Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Mystic Mistake

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've been wondering if he was following the Kelsey Grammar playbook from the very beginning.

Give her a distraction, get a chippy, hire a lawyer.  Not sure why he deviated from plan with the vow renewal, but I think he's back on course.  I don't wish it for her because I don't think anyone can play act that kind of crazy, but in the end it will be better for her and her family for them to be splitsville imo.

I would say yes to David trying to Kelsey Shannon. The affair began just as filming started. The only problem with David's attempt to chuck Shannon is that his mistress had a career and family that she didn't want to give up. If she had agreed to be with him for real, we'd be watching a very different story. Nicole didn't want him, so David came sniveling back to Shannon. If Shannon had more self-esteem she'd have happily let him leave.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I would say yes to David trying to Kelsey Shannon. The affair began just as filming started. The only problem with David's attempt to chuck Shannon is that his mistress had a career and family that she didn't want to give up. If she had agreed to be with him for real, we'd be watching a very different story. Nicole didn't want him, so David came sniveling back to Shannon. If Shannon had more self-esteem she'd have happily let him leave.

Yeah, if I were going to judge him strictly from what we've been shown, I'd say his only redeeming characteristic is his earning power.  There are more fish in that sea however.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've been wondering if he was following the Kelsey Grammar playbook from the very beginning.

Give her a distraction, get a chippy, hire a lawyer.  Not sure why he deviated from plan with the vow renewal, but I think he's back on course.  I don't wish it for her because I don't think anyone can play act that kind of crazy, but in the end it will be better for her and her family for them to be splitsville imo.

Hope your health is heading in the right direction!  Best to you~

I'm all good thank you.   It was two years ago and tomorrow I'm running an 8k for breast cancer research.

• Love 13

I liked the way Doug advised Lydia she was writing an article about Iceland for him.

It seems Lydia did not write the article but this man authored the advertorial. http://noblemanmagazine.com/iceland/ 

Although stunningly beautiful I think it is lost on a RH show.  It is like watching someone else's photos of their vacation.  Of course we will have the usual food gagging and I am quite certain Vicki will be the one with a Fred Sandford moment in order to elicit sympathy from her detractors.  Now that she has been officially diagnosed with a heart ailment.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

I hate Vicki's need to order from the children's menu wherever they go. However, as was mentioned a few pages ago, fermented shark is one of those "delicacies" that even intrepid world travelers shy away from.

• Love 2

Dear Tamara,

The only reason you are saying you like Peggy because you two are SOOOO alike (ballsy, outspoken etc) is because you KNOW Peggy can rip you a new OC A-hole and you are at least, smart enough to know to befriend Peggy, not OFFEND. But i think Peggy (or, I HOPE) will indeed rip you to shreds.Please bring it Peggy!!!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Dear Tamara,

The only reason you are saying you like Peggy because you two are SOOOO alike (ballsy, outspoken etc) is because you KNOW Peggy can rip you a new OC A-hole and you are at least, smart enough to know to befriend Peggy, not OFFEND. But i think Peggy (or, I HOPE) will indeed rip you to shreds.Please bring it Peggy!!!

Peggy isn't smart enough to rip anyone to shreds. She's a dumb ass.

• Love 8
On 10/23/2017 at 7:53 AM, NYCFree said:

I hate Vicki's need to order from the children's menu wherever they go. However, as was mentioned a few pages ago, fermented shark is one of those "delicacies" that even intrepid world travelers shy away from.

Many, many years ago my very small high school had an exchange student from Iceland who was great friends with my sister (still friends almost 40 years later).  Her family would send her Icelandic snacks which were dried fish.  My sister finally had to ask Lola to stop keeping this in her pocket because she stank to high heaven and people were giving her weird looks. 

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, AntAnn said:

I agree! It seems that Peggy just wants to stir the pot. Confusing explanations about her health. Accusing David of grilling Diko. Running out crying when Shannon is trying to reach out! Just freaking weird. Also, Peggy and Lydiot didn't arrive together did they? So, why was Lydiot driving Peggy home? Was she too upset to drive? That whole scene at Meghan's was bizarre, weird and confusing to me.

The funniest part is David was just as apathetic as ever when talking to Diko.  He couldn't have cared less.  He almost missed the C word - oh Cancer!  That's not good.  He was trying to make nice with the obnoxious manic newbie.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, ghoulina said:

Ugh, she is so ridiculous. Yea, it's not like she's going there to meet clients or anything. They're just going to be roaming around Iceland and then she will supposedly write an article on how awesome it is. Noballsman will tank with or without the girls behaving properly. 

