Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yup. And one is a serial killer and one is not.

Exactly.

It's "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me",

not

"Sticks and stones may break my bones and I'm gonna beat you to a pulp and then tie you to a bed and set you on fire".

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I have not even seen the story yet and hate it.  I loved Jordan and now they are going to ruin that character.  

If this was real life Ben would be the one who kidnaped Ciara.  

Also we need more love in the afternoon instead of killings. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am guessing with this turn of events that Jordan isn't coming back with Rafe's baby? The timeline didn't make sense to me on that anyhow but I'll take the show foisting Rafe's baby on Jordan than the show trying to tie him to Sami with a baby. 

Ron has a hardon for Safe, I am so happy that Allyson who plays Sami said no more babies for Sami.  I could see Ron giving Rafe a child via Sami and that being an obstacle for Rope. Personally, I wanted Lucas to be the father of all of Sami's kids, but, as a Lumi fan, I know that my Lumi ship has sailed for good.  I know that Ejami was popular, but, Sami in character would never have gotten involved with a Dimera.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, boes said:

Exactly.

It's "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me",

not

"Sticks and stones may break my bones and I'm gonna beat you to a pulp and then tie you to a bed and set you on fire".

That is fine. Mileage varies and I believe in "talk shit, get hit." And especially if you do it repeatedly knowing the eventual outcome but think it ok to continue to repeat bad behavior because of... well who knows? If the belief is the luxury to continually demean someone or a loved one of that someone to his face, then that is a belief born of privilege, AFAIC, and that says a lot about that person too. 

14 hours ago, bannana said:

Yup. And one is a serial killer and one is not.

Which makes it curious that Chad kept at instigating those situations with Ben. When Chad started the instigating behavior, which was when he first got back to Salem, Ben was not a serial killer. Ben was just the guy screwing the girl Chad felt he was entitled to have. Chad also took the time to also get in a relationship with Jordan. So not all the fights happened after Ben killed nor was known to be a serial killer. 

I guess I hold both grown men accountable for their respective choices instead of putting all the onus on Ben. Different strokes, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:
22 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Ron has a hardon for Safe, I am so happy that Allyson who plays Sami said no more babies for Sami. 

I think it is Corday with the hard on. IIRC, he and GG are buddies offscreen and Corday has admitted (I believe in SOD) that GG has bedroom eyes and he considers Rafe a dream man... that his wife also thinks Rafe is a dreamy sort of character. IIRC they paired him with Sami cause she was more or less the leading lady of Days as well as one of Corday's favorite characters (plus he was going to be the foil to EJ since TPTB don't think Lucas is leading man material). When AS bounced and PR decided to retire, I am not surprised Corday then paired Hope with Rafe cause along with Jennifer, those are his other female faves. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sami in character would never have gotten involved with a Dimera

I disagree. I think Sami fought her feelings for years and the show explained it all as to why. Sami also evolved as the show went on instead of staying in place emotionally. The Dimeras aren't all the same just like all the Bradys aren't the same. Attraction and love aren't always simple or black & white. 

So is Ron ever going to write for Elani? I noticed they were the only youngish pairing to not get any preview in the SOD Feb Sweeps. I don't even care for Elani but his backburnering them in story while the show promotes them on social media is so shady. Haley has been on for a month and has gotten more screentime & story than Elani has in 6 months. Heck, maybe in the last year. WTF? 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

I have not even seen the story yet and hate it.  I loved Jordan and now they are going to ruin that character.  

If this was real life Ben would be the one who kidnaped Ciara.  

Also we need more love in the afternoon instead of killings. 

I fully expected Jordan to return with Rafe spawn and take a hatchet to Rope (along with Ted). That she seems to be returning unhinged disappoints me. I am willing to see how it plays out but I am willing to bet I will have mixed feelings about her return. 

Why would Ben kidnap Ciara? He doesn't have to. He broke up with her. He knows she has feelings for him. He knows that her feelings aren't the issue plus he accepted they needed the break and because he actually cares what she thinks, he wouldn't jeopardize that. When he took Abby it was during a full blown psychotic ep -which seems to be acceptable enough when it is Abby having a psychotic ep- and he also loathed Abby for cheating on & lying to him. Ben doesn't hate Ciara and she has also thus far been 100% honest with him. Do to me, he doesn't have the reasons now to pull what he did prior under different circumstances. Plus Days has taken time to show Ben has tried to move on with his life after incarceration, medication, and therapy regardless of the roadblocks from people who hate him and that he has repeatedly admitted he understands & accepts their hate. I totally expect backsliding and screw ups from him but I dislike that characters aren't allowed to grow.

