Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/10/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:  Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday:  Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday: Day of Hot Topics

Thursday: Caitlyn Jenner guest co-hosts

Friday: Caitlyn Jenner guest co-hosts; Mischa Barton speaks out for the first time since latest hearing in the headline-making lawsuit against former boyfriend dealing with an unauthorized sex tape.

(Schedule and Guests subject to change)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

@Jaded kindly posted next week's schedule!!!

Wasn't Caitlyn a guest not long ago? That's what I meant. How was she as a guest? I find her an odd choice to guest host , so just wondering if as a guest she was good, bad, whatever, lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Wasn't Caitlyn a guest not long ago? That's what I meant. How was she as a guest? I find her an odd choice to guest host , so just wondering if as a guest she was good, bad, whatever, lol.

I think the general consensus of her last visit was that she monopolized some of the topics & seemed like a know-it-all.  IIRC.

• Love 2

The first three days of the week are entirely set aside for general rambling?  Really?  Can they not get anyone to agree to show up anymore?  Pretty soon they are going to have to start inviting random people from the audience to sit onstage. 

Actually, it would probably be an improvement. 

• Love 10

I'm not looking forward to Caitlyn. I find she still acts like a privileged male one-percenter and has a nasty streak when it comes to political opinions. I'll watch, and maybe I'll be surprised. But I doubt it.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The first three days of the week are entirely set aside for general rambling?

Well, they have a lot of catching up to do since they were gone last week.  I'm sure Jed can fill an entire episode talking about what she and Her Man did on vacation.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm not looking forward to Caitlyn. I find she still acts like a privileged male one-percenter and has a nasty streak when it comes to political opinions. I'll watch, and maybe I'll be surprised. But I doubt it.

When she's making the talk show rounds seeing her on one show is enough. She'll tell the same exact "story" on every show. I made the mistake recently of seeing her on The Talk and The Late Late Show where she said the same exact things barely deviating from what seemed to be a memorized script. I know other famous people do it too but the extent Caitlyn does is kinda shocking.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

God, two whole days wasted on Caitlyn Jenner. Why can't she go away? And let me guess who's going to be pushed out to give her a spot--Sunny of course, ugh.

I'm glad there aren't any guests the first 3 days. I usually have no interest in them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Caitlyn is MORE OBNOXIOUS and UNBEARABLE as Caitlyn, than she was as Bruce. Jedifoxbot will have someone who agrees with her on Thursday and two on Friday if Paula is there. Oh hello DELETE button!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
(edited)
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The first three days of the week are entirely set aside for general rambling?  Really?  Can they not get anyone to agree to show up anymore?  Pretty soon they are going to have to start inviting random people from the audience to sit onstage. 

Actually, it would probably be an improvement. 

People don't seem to watch for guests anymore.  I know in 20 years, I probably only watched 2 or 3 guests. Two weeks ago, I watched the Evil Bigoted Lawsuit Baker.  He was probably the first guest I watched since 2006.  I will admit that it's nice when they have guests. I only have to watch about 18 minutes those days (FF through commercials).

8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

God, two whole days wasted on Caitlyn Jenner. Why can't she go away? And let me guess who's going to be pushed out to give her a spot--Sunny of course, ugh.

I'm glad there aren't any guests the first 3 days. I usually have no interest in them.

I doubt anyone is "pushed out".  The only reason they have guest co-hosts is because someone has scheduled time away.  That said, once CCB and Raven went away, the show has had consistent, solid attendance from the entire cast.  I think it's one reason the show has done well. 

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I doubt anyone is "pushed out".  The only reason they have guest co-hosts is because someone has scheduled time away.  

I don't think we know anything about the reasons there are guest co-hosts? I remember the brief time they had contributors and how they practically disappeared after two months for random guest co-hosts. Or when Michelle Collins was still on the payroll for 3-4 months, but was never seen, not even for a final goodbye, while Cristela, that Destiny's Child woman, Kelly Osborne, etc. took over. I'm not sure why this show wants to give a platform to the Kardashians and their extended attention-seeking family, but I find it very difficult to buy it's because their co-hosts are unavailable. Even if one is absent, they still have four. If two are absent, there's Paula to fill a fourth seat.

