Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 7/22/2017 at 9:53 PM, Bwill3133 said:

I think Dario worked as a gray character. Going full on villain is sudden but that's Days lately. And Jordi is right about Dario suddenly being in love with Abigail. Having feelings for her was one thing which could have been explored but he jumped right into "love," which to me killed the whole story. I'm sorry to see a non-Brady and non-Horton man go. 

Wasted opportunity with Jordi, imo. I would have MUCH preferred a Dario/Nicole pairing. They were friends when he first came back and that could have worked. I hated the jumping into being in love with Abigail. 1st: Gross. 2nd: It didn't come off as love. It came off as obsession and creepy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Wasted opportunity with Jordi, imo. I would have MUCH preferred a Dario/Nicole pairing. They were friends when he first came back and that could have worked. I hated the jumping into being in love with Abigail. 1st: Gross. 2nd: It didn't come off as love. It came off as obsession and creepy.

Jordi should have been Alexander Neil Kiriakis. His presence is needed and he should challenge Philip for the Kiriakis empire..

• Love 5

I didn't really care what they did with Dario romantically, but I think it was a missed opportunity not to position him more against Rafe as a cop, and developing that brotherly conflict.  But they brought on so many Hernandezes around the same time, maybe there just wasn't enough focus for that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jordi should have been Alexander Neil Kiriakis. His presence is needed and he should challenge Philip for the Kiriakis empire..

No way Jordi Vilasuso could pull off being Wally Kurth's son.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

No way Jordi Vilasuso could pull off being Wally Kurth's son.

True, but, we have had worst on the show. Lisa Rinna before messing with her face could pass for Lauren's daughter as Billie..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

When we first "met" Dario in LA, I saw instant chemistry between him and Nicole. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree. I can get around him not "looking like" Wally. Jordi can act. There was a ton to cull there with Alex/Adrienne/Sonny, etc... Wasted opportunity on Dena's Hernandi obsession.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

When we first "met" Dario in LA, I saw instant chemistry between him and Nicole. 

That. I thought they might use him to get Nicole "over" Daniel but alas, Dena is also obsessed with Shawn.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm not talking about how they look, I"m talking about the ages.

To be fair, to bring this sort of full circle, Wally Kurth and Jane Elliot played lovers here on Days...and ended up as mother/son on GH. So age in soaps is very fluid.

• Love 4

Week of August 7

Monday August 7:

Joey puts himself in harm’s way to save Kayla.

Brady interrogates Victor, who finally comes clean.

Tuesday August 8:

"Marlena" breaks up with John.

Wednesday August 9:

Hattie breaks Bonnie out of Statesville.

Thursday August 10:

Chad and Abigail's reunion takes a surprising turn.

Friday August 11:

Marlena wakes to find herself trapped.

• Love 1

At least stuff seems to be happening, even if I'm not particularly interested in any of it.

It will be so nice not to have to hear about Ava again or Daniel. Those two have hung like a cloud over the show for years now.

Think Joe we will go to jail? I suspect the show will try to prevent it so they don't have to deal with the ramifications of yet another supposedly good character having done time in prison.

• Love 1

More on Aug 7

Monday, August 7, 2017
Sonny is stunned by Paul's news. 

Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Nicole makes a risky move to be near Holly. 

Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Steve/Kayla clash over the situation with Tripp & Joey. 

Thursday, August 10, 2017
Lani is put in a tough position at work. 

Friday, August 11, 2017 
Bonnie breaks Lucas's heart.

Brady breaks into Eric's room & makes a shocking discovery. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I gotta say, I'm not really down for all this doppelgänger business. I hope it's not all horrible.

Also, I'll admit I don't care if Lucas gets his heart broken. More often than not, I root against the little fella. Which, I realize is kind of unfair, because I've never really held all the shady crap Sami has pulled over the years against her. 

I sincerely hope Eric and Nicole tear the sheets up one more time at some point, and I hope Brady gets an eyeful of it. 

