Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Hella Shook

• Start Topic

Molly!!! Dammit! *sigh* This will not end well. She and Dro have hella history with each other (enough so that she left Lionel's ass at her parents' house to have Dro take her home), so it's going to be more than just sex--trust and believe. 

I'm also mad that Molly let this news about her parents shake her soooo much that, like, she can no longer trust in love and the like? They were together for 35 years. Molly is 30. She couldn't have believed that her parents made it damn near four decades without some bumps and bruises, and detours and one way streets (and whatever other road metaphor) along the way. 

Also on the history business, Daniel has set himself up for heartbreak. He ain't got no hoetation, Issa! You know this! He's about to be played...again! Damn, Daniel. 

• Love 19

A lot went on this week.  I think the trailer for this episode were kind of misleading.  The stuff with Frieda and Lawrence's jury duty were blips on the radar.  The stuff with Molly and Dro, along with Issa's "hoetation" were the real meat of the episode.  They even did a quick stint in Chicago.

Cry me a river, Lawrence.  Derek spoke the plain truth, and Lawrence needed to hear all of it.  I understand him licking his wounds because of Issa's cheating, but assuming that their whole relationship was a lie, just because of some random pics with Daniel?  Of course this bogus idea conveniently lets Lawrence off the hook for taking any responsibility for their relationship falling apart.  Please.  Lawrence needs to sit his ass down and grow up.  I'm done feeling sorry for him.

Molly's histrionics at the vow renewal were unnecessary.  Like before when she learned about Dro's open marriage, I'm assuming it was a cover up for her own feelings.  You would have thought her father's mistress showed up at the reception looking for some wedding cake.  

That said, I'm starting to believe the consensus about Dro's open marriage being a sham.  Candace's frequent absence is just too suspect.  Maybe she's off having "fun" on her own, but I don't think so.  Molly was smart to acknowledge that being in an open relationship doesn't work for her, but I knew she and Dro were going to hit the sheets once they left the vow ceremony.  It was too obvious.  But I can't blame Molly too much because Dro is sexy.  His voice just does things to me, and don't even get me started on his height.  Even Lionel commented on it!  And poor Lionel.  Molly needs to let him go and stop pretending she really wants him.

If Daniel really is into Issa more than she's into him, he needs to bail.  But it wouldn't be Issa's fault this time.  She was upfront about what she wanted, and more credit to her.  Her hoetation may be awkward, but it's still a hoetation.  And gloriously awkward it is.  Dick pics and car crashes and Neighbor Bae, oh my!

The stuff with Frieda is messy.  They're both right and they're both handling it badly.  Issa is ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away, Frieda is acting passive aggressive and doesn't want to take any action.  I still think the director is going to find out and Issa's going to get in trouble for keeping this from her.

Aw, Walt from Lost was one of Molly's brothers.  Malcolm's all grown up.  I knew I recognized him.

• Love 8

It seemed like Issa was going to go most of the season chasing casual hookups but maybe the crash (and the impending crash with Daniel) is signaling an end to this phase.

Molly is distraught to find her father cheated in his marriage, bursting her bubble about her parents' marriage.

So she goes for the guy who's got a really fucked-up marriage?

They're not doing too much with the bigoted principal story line, just briefly touching base every couple of episodes?  Hope there's a big payoff coming.

It also seems pretty clear that Lawrence is headed towards swallowing his pride and wanting Issa back.   But is Issa going to be receptive when he's ready?

• Love 2

Oh Molly...why, why, why? This is not going to go well when Candace finds out. Poor Lionel, Molly didn't even know what he did for a living. Did he get stranded? 

Issa is a mess but after being in a relationship for six years, she's allowed to be. Poor Daniel. 

I was glad Lawrence got a dose of reality from his friend. Chad is hilarious but he wasn't keeping it real with Lawrence like this dude. 

Definitely watch the Wine Down after the show. Dro's portrayer was pretty funny, he paid $17.89 to make a Lawrence Hive t-shirt. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Oh Molly...why, why, why? This is not going to go well when Candace finds out. Poor Lionel, Molly didn't even know what he did for a living. Did he get stranded? 

Issa is a mess but after being in a relationship for six years, she's allowed to be. Poor Daniel. 

I was glad Lawrence got a dose of reality from his friend. Chad is hilarious but he wasn't keeping it real with Lawrence like this dude. 

Definitely watch the Wine Down after the show. Dro's portrayer was pretty funny, he paid $17.89 to make a Lawrence Hive t-shirt. 

Sarunas is funny! Out here calling himself the ambassador of LawrenceHive lol. Also, I could listen him to speak all damn day. The depth, the cadence, it's so chill. *sigh*

I'm still Team Molly You In Danger Girl!, though.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Poor Lionel, Molly didn't even know what he did for a living. Did he get stranded? 

Right?  What is that?!   I mean, I've been out with someone with whom I've had zero chemistry but I would never be so rude and dramatic.  Molly was way too extra with that reaction.  I was embarrassed for her.

• Love 8

Poor Lionel, Molly didn't even know what he did for a living. Did he get stranded? 

I saw Dro giving Lionel the room to chase after Molly, when he didn't, Dro said fuck it, if you won't go then I will. She came storming out, they both attempted to figure out what was wrong at the door. But she shooed them both away. But like I said, Dro waited for Lionel to follow and when he didn't Dro did his thing. Therefore, I don't feel bad for Lionel. Heck, Dro saved him because Molly doesn't even seem to be physically attracted to him, much less anything else.

Ah, Molly's head has got her trying to live  in a perfect world. She's got it all mapped out and as each piece starts to not look so perfect after all, she can't handle it. Again, get back into therapy Molly. She figured, well if my father can't even be faithful and my mother put up with cheating, then I might as well enter the game as well. She can rationalize it by saying to herself, well at least Dro and his wife are in an open marriage so...But that still does nothing for her since she wants a monogamous love.

