Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I love that Ben is already on to her and is letting her know he's no fool. I can't wait for this to I evitably backfire.

How sad is it that at one time, back in the 80's Hope was my favorite character. Now I'm rooting for a serial killer over her. 

• Love 8

September 17

Monday September 17:

Ben tries to convince Ciara he's been set up.

Marlena is taken off life support, and her family prepares for the worst.

Sami and Belle are thrown when they get a chilly reception from a loved one.

Tuesday September 18:

Hope and Rafe argue when he questions if she planted the evidence against Ben.

Shawn admits to Belle he has doubts about his mother.

Wednesday September 19:

A protective Chloe puts Bonnie on notice, warning her not to mess with Lucas.

Thursday September 20:

Gabi drugs Abigail as part of her mysterious plan.

Abe and Sheila clash when he accuses her of stealing. 

Lucas receives the paternity test.

Lani gives Eli her decision about whether or not they should pursue a relationship. 

Friday September 21:

John finds himself facing a new obstacle.

Eve makes a last-ditch attempt to persuade Jennifer not to tell Eric the truth.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Does forensics guy Shawn have a job in Hong Kong?

I wonder who the loved one is who gives Belle and Sami the cold shoulder.

54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eric, given his past as a priest. I could see him being against the DNR.  

Maybe John?  I could see being reluctant to follow the DNR.  I'm sort of surprised, though, that he doesn't already know about it.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe John?  I could see being reluctant to follow the DNR.  I'm sort of surprised, though, that he doesn't already know about it.

I think that Kristen must have planted it in Marlena's papers. I know that it is farfetched, but, this is Days..

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Belle said she gave the papers to her mother.

Belle found the DNR in her mother's papers, but, Marlena had made her health proxy in the event she got too ill to make decisions for herself.  Those are two separate things. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Belle found the DNR in her mother's papers, but, Marlena had made her health proxy in the event she got too ill to make decisions for herself.  Those are two separate things. 

Belle told Eric that she had given the forms to Marlena, but never followed up to see if she signed them.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Belle told Eric that she had given the forms to Marlena, but never followed up to see if she signed them.

I still find the whole thing suspicious.  We will know if she truly sign this when she wakes up.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, tribeca said:

What is mime sex ?

You really don't want to know. But here's the answer:

Spoiler

Hope thought Zach's father was Stefano  who she'd had sex with in a submarine (when she thought she was Princess Gina). But then it was retconned so that Bo, posing as a mime, had sex with her that she didn't remember.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

What is mime sex ?

If I remember correctly, it was originally believed that Zack's father was John.  Apparently Hope and John were in Princess Gina and Pawn mode and had submarine sex while John and Marlena were supposed to be on their honeymoon.   The show decided to recton Zack's conception by creating a flashback wherein Hope, as Princess Gina, had sex with a mime who was (hypnotized?) Bo.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am loling so hard right now!

Man I wish I could locate a Bo-as_Mime pic for you.  You think you're laughing now?  Holy shit, that story was ridiculous, from Submarine to Mime Sex and all the brain chips in between, 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

As stupid as mime sex was, it would have been wrong for Zack to be John's son.. I welcomed the retcon...John and Hope sharing a child is on the same level of bad as Shayla, yuck..

It was more wrong if Zack was Stefano's kid. Didn't the show had some sort of voter campaign so fans could pick the Daddy?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It was more wrong if Zack was Stefano's kid. Didn't the show had some sort of voter campaign so fans could pick the Daddy?

Yes, there was and John won.  I hated that story. The show really went off the rails with that Princess Gina crap.  Kristian was a not a good actress to do it. I hated that Stefano had her all those years when she was believed to be dead. It would have made sense that Ernesto's secret son had her and she fell in love with him as an amnesiac. 

Edited by Apprentice79
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

OMG. I love you so much right now, AnswersWanted.   

ETA:  I genuinely miss Rolf.  Why did they leave him out of this recent Kristen return?

I do what I can, heh. 

At this point I miss Rolf and all that sort of whacky crazy the show used to do so well. At least it remained somewhat entertaining. 

Everytime I peek at spoilers I just find myself sighing, rolling my eyes and wondering if it’s worth bothering to keep up. 

