Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, Linsey Godfrey's face when Sarah accidentally says Eric's name in bed with Rex is classic.  The writing for Sarah has been bouncing around too much, but Godfrey is just such a pro, she's always energized and bringing it.

Oh, I will gladly take Queen Gabi's revenge wedding to Stefan O. over Rafe's dead body!  That's a win-win, y'all! 

I like LG I wish she had been a Stephanie Johnson recast instead of Sarah but god forbid Kayla have her own kids on the show. 

She does bring energy in her scenes which I appreciate the writing sucks for her(and everyone else).

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, nilyank said:

With the retcon that Stefano had vanished Tony to a Pacific Island for over two decades, it was really Andre pretending to be Tony that married Kristen.

See? I told you I could never keep this crap straight!

• LOL 3
On 7/25/2019 at 9:37 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Or maybe Ted and Tony kill Kristen? At this point, I know that is what I am hoping for! (Sorry, @DisneyBoy!) But yeah, probably your idea comes to pass.

No offense taken Wendy - as you know, I don't consider this Kristen.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sarah doesn't blurt Eric's name in the aftermath of her lovemaking with his brother, does she? Talk about major blunder. 

Eric should get into wrestling business instead of clergy.

LG tends to do best when matched with seasoned actors. So maybe TPTBs can move Henry to Sarah's orbit and let him ask her out on a date. He's a very decent guy who deserves better than being Jennifer's insurance policy.  People might ask what about Xarah? And this is where I disagree with them. I don't see Sarah as a commodity exclusively owned by Xander. I don't trust TPTBs in handling of good girl/bad boy storyline. I don't want to see Sarah become another Caira in order to be with Xander. 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Sarah doesn't blurt Eric's name in the aftermath of her lovemaking with his brother, does she? Talk about major blunder. 

Eric should get into wrestling business instead of clergy.

LG tends to do best when matched with seasoned actors. So maybe TPTBs can move Henry to Sarah's orbit and let him ask her out on a date. He's a very decent guy who deserves better than being Jennifer's insurance policy.  People might ask what about Xarah? And this is where I disagree with them. I don't see Sarah as a commodity exclusively owned by Xander. I don't trust TPTBs in handling of good girl/bad boy storyline. I don't want to see Sarah become another Caira in order to be with Xander. 

That's a good point but honestly its more about Xander than Sarah to me. This show has a way of emasculating edgy male characters after a while usually when they get paired with someone. Xander will be next. Xander works best the way he is the longer he stays the worse it will get for him because he'll have to "reform".

Ben has been neutered from his SK persona which was the only interesting thing about him.

JJ was once a promising character smoking pot, tormenting Dannifer, and banging his GF's mom and if you watched him today you would never guess he used to do these awesome things.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not being an asshole/bad boy is not the same thing as being emasculated.

And soaps have plenty of terrible people.  Doing bad things doesn't make people good characters.  It might make them interesting for a while because they push story but eventually the shallowness of motive comes through and they suffer from the same amount of one-notedness that many good characters do.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

Exactly.  I love JJ just the way he is.  And the way he was.  It's been a consistent pleasure to watch him mature, an uncommon sight on Days anymore.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And soaps have plenty of terrible people.  Doing bad things doesn't make people good characters.  It might make them interesting for a while because they push story but eventually the shallowness of motive comes through and they suffer from the same amount of one-notedness that many good characters do.

It is when they don't write anything else for these characters. Once upon a time characters could grow evolve and still be interesting because they were given different motivations but still retain their edge. Bo and Steve come to mind same with Jack back in the day. 

That's not the case in today's soap. I mean hell look at Ben. He was compelling as a psycho but having others in Salem not named Eve and JJ be accepting and cool with him at this point takes away what made him compelling in the first place. He's reverted back to the character he was before he went psycho. 

JJ has no edge, personality etc as before ever since they reformed him. I mean what story does he have? Rescuing Haley before that he was the shoulder for his exes and female relatives to cry on that's not great either. He's has no pulse or energy to him whatsoever.  The JJ of yore wouldn't have let Haley jerk him around marrying Tripp he would've banged someone else by now. He's now been reduced to pathetic sapdom I can come up with a ton of other storylines for him but the show can't beyond this one. That's a problem.