I love a messy character journey as I look to soaps to be an escape from the mundane... not to mention, none of the current romances on the show interest me outside of a possible Xarah and the slow burn of Cin. I am less interested in easy, insipid, or status quo on soaps. (status quo characters or relationships)

I also hope when Nicole returns that it is to facilitate Eric leaving town with her. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The person reporting on Twitter about their being a serial killer posted a photo of a hand in a leather glove.

I’m biased because she was the first Days character I really liked back in the day, but I think killing off Chloe would be a mistake. She’s pretty much the only character that has significant history in Salem, while not being related to half the town. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Why would Ben kidnap Ciara?

Unfortunately those things happen all the time.  We was way too desperate when he talked to Hope at the police station trying to find Ciara.   The actor still JMHO plays Ben very creepy and unhinged.  

Before the show decided to make him a romantic lead I thought we would find out he killed more people and that was one reason they were always on the run.  

It’s just my unpopular opinion Ben has shown to be possessive,violent and a killer.  I just have a difficult time seeing him as a good choice for Ciara. And I am not even that found of Ciara.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

The actor still JMHO plays Ben very creepy and unhinged.  

He does at times. Just like how sometimes he plays it like Ben understands and accepts that people won't forgive him and other times he gets bitchy over it. The writers want it both ways and that never works.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

That is fine. Mileage varies and I believe in "talk shit, get hit." And especially if you do it repeatedly knowing the eventual outcome but think it ok to continue to repeat bad behavior because of... well who knows? If the belief is the luxury to continually demean someone or a loved one of that someone to his face, then that is a belief born of privilege, AFAIC, and that says a lot about that person too. 

Which makes it curious that Chad kept at instigating those situations with Ben. When Chad started the instigating behavior, which was when he first got back to Salem, Ben was not a serial killer. Ben was just the guy screwing the girl Chad felt he was entitled to have. Chad also took the time to also get in a relationship with Jordan. So not all the fights happened after Ben killed nor was known to be a serial killer. 

I guess I hold both grown men accountable for their respective choices instead of putting all the onus on Ben. Different strokes, I guess. 

I think it is Corday with the hard on. IIRC, he and GG are buddies offscreen and Corday has admitted (I believe in SOD) that GG has bedroom eyes and he considers Rafe a dream man... that his wife also thinks Rafe is a dreamy sort of character. IIRC they paired him with Sami cause she was more or less the leading lady of Days as well as one of Corday's favorite characters (plus he was going to be the foil to EJ since TPTB don't think Lucas is leading man material). When AS bounced and PR decided to retire, I am not surprised Corday then paired Hope with Rafe cause along with Jennifer, those are his other female faves. 

I disagree. I think Sami fought her feelings for years and the show explained it all as to why. Sami also evolved as the show went on instead of staying in place emotionally. The Dimeras aren't all the same just like all the Bradys aren't the same. Attraction and love aren't always simple or black & white. 

So is Ron ever going to write for Elani? I noticed they were the only youngish pairing to not get any preview in the SOD Feb Sweeps. I don't even care for Elani but his backburnering them in story while the show promotes them on social media is so shady. Haley has been on for a month and has gotten more screentime & story than Elani has in 6 months. Heck, maybe in the last year. WTF? 

In regards days has not even bothered to give Elani an interloper.  Strange since all the other couples have had one since I started watching days.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, tribeca said:

Unfortunately those things happen all the time.  We was way too desperate when he talked to Hope at the police station trying to find Ciara.   The actor still JMHO plays Ben very creepy and unhinged.  

Before the show decided to make him a romantic lead I thought we would find out he killed more people and that was one reason they were always on the run.  

It’s just my unpopular opinion Ben has shown to be possessive,violent and a killer.  I just have a difficult time seeing him as a good choice for Ciara. And I am not even that found of Ciara.  

