Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Mystic Mistake

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

"He is a knowledgeable man who can converse on any subject, and fights for the causes he truly believes in. The NOBLEMAN is successful in his professional life, a true man of character who aspires to intelligence and cares for those around him. He is a man of style, substance and success."

ANY subject, people! He is just as comfortable conversing about the quadratic equation as he is conversing about the best cast-on to use while knitting. Wow! Whatta guy!

Too bad their write-up has no "style, substance, or success"! Idiots. 

But can he converse comfortably about being a castrati?  I’m pretty sure that in the Alpha male handbook rule 2 is that you have to be intact. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ok. I agree that I might have an obsession with this subject. 

Yeah that's kinda what i figured.

No, I am not hungry tho I am only 88 lbs and can usually eat whatever I want (because it takes so little to fill me; I don't consume enough to gain weight which is an issue for my doctors They feel that I am underweight).

Wow that's a whole lotta personal info i actually didn't ask for. Since you shared, I'll share too: I weigh 112 pounds and am 5'6". My docs used to worry about me being underweight but all my vitals are good. I eat like a teamster after a long day on the road. Now the docs just figure my weight is my weight and nothin' to fret about. 

Let's just call it my signature comment. 

Is that like a safe word?

Thank you for your concern. 

you're welcome.

14 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

To be fair, Lydia's mom is the only paid subscriber, so their subscriber base probably does want to read about Lydia's vacation Whooping it Up since said base bought Lydia a new parka for the trip.

It was in her friend Jaye Adderton's husband's helicopter.  He use to be my boss.  He made poor business decisions and spent money like it was nothing.  One example being taking said helicopter to work every day instead of driving from OC to LA.  We had 2 pilots on staff and also, unrelated but more ridiculous, a UFO-ologist (really a cryptozoologist, but his title was Staff UFO-ologist).  I have lots of fun stories from that mad house.

i would love to hear the stories. Could you put them in Small talk or Heather's thread since they are related?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Which is one of the reasons I can't stand Shannon -- that said, the way she's falling apart (so naked and so messy and high strung) makes it impossible for me not to take her side when the bear-poking happens. Setting up a sad sack to lose her shit has to be the lowest sport of all. 

Me, too  ("They may take our lives, but they'll never take our chicken tetrazinni!")

Goop is poop -- how's that for mighty insight, Jextella? ; )

(That woman drives me nuts, with her blabber blabber -  "I'm not like someone who makes 20,000 a year" and "I would never feed my children X food"  -- the classism drips off her like flop sweat.)

Well said!  It makes me mad, actually.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It was in her friend Jaye Adderton's husband's helicopter.  He use to be my boss.  He made poor business decisions and spent money like it was nothing.  One example being taking said helicopter to work every day instead of driving from OC to LA.  We had 2 pilots on staff and also, unrelated but more ridiculous, a UFO-ologist (really a cryptozoologist, but his title was Staff UFO-ologist).  I have lots of fun stories from that mad house.

wait??? wha??? this is awesome!!!!

• Love 7

I hate it when I completely do a 180 on the way I feel about a housewife, but that is in fact what has happened with this latest episode. I´m now kind of liking Lydia. The only reason being: Iceland. Of course it had to be her who finally mentioned the magic word, since it´s her trip. I´ve been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting (and waiting) for this whole mess to become interesting with the Iceland trip and it´s already episode 15. I was almost at the breaking point. It´s been such a horribly boring season and I desperately need it to get better by them going to Iceland. When Lydia invited them they were all so dead-pan and uninterested, and of course my second least favorite, Kelly, did a whoo-hoo on the phone about it. So I´m liking her. Stupid Peggy doesn´t even know where Iceland is (typical her). And Lydia has faux-fur, just another reason for me to love her (*shudder* but it´s true).

Edited to add: I must have been out of my mind when I wrote this yesterday. Now that I have gone back to my senses I  just want to say that of course I still despise Lydia. No faux-fur or Iceland trip could ever change that for more than a few hours. I don´t know why it happened but it seems like the mention of Iceland (finally) just sort of wiped out a lot of her previous manipulative viciousness and I was ready to forgive all (like the true christian that I am - unlike her). Thanks to all the good posters on here I´m now fully loaded with Lydia hatred again :)

Edited by halkatla
Lydia hatred.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

To be fair, Lydia's mom is the only paid subscriber, so their subscriber base probably does want to read about Lydia's vacation Whooping it Up since said base bought Lydia a new parka for the trip.

