Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Wonderful news if it is true that Daniel (the character) is leaving.  I find my dislike (hatrid really) for that character ruins my enjoyment of the show whenever he is on, or even mentioned.  Funnily enough, I kinda like Melanie, though I don't miss her now that she is gone.

I too would like if they brought back Jack.  And if they brought back Shane too, I would be a very happy viewer.

• Love 3
(edited)

I also would like to see legacy characters like Andrew and Sonny's brothers that were born on the show to come back, so that they can take over for the veterans.. We need the next generations of Hortons, Kiriakis, Brady, Johnson and new families to mix it up to move forward...

Ken Corday has said that there will be a revolving doors of returns, some will be permanent and some will just add to current storylines throughout the celebration that will last till May 2016. I am pretty sure that we will see Carrie, Austin, Their son, Shane, Kim, Billie, Frankie, Chelsea, Stefanie coming to town for one reason or another... They still have ties on canvas....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

I also hope the rumors re: Shawn Christian are true. I just do not like his character at all.

Currently, my favorite actors/actresses on the show are Jen Lilley, Casey Moss, Billy Flynn, Kassie dePaiva, and Daniel Cosgrove. I'm disappointed to see Daniel Cosgrove go, since he does well as Aiden, and he seems charming.

EDIT: I forgot about Meredith Scott Lynn. Anne often brings a refreshing change-of-pace to the show, and she has some great lines.

Edited by amish40
  • Love 5

Judging by comments at the bottom of the page, looks like we aren't the only ones who want Daniel (the character) gone.

Ouch. The venom for St. Daniel is strong. Will he be smothered to death in his own self importance? I would prefer poisoned self tanner (Kate are you listening?)

• Love 3

I also hope the rumors re: Shawn Christian are true. I just do not like his character at all.

Currently, my favorite actors/actresses on the show are Jen Lilley, Casey Moss, Billy Flynn, Kassie dePaiva, and Daniel Cosgrove. I'm disappointed to see Daniel Cosgrove go, since he does well as Aiden, and he seems charming.

I love everyone on your list as well.  All I'd add at this point would be John Aniston.  Although I'm not so fond of Victor at the moment, I do enjoy Aniston's acting.  He actually knows how, and that's not true of everyone in the cast.

• Love 3

Let's add Lauren Koslow to the list, she's entertaining to watch, punching Adrienne is kind of a savior for any character. I'm now just watching for Jen Lilley & Lauren Koslow mostly and Freddie Smith until he departs. 

Please if Soap Gods are reading this, Dark Roast Dan will be GONE forever and just kill the character off.

• Love 4

Can't imagine SC leaving by choice. Roles for him considering his age and look and skill level might be hard to come by. Unless he is choosing to work full time in philanthropy which I know the actor is heavily involved in.

Anyhow days budget is lousy and they are bringing on a bunch of vets so I don't know how they will afford all of that. The wardrobe and sets already aren't fab so can't see cuts there.

• Love 1

Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Despite his anger, Eric wants to team up with Serena to get the goods on Xander.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Stefano confers with Victor about their mutual problem – Clyde.

Rafe and Hope are flustered when Kate notes how chummy they’ve become.

Thursday, July 9, 2015
Theresa is unhappy to find Brady bonding with the new nanny.
Lucas wonders if Adrienne wants a divorce from Justin after all.

Friday, July 10, 2015
Abigail is stunned when she suspects she’s pregnant!

----------------

Stefano and Victor - YAH!!!

Brady and the nanny - Bwahhh

Abby - give me strength.

• Love 3

I legit adore Jen Lilley and think she's probably one of the best actors on the show and most definitely the best looking. Dear GOD let the speculation of SC leaving be true and the pregnancy for Abifail be untrue.

• Love 3

Between Brady having the hots for the nanny and Abigail possibly being pregnant, I am not at all thrilled with these spoilers.

Oh well. If that's the price we pay for getting rid of Dr. Daniel Jonas, it's a deal.

• Love 5

There are rumors swirling around that Shawn Christian is out and it will be his choice to leave..Yes! Thank you! praise the lord!....Go join your insipid daughter in Europe Dr. Tan....Leave and never grace our screens ever again with your orange face and your  blustering, know-it-all attitude..Bye Felicia!

All of the Tomsell creations are dropping like flies, I am as happy as a pig in shit...Three cheers for Dena Higley and Josh Griffith....Yahooooooooo! I just want Mathew Ashford to come back as Jack Devereaux and Philip Kiriakis to reclaim his son Parker....

Glad you're happy, I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. All my years watching Days down the drain. I'm quitting watching the show permanently. The new writers have driven me away.

I have mixed feelings about this whole anniversary deal.  I thought it might be fun if these characters came back for, say, a week.  Even though Alice Horton's funeral was terribly sad and it really felt like many of the actors, especially the old-timers, were truly mourning the loss of Francis Reid, it was enjoyable seeing characters that hadn't been around in a while.