I'm not a noble man, so I don't read this rag.  Is anyone willing to take one for the team and report back on this article?  I wonder how you express flinging arms, rainbows, tiaras, and pixie dust into words.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, KungFuBunny said:

The premise for this year's group trip is Doug & Lydia planning a "girls' trip" so that Lydia can write an article for NoBallsMan magazine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn the core customer of the magazine is not a group of OC mom's going to Whoop It Up.

From NoBallsMan website:

NOBLEMAN is a magazine designed for the gentlemanly alpha male, the leading man who is confident, capable and truly appreciates the finer things in life. He is not one to beat his own chest; the NOBLEMAN is humble despite his great achievements, and always eager to discover and learn. He possesses his own individual style, but also endeavors to keep up with ever-changing fashion trends; however, he is never a fashion victim.

He is a knowledgeable man who can converse on any subject, and fights for the causes he truly believes in. The NOBLEMAN is successful in his professional life, a true man of character who aspires to intelligence and cares for those around him. He is a man of style, substance and success.

It costs $80 for a yearly subscription which consists of 4 magazines. How many scintillating articles are in these pages done by Lydia? How many are written by Doug? It sounds like the majority of the magazine is filled with "ads".

Next on RHOC: Lydia coordinates an Scrotum Ice Sculpture contest. Winner gets a years subscription to her magazine...woo woo

Is there an American male who would describe himself as a "gentlemanly alpha male"?  I mean post-1860s southern men?  Does Lydia have secret fantasies of sitting on the veranda fanning herself, whilst surrounded by fifty gentlemanly alpha males, all wooing her to court?  Mammie caring for the babies, and the fields filled with happy darkies?  

She's a moron beyond belief.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, VedaPierce said:

The second I saw lydia fling those menus and storm away in a huff (a la, ME, in Acapulco, with my parents, in 1987) she lost. Stupid and annoying for a teenager. Insufferable for a woman pushing middle-age. I'm happy Shannon got to see it. "why Lydia, whatever is the matter? Why do you have to be so dramatic?" Lol. Would have loved if shannon said that to her!

Shannon:  (soft, gentle voice) "Lydia, dear, are you okay?  It's just so surprising a woman of your decorum threw a temper fit.  Are you well?  Could it be . . . could there be a problem in your marriage?  Did you catch Doug with a man? Could that be why you reacted so violently, and irrationally?  Shall we call an ambulance?  Oh look (said to the room), she's knocked herself unconscious again with those skinny arms.  Poor dear."

• Love 14

The funniest part is David was just as apathetic as ever when talking to Diko.  He couldn't have cared less.  He almost missed the C word - oh Cancer!  That's not good.  He was trying to make nice with the obnoxious manic newbie

Right? He said that to pretend he was paying attention when really he was just listening for keywords. Cancer = bad, better respond. 

It doesn’t help that they both describe it as not cancer but also cancer but they removed the three cm of cancer but she didn’t actually have cancer but it wasn’t precancerous cells it was actual cancer. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Right? He said that to pretend he was paying attention when really he was just listening for keywords. Cancer = bad, better respond. 

It doesn’t help that they both describe it as not cancer but also cancer but they removed the three cm of cancer but she didn’t actually have cancer but it wasn’t precancerous cells it was actual cancer. 

or that David seemed a little buzzed, as he was slurring a bit.  Poor guy was probably looking to half pay attention to some frivolous small talk, and Diko had to start talking about cancer. or not cancer. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is there an American male who would describe himself as a "gentlemanly alpha male"?  I mean post-1860s southern men?  Does Lydia have secret fantasies of sitting on the veranda fanning herself, whilst surrounded by fifty gentlemanly alpha males, all wooing her to court?  Mammie caring for the babies, and the fields filled with happy darkies?  

She's a moron beyond belief.

Shannon:  (soft, gentle voice) "Lydia, dear, are you okay?  It's just so surprising a woman of your decorum threw a temper fit.  Are you well?  Could it be . . . could there be a problem in your marriage?  Did you catch Doug with a man? Could that be why you reacted so violently, and irrationally?  Shall we call an ambulance?  Oh look (said to the room), she's knocked herself unconscious again with those skinny arms.  Poor dear."

I totally agree with the exception that Shannon is not capable of "soft, gentle voice" . Not possible.