Now see, this has never made sense to me. TPTB seem to want a younger than the originals, rich and coastal OC HW cast and Heather wanted to bring her friends onboard. I could never figure out why this didn't happen. Instead we got the prosperity Christian set that seems to falsely portray their wealth in rentals that are water adjacent. I'm sure snooty Heather's friends are well heeled and to stay on topic she probably could have found a better mystic too.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, sarivon said:

Yeah that's kinda what i figured.

Wow that's a whole lotta personal info i actually didn't ask for. Since you shared, I'll share too: I weigh 112 pounds and am 5'6". My docs used to worry about me being underweight but all my vitals are good. I eat like a teamster after a long day on the road. Now the docs just figure my weight is my weight and nothin' to fret about. 

Is that like a safe word?

you're welcome.

i would love to hear the stories. Could you put them in Small talk or Heather's thread since they are related?

You go girl!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Ok. I agree that I might have an obsession with this subject.

Regarding casseroles, I thought that was the running joke for this franchise.  Vicki mentions it all of the time.  She practically demands a casserole for every single ailment!  I think it's funny whenever it's brought up here.  It's like Ramona (RHONYC) saying 'kadooz' instead of 'kudos.'  That never gets old!   Bring on the casserole jokes!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, Straycat80 said:

Poor, poor misguided Peggy. She said she came into the group for support from the 'woman'. Not from this group and certainly not on a reality show!

Exactly!  She would've been better suited finding other Armenian women to bond with.    Surely there are other folks of Armenian descent in her area.   My son moved clear across the country years ago (by himself) and he discovered the website 'Reddit.'   He found other like-minded folks with his interests and contacted them.  They formed their own little group.  It can be done!!  

• Love 10
23 hours ago, ITALIA said:

Peggy and small Dicko named their son KOKO - perfect name for a monkey. Poor thing - he seems just as dumb as both of his parents.

Maybe she is - what do you dig?

MAybe not as dumb. After all he did refuse the kisses from Tamra and Vicki.

• Love 7

Ripped Jeans!   Are they not PASSE`? These idiot OC lemmings wear jeans ripped at the knee, ripped above and below the knee--probably in the butticle area...and sometimes most of them show up at the same time in these fabulous designer jeans.

Obviously they haven't been attending the latest and most prestigious runway shows featuring "thong jeans."  I'm not kidding.

ThongJeans.jpeg

• Love 6

Am I the only person that can't stand Shannon?  I'm sure that she has a good heart and I know that she's been through a lot, but she is so annoying!  The drama! The screaming! The screeching! Her husband is an idiot too, but I can not imagine having to deal with her.  Her poor kids!  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It was in her friend Jaye Adderton's husband's helicopter.  He used to be my boss.  He made poor business decisions and spent money like it was nothing.  One example being taking said helicopter to work every day instead of driving from OC to LA.  We had 2 pilots on staff and also, unrelated but more ridiculous, a UFO-ologist (really a cryptozoologist, but his title was Staff UFO-ologist).  I have lots of fun stories from that mad house.

I love these little tidbits. Thanks for posting! Would have missed if it was elsewhere since I only have time to hit one thread. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Designers must be scraping the barrell.  Kinda like all the Hollywood reboots.

Pure shock for attention. that stupid look made its way to a blog about real housewives. I bet that pic was reposted a million times. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Ripped Jeans!   Are they not PASSE`? These idiot OC lemmings wear jeans ripped at the knee, ripped above and below the knee--probably in the butticle area...and sometimes most of them show up at the same time in these fabulous designer jeans.

Obviously they haven't been attending the latest and most prestigious runway shows featuring "thong jeans."  I'm not kidding.

ThongJeans.jpeg

Good lord! In addition to the terrible "pants," the rest of the look reminds of the "before" look of some wallflower/awkward girl in a movie where she gets a makeover halfway through, only for her classmates to discover she's actually beautiful. The hair, the shoes, the glasses?!?

• Love 5
On 10/19/2017 at 4:22 AM, gundysgirl said:

I think the producers showed us what was going on with Shannon, and the truth is that Shannon is a mess. It is hard to not feel badly for her, but also frustrating to watch the way she reacts to everything. Tamra said that they talk every single day and that Shannon cries every single day when they talk. That is something to be concerned about. She has been falling apart since her very first scene on this show, but wow is it escalating. And I don't think the problem is these other gals. She is miserable in her own head and in her own life. She feels like she has no one backing her up in the group, but seems to have forgotten her first season when they all went to Bali. She tried to turn the one friend Tamra had on that trip (Heather) against her in a big way, by revealing to Heather hurtful things that Tamra had said to her in private. She was desperate to make sure Tamra felt alone. And maybe others are gas lighting her. I have no idea. But if that is what gas lighting looks like, I think that Shannon was doing that to Kelly last season in Ireland when she was encouraging her to drink after Kelly made it clear she didn't want to drink that night. Shannon wasn't a friend trying to get another friend to let her hair down and have some fun. She didn't like or care for Kelly and just wanted her to be put in a vulnerable position on camera where she would most certainly make an ass out of herself. 

