Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Yeeeaahh!  12 pages in and I could finally sneak in here ?  HI y'All!

Well, to address the bolded part of ZW post.  I guess I just don't understand why it bothers them that the SG placement is so prominent.  Personally, if I had a friend that hit it big with a product of hers and it made her a multimillionaire, I'd be all WOOHOO, let's party!  Then if her product happened to be placed in all the social venues we visited, I'd still be tickled to know that I KNOW that person, that's MY friends creation.  In other words, I'd be proud of her and proud to be a friend, because I know that she worked very hard for it.  It's not like these girls are being forced to guzzle the stuff.  There always seems to be other alternatives for them to choose from, like Tito's (the suddenly new "it" preferred tequila).  Also, in the pic above with Luann doing the infamous "be cool, don't be all uncool", I detected the blue cap of the popular Grey Goose vodka along side the SG bottles.  It's funny how they're all sick of seeing the SG brand, yet they won't turn down the 2nd hand benefits of association.  Bethenny is hustling hard to get her product to become a regular stock item in stores and bars.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but what's to be irritated about it?  When these chick's go into a restaurant or bar and constantly see the well known brands of liquor, like Grey Goose, Patron, Chivas, etc., do they get bothered and wince and say Oh, Please, not Grey Goose again?  Well, if SG continues to sell and makes it on those shelves as a stock items, I would think that they would feel good in having a front seat in watching someone they know have big success with it.  

So, yeah, if they can't be happy for a friend's success (even a reality show friend), then they are Jelly!  

I bolded this, because you nailed it. These ladies aren't her friends! The only one that is her friend is Carole, and she is the only one that gets excited about Skinny Girl. They aren't friends hanging out, they are castmembers on a reality show, have contracts, and are getting paid. Bethanny makes money from SG, not them. I don't think the SG thing bothers them to death and they complain about it constantly... but I think their negative comments, i they make any, are just because it's getting annoying and maybe because they are rich and used to luxury and don't want to drink $12 wine and tequila mix. I mean, the shit is really cheap. Bethanny reminds me of "that" date, where the guy takes you somewhere really nice but orders the cheapest app and water. It's worse to be somewhere awesome and have to eat shit! Damnit! Thank god there was some good booze there. That's a huge relief. 

• Love 8

Knowing that Bethenny has been doing yoga for a lot of years, I'm sure the photos aren't photos hopped

I don't see her as looking photoshopped in her pics at all, either.

I think Bethanny thought that everyone would like her once she got rich and now people really hate her. She seems the most unhappy, the most unlikable, and the most hateful in this season than any other. 

I guess mileage varies on all of that...while I do think she might have hoped more of the HWs might respect her more, I don't think she cares on how many of them like or hate her because she is rich. She seems to be enjoying her life, family, work, and business.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I don't see her as looking photoshopped in her pics at all, either.

I guess mileage varies on all of that...while I do think she might have hoped more of the HWs might respect her more, I don't think she cares on how many of them like or hate her because she is rich. She seems to be enjoying her life, family, work, and business.

I don't think she looks photoshopped either.  I do believe she uses filters on some of her photos (usually the closeups of her face) but those pictures don't look 'shopped to me. 

I think Bethenny is just a victim of Tall Poppy syndrome. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Yeeeaahh!  12 pages in and I could finally sneak in here ?  HI y'All!

Well, to address the bolded part of ZW post.  I guess I just don't understand why it bothers them that the SG placement is so prominent.  Personally, if I had a friend that hit it big with a product of hers and it made her a multimillionaire, I'd be all WOOHOO, let's party!  Then if her product happened to be placed in all the social venues we visited, I'd still be tickled to know that I KNOW that person, that's MY friends creation.  In other words, I'd be proud of her and proud to be a friend, because I know that she worked very hard for it.  It's not like these girls are being forced to guzzle the stuff.  There always seems to be other alternatives for them to choose from, like Tito's (the suddenly new "it" preferred tequila).  Also, in the pic above with Luann doing the infamous "be cool, don't be all uncool", I detected the blue cap of the popular Grey Goose vodka along side the SG bottles.  It's funny how they're all sick of seeing the SG brand, yet they won't turn down the 2nd hand benefits of association.  Bethenny is hustling hard to get her product to become a regular stock item in stores and bars.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but what's to be irritated about it?  When these chick's go into a restaurant or bar and constantly see the well known brands of liquor, like Grey Goose, Patron, Chivas, etc., do they get bothered and wince and say Oh, Please, not Grey Goose again?  Well, if SG continues to sell and makes it on those shelves as a stock items, I would think that they would feel good in having a front seat in watching someone they know have big success with it.  