I died laughing when Lawrence was looking at Kelly's video and said something to the effect of, what is wrong with her, LOL.

Poor Daniel, set yourself up to get hurt again. At least Issa put her cards on the table, she's not playing him. Now it's up to him if he wants to continue to be just friends who fuck.

Good lord, Lawrence is not made for these streets, poor guy. 

Where are they going with Issa's work situation? Where ever it is, they need to start getting there. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7

You know, I'm not even sure Dro is being honest about his "open marriage." I mean we have yet to hear from his wife who  is  OK with this kind of marriage. I don't know, I'm side eyeing him until I get to see/hear from the wife.  If Molly has allowed herself to be roped into some freaky bullshit that really isn't that freaky, but just ends up being nothing but your run of the mill adulterous affair, then Issa might have to commit her. She better get her ass back into therapy, before she really goes off the deep end over some bullshit.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 5

I'm glad that Issa is continuing to meet/date other guys instead of jumping into a relationship with Daniel. She just got out of a long monogamous relationship with Lawrence so she needs some time before she gets into another serious relationship. I was glad that she went to meet Nico because I was half expecting her to ditch him as soon as Daniel texted her. 

I loved that Lawrence got some major truth bombs from his friend about his relationship with Issa. Yes, she cheated and that's bad but their relationship was already in a steep nosedive before that happened and he played a large role in that. He has painted himself as the victim because she cheated which allowed him to avoid taking responsibility for what was wrong before Daniel entered the picture. I know it feels good to have a friend like Chad telling you that your ex sucks but sometimes you need someone who isn't just taking your side to give you a dose of reality. 

Heh, I think I love Patricia. A work retreat on Saturday is just being forced to work/interact with coworkers on the weekend!

No good will come of Molly sleeping with Dro. Even if he's telling the truth about having an open marriage, she wants a monogamous partnership with ONE man, not the girlfriend of a married man who's allowed to sleep with other people. 

I loved Curtis setting her straight about Lionel. If she's not going to go back to therapy, she needs regular sessions with Curtis!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Heh, I think I love Patricia. A work retreat on Saturday is just being forced to work/interact with coworkers on the weekend!

Oh that's her name. She had me cracking up with her commentary on kids and their dreams. Her attitude was basically, why? What's the point? LOL.  She seems burnt out, depressed and the rest of them seem out of touch.

Oh, and the casting for Molly's family members and Dro's parents was spot on, great casting. Loved Dro's parents they were cute and it was cute Molly speaking Spanish with them.  

Molly's aunts, LOL, damn they are messy, spilling tea all over the place. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1

I hate to misappropriate black culture but I'm been watching this show with my partner and we both feel like this show so speaks to us as gay men. I mean sure there are the generalities of the human condition, and we are both minority groups that are often misunderstood and marginalized but the shade, the code-switching, the cast of characters, it all feels so familiar. Like Kelli, we are both like Kelli is TOTALLY Larry.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, John M said:

I hate to misappropriate black culture but I'm been watching this show with my partner and we both feel like this show so speaks to us as gay men. I mean sure there are the generalities of the human condition, and we are both minority groups that are often misunderstood and marginalized but the shade, the code-switching, the cast of characters, it all feels so familiar. Like Kelli, we are both like Kelli is TOTALLY Larry.

You're not misappropriating the culture at all. That's the beauty of shows like these. They're relatable. Shit, I related to Looking (I still miss that show) and I'm a straight, cis, black woman. I appreciated the realism. 

We all knew it was going to happen, but I was still yelling at Molly not to do it. Dro fine, and ol' boy was putting in work, but this is going to be the hottest of messes for two reasons: 1) Their friendship is ruined. There's no turning back after sex. 2) He's married and I'm not so sure I buy the open marriage claim. I hope that he didn't just pull that out to bed Molly because that would mean he never respected her. Considering how close they are, I'd like to think he wouldn't lie, but I dunno. Behind most fine-ass dudes, lies a whiff of fuckboy. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

This was hilarious--bringing up some dirty laundry from 30 plus years ago.  Dropped that bomb and then walked off--don't even know the shit-storm they started.

This show makes me so grateful that I am out of the dating world.  My old ass could not be bothered with the craziness of the modern dating scene.  Tinder, "Kiss and Grind" and dick pics from random strangers?  I just can't.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm glad that Issa is continuing to meet/date other guys instead of jumping into a relationship with Daniel. She just got out of a long monogamous relationship with Lawrence so she needs some time before she gets into another serious relationship. I was glad that she went to meet Nico because I was half expecting her to ditch him as soon as Daniel texted her. 

I loved that Lawrence got some major truth bombs from his friend about his relationship with Issa. Yes, she cheated and that's bad but their relationship was already in a steep nosedive before that happened and he played a large role in that. He has painted himself as the victim because she cheated which allowed him to avoid taking responsibility for what was wrong before Daniel entered the picture. I know it feels good to have a friend like Chad telling you that your ex sucks but sometimes you need someone who isn't just taking your side to give you a dose of reality. 

No good will come of Molly sleeping with Dro. Even if he's telling the truth about having an open marriage, she wants a monogamous partnership with ONE man, not the girlfriend of a married man who's allowed to sleep with other people. 

I loved Curtis setting her straight about Lionel. If she's not going to go back to therapy, she needs regular sessions with Curtis!

Yeah, I'm glad that Derek dropped some truth bombs on Lawrence. But I have a feeling that he's still going to try to twist it and keep it at some, "Naw, Issa was probably messing with Daniel on and off throughout our relationship" since he spotted the two of them in the background of the picture. 

Side note: The backgrounds of pictures are always a fun thing to watch for, especially when the people in the background don't realize that there's a camera trained in their general direction. Backgrounds tell a whole other story.

