Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

tumblr_n15cy03xqh1r9t2zdo6_1280.jpg

John-David jetskiing in jeans! 

Wonder if he fantasizes about that lake opening up on one end so he can ski far far away...

... and change clothes. Imagine falling into the water in wet jeans.

• Love 5
(edited)

The Jeans thing is just.... Josh was seen in shorts, it's ok there now, so wtf is JD doing? Maybe our fundy handyman is the worst of the lot. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

All about fun and games for the boys while Anna and the J Slaves toil away from sunup to sundown! Jet skiing in jeans! Mother of f------ f---!

Hey, now. They had that wonderful Branson weekend where they were able to chit chat for hours with their sisters -- whom they never get to see, put big bathrobes on over their clothes and clean each others' feet. Could risking drowning as you flail in the water in wet jeans possibly compete with that?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, now. They had that wonderful Branson weekend where they were able to chit chat for hours with their sisters -- whom they never get to see, put big bathrobes on over their clothes and clean each others' feet. Could risking drowning as you flail in the water in wet jeans possibly compete with that?

Having to scrub my sister's feet vs a boat or jet ski ride? Hmmm, maybe only Gothard would choose the feet.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if he fantasizes about that lake opening up on one end so he can ski far far away...

... and change clothes. Imagine falling into the water in wet jeans.

Good lord, this is as bad as TFDW running the marathon in khakis. I just can't deal with male prudes.

• Love 9

I think that this may be part of the re-branding of Jana. Jana has said that she is looking for a guy who works with his hands, so all of this with the treehouse, and the lighting in Jessa's house, and the trip to Home Depot may be an effort to make her look like a desireable help-meet to a guy who does some sort of manual labor.

• Love 5
(edited)
On July 1, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Aja said:

It's in perfect order with Duggar logic, though. What's the opposite of gay? Dirty manual labor and machines! As far as their views on gay women, fundies are always a little murkier on that. I have no idea what a corresponding picture of a J'girl would depict. Joy scowling at a bag of golf clubs?

I wonder what the Duggars think a gay woman looks like. Gay women can fly under the radar much easier than gay men.

Even tnough they have an aunt who is gay, they seem very tiny minded about the whole gay thing. The one thing the Duggars can't figure out is that we are on to their internet FUs. My earlier walks like a duck quip had to do with how obvious that it was an Internet FU showing Si on mechanic duty since he's made other people's gaydar ping.  I can only imagine what a living hell life must be for any child growing up gay and Gothard. Can't even begin to fathom what a miserable life they have, not being allowed to be who they are.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Is that a DIY store or something? Why would you need to nearly live in it, pray tell? What do you do in your house if you make constant trips to a DIY??

What happened to gender separation, all them wimmins should be taught to cook and clean (take note, Jill and Jessa!), then at least they'd be useful at something other than grifting and being entitled.

I really can't see JD ever dating. He is creepy, always has been, always will be. And it seems that the true Fundies stay well clear of the Duggars. So they will end up with a bucketload of kiddults. Oh the irony

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Except Lowes gets cleaned more often than the TTH.  I'll be in the prayer closet....

Companies like Lowes and Home Depot hire teams to come in and shoot/kill all the birds.  Run Jana!  It's a trap. 

4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Is that a DIY store or something? Why would you need to nearly live in it, pray tell? What do you do in your house if you make constant trips to a DIY??

What happened to gender separation, all them wimmins should be taught to cook and clean (take note, Jill and Jessa!), then at least they'd be useful at something other than grifting and being entitled.

I really can't see JD ever dating. He is creepy, always has been, always will be. And it seems that the true Fundies stay well clear of the Duggars. So they will end up with a bucketload of kiddults. Oh the irony

The gender separation went out the window the moment JB realized that the first bunch of male sons were just too spoiled and coddled to become the workhorses he needed.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I think the gender separation is still very real and enforced behind the scenes. Jim Bob is now so desperate to keep the fame train going and keep the cash coming in that he'll consent to anything that might appeal to fans, including faked scenes of Jinger flipping cars and staged photos of Jana shopping for building supplies. Like everything the Duggars do, it's all for show.

• Love 6

Lowe's is the safest place to send Jana shopping with the fewest "Nike" inducing visual displays.

However, there are lots of fat guys in TOO small t shirts with their gut hanging out of the bottom hem and plumber's cracks exposed by their too low hanging pants.