So, yeah, if they can't be happy for a friend's success (even a reality show friend), then they are Jelly!  

But Beth isn't their friend.  I have no idea who's jealous or not jealous and don't really care. I would be annoyed that this woman (Beth) who mocks, jab laughs at all us constantly every chance she gets....   and I have to drink that swill she calls a cocktail, no.  I didn't blame Ramona in Vermont when asked if she wanted  skinnygirl wine,  refused it. 

If my friend had a successful brand, hell yeah I'd be so happy for her. Like I said the problem is,  Beth isn't their friend and Beth doesn't care about them or their shit  projects or their lives and they all know it. 

Eta: sorry I didn't see @bravofan27's post. 

Eta:Tito's is vodka, not tequila. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Who's Coco?  That Goddess pose looks tacky.  Her sister is doing the bulk of it by carrying the weight on her legs.  All this Coco person is doing is sitting on her sisters feet.  I'm sure that Bethenny could hold a pose while sitting on someone's feet, too.  Knowing that Bethenny has been doing yoga for a lot of years, I'm sure the photos aren't photos hopped.   Don't know why Bethenny is being ridiculous because she's smiling in her yoga pose?  

She's rapper Ice-T's wife.   Dressed more modestly than I'm accustomed to seeing her.

4 hours ago, imjagain said:

and I have to drink that swill she calls a cocktail,

But they aren't required to drink it.  Or support it, endorse it, recommend it, shill it, none of those.    It's everywhere the cameras are because it's allowed to be.  Sales gurus on the board, isn't promotion about visibility?  The same way that Lu was permitted to show us her designs, Ramona was allowed to put truRenewal in front of us, Heather gave out yummie tummie.   Even tangentionally, we know about John Medessian's and Bobby Zarin's businesses because they've been seen here.   I mean if she's selling out liquor that tastes terrible, some of that would have to be because of oversaturation/exposure, some because of whatever appeal it might have to a can't miss industry (diet).  No?   My question is why any of them are salty that she capitalized on the same opportunity they have?  

• Love 11
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

They are being forced to guzzle it because of the endless promotion of Beth's product which IMO ain't all that good.  That is what's irritating. 

And on a personal note, SG RTD or vodka, etc. is not on par with Patron, or Grey Goose, or Tito's.  Their popularity has nothing to do with endless promotion.  People happen to like them. 

They're not being forced to guzzle it.  I just pointed out how there always seems to be other alternatives around.  We saw Ramona and Tinsley express and drank other brands while together with the group.  Yes, SG is not on par with those other brands, Yet.  And whose to know if when those very popular brands were in their beginning phases that they wouldn't have been promoted on a show like Real Howives, had these type of shows been around then and someone representing those brands was hired as a castmate.  Those brands have been around for a lot of years now, but at one time, they must have had to promote them (and still do, just not heavy promotion, as they are pretty much established).   But we still do see commercials for them all.  Also, people happen to like some of Beth's  mixed drinks also.  I think her original RTD Margarita is decent and convenient for a hurried person.  Liquor taste are very varied.  Also, most people lob onto a brand name, IMHO, only because it's popular and "considered" to be good, not because they are alcohol connoisseurs.  While I would drink most any high price liquor if it's offered to me, there are numerous less pricey brands that I actually LIKE better.  I guess only time will tell whether SG will be around for the long term.

As far as the other Howives like for Bethenny, yeah it most definitely plays a role in their attitude towards the promotional placements of her products, but they sure we're kissing up to her on this trip, every single one of them, except Carol.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She's rapper Ice-T's wife.   Dressed more modestly than I'm accustomed to seeing her.

Oh, I'm familiar with Ice-T's wife Coco, but didn't recognize the last name.  Also, I guess I'm used to seeing her look like,  more like a streetwalker.  Are you SURE that's the same Person?  She does yoga?   She doesn't seem to have a yoga body with all those boobs and exaggerated butt.  Oh well, learn something new everyday.

