Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Day 101

thewhiteowl

During the first 100 days of Mellie's presidency, Fitz has stayed out of the limelight living in Vermont as an ordinary citizen for the first time in years. Marcus joins the former POTUS to begin important work on the Fitzgerald Grant Presidential Library.

So last week I said I had forgotten Fitz existed. This week I'm saying I had forgotten he and Olivia kissed at the end of the finale last season. 

Marcus should have walked away. Does Fitz have a relationship with anyone that's not completely toxic? Although I did like the scene in the bar where the bartender and secret service person jumped in to tell Fitz how men didn't talk about dating exes in bars. They managed to make Fitz tolerable with some of the fish out of water as a normal person thing, until he started treating Marcus like a servant.

Does Mellie know about B613 being reinstated?  And has Fitz seen his son in these 100 days? Cause Mellie seems kind of busy and Fitz seems kind of bored.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

And has Fitz seen his son in these 100 days? Cause Mellie seems kind of busy and Fitz seems kind of bored.  

Or their daughter, for that matter.

As soon as I saw Fitz holding the gun, I flashed back to Cyrus's rant on the topic thereof, so it was actually vaguely impressive that the show had remembered the same thing. But since this was all a flashback, I couldn't get my hopes up, either then or when Papa Pope showed up.

• Love 1

I'm watching right now. Has Daddy Pope ever apologized for killing Fitz's son? This show is whacked. And Fitz killed a judge. Now Pope is terrified of Olivia? Seriously? You don't kill someone's son, to win a presidency for your daughter, and then claim that you thought you were raising a champion. 

I suppose, in a few weeks, we will be back to the promise of, "someone! will! die!" or, "tune in to see who survives..."

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Blech.  I don't even care that my DVR is misbehaving partways into this episode.  Because ... Fitz.  And because this show sucks rocks (as do I, for watching).

I had decided that I wasn't going to comment anymore, if I had nothing good to say. But I took a nap earlier, and am now up all by myself, with nobody awake for me to say, "WTF?" to. So, here I am. ;) 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Anela said:

I had decided that I wasn't going to comment anymore, if I had nothing good to say. But I took a nap earlier, and am now up all by myself, with nobody awake for me to say, "WTF?" to. So, here I am. ;) 

I'm with you, Boo.  My DVR kicked back in just in time to hear another bloviating Papa Pope rant about Olivia ruling the world.  Hail to the all powerful lip quiver.

• Love 4

Well, isn't Fitz the specialest special snowflake that ever fell to Earth. He can roast a turkey! His ex-wife whom he betrayed on multiple occasions admires him! He keeps an activist from despair with a single hug and topples statues! The man who despises him and killed his son begs for his help! He sits on the porch in a freezing Vermont winter without a coat! Of course, we have never heard about a single piece of legislation he got passed, a world crisis he resolved, a treaty he negotiated, or even an initiative he started with long lasting effect, but, heck, women love him and men want to be like him! Was there ever a President like him?

• Love 19

I had to laugh at myself because when I finished watching it on my DVR, I said to myself "Geeze, I'll be glad when this crap is finally over!"  Then a voice inside my head said, "So, why do you watch every week if you hate it?"  But I didn't have an answer - LOL!

I was the same way with "Grimm".  Loved it the first few seasons then things went bonkers and I hated it, but continued to watch it anyway while loathing every show.   I'm having that same "crappy" feeling with "Hawaii 5-0" and "Blue Bloods".

What's wrong with me y'all?  Do I need therapy?

• Love 4

I loved this episode for the simple fact that Fitz gets called on out on his privelege and gets punched in the face! 

I love me some Poppa Pope but even Stevie Wonder can see this is about him trying to regain power. IMO, the plan was for Liv to run the Oval and PP to continue as Command. Liv was to always defer to him but then she just usurped him and iced him out completely. Now, you know he cannot have that.

• Love 2

Aw, po widdle Fitz all alone in that humongous cabin.

