Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Nuri  is a very pretty young lady.  However, her parents need some SERIOUS help.  I don't know much about the family but reading this blog entry from last year just pinged my crazy nerve.  

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=1922

The only positive attributes to tout about this young woman is the idea that she is compliant and is good at taking care of children?  

And by the way, the prom isn't "worldly" unless your definition of "worldly" means dancing and having fun with no mention of God in a room full of people who don't all share your world view.  Oh...wait...

She's pretty - without the 10 pounds of badly caked on make up but she got that from her mother so it's hardly her fault .

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think that's definitely a big part of it...if Marjorie was still adamant about going to college and having an actual life of her own, no way would JB and Michelle have allowed Josiah to continue with the relationship. But I thought at the time that Joshgate1 had a lot to do with it, and not in the "Oh she was just using him for fame and now that that's over she's bolting" way that so many online assumed. I think once and/or her parents realised that Josiah agreed with his parents on how they handled the abuse--that there was the best way to deal with such a thing and to prevent it from happening again--Marjorie got the hell out. As well she should have. 

I just wish she'd taken Josiah with her . He once had life in him , now he seems crushed and pressed into form .

20 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Women are to be silent in the Church???  What the WHAT?!?!   Are women not a part of the church?!?!

These fundy types are too caught up in gender roles perpetuated by poorly translated bible verses.  IMHO the verses they quote don't mean what they say they do.  Are they not aware that men at that time wore clothing VERY similar to a woman's?  A plain tunic-like linen shift.  

Here is a very interesting article I saw online on this very topic:

http://www.aaronmatthew.com/blog/standards-what-is-biblical/women-and-pants/

IMHO this ban of women's wearing pants is just a lot of bunk.  Old Testament stuff.  And wasn't it that Jesus was born to free us from the old Biblical Law?  Not believing that is decrying one of the tenets of Christianity.  

Especially stupid since I can't imagine biblical times men and women wearing dress pants and knee to ankle length  jean skirts

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yet it looks like Mama Rod may think herself a better Christian than the Duggars ...

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2709

"I surrendered my life to the Lord at 12 yrs. old for full-time service to Him."

I don't know. She was pretty damn slow off the mark for Jesus. Aren't the best Christians supposed to get to this by ages three to five -- at the latest? That's certainly the way it happens at the Duggar house and the Waller house and so on.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2016 at 7:40 PM, queenanne said:

Well, sometimes I've thought I hate pain so much it's a good thing I never got pregnant, lol.  (Of course, that's because I never got pregnant, so nobody presented me with a fait accompli.  I'm so fond of babies I probably would've held on with my nails regardless.)

I feel like to some extent Joy is showing original thought.  I mean, do we have evidence Michelle talks to and of them as burdens?  It clearly wouldn't be GOOD original thought, but in my mind, I imagine Michelle babbling nonstop about how children are a blessing, full stop, 'cuz that's what you'd do to and around everybody if you were churning out 19 and felt they were "God's will".

Could be that she got the "many women wouldn't go through the pain of pregnancy and delivery" from one of the anti-abortion sermons, you know, contrasting herself with every single woman who ever had an abortion. Because, y'know, the ONE reason women have an abortion is because they don't want to go through the pain of pregnancy and delivery and because they think that all children are a burden. 

• Love 7

I was getting a Duggar/Bates vibe with this Mama Rod statement:

"People that I have looked up to for years, begin to lower their standards.  Lady’s blouses slip quite a bit lower, girls put on pants (a male’s gender of clothing) shorts get higher and higher on the leg, lady’s cut their hair short and men grow theirs long.  The dress standard among most people has dropped so low, I don’t know how it could drop any lower??"

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was getting a Duggar/Bates vibe with this Mama Rod statement:

"People that I have looked up to for years, begin to lower their standards.  Lady’s blouses slip quite a bit lower, girls put on pants (a male’s gender of clothing) shorts get higher and higher on the leg, lady’s cut their hair short and men grow theirs long.  The dress standard among most people has dropped so low, I don’t know how it could drop any lower??"

"The dress  selfish, self-righteous, hypocritical, tyrannical, child-starving standard among most people of Jill Rodriguez has dropped so low, I don’t know how it could drop any lower??."

Fixed it for her.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"The dress  selfish, self-righteous, hypocritical, tyrannical, child-starving standard among most people of Jill Rodriguez has dropped so low, I don’t know how it could drop any lower??."

Fixed it for her.

It must be terribly tiring, keeping one's eyes peeled for any possible violations of God's preferences 24/7. One has to wonder just where she is looking to find standards so horribly low that the only possible next step would be a nudist colony. 

I just can't imagine the energy it must take to maintain that sort of outrage in the face of things like pants on women or the length of hair an individual chooses to wear

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Fixed it for her.

She goes on to say that prople walk around naked in NYC...these Fundies are all so afraid of the outside world that they exaggerate something they heard someone else say to justify their perpetual fear. J Rod grew up homeschooled and sheltered as well, so she had a lifetime of fear instilled in her before she even got hold of her own  kids.

izzy and Spurgie and the Smuggarlings have this neurosis to put up with. I'm very sad for the Littles.