• Love 1

I think good friends would be annoyed if their friend constantly used every event to promote their brand.  Beth makes everything about her brand.  And of course, she's smart to do just that on this show; they all pretty much promote their own brands -- just not to the ridiculous extent that Beth does.  But being irritated by being a part of her constant promotional activities as a castmate does not equate to being jealous.  Hell that woman is either angry or on the verge of tears constantly.  I wouldn't trade my life for her bank account. She's living proof that money does not buy happiness.  

Not to mention, they're all supposed to gush over this great honor bestowed to them.  It was a beautiful place, but Beth has made this trip out to be some sort of once in a lifetime trip.  It seemed pretty much just like the luxury trips they've taken that weren't sponsored by Skinny Girl (although every trip she manages to get her brand in by bringing her SG gift bags).

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Beth seems happy overall.

Not when she's crying about being raised by wolves, not having a family, being "homeless", or her torturous divorce, or ripping into Luann because she's a slut whore who sleeps with EVERYONE, accusing Dorinda of doing coke,... but YMMV

• Love 12

I must really not be paying attention, because I just don't see the Skinny Girl stuff that much.  I'm watching the housewives.  Really, who cares if her brand is on display in every episode, as long as they have choices.  

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Beth seems happy overall.

She does? She seems to be on the verge of tears almost constantly.  And when she's not crying, she's usually talking about how she's being victimized by her ex, her ex's family, by castmates, and then the "I have to apologize for my success" diatribe.  

Oh wait, she does seem very happy when she's trashing her castmates either on the talking heads or to their faces.   

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7

Bethanny is happy in her talking heads. In her actually interactions she seems miserable. She's ALWAYS yelling, correcting, interjecting, making faces, frowning, and she only smiles and laughs when someone makes a sex joke.  She also constantly interrupts people, and if she is listening to someone it's usually with this face bizarre face like she can't believe what they are saying, with wide eyes and no expression. Then when they are done talking she either says something rude, launches into a tirade, or leaves. She just refuses to listen to what anyone has to say, for real. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I must really not be paying attention, because I just don't see the Skinny Girl stuff that much.  I'm watching the housewives.  Really, who cares if her brand is on display in every episode, as long as they have choices.  

Bethennynis actually really proud of her constant placement of Skinnygirl.  When she was on WWHL, she and Jeff Lewis were laughing about Bethenny's endless promotion and placement of Skinnygirl.  Jeff even mentioned he would love to get that sort of product placement for his brand.  Jeff even made the comment he wished he could get that kind of placement.  It is something that does not go unnoticed.   It is a source of pride for her. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethennynis actually really proud of her constant placement of Skinnygirl.  When she was on WWHL, she and Jeff Lewis were laughing about Bethenny's endless promotion and placement of Skinnygirl.  Jeff even mentioned he would love to get that sort of product placement for his brand.  Jeff even made the comment he wished he could get that kind of placement.  It is something that does not go unnoticed.   It is a source of pride for her. 

Isn't that normal though?  I mean, given where B was in season 1?

I have issues with her sometimes, but her reaction to drunk Dorinda and product placement, isn't one of them.  She cannot provide it without Bravo's blessing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Bethanny is happy in her talking heads. In her actually interactions she seems miserable. She's ALWAYS yelling, correcting, interjecting, making faces, frowning, and she only smiles and laughs when someone makes a sex joke. 

The issue I have with Bethenny, who now considers herself  of designer, was asked on WWHL (in the LA week) which cast members' house she would redecorate, she actually answered the question, instead of side stepping it or saying she would be happy to lend a hand to anyone who asked..  She initially said Dorinda, who has been very candid about how much time, love and money she spent restoring beloved Berkshires' home, got booed and changed to Sonja.  Bethenny would have a major meltdown if one of the women made a negative comment about her beloved Skinnygirl.  So if she can put it out there so can the others.

If Bethenny is suppose to be the face and body of Skinnygirl she should leave her personality out of it.  What a horrible example for a good time product.  She was brow beating the other ladies about behaving when they went to Souza, continually mentioned hw much they drank (there goes the responsible drinking portion of Suntory/Beam's message) and we as viewers saw the overserving in Skinnygirl branded pitchers and the like.  Who in their right mind would spend $10k a night on a villa and then serve US bottled pre-mixed margaritas.  Hello there was a staff and really good tequila produced just miles away. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Isn't that normal though?  I mean, given where B was in season 1?