Edited by Rowan
Grammar
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Also, I'll admit I don't care if Lucas gets his heart broken. More often than not, I root against the little fella. Which, I realize is kind of unfair, because I've never really held all the shady crap Sami has pulled over the years against her.

It is a little unfair.  Lucas hasn't pulled half the crap Sami has.  And a lot of it was under Kate's influence, anyway.

1 minute ago, tribeca said:

Why would Bonnie break Lucas heart?   Shouldn't she just stay away from Justin?

Perhaps Anjelica's trying to ruin Adrienne's chances with both men and leave her especially miserable.

49 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Why would Bonnie break Lucas heart?   Shouldn't she just stay away from Justin?

I don't know, I guess I just don't see Lucas and Adrienne going the distance in this. Yes, you would think it would fit Angelica's agenda to keep those two tight, but somehow I feel like Lucas is going to get the short end somehow when it all shakes out. Like, when Angelica's grand scheme comes crashing down all around her, it will have pushed Justin and Adrienne back together. 

Maybe my radar is off on this one, but, to me, Angelica is a blast from their past, their obstacle to overcome and reconnect. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

It is a little unfair.  Lucas hasn't pulled half the crap Sami has.  And a lot of it was under Kate's influence, anyway.

Perhaps Anjelica's trying to ruin Adrienne's chances with both men and leave her especially miserable.

I'm sure she'd love for Adrienne to be left heartbroken and completely alone. 

• Love 2

Last of Aug 7

Monday, August 7, 2017
Gabi makes a difficult decision regarding Chad. 

Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Anjelica lures Adrienne into a trap. 

Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Justin makes a confession to Sonny. 

Thursday, August 10, 2017
Tripp secretly decides to skip town. 

Anjelica meets with Bonnie for the first time & explains her first order of business. 

Friday, August 11, 2017 
Chad & Sonny compare notes about the night of Deimos’ murder. 

• Love 3

Well, Chad and Gabi are obviously finito.  Can't say I'm surprised or upset about that.

I guess Anjelica makes the Adrienne/Bonnie switch.

It's obvious to me that Justin is going to admit that he still loves Adrienne.

Is Tripp leaving for good?  Haven't heard about the actor leaving.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Tripp is staying around, fear not.

I figure Justin might admit to killing Deimos.

Bummed about Chad/Gabi. I dont really care but Ron's just fizzling them out it seems. 

If this is how it ends for them, then I'm pleased. Sure, Chad's kind of douchebag lately, but I'm glad that the ladies will seem to get out of this with their character's integrity still intact. No one schemed or had a cat fight, which I'm not always against mind you, but Gabi and Abby were friends and, in their most recent pasts, mostly good people. I lived in fear for a while that one of them was going to take the low road.

I'm hoping that we get a JJ/Gabi do-over. Though I've not read anything that seems to indicate that might happening. 

• Love 3

I liked them together too but frankly I kind of hope JJ is wary of her. She really did dump him because she was into Chad, more than anything else.

Maybe Gabi will just focus on her career and cool her jets for a bit (unlikely).

I need more Anne spoilers. How does she gets mixed up with the Bonnie/Hattie/Angelica insanity?

• Love 1

I'm also glad it seems like this Gabi/Chad/Abby triangle will end without desperation and scheming. I would love a JJ/Gabi do-over too since I missed them the first time around and they had chemistry together at the Martin House party thing.

I don't have faith that will happen though. At least not based on what I've seen so far.

• Love 1

Lani and JJ are over though right? Or practically over? It could happen. I think JJ and Gabi will get there again.

I'm curious to see how I feel about Jack and Jennifer, if they do bring him back. I saw very little of them in the past - and also was always irritated by Jack, who seemed frenetic and had zero chemistry with Missy - so this will be my first turn with them. Hope I don't hate them together... IF it happens...

Edited by DisneyBoy
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lani and JJ are over though right? Or practically over? It could happen. I think JJ and Gabi will get there again.