The stuff with Vicki is interesting to me only in that the narrative to me has changed. Early in the season it looked like others didn't want to film with her. But now it looks different. Vicki has missed a couple of big group filming opportunities. The one on the boat to celebrate the whole balls getting cut off stupidity, and now the deal at Meghan's house. Vicki was invited in both situations but opted to not be part of the group events. Since there haven't been as many big group events, it says a lot that Vicki was willing to instead film alone. She cannot claim that the others didn't want her around if she stayed away. 

I think she is need of major therapy and meds.  I know when I was going through a HORRIBLE time I needed meds and took them for several years.  I was also seeing a therapist 2X a week and a shrink once a month.  I would cry daily about anything.  It took a lot of effort to NOT cry.  She cannot help it at this stage.  She may have gained weight but that is just a symptom.  She needs to lose 160lbs of chip crunching David.  The hint I needed help was ripping a coworker a new ass and making him cry.   As soon as I saw what I did and how awful it was I grabbed my purse, went home and made an appt.  Next day I apologized profusely to my coworker and 18 years later we are still friends.  For Mindthinkr, a casserole may have helped some :).

I feel for Shannon.  I think she has a good heart and could be fun.  This too shall pass if she makes an effort.  

• Love 17

Lydia asked her doofus husband the question about inviting the girls to Iceland - "Am I an idiot.?
YES. Lydia, you are and always will be.

Shannon needs help. What a self-absorbed, fat, drama queen. Not surprised David avoids her. She's such a LOSER.

Vicki needs to  go. She's an effing idiot.

Peggy needs to ditch the pink lipstick. Her dried-out hair looks like shit. She's REALLY homely and an idiot.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ITALIA said:

Lydia asked her doofus husband the question about inviting the girls to Iceland - "Am I an idiot.?
YES. Lydia, you are and always will be.

Shannon needs help. What a self-absorbed, fat, drama queen. Not surprised David avoids her. She's such a LOSER.

Vicki needs to  go. She's an effing idiot.

Peggy needs to ditch the pink lipstick. Her dried-out hair looks like shit. She's REALLY homely and an idiot.

And none of them have anything to OFFER!

• Love 2

Imagine what could have been if everyone had at some point been fired except for Vicky, Tamra and Heather, and then Heather´s snobby & perhaps classy friends had joined? I think it could have been awesome to watch, as Tamra and Vicky would have been trying to keep up, for the first time the show would have had Tamra more in danger than in control. She would have had to re-invent herself totally to gain favor with a whole bunch of Heathers and not just the one. Vicky´s craziness might even have been fun when compared to those that were more boring, Heather would have been competing with her friends in all the right ways etc, etc.

I just can´t stand what the O.C has become. I love Shannon, but she´s just not fit in any way shape or form to be a housewife. Her family doesn´t deserve this all being exposed on tv and Shannon needs to heal. Kelly and Peggy are such utter and complete fools, and they lack all the background and familiarity for us to like them or their stupidity.

• Love 9
On 10/16/2017 at 9:44 PM, dosodog said:

I've watched the re runs and I'm still unsure what Peggy went through.  I KNOW she went through SOMETHING, but she is clear as mud.

I have watched very little of this season, but I was under the impression that Peggy's surgery was for preventative measures, not as a result of having cancer.  I'm probably wrong about that, but because I believed that to be so, I thought it was extremely unseemly of Bravo to have this storyline subsequent to the Brooks mess.  

On 10/16/2017 at 9:47 PM, JD5166 said:

Why is Lydia wearing all of my clothes from the 80’s? 

Need more information.  Where they at a high-end children's resale shop?

• Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 9:56 PM, parrotlover said:

Lol David eating chips. He has so checked out.

I've been wondering if he was following the Kelsey Grammar playbook from the very beginning.

Give her a distraction, get a chippy, hire a lawyer.  Not sure why he deviated from plan with the vow renewal, but I think he's back on course.  I don't wish it for her because I don't think anyone can play act that kind of crazy, but in the end it will be better for her and her family for them to be splitsville imo.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I had no choice, but to undergo a mastectomy

Hope your health is heading in the right direction!  Best to you~

• Love 4
On 10/17/2017 at 0:38 AM, WordsWordsWords said:

Diko: You've been in the US since you were one year old.

Peggy: I"m not American. I'm Armenian.

Me; *sigh*

Vickie: I called my pastor and he said stay away from that psychic!