I have issues with her sometimes, but her reaction to drunk Dorinda and product placement, isn't one of them.  She cannot provide it without Bravo's blessing.

Skinnygirl pre-mixed cocktails weren't a thing in Season1.  I don't think they became a thing until Season 3.  Even back then Bethenny had developed and was ordering a skinny girl's margarita.  At the time I think she was on Bethenny Bakes and being a chef to celebrities.  They did an entire segment of her trying to get people to sample the product.  She later did a thing for Sara Lee and they did a segment of her with the sandwich thins or whatever they were.  She obviously has their blessing and it seems their is some backlash from the audience and some of her co-stars.  My guess is their feelings is it is an ensemble cast and promoting her product should not be forced on them.

Here is an example of where I think it backfires on Bethenny.  When she went to Sonja's tea, after making snotty comments about women having nothing better to do then go to a tea a 3:30 in the afternoon (it is called working in this case) she presented some peach Skinnygirl swill.  She hardly acknowledged Tinsley but did manage to get her Skinnygirl new flavor plug in.   When asked about it, she said, well what was I suppose to do go down on her? (Classy.) She then continued with every woman who comes on is either going to kiss her ass or pick a fight to be relevant.  To me, it comes off as this is all about me and sit down and shut up while I pimp my products.  Then when someone doesn't contribute much they are accused of either attaching themselves to her storyline or being irrelevant.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Skinnygirl pre-mixed cocktails weren't a thing in Season1.  I don't think they became a thing until Season 3.  Even back then Bethenny had developed and was ordering a skinny girl's margarita.  At the time I think she was on Bethenny Bakes and being a chef to celebrities.  They did an entire segment of her trying to get people to sample the product.  She later did a thing for Sara Lee and they did a segment of her with the sandwich thins or whatever they were.  She obviously has their blessing and it seems their is some backlash from the audience and some of her co-stars.  My guess is their feelings is it is an ensemble cast and promoting her product should not be forced on them.

Here is an example of where I think it backfires on Bethenny.  When she went to Sonja's tea, after making snotty comments about women having nothing better to do then go to a tea a 3:30 in the afternoon (it is called working in this case) she presented some peach Skinnygirl swill.  She hardly acknowledged Tinsley but did manage to get her Skinnygirl new flavor plug in.   When asked about it, she said, well what was I suppose to do go down on her? (Classy.) She then continued with every woman who comes on is either going to kiss her ass or pick a fight to be relevant.  To me, it comes off as this is all about me and sit down and shut up while I pimp my products.  Then when someone doesn't contribute much they are accused of either attaching themselves to her storyline or being irrelevant.

I know they weren't a thing in season 1, but we saw a struggling B trying to get a business started.  Like her or hate her, she has every reason to be proud....that's all I was addressing.  

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I know they weren't a thing in season 1, but we saw a struggling B trying to get a business started.  Like her or hate her, she has every reason to be proud....that's all I was addressing.  

Amen sister. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Bethanny is happy in her talking heads. In her actually interactions she seems miserable. She's ALWAYS yelling, correcting, interjecting, making faces, frowning, and she only smiles and laughs when someone makes a sex joke.

I dunno, I think she's been smiling/laughing a lot more this season. And she does this thing when amused where she opens her eyes wide and raises her eyebrows and nods a lot, which I really like for some reason, lol.  Her reaction to Dorinda's "CLIP!" was pretty priceless. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

They're not being forced to guzzle it.  I just pointed out how there always seems to be other alternatives around.  We saw Ramona and Tinsley express and drank other brands while together with the group.  Yes, SG is not on par with those other brands, Yet.  And whose to know if when those very popular brands were in their beginning phases that they wouldn't have been promoted on a show like Real Howives, had these type of shows been around then and someone representing those brands was hired as a castmate.  Those brands have been around for a lot of years now, but at one time, they must have had to promote them (and still do, just not heavy promotion, as they are pretty much established).   But we still do see commercials for them all.  Also, people happen to like some of Beth's  mixed drinks also.  I think her original RTD Margarita is decent and convenient for a hurried person.  Liquor taste are very varied.  Also, most people lob onto a brand name, IMHO, only because it's popular and "considered" to be good, not because they are alcohol connoisseurs.  While I would drink most any high price liquor if it's offered to me, there are numerous less pricey brands that I actually LIKE better.  I guess only time will tell whether SG will be around for the long term.

