Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: A Bronx Tale

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Lemons said:

These women aren't the best role models.

Well, if you're bitter, desperate, and/or drunk they are.  All kinds of traits to admire, then.  These women are practically the gold standard.

Someone upthread mentioned how they love that Carole seems to be friends with all of them.  I agree, she does.  (Although I think Lu will always hate her.)  But being well-liked by this dysfunctional group is something I wouldn't feel particularly proud of.  

I think there was probably a time - like when she was with Anthony - when Carole would have been mortified at the yelling and screaming going on at that restaurant and she wouldn't have chosen any of them to be a friend.  

Bethenny, Lu, Sonja, Ramona and Dorinda all seem to go out of their way to be seen and HEARD in public. The louder, more obnoxious, and obvious - the better.  Carole is more of a quiet presence who will sit back and laugh. And once in a while, don a bear suit.  But back in the day when she wasn't doing this for the money, she would probably be embarrassed for these women. 

I really wanna believe her friends, when she was married, were classier than this bunch.  John Jr. (may he rest in peace) doesn't seem like the type who would enjoy the public antics of this Jerry Springer bunch.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Plus she arranged and payed for it so Bethanny can have whatever room she wants.  I always do first come first pick when we do a girl's getaway. I will have nothing to do with picking or drama in our group.

Well, not really. Bravo makes all the arrangements and pays the bill/tab for these trips and where they stay not the "hosting" HW and that is across the franchise, not just on the NY show. That said, I think a lotto would work great for these NY HWs as long as it was rigged that Ramona/Sonja get the room with twin beds, 1 sink in the bathroom down the hall and no bathtub (Yes, I am mean like that)! LOL

15 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Well, if you're bitter, desperate, and/or drunk they are.  All kinds of traits to admire, then.  These women are practically the gold standard.

Someone upthread mentioned how they love that Carole seems to be friends with all of them.  I agree, she does.  (Although I think Lu will always hate her.)  But being well-liked by this dysfunctional group is something I wouldn't feel particularly proud of.  

I think there was probably a time - like when she was with Anthony - when Carole would have been mortified at the yelling and screaming going on at that restaurant and she wouldn't have chosen any of them to be a friend.  

Bethenny, Lu, Sonja, Ramona and Dorinda all seem to go out of their way to be seen and HEARD in public. The louder, more obnoxious, and obvious - the better.  Carole is more of a quiet presence who will sit back and laugh. And once in a while, don a bear suit.  But back in the day when she wasn't doing this for the money, she would probably be embarrassed for these women. 

I really wanna believe her friends, when she was married, were classier than this bunch.  John Jr. (may he rest in peace) doesn't seem like the type who would enjoy the public antics of this Jerry Springer bunch.

I think the dislike/hate was mutual, not just Luann to Carole but Carole to Luann at the same time. LOL I also think that even during Carole's first season she was embarrassed by how Ramona, Sonja and Luann acted in public but she slowly accepted it as part and parcel to the Bravo HW show that she was now a part of. LOL

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, breezy424 said:

And of course, So has to say that Tinsley has been living at her house for free.

It's just such a big freaking competition about who is the greatest victim.  Sorry, I do feel for Tinsley.  And then we have Beth making fun of her because she didn't want to be downstairs by herself.  She was afraid.  No empathy at all but we all have to hear about Beth's 'torture' and 'hell'

I missed that Sonja said that.  Actually, Sonja is probably also staying there free, due to child support.  But that gravy train will end in a couple of years.

Maybe I don't know enough about what "happened" to Tinsley, but I don't get the afraid of being downstairs either.  The former boyfriend clearly wants nothing to do with her, she appears to have stalked him not the other way around.

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Next week in Vermont Ramona falling on the slope because they only have one sink

HA! Being forced to use a single sink is the new El Nino. It's to blame for everything.  "Sorry I spilled gravy on your nice chair, but I only have one sink in my room". "Sorry I called you a golddigging hooker, but you have to understand....I only have ONE sink". 

