Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I guess Victor and John are touching base about Caroline? Nice to see them together.

...I really wish John was more involved in Brady's life right now, considering he lost Tate and isn't in a relationship or drunk off his ass. Seems like ideal timing for them to bond non-confrontationally.

• Love 3
(edited)

Soaps dot com accidentally (or "accidentally"?) released a bunch of daily spoilers early, these are all for the week of the 15th.

Monday:

Xander is arrested! "Nicole" makes a move on Brady; Stefan is completely blind-sided; Lani and Eli share their good news with Abe.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

The Friday ones should be released later tonight, or maybe that website will just go ahead and post them all before then lol.

Edit - lol the Friday ones did get released early after all:

Brady is thrown when "Susan" hits on him; Will and Sonny experience déjà vu when the real Susan arrives; Gabi has a showdown with Xander; Ciara is thrown to find her mother kissing Ted.

Edited by QueenSerena
Forgot to add the link, then more spoilers appeared!
  • Love 5

Jennifer makes an impassioned speech to Jack about the person he used to be. Jennifer decides it’s time to move on from Jack.

This is what bugs me about Ron's DOOL storytelling.  Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.  After months of no ups and downs and nothing new, he'll wrap it up in a day or two.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, DisneyBoy said:

A few points:

1) he's not that gorgeous

2) the show needed to lose some boring characters (Paige the whiner dullard, Serena the stuck in an elephant story from hell redhead....not Will) and thought a murder mystery would spice things up for the 50th. It did.

3) SERIOUSLY, HE IS NOT GORGEOUS. HE LOOKS WEIRD. HE HAS DEAD EYES LIKE ABIGAIL AND A BIZARRE PLASTIC PHOTOSHOP BODY. STOP LUSTING AFTER THAT. CRIPES.

4) Nobody thought he was remotely talented before the show let him fiddle with a necktie and purse his lips, tilt his head back and stare blankly. He wasn't even an interesting serial killer. I don't remember a single one of his line deliveries. If he was talented, there would be something in my memory. There isn't.

5) After the show made him a killer, they brought him back to repeat his schtick several times. And he's even used his murderous history as an intimidation tool. If Ben was ever supposed to be a good person or likable character, the show wouldn't have had so much fun constantly underlining the fact that he's crazy and violent.

5) We've seen other male soap opera characters commitment unspeakable crimes like rape and still manage to become fan favorites over time. Tom Eplin made Jake McKinnon lovable in spite of his rape of Marley. And even though he was a fan-favorite on Another World until the very end, there were still viewers, like me, who never completely accepted the fact that he managed to marry his victim's twin (!) sister and become a part of their family. That was hella weird, but Tom's good heartedness and sense of humor and playfulness and chemistry with his co-stars made it possible to just get engrossed in the Jake you were watching today and put out of your mind the Jake that existed a few years prior and hurt Marley so badly.

I wasn't watching DOOL when Jack raped Kayla, but from what all of you have said here, the show did a pretty good job of having them both recover from that to some degree and move forward. But the shadow of what Jack did still hangs over the show's history, as was referenced when JJ first came onto the series. I can't say I love Jack as a character, but I believe you when you guys say that he is lovable and likable and has great chemistry with the other co-stars (not that any of that is on display in his current storyline unfortunately).

RSW, no matter how much of a hard sell they are pushing on me, is not in Tom Eplin's league. He is not Jack either. We didn't get time to understand him as a character, and the writers really didn't do the work of making Ben an interesting character before they turned him into a serial killer. Turning him into a serial killer was what made him a character. It's the thing that everyone remembers about him. He was pretty much invisible prior to that. He was a very dull obstacle for Chad and Abigail's romance. And now they're trying to erase that one character trait, or rather eclipse it by showing Claire losing her mind and saying she's worse than Ben. Bullshit. BULLSHIT! If you take away the serial killer, what is Ben? A guy who was abused by his father? You can say that about half the characters on the show. It doesn't make any of them interesting. What makes any character interesting on DAYS is a combination of interesting writing, and the likeability of the performer. RSW still has all the likeability of a store mannequin to me. Only those don't talk. And I don't see any chemistry with his co-stars either. When he is with Ciara in a scene all I see is plastic and hair.

And I think I'm ranting a little bit now, even though I respect everyone else's opinion, because I feel like some combination of the producers and the casting director are trying to convince me that viewers prefer mediocre actors with "perfect" bodies over fantastic actors who would never be booked to appear in an underwear catalog. WRONG. WRONG!

Even if Lani and Rafe and Ben were given fantastic scripts, I still don't feel they could deliver on the level of say, Victor, or Kate, or Sami. They don't connect to me as a viewer, I don't believe the stuff that comes out of their mouths and it's embarrassing watching them try and fail for so long. I am not fond of them, and if nothing else, no matter how stupid the stories are, I should at the very least enjoy spending time with these actors in their pretend world. When I watch Kayla, or Eileen Davidson's Kristen or John, I do. I suffer through the crappy writing because they bring a warmth and kind of magic to their scenes. Ben does not.