1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

Oh that's her name. She had me cracking up with her commentary on kids and their dreams. Her attitude was basically, why? What's the point? LOL.  She seems burnt out, depressed and the rest of them seem out of touch.

Oh, and the casting for Molly's family members and Dro's parents was spot on, great casting. Loved Dro's parents they were cute and it was cute Molly speaking Spanish with them.  

Who's the one who looked like Pac?! I was momentarily taken aback when they first showed him.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Yeah, I'm glad that Derek dropped some truth bombs on Lawrence. But I have a feeling that he's still going to try to twist it and keep it at some, "Naw, Issa was probably messing with Daniel on and off throughout our relationship" since he spotted the two of them in the background of the picture. 

Side note: The backgrounds of pictures are always a fun thing to watch for, especially when the people in the background don't realize that there's a camera trained in their general direction. Backgrounds tell a whole other story.

Who's the one who looked like Pac?! I was momentarily taken aback when they first showed him.

I'm not sure which one you mean, but she has two brothers. Both of the guys who showed up at first in her parents' kitchen are her brothers. One has a kid with his wife who was a former stripper, who trapped him, LOL. Wait, I think they're married, maybe not. But the trap part has to be about her having his kid. The other is just a player out there in those streets having free rides and lots of fun.

Edited by Keepitmoving

Molly and Dro hooking up is beyond a hot mess.  Molly, you know his wife, albeit that you are probably only friends with her because of him but  still, you know her.  Even if they have an open marriage that should have been enough of a line not to cross.  Molly should have asked  a lot more questions  like – do ya’ll tell each other when you step outside of your marriage?,  have you or she ever hooked up with someone you both know? This will not end well.

In my circle of friends I seem to be the only one on Freda’s side in the Freda vs. Issa plot line.   I would think something is strange as well given the principals feeling about latinos.  The purpose of We Got Ya’ll is to support all students not just the black students.  I think Freda wouldn’t have such an issue of the racial make-up if it happened organically.   But because the spike in attendance happened after the principal got involved and that there are only black students I would call foul as well. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

This was hilarious--bringing up some dirty laundry from 30 plus years ago.  Dropped that bomb and then walked off--don't even know the shit-storm they started.

For reals.  This is so my grandmother and her 5 sisters.  They range in age from 60 to 90 and they are always talking somebodies business, and just carrying on like business as usual after they blow people's lives up.  (Like my grandma casually dropping in a phone conversation that she knew my uncle's (her son's) ex-wife was pregnant when they divorced and she moved back to the Netherlands because the ex-wife called to tell him but my grandma answered the phone and hung it up in her face.  When we asked why she didn't say anything, she said, "I knew she was lying....plus she also stole my bedsheets!"  Lol.  Long story short, she wasn't lying....)

3 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Molly and Dro hooking up is beyond a hot mess. 

I don't even want to see the fall out from this.  But I ain't mad at Molly, because I would have trouble resisting myself.  Dro looks delicious.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

For reals.  This is so my grandmother and her 5 sisters.  They range in age from 60 to 90 and they are always talking somebodies business, and just carrying on like business as usual after they blow people's lives up.  (Like my grandma casually dropping in a phone conversation that she knew my uncle's (her son's) ex-wife was pregnant when they divorced and she moved back to the Netherlands because the ex-wife called to tell him but my grandma answered the phone and hung it up in her face.  When we asked why she didn't say anything, she said, "I knew she was lying....plus she also stole my bedsheets!"  Lol.  Long story short, she wasn't lying....)

AHAHAHAHAHA!  May I have an invite to your next family reunion?  I can be Cousin Lucky..."You know, Lil'Lucky?"  LOL.  

That's what was so foul about Molly's tantrum.  It was such old news and everybody seemed to be having such a good time.  Let it go, Molly.

1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

We all knew it was going to happen, but I was still yelling at Molly not to do it. Dro fine, and ol' boy was putting in work, but this is going to be the hottest of messes for two reasons: 1) Their friendship is ruined. There's no turning back after sex.

You ain't never lie.  I had a really good friend for 13 years who was my Dro.  We slipped up and took it further when we were both single and lonely thinking that we could just be that "friends with benefits" kind of deal.  He's my husband now.   But I do understand that we're the exception, not the rule.

• Love 5

I bet $10 that the open part of that marriage is "we can casually hook up with people we meet at the club once in a while," not "we can fuck lifelong friends." Molly has set herself up for failure AND ruined a lifelong friendship. She needs therapy so badly. And it was rude AF of her to ditch Lionel.

Issa's date with Nico went great. I was waiting for something to go wrong.

This is why you don't send unsolicited dick pics!

3 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

AHAHAHAHAHA!  May I have an invite to your next family reunion?  I can be Cousin Lucky..."You know, Lil'Lucky?"  LOL.  

That's what was so foul about Molly's tantrum.  It was such old news and everybody seemed to be having such a good time.  Let it go, Molly.

It was old news and it was grown folks' business, and they clearly came out of it OK. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 7

Right, I'd like an invitation too, LOL.

She can't let it go because Molly is having a break down IMO. Every little chip that falls out of place sends her further and further over the edge. Her reactions aren't rational and I don't expect them to be until she gets her ass back in therapy. I can't wait till she finds out that Dro is probably full of shit and is NOT in an open marriage.

Her reaction is clearly one of someone who is falling over the edge. She's trying to keep herself from doing so, because she's a control freak and thinks she can control everything in her life. Yet can't realize that her therapy was what was keeping her from losing her shit completely. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I bet $10 that the open part of that marriage is "we can casually hook up with people we meet at the club once in a while," not "we can fuck lifelong friends." Molly has set herself up for failure AND ruined a lifelong friendship. She needs therapy so badly. And it was rude AF of her to ditch Lionel.