53 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

also the order of their arrival.   slow you blow.

agreed. This ain't their first rodeo. They should know by now; if you want the good room, get your ass there. 

I also found it real rich that Ramona and Sonja were all, "Oh, we can just use Dorinda's tub". Hahahahaha, NO. I wouldn't let either of those jackals in my room for a spare square of TP. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I just can't relate to these resorts! I've traveled a lot; alone and with friends, but have never done a common house situation! We always had our own rooms at a formal HOTEL, agreed to meet up, or call when ready to do something! Resorts imply outside activity like swimming and skiing so I guess that's why it's anathema to my thinking "going away!" I've done cities, Las Vegas for visits and gambling, but swimming, sightseeing, and other quaint customs by out of town visitors has never been my thing! I'm an ideal candidate just to take a nice hotel where I live in Chicago and skip the flight! It's probably why I stopped traveling that much after 911; just not worth the effort to get anywhere! I have a real aversion to being treated like cattle at airports! The security is a joke and they're only playing as if they're making us safe!

I think production likes it when they're all in one house together.  It makes it so much easier for filming. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I missed that Sonja said that.  Actually, Sonja is probably also staying there free, due to child support.  But that gravy train will end in a couple of years.

Maybe I don't know enough about what "happened" to Tinsley, but I don't get the afraid of being downstairs either.  The former boyfriend clearly wants nothing to do with her, she appears to have stalked him not the other way around.

She has nightmares associated with several brutal beatings at the hands of her ex boyfriend.  Bad stuff black eyes, bruised arms, staples in her head.

• Love 13

The problem with wanting the better room, in whatever situation you are in, is that you think that for whatever reason someone else should settle for less. This is something I cannot understand. Everyone would probably like the better room, but most people I surround myself with would never say it out loud, because it would mean they think someone else deserves lesser. I have done many girls trips, sometimes in hotels with seperate rooms, sometimes we have a big house. I also host a lot of sleepovers and holidays at my house. Luckily it is very large as I have a huge family with lots of siblings and everyone keeps reproducing, so there are a lot of kids. Never, not one single time has anyone enunciated that they think they should have the better room. And yes, I have a room in the basement. With a bathroom in the hall that is also shared with whoever is down there playing pool or watching movies late into the night. Someone is going to get stuck in my office sleeping on a blow up air mattress, or on a pull out sofa in the loft.  Never. Note once has anyone ever acted like they should get the better room. It is just shocking to me that people actually say things like this. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I don't recall Luann being a screamer in restaurants.   Dorinda was particularly embarrassing this week and Sonja is usually drunk and nonsensical but rarely a screamer. 

Carole is not friends with Ramona or Luann.  Her friendship had to be restarted this year with Dorinda.  Carole has had three friends on the show Heather, Kristen and Bethenny.  She does not like Ramona, Sonja, Luann, Aviva, Jules.  Carole thing is she is nice to their faces and then stabs them in the back in the confessionals.  She has done it since her first season.   Talk of Sonja butt F**** the pirate, which she apologized for three years later, constant with Luann.. The woman needs a paycheck so she will feign being cordial or carrying.  I do not know what she will do if Bethenny exits after this season. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think production likes it when they're all in one house together.  It makes it so much easier for filming. 

Oh I understand it; and would probably do it if younger and could put up with the BS! That "high school" behavior about the rooms just makes my eyes roll! A freakin' room is a place to sleep and change! If on vacation, most of the time that room should be left empty! If a part of this loser group of women, I would tell them to "knock yourselves out and I'll take whatever is left over!" It just doesn't mean that much to me having a luxurious room with a great view! The only time I actually ask for a suite is if I know I'm entertaining friends! Like  Dominique Devereaux in "Dynasty," "I don't sleep in the same room as my luggage;" if company is expected at least! lol! 

• Love 3

I think the dislike/hate was mutual, not just Luann to Carole but Carole to Luann at the same time.