As far as the other Howives like for Bethenny, yeah it most definitely plays a role in their attitude towards the promotional placements of her products, but they sure we're kissing up to her on this trip, every single one of them, except Carol.  

I have to disagree.  Tito's is very popular right now.  I've never seen a Tito's commercial.  People like it. 

Did Beth offer any other spirits at her Christmas party?  The one with the luge?  How about the fall party she had in the Hamptons.  SG is never going to reach the popularity of other spirits because it's just not all that good and RTD is a small segment of the market.  That's not saying she's unsuccessful.  It's saying it's not going to be part of the big boys (sorry, I can't come up with a better term).  Neither is her wine, vodka, etc.  The name Skinnygirl is only going to reach a certain segment.  Guys are not going to go into a bar and order a Skinnygirl vodka and soda.

The only reason why Beth gets kissing up is because Bravo has given her so much power in the franchise.  But we have seen chinks in the armor.  Lu didn't play into it last season.  Ro didn't do it in the beginning of this season.  Doris didn't do it when she had a few in Mexico.  Unfortunately,  both Ro and Doris broke down in the end.  This is why I would love for Heather to come back.  She's the only one who can go up against Beth.  She can be reasonable but at the same time hold her ground and not put up with the BS of Beth.

• Love 5

Not when she's crying about being raised by wolves, not having a family, being "homeless", or her torturous divorce, or ripping into Luann because she's a slut whore who sleeps with EVERYONE, accusing Dorinda of doing coke,... but YMMV

Has she done each and every one of those things over the last year or so? I'm guessing not. Mileage does vary indeed, and greatly.

She does? She seems to be on the verge of tears almost constantly.  And when she's not crying, she's usually talking about how she's being victimized by her ex, her ex's family, by castmates, and then the "I have to apologize for my success" diatribe.  

I don't see it that way at all. I never said she was happy all the time. Like each HW, she has her good and bad. She just seems happy overall.

This show is some edited hours of a few months of the year in total. As I said, overall, she seems happy with her life.

Bethennynis actually really proud of her constant placement of Skinnygirl.

As well she should be.

Jeff even made the comment he wished he could get that kind of placement.  It is something that does not go unnoticed. 

I'm sure some of the other HWs wish the same for themselves.

she actually answered the question, instead of side stepping it or saying she would be happy to lend a hand to anyone who asked

So...she actually answered a question honestly, instead of giving some generic feel good answer?

Here is an example of where I think it backfires on Bethenny. 

How did that backfire on her? She went to HW event and get her product across.

Her reaction to Dorinda's "CLIP!" was pretty priceless.

Her and Tinsley.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

...they all pretty much promote their own brands -- just not to the ridiculous extent that Beth does.   

What products do any of them have left?

Ramona's Pinot that she tried to push at every event by bringing a case with her is no longer in productions trurenewal or whatever it was is a puff of smoke. I'm not even sure if it was ever in production and available for sale.

Sonia had a non-existent toaster oven and cook book that she promoted but never manifested. Her life style brand another puff of smoke.

Luann: has mentioned her line a few times but hasn't really taken advantage of the promotional aspect of this show.

Dorinda: nada 

Carol: nada

Timsley: nada

If they're sick of B hogging the spotlight maybe they should produce something, anything that will knock her off her high horse. If they're sick of her over-promoting and using them as props then they need to take steps towards getting away from that instead of being passive aggressive. 

• Love 9
On 8/7/2017 at 3:00 PM, Martinigirl said:

Dorinda WAS shitfaced! Yet, Ramona was looking the roughest the next morning

Ramona was looking the roughest from the jump. She has Grey Scale and we need Sam Tarley stat.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Ramona's Pinot that she tried to push at every event by bringing a case with her is no longer in productions trurenewal or whatever it was is a puff of smoke. I'm not even sure if it was ever in production and available for sale.

Sonia had a non-existent toaster oven and cook book that she promoted but never manifested. Her life style brand another puff of smoke.

Luann: has mentioned her line a few times but hasn't really taken advantage of the promotional aspect of this show.

If they're sick of B hogging the spotlight maybe they should produce something, anything that will knock her off her high horse. If they're sick of her over-promoting and using them as props then they need to take steps towards getting away from that instead of being passive aggressive. 

All the women across all the franchises wish their product(s), if they have/had them, were as successful as Bethenny's.  I think we all agree she's kind of the gold standard when it comes to HW professional success.