Issa's date with Nico went great. I was waiting for something to go wrong.

This is why you don't send unsolicited dick pics!

It was old news and it was grown folks' business, and they clearly came out of it OK. 

I am thinking that Molly used that bit of news about her parents as the excuse she needed to give herself permission to sleep with Dro because she knows that shit is all kinds of wrong. Like you guys, I totally don't think he's being honest about the "open marriage" bit. Like Empress1 said, it is definitely probably more permission for a random hookup but definitely not fucking someone you have known all of your life and actually care a lot about.  Molly needs to grow up and start dealing with reality. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Amethyst said:

The stuff with Frieda is messy.  They're both right and they're both handling it badly.  Issa is ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away, Frieda is acting passive aggressive and doesn't want to take any action.  I still think the director is going to find out and Issa's going to get in trouble for keeping this from her.

To my mind it is just the opposite: Issa is passive-aggressive + OBLIVIOUS (more stress on passive - aggressive), Frieda is not diplomatic enough. Also on Frieda's side. 

PS. damn, I am so over Issa's "ho phase", meaningless sex, tindering, sexting etc. So played-out, so boring, how many episodes are we going to see the same images over and over? Maybe I am projecting because I am not this kind of girl (I prefer old-fashioned dating), but it does NOTHING for me at this stage. Also, talking about di*ks, f*cki*g, all the expressive language, way to overdose... There are many ways girls in which talk about sex among themselves and these talks can be a bit more clever& funny, not plain crude. I hate it here, I got bored with "Girls" after 2 seasons because of it. It is just so low, I don't know.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Molly!!! Dammit! *sigh* This will not end well. She and Dro have hella history with each other (enough so that she left Lionel's ass at her parents' house to have Dro take her home), so it's going to be more than just sex--trust and believe. 

I'm also mad that Molly let this news about her parents shake her soooo much that, like, she can no longer trust in love and the like? They were together for 35 years. Molly is 30. She couldn't have believed that her parents made it damn near four decades without some bumps and bruises, and detours and one way streets (and whatever other road metaphor) along the way. 

Also on the history business, Daniel has set himself up for heartbreak. He ain't got no hoetation, Issa! You know this! He's about to be played...again! Damn, Daniel. 

Lord, Molly was being so extra...she sort of ruined the vow renewal.  I must be the only one who hates the actor that plays Dro...he seems like such an amateur in a cast that is really spot on.  He reminds me of that kind of light skinned generic love interest that the teenage daughter would have from every black sit com from the nineties.

I get that Molly put her parent's marriage on a pedestal, but she is a grown ass woman and her tantrum was too much.

• Love 11

Lost my multi-quotes, but basically it was a big collection of comments about Molly, which I agreed with, except I think I feel quite a bit angrier.

Except for her scene in Chicago, Molly was a walking disaster in this episode.  She started flinging accusations and threw a big boo-hoo-poor-ME hissy fit in the middle of her parents' happy recommitment reception, based on something that happened 30 years ago.  I think there's an argument that it's not any of her business in the first place, but it definitely wasn't cool to crap all over her parents' party, after her mom had been so cute and happy with her champagne flutes and so on.

Then she just leaves Lionel like roadkill, but that's not a big deal to her because she was only using him as a party prop anyway.

Sex with Dro?  Aaaack. 

Sidenote:  I know someone who was the third-party to an "open marriage" for about 15 years.  It seemed to suit all three of them just fine, but there were lots and lots of rules about how/when/where/etc.  Dro and Candice don't really seem that organized.  : )

But then, Dro's probably just being a hound anyway.

• Love 8

Count me in as team Freda. I get Issa's side, but she needs to address the issue.

I found out when planning my parents' 30th anniversary it was only their 29th. They'd lied to us because my brother was born two months after they married. And, yes, one of my crazy aunts let it slip. Another aunt told me about my father's affair he had early in their marriage. They are now at 56 years, so they worked it out. Honestly, I wish my aunts would stop ruining my perfect image of them, but it did make me feel less guilty about my inability to stay in a relationship longer than 5 years! So I feel for Molly. She'll get over it.

• Love 6

I am so here for Issa's ho phase, and VERY happy that we get more of Nico next episode! I hope he becomes an established member of her hotation. However, I was super disappointed in her texting-and-driving, she knows better.

5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I must be the only one who hates the actor that plays Dro...he seems like such an amateur in a cast that is really spot on.  He reminds me of that kind of light skinned generic love interest that the teenage daughter would have from every black sit com from the nineties.

LMAO! I have a thirst for Dro but I burst out laughing at this because I remember it, too!

12 hours ago, John M said:

I agree with the person who said you're not misappropriating black culture. There has been a sort of cultural exchange going both ways between black women and gay men for quite some time, so much so that we even bite each other's slang :)

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, link417 said:

I am so here for Issa's ho phase, and VERY happy that we get more of Nico next episode! I hope he becomes an established member of her hotation. However, I was super disappointed in her texting-and-driving, she knows better.

LMAO! I have a thirst for Dro but I burst out laughing at this because I remember it, too!

I agree with the person who said you're not misappropriating black culture. There has been a sort of cultural exchange going both ways between black women and gay men for quite some time, so much so that we even bite each other's slang :)

As a black gay woman, I concur. The lines are definitely blurred.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, link417 said:

Thank you! Thought I was all alone in this. Ho phase aka sowing wild oats helps you figure out what you want in a partner.  There was a series of men who looked like Dro during my ho-phase so I'm HERE FOR IT. 

