over any other dancer on the show, and there have been far better dancers. 

Likewise, I like Jenna just fine, but again.... the overload. It made more sense with her than Kashara since there was actually stuff going on with her and it wasn’t just “jenna’s awesome” being repeated over and over again in different ways, but still....she was on a lot (too much)! 

If Lacey stays next year, can she get some love? Great body, great dancer! She deserves more! 

Kalyssa grew on me over the season. She and Keyra are my faves from the rookie class. I really like Mollie too, though I’m not sure why she stands out above some of the others to me. 

Til next season (assuming there is one)!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, beachespeaches said:

Well yeah, but I follow her on Instagram and she (understandably) didn't post anything so I was confused. I really liked her so I'm sad to see her leave and I hope everything turns out okay for her and her family member. 

A lot of the girls post things concurrent with the show, so I just figured that is what she was doing. Plus, she may not want everyone to know yet (for privacy reasons or whatever) that she's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I don't follow the Cowboys during the season, so forgive me if this is an ignorant question: Do the cheerleaders not dance on the touchdown decks during the game anymore, or was them dancing on the field just a pre-season game thing?

I think they stopped bc it was too dangerous and\or too close to the fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, woodscommaelle said:

I think they stopped bc it was too dangerous and\or too close to the fans.

Thanks! I thought that's what it might be. I had heard that there were disgusting comments from male fans. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Jess14 said:

While I don’t think Christina should have made it, I like her personally and I think she’s cute. I’m happy for her. Same with Savannah.

I'll bet Taryn is livid if she saw this episode and all the "Savannah is the weakest link" comments, but she's the one who is gone! (Not to mention Alexandria having to leave so early in the season -- just one locker away!)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I like Kashara a lot, but the Kashara overload this season has been a bit much. I don’t recall this much fawning over any other dancer on the show, and there have been far better dancers. 

THIS!! It almost felt as though they were trying to convince US that Kashara was amazing and spectacular as point. Instead of just letting her be in front. There were a few seconds in there where I didn't even think Jenna was going to get a goodbye segment. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder why they chose Kashara as point over say, Lacey.  Lacey, in my opinion, is the most attractive DCC and she's an outstanding dancer.  Kashara is very pretty, don't get me wrong, but not stunningly gorgeous.  I would be happy to see Kalyssa someday on point.  She is dynamite.?

Edited by ReneeK
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

THIS!! It almost felt as though they were trying to convince US that Kashara was amazing and spectacular as point. Instead of just letting her be in front. There were a few seconds in there where I didn't even think Jenna was going to get a goodbye segment. 

Yes!!!! KaShara is fine, but come on already.  And Jenna’s talking head did nothing to convince me that she learned whatever lesson she was supposed to learn from that fiasco. #byefelicia

And YAY for no more Melissa! Anthony took the spot she vacated, apparently.

6 minutes ago, ReneeK said:

I wonder why they chose Kashara as point over say, Lacey.  Lacey, in my opinion, is the most attractive DCC and she's an outstanding dancer.  Kashara is very pretty, don't get me wrong, but not stunningly gorgeous.  I would be happy to see Kalyssa someday on point.  She has major sex appeal.

I think it’s because KaShara stands out more with her blonde hair and sex appeal.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I teared up at the announcement again. 

That was a great moment!

Lacey is beautiful! Love her! I'm still a Miranda fan as well. 

That first performance was the game against the Giants? Or was it a pre-season game? 

Overall I did enjoy this season. I liked all the extra dancing stuff they showed this year. Is there some reason they can't show the entire routine upon entering the field? Is it copyrighted? Even though I have been fortunate enough to go to a game and have seen the entire performance, there are many, many people that haven't been lucky enough to do so. 

Forgot to add, I do like Anthony Ramos being there. He is us, he genuinely (at least he seems genuine) is interested in all those details that most of us don't get access to. The whole setting up for the group picture, getting all gussied up for it, that's behind-the-scenes stuff that we wish we were privy to. Yes, we do see bits and pieces but we don't get to feel the excitement and electricity of those moments in person.  Does he show any of this stuff during Access Hollywood? I don't watch that show. 

Edited by Ferniesfreckles
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

THIS!! It almost felt as though they were trying to convince US that Kashara was amazing and spectacular as point. Instead of just letting her be in front. There were a few seconds in there where I didn't even think Jenna was going to get a goodbye segment. 

And it wasn’t just the point stuff either IMO. They replayed that fake group leader announcement, and beyond that, everyone other than Jenna is a new group leader or new second group leader. Where is their little segment? I don’t even recall Jenn K being shoved down my throat this hard, and she was way overexposed IMO. Kashara is at least likeable (unlike Jenn K IMO), but that actually makes it more annoying to me. Regardless of whether one thinks her dancing is worthy of point, she’s certainly a charismatic dancer and seems like a cool and fun person. No need to tell me how great she is every episode.  She can stand on her own just fine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well I think it's safe to say that this is Jenna's last year. Kelli made it pretty clear with her little speech about Jenna "doing great things in her future". I won't miss her. She should have retired while she was ahead last year. Hindsight is always 20/20.

 

KaShara is as adorable as ever. She just seems so humble and genuine. Too bad she didn't rub off more on Jenna. Jenna just seems like she says what people want to hear, not because she really means it. Her hugging KaShara every five minutes was annoying. She just seems desperate and disingenuous. Remove yourself from KaShara's hip and let her enjoy her moment as point. It's like she has to make sure KaShara knows it's her boots she's filling, that point was her spot. She needs to accept the fact that her days as point are over, appreciate being in the triangle and move on. Can you imagine being promoted to a new position at your job and the person you replaced will not stop buttering you up and attaches themself to your hip? So awkward. Like, go away. It's not your job anymore. 

 

I like Lauren, but her eyebrows are starting to bug me. Speaking of eyebrows, Tara's do not match her hair color and it is very obvious on my TV.

 

I like the behind-the-scenes stuff they showed with the production crew during the friends and family event. It's interesting to see how many wheels are in motion and how many people Kelli is dealing with on game day. Seems like it would be stressful making sure everything is perfect.

 

Anyone else catch old TCC Kyndall posing with Chantal after the friends and family event? She is too cute. She's probably kicking herself for not trying out this year seeing as how girls like Christina made the team. 

 

Was this the first time we've heard Alexis speak this season? She flew wayyy under the radar during this camp.

 

Judy: "Y'all are the game day entertainment!"

No, I'm pretty sure it's those guys tossing around the football behind the girls that are the game day entertainment. Nice try though.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Texas Gal said:

I have to laugh, because there is a giant, glaring error on that page...  

59f2ba4cd38a0_ScreenShot2017-10-26at11_44_28PM.thumb.png.c066683bb5ee96322409e671e329a017.png

#damninterns

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I love this show but are the DCC really the best or are we led to believe that because they are the only ones with a show about making the team?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×