They seemed to get along until Carole started dating Adam. Then Luann's claws came out.

agreed. This ain't their first rodeo. They should know by now; if you want the good room, get your ass there. 

I can understand Tinsley ending up with one of the less nicer rooms, since it is her first rodeo. Luann, on the other hand...

Carole is not friends with Ramona or Luann.  Her friendship had to be restarted this year with Dorinda.

She gets along with Ramona, and has been friends with Dorinda for a while. And it looks like she and Tinsley might be starting to become friends as well. I don't think she likes or dislikes Sonja, Sonja is just there to here at this point (and vice versa).

Carole thing is she is nice to their faces and then stabs them in the back in the confessionals.

They all talk shit about each other in the confessionals, that's one of the points of the TH segments.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I wish Sonja would quit reminding LuAnn and the rest of us that they both slept with the same man.  At this point, it's just crass, IMO.   Please Sonja,  just let it go. 

Sonja, like Ramona would be on the "the outs" with me! People who relentlessly say and do the wrong thing only to apologize again and again are just not worth my time! I think it's one of the reasons I don't look my age beside heredity; I avoid drama! I have a tight-knit group that go back to college days and I avoid the drama-queens who need to perform to make their pathetic lives complete! 

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

also the order of their arrival.   slow you blow.

I also found it real rich that Ramona and Sonja were all, "Oh, we can just use Dorinda's tub". Hahahahaha, NO. I wouldn't let either of those jackals in my room for a spare square of TP. 

To Ramona's entitled ass the host should hold a room for her. I wonder if Ramona pissed off producers or if it's just her turn. She is a shit show and her best bet to redemption is "I was so hurt after the divorce". Unfortunately for her, she's too arrogant to humble herself so I look forward to her digging herself deeper in the reunion.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

mostly I think she is drunk wandering around with a roller in her hair.

Ha!

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

But back in the day when she wasn't doing this for the money, she would probably be embarrassed for these women. 

I agree. This is not her natural crowd. If her future had played out differently,  she and Carolyn Bessette K would be at the beach right now -- deep into the cocktails and popcorn -- binge watching RHoNYC & snarking on the show.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
On 6/29/2017 at 9:19 AM, WireWrap said:

If the rumors were true years ago, Luann does know what it is like to have someone lay their hands on her in a violent way. Remember it was rumored that the Count hit Luann at a wedding, Bethenny has never claimed that anyone hit her and she would have told the world by now had it happened. That said, if the rumor about Luann was a lie (she did deny it) then she was wrong as well. And, we already know that Bethenny/Carole Googled Tinsley, they knew she was physically abused, heck Bethenny even blogged about it last episode. 

I believe Bethenny did claim to have been attacked by her step father when she was 19, so I wouldn't say it's a fact that Bethenny doesn't know what it's like for someone to lay their hands on you in a violent way.  

On 6/29/2017 at 1:10 PM, Ki-in said:

First off- it's pedafile!

I do think she enjoys getting his young, hard dick and hanging out with him from time to time but I think he's kind of flavorless much like tofu. 

Luann told Carole, in so many words, that young guys are good for sex but don't catch feelings because it will not last. Carole said last season that she thought it might be more than temporary (after her epiphany after returning the foster cat). I think she's pushing him away first before he ends it so it's less painful. 

On 6/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, Ki-in said:

To spite Luann, to get under her skin, meaning Carole was bored with Chef Boy R Duh a long time ago but kept seeing him so Luann couldn't say I told you so.

Aren't these two things contradictory?  Carole is only in a relationship with Adam to spite LuAnn and Carole is pushing Adam away because it's too painful to know that their relationship has an expiration date.  I don't see how these can both be true.  

IMO, it's because neither are true. 

• Love 15
(edited)
18 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

My first and always thought w/regard to her snipping about "the help" is, "Dickweed, you're a practical nurse; you were trained to wipe people's bottoms. You WERE 'The Help' and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, 'The Help' here and now is feeding your other end, so shut up right this second."