Xander will sadly have that same fate because soaps for some strange reason don't think a character can be good and have an edge/personality at the same time.  Bad characters get all the fun, brains etc. the nice guys are dumb and losers. 

I don't find anything compelling about the characters or the storylines on this show but at least if a character is bad it provides some level of entertainment than watching Eric be a sad sack over Sarah/Nicole, Ben be all schmoopy with Ciara and have nothing else going on, etc.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It is when they don't write anything else for these characters. Once upon a time characters could grow evolve and still be interesting because they were given different motivations but still retain their edge.

Edge and masculinity aren't synonyms.  I was specifically responding to your assertion that, because JJ wasn't a troublemaker any longer, he was emasculated.

Has he lost a bit of his edge?  Maybe but I'm find with that as Casey Moss is an actor who can hold the screen as a good guy rather than disappearing into blandsville as can often happen with good guys.  And as characters go, his past isn't so terrible that his reform is a difficult pill to swallow, like having to try and forget someone murdered several people just for the heck of it.

His story with Haley right now is pretty awful but I don't think he is. And he's still manly.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Edge and masculinity aren't synonyms.  I was specifically responding to your assertion that, because JJ wasn't a troublemaker any longer, he was emasculated.

Has he lost a bit of his edge?  Maybe but I'm find with that as Casey Moss is an actor who can hold the screen as a good guy rather than disappearing into blandsville as can often happen with good guys.  And as characters go, his past isn't so terrible that his reform is a difficult pill to swallow, like having to try and forget someone murdered several people just for the heck of it.

His story with Haley right now is pretty awful but I don't think he is. And he's still manly.

He is because that's how reformed characters are written these days its as if good characters don't have limits or personality. I mean take his dad Jack he had a great redemption story it took years and when he was redeemed ( at least during J&J's first run) he still did shady things(like tell Jo to fake being mentally ill to get away with killing Nick Corelli)  just wasn't a rapist and loved only one woman now.  Now they just tell you a character is redeemed and take away everything that made them appealing and interesting in the first place.

A bit of edge? He has no edge at all. CM makes JJ a much better character than how he's actually written its a shame the writing doesn't match his talent/screen presence. JJ should be so much more and he's not makes me sad. 

Except now most people find JJ boring and a simp these days so yeah a lot of people do think he's a nice guy loser. I mean really his character is a total doormat these days. I mean a guy with a spine would've told Haley to get lost after she married his cousin who was dating his other cousin. Especially when she could've fixed her own problems by applying for a green card to begin with. Before that he was stuck in Lani hell with that lame baby storyline and doesn't even hate her over it. The only chicks he seems to hate are Gabi (who he barely interacts with anymore) and Eve(who I wish he interacted with more).

He's in his 20s he should be a lot messier than he is instead they made him so earnest with nothing else going for him. Casey Moss is too talented an actor to be stuck playing a Pollyanna JJ should always be a shady individual who gets into messy situations but underneath has moments of decency like how he was before they decided to neuter him.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

He is because that's how reformed characters are written these days its as if good characters don't have limits or personality. I mean take his dad Jack he had a great redemption story it took years and when he was redeemed ( at least during J&J's first run) he still did shady things(like tell Jo to fake being mentally ill to get away with killing Nick Corelli)  just wasn't a rapist and loved only one woman now.  Now they just tell you a character is redeemed and take away everything that made them appealing and interesting in the first place.

A bit of edge? He has no edge at all. CM makes JJ a much better character than how he's actually written its a shame the writing doesn't match his talent/screen presence. JJ should be so much more and he's not makes me sad. 

Except now most people find JJ boring and a simp these days so yeah a lot of people do think he's a nice guy loser. I mean really his character is a total doormat these days. I mean a guy with a spine would've told Haley to get lost after she married his cousin who was dating his other cousin. Especially when she could've fixed her own problems by applying for a green card to begin with. Before that he was stuck in Lani hell with that lame baby storyline and doesn't even hate her over it. The only chicks he seems to hate are Gabi (who he barely interacts with anymore) and Eve(who I wish he interacted with more).

He's in his 20s he should be a lot messier than he is instead they made him so earnest with nothing else going for him. Casey Moss is too talented an actor to be stuck playing a Pollyanna JJ should always be a shady individual who gets into messy situations but underneath has moments of decency like how he was before they decided to neuter him.