Other than that, I agree,  Lydia is delusional.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The funniest part is David was just as apathetic as ever when talking to Diko.  He couldn't have cared less.  He almost missed the C word - oh Cancer!  That's not good.  He was trying to make nice with the obnoxious manic newbie.

I'm not a noble man, so I don't read this rag.  Is anyone willing to take one for the team and report back on this article?  I wonder how you express flinging arms, rainbows, tiaras, and pixie dust into words.

It's $20 an issue. 

9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is there an American male who would describe himself as a "gentlemanly alpha male"?  I mean post-1860s southern men?  

Thomas Ravenel?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

or that David seemed a little buzzed, as he was slurring a bit.  Poor guy was probably looking to half pay attention to some frivolous small talk, and Diko had to start talking about cancer. or not cancer. 

And half paying attention to his needy, demanding, insecure wife who might,can and will go off on David if he does/says anything to upset her....warranted or not.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Brianna looked really pretty this episode. Her hair looked nice and she's lost weight. 

I think Brianna is a pretty girl.  Not in the traditional sense, but her look appeals to me.  Weight doesn't help anyone and I hope she gets back to a healthy place with it soon.  I only say that for health reasons.  I've battled weight my entire life and as I got older, health issues popped up as a result.   She has enough of those already.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Beautiful photography. I just didn't feel like reading the novel that went with those pics. I'm too tired. 

I did read it, and have a greater appreciation for the beauty of Iceland.  Pity they didn't show any of this on the episode.

• Love 3

I think Lydia and Peggy were being dumb about the psychic, but on the other hand if Lydia had planned a party around her pastor praying and blessing everyone I bet a few of the ladies would be a little uncomfortable.

sometimes I struggle to pin down what it is about Shannon that rubs me the wrong way. The dinner conversation reminded me. I don’t think Peggy or Lydia were right, but Shannon always expects to be in charge of the emotional temperature in the room. When she’s upset, the temperature rises. When someone else gets upset, they’re picking on her. When she wants to keep talking about something, you have to keep doing it. When she’s done talking about something, everyone has to be done. I always feel like in Shannon’s world there’s no room for anyone else to feel anything. It’s always about how she feels.  And nothing is ever her fault. 

On 12/7/2018 at 5:25 PM, FozzyBear said:

sometimes I struggle to pin down what it is about Shannon that rubs me the wrong way. The dinner conversation reminded me. I don’t think Peggy or Lydia were right, but Shannon always expects to be in charge of the emotional temperature in the room. When she’s upset, the temperature rises. When someone else gets upset, they’re picking on her. When she wants to keep talking about something, you have to keep doing it. When she’s done talking about something, everyone has to be done. I always feel like in Shannon’s world there’s no room for anyone else to feel anything. It’s always about how she feels.  And nothing is ever her fault. 

You described my sister to a T! If she is excited about something, not only does everyone have to be in a good mood no matter what's going on in their lives, but they have to be excited about the game even if they don't care about sports; they have to be jumping up and down at concerts or else they'r not having a good time; they have to be on the dance floor at a party even if they're shy. Now when she's in a bad mood, which is often, oh my. No one can be happy or have a good time, and it doesn't matter if she ruins someone's birthday, a holiday, she won't keep it together. She always sets the tone because it is always about her feelings. I love my sister, but I have wondered if she is a narcissist. 

On 10/17/2017 at 9:06 AM, amola said:

Although I loathe the doctor scenes with Vicki, I loved when she said that she never wanted Michael or Brianna to get the call saying she had died. Hate to break it to you Vicks but we are all going to die. She also continues to say, "My mom was healthy".  Her mom had a-fib for many years and was 83! Give me a break -- that's probably not the picture of health.  As someone whose mother died, much, much younger than Vicki's from complications from genetic a-fib, I sort of always knew that my mom would not live to a ripe old age. Losing a parent is tough but Vicki hardly lost her mom when she was really young or something. 

And this describes my mother! She is always stunned when people pass, no matter how old. "But they were in perfect health!" 

I felt awful when my grandfather died, but he wasn't only over 80, he was sick. My mother was shocked and said she would have spent more time with him on our last trip to visit if she knew it would be the last time. She expects everyone to live to 110 or something. I know losing someone you love is traumatic, but losing an elderly loved one isn't shocking the way it is losing someone young. I think that's where her own son came from last the previous season, but some people took it at as being dismissive of Vicki's pain.

• Useful 2