Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, kacesq said:

I think Darcey is pretty pathetic but tonight Jesse crossed the line into controlling dick. Run Darcey. 

The only thing worse than being stuck with someone you don't want to be with is to be stuck with them when they're drunk.  Jesse despises her.   Why can't she see it?   She says "I'm falling more and more in love with him."  WHY?  Because he's there? This show rivals My 600-Lb. Life for finding and exploiting pathetic people.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

What mental illness do you think Paul has?  I think he is profoundly immature, socially awkward, stupid, and maybe criminal, but I don't see mental illness. 

I think you might be right. 

Can we add lazy and unemployable?

BTW, I really wish someone had pushed him into that mud water.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3
On 9/25/2017 at 2:41 PM, gingerella said:

I would continue to disagree with this, sorry, but with today's internet, any okie finokie can live in a suburb in the US and have access to just about anything they want via the internet and next day shipping. Also, if DUHrcie is in the schmata biz, she has to go into NYC often and interact with folks there. I'm not buying she's a sheltered suburban kind of gal in any way. She live in CT, which is part of the Tri-State area of CT/NJ/NY and while yes, there are very rural areas in all three states, if you're in the apparel industry, which she is, she aint sheltered. She's just a skanky, desperate long in the tooth lady who thinks a 'hot younger guy' will up her self worth. But make no mistake, she isn't sheltered, girl just has bad taste. or bad smell, in the case of Jesse, Mr. Pheremone.

Darcey lives in Middletown, an old New England mill city tucked in the limbo between New Haven and Hartford, maybe closer to Massachusetts than NYC.   The previous estimate that she's only an hour outside the city wasn't accurate.   Probably two hours or more.  

8 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Scabies are not sexual transmitted. They can be contracted by skin to skin contact, trying on clothes in a store, bedding in a hotel if the maid making the bed or a prior guest had scabies.  Sean and Abby has hugged and held hands, so Sean needs to be traded too. If Abby is offended, it's because she's ignorant. 

I know this. It's also easily transmitted it you're rubbing around on top of the person with scabies. I think Chris was saying that they will certainly pass it back and forth because he knows they are having sex. And he doesn't care. She was probably offended because he is essentially saying, "I know how I met you and you are surely going to be fuckin' Sean if you haven't already. He needs to be treated." That's my only point. She's not ignorant. She just picked up on his indifference to the reality of the relationship. Sean doesn't have to get scabies. But he's desperate enough for that ass to ensure that he will. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

3. Abby is a mean, messy little thing imo. Nothing to do with her being a sugar baby. Did you hear the way she was speaking to Sean, her "almost fiancee"? Like, "BITCH, i didn't have to tell you the truth about how i met Chris; we weren't together then." 

Then in her lispy, baby voice she whispers, "Sean doesn't trust me. Not even a little bit......"

That's a good description of her! If she's got two neurons to rub together she knows exactly why Sean can't trust her. She's absolutely rotten to the man who wants to get engaged to her.

Not that I have too much sympathy for Sean who is blind as a bat at this point.

I'm sure the sugar baby lifestyle doesn't exactly bring out a young woman's good qualities.

Better mean than dead inside like Jenny (who can also be quite cruel I'm sure).

8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I know this. It's also easily transmitted it you're rubbing around on top of the person with scabies. I think Chris was saying that they will certainly pass it back and forth because he knows they are having sex. And he doesn't care. She was probably offended because he is essentially saying, "I know how I met you and you are surely going to be fuckin' Sean if you haven't already. He needs to be treated." That's my only point. She's not ignorant. She just picked up on his indifference to the reality of the relationship. Sean doesn't have to get scabies. But he's desperate enough for that ass to ensure that he will. 

With the AIDS rate among sex workers in Haiti, scabies might be the least of Sean's worries.

Chris probably used a condom, but Sean won't.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, millennium said:

Darcey lives in Middletown, an old New England mill city tucked in the limbo between New Haven and Hartford, maybe closer to Massachusetts than NYC.   The previous estimate that she's only an hour outside the city wasn't accurate.   Probably two hours or more.  

Speaking only about the business she's in...Middletown, CT is about an hour's drive from New Haven, then about a 1.5 hour Metro North train ride to Grand Central, if I'm remembering correctly.  A 2+ hour commute to NYC from the Tri-State area is not uncommon at all. Loads of folks commute from New Haven to NYC for work. She is in the garment industry, so she's in and out of NYC regularly if she's in that business. Ain't nobody doing garment industry deals in Middletown, CT. Of this I am sure.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's a good description of her! If she's got two neurons to rub together she knows exactly why Sean can't trust her. She's absolutely rotten to the man who wants to get engaged to her.