Guess I didn't realize the nuances of "gringo" in Cuban Spanish. It would've never occurred to me that word could apply to someone Black. Someone who would then return to the US and be derided as "chico." The irony.

Marcus' read of Fitz was a thing of beauty, especially with regards to Olivia's professional achievements as a Black woman in the political sphere. But then they took it too far IMO with the fist fight. I don't think anyone's swinging on a current or former POTUS ever. (And really, no one held a gun to Olivia's head and forced her to be Fitz's concubine or continue to tolerate his abuse.)

Hypocrisy, thy name is Eli Pope. Olivia's bad apple fell right next to your tree.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Well, isn't Fitz the specialest special snowflake that ever fell to Earth. He can roast a turkey! His ex-wife whom he betrayed on multiple occasions admires him! He keeps an activist from despair with a single hug and topples statues! The man who despises him and killed his son begs for his help! He sits on the porch in a freezing Vermont winter without a coat! Of course, we have never heard about a single piece of legislation he got passed, a world crisis he resolved, a treaty he negotiated, or even an initiative he started with long lasting effect, but, heck, women love him and men want to be like him! Was there ever a President like him?

When Fitz declared that his relationship with Olivia, didn't define his presidency, I *laughed*. 

• Love 5

Does Fitz really think someone like Olivia will be happy in Vermont...I mean maybe a weekend here and there maybe but c'mon...to actually live there????

Sometimes fantasies are just that no need to be literal.

Don't shoot me, but I like Olivia with Curtis

Jake is married, unhappily but that is his stupidity

Fitz is a mess...right now he's fine but he will be a mess again

• Love 2
1 hour ago, J-Man said:

I'm hoping that Marcus and Fitz get to know each other better my making jam together. 

You know, that's not such a bad idea.  I could get down with those two living together.   

Didn't those mountains look more like the ones in the west than those in Vermont? 

Yeah, VT is the Green Mountain State, those mountains weren't green. Even covered in snow, VT mountains don't look like that.

It was very magnanimous of Mellie to speak so highly of Fitz, after he was such a heel to her. 

• Love 1

So Shonda and company now actively hate the viewers so much they thought we wanted a Fitz-centered episode.  When is the final episode of the series? Based on this foolishness alone, it’s clear that final air date is long past due. 

On 10/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, Evagirl said:

I had to laugh at myself because when I finished watching it on my DVR, I said to myself "Geeze, I'll be glad when this crap is finally over!"  Then a voice inside my head said, "So, why do you watch every week if you hate it?"  But I didn't have an answer - LOL!

I was the same way with "Grimm".  Loved it the first few seasons then things went bonkers and I hated it, but continued to watch it anyway while loathing every show.   I'm having that same "crappy" feeling with "Hawaii 5-0" and "Blue Bloods".

What's wrong with me y'all?  Do I need therapy?

Although I gave up on Grimm with the whole Nick and Adaline pairing, I totally get you.  That’s why I’m still here.  I’m still watching the beyond awful Supernatual, hell, I just finally gave up on The Blacklist last week.

During that scene with Fitz and Rowan, when they were quoting the movie X, all I could think of when Rowan was bemoaning how his precious Olivia was in fact just a little monster was another line from that film: "the chickens have come home to roost". 

4 hours ago, reggiejax said:

During that scene with Fitz and Rowan, when they were quoting the movie X, all I could think of when Rowan was bemoaning how his precious Olivia was in fact just a little monster was another line from that film: "the chickens have come home to roost". 

Eli is yet another person who has no business bitching about anything.

What is these people's problem?

Mellie wanted to be president, and she is president.

Cyrus went from being in prison to being Vice President.

Jake is restarting B613 so he's going back to being the person he feels most comfortable being.

Olivia is Chief of Staff, was screwing Jake, has moved onto Curtis, and has Fitz waiting at her front door.

Eli told Olivia over and over and over again that power was the most important thing, and now he's whining because Olivia has power?