And if they aren't wishing they were AS successful - because that would equal hard work - and some of them just don't seem to love working (Carole, Sonja) they, at least, were hoping they'd be somewhat lucrative.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, ryebread said:

All the women across all the franchises wish their product(s), if they have/had them, were as successful as Bethenny's.  I think we all agree she's kind of the gold standard when it comes to HW professional success.

And if they aren't wishing they were AS successful - because that would equal hard work - and some of them just don't seem to love working (Carole, Sonja) they, at least, were hoping they'd be somewhat lucrative.

Exactly. Does it translate into jealousy? Probably, even if they aren't willing to do the work. I am jealous as shit of my SIL's body. Girl is a size two and strong as an ox. She also runs everyday. Every. Day. Even after being up all night drinking. And does yoga 3 times a week. She is committed. I am not as committed, but am still jealous, which I will freely admit. And lazy. 

• Love 7

Maybe what the other women and I can only speak for myself, would like is the show not to be about promoting their various products.  Let them buy ads.  I think we all now know how successful Bethenny became.  Do her show friends have to continue to keep telling her is she?  It is not as if she is trying to lift these women's spirits.  When she said she could not even share about all her successes because she would feel like she is gloating-since when has Bethenny not shared?  Would it be appropriate for Dorinda week after week to talk about a huge dividend that was paid out in stock portfolio due to her genius late husband's investing and through osmosis her continuing success and growing wealth?  

I know equate Skinnygirl, to Secor Laxatives.  The often mentioned by rarely utilized Mad Men client/product.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

I am just getting back here and did not have time to read all the pages but thanks to those that gave great detail about PB vs WPB. Very interesting stuff. 

I think what Tinsley was trying to say and Bethenny gave her a nudge, it is not how much time Tom and Luann spend in Palm Beach vs. West Palm Beach it is that they are not considered important or socialites.  Which of course has nothing to do with dropping f-bombs in public.  Sonja pretty much did that for the world when she talked about how  random the people on the yacht at Luann's engagement party in PALM BEACH, not West Palm Beach.  The reality is these women are being very snobbish.  Bethenny even said something about Luann saying my friends in Palm Beach.  If Luann's friends live in Palm Beach she wouldn't say I am going to see my friends in West Palm Beach because that is where their home is.  Contrary to what Tinsley is trying to portray people don't get forced across the bridge because they dare socialize with someone who as their vacation home in West Palm Beach.  My guess is there isn't a society scene in West Palm Beach.  All Tinsley was saying is they don't run with the A-List.  Of course Tinsley is legally restrained from a portion of the A listers.  I t should not have bothered anyone though where Luann spent her time.  Looks like that will no longer be an issue.

Bottom line these women, except for perhaps Tinsley don't really circulate with the creme de la creme.  I think they have all rubbed shoulders but no one really seeks them out in the upper echelons of high society.  The best example ever of social climbers-Alex and Simon and they went nowhere. They bought tickets to A list gatherings.

• Love 1

Bethenny would have a major meltdown if one of the women made a negative comment about her beloved Skinnygirl. 

No doubt, just look at how offended she got over Ramona's innocuous comment, and how she lost her shit over Dorinda's gibberish - two incidents compared to the fifty 'leven times the women have helped promote SG.

Good on Beth that she has free rein to saturate the show with her products, but there's such a desperation to it all that it makes me wonder what her booze sales were like before she returned to the show.

Neither is her wine, vodka, etc.

Diet wine and vodka just sounds gross, and unnecessary; if one is that meticulous about counting calories, then just don't drink as much. I can't imagine the compromise in taste would be worth the saving of a few calories.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Maybe what the other women and I can only speak for myself, would like is the show not to be about promoting their various products

Nah, they probably just wish they could be as successful as Bethenny in promoting their products (or themselves).

, it is not how much time Tom and Luann spend in Palm Beach vs. West Palm Beach it is that they are not considered important or socialites

I would guess they aren't top dogs in the PB social scene.

how  random the people on the yacht at Luann's engagement party in PALM BEACH, not West Palm Beach

People in Staten Island can have their engagement parties in Manhatten. Just like people who don't have homes in the Hamptons can rent homes or properties for events there.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bagger said:

I think Carole promotes boyfriend Adam's brand -- whatever that really is beyond "sexy salad" -- but prior to that it was her books she was pimping.  

