Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Yup and Serena is getting a long farewell, a throwaway character. Whereas Sonny is a legacy character with a child on the show is getting nothing...Tomsell did not really invest in his character at all..Tomsell wrote Sonny's exit and not Higley and company...I do have a feeling that Sonny does come back under Higley...

Edited by Apprentice79

Yup and Serena is getting a long farewell, a throwaway character. Whereas Sonny is a legacy character with a child on the show is getting nothing...Tomsell did not really invest in his character at all..Tomsell wrote Sonny's exit and not Higley and company...I do have a feeling that Sonny does come back under Higley...

Jackson Kiriakis has been on the canvas for 4 years. He was never spoken of for nearly two decades.  He was born off-screen.  We wouldn't have ever even known a thing about him had not his birth been used to prop Jack and Jennifer (by Adrienne honoring her newly found sibling and having her hubby make a phone call to Salem to announce the news).  A legacy?  By that measure, nearly every single character related to any other would be a "legacy".  Freddie obviously wants to pursue other things. He's a decent actor who was given poorly-executed material for most of his run.  Most supercouples collapse when one role is recast, and Freddie was definitely affected by that syndrome.  At some point, the Nerium pyramid marketing scheme will likely collapse and DOOL will welcome Freddie back.

I definitely agree about Serena's longggggoodbye.  On some level, I just wish a random dayplayer character would walk up to exiting castmember, hand them an envelope, and ask them to mail a letter.  

Jackson Stephen Kiriakis a.k.a Sonny is a legacy character, he was also named after Steve, just like any character that is born from legacy characters...Why do you assume Nerium will collapse?  

Edited by Apprentice79

So Sonny's gone in less than a week? Wow, his exit is gonna be terrrible.

He's been front burner for like 2 yrs and all the sudden gone. What his exit story again? He gets fed up with both his lousy love interests and says bye to Salem for a while?

• Love 1

So Sonny's gone in less than a week?  Wow, his exit is gonna be terrrible.

I know, it is way too fast! There is hardly any build up to it. What so, it literally looks like Sonny will find out that Will was scheming to set up Paul and Derick to keep Paul away from Sonny. Then he runs to Paul, something happens between them - do they kiss? Do they have sex? Maybe a kiss at least. So, Sonny is now confused, maybe Paul even rejects him, and then the next day Sonny decides that he needs time apart and leaves. Probably decides to visit one of his brothers again. So, he will just leave Arianna behind? What a abrupt exit., and out of character. They could have build his exit up months ago. It infuriates me, the writing of Sonny's character in the past few months has been so bad. He was such a refreshing character when he was re-introduced as a young adult. Ugh.

• Love 3

I don't know.. FS did say in an interview he thought his exit was bizzare, I think I read somewhere too that they did a reshoot but it was probably just a rumour? Because I can not imagine his exit not being strange, we only have 3 more episodes of Sonny and there has been no build up. And I am pretty sure they are not going to kill him...

Edited by Ruby Red

Apparently, SOD has an exit interview with Freddie Smith that reveals Sonny moves to Europe to work for Victor.  He hints that Sonny may visit, but it also sounds like Freddie Smith is focused on other projects.

Apparently, SOD has an exit interview with Freddie Smith that reveals Sonny moves to Europe to work for Victor.

Oh, for fucks sake. So Sonny will abandon his business and family for a job in "Europe"?! Will he mow grass on Abby's Irish land holdings? So stupid.

• Love 4

Wow! Tomsell is going to have Sonny abandon Ari like that...They obviously did not know what they are doing...How can Sonny come back from this? This is awful...How can Sonny do that? Poor Ari. Will and Gabi have always given Sonny an important role in Ari's life, he is her daddy too...I feel incredibly sad that Sonny was destroyed. Will was destroyed. And their love was retconned and made less.  I feel like the Sonny Kiriakis I knew & loved, left long time ago. He has checked out of his marriage..He is a shell of his former awesome self..I won’t defend Will cheating on him with Paul (I refuse to acknowledge the LA thing). Tomsell were just awful.

Hopefully, one day Wilson will be revisited under better writers and made whole, but right now they are broken beyond repair. I feel like I was reliving the destruction of my favorite couple on the show from years past..Jack and Jennifer..I don't think I will ever get over what the show did to Jack &Jennifer individually and their love story..It is in the same vein that I am saying goodbye to Wilson...My favorite Jack and Jennifer scene was when they made love for the first time in that cave and I juxtaposed that with Wilson being declared husbands  for life  at their wedding by Marlena..That is how I will choose to remember both couples and not the hatchet job that Ken Corday orchestrated  on them for his own ego...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Wow! Tomsell is going to have Sonny abandon Ari like that...They obviously did not know what they are doing...How can Sonny come back from this? This is awful...How can Sonny do that?

...you're being a little dramatic.  Again, Sonny is far from the first character who moves to Europe for a job when the actor/character leaves the show.  As long as you give him a goodbye scene with Ari and drop in mentions that he's Skype-ing her or whatever, it's not that character destroying.