I’m afraid the same thing is going to happen to Xander. In order to pair him with Sarah, they are going to take away his edge.

I miss the days of complex characters. Now everybody neatly fits into boxes.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m afraid the same thing is going to happen to Xander. In order to pair him with Sarah, they are going to take away his edge.

I miss the days of complex characters. Now everybody neatly fits into boxes.

Exactly! And its his edge to match her fire that makes Xander/Sarah's dynamic compelling to watch in the first place. Its okay to have characters retain their original personalities and still be paired its why Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope, Jack/Jennifer worked because those differences made those pairings. However that's too original for today's soap. One of them as to be neutered to make the pairing work and it doesn't have to be that way it wasn't always that way either.

Now everything is interchangeable and generic and they wonder why soaps are on life support. 

Which is why bad characters should stay bad soaps have zero interest in writing complex individuals and I have no interest in watching a character lose what made them interesting to begin with.

(edited)
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Totally agree with boes and Irlandesa re: JJ...and would just like to add that he doesn't have "bang" another girl or be a "lot messier" to be interesting.

Yes he does because what does he have going for him at this point character wise?

Not a damn thing because all you have is an earnest doormat who's stuck in these lame social justice issue stories.

Once upon a time you could write nice interesting characters on a soap but soaps don't care about those characters anymore because being nice isn't considered interesting its all about the villain or bad boy/girl. Nice characters have no personality etc to them at all at least the ones that have existed in recent years.

He's not even a factor in Haley's PTSD storyline(granted that's a good thing at this point) but if I'm supposed to believe JJ/Haley are a couple shouldn't they be there for each other's low points like gasp even Ben/Ciara are. Its like they latched Haley onto JJ not because they're the "love story" but because it gives JJ something to do and Haley has a place on this show by being latched onto the first family of Salem this way. Too bad it doesn't do any favors for either character. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
47 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes he does because what does he have going for him at this point character wise?

I'm bringing this over to the main thread since it's not related to spoilers. 

• Love 1

https://www.thetvwatercooler.com/2019/07/tony-returns-days-of-our-lives-spoilers/

"Tragedy strikes when Ted confronts Tony and Kristen.

Gabi feels guilty for betraying Stefan.

Brady finally gives in to “Nicole’s” advances.

Kate faints when she sees a familiar face.

Rex lashes out at Eric and Sarah.

Anna returns to Salem!"

So once again, under this writing regime, we're diving headfirst into serious consent issues. 😑And that's like twice in a month that Kate will have fainted now...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

https://www.thetvwatercooler.com/2019/07/tony-returns-days-of-our-lives-spoilers/

"Tragedy strikes when Ted confronts Tony and Kristen.

Gabi feels guilty for betraying Stefan.

Brady finally gives in to “Nicole’s” advances.

Kate faints when she sees a familiar face.

Rex lashes out at Eric and Sarah.

Anna returns to Salem!"

So once again, under this writing regime, we're diving headfirst into serious consent issues. 😑And that's like twice in a month that Kate will have fainted now...

Its going to be glossed over like so many others I mean Lucas/Bonnie was played for laughs for cripes sake nobody outside of Chloe to an extent found it gross that Bonnie took advantage of a drunken Lucas who thought he was with Adrienne at the time.

19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Its going to be glossed over like so many others I mean Lucas/Bonnie was played for laughs for cripes sake nobody outside of Chloe to an extent found it gross that Bonnie took advantage of a drunken Lucas who thought he was with Adrienne at the time.

Ron seems to love "rape as a joke". It's gross, whether the victim is male or female.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron seems to love "rape as a joke". It's gross, whether the victim is male or female.

Soaps treat rape as inconsequential especially this one I mean look at EJ/Sami after everything with Alan they paired her with a rapist. 

Then again Sami is a rapist herself and she was paired with Austin after the fact which was gross to me as well.

• Love 1

Someone mentioned they were responding to this subject in the main thread, but for those who don't follow that thread, I'll repeat my reply here:

Once upon a time you could write nice interesting characters on a soap but soaps don't care about those characters anymore because being nice isn't considered interesting its all about the villain or bad boy/girl. Nice characters have no personality etc to them at all at least the ones that have existed in recent years.

