Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Isn't that the way to sell/absolve rape? Ron surely thinks so!

Oh, I think the whole thing is just terrible. I hate that they went down this road again without learning anything from the feedback they received on previous rape/icky consent issues stories under Ron & previous writers. This might be the only way to watch it:

giphy.gif

But I've gotta give Martsolf credit for leaning into the total absurdity the writers gave him with this one. 😑

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Any guesses who this could be if it comes to pass? My guess is the guy is part of one half of another popular pairing I lean towards Chad both sides would hate it. I am 100% its not JJ nobody would be that upset in comparison and this show doesn't care enough about him to have two chicks fight over him especially the neutered version of the character.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Leann Hunley, you will always be the teacher that Pacey slept with to me.

OMG - I had totally forgetten that! Thanks for the reminder. I loved Dawson’s Creek.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 4

At this point she may be known more for Miss Jacobs than Anna Dimera(who I first knew her as). I remember LOL when her character was watching an episode of Days. 

Speaking of teacher/student tawdry affair I always wanted that type of storyline for JJ I find it hard to believe given how easily he hooked up with Eve that she was the first older woman he got with... Like maybe he got kicked out of a boarding school because he got it on with a teacher..

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Any guesses who this could be if it comes to pass? My guess is the guy is part of one half of another popular pairing I lean towards Chad both sides would hate it. I am 100% its not JJ nobody would be that upset in comparison and this show doesn't care enough about him to have two chicks fight over him especially the neutered version of the character.

Ben?

• Love 1

The original poster confirmed it wasn’t Ben (I also thought it may be him) but didn’t say who it was. Jack... I just can’t even fathom how bad that would be. 

I don’t know how reliable the original poster is with spoilers though.

• Love 2
Just now, BoldDays said:

The original poster confirmed it wasn’t Ben (I also thought it may be him) but didn’t say who it was. Jack... I just can’t even fathom how bad that would be. 

I don’t know how reliable the original poster is with spoilers though.

What I do know is, the Stabi fans are already enraged. And this is a prime example why plotting stories freaking 8-months out is ridiculous. No time to shift course. It's clear that the show finally has a couple it seems many like - and because of an old outline, they get tossed away.

Typical.

• Love 9

I agree - it’s madness. I just hope the Gabi/Jack rumour is just that. I’m pretty open to most plot twists on soaps, but I just couldn’t watch that. Yuck

Edited by BoldDays
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Some poster in that thread says it's...Jack! God, I hope not. I'd need a few million BP meds to stop my head from completely exploding.

Yeah.  That one user kept beating that drum and I hope it's just their wild guess because I just can't imagine that in any serious fashion.

I wouldn't mind if it were Brady because even though I like Stabi, I also like her vibe with Brady but it's supposedly not him.

So far clues are that it's someone on the canvas and stans will get mad.  Now that Chad is on the digital show, is he considered as currently being part of the scene because I could see Ron trying that?

But weren't a bunch of Twitter users also complaining about Steve and Kayla's return storyline?  Maybe it's Steve. hee.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

I agree - it’s madness. I just hope the Gabi/Jack rumour is just that. I’m pretty open to most plot twists on soaps, but I just couldn’t watch that. Yuck

Wasn't there some rumor some time back, or a blind item, that said a plot twist was coming that could get the head writer fired? I swear I recall reading something like that someplace. This would/should do it, if so.

Why the fuck would Ken Corday let him do this (if true)?!

2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But weren't a bunch of Twitter users also complaining about Steve and Kayla's return storyline?  Maybe it's Steve. hee.

Jesus. Ron would go there. And it would make Steve look like a letch. Lovely.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can see this: BOTH Jack and Steve after Gabi, recreating the same story (maybe minus the rape?) they had with Kayla 30 years before, while Kayla herself is nowhere to be found.

That deserves more than firing.  Ron should be jailed if that's the case. Ken too for letting him get away with it. And Sony would automatically win the lawsuit because nothing they do would be so destructive for the show.

• Love 7
Just now, Irlandesa said:

That deserves more than firing.  Ron should be jailed if that's the case. Ken too for letting him get away with it. And Sony would automatically win the lawsuit because nothing they do would be so destructive for the show.