Got nuthin' other than this comment belongs in the Housewives Hall of Fame.

Lu may bestow her version of grace and favor on a chosen few but would her airs trick anyone that she is to the manner and manor born? Never never never.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

They seemed to get along until Carole started dating Adam. Then Luann's claws came out.

I can understand Tinsley ending up with one of the less nicer rooms, since it is her first rodeo. Luann, on the other hand...

She gets along with Ramona, and has been friends with Dorinda for a while. And it looks like she and Tinsley might be starting to become friends as well. I don't think she likes or dislikes Sonja, Sonja is just there to here at this point (and vice versa).

They all talk shit about each other in the confessionals, that's one of the points of the TH segments.

No, Carole could not stand Luann her first season. Heather convinced her to give Luann a chance their second season, it went to hell in a hand basket their third season. So, they only got along for 1 season. LOL

28 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I believe Bethenny did claim to have been attacked by her step father when she was 19, so I wouldn't say it's a fact that Bethenny doesn't know what it's like for someone to lay their hands on you in a violent way.  

Aren't these two things contradictory?  Carole is only in a relationship with Adam to spite LuAnn and Carole is pushing Adam away because it's too painful to know that their relationship has an expiration date.  I don't see how these can both be true.  

IMO, it's because neither are true. 

If she were really beaten by her former step father, it makes even less sense that she forgave him on camera (her first season back) and wanted Bryn to meet him. Her mother, who Bethenny admits has mental health problems, is guilty forever of allowing herself to be beaten but Bethenny forgives the man that abused both of them? Something stinks in this story! 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If she were really beaten by her former step father, it makes even less sense that she forgave him on camera (her first season back) and wanted Bryn to meet him. Her mother, who Bethenny admits has mental health problems, is guilty forever of allowing herself to be beaten but Bethenny forgives the man that abused both of them? Something stinks in this story! 

If it was a one time attack (whatever it was...if he hit her, or slapped her, knocked her to the ground, whatever), I don't believe that would be the same as the years of multiple abusive episodes between her mother and step-father.  I think Bethenny has issue with her mother because it was repeated over years, in front of her child, and that her mother never left.  I don't believe that it's odd to have resentment over that, and as far as forgiving her step father and allowing him to meet Bryn, I believe she stated that he is a different person now.  I don't think it's odd for Bethenny to forgive him, either. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Bethenny, Lu, Sonja, Ramona and Dorinda all seem to go out of their way to be seen and HEARD in public. The louder, more obnoxious, and obvious - the better. 

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't recall Luann being a screamer in restaurants.  

I was actually thinking when I wrote that, that Beth, Sonja, Ramona and Dorinda are the loud ones.  Luann is the obvious one, as in:  'Here I go into the ladies room with a man.  See me?' 'I'm the tallest so I MUST enter the room first.' 'I'm married.' 'We got the yacht!' 'Did you hear I'm married?' 'I just got married.'  She's not loud in her delivery but, for me, she's every bit as obnoxious in her obviousness/desire to be seen in a certain (countess-y) way. 

Okay, maybe not as obnoxious as Dorinda.  Or Ramona.  Or Bethenny.

• Love 7

No, Carole could not stand Luann her first season. Heather convinced her to give Luann a chance their second season, it went to hell in a hand basket their third season. So, they only got along for 1 season. LOL

Could not stand is a bit strong. They weren't best of friends but they weren't enemies. Well, not until Carole started dating Adam...

Lu may bestow her version of grace and favor on a chosen few but would her airs trick anyone that she is to the manner and manor born? Never never never.

No, but that won't stop her from trying...

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Could not stand is a bit strong. They weren't best of friends but they weren't enemies. Well, not until Carole started dating Adam...

No, but that won't stop her from trying...

No, Carole really could not stand Luann her first season and has said just that. LOL

• Love 6
(edited)

When did she say it?