Molly is just figuring out relationships aren't perfect?! C'mon son you out here making us look bad. I wish she would at least sign up for Talk Space because she seriously needs help. Sex cures the surface wounds, not the deep self-esteem issues she obviously has.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

I'm not sure which one you mean, but she has two brothers. Both of the guys who showed up at first in her parents' kitchen are her brothers. One has a kid with his wife who was a former stripper, who trapped him, LOL. Wait, I think they're married, maybe not. But the trap part has to be about her having his kid. The other is just a player out there in those streets having free rides and lots of fun.

Curtis is the brother who married a stripper (Molly said, "You're just saying that because you married a stripper!"). The other brother doesn't seem to be married or in a relationship. Earlier in the episode when the brothers dropped off red cups, Molly asked the other (non-Curtis) brother how he keeps getting so many chicks to hook up with him (his response was to start dancing in the kitchen).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

Lord, Molly was being so extra...she sort of ruined the vow renewal.  I must be the only one who hates the actor that plays Dro...he seems like such an amateur in a cast that is really spot on.  He reminds me of that kind of light skinned generic love interest that the teenage daughter would have from every black sit com from the nineties.

I get that Molly put her parent's marriage on a pedestal, but she is a grown ass woman and her tantrum was too much.

This.  To be a grown ass woman and idealize it to the extent that being confronted with the imperfection causes you to run careening from the house?   Girl stop.   Chelsea Clinton didn't do this and she was 13 and that shit happened in public.   I'm glad she left Lionel at the party, she don't deserve him with her self sabotaging ass.   I lightweight want her to get with her I-got-a-pastor's-body-colleague lol.

This is one of the few things my dude and I watch together.  Dro appeared onscreen and I guess I was supposed to react because he said - you don't think he's cute?  The height and hair and all?   I actually giggled.  I said you know I'm a teeth girl.   He has an arch shaped smile, so even if I could get past that he looks like a former thumbsucker, he's exactly one unibrow from making it onto the evolutionary chart.   Light skin, curly hair Equate brand Al B. Sure is a solid no.  I might be biased though, I've seen Sterling K. Brown shirtless, Molly's dumb as hell.

Derek breaking it down for his dude.   I threw my fictional praise cloth.   It was like this was the first time Lawrence had considered it?  Really tho bruh?  I'm supposed to feel worse for him, but I don't.  No man should have to be motivated to contribute to a partnership, that is just not hot.   But I realize that he's the kind of guy who has to pushed into everything.   Taking Tasha out to prove to Chad that she wasn't just a jump off.   Getting up off the air mattress and signing a lease.   Leaving Best Buy to fulfill his potential.  It's all too much nudging.   It's like he has no idea the effect complacency has on his relationships.    Seriously, just go home, he's not built to be out in these streets, with coke whores and stuff lol.

Shout out to CeCe from ABG, I see you in the conference room! 

Realistically, what is Issa supposed to do about Freida's beef though?  Confront the only contact they have in the school who's making sure the program is populated?  If so, what's stopping Frieda from doing it? 

23 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Molly and Dro hooking up is beyond a hot mess.  Molly, you know his wife, albeit that you are probably only friends with her because of him but  still, you know her.  Even if they have an open marriage that should have been enough of a line not to cross.  Molly should have asked  a lot more questions  like – do ya’ll tell each other when you step outside of your marriage?,  have you or she ever hooked up with someone you both know? This will not end well.

In my circle of friends I seem to be the only one on Freda’s side in the Freda vs. Issa plot line.   I would think something is strange as well given the principals feeling about latinos.  The purpose of We Got Ya’ll is to support all students not just the black students.  I think Freda wouldn’t have such an issue of the racial make-up if it happened organically.   But because the spike in attendance happened after the principal got involved and that there are only black students I would call foul as well. 

In theory.  But peep the logo image.   Those are black (brown, take your pick) children being supported by a white hand.    So when Issa got to the part where she's talking to Frieda about privilege, I was here for every word.   If she's gonna be selectively outraged about something, it starts before the non diversity of their outreach program.   Remember the fundraiser when Frieda was like don't break anything in here?  It's difficult to say whether or not she would've felt it a necessary conversation with non-urban youth of the same age group.   Uh uh, Frieda can miss me with her brand new wokeness.

We-Got-Yall.jpg

I felt for Daniel.  Issa don't know how to stick to the script.    "so you just gone go get tacos without me?"  then later,  "um we're both seeing other people right?"  No Issa, Daniel don't have a hotation.   So if all you want is some giddyup, don't call him after an accident, that's boyfriend duty. 

Ya'll?  I want that show within a show (starring Regina Hall and the dude who plays Jake from Scandal) to be a real thing I can watch on tv.  I'm invested in the story lol. 

I'm mad she crashed, that dickture wasn't worth the deductible. 

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

He has an arch shaped smile, so even if I could get past that he looks like a former thumbsucker,

LMAO!

20 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

No Issa, Daniel don't have a hotation.   So if all you want is some giddyup, don't call him after an accident, that's boyfriend duty. 

To be fair to Issa and her hotation, she only called Daniel because they had plans to meet up.  And she told him that she didn't need a ride.  I personally think she shouldn't have restarted whatever with him, but it's not her fault if he's still on this relationship kick after she has been upfront about what they are and aren't doing.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

To be fair to Issa and her hotation, she only called Daniel because they had plans to meet up.  And she told him that she didn't need a ride.  I personally think she shouldn't have restarted whatever with him, but it's not her fault if he's still on this relationship kick after she has been upfront about what they are and aren't doing.

I don't wanna admit it....but you right.  lol.     I still have some begrudging in my spirit so imma say she coulda texted but....you right.    I think I just have a soft place in my heart for a man who can get by being called an itch, who seems to be interested in one woman....and has a body, like. that.   Fight me.  lol.