• Love 7

The grammar in her post is atrocious. 

Somehow all the relatively non- defrauding things she mentions (long hair on a man, etc) are sinful examples of low standards, but her pounds of makeup covering up the countenance God gave her are ok?  

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, awaken said:

The grammar in her post is atrocious. 

Somehow all the relatively non- defrauding things she mentions (long hair on a man, etc) are sinful examples of low standards, but her pounds of makeup covering up the countenance God gave her are ok?  

I wonder if she's throwing shade at Derick the Man Bun Boy.

• Love 2
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

That's what I was thinking. And maybe Cathy and Mrs. Vuolo's pants, the bates daughters clothes, Jessica seewald, etc. Families she has looked up to are now slipping and developing loose morals. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That post is a few months old, long before Dreck's hair was long enough for the Jesus Bun. That said, she's against anything that's not a crew cut for men. JRod can't pick on the Duggar women; all of them have hair longer than JRod's bleached mess. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"I surrendered my life to the Lord at 12 yrs. old for full-time service to Him."

I don't know. She was pretty damn slow off the mark for Jesus. Aren't the best Christians supposed to get to this by ages three to five -- at the latest? That's certainly the way it happens at the Duggar house and the Waller house and so on.

Does she come from a family of heathen?  If so, some might prize her higher, and/or be jealous they didn't have the chance to be saved from actual sin.

• Love 1

It's high time these people follow through on their commitment to Jesus.  I want to see these Gothard men in robes, sandals, and long hair just like Jesus wore. Pants, polo shirts, and sneakers certainly don't fit with New or Old Testament teachings--and Mike Huckabee would be so dashing in a flowing robe!  Let's follow this through to its logical conclusion of believing in the literal truth of everything in the Bible.

• Love 16

Ever heard of the book, "A Year of Living Biblically"? One woman write it and adhered to a bunch of OT rules for women, including sleeping outside when she had her period. 

It would be hysterical to see the Duggettes undertake this. Since they love legalism, it would probably teach them a thing or two.

• Love 11

I really truly deeply hate these people including the young adults.  Every time they open up their mouths through posts and letters they insult me personally and I don't like it at all.  They are ignorant and proud to be so.  I am sure I live a better life, am far more generous and adhere far moe to the real teachings of Jesuss than they do.  I dob;t sit around quoting bible versus and judging others.  I object in the strongest possible way to these nitwits judging me.  That means Jill, Derrick, Jessa, Ben, Joy and all the ret.  You just just shut up and not encourage people to hate ou for your stupidity.   Again,if I've made typos, sorry, I type be touch but don't see well enough to correct.  Only catch about half the letters.  Which makes it very hard for me to read your posts as well.  When this first happened, I thong, gee the quality of writing in the group has really tanked all of a sudden, but it was ME.

• Love 9

@Micks Picks,

No worries! Just happy to have you back with us! We missed you. Sorry to hear about your present troubles. Thinking of you and sending out prayers and good vibes, whichever one or both that feels right to you.

I had high hopes for Joy, but she is so Duggar Dumb that it's astounding to watch. What really had me smacking my head was how learning to fly would help her on the mission field, but having to do that thar algebra didn't sit too well with her.

Sorry, Joy, but sometimes when you want something, you've gotta give up something to get something, or you might have to hold your nose and do/learn things you may not like. Since you're so devoutly Christian, surely you understand the meaning of the word, sacrifice. 

Missionaries, back in the day, were extremely well educated, and going somewhere only reachable by plane requires you to fluent in THEIR language and respectful of THEIR customs BEFORE you can teach them why you believe Christianity is a better choice for them. To gain the trust of the people, they help them dig wells, grow and gather food, provide medical care, shoes, clothing, and education. That's a lot more dedication than roughing it for a week in a gated compound, handing out Dum Dums, and performing interpretive dance.

Education requires a certain level of dedication beyond meeting the remedial standards of a state that's often ranked nearly dead last for most economic markers. Albeit, Arkansas does have a lot of natural beauty and some geological features going on.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Afterthoughts
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

For those of you playing along, in my area basic algebra is taught to 7th graders. Joy is a High School grad. Just saying.

Well, let's put it this way. She's a grad. Of some kind.

What did they call the dining room in this last batch of paperwork? Duggar Academy?   Well, then she's acad grad. High school -- not so much. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they do anything that's high-school like. Present-day middle-school stuff -- with a biblical twist -- is likely as far as they get, I would guess.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I meant "High School". No GED either.

Yep, I know you meant this! Didn't mean to imply that you would have said it without the quotation marks!   I just felt like ranting on it some more! ...Although I actually do feel kind of sorry for the ignoramus she's been encouraged to be. It's possible that some day she will regret it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep, I know you meant this! Didn't mean to imply that you would have said it without the quotation marks!   I just felt like ranting on it some more! ...Although I actually do feel kind of sorry for the ignoramus she's been encouraged to be. It's possible that some day she will regret it.

