Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Watch Me

Olivia is repulsive.

She is always right? I watched 6 season that has proved many times that she was wrong including telling Mellie that she has to fix up her mess with the ambassador when it was Olivia who put on a target on the ambassador's son.

• Love 9

Ugh. All Olivia all the time, being all #girlboss and making me go “ugh” every ten seconds.

I used to like Olivia. 

At least Fitz wasn’t around, aside from his brief screenshot on tv. He’s making jam in Vermont I guess.

No one wanted b613 back. 

My favorite moments watching this show are the commentary I have with the people I’m watching with, when Jake and Olivia were hooking up:

”isn’t Jake married still? To Terri Schuster?”

”Didn’t she die?”

”No, she was just drunk a lot because she married Jake but she’s still very much alive”

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7

Boy, Olivia IS her fathers daughter. 

Why she wants Fitz when she has Jake, I'll never know,I'm just glad he took his pants off, on then off again, best part of the hour.( sigh)

Who didn't see the sexual tension between Liv and Pryce, called that one.

Setting Cyrus up was pretty cool,and he passed, or guessed it was a set up.

• Love 2

Liv looks like she has had some nose work.  Really smelling herself.  I guess blackmail as the go to thing must be easier on her conscience than just killing a problem.  That's different. I mean sure she has done it before but not for Luna Vargas. I was not even remotely surprised that the Cyrus thing was a set up. She knows what he is and it would be very unwise to forget that. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

No one wanted b613 back.

To be fair, neither did Olivia.  She looked pretty sickened when Jake even said its name.

53 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I was not even remotely surprised that the Cyrus thing was a set up. She knows what he is and it would be very unwise to forget that. 

I was very surprised that it was a setup.  Just not that it was Olivia's setup.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I was very surprised that it was a setup.  Just not that it was Olivia's setup.

I kept thinking it was a Mellie setup since she was laying it on thick with her "thank you for being a friend" speech to Cyrus.

Olivia is entirely too smug and self-satisfied already. I predict Eli is right and she's in for a fall. 

• Love 4

I prefer the blackmailing, backbiting, and double dealing.  It's more realistic than the we are all on the same side now crap.  What I don't understand is Olivia's longing looks at Fitz.  It's not like Olivia has a hard time attracting pretty men.  Also, if Olivia and Fitz really wanted to be together, wouldn't it have been simpler to have Fitz finish out his last term, divorce Mellie, and then Fitz/Olivia leave Washington D.C. together.

Huck still makes me laugh, "You guys take me for granted."

Well, after the debacle that was last season, I watched this episode to see if I should even bother with the final season.

No.

There is not even one character I find remotely like able, and Olivia is the worst of all them. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm all for girl power, but her ego is now bigger than her father's. 

Liv is her father, right down to the over baked Shakespearean soliloquy that she delivered to Mellie. Blackmail, threatening the murder of a child? What next? Will Liv start looking for dinosaur fossils?

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

Liv is her father, right down to the over baked Shakespearean soliloquy that she delivered to Mellie. Blackmail, threatening the murder of a child? What next? Will Liv start looking for dinosaur fossils?

I know. I couldn't believe she threatened to murder a child. But I didn't mention that last night, because it took me down the list of things that are incomprehensible, like Fitz being fine with the man who murdered his son, being free, all because he's the father of the woman he's obsessed with. 

• Love 2

Cyrus being VP is still nine kinds of ridiculous but ridiculous is par for the course on Scandal, eh?

Six seasons in and they're still using sexual indiscretions for basic blackmail. Yawn.

They seemed to have upped the hair game though. I thought Abby and Liv's 'dos looked fabulous. However, Mellie's looks like a bad wig to me. As POTUS you'd think she could get the best.

So who is going to be the one to take to take Olivia Pope down once and for all? She isn't just flying too close to the sun, she's heading directly into it. I envision a Julius Caesar on the Ides of March scenario for her where the people she thinks she's controlling unite to end her reign of terror.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mwell345 said:

There is not even one character I find remotely like able, and Olivia is the worst of all them. 

Yep, and yet for some reason I can't stop watching. I gave up on Grey's when they killed off McDreamy, I ditched HTGAWM halfway through the first season and I didn't make it all the way through the second episode of Starcrossed, but somehow Shonda got me hooked on this one and I'll watch it to the bitter end. It may be because I like the cast itself, even if I hate the characters they play.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yep, and yet for some reason I can't stop watching. I gave up on Grey's when they killed off McDreamy, I ditched HTGAWM halfway through the first season and I didn't make it all the way through the second episode of Starcrossed, but somehow Shonda got me hooked on this one and I'll watch it to the bitter end. It may be because I like the cast itself, even if I hate the characters they play.

I feel like a may as well watch since it is the last season.

But yeah, I don't remember ever going from loving a show/characters to hating them so much. Olivia is just awful, and I don't even get the sense that we're supposed to think she's terrible. I feel like we're supposed to think she's being some badass leader and that her speeches are empowering. 

• Love 13

Really, Liv?!?  What to say about her.  She shouldn't have let Jake back in her bed?  I was wondering WHY in the world would he be messing with her...AGAIN!?!?  How many times Jake?  How many times does it take?

For a minute, I thought Mellie was going to handle business.  But, no she let herself get walked all over again.  I don't care what Liv says, Mellie is in charge and Mellie needs to act like it.  Liv rolling the eyes and hair flip is supremely disrespectful.  Mellie should have shut Liv down and it's ridiculous that Mellie is letting Liv get away with it.