Even if we go by your timeline, they seemed fine and got along once season 6 started...until Carole started seeing Adam, which, Luann was not cool with. If fact, she was rather uncool about it all.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Bronzedog said:

The one time Luann appeared to have a sense of humor was when she put her arm around Carole and started to lead her out of the restaurant and said "let me get you out of here before you kill someone" after the guy at the other table said she looked like one of the Trumps (don't remember which Trump). 

But, she should have been cool, not uncool, about the hired help using her bathroom.

I love how she half covered her mouth like it was SO scandalous that "the help" would dare to use "her" bathroom.  Give me a break.  You're no longer a countess, honey, drop the act.  We've all seen the real Lu.  I also thought it was endearing when she escorted a shell shocked Carole out when that guy said she looked like Milania.  Heh. Probably the worst insult she could've been given!

Tinsley is working my nerves.  Maybe it's my job as a public defender who deals with people who have NOTHING that have gone through severe trauma that makes me roll my eyes at her so much.  You have every resource in the world.  You're 41 years old and have lead a picture perfect charmed life.  Pick yourself up and move forward.  She acts like she's the only woman that's ever been in a fucked up, crazy relationship before.  She's very childlike. It's kind of embarrassing to watch.

• Love 17
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Yeah, I'm seriously side eying Tinsley.  There are a some women that embrace their victim status a little TOO much.   They enjoy the attention they get from it and milk it for all it's worth, some going so far as to use it to excuse their own bad behavior and/or use it as an excuse not to live their lives.  The way she brushed aside Bethanny and was like "well, yours wasn't made public" was telling.  For starters, Bethanny's situation is EXTREMELY public so it was a ridiculous thing to say.  Secondly, you could tell Tinsley didn't appreciate not being the sole "victim" sitting at the table.  Her story is worse than everyone else's.  She deserves the most sympathy from everyone at the table.  How dare anyone tell her she needs to move on with her life.  She's a VICTIM!  I get that something traumatic happened to her but girlfriend is carrying on like she was just rescued by a SWAT team after being chained up in a bunker for the past two years.  The dramatics just seem a wee bit over the top given the situation.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, lezlers said:

You're 41 years old and have lead a picture perfect charmed life.  

I don't know of any "picture perfect charmed life" that involves a woman getting staples in her head due to physical abuse. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
(edited)
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

I don't know of any "picture perfect charmed life" that involves a woman getting staples in her head due to physical abuse. 

I meant picture perfect life until her last relationship.  Sorry that wasn't clear.  She came from a very well to do family, went to expensive boarding schools and married super rich.  She became a socialite and never had to worry about putting a roof over her heard and food in her belly.  All she worried about was what party to attend and how to get her signature curl in her hair.   I'm not trying to minimize the abuse she endured in her past relationship, my point is many women go through abusive relationships that they CAN'T get out of because they're completely dependent on their abuser and when they finally are able to escape, are truly left with nothing.  They don't get the luxury of "hiding" in palm beach then coming back to new York when they're ready, without having to work to pay their bills.  Many of those women have children they have to feed and house with no trust fund to fall back on.  They don't get to spend months living rent free in an expensive city shopping and getting blow outs until they feel "ready" to blow 9K a month on their own apartment. That's the kind of stuff I'm rolling my eyes at. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

I think Carole would be living a very different life if her husband hadn't died.  She was a widow in her 30's, not easy. But, like she tired to tell Tinsley, that life was over, time to reinvent herself. 

• Love 13
(edited)
35 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I meant picture perfect life until her last relationship.  Sorry that wasn't clear.

