Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TotalHellion said:

Dare I say that this guy sounds normal? And bonus on him being older, closer to 30. Maybe he won't be easily molded and will sip or avoid the kool aid. 

Older, educated and dedicated. He is a soccer player, and went to college. Oh god please have him be normal. Or at least not into Gothard/QF

• Love 4

Hooray that Jinger will get out of that mess of a house.  He sounds like a normal guy, but has turned to the ministry in recent years. Hopefully, he is fundy-lite and Jinger will get to live in the city.  I wonder if Jim Bob would have allowed this courtship two years ago?  Luckily, Jinger is getting a college educated, well-traveled guy out of it (see how well that worked for Jill).  I'm just pulling for Jinger to be happy and that he treats her well.

Can't be said enough, poor Jana.  

• Love 10

He still plays soccer and in Texas. So I wonder if that means Jinger will relocate during the season? I wonder if she'll go the Alyssa Bates route and loosen up while still being conservative Christian?

• Love 3
(edited)

Sigh. It's never going to end. Marriage should not be the only escape route from the TTH. Good for Jinger though, I guess.

Remember, they all look normal at first. He should ask Ann, Bin, and Derick about buyer's remorse.

Also, I hope Jana tells everyone to F off on camera. They're just down to her and Joy running the wreckage of the TTH.

Edit: I see people are saying the team he plays for is no more, and that he's unemployed. If true, he'll fit right in!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sigh. It's never going to end. Marriage should not be the only escape route from the TTH. Good for Jinger though, I guess.

Remember, they all look normal at first. He should ask Ann, Bin, and Derick about buyer's remorse.

But he's older than what Anna was when she married and he's older than Bin and Derick. That's why I'm holding on to this teeny tiny minuscule thread of hope that they will lead somewhat more independent lives. 

So this just leaves Jana and Joy of the 18 and over girls with no current prospects. My money is on Joy courting before Jana ever does.

• Love 2
(edited)

I looked it up - The Scorpions dissolved last December. He's unemployed, except as a Duggar. Looks like a Derick II, to me.

But he's older than what Anna was when she married and he's older than Bin and Derick.

Older does not always equal wiser. Witness Jim Bob and Michelle, or anyone else in their circle. This guy is someone Jim Bob can manipulate, exploit, and use. Period. The only way I'm wrong is if Jinger herself has huge dirt on the fmaily and this is her bribe.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
(edited)

That is weird that he was ~27 when he met Jinger through a then 20 year old Ben and 22 year old Jessa. 

Maybe he's a genuinely great guy, just seems really sketchy.  The one thing he does have going is he stood by Jinger during the Josh-gates/aftermath .

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

My only hesitation is the guy's age. What kind of 28-year-old wants anything to do with a 22-year-old? I'm close to his age and the only guys messing around with women in their late teens/young 20s at 28, 29, 30 are the ones who the women their age won't have anything to do with. I hope I'm wrong.  

I was 23 and my husband was 28 when we met. So I don't see that being a problem. I'd be more worried that he's a kool aid drinker. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Also, I hope Jana tells everyone to F off on camera. They're just down to her and Joy running the wreckage of the TTH.

Edit: I see people are saying the team he plays for is no more, and that he's unemployed. If true, he'll fit right in!

Even if he was a soccer player, he is in the wrong country to make any serious money from it. 

(edited)
23 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

The soccer team he most recently played for was dissolved five months ago. I don't think it said what he does now.

He's a "pastor." :(

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)

He's a pastor. :(

pfft. They ALL are. Show me a paycheck, then we'll talk.

Jessa's probably just put Jin-Jin's face on a dartboard at the mold house. Seething rage.

I bet Jinger gets Jill's old house.

Edit: That pic is creepy. Pissing Preacher vibes.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I see people are saying the team he plays for is no more, and that he's unemployed. 

At least we know he's up to Boob's standards.

• Love 10
Just now, JoanArc said:

pfft. They ALL are. Show me a paycheck, then we'll talk.

Jessa's probably just put Jin-Jin's face on a dartboard at the mold house. Seething rage.

I bet Jinger gets Jill's old house.

Edit: That pic is creepy. Pissing Preacher vibes.

LOL, see my edit. I put pastor in quotes, since he's the PP type of preacher with no real credentials, not even a fake bible college, to recommend him. I don't think Syracuse has a preacher program, although I suppose he could have majored in Religious Studies, if that was a possibility. It still wouldn't be fundie enough for what he appears to have become. 

Jinger will not be freed. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ok, NO ONE noticed?

Jinger scored a "J" named guy! Major Duggar Deal!!!!!!!!!

Is this guy Latino???? Vuolo?  (Gasp!!!!!)

And, lastly, this guy is a virgin at 28? 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

And he'll be more inclined to keep the camera rolling since he's probably in need of an income. It never ends! 

• Love 4

Jinger will not be freed. 

Agreed. Hope she likes her new cage, though.

FWIW, I can't see that they were together during the Joshgates, just knew each other. This setup seems more recent. I'd be leery of marrying into a family that's been an SVU punchline, but that's just me.

• Love 13

I'm not going to judge this guy until more than just the surface has been scratched. Things always have a way of coming out so until then I'll say he's a rung or two above Bin and Derick on the ladder. 

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

He's better looking and speaks better than either Derick or Ben.  My what a low bar we have for these guys.

He ambulates without assistance. Score!