Not that I have too much sympathy for Sean who is blind as a bat at this point.

I'm sure the sugar baby lifestyle doesn't exactly bring out a young woman's good qualities.

Better mean than dead inside like Jenny (who can also be quite cruel I'm sure).

With the AIDS rate among sex workers in Haiti, scabies might be the least of Sean's worries.

Chris probably used a condom, but Sean won't. 

Yeah because if any of these three are an ignorant stupid dumb ass it's Sean. Why offend the love of his life by wearing a condom? It's almost comical. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

They can be contracted by skin to skin contact, trying on clothes in a store, bedding in a hotel

Maybe from the undies Sean sent her????

She is not going to give up one sugar daddy unless the other one marrys her. Chris was so creepy and lecherous in the cab. He wanted to do her right there. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Speaking only about the business she's in...Middletown, CT is about an hour's drive from New Haven, then about a 1.5 hour Metro North train ride to Grand Central, if I'm remembering correctly.  A 2+ hour commute to NYC from the Tri-State area is not uncommon at all. Loads of folks commute from New Haven to NYC for work. She is in the garment industry, so she's in and out of NYC regularly if she's in that business. Ain't nobody doing garment industry deals in Middletown, CT. Of this I am sure.

You are remembering correctly.   That's why I said it had to be two hours or more.   Many years ago I used to take the train from Greenwich to Manhattan.   That alone was an hour each way.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, seacliffsal said:

Paul is beyond controlling.  Before they had their "talk" it was mentioned that his cell phone had already been stolen and they only had Karine's to use.  They were passing it between them during his confession to her.  When he got up to run away, he still had her phone.  Then, after she chased him and tried to get him to go back with her and he refused, she said she hated him and tried to take her phone back (it had been going back and forth between them during the scene) and he wouldn't let her have it, until she finally forced it out of his hands.  So, he wanted to control the whole conversation, have her chase after him and then keep her phone at the end of it all.  Some posters have commented that he's not bright enough to force the manipulation, but I think he is similar to Danielle in that they are much more manipulative than they let on-and they both have tried to blame the victim role (Paul kept saying he had been burned by his ex-girlfriends; not that he had committed various criminal acts that may have led those ex-girlfriends to try to get away or keep him away from them).

Karine told Paul that his phone would be stolen if he didn't hide it in his pocket.  Both of them had their phones. Karine was holding her phone. Paul's was in his pocket.

They usually use Paul's phone and pass it between them all the time cause it's the only one with a translator. That's precisely what they were doing when Paul decided to run away.

Karine wasn't trying to get her phone back, she was trying to communicate with Paul and the only way she had was to text on Paul's translator. She was desperately trying to grab Paul's phone and kept saying "quero falar" (I want to talk) so give me your phone!  When he gave her the phone, she wrote that she didn't care ( about him? About his criminal past?)

I think the phone she lost in the mugging was her phone (unless she came back with Paul's phone as well).

This scene was pathetic. Got me thinking what arguing would be like in Paul and Karine's home.

Paul : Bitch!  

Gives the phone to Karine

Karine : Dumbass!

Gives the phone to Paul

Paul: Bitch again!

Gives the phone to Karine

So spontaneous.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Bibi said:

Got me thinking what arguing would be like in Paul and Karine's home.

I was thinking about that as well.  And then I realized that because of this ridiculous language barrier we have no idea how well either one of them communicates, with each other or with other people.  And why doesn't Karine have the language app on her phone, as well?  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

I am 46.  Darcey is easily 42 but the fillers and lips make her look older.  I think she has issues and wants to re-live her youth.  (Understatement of the year)

I think she's 43 now.  Pictures of her before the fillers and lip puffing show a beautiful woman.  Now her looks scream "desperate"!!!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

This is obviously a sensitive thing to discuss but I am going to offer my opinion based on experience. Years ago I dated a guy that I came to believe was undiagnosed as bipolar or something similar. He had excessively wild mood swings that came out of the blue. He actually pulled the same exact trick that Paul did in this episode, he would say something along the lines of "you do not deserve to have to deal with someone like me" followed by physically running away while making threats to himself. It is a game and they know what they are doing but they need help. I told the guy I dated to get help for his problems and he wouldn't. So I got the hell out. Karine should do the same. The stigma you refer to I believe results in many people not getting help for their own problems. 