Thanks for clarifying --  this week,  Tinsley said her father was an alcoholic & his drinking ruined her family (and her response to his drinking has left her riddled with guilt) so her previous life doesn't sound all that charmed, either.  She IS lucky that she has resources to help her get better, and she seems to be trying to do just that. She's not in denial (admitted having PTSD, nightmares and insomnia) and is in therapy.  I'd go shopping for a better doctor if I were her  (what a loon he was) but still, I don't see her sitting back and refusing to move forward.  If (ten years from now) she's spent the last decade blaming this for everything that's wrong in her life, that's a different thing --  but for now, imo, she's dealing with a major trauma in the recent past and I don't think she's playing possum, or playing victim. I think she's sincerely trying to fight genuine demons; maybe not effectively (the lousy therapist,  these lousy women) but I think she's trying.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

I really dislike the scenes with any TV "therapist" on these shows.  I question their validity, and I would never want to go to a therapist who is willing to be on these reality shows.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thanks for clarifying --  this week,  Tinsley said her father was an alcoholic & his drinking ruined her family (and her response to his drinking has left her riddled with guilt) so her previous life doesn't sound all that charmed, either.  She IS lucky that she has resources to help her get better, and she seems to be trying to do just that. She's not in denial (admitted having PTSD, nightmares and insomnia) and is in therapy.  I'd go shopping for a better doctor if I were her  (what a loon he was) but still, I don't see her sitting back and refusing to move forward.  If (ten years from now) she's spent the last decade blaming this for everything that's wrong in her life, that's a different thing --  but for now, imo, she's dealing with a major trauma in the recent past and I don't think she's playing possum, or playing victim. I think she's sincerely trying to fight genuine demons; maybe not effectively (the lousy therapist,  these lousy women) but I think she's trying.

That therapist was freaking me out.  His expression was....odd.   I also thought it was odd that she chose a male therapist that appears to be close in age to her.  Considering what she's there for, it seemed like an unusual choice.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:
6 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Wait - 6 bedrooms, 6 HWs