• Love 2

...you're being a little dramatic. Again, Sonny is far from the first character who moves to Europe for a job when the actor/character leaves the show. As long as you give him a goodbye scene with Ari and drop in mentions that he's Skype-ing her or whatever, it's not that character destroying.

Indeed! And also, while Sonny may be a father figure for Ariana, he is ultimately her step-father. If this were real life, nobody would expect him to have any responsibilities over Ari. Ari has Will and I suppose Gabi when she comes out of prison. She also has a big support system already, a big family. She also is still a toddler, if Sonny would leave and never speak to her again, she would hardly remember him when she is older. And she would not even hate him because he does not have to be there for her. When it comes to Ari, Will is the one who caries all the responsibility, for Sonny it is a choice that none would even ask him to make.

• Love 1

I think it's an oversimplification to say that if this were real life, no one would expect Sonny to have any responsibility for Ari. I don't think I agree. She's not his child biologically, but he's clearly more than a father figure, and, I would argue, something more than just her stepfather. The spoiler doesn't indicate that Sonny is divorcing the useless Will (though I suppose it's possible). It doesn't sound to me like they're ceasing to be a family. (If gay families include two dads, then it's not really a complete answer to say that only one has the true responsibility for a child; that strikes me as an old way of thinking about what constitutes a family.) It is clear that Sonny loves Ari and she loves him.

I think it is out of character for Sonny, and lazy writing, for Sonny just to take a job in "Europe" (which is still a whole continent) and disappear. No, he isn't the first character to do so, but that just makes it a cliché, rather than interesting, or well written.

• Love 1

Perhaps,  I am being dramatic because of Ken Corday's constant need to destroy couples for no damn reason...Lumi, Jack and Jennifer and recently Wilson are the most egregious examples that comes to mind... I don't buy for a moment that Sonny would just up and leave Arianna. I can buy that he would leave Will, given the writers' assassination of Will's character over the last months, but there's no way Sonny would leave his daughter after making a promise not to..It is just like When Jack abandoned Jennifer and Abigail, when Abigail had leukemia because he felt guilty. It was bullshit because Jack would never have done that...He was totally devoted to that little girl, not to mention the real Jennifer Rose Horton and not the awful version that we have now, that became Daniel's plaything....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

It is clear that Sonny loves Ari and she loves him. I think it is out of character for Sonny, and lazy writing, for Sonny just to take a job in "Europe" (which is still a whole continent) and disappear. No, he isn't the first character to do so, but that just makes it a cliché, rather than interesting, or well written.

But Freddie Smith is leaving the show.  What are the other options?  Killing the character?  Having him divorce Will, but have off-screen play dates with Ari?

That said, I definitely don't think leaving Will means Sonny has to sever his relationship with Ari.  She's his daughter and he's her father in all the ways that count.  And like I said earlier, as long as they give them a good-bye scene and there's occasional mentions to Sonny Skype-ing her, I don't think it's character ruining.  It's just soaps.

Edited by TeeVee329

Yeah, I just mean that Sonny has no legal obligation to Air nor biologically, so none can really say he is neglecting his daughter. It does not make him less of a father though, because he clearly does love Ari like she is his daughter. He chooses to be her father rather than it being an obligation that he has to play that role. I do agree that Sonny did made that promise that he wanted to be there for Ari and it is better to live up to that promise rather than not for Ariana, she needs stability and that is important for any child rather than people walking and out of her life.. But it's still quite early in Ari's life that he could disappear  and she would not be bothered by it, you know?  I do agree that it is OOC for Sonny to do so, but I would rather have Sonny leave with the chance to come back than killing him off. Even if it is such a  lousy and abrupt exit.

That said, I definitely don't think divorcing Will means Sonny has to sever his relationship with Ari.  And like I said earlier, as long as they give them a good-bye scene and there's occasional mentions to Sonny Skype-ing her, I don't think it's character ruining.  It's just soaps.

I agree.

I just find it overdramatic when people call Sonny a lousy father.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Likely Will will just get papers in the mail a few months from now asking for a divorce.  That's fine, I can't stand this going on any longer.  I'm just sad it is Sonny leaving.  Remember when Will went to CA last year and we hoped someone else would come back?  He can still be Daddy Sonny like just like Mommy Nicole.

• Love 2
overdramatic
I want to cry at how WilSon was ruined. I know I'm being over dramatic but I don't care. This was a beautifully written story from the get-go and it was just gutted by lazy writing because of a recast. 

I don't think that it's true to Sonny's character for him to leave Ari. I just don't. He's invested in this family. 

• Love 2

I'd be okay with a goodbye scene and references to Skyping (Skype-ing?) with Ari G. It's the idea that he would simply abandon her that I find out of character. I agree that the options are limited once an actor leaves a role; I'd be overjoyed if Sonny has lines in such a goodbye scene that made explicit reference to his saying earlier to Ari that he wasn't going to leave for such a long time anymore.

But I'm not that lucky.