I am feeling more and more once CS exits, I will follow. 

I'm astounded I still occasionally tune in, what with Kristen ruined and Theresa the town pariah. If you just kind of skim it, it's tolerable. When you watch it religiously I think it starts to do something to your brain (personal experience here).

Holy ?!? Bo as a mime is OTT crazy. Like Passions crazy. Thank you for tracking down that clip. Did they ever actually show Princess Gina and Mime Bo having the sex? Those looks those two exchanged at the end of that clip made me LOL. Such heat! Such desire!

I'll bet the sex was...robotic.

In my new headcanon, Zach died of embarrassment. There was no way he could grow up to be a healthy person after a start like that.

• Love 3

OK, who is Shelia?  

Bo as a mime was ridiculous!  My 18 year old son came in to see what I was cackling about and we both had a good laugh.  He loves soaps and will even watch B&B and Y&R (but not GH!) unless a sporting event is on.  We're both a little sad DOOL isn't this silly/fun anymore.

Nevermind:  I was tuned out during the T-Boz, Bonnie/Adrienne, Marlena/Hattie story.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

Oh I didn't even think that when I saw the promo, that it could be Hattie.  If it is, she's not doing a...great...job at being Marlena.

I'm kinda here for it being Marlena actually.  Her dragging her daughters for trying to kill her is pretty hilarious.  And, because Ron, you know people will start wondering if she's been possessed AGAIN.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Roman and John switched Marlena with Hattie to circumvent the DNR.

As much as I frankly don't care if Doc really did die, I gotta admit, this would be pretty ingenious of John and Roman if true.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh I didn't even think that when I saw the promo, that it could be Hattie.  If it is, she's not doing a...great...job at being Marlena.

I'm kinda here for it being Marlena actually.  Her dragging her daughters for trying to kill her is pretty hilarious.  And, because Ron, you know people will start wondering if she's been possessed AGAIN.

YES please. I laughed way too hard at that promo. It reminded me of when Marlena was possessed in bed in giant sunglasses giving Carrie the absolute worst relationship advice.

• Love 4

Week of September 24

Monday September 24:

Brady gets upsetting news concerning Tate.

Tuesday September 25:

Eric confronts Brady, and all hell breaks loose!

Wednesday September 26:

Eve makes a huge confession to Brady.

Thursday September 27:

Sami searches for Kristen at the DiMera mansion and finds herself in a precarious situation.

Friday September 28:

Kristen bursts into Marlena’s hospital room, ready to finish the job.

Abe presides over an unusual wedding.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ew. Thanks Ron.  Just give her a chainsaw while you're at it.

With everything Kristen has done over the years this isn't exactly character assassination.  This is exactly the kind of thing Eileen's version would have done as well.

• Love 4

I respect your opinion guys but I have to disagree. I realize the show is desperate for a good villain now, and that Ron is exactly the kind of writer who has characters do big OTT things to keep the show lively... but I can't reconcile anything that Kristin has done lately with the character we've been presented previously. Maybe I have to chalk some of that up to the way Eileen humanized Kristen's Insanity over the years. I just feel the character is smarter than all the stuff she's done since she came back. She had time to plan what her revenge would be and this is the shit show she came up with? She really thought she could pull a gun on Marlena in a public Town Square setting and not have to run and find a place to hide? She's surprised that "everyone hates her"?

The Kristen I know would have found some way for Marlena to get shot without implicating herself and slipped the DNR paperwork in if she was going to go this route. She would have allowed herself to stay "dead" so as to carry out her plans, the same way Stefano did in the past.

This is cartoonish...same as Sami's breaking Ben out of a mental institution to choke Will. Even Kate shooting Vivian felt like a stretch. Kate is too smart and way too invested in her business life to risk getting blood on her hands when Vivian is such a slow-moving target that would be easy to bump off pretty much any other way.

Ron's flair works well with characters like Susan and Bonnie and Hattie, whom we expect to be a little OTT. Writing Kristen well requires subtlety and the understanding that she is a human being and not some evil witch who can drop from a cliffside and be completely fine with practically no explanation... and then again from another building without a scratch.