Where is it written that soaps don't care about nice characters? Nice characters DO have personality...and fans DO care about them. Case in point, Kayla. She's not a villian, she's not a bad girl, and she's not out "banging" other guys or being "messy". And yet, her fans love her...and many of us DO find her character interesting, especially her relationship with Tripp.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Someone mentioned they were responding to this subject in the main thread, but for those who don't follow that thread, I'll repeat my reply here:

Where is it written that soaps don't care about nice characters? Nice characters DO have personality...and fans DO care about them. Case in point, Kayla. She's not a villian, she's not a bad girl, and she's not out "banging" other guys or being "messy". And yet, her fans love her...and many of us DO find her character interesting, especially her relationship with Tripp.

YES YES YES to your post so true. "Bad" characters bore me quickly - Kristen, for example - but "good" characters like Kayla and JJ are what keep me watching.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, MsTree said:

Its funny you mention Kayla. What exactly is she doing these days?! I mean she has no real storyline they don't care about her beyond Steve(which is baffling considering she's a Brady then again look at Roman)  She's definitely the least damaged of the characters currently on and yet no real purpose beyond being a doctor and a soundboard to everyone else.   She doesn't even have her own kids on the show even Roman who does nothing but serve clam chowder has that. Sad that Caroline's death gave her something to do for a change.  Course Steve will return later this year and I bet they will barely interact if Jack/Jennifer(up until now) and Eric/Nicole are any indication.

The characters of the middle aged women you see as a focal point these days are Kate, Eve, Kristen not exactly nice. However they at least get the fun things to do and not just react and stay in the background like Jennifer and Kayla have. 

Kayla at least was an established character who has past history to fall back on and in her prime had writers that didn't make her one dimensional like they would if she was created this past decade that's different than JJ who we only have seen this past decade he's in his prime now he should be a standout character and he's not. . It makes me sad because he started off so well then they neutered him because you know a Horton can't be bad for a long period of time and a Horton male no less who don't fare well on this show long term. He's an exception. Mike, Lucas, Nick etc can't say the same. I just see JJ as a shady morally grey character not the earnest loser they turned him into today. I find that to be a total waste of CM's talents as an actor considering this show doesn't care for nice guys.

• Love 1

Jar Jar and Dr Dan were “Nice Guys” maybe we should be thankful they aren’t writing for that trope.

Anyways. I’m pretty sure Haley is supposed to be a good girl. And Lani and Eli and Will and Sonny are all “white hat” characters. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Jar Jar and Dr Dan were “Nice Guys” maybe we should be thankful they aren’t writing for that trope.

Anyways. I’m pretty sure Haley is supposed to be a good girl. And Lani and Eli and Will and Sonny are all “white hat” characters. 

Haley is an unlikeable Mary Sue but beyond that she really hasn't done anything nearly as Abby and Daniel have(set people on fire, harass patients etc)

JJ was fine the way he was he could be good and bad yet for some reason they just want to neuter the bad part of him when it was the best part.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Its funny you mention Kayla. What exactly is she doing these days?! I mean she has no real storyline they don't care about her beyond Steve(which is baffling considering she's a Brady then again look at Roman)  She's definitely the least damaged of the characters currently on and yet no real purpose beyond being a doctor and a soundboard to everyone else. 

The same could be said about matriarch, Alice Horton. She was beloved by everyone (including her fans)...and other than baking donuts and a little caper once in a while, fans enjoyed seeing her on their screen.

I think you're missing the point of soaps popularity, especially among many older fans. If we like a character it makes no difference what they're doing, we're just happy to see them. And let's face it, boring as Kayla or Alice might be to some, we all have those women in our lives... and yes, all the Days of Our Lives.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, MsTree said:

The same could be said about matriarch, Alice Horton. She was beloved by everyone (including her fans)...and other than baking donuts and a little caper once in a while, fans enjoyed seeing her on their screen.

I think you're missing the point of soaps popularity, especially among many older fans. If we like a character it makes no difference what they're doing, we're just happy to see them. And let's face it, boring as Kayla or Alice might be to some, we all have those women in our lives... and yes, all the Days of Our Lives.

