Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

So EJ will realize Gwen was not in jail at the time of Abby's death.

Chloe/Brady crew will realize Leo was the jewelry thief. 

Sonny's going to offer Chad a job at Titan again? Because that works so well last time? Grief stricken or not, Chad should be arrested for his part in the perjury and covering Lucas.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

• Leo goes to Brady and Chloe, looking for a job.

Leo's still around. 😡

Wish he and his bestie Gwen would go back to where they first knew each other.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Shawn is an utter freaking idiot. First getting sucked into Jan's crap, and now fighting for a kid that isn't his. 

Given his namesake this is family tradition at this point. Hope didn't want to let JT go at first either. Course its a shame neither Bo or Hope are around for this(although at the same time I'm also glad they are far away from this awful story). Maybe Doug/Julie can remind him(they were there as well). Him wanting to keep Shawn doesn't bother me its how incredibly contrived this storyline setup was. This lacks the emotional beats the JT storyline did yet they want to tell us its compelling.

While I like Brady/Chloe working together with Nancy why must Clyde be involved would've been so much better with Craig.

Of course my biggest problem with the whole thing is that they are all investigating Abby's murder and yet none of her immediate family is involved in this storyline. Why bring back Jack/Jennifer/JJ if they aren't going to be involved in this storyline? 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Does Kristin know Leo?  Isn’t she the boss at basic black now ?

She probably used to babysit him, too.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12

The Salem PD is short staffed and have many crimes on the go.

If Xander can show crime solving skills, maybe BlackPatch can hire him as a junior investigator to train. John and Steve are turning in to stewing hens and maybe they need a younger chicken.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

So, it's the middle of August and they are still trying to figure out who-dun-it. Glad that they are finally getting around to Leo. He sure had a nice, long vacation, didn't he? I read that he would have a big story this summer and that, yes, he is on contract. They are pretty much running out of summer for his big story, but I don't think he did the killing. I am still hoping it was Gwen, but since she appears so guilty, it's not her.

I don't know what danger is coming up again or why Rex has to be there. I thought Ron said they weren't going to have people come and go because it was too hard to write around. Maybe characters like Rex, who aren't there all the time, are easier to schedule.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

In fairness, would you want Evan or Jan raising a kid?  Evan could probably clean up his act and be a decent dad, but Jan . . .

I'm sure I would NOT want to raise the offspring of someone who is obsessed with me and someone who hates me/hates my family.   I still maintain Shawn (and Belle actually) are both idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Sigh - I read a spoiler and it looks like Jan will be back. I am hoping just to grab that baby and leave again. Or, if they put her back in jail and Evan is gone, maybe Shawn and Belle will raise this child. Since they have never been able to keep her (or anyone) in jail, especially the really bad ones, it just gets boring knowing that she will be back. Vivian, on the other hand remains unseen in jail. I would prefer it if they just put the baby up for adoption so the innocent child could have a fresh start and Jan wouldn't come back to deal with Shawn and Belle.

LOL - I saw a magazine article saying how great it is for Linsey Godfrey to "own" her age - she's 34, for crying out loud! What is there to "own?" I guess she was displaying her physique and saying that "this is 34." OK.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

LOL - I saw a magazine article saying how great it is for Linsey Godfrey to "own" her age - she's 34, for crying out loud! What is there to "own?" I guess she was displaying her physique and saying that "this is 34." OK.

This is Hollywood, where they like to cast college-aged girls to play 30-something instead of actually casting a thirty-something. Then when they get to be 30-something they get asked to play characters that should be played by women in their 40's and 50's. I will never get over being asked by Hollywood to believe that this fresh-faced young woman was  seasoned reporter Lois Lane in Superman Returns. Kate Bosworth couldn't even legally rent a car at the time the movie was filmed!ce92ccaad9e55a9273167f6cbccae4e1.jpg.a1f14e4e16441cc78b1246d622797f01.jpgSo yeah, I'm not going to mock LG for it. There's a reason why 22-year old girls are pumping themselves with Botox and fillers.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

carolyntopoltalk.com Spoilers

Monday, August 8th:
Rolf reassures Kristen their secret project will be a success.

Tuesday, August 9th:
Shawn and Belle make progress with their relationship.

Wednesday, August 10th:
Sarah and Xander go undercover to investigate Gwen.

Thursday, August 11th:
Thanks to Thomas, Chad has a realization about Abigail’s murder.

Friday, August 12th: 
Clyde, Nancy, Brady, and Chloe put the pieces together.
Rafe questions Nicole’s interest in Eric and Jada’s date.

• Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 8:54 PM, Lucas Rowan said:

. . . I'd rather forget that that silliness happened.

I didn't like that either 

2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Christ, Thomas will solve the case faster than the Salem PD. (I never had any doubt.)

Well he takes after his maternal grandparents who are completely ignored in this aspect of the story. Two investigative reporters aren't remotely involved in investigating the death of their daughter?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 8/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

This is Hollywood, where they like to cast college-aged girls to play 30-something instead of actually casting a thirty-something. Then when they get to be 30-something they get asked to play characters that should be played by women in their 40's and 50's. I will never get over being asked by Hollywood to believe that this fresh-faced young woman was  seasoned reporter Lois Lane in Superman Returns. Kate Bosworth couldn't even legally rent a car at the time the movie was filmed!ce92ccaad9e55a9273167f6cbccae4e1.jpg.a1f14e4e16441cc78b1246d622797f01.jpgSo yeah, I'm not going to mock LG for it. There's a reason why 22-year old girls are pumping themselves with Botox and fillers.

But this is also Hollywood where 30-year-olds play teenagers.  On All American, at least four of the leads are between 30 and 35, playing 18-year-old recent high school graduates; the rest are in their mid- to late-20s.  The original Beverly Hills: 90210 cast might be the most famous for this.  The Dawson's Creek "kids" were all in their 20s too, I think.

So I guess my point is that Hollywood is just all messed up.  I, too, do not understand why actors and actresses don't just play close to their real life age. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But this is also Hollywood where 30-year-olds play teenagers.  On All American, at least four of the leads are between 30 and 35, playing 18-year-old recent high school graduates; the rest are in their mid- to late-20s.  The original Beverly Hills: 90210 cast might be the most famous for this.  The Dawson's Creek "kids" were all in their 20s too, I think.

So I guess my point is that Hollywood is just all messed up.  I, too, do not understand why actors and actresses don't just play close to their real life age. 

I think because of labor laws not to mention certain subject manner in their storylines. I mean in the 70s they had a teenage Genie Francis have love scenes with grown men and she was a minor. At the time nobody thought much of it in retrospect it was rather disturbing tbh. 

• Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 8:54 PM, Lucas Rowan said:

. . . I'd rather forget that that silliness happened.

...my slogan regarding the last few years of Days.

10 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

BOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh for FU**'* SAKE RON.

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP.

GET OUT. GO AWAY. YOU SUCK.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Meanwhile, I'm into it lol.

I could get into it if Ron would just pick some laws of his supernatural universe and stick with it. What drives me bonkers is when the devil has an ability one moment but then doesn't use it the next. Or how Rolf can't bring back someone in one minute and then can the next.   But I do find the devil storylines more entertaining than the drivel that's aired since. Allie definitely needs to go back into devil mode because that's the most interesting and likable that she's ever been. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think because of labor laws not to mention certain subject manner in their storylines. I mean in the 70s they had a teenage Genie Francis have love scenes with grown men and she was a minor. At the time nobody thought much of it in retrospect it was rather disturbing tbh. 

I mean, she was actually on the record for dating Kin Shriner but no one seemed to have a problem with it. Supposedly they got away with it because they always kept one foot on the floor during the scenes.

58 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, she was actually on the record for dating Kin Shriner but no one seemed to have a problem with it. Supposedly they got away with it because they always kept one foot on the floor during the scenes.

You have a point there it was a different era back then not sure it would fly today though.

Alex/Allie? Not sure I can watch them and not think Ben but I digresss.

I think Chad/Sonny is a tease tbh... and that they really won't go there much like Leo/Xander.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Early Edition Spoilers

Anna is suspicious of Kristen. 
Lucas shares tough news with Kate. 
Gabi meets Alex. 
Chad confronts Gwen

Chad is going to confront everyone in Salem that by the time that the murderer is revealed Chad would have already spent all his energy and anger on the other people he already confronted.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

This is what I want the show to do more with Xander and Sarah - rather than just have them sit around being schmoopy with each other.  They were actually interesting back when they were sneaking around and discovering Ava was still alive.  I think it would be fun to have them going around looking for evidence that the Salem PD is obviously too stupid to even consider looking for - complete with bad costumes if necessary.  

• Like 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

This is what I want the show to do more with Xander and Sarah - rather than just have them sit around being schmoopy with each other.  They were actually interesting back when they were sneaking around and discovering Ava was still alive.  I think it would be fun to have them going around looking for evidence that the Salem PD is obviously too stupid to even consider looking for - complete with bad costumes if necessary.  

I say Xander reopens Bo and Izzy B's detective agency. He needs a job and it would be a nice throwback to his cousins 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I say Xander reopens Bo and Izzy B's detective agency. He needs a job and it would be a nice throwback to his cousins 

This is a good idea.  I want characters to actually DO something not just sit around talking about how much IN LOVE they are.  And while I like both John and Steve, they are far too old to be going around playing adventure hero.  

I enjoyed it when Li Shin got Gabi to confess that she was the one who approached Ava with the bogus married to Jake scheme.  It revealed things about Li's character and gave us a chance to learn more about him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Awwww -- that reminds me of Jack and Jennifer in the old days. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

While Sarah is a heroine, Xander is NOT a hero, nor should he be written or portrayed like one.

Eh, if they can turn the necktie killer into a romantic lead they can reform Xander into a semi-worthwhile citizen of Salem.  At least Sarah isn't running around town screeching to everyone that they MUST basically worship at Xander's feet.  She realizes that some people still hate him - with good reason.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Nearly everyone still hates him.  Not some people.  No one was at their recent attempt at a wedding.  That should say everything.

Hence, my prior point stands.

Nearly all the characters were reviled at some point. Steve was pretty awful his first year, Nicole has done terrible things, I like that most of the town still hates him, sure beats the Ben worship, but I get that Sarah loves him and he'd do anything for her and Maggirle

• Like 5
  • Applause 2