Me: Hahahahhahahaha

Lydia: I want to be Lovely Lydia

Me: Yeah, and I wanna be Wonder Woman.

Peggy: Where is Iceland?

Me: *head-desk*

Re: Iceland

Me: Dies of jealousy

Peggy: Who's going to carry my luggages?

Me: Good lord, woman, weren't you an ENGLISH major at university? Did you pay someone to (a) go to your classes and (b) take all your tests?

Next week -- Iceland!

Peggy's spirit animal - 

balkie.jpg

On 10/17/2017 at 0:55 AM, Juneau Gal said:

What a completely vile, phony piece of work she is.  

The RHO formula for a renewed contract.

• Love 8
On 10/17/2017 at 8:45 AM, lunastartron said:

Peggy was born in Kuwait. At least, that's what her bio on the Bravo site said pre-season. 

So she's Armenimerikuwaitinese.  Got it.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:47 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I just want to see Vicki get hit in the head with a concrete football.  I need more of that. 

FTFY.  I know what you meant.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:18 AM, FamilyVan said:

Lydia never should have come back to the show.  The thirst for more can backfire!  After her season she left on a relative high note, people were sympathertic to her becuause Ragey Ryan chewed out her mom.  And people remember her standing up to Slade and calling him a douche, which anyone would applaud.  Probably she had decent favorability in the public eye as "that former housewife".  But nooo that wasn't good enough, she had to come back with her unicorn sparkle and now everyone cannot stand her and she has lost any good will.  Well played Lydia!  

She went to school.  She learned that being a nice, quiet little sweetheart wasn't conducive to receiving a Bravo contract.  

• Love 3
On 10/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, LilaFowler said:

I'm trying to decide if taking one's baby to a foreign country for a Bravolebrity trip is stupid or a sign of total commitment.

It's a sign that your husband, the one with a 3rd wife by the age of 44, isn't really invested in your family.

ymmv

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, VedaPierce said:

"He is a knowledgeable man who can converse on any subject, and fights for the causes he truly believes in. The NOBLEMAN is successful in his professional life, a true man of character who aspires to intelligence and cares for those around him. He is a man of style, substance and success."

ANY subject, people! He is just as comfortable conversing about the quadratic equation as he is conversing about the best cast-on to use while knitting. Wow! Whatta guy!

Too bad their write-up has no "style, substance, or success"! Idiots. 

A Mexican beer is missing its spokesman.

• Love 7
On 10/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I'm sure that she still does love him. She knows that everyone is dead set against him (this cast, her daughter and probably her son too, as well as the rest of America and other viewing countries). If she could, she'd be back with him in a heartbeat. Wait...could he be the cause of her enlarged upper chambers and A Fib? No one wants to hear about it. He so soured us that we don't give a hoot about your health and have little tolerance for anyone who has illnesses. Sorry Peggy. You'll never get any sympathy or casseroles because Vicki ruined it for all.  We should sic our Detective Megan on this to see if she's secretly in touch with him. What floored me was that she took up with Steve so fast afterwards. Whatever could he see in her besides D-list fame and money?  

To be honest, these shows are filmed what, like a year in advance of airing?  Still a bit quick to be so far in, but for Icky, it makes sense.  What with her love tank and all.

Motorboating in the gigantic tatas?

It’s absurd to think that men of substance would subscribe to a magazine produced by two substance-free chuckleheads. Seems this couple’s exposure on the show could only doom such an enterprise - makes me think the mag is just for storyline purposes.

• Love 3
On 10/19/2017 at 1:01 AM, telemachus2 said:

As a breast cancer survivor (& highly offended by Vick's & Brook's lies) I've been amazed by the Ho'wives' belief that only those with BRCA cancer should consider mastectomy.  I had aggressive (Grade 3) HER2 positive, estrogen negative breast cancer, fortunately detected via mammogram at Stage 1.  I eventually opted for bilateral mastectomy, for a tad more peace of mind than offered by lesser surgery, & to end the annual worry re my mammo's.   The great thing is mammo's do save lives, & we now have some choice if cancer is found - to each his/her own.  Apparently The Armenian has now spelled out her condition very clearly (as befitting an English major) in her blog - too bad so much wasted screen time was spent on her faked inarticulateness.  And then Pegs resorts to the tried & trite fit-someone-into-a-suitcase trope - Diko, have you no self-respect?  Pegs obviously has little for him!

Well stated.  I hope your health is good and that your future is bright.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:31 AM, Diane Mars said:

My guess is that trip is an infomercial for Nobleman.... A paid publicity stunt for Iceland, paid by the tourism office of Iceland. Nothing more...

Yeah, for those questioning the reason for Lydia's return...I give you Nobleman.

• Love 4