• Love 11

I respect your point ZaldamoWilder and that is valid position, I guess I am approaching it from a different perspective.   I don’t approach the use of the phrase “urban youth” to be solely Black and Latino youth I would include White youth in that grouping because white people live in urban environments too.  If I recall (and don’t quote me on it) the We got Ya’ll kids from season one was more racially diverse with Black and Latino and I think a couple of White kids too. I took Freida’s  “don’t break anything” comment as she knows her kids because she has a personal relationship with them and knows how kids are.  I have worked with kids in that age group and you would be surprised how you need to tell them things that you think you shouldn’t have to say – Like don’t leave the group without permission,  don’t talk when the speaker is speaking, don’t touch things that aren’t yours.  Hey there kids LOL   So that didn’t ping my radar as anything shady.

I too agreed with Issa on the privilege discussion and agree that Black people can’t be racist (with Racism being defined as one race being able to subjugate, control, dominate  another group in harmful ways because of power dynamics  solely based on race)  So yes Issa is right on a macro level but one could argue on a micro level that the environment at the school (treating it as its own microcosm) is racist toward latinos.  The principal (Black) has the power and is using it to “possibly” intentionally exclude latinos , in this case access/encouragement to participate in We Got Ya’ll and given the comments that he verbalized about the latinos he is prejudiced against them as well.  That’s where Frieda and I agree that this looks shady.

IMO Freida hasn’t been portrayed to be anything other than a good natured person and compared to her other co-workers she seems to actually care about the kids and wants to see them do well.  That’s why I can understand her feeling of this doesn’t seem right.  How I would handle it (which she is too scared to do so and why she would like Issa’s back up) I would directly ask the Principal about his influence on getting some latinos to participate.  I think Issa sees it and is torn because she doesn’t want anything to jeopardize the program.  

I’m not advocating limiting the number of black students but I would at least raise the questions with the principal and ask him to recruit some of them as well, being that all of the black kids that showed up was due to his involvement.    

That make sense?

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Love 5

I love this show, but are we still supposed to be rooting for Issa and Lawrence to get back together? Now that we've gotten to see them separately, they make even less sense as a couple. He was boring then and he's boring now! Plus that whole quickie thing that they never talked about, wtf was that? Daniel is fine and he and Issa have great chemistry IMO. The whole Molly situation is a mess but can't wait till next week.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This.  To be a grown ass woman and idealize it to the extent that being confronted with the imperfection causes you to run careening from the house?   Girl stop.   Chelsea Clinton didn't do this and she was 13 and that shit happened in public.   I'm glad she left Lionel at the party, she don't deserve him with her self sabotaging ass.   I lightweight want her to get with her I-got-a-pastor's-body-colleague lol.

This is one of the few things my dude and I watch together.  Dro appeared onscreen and I guess I was supposed to react because he said - you don't think he's cute?  The height and hair and all?   I actually giggled.  I said you know I'm a teeth girl.   He has an arch shaped smile, so even if I could get past that he looks like a former thumbsucker, he's exactly one unibrow from making it onto the evolutionary chart.   Light skin, curly hair Equate brand Al B. Sure is a solid no.  I might be biased though, I've seen Sterling K. Brown shirtless, Molly's dumb as hell.

Derek breaking it down for his dude.   I threw my fictional praise cloth.   It was like this was the first time Lawrence had considered it?  Really tho bruh?  I'm supposed to feel worse for him, but I don't.  No man should have to be motivated to contribute to a partnership, that is just not hot.   But I realize that he's the kind of guy who has to pushed into everything.   Taking Tasha out to prove to Chad that she wasn't just a jump off.   Getting up off the air mattress and signing a lease.   Leaving Best Buy to fulfill his potential.  It's all too much nudging.   It's like he has no idea the effect complacency has on his relationships.    Seriously, just go home, he's not built to be out in these streets, with coke whores and stuff lol.

Realistically, what is Issa supposed to do about Freida's beef though?  Confront the only contact they have in the school who's making sure the program is populated?  If so, what's stopping Frieda from doing it? 

In theory.  But peep the logo image.   Those are black (brown, take your pick) children being supported by a white hand.    So when Issa got to the part where she's talking to Frieda about privilege, I was here for every word.   If she's gonna be selectively outraged about something, it starts before the non diversity of their outreach program.   Remember the fundraiser when Frieda was like don't break anything in here?  It's difficult to say whether or not she would've felt it a necessary conversation with non-urban youth of the same age group.   Uh uh, Frieda can miss me with her brand new wokeness.

We-Got-Yall.jpg

I felt for Daniel.  Issa don't know how to stick to the script.    "so you just gone go get tacos without me?"  then later,  "um we're both seeing other people right?"  No Issa, Daniel don't have a hotation.   So if all you want is some giddyup, don't call him after an accident, that's boyfriend duty. 

Ya'll?  I want that show within a show (starring Regina Hall and the dude who plays Jake from Scandal) to be a real thing I can watch on tv.  I'm invested in the story lol. 

1. When Lil Rel said he had a pastor's body, I legit burst out laughing. The man called himself "slim thick."
  2. I wish Sujata Day could've had a bigger role in this show! I miss J and CeCe.
  3. Issa has to know now that Daniel ain't got a hotation. She has to! Even back in season one when she was mean as fuck and told him that he was only an itch she needed to scratch, she should have caught that Daniel ain't the "hoeing" type. The way he was so crushed when she said it was a clue. He looks very much like a relationship type of dude, and now he's about to get hurt again by Issa!
  4. And about that dick pic--why are dudes sending these pix unsolicited?! 
  • Love 5

No Issa, Daniel don't have a hotation.   So if all you want is some giddyup, don't call him after an accident, that's boyfriend duty. 

No, she only called him because they were supposed to meet up. I could have sworn that's what she said, so she didn't want to stand him up, she had to call and tell him why she wasn't going to be there. 