And I'm not just saying this because RSW doesn't have much of an acting resume. GG has been on the show for years and still stinks.

If Ben was going to have all of this screen time and fan adoration, I would think he would at least have some warmth and likeability. He doesn't and that's partly to do with RSW.

6) The show is likely to turn him back into a violent nutjob/killer again at some point (see: Stefano, Andre, Xander, etc, etc) so I wouldn't get too attached.

7) I'm annoyed that he is a pet of Deidre Hall and Ron (for very different reasons) and that that's why he's getting the red carpet rolled out for him. Not because it makes sense narratively, and not because fans were clamoring for more of him. There are literally dozens of young male actors in Los Angeles who would give their left foot for a steady paying gig like DOOL. The show could have brought on anybody to be Ciara's bad boyfriend.

😎It is in such appallingly bad taste to take the girl whose father died, whose stepbrother raped her and took her virginity, whose stepfather tried to murder her mother, whose mother went to jail for murder, and who once dated a boy who is (unbeknownst to her) the exact physical duplicate of her dead brother....and force HER to be the other half of a love story featuring a serial killer. I don't even like Ciara, and I can't stomach putting her through this. Yikes.

9) why does the eight have to turn into a smiley face? Da fuq?

10) I hate to have to say this, but I prefer Daniel to Ben. Yes. Tan Man over plastic man. These two have both been shoved down our throats hardcore and propped left right and center, but I think Daniel was at least able to act somewhat. Somewhat.

11) in a universe where the core families constantly back each other up and come out on top, Ben's beatification comes at the cost of the integrity of the other characters loyalties to each other. Eve is related to Shane, and should have some support from his friends in dealing with her grief over losing Paige. Will is alive and well, and has the love of most everybody in the town, from Kate and Marlena and John and Roman, to Sonny and Lucas and Gabi and Sami and Claire...ALL of whom should hate Ben's guts with a fiery passion for the years he kept Will away from them. Yet instead, Eve is constantly scapegoated as the villain and all of Will's family are conveniently never around to say a negative word about Ben. And now, possibly because of Deidre's fondness for her co-star, we have Marlena - fucking Marlena!! - standing up to talk about how wonderful it is that Ben has overcome his demons when Will was the grandson she loved more than anything in the world and had to bury after Ben choked the life out of him.

Reality check: it is only by the flimsiest excuse of science that Will is still alive. Ben 99% killed him. That Will is alive right now has nothing to do with the fact that Ben is a so called good person who was led astray. It's dumb luck. If someone tried to kill someone I loved and by some random coincidence they happened not to die, I wouldn't be forgiving the attacker just because they were thwarted.

But because they want to force Ben on us, family loyalty has gone out the window and so has logic. Kate will criticize Chloe for months for daring to date Lucas, but has yet to slap the shit out of Ben? Yeah sure....that's believable.

11) It makes no fucking sense in the world that Marlena would be called upon to deem Ben sane enough to re-enter society, or that she would trust him as a patient. He attacked her in her office during the 50th! Does nobody remember that?

12) He's not that attractive. I realize I have said this already but I think it bears repeating. Y'all have better taste than this.

I agree with a lot of this to add Marley at one point was fixated on Jake by then AW was on its last legs but still...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

You mean when Ellen Wheeler returned to the role, right? Yeah, 1998 to 1999 was a tough time in Bay City.

Thanks for agreeing with me 🙂

Yep and she was 2 feet taller than Vicky lol. Yeah I loved Jake but I don't need him whitewashed either.

The office set is a mix of the old sets they just slapped together. Yes have Julie give commentary on Stabi forget her actually having scenes with Claire/Ciara her actual family in the limited airtime you give her.

Speaking of Julie they already filmed the 50th anniversary episode for Bill/Doug that will air in Feb 2020.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lordy it's nuts how far ahead they are.....

I'll write more about AW/Marley in that thread..

Days is renewed till Sept 2020 so they really don't have much time left as far as renewal etc.

Monday July 22:
Kate accidentally attacks Sarah.
Susan is shocked when she encounters a familiar face.
Gabi gives Stefan disappointing news.
Xander makes Kristen grovel.

Tuesday July 23:
Lani questions Ted about the inconsistencies in his statement.
Stefan attempts to bargain with Kate.
Xander ends his alliance with Kristen.

Xander makes Kristen grovel? Ick. Please show, don’t make the same mistakes you made “redeeming” Ben. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Monday July 22:

Tuesday July 23:

Xander makes Kristen grovel? Ick. Please show, don’t make the same mistakes you made “redeeming” Ben. 

Of course they will if PT is on contract stick around long enough every guy loses his edge... look at Ben, Ted, etc. Xander is next. 