What I wouldn't give for a decent, impartial educational evaluation of an of the kids, from Josh on down. It'd be so damning.

I know, I love your rants. Ironically, being an ignoramus will just cause her to fear 'intelligent' (read: have a working basic education) people, and become more stupid an insular. God knows what we'll see when the littlest kids grow up. Won't be pretty.

• Love 8
On September 19, 2016 at 1:05 AM, bigskygirl said:

Once again, keep the conversation on the Lonely J's. In otherwords, not on Jesus or other fundie type families. There are other threads on here to discuss both topics. Thank you. 

Jesus was the ultimate "Lonely J"

Joy is the new Jana. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I had high hopes for Joy, but she is so Duggar Dumb that it's astounding to watch. What really had me smacking my head was how learning to fly would help her on the mission field, but having to do that thar algebra didn't sit too well with her.

After saying that flying would help her "on the mission field," she then said she'd be able to zip on down to see Jill in CA. I guess visiting Jill makes her a missionary.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

After saying that flying would help her "on the mission field," she then said she'd be able to zip on down to see Jill in CA. I guess visiting Jill makes her a missionary.

Missions to a missionary may by Joy's definition of doing missionary work. 

• Love 5

I feel sorry for all of the Lonely J's who feel they have no control over what they wear because men can't control themselves around a woman in a short skirt.  They are 'trained' to see men as animals who might get divorced or worse and can't control themselves.  I'll never understand why fundie men would be proud to be seen as not able to control themselves and to blame the 'defrauders' for their behavior. Lonely adult J's can't even dress normally,

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

I feel sorry for all of the Lonely J's who feel they have no control over what they wear because men can't control themselves around a woman in a short skirt.  They are 'trained' to see men as animals who might get divorced or worse and can't control themselves.  I'll never understand why fundie men would be proud to be seen as not able to control themselves and to blame the 'defrauders' for their behavior. Lonely adult J's can't even dress normally,

It's also weird to me this mindset gives women all the power and responsibility since men are so weak in this regard. But men are still the headships. My head goes ka-blam. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

We should all do it, cause it would make us missionaries too. That's what SOS is peddling, right?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

JD can't even fly internationally. How does Joy think to accomplish flying to Danger America if she hasn't rubbed shoulders with someone who can make her an "expert?"

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Woah, Jana's garden is huge! I suspect it was a set up for the FU to the internets moment. They never cared about fresh food before......or perhaps their finances won't allow them to spend  like they used to?

The spent 100k on a minimal store. They can buy some fresh tomatoes if need be.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

The party line is that JANA spent 100k on that space, likely saving to bribe Babe and Cringe back to NWA in the near future. 

Guess that's why she needs the garden ;) It could also be a storefront fro the boy twins or Josiah.

1 hour ago, duggarfan said:

Who are Babe and Cringe? 

Jeremy = Babe because Jinger calls him that every five seconds) and Cringe = Jinger because everytime she wails BAAAAAAAABE!!!!!1111 it's cringeworthy. She's acting like a lovesick tween. Which, emotionally, she is. I know you're a fan, but it's evident that Jinger is by far the most immature of the girls who have been in courtships. It's hard to say about Anna; we just saw her after the engagement. The handsex was pretty awful, but I don't remember her simpering as badly as Jinger. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Just thinking about it, there is no way they would have let Joy become a pilot.  Women are lucky they can drive from that place.

Yep. After all, as of yet -- and I expect until something really major happens, or never -- they won't even let JD become a real pilot. As in -- can fly other people around and get paid for what is, in fact, a job. They keep all the kids -- and I use the term very loosely, given how old they are -- on choke chains. And the female Duggarlings' chains are equipped with many additional shackles.

This is one of the most hideous facts of their lives and it would be unacceptable to every single person I can think of in 21st century America, including conservative Christians. And yet for some reason it doesn't even get noticed by their hundreds of thousands of "fans."

Edited by Churchhoney
cause never and ever are different
  • Love 13

ITA, Churchie! I hated it how Jana wanted to go to Crown College just like Erin got to, but JB made sure he squashed that dream outright.  Jana is imprisoned in the tall tower indefinitely.

JD is the male version of Jana, a useful workhorse that he knows he can't do without. Particularly now that Smuggar is an embarrassment, there is additional pressure on JD to be "the example" for the older J Boys and the string of Howler Monkeys after Joy.

Even the marrieds (Smuggar, Muffy, and Blessa) are still beholden to their feudal overlord for housing and/or employment. 

I figure that there's plenty of psychiatrists and sociologists who would give their left nut to get to see what REALLY goes on at the Stinkertoy House.

• Love 11

Figured out why Jana bought the garden.   Since they love to praise MIchelle as being a 'Proverbs 31 woman',  the following passage illustrates that they expect Jana to follow suit:

Proverbs 31:16

She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

The bible approved the purchase.  

• Love 3