• Love 21
(edited)

i really wanted to believe good about Derick but such a let down. Ben is young but looked a little spunky.  Another dud. 

This new J guy better step it up!

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

I'm guessing Jeremy Vuolo is of Italian heritage.   The name "Vuolo" is definitely Italian...

At 28, having been to University and been a part of the Finnish soccer team---my guess is that he's NOT a virgin, but you know---the men in these religions can proclaim themselves "born again virgins" at any time.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ok, NO ONE noticed?

Jinger scored a "J" named guy! Major Duggar Deal!!!!!!!!!

Is this guy Latino???? Vuolo?  (Gasp!!!!!)

And, lastly, this guy is a virgin at 28? 

A virgin ball player? I'll say a definite no.  These guys get married at 18 to have sex.  This one's I'd say has had lots of sex.

10 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

The age difference wouldn't concern me if she was a "normal" 22-year-old, meaning she's done with college, possibly working her first professional job and independent. Not to mention a bit street smart and discerning.  

22? More babies! More babies!  I really do wonder if Michelle thinks her daughters will have 10 to 15 kids?

Now my big money is on Jana.  I want Jana to find a really rich land owning guy (or the son of one) who has big ranch or a mountain home in another state.  Maybe he'll own strip malls that are always cash cows.  They'll build a home from the ground up and she'll decorate for one year without thinking about babies.  They'll travel around the country looking for properties to own.  She'll learn to buy beautiful clothes and get weekly manicures.  He'll pay for her to go to a university and he'll send her to Paris to study how to cook delicious food that is recognizable as food.   She'll be the one singing I'm Free!

• Love 10

He's a fairly recent convert. He was a "heavy drinker" in high school and college. I'm sure he's had his way with more than one girl in his past. Probably one of those "born again virgins." At least we can look forward to a decent first kiss at the altar? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's a fairly recent convert. He was a "heavy drinker" in high school and college. I'm sure he's had his way with more than one girl in his past. Probably one of those "born again virgins." At least we can look forward to a decent first kiss at the altar? 

Heavy drinker could mean anything, but I hope it's hyperboyle. I don't want her marrying an addict that has had only Josh-style rehab. At least he can talk to Michelle about the wildness of youth, while the rest of the kids look on dumbly.

• Love 3

Hey Jessa, your Ben doesn't like like such a stud now? As long as Jinger is happy, and she gets out of that laundry room finally, even if it is to move into a much smaller one. But the 'What's up with Jana Duggar?' questions will continue.

• Love 5
(edited)

Heavy drinker could mean anything, but I hope it's hyperboyle. I don't want her marrying an addict that has had only Josh-style rehab. At least he can talk to Michelle about the wildness of youth, while the rest of the kids look on dumbly.

True. Did he think about having a fireball once and then chickened out and spent three hours in the prayer closet, or was he a lush with an arrest record like his future cousin in law? Need specifics.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 6

There is an arrest on record. 

And a poster on FJ knows his family! Italian-Catholic from PA. She just got off the phone with an aunt and they're all wondering how he got mixed up with the Duggars. 

• Love 12

Just saw the news and had to rush here right away!  I knew you all would be on it.  I'm sure Boob is alight with glee at the prospect of the money train getting back in gear for at least another year or two, with courtship, wedding planning, and the entire precious first baby journey to film!  

Happy for Jing at the prospect of it being "her turn", he is cute, has at least had a career at some point and has gone to college, traveled, and lived away from home.  I hope that means he has some potential, but as others have noted, we've been burned in the past (cough *Derick*).  Although, disappointing to learn that he is currently unemployed and keeping occupied by being a self-styled "pastor".

I could not bring myself to listen to his "sermons" that were posted on the TLC site.  But I was thrilled to see that he has Ben's stamp of approval!  That means so much!!  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

A virgin ball player? I'll say a definite no.  These guys get married at 18 to have sex.  This one's I'd say has had lots of sex.

I am SUPER curious about how those courting conversations between Jinger and Jeremy will go, with her parents sitting in, regarding his past experiences.  I wonder if he had to detail everything and make sure it's all out on the table before they agreed to the match, or if he seemed like such a great prospect that couldn't be passed up, that they glossed over it.  I hope they have their pre-marital counseling with her parents, and make a VSE about it.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There is an arrest on record. 

And a poster on FJ knows his family! Italian-Catholic from PA. She just got off the phone with an aunt and they're all wondering how he got mixed up with the Duggars. 

Wow.  I'm sure details will be emerging shortly re: the arrest.  

I was wondering the same....one on hand, I do hope he's willing to deal with the Duggars and all that baggage, because he truly loves Jinger and wants to marry her.  On the other hand, unfortunately, given that he's apparently looking to move into a preaching career, what better opportunity than to seek out insta-fame as a Duggar in-law as a platform to get his message out there.  We've seen it all before...

• Love 4

He's hot.

Now Jinger, get rid of the terrible makeup. Go into the 'city' and have a free makeover at MAC cosmetics or something. Try to do something with your hair (check out http://www.freckled-fox.com/) for a fundi ish person with long hair who always looks beautiful. Have a real wedding. Don't let your sisters near the planning.

Invite the amount of guests you can seat in a proper venue. How about one of the glass churches? Those are so pretty. Be different, we don't need wedding edition #4 big family as cheap as possible. 

Dear groom

Great acting, keep it up for a few more months and then drop the act, take your bride and run. ;) 

• Love 9