Totally agree, @tribeca -- I can't muster up any positive feelings for Ben; no sympathy or even curiosity. 

• Love 6

I have a theory, the spoiler is "Ciara begs Jordan to help her escape"--to me, that sounds like Jordan is being held captive too because if Jordan was the kidnapper, the spoiler would be "Ciara begs Jordan to let her go."  Could it be Clyde who is behind the kidnapping because he's trying to hurt Ben?

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have a theory, the spoiler is "Ciara begs Jordan to help her escape"--to me, that sounds like Jordan is being held captive too because if Jordan was the kidnapper, the spoiler would be "Ciara begs Jordan to let her go."  Could it be Clyde who is behind the kidnapping because he's trying to hurt Ben?

I don't know; if Jordan is unhinged, maybe she has a bigger purpose in mind, so she allows Ciara to think she is a victim, too, when she is actually her captor.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2019 at 5:19 PM, peachmangosteen said:

He does at times. Just like how sometimes he plays it like Ben understands and accepts that people won't forgive him and other times he gets bitchy over it. The writers want it both ways and that never works.

But that's perfectly normal human behavior.  The mind can shift in a matter of seconds, especially when interacting with different personalities.  It's been one of the best parts of Gabi's story after her misdeeds were exposed, watching her speak to JJ with true remorse and then spitting her venom at those for which she has little regard.  

Ben is going to wear a different "face" when he wants to impress someone like Ciara than he will when he feels he's being oppressed by someone like Chad or Hope.  

• Love 4

It doesn't come off that way to me at all. Which of course partly could be because the actor isn't great. But I just know how it works and I can tell they want Ben to be redeemed without putting in any work lol. And that they also wanna still play with some 'oooh maybe he's still a killer' bullshit at the same time. It's all so tedious.

• Love 7

The writing is hella inconsistent with Ben even in the same episode. He’ll go from a hurt soft sweetie to menacing creep. He also alternates from remorse to indifference or justification of his violent ways. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

The writing is hella inconsistent with Ben even in the same episode. He’ll go from a hurt soft sweetie to menacing creep. He also alternates from remorse to indifference or justification of his violent ways. 

I just don't understand why Ron is even trying to redeem Ben.  What is so special about Ben? He is played by a mediocre actor who has had some good moments on the show. I personally felt that the serial killer story was so stupid because it was done to prop up Chabby. Ben should have been a woman beater, he had all the signs of one and the show could have connected it to Abigail's propensity to choose the wrong men to fixate on.  Redeeming a guy who beat a woman could have been a good story for Ron to tackle and could have been thought-provoking and handled with sensitivity.  

• Love 8

Some spoilers: https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/

Also, I will post a link when I have a shareable one but I read some of the SOD story on Jordan's return and it's meh. 

Jordan takes Ciara in order to "protect" her. And Abby tells Jordan, when they meet up as best girls who don't have a complicated history at all do, that Stefan ordered Ben to kidnap Charlotte so then Jordan ends up taking Charlotte because of that.

So... when did Stefan order that to happen cause I don't recall seeing it nor it being mentioned on my screen? I remember Chad made a choice to give Charlotte to Stefan, though. I remember Stefan maudlin and whining about losing Charlotte but not talking about taking her. He seemed none the worse for wear when Abby can over in that pink coat so Chad could be with Charlotte while Thomas played in the streets somewhere. Abby certainly didn't seem scared Stefan was going to abscond with Charlotte and flee the country. 

Also, how would Abby even know that? It's not like Stefan or Ben would tell her and she wasn't skulking around the mansion after serving Stefan divorce papers. I like Ron but this kind of manufactured BS, much like Sami calling Rafe who hasn't seen or talked to Johnny in years when he was kindergarten age, as her go-to to help Johnny, Smells like some bad retcon to have Chad swoop in to save the day a la Rafe so Abby will forgive him for being a douche about Charlotte. When is their last day? Cause I so sick of Chabby getting these type of retconned stories to make them seem like victim. History and what viewers saw play out constantly gets twisted so that they never seem like their own choices often times screws them over... when their choices don't screw over others. I think Days will not suffer with Chabby gone. 

I like Ron for the most part but this is so manufactured and a waste of Jordan. 

• Love 3
On 1/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I am loling so hard over them throwing Jordan under the bus for Ben's 'redemption.'

