Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That does look like bell ringers in my city, especially in the shopping district during peak hours. It's nice to see her community involvement. I don't see this as her advertising herself, more like encouraging others to donate their time/money. If her "fame" means someone puts money in the bucket who otherwise would walk on by, good for Amy.

Our local radio hosts and tv news personnel, along with political figures will often ring the bells. Often they will put out some kind of challenge between them to see whose kettle collects the most.  Amy is probably doing something similar. 

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy s only fame came from marrying Matt Roloff.  He created Roloff Farms and he worked hard to get this show on the air with Amy bitching all the way!  Her roads are paved with gold thanks to Matt!  

Marriage is a partnership.   Both parties give and take to the union. That’s how the government and God both see it, I’ll leave it at that. 

• Love 12
On 12/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, Rap541 said:

Its also a bit overpriced in my opinion. I mean, I like fudge but I can get perfectly delicious fudge locally. Can't fault her for trying though. 

She was banking on her exposure and popularity from the show.  You can get those things anywhere and cheaper, so maybe it did not work out so well for her.  Did it include an autographed picture of he and Chris?

• Love 2

Good lord, what next, Matt and Caryn in their Christmas PJs declaring how awesome it is to have matching Christmas PJs? I am so not surprised that the Roloffs en masse are devoted to such a consumeristic trend - buying pajamas for a one day holiday just so they match. 

At the same time, I am intrigued at the idea of a major holiday event where all four kids and their partners show up and Chris is Amy's date and Matt is no where to be found. Hopefully this is a healthier set up for everyone - including Matt who no doubt had his own celebration with the family. 

For the record, it's increasingly hard to believe TLC writes Chris a check to publically date Amy if only because they aren't going to pay him for non filmed events. I also give the kids some credit, that if they thought Chris was a sleazy loser after Amy's money, that they'd say something.

• Love 6

Huh, I thought Amy was doing *nothing* but sitting on her ass making Matt miserable out of spite. 

Mind you, I would be genuinely shocked if this was some sort of tell all but I admit a wee bit of curiosity on this one.

Meanwhile the blurbs on amazon about Jeremy and Auj's book allude to how they had to overcome medical problems and really, these two really need to talk to people with real health issues.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Meanwhile the blurbs on amazon about Jeremy and Auj's book allude to how they had to overcome medical problems and really, these two really need to talk to people with real health issues.

I'm curious as to how their medical problems compare to those endured by Zach, Matt and Amy. Not that I expect anything resembling self-awareness from Jer and Auj, but you'd think that they could be a little sensitive. (I'm assuming that their issues are things like Audrey's broken ankle and mono, not serious medical issues.)

• Love 7

Since it's about their dating time when Auj was in college, I assume we will hear a lot about how she was on cross country but was CONSTANTLY on crutches because she was so busy overachieving, she was continually on the injured list. And you know, the horror of breaking her ankle where Satan almost took her soul until she cried out to Jesus "with blurry eyes" to hold her safe against the Dark Lord. Hilariously she also describes her two and a half months with the broken ankle as a fun time in Los Angeles where she was riding in Jeremy's bitch seat on his motorcycle so.... 

But then, there's always something dramatically wrong with Audrey that she is quick to tell you about so you know she is pushing through pain. Her mastitis was the WORST EVER SEEN and god knows we all know how she FOUGHT FOR HER MILK OH JESUS HOW SHE SCREAMED LIKE SHE WAS IN LABOR AS SHE SUCKLED HER PRECIOUS CHILD AND ENDURED THE AGONY EVERY TWO HOURS BECAUSE BREAST IS BEST AND IN JESUS'S NAME SHE IS THE BEST MAMA DESPITE THE HORROR AND AGONY!

As a decent person, I don't wish ill health or physical pain on others but I do think Auj really could use some perspective on her medical complaints. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
18 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Since it's about their dating time when Auj was in college, I assume we will hear a lot about how she was on cross country but was CONSTANTLY on crutches because she was so busy overachieving, she was continually on the injured list. And you know, the horror of breaking her ankle where Satan almost took her soul until she cried out to Jesus "with blurry eyes" to hold her safe against the Dark Lord. Hilariously she also describes her two and a half months with the broken ankle as a fun time in Los Angeles where she was riding in Jeremy's bitch seat on his motorcycle so.... 

But then, there's always something dramatically wrong with Audrey that she is quick to tell you about so you know she is pushing through pain. Her mastitis was the WORST EVER SEEN and god knows we all know how she FOUGHT FOR HER MILK OH JESUS HOW SHE SCREAMED LIKE SHE WAS IN LABOR AS SHE SUCKLED HER PRECIOUS CHILD AND ENDURED THE AGONY EVERY TWO HOURS BECAUSE BREAST IS BEST AND IN JESUS'S NAME SHE IS THE BEST MAMA DESPITE THE HORROR AND AGONY!

As a decent person, I don't wish ill health or physical pain on others but I do think Auj really could use some perspective on her medical complaints. 