I agree.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I think it's all one big gnarly cocktail of dysfunction.  The actual diagnosis doesn't really matter to me, but ask yourself this:  what job do you see him performing well?  In my brain, the answer is resoundingly "Why, now that you mention it, none!"  Even telemarketing.  He is unfit.  

I'm wondering about his mother's parenting style and her effect on all of the scrambled mess that is his brain. Did she pack hairbrushes in his lunch box? 

Seriously though, it's sad.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I am 46.  Darcey is easily 42 but the fillers and lips make her look older.  I think she has issues and wants to re-live her youth.  (Understatement of the year)

If I weren't told she is 42, I would think 50. I think she had surgery, not only fillers. But maybe she had surgery because she was not aging well. We don't know what she would look like today.

39 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I was thinking about that as well.  And then I realized that because of this ridiculous language barrier we have no idea how well either one of them communicates, with each other or with other people.  And why doesn't Karine have the language app on her phone, as well?  

Not enough money for data.  She probably goes to an Internet café when Paul doesn't send her money to reload her phone.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 9:56 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ok, Paul is legitimately unhinged. Dropping a bombshell on this girl about your criminal past and then immediately and literally running away into the woods. He had crazy eyes when he was begging her not to let him jump into that water. He needs help, she needs to go home. 

I think he was an inch away from hitting her when she kept grabbing for the phone.  Not out of rage but defensiveness.  It didn't look like mental illness to me.   It looked like an Asperger's reaction to stress overload.   Asperger's might also tend to explain his weird obsessions.   And maybe why he had run-ins with women and the law in the past.

On 10/2/2017 at 0:15 PM, Former Nun said:

I'm not controlling, but it certainly would have made my childhood easier if my father did not have a DROP of alcohol.   My children's lives would have been easier if their father could have abstained.  Some people can't handle just "a single cocktail or glass of wine."   Sadly, I understand Jesse's request (wasn't it done kindly?) too well.   Darcey's a snotty, needy woman...without alcohol.

The instant he asked her to stop drinking, I knew he must be the child of an alcoholic.   And I don't blame him one bit.  He doesn't want that in his life, and that is his choice.   I don't think it's a control thing as much as it is self-preservation.   At the same time, it is a very unrealistic request to make of a 42-year-old cougar.   If he wants to be with someone who doesn't drink, that's where he should begin his search for a mate.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

A different belief system?   Ig-nernz?   Lack of adequate medical facilities?   All of the above?

I suspect she has already had medical treatment, and this is just a plot point.  After all, there is nothing else going on in this plot except the fact that she is still doing Chris.  

• Love 5

Am I the only one who found Chris kind of likable?   He was smiling, laid back, polite ... a stark contrast to stick-up-the-ass Sean.    Sure, Chris and Abby are running a con on Sean, but I suspect that even if everything was peachy keen and Chris wasn't in the picture, Sean would still be brooding, insecure and overbearing.   

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, millennium said:

Am I the only one who found Chris kind of likable?   He was smiling, laid back, polite ... a stark contrast to stick-up-the-ass Sean.    Sure, Chris and Abby are running a con on Sean, but I suspect that even if everything was peachy keen and Chris wasn't in the picture, Sean would still be brooding, insecure and overbearing.   

Chris felt like a breath of fresh air compared to Sean.  He seems like someone who is fine with who he is and doesn't care what others think.  We sure don't get much of that on this show. . .or in real life, actually.   Sean is one twisted mofo, and he thinks he is so clever to have figured out the obvious relationship between Chris and Abby.  I really wonder how Sean sees this working out for him.  Because it won't.  

Edited by Sprockets
change in punctuation
  • Love 2

The instant he asked her to stop drinking, I knew he must be the child of an alcoholic.   And I don't blame him one bit.  He doesn't want that in his life, and that is his choice.   I don't think it's a control thing as much as it is self-preservation.   At the same time, it is a very unrealistic request to make of a 42-year-old cougar.   If he wants to be with someone who doesn't drink, that's where he should begin his search for a mate.

Preferences around alcohol are one of many things you would normally find out in the first few months of dating. Which just shows that despite tons of texting, these people are still strangers to each other. Strangers who are talking about proposing and marriage and step-parenting. Its insane.

Chris felt like a breath of fresh air compared to Sean.  He seems like someone who is fine with who he is and doesn't care what others think.  