I think it's an oversimplification to say that if this were real life, no one would expect Sonny to have any responsibility for Ari. I don't think I agree. She's not his child biologically, but he's clearly more than a father figure, and, I would argue, something more than just her stepfather. The spoiler doesn't indicate that Sonny is divorcing the useless Will (though I suppose it's possible). It doesn't sound to me like they're ceasing to be a family. (If gay families include two dads, then it's not really a complete answer to say that only one has the true responsibility for a child; that strikes me as an old way of thinking about what constitutes a family.) It is clear that Sonny loves Ari and she loves him. I think it is out of character for Sonny, and lazy writing, for Sonny just to take a job in "Europe" (which is still a whole continent) and disappear. No, he isn't the first character to do so, but that just makes it a cliché, rather than interesting, or well written.

The one thing that Days of our lives has always done consistently well, is to show that family is not just biological..Marlena and Carrie have always had a strong Mother/daughter bond despite Anna being Carrie's mom and that fueled Sami's jealousy of her. Anna and Carrie have never had a real relationship .John and Carrie remained very close, even after it was revealed that he was not Roman...John and Carrie were very close, when she used to help him take care of the twins. I always felt that Carrie should have named her first son after John and not Sami...Victor and Bo have never had a close relationship even  after the paternity reveal. Bo has always maintained that Shawn Brady was his one and only dad to the annoyance of Victor...Bo and Hope maintained contact with JT, after he was revealed to have been switched with Zack their biological son by Stefano..Ditto for Lexie who was devastated by Zack's death, who raised him as her son, for the first few months of his life, when she was Evil Lexie...The Brady family still loved Grace like she was one of their own, even after it was revealed that she was switched and that Sydney was Sami's daughter. Will named his daughter after her. Will and Austin still remained close all his life, to the point that the show had to explain Austin and Carrie's absence at the Wilson wedding...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Yes, she has been replaced by another writer that is on loan from the Young&the restless that has a history with the show...I  was so sure that Higley would force Griffith out with Corday's support, due to  a behind the scenes struggle for dominance..Higley by herself is a scary thought and it doesn't take much for her to go off the rails...I am still traumatized with what she did to Jessica Buchanan on One Life to Live....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Freddie Smith, in an interview with SOD, says that he has several movies in pre-production, and confirmed that Sonny will be going to Europe to work for Victor.

The last paragraph of the interview says:

As for Sonny's new job, it doesn't mean that he has left Salem permanently.  Smith teases, "I'll be back."

SOD also talks about the upcoming serial killer plot.  It says that one major character will be killed which will shake a core family.  It says that the set has been locked down so that even family members of the cast have not been allowed on the set, and the actors have been sworn to secrecy.  The storyline will run until well into the new year, although the identity of the serial killer will be known to the viewers before the resolution of the story.

• Love 2

The real issue with SORAS'd Theo is how well they portray his autism.

Sadly, I expect to see a scene between Abe and Kayla at the Nurses Station one day soon:

Abe:  Theo has really been progressing with those new therapies

Kayla: Y'know, Abe, don't get your hopes up too high. Theo is likely  to have challenges his whole life

Abe: I know, I know. Lexie always drilled that into my brain, yet Dr X has been so impressed.

Kayla: I saw some of those treatment reports. Theo has made significant improvements.

Abe: Dr X wants to accelerate the therapies and try some additional techniques. 

Kayla:  Your love and support is all Theo needs

Abe: Lexie would be so proud of our miracle son.

Two days later, teen Theo is on the scene.....and his spectrum issue is never mentioned again.

• Love 4

SOD also talks about the upcoming serial killer plot.  It says that one major character will be killed which will shake a core family.  It says that the set has been locked down so that even family members of the cast have not been allowed on the set, and the actors have been sworn to secrecy.  The storyline will run until well into the new year, although the identity of the serial killer will be known to the viewers before the resolution of the story.

If it isn't Abigail, I'll really be disappointed.

• Love 1

SOD has the exciting spoiler that John is tracking down his parentage and its something important he wants to do for his kids, especially Paul. Unfortunately, he makes a mistake by not letting Marlena know his secret. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mar handles this surprise and seeing John find his roots.

• Love 2

How many times have they gone down that road? The show keeps retconning his parentage...They finally settled that he was a Brady with that Santeen storyline, but they retcon it to make Theresa and Brady be able to date...It was better when he was an Alamain..I liked his dynamic with Vivian....

• Love 3

SOD has the exciting spoiler that John is tracking down his parentage and its something important he wants to do for his kids, especially Paul. Unfortunately, he makes a mistake by not letting Marlena know his secret. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mar handles this surprise and seeing John find his roots.

Is anyone supposed to care about this? 

• Love 7

Is anyone supposed to care about this? 

It would be better if it was about Marlena..She seems to no longer drive story...The show should do a story about her missing years or how about the return of Orpheus children to torment her..She did abandon them after she was rescued from Orpheus..Perhaps they hold a grudge stemming from that. It would be much better having to suffer watching John finding his roots again...It is played out...Higley seems to have a hard on for his backstory...

• Love 1

My money's on Bo. We know Peter Reckell is returning, and he apparently did a tweet about being an ultimate hero, and spoilers seem to have Rafe back in Hope's orbit, which tells me there will be no Bo/Hope reunion. I'm guessing PR had no interest in staying.

Sad. It should be Daniel. Or Abigail.

• Love 4