Seriously.  My kids have Crohn’s and get infusions every 6 weeks and I have to give one a shot every week; neither of them complain or even think they’re “sick.”  They know how much worse off they could be. 

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 14

45EEA0F8-8DAB-45BF-BFB8-CDB04633517F.jpeg

81D9D9D5-9F62-4C24-AAD0-D76497005EAF.jpeg

amyjroloff

Our 3rd Valentine’s Day together and he keeps surprising me! ♥️. Home made card, sweet thought inside and flowers. Having a very special and memorable time in Costa Rica w/ Chris! #puravida #costarica #3rdvalentinesdaytogether#amyroloffandchrism #amyroloffssecondact

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I know they are all getting paid to hawk various products on their Instastories  but boy is it annoying and not even believable most of the time. Now Audrey, Tori AND Amy are promoting the same create your own shampoo product. 

• Love 1

*******MOD NOTE********

I wanted to make everyone aware, that going forward the "All Episodes Talk" thread is for discussion of episodes, please take all other LPBW related posts to their individual threads.  See the pinned mod post for additional information. Thank you .

I just started watching the show and I don’t know if I’m going to stick with it. This may have already been discussed but I could not help commenting.

There is an episode in Season One where is Zack is sick. He’s got a severe headache and he’s having stomach pains.

There is a scene where he is vomiting on the living room floor. My first question is, why would they let that indignity be fillmed?  

My second question is, why did they wait so long to take him to the emergency room?  I understand when you have children you can’t take them to the emergency room at a drop of a hat. But he is a little person and had a shunt In his head to drain fluid from his brain and they knew that the shunt could develop problems.  

I felt very sorry for him.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2
On 3/31/2019 at 11:25 AM, Kid said:

I just started watching the show and I don’t know if I’m going to stick with it. This may have already been discussed but I could not help commenting.

There is an episode in Season One where is Zack is sick. He’s got a severe headache and he’s having stomach pains.

There is a scene where he is vomiting on the living room floor. My first question is, why would they let that indignity be fillmed?  

My second question is, why did they wait so long to take him to the emergency room?  I understand when you have children you can’t take them to the emergency room at a drop of a hat. But he is a little person and had a shunt In his head to drain fluid from his brain and they knew that the shunt could develop problems.  

I felt very sorry for him.

Yeah, that was a mystery.  I wondered about it too. All I can say is that they sign up to have their lives revealed on tv. So, that includes what comes along. Plus, even though you're sick, I would think that they know that drama won't hurt the ratings. IMO, you don't mess around with something that could be really serious like brain damage......so, IDK.  Later on in the episodes, they seem to indicate that it might be anxiety that he was dealing with. Maybe, he had been told that before and we just didn't know it. It's hard to say.  

I do look forward to the new season.  It's likely to be contentious. lol 

• Love 1

The commercial for the upcoming new season makes it seem like Matt is going to be more aggressive in regards pushing to sell the farm. Just seeing it made me start uttering about what an ass he is.

• Love 2
(edited)

New season... a "what-if" question  popped in my mind that hopefully will be resolved soon....

Why can't Matt sell  his interest in the farm to Amy ? Amy gets the house & land and will be free to walk around re-living old memories, which should make her happy. Her sons, DIL, and grands can come at her's and/or their will to work or lounge. Amy can set up or continue the same business model the farm has to generate income. Get a restraining order for anybody she does not want to on the property.

Matt can take his payout and live where ever with or without whomever he chooses, but most importantly find a place that suit his physical needs, which should make him happy. Sounds like he was snow-birding prior to the divorce, he is getting older so it is reasonable that he will want that to continue.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow, the season opener was filmed a long time ago. Jackson is now about to turn 2.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether Amy even has the money to buy out Matt. If Matt wants out so badly, he could always trigger the nuclear option they agreed to in the divorce. I sympathize with Amy because this is a huge decision, but they've been hemming and hawing for a long time now.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Wow, the season opener was filmed a long time ago. Jackson is now about to turn 2.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether Amy even has the money to buy out Matt. If Matt wants out so badly, he could always trigger the nuclear option they agreed to in the divorce. I sympathize with Amy because this is a huge decision, but they've been hemming and hawing for a long time now.

Right. If they don't agree out of court to something, weather it is 100% morally right, perfect and fair, they might have to live with a decision that is forced upon them by a judge/jury/arbitrator.

now it seems like they have a choke-hold around each other and something has to give. They are no longer bound by " 'til death do us part".

When major corporations buy another out - don't they payout over time ? Amy could do the same with Matt - which will force her to improve upon revenue from the farm.

RE: the new season timeline - I think the mega-baby shows (sweet home sextuplets and outdaugtered) and Jazz's long awaited surgery-season, bumped them in the Tuesday line-up. But to be honest - those 3 shows had more going on and updated developments. Wasn't there a season of Cake Boss, since the Roloffs last aired ?

Edited by sATL