• Love 3

Caitlyn Jenner - because there aren't enough of the Kardashians on TV!!  Don't like her politics, won't be tuning in.  I like the regulars, surely there's someone else if they absolutely need a filler.

• Love 6
(edited)

Whoopi: "i don't even know how to phrase this." And that right there is the problem. Please, Whoopi, it's time to step aside and let someone else moderate, someone who does know how to introduce topics and move the conversation along. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 13

I love that the other co-hosts are always wearing the same expression I am when Jedilyingliarwholies is criticizing Trump. You know that skeptical "what's this snake's game...." face.

I hope calling Trump Jr. "Fredo" becomes a recurring joke.

• Love 11

Enjoyed today's show.  Everybody seemed well rested.

Caitlin Jenner? I get two days off this week.

Sense of smell is very important.  Friend of mine had brain surgery for a (thankfully) benign tumor but lost his sense of smell.  He said all food tasted the same after that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Whoopi's rant about people thinking their judgement matters because of...American Idol allowing people to vote? Not very smart considering not only did ABC recently repurchase American Idol but the underlying message was that it led people to believe their vote mattered...WTF. Especially after this last election our votes DO count.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 9

Well, I, for one, am thrilled that Joy got her shih tzu. Let's get some pictures of the new baby. You have

to bear with me, I am owned by a shih tzu and can't help myself.  I just wish she had rescued one, but I forgive her because I love her....she was totally on fire today against Drumpt, I loved it! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hope calling Trump Jr. "Fredo" becomes a recurring joke.

Me too!  "I know it was you, Fredo.  You broke by heart".  Bwahh, ha ha.

I did find the show a little lacklustre today, maybe because Whoopie isn't a great moderator - it IS an art form.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Well, I, for one, am thrilled that Joy got her shih tzu. Let's get some pictures of the new baby. You have

to bear with me, I am owned by a shih tzu and can't help myself.  I just wish she had rescued one, but I forgive her because I love her....she was totally on fire today against Drumpt, I loved it! 

Me too.  I think she had a shih tzu before & she's familiar with the breed, so ....

• Love 2
On 7/9/2017 at 7:00 AM, Haleth said:

Well, they have a lot of catching up to do since they were gone last week.  I'm sure Jed can fill an entire episode talking about what she and Her Man did on vacation.

Well, she can use Whoopi's time since Whoopi refuses to tell us about her vacation. You're on a talk show, Einstein! 

2 hours ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi's rant about people thinking their judgement matters because of...American Idol allowing people to vote? Not very smart considering not only did ABC recently repurchase American Idol but the underlying message was that it led people to believe their vote mattered...WTF. Especially after this last election our votes DO count.

Ugh! I can't stand her. But I do think she believes this because  you all know how she hates for us to send our opinions via Twitter. "I don't care!!!"

Now, I hope Joy still appreciates our opinion because here is mine: I hate it when Joy resorts to stupid jokes. She was trying too hard with the joke about Trump being a bottom. I don't think anyone on the table appreciated her attempt there. Especially Sarah.

• Love 3

Today's discussion on education was bizarre.  

College is about learning problem-solving skills, communication, writing, critical thinking, etc.   It's not just job-training. 

And Jed yelling about what she THOUGHT the poll meant was ridiculous.   58% of republicans think higher education is bad for the country.   Jed can spin that any way she wants, but she's full of shit. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, backformore said:

College is about learning problem-solving skills, communication, writing, critical thinking, etc.   It's not just job-training. 

And Jed yelling about what she THOUGHT the poll meant was ridiculous.   58% of republicans think higher education is bad for the country.   Jed can spin that any way she wants, but she's full of shit. 

There are some on the right  who feel that Higher Education is the liberal way of brainwashing the youth.  I feel that they want to keep people poor, uneducated and pliable. That is what dictators have done to the people in my native country for years with disastrous results.  The people have no will to fight against the corruption and indifference of the government.  They just accept it and try to survive.  When you are fighting to survive on a daily basis, you don't have time to question things and fight injustices in the world.  You just want to feed yourself and your loved ones.   Ignorance breeds resignation about life. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopie missed the whole point.  She keeps yap yapping about her lack of college but the point was that 58% thought it was bad for the country.  Had she been to college, perhaps she would have learned to analyse.  LOL

• Love 13

I'm pretty sure Whoopi had food in her mouth during the show. FFS. She is such an ill-mannered person. It's just sickening to me to listen to someone who can't even be bothered to pretend to care about others' sensibilities. It's ONE HOUR out of her day to act professional.