Ron doesn't seem to care as much for the logic of his plot points as their dramatic effect. Look what he did to Eve for the sake of a dramatic custody battle - she was never that cruel towards her sister in the past, and I doubt that Brady and all his mess put such a spell on her that she would, with no remorse, steal her sister's man after she was raped for 2 years by Mexican drug lord, and then advocate for her child to be taken away from her as well.

Kristen's plans in the 90s were far more clever and cautious then what she's been up to lately. And her back was against the wall in the 90s because she saw John was slipping away from her and she had to produce a baby she was no longer pregnant with. There were ticking clocks in all directions and even in the midst of that kind of pressure, Kristen thought more clearly than she has lately. Why throw away her freedom like this? Because head writer Ron wanted Kristen to show up at Marlena's wedding with a gun come hell or high water, with or without Eileen, regardless of how completely implausible that would be. Kristin pulling a gun on Marlena when Marlena shows up at the Italian Castle the same night but Kristen has to kill Brady, Theresa and Melanie and perform an operation on Tate? That feels earned. This isn't. Kristen is acting like she has absolutely no options and is improvising this whole thing. That's not the character I know and love, even when she is in villain mode.

I guess we'll see how this whole confrontation goes once Kristen gets into the hospital.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I respect your opinion guys but I have to disagree. I realize the show is desperate for a good villain now, and that Ron is exactly the kind of writer who has characters do big OTT things to keep the show lively... but I can't reconcile anything that Kristin has done lately with the character we've been presented previously. Maybe I have to chalk some of that up to the way Eileen humanized Kristen's Insanity over the years. I just feel the character is smarter than all the stuff she's done since she came back. She had time to plan what her revenge would be and this is the shit show she came up with? She really thought she could pull a gun on Marlena in a public Town Square setting and not have to run and find a place to hide? She's surprised that "everyone hates her"?

The Kristen I know would have found some way for Marlena to get shot without implicating herself and slipped the DNR paperwork in if she was going to go this route. She would have allowed herself to stay "dead" so as to carry out her plans, the same way Stefano did in the past.

This is cartoonish...same as Sami's breaking Ben out of a mental institution to choke Will. Even Kate shooting Vivian felt like a stretch. Kate is too smart and way too invested in her business life to risk getting blood on her hands when Vivian is such a slow-moving target that would be easy to bump off pretty much any other way.

Ron's flair works well with characters like Susan and Bonnie and Hattie, whom we expect to be a little OTT. Writing Kristen well requires subtlety and the understanding that she is a human being and not some evil witch who can drop from a cliffside and be completely fine with practically no explanation... and then again from another building without a scratch.

Ron doesn't seem to care as much for the logic of his plot points as their dramatic effect. Look what he did to Eve for the sake of a dramatic custody battle - she was never that cruel towards her sister in the past, and I doubt that Brady and all his mess put such a spell on her that she would, with no remorse, steal her sister's man after she was raped for 2 years by Mexican drug lord, and then advocate for her child to be taken away from her as well.

Kristen's plans in the 90s were far more clever and cautious then what she's been up to lately. And her back was against the wall in the 90s because she saw John was slipping away from her and you she had to produce a baby she was no longer pregnant with. There were ticking clocks in all directions and even in the midst of that kind of pressure, Kristen thought more clearly than she has lately. Why throw away her freedom like this? Because head writer Ron wanted Kristen to show up at Marlena's wedding with a gun come hell or high water, with or without Eileen, regardless of how completely implausible that would be. Kristin pulling a gun on Marlena when Marlena shows up at the Italian Castle the same night but Kristen has to kill Brady, Theresa and Melanie and perform an operation on Tate? That feels earned. This isn't. Kristen is acting like she has absolutely no options and is improvising this whole thing. That's not the character I know and love, even when she is in villain mode.

I guess we'll see how this whole confrontation goes once Kristen gets into the hospital.

So, Kristen is not an evil human being.. I guess Stefano was a sweet kind old man who was misunderstood and maligned by Salem. Mileage varies, her list of crimes speak for themselves. Kristen is played out and for once I agree with Ron's take on a character.  I wish that the show would write out the Dimeras and create new villains. Clyde was a good villain and the show should have build on that.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2