I don't miss the point at all I grew up watching soaps with my mom but you're ignoring the fact that they were from an era where you had heroines who weren't one dimensional. They were inherently decent and had a personality to go with it.  Plus those characters were considered important back then. Sure they ended up not having their original glory getting older and all but they at least had  that to fall back on. You won't see those type of characters developed today because they are "boring" and "unappealing". Soaps used to care about having a heart and soul(which both characters had in spades) which is lacking now and it shows.

You don't see that with today's "heroine" or "hero" who are written with no personality, edge. The villains get the POV, personality, and more fun stuff to play. The Heroine/Hero are dumbed down, victims etc.   JJ doesn't have that past reputation going for him he's supposed to be developed into a great character now and it never happened for him. Which makes me sad because he had so much potential and as usual the show ruins it.

• Love 3

Spoilers for the week of August 5th

Rex rips into Eric over his feelings for Sarah
Gabi feels guilty for betraying Stefan
Rex lashes out at Eric and Sarah
Gabi refuses to believe Stefan committed Murder
Anna returns to Salem
As Eric and Sarah commit to each other, Rex decides to leave Salem

• Love 3

Ah this storytelling is reminding me of how they had Eli and Lani break up, spend an episode or two apart, reunite and then get engaged in the next ep.  (And did I read spoilers about a pregnancy?)

Rex and Sarah just got married and instead of milking that tension (not that anyone is asking for it) they're going to bust them up right away.  I guess this is what not having a budget to invest will do.  Soap weddings used to be a splurge but since there's no splurge money these days, it's like any old day and they'ree not thinking twice about spending money on something they're going to undo in two days because they're not spending money.  Literally none of the weddings being held recently are bound to last the year. 

• Love 3

The Brady spoiler skeeves me the hell out. I mean, I know. It's typical Ron. But it's RAPE, NOT ROMANCE. But then, this is the show that thought pairing Sami with a rapist was just hunky dory, so...yeah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

OK im really pissed and disgusted now. This Nicole/Kristen story I despise so much that im at the point where I'm barely watching the show. I watch on days when I know it wont be shown or I record it and skip past anything involving it. I hate it so much that its making me dislike AZ (who I've always really liked). But this shit now with Brady? Ugh. And Eric and Sarah can GFO as well. The only silver lining of this shit story is it leading to douche bag Ted leaving.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ah this storytelling is reminding me of how they had Eli and Lani break up, spend an episode or two apart, reunite and then get engaged in the next ep.  (And did I read spoilers about a pregnancy?)

Rex and Sarah just got married and instead of milking that tension (not that anyone is asking for it) they're going to bust them up right away.  I guess this is what not having a budget to invest will do.  Soap weddings used to be a splurge but since there's no splurge money these days, it's like any old day and they'ree not thinking twice about spending money on something they're going to undo in two days because they're not spending money.  Literally none of the weddings being held recently are bound to last the year. 

I don't know why they had them marry when Rex was leaving anyways.

• Love 4

Haha! One of those First Look photos is labeled "Hope becomes a Garbage Collector" LOL

Every now and again, the writers stumble upon a great idea. Xander and Rex getting drunk together, while apparently wearing matching tops, is one of them.

With Ted dying, what the hell was the point of having him and Kate start flirting again? I swear it's like there's some kind of memo in the production offices that dictates all of Kate's relationships with men should go absolutely nowhere.

It'll be nice to see Anna again, and I'm kind of happy for her that she's going to get to have her precious Tony back. I hope they give the actress time to really play out those emotional beats because this has been several years in the making.

Brady is a total moron, and Eric and Sarah are not far behind. I really hope their sex is disappointing LOL. Wouldn't that be awesome? If the show actually permitted two people to have sex and for it to not be some incredible combustible orgasmic experience? Like, after all these months fantasizing and anticipating, they wake up together the next day and exchange disappointed looks and fake smiles and then just mutually agree never to do that again? LOL

So much for Rex and Chloe getting together. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Thanks for the spoilers, QueenSerena.

Look at the bright side, Sarah/Eric getting together means no cough"epitome of love"cough aka the tear-eyed Eric/Nicole for a while. This is a well-deserved reward. Of course it's unfair to Rex but if he isn't too dumb, he'd figure out that his wife and brother has feelings for each other a while ago. 