Lani/Ted interacting at least is something different.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

As Jack's wife she could probably do it on behalf of him.

Honestly has anyone been fired from the Pub before? I mean how bad do you have to be at your job for that?! Even Haley can work in the hospital.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Which is probably why JJ isn't on much (for that I'm glad)

Brady, shut up.  

Eric, let me help you pack.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is bizarre, soaps dot com keeps releasing 2-week ahead spoilers earlier than usual - these are for Wednesday, July 24th:

Xander and Rex get into it over Sarah.

Jack is surprised when Eve supports him taking the serum.

Jennifer is determined to move on and plans a date!

Haley has disturbing visions of Claire.

So I guess don't be surprised if stuff for July 25th and 26th get released during the next couple days, lol.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Brady, shut up.  

Eric, let me help you pack.

Thank you! Sick of Eric! I bet the Roman and Marlena spoiler is about Eric. Marlena is becoming fastfowarded material.

I didn't know Ciara was working.lol

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Thank you! Sick of Eric! I bet the Roman and Marlena spoiler is about Eric. Marlena is becoming fastfowarded material.

I didn't know Ciara was working.lol

I hope its about their actual child I honestly was thinking it was going to be about Ben/Ciara and Roman firing Ciara over it.

46 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

This is bizarre, soaps dot com keeps releasing 2-week ahead spoilers earlier than usual - these are for Wednesday, July 24th:

So I guess don't be surprised if stuff for July 25th and 26th get released during the next couple days, lol.

Maybe Days is doing this to generate interest.. which makes me wonder...

Jennifer is going on a date with Dr. Shah I was hoping it would be something more original like Dr. Shah has a life and goes for someone who doesn't have men in her past....

I guess we see Claire (just not in the present time) if Haley has disturbing visions of her.

• Love 4
(edited)

Pictures for next week:

66904458_1819883954780843_40296262995122

66860367_1819884044780834_25410406281379

66474179_1819883734780865_20419637704854

66385288_1819883814780857_70714920689205

The articles for "Susan" and "Nicole" next week seem fun, I hope it comes across that way on screen.

Edit - here's one of the articles:

D_KCxFdXsAAbKvz.jpg

And here's the other:

D_JsS7eXsAMqz0T.jpg

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Eve can't give Ted the job of DA.

So if Ciara no longer has a job, what is she going to do now when she is not with Ben?

I didn’t even know she was working.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Eve can't give Ted the job of DA.

So if Ciara no longer has a job, what is she going to do now when she is not with Ben?

That will give Ciara more time to patrol Salem and lecture, threaten, sneer at and berate anyone who still has the gall to think Ben isn't the Second Coming. 

Busy, busy busy!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

JJ is getting evicted 🙄

probably since he keeps inviting people to live with him who aren’t on his lease.  Unlike the landlord of the loft where anyone can move in and out at anytime. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Dang. I really liked JJs apartment.

It used to be Will & Sonny's apartment set, maybe they'll move back in. I was hoping they'd get the loft after Tripp leaves, but that apartment would also work.

Sure enough, here are the spoilers for Thursday, July 25th:

Jack shares surprising news with JJ.

Stefan and Gabi strategize on how to deal with Nicole.

Eve takes drastic measures to stop Jack from regaining his memory.

“Nicole” shares her plans for DiMera with Brady.

• Love 2

I wonder if Jack/Eve have something to do with JJ getting evicted regardless maybe Sarah/Rex move in there after they leave Eric's place. I think Will/Sonny stay at the mansion so Victor can complain about them.

JJ/Jack spoiler on the 25th sounds like something I may look forward to. They really are my fave pair on this show.

• Love 2

Week of July 22:

Monday July 22:

Tuesday July 23:

Wednesday July 24:

Thursday July 25:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Week of July 22:

Monday July 22:

Tuesday July 23:

Wednesday July 24:

Thursday July 25:

They released the Friday ones, as well (there's usually 4/day, so it appears there's still one spoiler that needs to be released for Friday the 26th):

Jack catches Eve committing an act of betrayal!

Needing an ally, “Nicole” seeks out someone from the past.

A misguided Tripp tries to help Haley.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is this how they'll bring back Tony?

I believe it is. TP posted an IG the other day with LH, an he mentioned his scenes will start airing on the July 26th. I'm hoping we'll see a real DiMera back on screen again. Stefan doesn't fit that role. He's way too clueless and weak.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Love that Jack and Jennifer promo!

LOVE IT. 😀 😍

12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/

Friday July 26:
A misguided Tripp tries to help Haley.

Wonder if that's the beginning of Tripp's exit?

7 hours ago, Sidney said:

I believe it is. TP posted an IG the other day with LH, an he mentioned his scenes will start airing on the July 26th. I'm hoping we'll see a real DiMera back on screen again. Stefan doesn't fit that role. He's way too clueless and weak.

I really hope he's Tony, this time. 🤞

• Love 5