On her hotation, I have no issues with it, I just hope she's using protection against STD's. I also don't feel like her hotation is causing her to miss out on the good guys or that if Daniel and even this Nico seem like good guys she should stop her hotation and hold on to one of them for fear that she might not get a chance at another good guy. The fact of matter, as I see it, is she shouldn't be anyone's one and only right now, she needs to feel free and have a good time. That's what got Lawrence into trouble and he ended up being a real not nice guy to Tasha. Not that, that was all on him but...Issa needs to live in this phase of don't put any steady girlfriend expectations on me, because she just did that for five years and I have no doubt that her heart is still with Lawrence. So why screw around with another guy's heart like that. So now it's up to Daniel to figure out if he can just be friends with her, which I don't think he can. Damn, he and Lawrence clearly aren't made for these streets, at least not streets with Issa in them, LOL.

It was interesting to learn in the wine down that Derek went to school with Issa,that it's through Issa that he became friends with Lawrence.

Whoever posted up above that they could watch Due North or a series like it with just Regina Hall and Scott Foley, I concur, LOL. The actress who plays Kelly writes Due North. I can't wait for another siting of that boy with "typhoid," who's always lurking around spying, LOL.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

I respect your point ZaldamoWilder and that is valid position, I guess I am approaching it from a different perspective.   I don’t approach the use of the phrase “urban youth” to be solely Black and Latino youth I would include White youth in that grouping because white people live in urban environments too.  If I recall (and don’t quote me on it) the We got Ya’ll kids from season one was more racially diverse with Black and Latino and I think a couple of White kids too. I took Freida’s  “don’t break anything” comment as she knows her kids because she has a personal relationship with them and knows how kids are.  I have worked with kids in that age group and you would be surprised how you need to tell them things that you think you shouldn’t have to say – Like don’t leave the group without permission,  don’t talk when the speaker is speaking, don’t touch things that aren’t yours.  Hey there kids LOL   So that didn’t ping my radar as anything shady.

I too agreed with Issa on the privilege discussion and agree that Black people can’t be racist (with Racism being defined as one race being able to subjugate, control, dominate  another group in harmful ways because of power dynamics  solely based on race)  So yes Issa is right on a macro level but one could argue on a micro level that the environment at the school (treating it as its own microcosm) is racist toward latinos.  The principal (Black) has the power and is using it to “possibly” intentionally exclude latinos , in this case access/encouragement to participate in We Got Ya’ll and given the comments that he verbalized about the latinos he is prejudiced against them as well.  That’s where Frieda and I agree that this looks shady.

IMO Freida hasn’t been portrayed to be anything other than a good natured person and compared to her other co-workers she seems to actually care about the kids and wants to see them do well.  That’s why I can understand her feeling of this doesn’t seem right.  How I would handle it (which she is too scared to do so and why she would like Issa’s back up) I would directly ask the Principal about his influence on getting some latinos to participate.  I think Issa sees it and is torn because she doesn’t want anything to jeopardize the program.  

I’m not advocating limiting the number of black students but I would at least raise the questions with the principal and ask him to recruit some of them as well, being that all of the black kids that showed up was due to his involvement.    

That make sense?

A frustrating amount.  Lol.

I'm cool with Frieda's ultimate point.  l'm eye rolley about the suddenness of her awareness.  I believe that black people can be racist, in an individual capacity.  Institutionally not at all because: power, but person to person? Yup.  My mother calls people from Asia, orientals.  Country doesn't matter, they're all from somewhere called the orient.  Sigh.  

If I insist upon using the logo to make a point (and I do lol) it's that Freida's expressing it as a problem because she just noticed it.    Issa has agreed that it looks and is shady.  I just don't think she knows what to do about it.

Y'all gone make me miss my millions. Running to the bodega brb.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I cannot tell you how many unsolicited (I've never asked for a dick pic and I never will) dick pics I got when I was online dating. It is a thing. I REALLY wish dudes would cut that shit out.

I really don't understand this either. I haven't online dated (or dated at all) for over three years because I like eating dinner in my bedroom and never shaving and being alone. And guys are a damn joke. It seems like dick pics have increased exponentially in the time I've been a non-dater. I wouldn't even respond to a dude with a picture of himself flexing shirtless, but a dick pic? Am I supposed to faint or something? Ooh, I gotta have that dick!? Never in my life. No.

• Applause 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

We-Got-Yall.jpg

Zaldomo, so happy to see you on this board...I love you girl.   Also, Dro does nothing for me, while I swoon for Sterling...so totally feel you on that.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:53 AM, Keepitmoving said:

I saw Dro giving Lionel the room to chase after Molly, when he didn't, Dro said fuck it, if you won't go then I will. She came storming out, they both attempted to figure out what was wrong at the door. But she shooed them both away. But like I said, Dro waited for Lionel to follow and when he didn't Dro did his thing. Therefore, I don't feel bad for Lionel. Heck, Dro saved him because Molly doesn't even seem to be physically attracted to him, much less anything else.

Ah, Molly's head has got her trying to live  in a perfect world. She's got it all mapped out and as each piece starts to not look so perfect after all, she can't handle it. Again, get back into therapy Molly. She figured, well if my father can't even be faithful and my mother put up with cheating, then I might as well enter the game as well. She can rationalize it by saying to herself, well at least Dro and his wife are in an open marriage so...But that still does nothing for her since she wants a monogamous love.

I died laughing when Lawrence was looking at Kelly's video and said something to the effect of, what is wrong with her, LOL.

Poor Daniel, set yourself up to get hurt again. At least Issa put her cards on the table, she's not playing him. Now it's up to him if he wants to continue to be just friends who fuck.

Good lord, Lawrence is not made for these streets, poor guy. 

Where are they going with Issa's work situation? Where ever it is, they need to start getting there. 