Papa Pope was still a better Command.  Looking back, it's better that he kept his distance from the White House.  Similar to David, Liv is using the B613 files to extort people.  David quit, don't remember exactly why, but that will backfire at some point.  Blackmail the wrong person, the person's calls your bluff, or person just doesn't care and it could all come crashing down.

Ultimately, Liv will cause her own downfall.  The ego has grown exponentially and she's not really that enjoyable to watch.  Much like Cyrus in the early days with his scheming, I'm looking forward to when Liv crashes and burns in a spectacular way.  Just not sure if Shonda would allow that to happen.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But yeah, I don't remember ever going from loving a show/characters to hating them so much. Olivia is just awful, and I don't even get the sense that we're supposed to think she's terrible. I feel like we're supposed to think she's being some badass leader and that her speeches are empowering. 

I think we're supposed to see her as . . . both, maybe?  Yes, she gets things done, but it is being pointed out what she's turning into.  It's being reacted to, as well.  Huck, Jake, Quinn, and even Rowan have all reacted to this change in her.

Yeah, when Olivia was blackmailing the Congressman, all I could think is, "And if someone gets her on tape, threatening people like that, Liv is toast." 

You can't keep threatening people and not believe people will call your bluff. 

I miss David Rosen being a decent human being. 

• Love 5

I

12 hours ago, PsychoDrone said:

Ultimately, Liv will cause her own downfall.  The ego has grown exponentially and she's not really that enjoyable to watch.  Much like Cyrus in the early days with his scheming, I'm looking forward to when Liv crashes and burns in a spectacular way.  Just not sure if Shonda would allow that to happen.

I don't think she will. I haven watched and don't plan to this season, but will read the forum to see if the show gets decent again at which point I may watch.  I think Shonda will never let Liv get the comeuppance she deserves and still thinks we should see Liv as awesome. That plus the complete rewrite they've done on Mellie's character just have me completely turned off the show.

Who would have thought based on the way he was brought onto the show that I would emphatically state that Jake is far too good for Olivia, who is awful beyond belief.   I hope he finds happiness without her, but I strongly suspect based on Liv’s treatment of him that Jake won’t make it out of the season alive.

Not interested in Quinn and assoiciates.  The only one I have an interest in is Huck and given who and what he is, that speaks volumes as to the content of the characters of the others on this show.  David still getting punked, he is actually the show’s longest running joke.

Poppa Pope warned Olivia that if she continues on this path she will crash and burn and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.  Liv is truly the most despicable person on the show.  I actually don’t mind her wind up with Fitz now because they are both insufferable and finally getting each other is the punishment they both deserve.  The show will sadly spin this as some great love match rather than the pairing of the lowest of the low that it is.

• Love 5
On 10/6/2017 at 1:21 PM, cali1981 said:

I liked that Eli noticed that right away. I wonder if Shonda will have the courage to show the downfall that he predicts. Pride goeth before a fall, etc. As has been said, eventually she's going to blackmail the wrong person, or the person who thinks it's more important to bring her down than to save face.

12 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Who would have thought based on the way he was brought onto the show that I would emphatically state that Jake is far too good for Olivia, who is awful beyond belief.   I hope he finds happiness without her, but I strongly suspect based on Liv’s treatment of him that Jake won’t make it out of the season alive.

Not interested in Quinn and assoiciates.  The only one I have an interest in is Huck and given who and what he is, that speaks volumes as to the content of the characters of the others on this show.  David still getting punked, he is actually the show’s longest running joke.

Poppa Pope warned Olivia that if she continues on this path she will crash and burn and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.  Liv is truly the most despicable person on the show.  I actually don’t mind her wind up with Fitz now because they are both insufferable and finally getting each other is the punishment they both deserve.  The show will sadly spin this as some great love match rather than the pairing of the lowest of the low that it is.

QPA is very boring, and how do they have any money when they have no clients? Huck is definitely the best of the bunch.

Kerry Washington looks great though. The hair is a good length, it was bouncing, and her makeup was on point (it always is).

Jay Hernandez will always be the guy from Hang Time (Saved By the Bell-esque Saturday morning show) to me, but I always like seeing him.

6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Kerry Washington looks great though. The hair is a good length, it was bouncing, and her makeup was on point (it always is).

She does look great.  I'm glad she got rid of the old lady hairstyle.  

I don't need for Olivia or anyone else to be brought down.  I need for the writers to stop trying to pretend that any of these people are the good guys, and to stop the there are certain lines we don't cross BS so we aren't as bad as so and so.  These people value power over everything else, and will do anything to get what they want.  The senator actually being a test for Cyrus was okay.  However, it would have been more accurate to go with the senator really would be willing to vote against a bill she agreed with because she wouldn't be getting the credit for it.  Instead she wants to wait, four years or longer, until her party will be the ones who can claim triumph.

Edited by TigerLynx

I don't like Liv but it's still interesting to see her work. I was surprised to not find out the envelope with which she blackmailed the senator wasn't empty. Did you all notice that Liv only wears black now?  (On a shallow nite Kerry looks fabulous and still has the best strut on tv.)

And yeah, she will definitely crash and burn at some point, and will probably end up in VT making jam. 

• Love 1