Chris is more relaxed because he knows he has the upper hand. He and Abby likely worked out this entire situation off-camera before Sean ever got to Haiti. Chris still has Abby firmly under his thumb, so what is there to worry about? I just want to know how much money Chris has given Abby and Abby's family to keep her this compliant.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sean will propose to Abby because that is what he went to Haiti to do, Abby will come to the states and everyone of Sean's friends will tell him he should not marry her but he will.  Rinse and repeat.  I wonder if Chris will give Abby a secret cell phone so when Sean looks at Abby's phone there will be no record of Chris. 

I was amazed that he apparently hasn't already! That's kind of "Affair 101", isn't it?

14 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Somewhere it was established that she really was 42 which really surprised me. I still have doubts about it except when I look at photos of her from a few short years ago.

Those fillers have really aged her face. You've got some doctor trying to sculpt her cheeks by shooting gunk into them. Also she looks sweaty a lot of the time. Do face fillers make a person sweat or is that just menopause? I was so glad when they came out with those cooling memory foam mattress toppers because the other ones were too hot! My husband hate them. Maybe they could make cooling face fillers.

In that hotel lobby scene, she was clutching his face with those piercing nails like an elderly, unstable vampire sucking away at his youth. If I were Jesse's mother I would be very disturbed by that. She's going to have to patiently wait for him to dump Darcey and find another woman before she sees any grandchildren.

Darcey is veering inexorably into Priscilla Presley territory. She used to be a beautiful woman.

PP1.jpeg

PP2.jpeg

• Love 6
On 10/2/2017 at 4:12 PM, Kath94 said:

Anybody else think Antonio sounds like "astronaut Jose Jiminez" when he speaks English?  "Me no unnerstaaan."

For some reason  yes! 

On 10/2/2017 at 5:09 PM, StayingAfterSunday said:

Yep, I caught the spoiled-and-entitled vibe from her the moment she walked out of that pageant the first night.

I would bet the straw in my pepsi that I am handling nervously that her parents up and moved from the upper midwest to Orlando so she could pursue a Disney dream. Just a hunch.

On 10/2/2017 at 8:11 PM, bethster2000 said:

I rewatched the scene between Karine and Sir Burns-a-lot and the cell phone in the woods.  I shouldn't make jokes about Paul, because his behavior and the looks on his face scared the HELL out of me.  Maybe he doesn't derive sexual pleasure from setting fires.  He IS a dangerous man and I fear for Karine.

He scares me too, he not well. Karine is being taken advantage of by TLC and Paul and doesnt' even know it. I think she's a girl hoping for a way out of poverty and has no capacity to understand his issues and what's ahead of her. 

• Love 4

At least Priscilla still looks like herself. Darcey went from a very beautiful woman to looking like Donatella Versace. 

Paul is a pussy ass little mama's boy. He probably set the fire in an attempt to collect insurance money. Insurance fraud happens a lot. He's just not smart enough to get away with it. He probably just lit one of his stuffed animals with a match and thought the investigators wouldn't figure it out. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Chris still has Abby firmly under his thumb, so what is there to worry about? I just want to know how much money Chris has given Abby and Abby's family to keep her this compliant.

I don't see Abby as being under Chris' thumb.  If he really gave a shit about Abby, enough to care if she complies, he wouldn't be cool with meeting her new boyfriend. He'd be jealous and he clearly is not. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I don't see Abby as being under Chris' thumb.  If he really gave a shit about Abby, enough to care if she complies, he wouldn't be cool with meeting her new boyfriend. He'd be jealous and he clearly is not. 

Well, the fact still remains that Chris has nothing to worry about and he knows it. He's not jealous because he knows that Abby really wants him and not Sean; he knows that Sean is just a means to an end for Abby and, in the meantime, she'll keep fucking Chris every chance she gets. Personally, I think Chris is really creepy. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he has a wife at home and has figured out how to make these trips to the DR so he can screw young women without having to deal with the marital repercussions of doing so. So, yeah, she's not "under his thumb" insofar as being controlled or cajoled into doing what he wants, but she damned sure is under his thumb because she's in love with him and thinks he's in love with her. One day she'll realize he was just there to fuck her and in going along with it she has managed to let herself get completely fucked over. Note that I do not believe her future would be any brighter with Sean; he's just an asshole of another color.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2017 at 10:42 PM, Desert Rat said:

Darcy looks so much better without the makeup and eyelashes. And younger too. 

Never drink again?  Are you kidding me?  Darcy had some wine. So what?  Goodbye, asshole. 

Agreed.