Fitz, in spite of the fact that he didn't accomplish anything his 8 years in office, is still well regarded.  And after whining about Olivia not defining his presidency, on the flimsiest of excuses, goes running to hang around outside Olivia's door because of something Eli told him.  Idiot.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2017 at 10:27 AM, FlowerofCarnage said:

I loved this episode for the simple fact that Fitz gets called on out on his privelege and gets punched in the face! 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:38 AM, Oblique Angle said:

Guess I didn't realize the nuances of "gringo" in Cuban Spanish. It would've never occurred to me that word could apply to someone Black. Someone who would then return to the US and be derided as "chico." The irony.

Marcus' read of Fitz was a thing of beauty, especially with regards to Olivia's professional achievements as a Black woman in the political sphere. But then they took it too far IMO with the fist fight. I don't think anyone's swinging on a current or former POTUS ever. (And really, no one held a gun to Olivia's head and forced her to be Fitz's concubine or continue to tolerate his abuse.)

Hypocrisy, thy name is Eli Pope. Olivia's bad apple fell right next to your tree.

I never hated Fitz, but this episode was great in underscoring why I should. I loved Marcus' confrontation with Fitz, and even though it was telegraphed that Marcus would come back (and that Fitz would end up lending his presidential support to the freezing activist at the base of General Cyst (really?) ) it felt very satisfying. This series needed to end with Fitz getting told, at least in a way where his character could actually look like there was a possibility of evolving...at last.

Yeah, I kept wondering where the Secret Service guy was for the first minute of the fight, although it was already implausible that Marcus would even have threatened Fitz with physical harm. But they had to close out the arc of Marcus becoming his running buddy, drinking buddy to dudebro he's exchanged punches with.

Then again, almost everything in tonight's episode was a lot more plausible than things like Abby becoming Chief of Staff. At least Fitz never fumbled Marcus' name.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, Anela said:

When Fitz declared that his relationship with Olivia, didn't define his presidency, I *laughed*

Me too. Unfortunately it wasn't the only unintentional piece of comedy. When Fitz said "we brought something for you' to the activist I was expecting blankets, camp heater, food, thermos of hot water, etc. to appear out of the motorcade. How about all those roast turkeys that he perfected? And then he presents a pair of dinky gloves.

Well at least we know now he didn't wait that long outside Olivia's door.

• Love 5

The below comment is shallow I know it and I still need to say it.

While Marcus seems nice enough, he isn't hot like Columbus Short and I really think the show is trying to fill him in that role.

It just doesn't work for me.

When Olivia was recovering from the kidnap and became Alex, we got Brian White and I enjoyed the hell out of him.

I'm trying to stick it out but with all the silliness, the least Shonda could do is throw me a bone in the hot guy category. 

I'm gonna go read a book now. Lol

• Love 1

I think the actor who plays Marcus needs to grow his hair out some to cover his block head.  Brian White is hot but maybe he's doing other things now.  I also liked Columbus Short, too bad he messed up.  

• Love 1

Well there's one hour of my life I'll never get back.  Mellie is one second short of writing love notes in her Trapper Keeper. My Papa Pope hate has transfigured itself into love.  I mean, who could not love a scene stealer like that?  The drama! The bellowing!! The sitting on the floor inconsolable! He does it all!!

• Love 4

I love how on Day 101 they made it seem like it was freezing outside and digitally put in seeing people breathes, when it would’ve been the end of April. But in all other scenes where it was January in Vermont the characters are only wearing light jackets.   That is what I took away from this waste of an episode. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, willgracefan said:

I love how on Day 101 they made it seem like it was freezing outside and digitally put in seeing people breathes, when it would’ve been the end of April. But in all other scenes where it was January in Vermont the characters are only wearing light jackets.   That is what I took away from this waste of an episode. 

Also, when the news was talking about the guy protesting they said the weather was getting worse.  But it would have been February going into March at that point. The weather should be getting better. That part annoyed me.

• Love 1