15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree she should be very proud.  And I enjoyed watching her success.  I just wish she was the humble, self-deprecating Beth pre-success.  I feel like success has inflated her head to the point where she now thinks she's the expert on everything.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

I would guess they aren't top dogs in the PB social scene.

People in Staten Island can have their engagement parties in Manhatten. Just like people who don't have homes in the Hamptons can rent homes or properties for events there.

To me it is kind of on the listener if they get all that wrapped up in someone saying the word Palm Beach.  Bethenny's talking head was all about Luann saying we're getting married in Palm Beach, my friends in Palm Beach.  They were factual statements on Luann's part.  If Tinsley and the rest want to convince people it means more it is just a bit of a reach for me.  I think that is why Luann brought up the fact that Tinsley lives with her mother in Palm Beach.  Of course only Tinsley can crow about having a restraining order against her in certain residences in Palm Beach-and they are high society addresses.  

It is just another case of Dorinda and Bethenny telling people what they can and cannot talk about.  Now Tinsley can throw her hat in the ring.  Obviously Tinsley, after hinting for a wedding invite, go her fine little nose out of joint and decided to rip Luann behind her back.  See I just don't know where Kelly Bensimon and Harry Dubin fit in society wise in Palm Beach.  Or are they just suppose to be fortunate to be seen and photographed with the great Tinsley Mortimer.

Factual statements can be misleading, depending on the context.

I doubt Tinsley got her nose out of joint for not being invited to the wedding of a woman she barely knows.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ramona was looking the roughest from the jump. She has Grey Scale and we need Sam Tarley stat.

Dang. Thought you were gonna say Grey Goose. My fav vodka...no headaches. Tito's sucks! But hey, if it's popular and my friends like it...cheaper for me to stock the bar...I'm all for it! But Tito's still sucks! 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 1

Everyone who has anything to promote is trying to do that if they are smart. LVP on the BH show has at least some type of meet and greet at one of her restaurants each season. Maybe just having someone meet her at a restaurant for lunch, but it is a reminder of what she does. And we will see her working, which goes on to show that she has a restaurant that is open for business. Kyle does all kinds of things at her store. Usually several scenes a year where the fact that she has a shop open for business is made clear. I would guess Kyle works as hard hard to market The Agency as Bethenny does SG (which bothers some to no end, but bothers me not one bit. It is smart as hell).  Tamra on the OC is often at her gym, reminding us that memberships are there if anyone is interested (well, she doesn't say it, but clearly that is the point). Vicki is in her office as a reminder that she has insurance to hock. Heather use to have her clothes all over the place. She would post in her blogs or on Twitter whenever Carole, Lu, or Kristen would be wearing one of her frocks. And in her second season, it seemed like one of them always had something of hers on. And of course she was a marketing genius in the way she made it clear that Lu was wearing Yummy underwear in her "don't be all uncool rant". It's just wasn't obvious from watching the show, because they were garments and not bottles with SG on them. 

I barely notice the SG stuff. It isn't like she spends a ton of time talking about it or doing a commercial for the stuff on the show. It is there, but outside of this trip, I don't see her talking about her stuff all the time. It happens to be easy stuff to have around, and she is smart enough to make sure it is around. If Lu wanted to, she could have gotten the gals to wear her frocks on the show and talk about them. She could have gotten the others to wear her big statement necklaces. That is what Heather did, and it gave her the opportunity to point it out on social media later.

The girls that are smart are working like crazy while on this show to promote whatever it is that have going on off the show, so that they will have some income to work with when the Bravo cameras are no longer interested in them. 

• Love 5

Beth tries to portray herself as a thick skinned bad ass business woman but she is really just an insecure person with a smart ass mouth for deflection and self preservation.

Perfect.  Is a therapist allowed to tell her that and save herself thousands of dollars in therapy bills?  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

Perfect.  Is a therapist allowed to tell her that and save herself thousands of dollars in therapy bills?  

Funny! She used to film her therapy sessions and the therapist pretty much told her exactly that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I agree she should be very proud.  And I enjoyed watching her success.  I just wish she was the humble, self-deprecating Beth pre-success.  I feel like success has inflated her head to the point where she now thinks she's the expert on everything.  

You just reminded me of one of my favorite lines from Bethenny.  Favorite because she said it spontaneously, and not in a TH when she's had time to plan whatever 'clever' thing she's going to say.