• Love 10

It really pissed me off yesterday that Whoopi thought it was beneath her dignity to tell everyone what she did over the holiday.  She's on a talk show (FFS) & that's part of the deal (stupid bitch).  I hope "they" don't renew her contract!!

• Love 11
On 7/9/2017 at 2:12 AM, ChicagoCita said:

I'm not looking forward to Caitlyn. I find she still acts like a privileged male one-percenter and has a nasty streak when it comes to political opinions.

A nasty streak about a lotta things...AND stylists.  Not many transgender people have the $upport she's had/has.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, backformore said:

I liked when Sunny just read the exact words back to her like she was an idiot. Sunny cutting Jedilyingliarwholies off at the pass by pointing out that Hillary isn't the president was another golden moment.

Sunny tries so hard to placate Whoopi so she'll STFU when she's trying to make a point. Whoopi wouldn't accept the fact that she is an exception to the norm. No, not all people who don't go to college are poor; no, not all people who go to college are well-off. But, generally, both those things are true--that's not something to argue over, jeez.

• Love 15
(edited)

JEEBUSCRIPESONAFUCKINGBLUEDILLYCRACKER!!!!!!!!! [insert emojis banging heads on brick walls]

First yesterday-Seriously? Sunny the former FEDERAL PROSECUTOR has trouble saying the word VAGINA? How'd she handle her cases that might have had a sexual element then?????????This snow ❄️ flakey attitude and behavior (YES! I SAID IT!) by her is getting increasingly frustrating and OLD.  Get the FUCK over it.

And I see what Jedifoxbot was doing there-trying to sound all above it all and "objective" when talking about Fredo. Which I Fucking love, by the way. The name, NOT HER or what BS she was spewing.  But naturally, Trevor and Stephen did a better job.

Today: As much as I don't like Whoopi like I used to, I FUCKING CHEERED and ?? ?? when she said "STOP!" to Jedifoxbot and gave her the stink eye when Jedifoxbot tried to bring up Hillary and her non-existent ties to Russia, to equate whatever the fuck Fredo is doing. Just like 45, she is OBSESSED with Hillary. She, like him, keeps bringing her up, when she's not even involved or part of the story except for the part where Fredo is all butthurt and betraaayed because there was no dirt on Hillary for him to use.

As for college, while I agree it's not for everyone and not everyone needs to go to get ahead in life, THAT wasn't the point made by those ASSHOLES in Congress. If THEY hadn't gone to college, they wouldn't have been able to go to law school or whatever higher education THEY got, and thus have been able to run for public office to sit on their fat asses and raking in the money at their constituents' expense. And WHEN did Jedifoxbot go around touring colleges and speaking? And she can STFU about all the rich and wealthy suffering and not being able to put food on the table or pay for health insurance. All I see are the poor and middle class suffering. And it's NOT on the government that the premiums are so high-that's on the FUCKING INSURANCE CARRIERS. She can "I'm sorry, I don't agree" till Doomsday for all I care, because that shit ain't true.???? AND she can also STFU about how colleges brainwash and are biased to the left. Aside from classes one has to take based on what one chooses for their major, one is free to take whatever classes he or she wants to take.

JEEBUS CRIPES.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 21
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny tries so hard to placate Whoopi so she'll STFU when she's trying to make a point. Whoopi wouldn't accept the fact that she is an exception to the norm. No, not all people who don't go to college are poor; no, not all people who go to college are well-off. But, generally, both those things are true--that's not something to argue over, jeez.

Whoopi will disagree with anything and everything Sunny says. I think it goes beyond being jealous or intimidated by Sunny, I can't imagine what her problem is, but it's so obvious she won't let Sunny win a point without an argument. 

• Love 18
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi will disagree with anything and everything Sunny says. I think it goes beyond being jealous or intimidated by Sunny, I can't imagine what her problem is, but it's so obvious she won't let Sunny win a point without an argument. 

