Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

There's another one up. :)

There's some similar answers. And interesting tidbits. My vibe is that whoever this is is clearly Team Amy but if people want, I will ask if Amy has a vicious violent temper off screen. 

• Love 4

Answer back!

I asked "There's a popular theory among some fans that Amy has a terrible temper off screen and the entire family tiptoes around her to keep from "setting her off". Is this true?"

Response - "I’ve never seen Amy act that way, but everyone has moments of weakness or anger. I can’t really comment too much on that. Everything I’ve ever seen of her has been lovely."

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Answer back!

I asked "There's a popular theory among some fans that Amy has a terrible temper off screen and the entire family tiptoes around her to keep from "setting her off". Is this true?"

Response - "I’ve never seen Amy act that way, but everyone has moments of weakness or anger. I can’t really comment too much on that. Everything I’ve ever seen of her has been lovely."

I was not able to open to the link you posted the other day.   My very old iPad mini is very temperamental and I only saw a Radar post. I even tried to google using all ( I thought)! logical terms. Is it Redit forum, then which article name or forum. I've had to reload 3 times just asking this. Thanks for any hints.  

7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

There's another one up. :)

There's some similar answers. And interesting tidbits. My vibe is that whoever this is is clearly Team Amy but if people want, I will ask if Amy has a vicious violent temper off screen. 

I’m not convinced this is a close family friend. It reads more like someone that is a server in a local restaurant, who comes in contact with the Roloffs there and in other public settings. I think she has a good awareness of their public behavior and local gossip. But,may be guessing a few things.

• Love 2

Agreed. My suspicion? It's either one of the adult children of Amy's friends or one of Izzy's friends. It's someone who does know the family and who does get invited to events but not one of the close friends. 

• Love 2

Over on FB

I thought Matt turned over this little stool business to Zack???

Matt Roloff posted 2 photos.

37 mins ·

These folks are actively helping helping little people by getting accessibly aids (stools and reaching aids) into public places such as hotels. Kudos for caring !

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Over on FB

I thought Matt turned over this little stool business to Zack???

Matt Roloff posted 2 photos.

37 mins ·

These folks are actively helping helping little people by getting accessibly aids (stools and reaching aids) into public places such as hotels. Kudos for caring !

I think he asked Zach to handle the website. The pictures from that photo shoot are up on it, and so is an outdated family picture.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

My theory on Jer and Auj quitting the show.  They think they are amazing and that the show now revolves around them.  I think they demanded more money than TLC was willing to pay.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, camom said:

My theory on Jer and Auj quitting the show.  They think they are amazing and that the show now revolves around them.  I think they demanded more money than TLC was willing to pay.

Yes, I've wondered if they were cut for purposes of cutting the shows budget.

• Love 1

If I had hired her for that speaking engagement or been an employee in attendance and had seen that post I’d be turned off immediately. If she needs to complain about a one-day change in her sleep schedule via Instagram, then I don’t want to hear her advice on how to handle real change. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 15
On 8/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, camom said:

because they are just so "special" and we all want to follow them and be just like them.

*gag*

dont let the barn door hit you on the way out

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Some of us got up at 5 every morning to go to work.  Big deal.

I got up at 500am every day to take care of my dogs and go to work

get Amy a Wahmbulance

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I know several of the kids were already in Michigan on vacation. So I doubt this was a one-day, time lag problem. 

I guess I just don't see the problem with a grumble about getting up early.  I'm not a morning person, and neither is she, apparently.  Maybe she's (somewhat too vaguely) trying to draw a comparison (getting up early is a challenge for her, perhaps - it is for me).

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, readheaded said:

For everyone who's ever said Amy's a bad mom who didn't raise good kids, take a look at Caryn's offspring:

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/little-people-big-world-caryn-chandler-son-164398

8 in-patient rehabs? Well,  we now know why Caryn needs so much money. Between that (rehabs and hospitalization) and the lawyers (to defend him even when he doesn’t show up to a court date) she’s got to spending a pretty penny. Wow. That was some eye opener @readheaded  

• Love 4

I’m going to preface my comment by saying that I raised two wonderful children to adulthood and I thank God every day that they turned out well.  There is no magic formula to that accomplishment.  We were just a tight family and did most things together and I just got really lucky.  I also know that you can be a great parent and your kids can still go astray or have problems, and that some pretty shitty parents still manage to get blessed with great kids.  All that being said, the events referenced in the article about Caryn’s son are pretty recent (2016 and 2017).  I’m just sayin . . . With all that going on with her boy at that time, perhaps the pumpkin farm and Matt Roloff’s trousers shouldn’t have been her first priority.  Maybe she did need the money - I can understand that.  But what came first, the chicken or the egg?  Was the boy acting out and rudderless while she was pursuing the aforementioned, or was she pursuing the aforementioned because she wanted the money to pay for her boy’s issues?  No matter what, I do feel for her as a mother, and I’m glad the boy has gotten himself straightened out.

• Love 11

6 years ago is when he started drugs at 13.  That’s a pretty young age, and his life sounds very rough. That’s also about the time his parents got divorced.  Look, people get divorced. They certainly don’t mean for their children to suffer negative effects. I have no idea why the boy started taking drugs, and am not pointing fingers at Mom and Dad for divorcing. Just noticing the timeline. 

However, I don’t think I’d be scurrying into or continuing a relationship with my boss while I was trying to deal with my teens addiction.  No matter how badly I wanted to keep my job. In fact, I’d be looking for a job with insurance, mental health and addiction treatment benefits. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
On 8/9/2018 at 5:02 PM, Shmoopaloop said:

Just grab a big cup of coffee and shush, Amy. I’m sure you’ll find time in the day to nap. 

Agreed. The complaint made her sound ungrateful for the opportunity, which I'm sure wasn't her intent. I like Amy, but her awkwardness with language can sometimes cause her to come across rather badly. 

• Love 2

I wanted to add comment on the topic of Caryn's son's drug recovery, but, felt it better addressed on the Roloff's in the Media thread, since, it is about something that has not been aired on an episode. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe