Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Paul Telfer's doing a little telling that the show isn't showing, given I believe they've had one scene together.  I buy Xander being attracted to Sarah, but a huge crush, genuine feelings?  Nah.  Though I do agree with what he says about Xander craving respectability and legitimacy.

• Love 3

Haley's upcoming revelation reminds me of Ron doing the BLM type story with JJ & Theo. So... that's not a compliment. I think both topics are worthy of storylines cause soaps should cover topical social issues but I don't trust the execution because I think they require a lot more nuance and hard truths that I think isn't something Days wants to focus on in telling them. The JJ/Theo shooting story went all kinds of wrong. 

I don't blame Sarah for hopping on Xander.  Rex has some nerve considering that he cheated and who he cheated with. 

• Love 5

Hmm, seems PT is on to something. His little revelation is foreshadowing an optimistic future that these two will blossom into an actual romance. Perhaps this might be a sign of change in TPTBs' plan. And I get this impression both PT and LG are on board with it. 

• Love 2

Is Xander around permanently now? Or at least semi-permanently? I didn't think he was, but he was in that vid about the renewal which presumably means he's still filming, so he's around for 7 months at least, I guess. Or wait he could probably leave again and come back again in that amount of time. This shooting schedule is so dreadful.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

To the Rex fans on here, enjoy him while you can, rumor has it that he will be gone. 

I'm not really a fan, as I don't remember original Rex much, and current-Rex still makes me think of old-Brady.  And the writing for current-Rex certainly isn't making him a likable guy. Course with the 7 month tape-to-air delay, I might have liked him by the time he left. But now that I know he's leaving, no sense getting invested at all in his character. That's the biggest issue with Days taping schedule. We know someone is leaving practically before their first episodes start airing. 🙄

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

So Jack and Melinda are going to run against each other for Mayor.

Devereaux 2019 “I may not know who tf I am or what’s going on but still am smarter than 75% of town”

Really?? Great plot line for Jack, he can show off his wit and smarts -- I'm so glad he's back.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

To the Rex fans on here, enjoy him while you can, rumor has it that he will be gone. 

That's a bummer.  As I've said before, Rex is a character I thought was smart to add as he has history/ties to the show, but not a huge amount of previous stories to navigate around.  And I've been liking him, I dunno, his dawg-ness has made him feel more real than some other characters, if that makes sense.  And I've been liking having a group of "thirty"-somethings just bouncing off each other.  In fairness, it might help me personally that I wasn't watching when OG Rex was on nor when KL played Brady.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

True if he legally dead he might want to undue that to run unless in Salem you don’t have to be alive to be elected official 😂 

Well, Abe is the current Mayor and his vital signs have been faint for quite some time......

Perhaps Salem should bring in a real expert to determine Jack's viability....

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's a bummer.  As I've said before, Rex is a character I thought was smart to add as he has history/ties to the show, but not a huge amount of previous stories to navigate around.  And I've been liking him, I dunno, his dawg-ness has made him feel more real than some other characters, if that makes sense.  And I've been liking having a group of "thirty"-somethings just bouncing off each other.  In fairness, it might help me personally that I wasn't watching when OG Rex was on nor when KL played Brady.

I was indifferent to Rex and Cassie in their original run. I thought that making them Bradys limited them as characters.  I did like OG Rex and Mimi, they were hot.  I also thought that Cassie and Lucas were super hot and they were about to do the deed, until they were told that they were siblings. Another missed opportunity for Lucas to have a viable love interest other than Sami. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I don't think merely hitting on people (and I assume we're about to find out today Xander and Leo didn't sleep together) is grounds for divorce/annulment.  Besides, Sonny can't pursue either until he neutralizes Leo's blackmail.

• Love 2

What kind of leverage could Xander gain on Eve that he wouldn't already have, given he helped set her whole Jack scheme into motion?  And to what end?

It's kinda weird that Will and Sonny are falling further and further into the background in this Leo story.  Marlena's dealing with Diana, Leo's hitting on Brady now, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Leo can leave anytime but his momma played by Judith Chapman can stay. Fine actress that she is.