For fux sake, you'd need to be wasted 24/7 to be around that boring personality of a door knob guy.  

Did his botox and fillers run out?  Suddenly his forehead went from waxen looking to quite wrinkly.  If this guy is 24 he's aging horribly.

• Love 5

I think that Chris is super creepy.  He doesn't have anything to lose, so of course he can be calm in the midst of the meeting.  If Abby marries Sean and leaves Haiti, Chris will just find someone else to take her place.  Her desperation to get Chris to marry her doesn't faze him as he is good no matter what she ends up doing.

Last night I realized that one of the reasons Darcy may have been drinking too much was the intense pressure she has put on herself to maintain the "youthful" attitude that she displays when she is with Jesse.  The little girl voice, the agreeing with what he says, the continual attempts to appear and act young, etc.  All of that takes a toll and puts a lot of stress on someone.   This may not have been the first time she got a bit wasted, and from the way Jesse reacted to her I think that they have talked about drinking before.  He even said one glass of wine is fine, but it's the drunkenness that is his deal-breaker.  I would imagine that when they were communicating prior to her arrival in Amsterdam that they did communicate about drinking and Darcy downplayed her drinking. 

• Love 8
On 10/2/2017 at 0:49 PM, Kellyee said:

My parents sometimes went to parties and drank when I was little. They weren't alcoholics and I turned out just fine. Jesse doesn't know enough about Darcy yet to judge whether she has a problem with alcohol or not. And yes, Darcy is horrible, but we don't know if she has a problem with alcohol. And Jesse is no prize from what has been shown on the television.

Right.  Darcy hasn't been drinking non stop since she arrived.  And when she was supposedly "belligerent" she didn't seem that drunk.

Why didn't he lecture his drunk asshole stepfather for making the woman he claims to be in love with feel like shit?  

If one night of drinks = alcoholic, perhaps the next time he decides to use an older woman for TV fame he should ask that the woman is not a drinker.  But alas, I think he's using this drinking bit as a way to get out of the relationship and look like the good guy.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, millennium said:

NO!!! He is a Molester- how long has been diddling Abby???

He was licking his lips in the cab! Anticipating play time with Abby!

They are both sick men who cant have a relationship with a normal woman. They need a child to get them off. Yes, I know she is not a child but she knows how to play the game so I think she has been doing this for a long time.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

They are both sick men who cant have a relationship with a normal woman. They need a child to get them off. Yes, I know she is not a child but she knows how to play the game so I think she has been doing this for a long time.

I agree with you Boo, as Chris's leering in the cab gave me the willies, and his nonchalant attitude towards their mutual scabies outbreak really annoyed me. Clearly he's been in this dog and pony show before, whereas she was truly disturbed by her skin's condition. When Chris is telling her that Sean will need treatment as well, he was smirking like, "Aha, now I have proven to that idiot Sean, that I have already sexually claimed you". But Sean has no rights to make demands on her and neither does Chris. She needs to dump both of them and try to find a regular, nice guy who wants a 'normal' relationship/partnership that may lead to marriage. Those two other idiots should just keep vacationing in that country so they can regularly get what they really came for - cheap sex with someone who is young and desperate enough to overlook that they are 'past due' on their "good-until"shelf life.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Right.  Darcy hasn't been drinking non stop since she arrived.  And when she was supposedly "belligerent" she didn't seem that drunk.

Why didn't he lecture his asshole stepfather for making the woman he claims to be in love with feel like shit?  

If one night of drinks = alcoholic, perhaps the next time he decides to use an older woman for TV fame he should ask that the woman is not a drinker.  But alas, I think he's using this drinking bit as a way to get out of the relationship and look like the good guy.  

Yes, I too wondered why he did not say something to his step father about his comment, it was a bit heavy handed but it was the elephant in the room.

We see Jesse with two LV bags walking in to the hotel lobby...how did Jesse know what to pack for Darcy, lol!  Two bags of hair and make up supplies, one pair of ripped jeans and a choker? 

If Darcy had played nice and just had sexy time with the light up balloons and her Dutch Baby there would have not been any issues but she had a little push back and Dutch Baby likes his women a bit more docile.  

Honestly, I did not drink very much when I was in Amsterdam but wow, the second hand smoke in the coffee shops...it was like getting a freebie!  Darcy could give up drinking and take up "coffee."

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Why didn't he lecture his asshole stepfather for making the woman he claims to be in love with feel like shit?  