I'm curious to see how I feel about Jack and Jennifer, if they do bring him back. I saw very little of them in the past - and also was always irritated by Jack, who seemed frenetic and had zero chemistry with Missy - so this will be my first turn with them. Hope I don't hate them together... IF it happens...

Zero chemistry with Missy? They were a supercouple.   The last one that we officially had.  Jack and Jennifer were awesome.  I think that they were a wonderful accident, Jennifer was tied to Frankie and the show was going to put them back together, until Jack brought the Spectator to hurt people and Jennifer went to work for him and the rest is history..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Didn't Lani and JJ finally "seal the deal" like a week or two ago? That's why I was thinking JJ/Gabi might be iffy, now. 

I adored Jack and Jennifer in their heyday. That loved story saved his character. But, when he returned this last time, I felt MR was more invested in the Jenn/Dan thing. Nothing she she said, just what I felt come across onscreen. If it happens that he ever returns somehow, I don't want wacky Jack that I felt we got in the later years. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I actually always thought Jack was gay...or read as gay.

Funny you say that.  There was an overly corny, over-the-top story when he pretended to be just that to fend off the advances of a woman he didn't want.

3 hours ago, Rowan said:

Didn't Lani and JJ finally "seal the deal" like a week or two ago? That's why I was thinking JJ/Gabi might be iffy, now.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them in afterglow in an episode past and I'm inclined to agree with you.

So is Dario gone now? I skimmed yesterday's ep so I'm not clear on it but saw him at the beginning and not at the end. If so that's the quickest announcement to last day I've seen on this show in awhile.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 2:20 PM, Rowan said:

I adored Jack and Jennifer in their heyday. That loved story saved his character. But, when he returned this last time, I felt MR was more invested in the Jenn/Dan thing. Nothing she she said, just what I felt come across onscreen. If it happens that he ever returns somehow, I don't want wacky Jack that I felt we got in the later years. 

Gabi and Chad sealed the deal but it does not matter.  Could be the same in regards to JJ and Lani.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Gabi and Chad sealed the deal but it does not matter.  Could be the same in regards to JJ and Lani.

True. AND, they had that little scene today where Jenn is telling JJ how good Lani is for him and then on cue Gabi walks right up to them. Could've just been coincidental, but then again maybe not.  

• Love 2

What was her last storyline? And did she ever finally get with her long-suffering manservant Yvon?

Rumor has it Tyler Christopher is playing either Vivian's son or EJ. I deeply hope it's her son. EJ just can't be recast. It wouldn't work. 

Random thought: it would have been a great way to reintroduce the character if we learned that Philip returned and murdered Deimos...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

What was her last storyline? And did she ever finally get with her long-suffering manservant Yvon?

All I remember is that she had a lot of insufferable story with Melanie, and then they tried to repeat the buried alive story with her/Brady/Maggie.

I'm surprised Louise Sorel agreed to come back again, IIRC she was upset with her firing last time.  The casting still feels very much like the same old merry go round to me, but Days has played so many of these cards in recent years, the impact just isn't there for me this time.  I hope the writing tightens up.

6 hours ago, lska said:

All I remember is that she had a lot of insufferable story with Melanie, and then they tried to repeat the buried alive story with her/Brady/Maggie.

I'm surprised Louise Sorel agreed to come back again, IIRC she was upset with her firing last time.  The casting still feels very much like the same old merry go round to me, but Days has played so many of these cards in recent years, the impact just isn't there for me this time.  I hope the writing tightens up.

That's why I think one of many of the shows biggest mistakes was getting rid of Orpheus. The show is in desperate need of a viable villain.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rumor has it Tyler Christopher is playing either Vivian's son or EJ. I deeply hope it's her son. EJ just can't be recast. It wouldn't work. 

Doesn't Carly have a son with Vivian's...nephew?  That was my first thought.

nm

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Doesn't Carly have a son with Vivian's...nephew?  That was my first thought.

Yeah, Nicholas is Carly's son and Melanie's half brother, and he's supposedly in Europe with the three of them.

Edited by Silver Raven