It was in the Turks & Caicos when Heather called her a Know-It-All.   "Maybe I know it all!  I may Know. IT. all.  So if you'd like to know any of it all, come to me and I'll tell you."  Ha ha.  And then she calls Carole "Heather's Pet".  That might be the one time I completely enjoyed and agreed with Bethenny.  To watch that clip and see how Bethenny rolled then is definitely different than how she acted on the Tequila Trip.  She's got much less patience now.

For old timey sake:

Know-it-All

Edited by ryebread
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Everyone who has anything to promote is trying to do that if they are smart. LVP on the BH show has at least some type of meet and greet at one of her restaurants each season. Maybe just having someone meet her at a restaurant for lunch, but it is a reminder of what she does. And we will see her working, which goes on to show that she has a restaurant that is open for business. Kyle does all kinds of things at her store. Usually several scenes a year where the fact that she has a shop open for business is made clear. I would guess Kyle works as hard hard to market The Agency as Bethenny does SG (which bothers some to no end, but bothers me not one bit. It is smart as hell).  Tamra on the OC is often at her gym, reminding us that memberships are there if anyone is interested (well, she doesn't say it, but clearly that is the point). Vicki is in her office as a reminder that she has insurance to hock. Heather use to have her clothes all over the place. She would post in her blogs or on Twitter whenever Carole, Lu, or Kristen would be wearing one of her frocks. And in her second season, it seemed like one of them always had something of hers on. And of course she was a marketing genius in the way she made it clear that Lu was wearing Yummy underwear in her "don't be all uncool rant". It's just wasn't obvious from watching the show, because they were garments and not bottles with SG on them. 

I barely notice the SG stuff. It isn't like she spends a ton of time talking about it or doing a commercial for the stuff on the show. It is there, but outside of this trip, I don't see her talking about her stuff all the time. It happens to be easy stuff to have around, and she is smart enough to make sure it is around. If Lu wanted to, she could have gotten the gals to wear her frocks on the show and talk about them. She could have gotten the others to wear her big statement necklaces. That is what Heather did, and it gave her the opportunity to point it out on social media later.

The girls that are smart are working like crazy while on this show to promote whatever it is that have going on off the show, so that they will have some income to work with when the Bravo cameras are no longer interested in them. 

Yes, they are smart to get their products on their respective shows and if they can do it, ala Heathers/LVP/Kyle's method, I am all for it. I dislike it when the product is displayed 90% of the time, like SKG, in the background, when we know it wouldn't be there normally. I doubt that any NY HW, other than Bethenny and maybe Carole, keep bottles of SKG sitting out on a counter/bar or even in their homes to begin with. To me, that comes across as forced, a set up........worse yet, it feels staged and not natural like putting on a comfortable bra/panties given to them by another HW. As always though, YMMV LOL

• Love 1

I have a feeling that if the other women could promote their product as much as Bethenny could, they would.

Wait, LVP made a whole spin-off about one of hers...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Yeah she was great back then. When she asked a guy to try her cupcakes in that grocery store and he said no, but asked where the rotisserie chickens were and she actually gave him directions like she worked there is my all time fave Bethenny moment.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

There aren't any statement necklaces. I remember at one time Luann was wearing statement necklaces made by a friend of hers but I don't know if she was getting paid or just getting the necklaces for free. I do not recall Luann ever having statement necklaces on Evine. As for Luann and her Countess Collection - she has worn a few of her items and they were all hideous. I don't think she could convince any of the other ladies into wearing them. Isn't Evine somewhat comparable to HSN or QVC? At least with both Lisa Rinna and Nene Leakes there were many episodes featuring a trip to do a 24 hour sale of their clothes - did Luann ever do that? I think her clothes tanked because people who know her don't find it believable that she wears any of this. Bethenny does well with her brand because she embodies the brand. Lisa Rinna and Nene Leakes do well - because their target market believe they wear the clothes.

722-276&$472x472_jpg$

Can you picture Luann wearing this frock for a night out at the Regency or Beautique? Can someone explain what's with the built in Baby Bjorn?

Each of the ladies work hard to increase their social media follower count and pump their wares through them. They use their social media platforms to let their followers know about where their stuff can be bought or when they will next be on live. Luann has done it the least, her following only increased by 3000 and this was the year of her "wedding" That's bad on the business front.

• Love 4