!Nike! indeed

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Lowe's is the safest place to send Jana shopping with the fewest "Nike" inducing visual displays.

However, there are lots of fat guys in TOO small t shirts with their gut hanging out of the bottom hem and plumber's cracks exposed by their too low hanging pants.

!Nike! indeed

But according to JB & M, women don't lust with their eyes, only their hearts.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I think the gender separation is still very real and enforced behind the scenes. Jim Bob is now so desperate to keep the fame train going and keep the cash coming in that he'll consent to anything that might appeal to fans, including faked scenes of Jinger flipping cars and staged photos of Jana shopping for building supplies. Like everything the Duggars do, it's all for show.

Hey! We did see DIYer Jana not only hold the screwdriver but also tighten the final screw in that fan (light?) installation at Jessa's.

She can too do boy-stuff.

For the camera.

• Love 2

Something tells me Jana is able to get things done and some of that is delegating it to the right person.

If you replace Jana's skirt for a pair of jeans you can see it's a perfect 'go to the hardware store' outfit. Jana is great for promoting the Dugg lifestyle/religion because she is so pleasant and inoffensive.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Maybe the treehouse keeps collapsing?

There's little reason to be in the Lowes wood department to do work on the TTH, I would think, since the TTH is made out of steel. (Although I suppose they have a fairly constant need for spackle. And replacement drywall.)

Edited by Churchhoney
8 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Lowe's and Home Depot are two US chain stores. They are mega-sized warehouse-ish stores with a wide range of building materials, fixtures, appliances, paint, flooring, cabinetry, plumbing, garden/landscape, tools - you can Google and visit their websites. I'm not a big DIY-er but I've racked up many visits to Lowe's and Home Depot when moving or doing a redecorating project. Can't add anything to the discussion of what Jana was doing there.

• Love 1

I just don't get why she'd need to be there so much. What is there to do in their house that needs constant visits?

And re Josiah, they can post all the greasy spotty photos that they like, but the gaydar will keep on pinging. Along with that Reith boy and Smugson Bates, not excluding TFDW. Must be hell to live in that circle.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I just don't get why she'd need to be there so much. 

Husband hunting? There plenty of young tradesmen, construction guys and DIY'ers to be found in Lowe's and Home Depot. Maybe Jana's finally realized Prince Charming isn't going to drop in her lap. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Home Depot and Lowe's also have cleaning supplies, not that I think they use many of them, and things that you can do craft projects with.  Maybe she into some kind of craft and get some supplies there.  I like to walk through those stores and stand in the lighting section.  I didn't realize why until I figured out I had SAD and got a lightbox.  Anyway, they are usually quiet during the middle of the day and maybe she also wanted some peace.  I wonder who took the picture?  Surely not a Lowe's employee?  Probably her accountability partner.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I just don't get why she'd need to be there so much. What is there to do in their house that needs constant visits?

I doubt she's there for the TTH. JB most likely gives her lists for their flipped houses or rentals. He needs the males to do the hard labor, so he sends Jana out with her brood of children to do the shopping for construction supplies. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Home Depot and Lowe's also have cleaning supplies, not that I think they use many of them, and things that you can do craft projects with.  Maybe she into some kind of craft and get some supplies there.  I like to walk through those stores and stand in the lighting section.  I didn't realize why until I figured out I had SAD and got a lightbox.  Anyway, they are usually quiet during the middle of the day and maybe she also wanted some peace.  I wonder who took the picture?  Surely not a Lowe's employee?  Probably her accountability partner.

I still think they go through a helluva lot of spackle.

• Love 2

Definitely an effort to re-brand Josiah and Jana. With Josiah there's always been whispers re his preferences, so now they must show him as a greasy manly man who can work on an engine; bc of course that'll stop all whispering bc if he had a different preference, he couldn't work on engines.

And Jana has said she likes construction and design, so they want to be able say -- see our kids get to pursue what they like, EVEN the girls, see Jana gets to go to Lowes as much as she wants. Um -- except going to Lowes isn't the same thing as going to trade school; going to design school and learning about re furbishing kitchens and bathrooms and then getting in with a contractor to design that or with a realtor to do staging; or even working a retail job at Lowes where you'd get to be around all the materials, the handy kind of people who work there who can teach you a lot about the materials, and contractors/retail buyers who come in daily. Let's hope that she hangs out there enough and a cute Christian contractor notices her, asks her if she needs help, they start chatting, and it leads to a series of meet ups at Lowes leading to a courtship; far fetched but Zach Bates met his wife when she was a waitress at Sonic and he'd go in regularly and they started chatting and getting to know each other more and more until it was official.