Good observation. He bothers me in so many ways, it's hard to pick the worst qualities. When his stepfather was pointing out that she was not in his son's 'league', I literally snorted water through my nose LOL. BUT, when Jesse actually agreed (in front of Darcy) with his S-father's observation, I was wondering who on earth told Jesse he even had a 'league', when clearly he doesn't? If Darcy grew a backbone, and mustered up some confidence (like seriously, why doesn't she have any???) she would have stood up, and said goodbye while announcing that none of them are in HER league. Why would she want to stay with a boy who already demonstrates the classic controlling/demanding traits of a future abuser?.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree that she did not seem all that drunk. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Jesse's overreaction to Darcey's drinking might suggest that he  has a family history of alcoholism/substance abuse.

On the "Red Flags" episode Jesse tells Darcey, "Promise me you'll never drink again," a demand that seems unreasonable on surface, but now I'm wondering if more went on behind the scenes that was not shown on t.v.  For instance, in a private conversation it could be that Darcey admitted to Jesse that she has a problem with alcohol and that "it would never happen again," or words to that effect.  It's possible Jesse was just reiterating and confirming what the two had already discussed.  Just a thought...

• Love 1

It's interesting because I did feel bad for Darcy when Jesse's stepfather was putting her down, yet:

• I felt satisfied when FatherKarine was visibly annoyed with Paul's presence and hating on him in Portuguese and
  • I was really hoping that FatherAbby was going to tear into Sean, and I was disappointed that he didn't. 

Realizing my own double standards. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, I did not drink very much when I was in Amsterdam but wow, the second hand smoke in the coffee shops...it was like getting a freebie!  Darcy could give up drinking and take up "coffee."

My mom used to always tell me that whatever 'little' habits you find annoying about your mate during dating, will always develop into huge character traits you will find yourself hating. I'm not even dating Jesse and I am already hating his "Do this… or we're done" ultimatums.

3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Sean moping around crying that she loves Chris more than him…? Hello? Since when does sleeping with the guy who has the most money equal love? Like you pointed out, Chris doesn't care. He knows he just needs to bring out his wallet and he'll have a line up of gals willing to take on his scabies. As for Sean, he's embarrassing himself by even chasing after both Abby and Chris. Come on man, choose another gal online.

4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

He scares me too, he not well. Karine is being taken advantage of by TLC and Paul and doesnt' even know it. I think she's a girl hoping for a way out of poverty and has no capacity to understand his issues and what's ahead of her. 

I was surprised when he started rattling off his criminal past as I was always under the impression that conviction and jail time pretty much closes any hopes of world travel. Did TLC pull some strings? And if so, WHY for him? He is so damaged, personality-wise, clothing/looks -wise, and intelligence-wise. He's such a sad-sack who cannot carry on a normal conversations because his phobias keep intruding, well… Karine can do way better. Hopefully this show will get her a higher profile. Heck, even jealous Sean would be better. Karine's too nice to this loser.

On 1 October, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Bibi said:

She's the one who  wanted to have sex with him so desperately.

I think she was desperately looking for anything he might be actually good at. It appears this wood nymph has nada worth pursuing.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Last night I realized that one of the reasons Darcy may have been drinking too much was the intense pressure she has put on herself to maintain the "youthful" attitude that she displays when she is with Jesse.  The little girl voice, the agreeing with what he says, the continual attempts to appear and act young, etc.  All of that takes a toll and puts a lot of stress on someone.   

I am so glad to see someone address this aspect of the relationship:  The work involved!

It strikes me, too, as stressful, trying to look and act much younger than her actual age.  How can the older woman (Darcey) be herself when she is self conscious about everything she does so as not to draw even more attention to the age gap? 

• Love 5
On 1 October, 2017 at 6:19 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Cortney is so dense I'm irritated just listening to her talk. Antonio is certainly no prize, but all she's done is bitch and moan about everything  and snoop through his phone. "Are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" "Does your sister know we're dating?"  Girl, make up your mind! One minute you're complaining about him and the next you're demanding he call you his girlfriend. 

Cort needs a dose of "He's just not that into you". She has lovely eyes, and other than that, I come up with zilch. She harps on things that cannot be undone, and she doesn't appear to have any intelligence (which leads to a lack of conversation topics). Why do these ordinary - to mundane - people travel across the world to try and 'own' a person who wouldn't give them a second look if they weren't so financially strapped? And I am starting to think the 90 day fiancee try-outs are representing the bottom of the barrel because not many people are vying for that 'green card' that every American is positive is the only goal?

• Love 5