Totally agree here. But knowing Ron's history and Ken Corday's general incompetence/ambivalence, I can see this disaster happening based on their past behaviors.

If there is any crumb of truth to this, no "plan to save Days" will ever be enough again, IMO. I know that sounds dramatic. Still think it would be the truth, though.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wasn't there some rumor some time back, or a blind item, that said a plot twist was coming that could get the head writer fired? I swear I recall reading something like that someplace. This would/should do it, if so.

Why the fuck would Ken Corday let him do this (if true)?!

Jesus. Ron would go there. And it would make Steve look like a letch. Lovely.

There was actually - I recall that now you mention it. And I also recall someone saying (actually I think it was that original twitter poster) that those excited for Steve’s return should be cautious as they were unlikely to be happy with the storyline. 

Now I’m worried. And at this point I’m not sure if it’s better to know or not know... 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

He knows nothing.  He's always doing some kind of nonsense like this.  Saying that he knows something but doesn't drop a hint or follow up.  He's a fool.  He's a clown.  He's just a nasty person.  Yeah, I'm sure it is stupid because it is Ron, but it's probably not as bad as he's claiming.

I'm tired of all these so called "insiders" playing "I know something you don't know" and then won't even drop a damn hint.  You know why?  Because they don't know anything.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ben?

If this is true, that would be my guess. Let's face it , outside of Ben and Ciara's core fans many people have lost interest in them. It was a huge mistake slapping them together so quickly. They have no development. It's hard for the most gifted writers to write for couples, so there's no way Ron could ever do that. That's why I think there's something BTS to keep Chad and Abby together because I don't think he likes writing for couples. He's more of a camp guy.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Some poster in that thread says it's...Jack! God, I hope not. I'd need a few million BP meds to stop my head from completely exploding.

I will be so OUT of this show if that happens. No ifs ands or buts. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

When is Stefan supposed to be leaving? Thanks!

There hasn't been a confirmed exit date for Brandon Barash, and there's been some speculation that his exit is a false rumor.  I think there was a recent rumor that he is currently filming, and his "exit" was only a brief absence.  

• Love 6

Thanks, @enchantingmonkey. I know originally the character was supposed to leave with all the other August departures, but then I had read that since there was chemistry between Gabi and the new Stefan, that may have changed. It might actually be interesting to see the Good (Chad and yuck Abigail) vs. the Evil that would be Gabi and Stefan fight for the soul of the DiMera company and fortune.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Totally agree here. But knowing Ron's history and Ken Corday's general incompetence/ambivalence, I can see this disaster happening based on their past behaviors.

If there is any crumb of truth to this, no "plan to save Days" will ever be enough again, IMO. I know that sounds dramatic. Still think it would be the truth, though.

There is no plan to save Days between the ratings freefall, their studios sold to the WB and their nonexistent budget we're witnessing the slow winding road to their inevitable cancellation from NBC come Sept 2020. At this point it would be a mercy killing.

That being said I don't think its Jack or Steve. There's a rumor that it would be Eli although I can't imagine the outrage over that I mean yeah Elani have fans but its not that deep.

I still think it will be Chad I don't see the show resisting resurrecting Abby/Chad/Gabi despite how played out it is. As long as JJ isn't involved I'm cool.

9 hours ago, Sidney said:

If this is true, that would be my guess. Let's face it , outside of Ben and Ciara's core fans many people have lost interest in them. It was a huge mistake slapping them together so quickly. They have no development. It's hard for the most gifted writers to write for couples, so there's no way Ron could ever do that. That's why I think there's something BTS to keep Chad and Abby together because I don't think he likes writing for couples. He's more of a camp guy.

He claims it isn't Ben although I would've gone for it personally. Chabby are only together because Ken likes them. 

• Love 1

Maybe they'd pair Gabi with Ben? Isn't Ciara leaving? That means Saint Ben needs a new cheerleader. Poor Gabi might have to tow the line...

I assumed the Steve story sees him reunited with Ava (the "AV" door from the warehouse). That would be unpleasant, or downright infuriating depending on how it's played. Is the Ava actress booked elsewhere?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe they'd pair Gabi with Ben? Isn't Ciara leaving? That means Saint Ben needs a new cheerleader. Poor Gabi might have to tow the line...