If nothing else, I hope Lowes is Jana's happy place -- she deserves one. Home Depot is one for me. I don't know why -- but as a single woman who may or may not ever have a house with my own family in it -- it feels good to walk the aisles, look at all the materials, see what they're for, and walk thru all the kitchens and bathrooms and fixtures and dream about what I'd get if I built my own custom home. But then, I'm not Jana -- have a job; apartment; and could buy a house if it financially made sense for me -- so I could get to design something if I wanted, whereas Jana would only ever get to have a place of her own - owned or rented - if she finds a prince charming.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

!Nike! indeed

Not to mention that walled in section of Home Depot where they keep the power tools. My hubs and I were about to go in there one day until we heard this explosive, thunderous, fart go off!

• Love 2

I bet that's right, that she's picking up stuff for JB.  He very first thing I noticed was that she wasn't there alone, somebody had to take the pic.  I LOVE going to Lowes and HD.  theres ALWAYS a reason to go to Lowes.

• Love 1

Well the accountability partner could be a cameraman! It's clearly going to be an episode for the new season. I do believe she genuinely enjoys getting involved with home improvements and whatnot, even if she does very basic stuff. We've seen her do various odd jobs throughout the years, including stupidly cutting tile for the Bates while wearing flip flops and no goggles :/ At least she isn't being forced into midwifery with Jill anymore because it was clear her heart wasn't in it.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I know Home Depot often holds free 'how-to' seminars. Does Lowe's as well? Jana could become an EXPERT (sarcasm fully intended) in any number of home remodeling areas & it wouldn't cost JB a dime. JB would  probably make Jana live at Lowes.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 4

As JB continues to lose control/interest in the family and as the kids get older and need less mothering, if I were Jana I'd totally convince JB to take whatever workshops are offered at my local Lowes -- drag along Joy if you have to. First it gets her out of the house and gives her the opportunity to chat it up with some men. Second it allows her to learn how to do things that I think she'd like to do -- installing simple fixtures; simple floor installations etc. THEN I'd convince JB to let me be the construction manager on his next rental house/house flip. I think he'd ok it if one of her brothers would "supervise" -- but how much can they really supervise when she knows how to do the work and they don't? It'll give her something to do, something to be proud of; and who know maybe she strikes a deal with JB where he buys more properties, she does the repair work, and they split the profit/she gets to keep some of the profit off of it.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, cereality said:

As JB continues to lose control/interest in the family and as the kids get older and need less mothering, if I were Jana I'd totally convince JB to take whatever workshops are offered at my local Lowes -- drag along Joy if you have to. First it gets her out of the house and gives her the opportunity to chat it up with some men. Second it allows her to learn how to do things that I think she'd like to do -- installing simple fixtures; simple floor installations etc. THEN I'd convince JB to let me be the construction manager on his next rental house/house flip. I think he'd ok it if one of her brothers would "supervise" -- but how much can they really supervise when she knows how to do the work and they don't? It'll give her something to do, something to be proud of; and who know maybe she strikes a deal with JB where he buys more properties, she does the repair work, and they split the profit/she gets to keep some of the profit off of it.

Sounds like a plan but I still think Jana is too scared of the outside world and everyone in it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Sounds like a plan but I still think Jana is too scared of the outside world and everyone in it. 

Dammit, if I could talk some sense into Jana, I'd take her unde my wing and give her a crash course in the real world.  I'd promise to jeep her safe, give her an "education" and open her eyes in the process. We'd go shopping for cool modern modest, she'd try new foods, get spa treatments, watch chick flicks, try cosmos, and she'd get to have fun  without having to be anyone's servant.

• Love 5
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

Dammit, if I could talk some sense into Jana, I'd take her unde my wing and give her a crash course in the real world.  I'd promise to jeep her safe, give her an "education" and open her eyes in the process. We'd go shopping for cool modern modest, she'd try new foods, get spa treatments, watch chick flicks, try cosmos, and she'd get to have fun  without having to be anyone's servant.