She should be Anjelica Devereaux and not Diana Colville. I fear that Ron is going to make Diana like Kristen and be an obstacle for Jarlena.  Jarlena does not need anymore interlopers. 

• Love 8

Based on the Judith Chapman TV Guide interview I read, you should be concerned.  I just...I get casting her so she and Greg Rikaart are playing mom and son again, and obviously soap stars coming back as different characters is a thing (I.e. the current setup with Brady and Rex), but why not just make her some trashy Roxy Balsom-esque monster mom?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Was Diana Colville a schemer when she was played by Genie Francis all those years ago?  I can't find any info about the character.

No, she was a heroine who loved Rojohn and his kids and they loved her just as much. She dumped Rojohn and left town. So, she has no reasons to want revenge against Jarlena.  She never knew Marlena, but, was haunted by her presence in Rojohn's life, it made sense, since Marlena was dead and Rojohn was grieving her, but, they got past it.   Diana was an environmental activist and a journalist who brought the Spectator and Jack brought it under her and became her boss, creating conflict between the two.  Victor was also obsessed with her and her evil mother practically sold her to Victor.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

My desktop is old and cranky and gave me a bunch of blank screens, so I finally looked Diana Colville up on my phone a found a biography for her.  There was a bit about how she schemed to frame Victor for the theft of something in an act of revenge against him, and it made RoJohn angry with her.  But I had a hard time believing Genie Francis was playing the type of troublemaker back then that Judith Chapman usually plays, and it sounds like she'll be playing now.  

Hopefully, my love for Judith Chapman will override what sounds like a case of character assassination.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

My desktop is old and cranky and gave me a bunch of blank screens, so I finally looked Diana Colville up on my phone a found a biography for her.  There was a bit about how she schemed to frame Victor for the theft of something in an act of revenge against him, and it made RoJohn angry with her.  But I had a hard time believing Genie Francis was playing the type of troublemaker back then that Judith Chapman usually plays, and it sounds like she'll be playing now.  

Hopefully, my love for Judith Chapman will override what sounds like a case of character assassination.  

She only went after Victor because he messed with her first. Victor tried to force her into marriage and Rojohn saved her from Victor's evil clutches.  Diana was far from a troublemaker. When she and Rojohn went to Stefano's island to save Carrie and Benji. She saw a woman who looked like Marlena from afar and she told him about it, this was when she was very insecure about Marlena's ghost.  Stefano had hired an actress to pretend to be Marlena to mess with Rojohn and Diana.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who is threatening Chloe now?

I've read on twitter that it's connected to the Mexican cartel story.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So they are going with Chloe and Stefan?  I thought Gabi was getting stuck with him.

I'd read a few months ago that Stefan would be paired off of sorts with Chloe once he was out of Chabby hell. I think that they'll eventually go the route of Gabi/Stefan, though. I think this is just a bump in the road. I already dread Brady's reaction to Stefan and Chloe being around each other. 

• Love 1

I'll actually be really happy if Stefan O. veering to Chloe first means that the part of the story where Gabi and Stefan O. are at war with each other last longer.  I just hope Gabi doesn't sit on the shelf without a lot to do in that case, a la JJ before they introduced Haley.

But if Chloe goes to Stefan O., who will Brady target with his sex magic next?

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I think it’s strange he is hitting on straight men. 

Where has MBB disappeared to!

• Love 3

Man Bun Bartender!  He's the one who advised Sonny on his dating app, putting him and Leo together.

Don't be embarrassed, it's been a minute since we saw him.  I guess I'm still sad my spec about him and Leo being in league never panned out.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man Bun Bartender!  He's the one who advised Sonny on his dating app, putting him and Leo together.

Don't be embarrassed, it's been a minute since we saw him.  I guess I'm still sad my spec about him and Leo being in league never panned out.

Hahahahahaha -- of course! 

• Love 1