The thing is, Dro is Molly's lifelong friend and Lionel knew her for five minutes... it is not a fair comparison.  Also, if Dro and Molly are so hot, why the hell did they not get married to each other....I think he was her prom date, so why is the romantical part being brought up when dude is married?  I think Molly just wants to be alone and does not want to admit it, because it does not fit in to her own ridiculous standards of perfection.  The fact that Dro is not available might actually be appealing to her, because it lets her off the hook for her own issues.  Molly really has not treated Lionel well and I hope he does not keep showing up for her drama.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yeah, this struck me as really naive of Molly. I'm not saying that everyone cheats (although the older I get, the more common I realize cheating is). I'm saying that relationships of any length hit snags. The idea that Molly's parents were blissfully, never had a fight happy for 35 years is ... nuts, to me. One set of my grandparents were together 54 years before death parted them, but I know they fought. (The other set split because my grandfather was cheating, although he was with his second wife for 25+ years until he died.) 

21 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Zaldomo, so happy to see you on this board...I love you girl.   Also, Dro does nothing for me, while I swoon for Sterling...so totally feel you on that.

The thing is, Dro is Molly's lifelong friend and Lionel knew her for five minutes... it is not a fair comparison.  Also, if Dro and Molly are so hot, why the hell did they not get married to each other....I think he was her prom date, so why is the romantical part being brought up when dude is married?  I think Molly just wants to be alone and does not want to admit it, because it does not fit in to her own ridiculous standards of perfection.  The fact that Dro is not available might actually be appealing to her, because it lets her off the hook for her own issues.  Molly really has not treated Lionel well and I hope he does not keep showing up for her drama.

I love to analyze Molly because I see her issues in me and one of my best friends - it's one of the reasons I love this show. One of my best friends is just realizing (with the help of therapy) that she picks men who are wrong for her so she doesn't have to commit to them. She's a serial monogamist (she had a bit of a ho phase) but there's always something about the men she dates that can't be worked around. Now she's dating a guy who IS right for her and they're teetering on the brink of ending things because she keeps making up reasons not to commit, and he's like "OK, cool, I fixed that. Next?" and she panics and makes something else up. I have settled for men who treated me callously because I didn't believe I deserved better. (Still trying to figure out why; my parents are divorced but my father is a good guy.) I think Molly is doing something similar. If she's not feeling Lionel, she's not - but she's not jumping on Tinder or Bumble to meet another decent single dude, she's unnecessarily complicating her own life. When this blows up, she can blame the situation without taking into account that she chose to insert herself into this situation, rather than sticking with the plan to focus on work and stay single (a good plan) or to try to actually date someone real and flawed and do the work of being in a relationship with a person, not an idea.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Mwahmwahcakes since Potomac ended I didn't know where you were :D

Dro didn't have a 5 year plan back in the day, now he out on a Friday night buying his woman baked goods and shit.  She think she missed something.  Meanwhile he's just a different type of unavailable than he was at 22.  I think she used that tantrum to justify doing what she always wanted to do.  He used a lie to do what he always wanted to do.  Carrie Bradshaw but with ass whoopings.

Lol!! Y'all killing me bout dick pics.  Think about from a numbers perspective.  Trap queens and ratchets will respond so it's worth it to offend 49 women if that 50th will go for it.  Men like that gotta keep these body counts up.  Damn smart phones.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Molly girl. I'm more inclined to think that Dro is not entirely truthful about his open marriage.  Anytime a man I know is married ever slid up to me, I made sure to talk to his wife!  I would have called Candace up to have a little chat. On the slim chance that he didn't lie, he is still not available! 

• Love 2

That's what I was thinking about earlier. Why now? I mean, I guess it's one of those 'I knew him/her forever and wasn't checking for them, but damn, they look good now' and you see each other in a new light.

Ha, to be fair tho @ZaldamoWilder, I'm sure there was a lot of tears, door slamming and huffing all up and through that White House, but I kinda, sorta get Molly's disappointment and anger although how she handled it was poor. I don't think she thought her parents never had a bump in a 35 year long road, but cheating? Nah. However, what she should've done was waited to speak to her mother privately and that could've been an interesting scene with them.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Ha, to be fair tho @ZaldamoWilder, I'm sure there was a lot of tears, door slamming and huffing all up and through that White House, but I kinda, sorta get Molly's disappointment and anger although how she handled it was poor. I don't think she thought her parents never had a bump in a 35 year long road, but cheating? Nah. However, what she should've done was waited to speak to her mother privately and that could've been an interesting scene with them.

Lol!  Your girl ain't a crier but if this is when she snatched her name back, I'm not mad.  

Totally get it.  Her husbandry pedestal was shattered.  I understand her disappointment.  For the same reasons, I have very concrete, yet fairytaley ideas about what my husband should be like.  Which is why I've never been beat to get married just to say I did.   My parents have been happily married for 52 years.   I know what the gold standard looks like so the poor bastard who findeth me gone need to be Barack-level to break through.  Everybody's different so I respect that she was disappointed.  I'd be disappointed too.   What I found ridiculous was the infantile extremity of her reaction.   It was her little girl self.  Ok.   But, she legit tantruming over something that happened in 1978, ain't got n'air thing to do with her and that they'd already decided to work through.   Worse, was the lie she told Dro about why she was so devastated.   Her reaction doesn't match why she says she's mad.    She's carrying on about having been selective all this time, eliminating potential bae by holding men to some prince valiant daddy litmus that doesn't exist.   Molly.  Selective.   It hasn't been true once.  If it were, she wouldn't need to invent excuses to keep herself from attentive, devoted dudes like Jared and Lionel.   She needs to go back to therapy so she can uncover the real reasons she keeps rejecting happiness, quit holding mommy and daddy to storybook expectations that have nothing to do with her choices and find her something good.    

It may not sound like it but I want her to win lol.    

• Love 3