Sounds good to me but I think Churchhoney said a while back how hard it is to fight against all this - Jana would take a lot of breaking down if she would trust any one.  I love the "try cosmos" because as you can see by my avatar it is my very favorite cocktail ever!!  

• Love 1

It hard to tell for sure but I think her shoes are Grasshoppers slip-ons. Better than flip-flops but still not much arch support or toe protection in a store like Lowe's.

I don't get the need for guys to wear jeans in the water. I thought women weren't supposed to be able to be defrauded. Wet jeans are going to show their "package" as well as wet swim trunks. If they wear those long board shorts all that the ladies would see would be some hairy calves. Not exactly a Nike! moment.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

It hard to tell for sure but I think her shoes are Grasshoppers slip-ons. Better than flip-flops but still not much arch support or toe protection in a store like Lowe's.

I don't get the need for guys to wear jeans in the water. I thought women weren't supposed to be able to be defrauded. Wet jeans are going to show their "package" as well as wet swim trunks. If they wear those long board shorts all that the ladies would see would be some hairy calves. Not exactly a Nike! moment.

It's all for effect, I suppose. LIke everything else they do. And we -- and probably everyone else -- noticed and and commented. So "mission" accomplished, I guess.

If we're talking about Josiah and him being gay it's not a preference BTW. It's sexual orientation.

I feel so bad for these kids/adults and the rest of the Gothardite kids across the world. Their lives are so stunted and sheltered.

• Love 7

@lookeyloo: Cosmos are super YUM!

Sadly, if Si's orientation (or that of any Duggar or kid in Gothardland) is anything other than str8, their lives in that world will suck exponentially. The sick system modeling and lifelong isolation would make coming out damn near impossible. My heart hurts for any kid in such a predicament.

• Love 5

Yes, orientation.  That's what my gay son and his friends tell me.  Lucky son, I guess, because when he came out I said "so do you still want meatloaf for dinner?".  I see the mess these parents leave by disowning or not approving of their children's orientation.  I don't believe it is a "choice".  Who would choose to live a life faced with discrimination and hatred.  And now when people say "I don't know any gay or transgender people" we all laugh.  Because yes they do.  How many gay men and women have hugged me and Mr. lookeyloo and said "(Son's name) is so lucky because you love him and are always here.  I can't imagine their stupid parents rejecting these wonderful people.  And if any of the Duggars or Bateseses are indeed gay, it is not going to be an easy path for them and that part makes me very sad.  Because they really can't change it.  IMHO.  And here's something about the times too.  when other son told his children that Uncle was going to marry other Uncle legally, they all said "we thought they were already married" because to them it is so normal.  

• Love 24
(edited)

Exactly Lookeyloo! I'm sure that my niece would also see that as no big deal, since her aunt from her dad's side is a lesbian and her paternal grandmother's stepson is also gay.

Even though my sister and  her hubs are really religious and my sister thought for years it was a choice, and i asked her WHY would someone in his or her right mind choose to be bullied, beaten up, killed, or otherwise discriminated against.  Because Bible..free will..yada yada, but it was a civilized and respectful and we agreed to disagree. 

I think with all the gay in her extended family that she can't simply pray away, this has totally given her a new perspective, since our convo was years ago. I might talk to her about it again one day, but I'm still sort of enjoying my schadenfreude. Karma's a freak bitch, sis! But, then my sister is also very sweet, but she needs to open her mind a bit more, I think.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2

It's blind item reveal day on Crazy Days and Nights which means my fingers are crossed this one is true because I'd love to know Jana is getting some.

This reality star was on an A list reality show. Then, suddenly the show was gone and our star thought she could move on and lead a normal life. She wanted out of the spotlight and to even change her name. She moved out of the family home and for three months actually lived on her own. By herself. She made friends and went out and even boozed it up a few times at some clubs. She was loving life. Then, she got dragged back to the family. Back to the place she never wanted to go again. They needed her help they said. Just for a little while. That little while has stretched into almost a year. Now, she is being forced to film again. They want to film her dating and getting married, but she won’t do it. The thing is, while she was free for those three months, she met a guy. A divorced guy with a couple of kids who is about a decade older. Did I mention that she hooks up with him every chance she gets and that only two or three people even know about the relationship but none of those are in her family. Did I mention that her racist parents would freak out to know her boyfriend is biracial? Did I mention she is the only one in the family I like? I have met her a few times and she isn’t creepy or zombie like.

Jana Duggar

• Love 8