Actually, looks like it'll be more for Chabby's reunion and exit than Ben's "redemption" even though Ben will likely save Ciara from Jordan. It'll likely end up being more about Chad earning forgiveness from Abby than Ben saving Ciara. Jordan's motive in all of this make no sense unless Ron writes in that she snapped while away from Salem for all these years and no longer feels the need to protect her brother as she did when he was little.

I am looking forward to the upcoming Ben/Ciara stuff even though I am side-eyeing the hell of how Ron is using Jordan's return. I thought it was going to be Jordan interfering with Rope but I have not seen anything about Jordan and Rafe/Rope yet. Anywho, Cin may not be popular here but I'm glad they're getting buzz elsewhere since buzz isn't something the show has much of otherwise. Jack's return got some buzz but there's not much else going on generating talk about this show in the mainstream beyond dedicated show forums and shippers. I am sure the show is taking in to account the people who are interested in Ben's redemption as well as those who dislike him but talk about Ben a lot because that means folks aren't indifferent which is what I think soaps dread most. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I think Days will not suffer with Chabby gone. 

With them gone it can only get better.  I like Chad, always have but his relationship with Abby hasn't done him any favors, and as much as I love Billy Flynn, IMO he's been checked out of his storylines for a while now.

Abby I will NEVER miss.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, that sounds horrible lol.

Yes. So after kidnapping Ciara (!), Jordan then goes to hang out with Abby (!!) in which Abby lies to her about Charlotte (!!!) which prompts Jordan to kidnap Charlotte to protect her (!!!!) then frame Ben for all of it. 

That's absolute horseshit storytelling and I can't see it playing out much better than it reads. I am sure there will be good moments in the steaming pile but Ron basically brought back Jordan to waste on Chabby and anything else, including her brother and her exes, is far secondary. What a waste of Jordan. Ugh. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Ron basically brought back Jordan to waste on Chabby and anything else, including her brother and her exes, is far secondary.

I don't think the Ben part is secondary. It feels like she's being brought back to be thrown utb for a Chabby/Ben twofer. When will writers learn that ruining one character to prop another never works? 

• Love 4

I have a concern of a different flavor.  I wasn't really watching when she was playing Jordan, but I really liked Chrishell now-Hartley as Amanda back on the day on AMC.  But I'm not sure she's right to play...this.  Does that make sense?

I do think the idea of something having snapped in Jordan - that she blames herself for missing the signs with Ben, feels she didn't do enough to protect him from Clyde, is driven to desperation to keep him and others from being hurt, etc. - is interesting, but not when it starts with her having already kidnapped Ciara.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do think the idea of something having snapped in Jordan - that she blames herself for missing the signs with Ben, feels she didn't do enough to protect him from Clyde, is driven to desperation to keep him and others from being hurt, etc. - is interesting, but not when it starts with her having already kidnapped Ciara.

I agree, Jordan's transit from stiff and guarded physical therapist to a kidnapping, potential firestarter  COULD be interesting if they explored it. But we know they won't, right? It's up to us to fill in the blanks on forums like this these days. I know soaps aren't fine theater, but they used to be the best vehicle an actor had for fleshing out a character and showing their growth and maturity over a lifetime (or so). 

I guess we're all just asking for too much from these folks?

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Do we have a last airdate for Chabby? I want to start a countdown. The both of them cant get the hell off my screen quick enough. Now even Jordan who I at least found pretty likable has to be ruined for for those two? 

I've only heard the end of February for Frick & Frack's exit & nothing more exact than that. 

Jordan's first airdate should be February 4th. 

• Love 4

This is from DR

Monday Feb 4
Claire apologizes to Tripp and they give their romance another chance.
Stefan saves Chloe's life.

Tuesday Feb 5
Chad and Kate learn Stefan was shot.

Wednesday Feb 6
Ben is desperate to find Ciara.
John makes a startling confession to Roman about Leo.

Thursday Feb 7
Stefan insists Chloe and the kids move into the mansion.
Eric is upset that Rex and Sarah slept together.

Friday Feb 8
JJ and Haley open up to each other and share their first kiss.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It feels like the build up & the emotional beats to the story where she snaps all happened offscreen so we don't see her dealing with her feelings or coming to conclusions with her motives that kidnapping people to frame Ben is her only option, unless Ron pulls out more flashbacks to fill in the gaps.