Whoppie liked being the only Black woman there to spew her take on Blackness and Black culture, like, how she will go off, when people are still offended by the use of the N word.  Sunny counters that and she hates to be contradicted and challenged with another perspective, by anybody.   Sunny really gets under her skin with her intelligence and pedigree. Whoopie likes to be the expert on all things that has to do with the Black community.  I remember how she attacked Sunny for talking about culture appropriation of Black culture and said that Sunny put weaves and straightened her hair was culture appropriation on her part, because she wanted to have "White hair".   It is how her beef with Rosie started, Whoopie hated that Rosie was more informed than her on things, especially about  Black history. I also remember how a conversation about implicit bias went off the rails because the movie stah attacked Rosie.  Whoopie is just a nasty bitch, period. It pains me to say that, but, it is true..  This is the same woman that was offended that Black people took umbrage with her White boyfriend putting on Black face, at a roast.  So, she is an ignorant blowhard..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Fatkat said:

According to the all-knowing Whoopi, there are only 25 plumbers in the entire state of New Jersey. 

How accurate (inaccurate) is she. I'd say there's 25 plumbers in my city alone. 

• Love 4

I really didn't mind Sunny's use of the word vajayjay The word itself has an interesting etymology. Shonda Rhimes first used it in an episode of Grey's Anatomy because she couldn't get vagina past the censors (how quaint) and then Oprah popularized it. Maybe that's why Whoopi overreacted. I don't think there's much love lost between Whoopi and O. Whoopi treats Sunny a lot like she treated Rosie. I think she feels threatened by their intellect (and refusal to bow) and lashes out inappropriately.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That is the one thing I agree on with Whoopi. I even emailed Oprah once to say I thought using "vajayjay" was juvenile and not cute. She didn't reply. ?

Especially since she doesn't seem to know what "vagina" means. Learn your body parts, Okrah.

• Love 2

Jedidiah was whipping out words faster than a machine gun today. It's her go-to defense posture when she feels threatened by facts.

Sunny: Why don't Republicans value education?

Jed: Howdoyouknowthat'sRepublicanssayingthat, itdoesn'tsayRepublicans.

Sunny (reads from cards and enunciates carefully): 58 percent of Republicans----

Jed: Youknowwhatthey'rethinking? Thisiswhatthey'rethinking. (Uncomprehensible rapid-fire opinionated rant that Jed just pulled out of her ass, allowing no one to get another word in.)

• Love 14

Sunny was very rude when she shut down Jed for mentioning Hillary's ties to Russia. Sunny didn't let Jed finish her point. Yes, Hillary is not president but I'm pretty sure Sunny would be vigorously defending her if she was proven to be involved with the Russians. That's the point that Jed was likely to have made if she hadn't been rudely interrupted. Even if you don't agree with Jed, she should still be allowed to freely express her opinions. That's the whole point of this show. Why would anyone want to watch a show where everyone is just agreeing with each other and patting themselves on the back? Please just let all views be expressed.

• Love 5

I have no problem with Jedi commenting on a topic.....I just don't get when she pulls in the what about if Hillary or Obama comments. And going on and on like a motormouth throwing in a "but I agree, but but she/he" crap. But then I've never been much of a 2 wrongs make a right or speculation later kinda person. To me it deflects from the current problem. Which is very real and frightening.

• Love 15

Jedi brings up Hillary because that's what T's fan base always does.   Just once I would love for them to stand up and present the point without deflecting and blaming a Clinton of President Obama.  I might actually listen to them.  Totally understood Sunny frustration on that one.  

Although the chase story was cute and funny I kept wondering why Joy wanted a used couch.   

• Love 6

It's not about two wrongs making a right. It's about the glaring hypocrisy of Sunny and all the left leaning panelists that is the issue. Believe me, if Hillary were president right now and all her ties to Russia were revealed Sunny, Joy and Whoopi would be singing a completely different tune. So would many of the posters on this board for that matter.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Fatkat said:

According to the all-knowing Whoopi, there are only 25 plumbers in the entire state of New Jersey. 

That one got me so I looked it up on Angies List. Hundreds of thousands of plumbers, obviously. My cousins lived down the street from Whoopi in Tuxedo Park NY -- wow does she have a giant mansion inside the ultimate gated community. Clueless!

• Love 5

To put it bluntly, Whoopi is an idiot.

I used to love Whoopi when I watched her movies,  but when you get to know her as a person while watching The View,  your view of her quickly changes. Too bad.

• Love 9