I don't understand what the plan is here, though.  If this parade of old characters in and out is supposed to last until next May, who stays and who goes? I'm not terribly invested in the current storylines (except Sonny's) but it seems like a lot of the current ones are going to just be abandoned for Old Home Week, and then what happens? I'd need time to get into new storylines involving characters like Belle and right now it all sounds very abrupt. 

I'm also concerned that if Sonny's gone and Sparkles is no longer filming that Will will be without a partner, raising his daughter and gay in name only.  I hope the writers haven't caved to any kind of pressure to go that way.

• Love 2
I'd need time to get into new storylines involving characters like Belle and right now it all sounds very abrupt. 

I didn't want to quote your entire post, so just snipped this sentence.  However, the new writer's storylines, can't be much worse than the "new" storylines we've been suffering through with "new" characters who ended up being temporary anyway - Melanie, Serena, Xander (and his doppleganger Damon), and possibly Aiden, Paul, Clyde, Ben and Jordan who's already gone.

At least if the new storylines involve the core families/characters, that should make it easier to get interested in them. And it will certainly make it easier for any former fans who return for the anniversary to follow.

• Love 2

Glad you're happy, I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. All my years watching Days down the drain. I'm quitting watching the show permanently. The new writers have driven me away.

The new writers work hasn't begun to air yet.  There may have been a few tweaks here and there, but we shouldn't begin to see their work much until the end of July at the earliest.

At least if the new storylines involve the core families/characters, that should make it easier to get interested in them. And it will certainly make it easier for any former fans who return for the anniversary to follow.

I agree.  My main conern lat the present is the loss of Daniel Cosgrove.  Guess I have to wait and see.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Daniel Cosgrove has a place on canvas, even if he is not with Hope...I have a feeling that Kristian Alfonso who plays  Hope  is not happy with this decision. She truly enjoyed working with him. Aiden and Haiden suffered from poor writing and characterization, just like everybody under this regime....This was the worst writing team in the history of Days..We have had a few stinkers, but Tomsell were an abomination together..Their adulation of the orange doctor to the detriment of beloved characters was disgusting and alienated alot of viewers...The new writers material will begin to air in late August... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Some spoilers:

Monday July 6:

Nicole is shaken by an encounter with Xander.

Tuesday July 7:

JJ is stunned when he learns who’s been spying on him.

Wednesday July 8:

Abigail is jealous when she learns Chad has invited Zoe to the summer picnic.

Friday July 10:

Adrienne and Lucas find a way to reconnect.

Bo is actually the only returning character I am really looking forward to.  I was about 14 or 15 when Bo and Hope got together so I guess they're the big supercouple that remains in my mind and it's always bugged me when they weren't together. 

I agree that some of these storylines like Serena and that fucking elephant couldn't be worse than anything they dream up for the returning characters....hmm, maybe I am just grumpy about Sonny's departure and Sparkles' status being uncertain. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the reason that Sparkle's future is uncertain is the way that Tomsell inserted him in Jarlena's history...There was no need to make him John's son. His connection to Sonny and their chemistry was enough to build from there...Instead they changed history to make him relevant..I am not a Sparkle fan because of that, it reminds me too much of Daniel and his insipid daughter...However, I do think Christopher is a good actor and he should be on the show...Having a gay man of color is great, and it shows you the diversity in the gay world..Tomsell like Shonda Rhymes rely too much on shocking twists and not enough characterization..I despise Scandal with the heat of a thousand sun because of that..My apologies to the scandal fans on this board...

The Sonny/Paul/Will triangle is horrible and the new writers are probably trying to salvage this story by putting Paul on ice..Rumor has it that Freddie is still taping on the show as a recurring character..I am hoping that Higley will get him back on the show as a contract actor. She loves Sonny and she brought him back on the show because she is a big Justin/ Adrienne fan. She never really got to write for him and Wilson, before she got fired...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

Left Phalange?  I've been no fan of your advocating violence over and over again but I completely agree when it comes to Abby.

Also, everybody hates Bo.  What, so Hope can get abused some more?

Edited by QuelleC

The new writers work hasn't begun to air yet.  There may have been a few tweaks here and there, but we shouldn't begin to see their work much until the end of July at the earliest.

I agree.  My main conern lat the present is the loss of Daniel Cosgrove.  Guess I have to wait and see.

I loved Haiden and the new writers are the ones who fired Daniel Cosgrove, so yes the new writers have driven me away. I don't care what the write or when it starts to air. They can't write anything to keep me watching.

• Love 1

Abigail would be the worst mother ever and if the spawn if fathered by Ben he's a moron and the grandpa would be a pedophile. If fathered by Chad it will be part of family of mobsters and lunatics. What a lucky baby. RME.

I hope it gets stolen then Nicole finds it and adopts it. Hell the baby could be raised by feral cats and be better off than in Abigail's clutches.

• Love 2

The heroine status that have been attributed to Abifail should be given to Stefanie...I would like to see her come back.....Abigail as played by Ashley Benson was a heroine displaying her Horton roots...Kate's mansi's Abigail is more of a vixen with her Johnson genes on display...

• Love 1

The heroine status that have been attributed to Abifail should be given to Stefanie...I would like to see her come back.....Abigail as played by Ashley Benson was a heroine displaying her Horton roots...Kate's mansi's Abigail is more of a vixen with her Johnson genes on display...