I'm thinking TPTB will have Jordan be the one who started the cabin fire, so I guess she's been skulking around Salem unnoticed for half a year, probably, working on this "plan." 

2 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

Thursday Feb 7

WTF, Sarah? She needs to make better choices. 

So still no Elani? HMMM

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

OMG, shut up, Eric.

5 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

Stefan insists Chloe and the kids move into the mansion.

I guess he scores some points with her saving her life earlier in the week, but why her response isn't, "No thanks, rapist and all-around not good guy who I haven't shared scenes with in like a year!" is beyond me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Oh for gods sake. I dont know what's more annoying Sarah bedhopping or Eric moping about her. Hey dumbass how about mourning Nicole a little longer? Pathetic.

Not sure how Sarah sleeping with Rex, who she's resumed a relationship with, is bedhopping.

That's what makes Eric's upset-ness about it more annoying.  "OMG, she had sex with her boyfriend, how could she!".  Ugh.

ETA...I did just wonder though, given she has sex with Xander and Rex in a close period of time, if there could be WTD shenanigans.  But they did make a big deal about the condoms WRT Xander so they'll likely skip it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That Leo is his son?

He wonders whether that's the case, but based on other spoilers it seems that Leo's father is no longer with us. I could not have taken this show hitting us over the head with another instason for John after Sparkle.

Dang, I forgot to add that Leo's father might not be alive due to something Leo did. It's in one of the soap mags that Diana seems to be holding that info over his head.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

He wonders whether that's the case, but based on other spoilers it seems that Leo's father is no longer with us. I could not have taken this show hitting us over the head with another instason for John after Sparkle.

At least Leo makes sense as John's son. John as Roman loved Diana and she loved him just as much.  Paul never made any sense at all, the Paul fans can say otherwise,  Paul should have been Peter's son, Andre's son or Tony's son..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

At least Leo makes sense as John's son. John as Roman loved Diana and she loved him just as much.  Paul never made any sense at all, the Paul fans can say otherwise,  Paul should have been Peter's son, Andre's son or Tony's son..

True! And I agree completely, Sparkle should have been a DiMera (or connected to them in some way). He could have been an actual villain in Will & Sonny's story initially, and then on the show overall, which would have been so much more interesting to me. Then we might not be dealing with Stefan O. and his love of a wig.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

True! And I agree completely, Sparkle should have been a DiMera (or connected to them in some way). He could have been an actual villain in Will & Sonny's story initially, and then on the show overall, which would have been so much more interesting to me. Then we might not be dealing with Stefan O. and his love of a wig.

Paul should have taken a liking to Will and he should not have been Sonny's ex... Eventually, Sonny's selfish ex that broke his heart could have come into the picture setting up a rectangle with all 4 characters... What a waste!   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Dang, I forgot to add that Leo's father might not be alive due to something Leo did. It's in one of the soap mags that Diana seems to be holding that info over his head.

Ah, interesting!  I was wondering what Diana could possibly have on Leo that was worse than what Leo had on Sonny and Will and that fits the bill.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...I did just wonder though, given she has sex with Xander and Rex in a close period of time, if there could be WTD shenanigans.  But they did make a big deal about the condoms WRT Xander so they'll likely skip it.

Unless they are Enduro condoms trucked over from GH! (About a decade ago, there was a big to do about that brand of condoms because they were "flawed" and Liz Webber ended up knocked up  by Jason Morgan, the sainted hitman, ironically while married to Greg Vaughan's Lucky, etc.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Why is Ted?

ETA...oooh, but going to the link, Gabi and Brady teaming up as part of her war on Stefan O. could be kinda fun.  I also wouldn't mind Gabs straight-up using Brady for his sex magic and then blowing him off, hehe.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...oooh, but going to the link, Gabi and Brady teaming up as part of her war on Stefan O. could be kinda fun.  I also wouldn't mind Gabs straight-up using Brady for his sex magic and then blowing him off, hehe.

I would love it if Gabi refused to take any of Brady's crap--I could picture him trying to intimidate her by towering over her and she just elbows him in the face.  Gorgeous :)

• Love 11