I assumed the Steve story sees him reunited with Ava (the "AV" door from the warehouse). That would be unpleasant, or downright infuriating depending on how it's played. Is the Ava actress booked elsewhere?

For what it's worth, the Twitter feed said it wasn't Ben.

As for Ava (puke!), the actress that played her, Tamara Braun, is currently stuck in a dead-end role over on GH. (GH caught the fad Days likes to use, casting former actors in new roles.) Since Laura Wright is still playing Carly, she is playing a doctor that seems to be falling apart since losing her son to cancer. Sounds soapy, but from what I gather (I no longer watch!), it actually sucks.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

VK renewed her contract till 2020 which surprises me I figured she would want to bail (course if she did they probably would've kept ORK). 

Its not Ben although I wouldn't be opposed to it if it happened. However Eli is heavily rumored here not really sure he'd get that huge of a reaction don't most Elani fans want a story? This would get them one. I honestly rather have Gabi go after Eli for a little role reversal than relive Gabi/Chad/Abby again. It makes more sense for two women to fight over Eli than Chad of all people.

4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

For what it's worth, the Twitter feed said it wasn't Ben.

As for Ava (puke!), the actress that played her, Tamara Braun, is currently stuck in a dead-end role over on GH. (GH caught the fad Days likes to use, casting former actors in new roles.) Since Laura Wright is still playing Carly, she is playing a doctor that seems to be falling apart since losing her son to cancer. Sounds soapy, but from what I gather (I no longer watch!), it actually sucks.

Well GH has done it before Sarah Brown played Claudia Zacchara even though she was the original Carly. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well GH has done it before Sarah Brown played Claudia Zacchara even though she was the original Carly

True. And that one, I did watch. And it also sucked. 😛 Claudia's vibe with brother Johnny (Brandon Barash) was creepy, but then, considering how that played out, I guess it made sense.

• Love 4

For the week of the 26th:

"Kristen offers a trade; Gabi and Stefan profess their love for one another; Tripp bids farewell to Salem; Eli and Lani have a heart-to-heart with Julie, who later collapses"

https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2019/08/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-august-19-23-2019/

Well, TV Guide apparently released all spoilers for the week of the 26th, soooooooo:

Monday, August 26, 2019
Maggie and Sarah blast Xander for his lies.
Kristen drops a bombshell on Brady.
Tony makes a confession to Anna.
Eli and Lani arrest Tony.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Kristen offers to give up compelling information for her freedom.
Anna urges Tony to use his knowledge of Gabi and Stefan's whereabouts as leverage with the police.
Xander swears to Maggie, Sarah and Eric that Holly is alive.
Gabi and Stefan profess their love for one another.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Eric has an intense confrontation with Kristen.
Kate makes a stunning announcement to Gabi and Stefan.
Marlena and John enjoy the last hours of their anniversary.
Eric breaks the news about Nicole to Sarah.

Thursday, August 29, 2019
Eric and Jennifer pressure Jack to make a deal with Kristen.
Sarah and Xander have a contentious conversation about Eric and Nicole.
Chloe informs Brady she received a life-changing offer.
Tripp bids farewell to Salem.

Friday, August 30, 2019
Eric and Sarah have an honest discussion about the status of their relationship.
Jack, Jennifer and Eric take off for Chicago to find answers.
Stefan and Gabi fume when Kate moves into the mansion.
Eli and Lani have a heart-to-heart with Julie, who later collapses.

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/days-of-our-lives/episodes/194489/

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Chloe informs Brady she received a life-changing offer.

Let me guess - another opera in Mexico? Don't do it Chloe.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

This will apply soon.....

...huh?

• Love 3

Even if they kill Kristen, Ron will just find someone else to bring back as the one-note E-VIL villain he loves to write for.  What he's done with Eve is another good example of how the characters aren't the problem with the show.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Already?  I was hoping Gabi would hold the scheming bitch line a little longer.

This show finds a way to take a good thing and completely ruin it.

I think Stefan/Gabi have chemistry and bring energy to their scenes but I really don't care to hear they're in "Love". Why can't they just be two messy people in lust with one another ala JJ/Eve. It works so much better for them.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Can Kristen please somehow be killed or, at least, permanently incapacitated?

Kristen should've stayed dead after she flew out the window in Italy.

• Love 6