The idea of the damsel in distress, Caira investigating "Nicole" sounds hilarious. She could barely handle her own life let alone dealing with someone like Kristen. She's probably gonna get herself kidnapped again this time lol. If LB had not left the show, I could imagine her character being a detective. Somebody showed me clips of her Caira. The little devil gave Sami a run for her money. If she could deal with Sami, she'd handle Kristen as well.  Even if she was abducted, this Caira would work her way to manipulate and disarm her captors then strike them when they least expected. After all, she's Victor's granddaughter and daughter of Bo and Hope.  

The Brady/Kristcole part puzzles me. Do Kristen's tattoos conceal themselves when she's gonna sleep with him? Does she morph into "Nicole" whenever she's around Brady? It takes more than a mask to be somebody else unless Kristen knows a thing or two about magic. 

Edited by Guest
adding more
5 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Thanks for the spoilers, QueenSerena.

Look at the bright side, Sarah/Eric getting together means no cough"epitome of love"cough aka the tear-eyed Eric/Nicole for a while. This is a well-deserved reward. Of course it's unfair to Rex but if he isn't too dumb, he'd figure out that his wife and brother has feelings for each other a while ago. 

The idea of the damsel in distress, Caira investigating "Nicole" sounds hilarious. She could barely handle her own life let alone dealing with someone like Kristen. She's probably gonna get herself kidnapped again this time lol. If LB had not left the show, I could imagine her character being a detective. Somebody showed me clips of her Caira. The little devil gave Sami a run for her money. If she could deal with Sami, she'd handle Kristen as well.  Even if she was abducted, this Caira would work her way to manipulate and disarm her captors then strike them when they least expected. After all, she's Victor's granddaughter and daughter of Bo and Hope.  

The Brady/Kristcole part puzzles me. Do Kristen's tattoos conceal themselves when she's gonna sleep with him? Does she morph into "Nicole" whenever she's around Brady? It takes more than a mask to be somebody else unless Kristen knows a thing or two about magic. 

Kristen mentioned she had her tattoos removed. I'm glad Ciara is given something to do but again Ben is involved so...

• Love 4

Eric and Sarah decide it's time they fully commit to one other.

...maybe wait until Sarah's, you know, divorced?

So I guess Rex is gonna slink back to wherever Gigi Mimi and that kid of his are?  A fate worse than death for poor Rexie.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

So I flew through a few episodes and missed one entirely the day Mueller testified, but I can't figure out how both Rex and Jack changed their tune so suddenly. Rex had been blind to the sparks flying between Eric and Sarah; he'd come upon them in semi-compromising circumstances before and blithely carried on as though nothing was wrong. Now, suddenly, he's in tune with his wife and her feelings? And Jack as well came around to seeing Eve's manipulations inside of a day or two? 

• Love 4

"Gabriella hates this fella!"

Hell yeah she does!  Of course, she'll catch feelings for him for real, if she hasn't already, but her still getting her full-throttle soap vixen on is life-giving.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

And Jack as well came around to seeing Eve's manipulations inside of a day or two? 

Yes because quite a bit happened in those two days.

Jack told Eve he wanted to get his memory back.  She initially was against it.  He thought she was going to divorce him over it.  She said she wasn't.  On the Wed you missed, she changed her tune. She said she supported him. She gave him the serum which had arrived. At the end of the episode, he leaves to go to work and Xander comes over. We find out Eve had replaced the serum with a saline solution.

Eve takes Rolf's diary, throws it in the trash and sets it on fire.  Jack comes home and sees the fire.  He goes to put it out and sees that she's burning the diary.  He is confused.  As Eve stumbles over her words to explain, she lets it slip that she should have gotten rid of it eight months ago which makes Jack realize she never wanted him to get his memory back.  She was just using him to get back and Jennifer.  She claims she loves him. He tells her she doesn't know what love is and throws Paige in her face. That gets her mad and she confesses that she gave him a fake serum.  She brings out the real serum and holds up an object to smash it.  Jack tries to walk back his anger and try to get her on his side again.  She smashes the real serum anyway. 

That's it for them.  He fires her the next day when he learns she had used her position to shut down the company that made the serum so he couldn't get whatever copies they had.

• Love 5