Stephanie has been ruined by her messing with Parker's birth records.

• Love 2

Tuesday July 7:

JJ is stunned when he learns who’s been spying on him.

It better not be Eve. Keep her out of the kiddie pool, please!

And Abifail is worried she might be pregnant? Did she learn absolutely nothing from when she thought she might be pregnant with EJ's baby and leaned on EJ's fiancee for support through that ordeal?? A better person would have been shamed enough to resolve to be extra careful with birth control in future.

• Love 3

Forty year old, lying, serial cheating EJ never used birth control so why would anyone else?

Why oh why didn't Sami get to follow through and destroy those two worthless idiots?

With the departure of Aiden, Daniel, Paige, and Sonny how many leaving in the last year does that make?

• Love 2

I like Sal Stowers and that Louise Brooks do worked for her face LOL. But yes her hair is long and layered now and she's acting. Good lets see if she sparks with Chad. They probably will put her with Brady though.

• Love 1

Stephanie has been ruined by her messing with Parker's birth records.

why would she do such a thing..this was just another way for Tomsell to trash another legacy character....We all know that Parker is Philip's son and not for Dr. Tan...

• Love 1
(edited)

It is all speculation that she will die, but based on the tweets that KDP sent out, it looks like Paige will  go down a dark path that will lead to her death.  I have mixed emotions about that. There is something wrong with Shane's granddaughter dying. They never really tied her to the Bradys and John Black. John and Shane were best friends, when they thought that he was Roman, and remained that way, even after the Real Roman came back... Tomsell missed those important familial connections when crafting their stories. Paige should have had scenes with Will, Ari, Caroline, Marlena, Hope, Kim, Shane, Kayla, e.t.c..Instead they made her an honorary Horton...Shane should have come back and had scenes with her, to make  her connect with us, just like they did with Sonny and his parents....Aiden and Clyde will die as well...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)

They should send Paige out of town and bring her back at another time...I really wish that they had fleshed out her character more...I would  have loved to have seen Shane with her..I am pretty sure that Shane has doted on her in a way that he could not do with Eve..So much wasted potential, they should have brought Shane back and play out those beats....It would make Paige's death have some type  of meaning....Once again Tomsell has dropped the ball....Andrew should  have been involved as well...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Now, I hear Lauren Boles is leaving/left. Why would Days get rid of a legacy character? Especially, since the father of said legacy character is coming back to the show. The girl could actually act whereas the kid (who is much younger) can't act at all but then again he may be gone, too. This has to be the fast revolving door in soap history.

• Love 2
(edited)

Most of the recurring cast are being written out as well. Riley Bodenstab (Cole) and Alisha Boe (Daphne) are among the additional cast exits. The woman who plays Maxine is probably out as well. She got cast in the tv show Suits..

I remember a few months ago, there was a script that was leaked on tweeter about the show and in the script it listed that 17 characters were in it..At the time there was speculation that it was for Sonny's funeral, when we found out that Freddie was leaving the show. It makes sense that it would be for Paige's funeral.. I can see everybody coming to support Shane at this time, more so than Eve...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

So, if Paige dies that means JJ & Eve will become even bigger head cases. Sounds like fun. LOL!!! I agree with an earlier post about bringing all the fan faves back. I like the idea but I didn't neccesarly want the current to get fired. The one I'm most disappointed about is Aiden. Daniel Cosgrove is awesome. He loves the genre and loves KA. Also, it would be an awesome triangle of Bo, Hope & Aiden. Very 80's. LOL!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

Now, I hear Lauren Boles is leaving/left. Why would Days get rid of a legacy character? Especially, since the father of said legacy character is coming back to the show. The girl could actually act whereas the kid (who is much younger) can't act at all but then again he may be gone, too. This has to be the fast revolving door in soap history.

Ciara is coming back as an older teen....The same for Chase, Joey,Theo and Claire....I am very happy about Theo, that means we will see more of Abe....We need Allie, Johnny and Sydney as well...I always loved the dynamic between Allie and Ciara. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I really, really don't want a dead Paige.  My fondness for the character has waxed and waned, so it's not that so much.  I just can't see any possible reason, and certainly no upside for such a storyline, other than cheap shock value.  Eve will be completely rudderless without her daughter, and JJ will be stuck in Mopesville USA for the rest of his time in Salem.  And the moaning and groaning and endless "WHY"?? from Jenn and Abigail, while Daniel assures them that they're just SOOOPER folks and it's not their fault and did he tell them they're just SOOOPER FOLKS?  

I guess the only upside would be seeing Maggie in her mourning/funeral outfit.  I envison a Yvonne DeCarlo Lily Munster in heavy drag sort of look.  Just imagine the little girl whimpers and moans coming out of that mummy.

• Love 5

I don't like her death either.It seems gratuitous, Paige is Shane's granddaughter and that has to count for something. However, If this ushers in Andrew on the canvas, then I am all for it...I hope the show use the vets to showcase their children and grandchildren. They are the future of the show...

• Love 2