B&C sharing 1

Raja sharing 1

Leaves 4 bedrooms for 2 HWs

~~~~~

Even if Raja didn't share, that leaves 5 rooms for 4 wives. How did Lu wind up belowstairs?  

7 housewives.

...sigh....insert obligatory "I'm no good at maths". crack here!!! Thanks. ;-/

• Love 3

I agree. This is not her natural crowd. If her future had played out differently......I could see Carolyn Bessette not answering her calls.......forced to take a job on a low rent reality show to pay the bills because she is not really a writer.......errr......never-mind.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Yeah, I'm seriously side eying Tinsley.  There are a some women that embrace their victim status a little TOO much.   They enjoy the attention they get from it and milk it for all it's worth, some going so far as to use it to excuse their own bad behavior and/or use it as an excuse not to live their lives.  The way she brushed aside Bethanny and was like "well, yours wasn't made public" was telling.  For starters, Bethanny's situation is EXTREMELY public so it was a ridiculous thing to say.  Secondly, you could tell Tinsley didn't appreciate not being the sole "victim" sitting at the table.  Her story is worse than everyone else's.  She deserves the most sympathy from everyone at the table.  How dare anyone tell her she needs to move on with her life.  She's a VICTIM!  I get that something traumatic happened to her but girlfriend is carrying on like she was just rescued by a SWAT team after being chained up in a bunker for the past two years.  The dramatics just seem a wee bit over the top given the situation.

Tinsley didn't initiate the comparisons of her situation to that of Bethenny. Bethenny did. She also didn't tell Bethenny "stop right there because you have no idea."

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I meant picture perfect life until her last relationship.  Sorry that wasn't clear.  She came from a very well to do family, went to expensive boarding schools and married super rich.  She became a socialite and never had to worry about putting a roof over her heard and food in her belly.  All she worried about was what party to attend and how to get her signature curl in her hair.   I'm not trying to minimize the abuse she endured in her past relationship, my point is many women go through abusive relationships that they CAN'T get out of because they're completely dependent on their abuser and when they finally are able to escape, are truly left with nothing.  They don't get the luxury of "hiding" in palm beach then coming back to new York when they're ready, without having to work to pay their bills.  Many of those women have children they have to feed and house with no trust fund to fall back on.  They don't get to spend months living rent free in an expensive city shopping and getting blow outs until they feel "ready" to blow 9K a month on their own apartment. That's the kind of stuff I'm rolling my eyes at. 

I don't know what I think of Tinsley in general but I think PTSD after getting one's head cracked open seems pretty reasonable. The fact that she had resources to leave means that, well, she eventually did leave. It doesn't retroactively mitigate the trauma that precipitated the PTSD. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I once had a carpet cleaning technician use our bathroom, and he left a horrible mess and smell. My kids were little at the time, so my germaphobe tendencies were strong and I spent over an hour disinfecting everything. 

That was rude of him to make a mess. Besides cleaning the sink and toilet would could take an hour to disinfect?  

I spend a lot of time traveling so I am constantly in airport bathrooms, hotel bathrooms, restaurant bathrooms. You just can't let yourself think of how many people have used it since it was last cleaned.

i don't think there was any reason for Luann to let everyone know that the chef used "her" bathroom.  Would she rather him go outside where,there is nowhere to wash his hands?  Why embarrass him on TV?  A lot of fuss over a 2 or 3 day trip.  

• Love 8

Secondly, you could tell Tinsley didn't appreciate not being the sole "victim" sitting at the table.  Her story is worse than everyone else's. 

I'm willing to give Tinsley a pass on her frustration with the ladies in this situation.  Tinsley is new to the group.  Many of them don't really know her.  She was trying to share something traumatic with them, and while it's good for others to chime in and sympathize with the "been there, done that" routine, they seemed to shut her down quickly as if she had no right to complain.  It escalated into something it shouldn't have.  We've been listening to Bethenny's tale of woe for years now.  Couldn't they let Tinsley have her moment and be a little more supportive?  They always let Bethenny cry and yell and get her feelings out.  Why not do the same for the newbie?  She probably wouldn't have went off on them if they had handled it differently.  IMO, Tinsley made a mistake in telling Bethenny that she didn't know about the public humiliation (maybe she never saw Bethenny's info in the paper or online - not everybody cared or knew who Bethenny was), but I think she just reacted out of frustration. 

I certainly wouldn't try to talk to this group of women about anything personal.  Everyone of them is all about themselves.   I've had co-workers like that.  You try to open up to them and it suddenly gets turned around and they just want to talk about themselves.  And people wonder why I don't open up easily.  It's frustrating to try to have a conversation with some people, and to feel like they actually give a damn about what you're saying.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

When did she say it?

Even if we go by your timeline, they seemed fine and got along once season 6 started...until Carole started seeing Adam, which, Luann was not cool with. If fact, she was rather uncool about it all.

She talked about her dislike of Luann season 1 and she also talked about how it was Heather that convinced her to give Luann another chance her second season. Then both Heather and Carole talked about it on WWHL with Andy. So, Carole's first season, she disliked Luann. Her second season, she really liked Luann, but then her third season Carole/Luann have a falling out over Adam and they have not recovered since. Oh, and I thought Luann was in the wrong when it came to Carole/Adam, not Carole, that is until Carole started going nuts on twitter when season 2 was over (including the reunion), then I felt that both women were nuts! LOL

• Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She talked about her dislike of Luann season 1 and she also talked about how it was Heather that convinced her to give Luann another chance her second season. Then both Heather and Carole talked about it on WWHL with Andy. So, Carole's first season, she disliked Luann. Her second season, she really liked Luann, but then her third season Carole/Luann have a falling out over Adam and they have not recovered since. Oh, and I thought Luann was in the wrong when it came to Carole/Adam, not Carole, that is until Carole started going nuts on twitter when season 2 was over (including the reunion), then I felt that both women were nuts! LOL

I am seriously in awe of your memory for these shows, WireWrap. You and Zoeysmom -- you both blow me away.

I am lucky if I can remember the name of a HW from three seasons ago.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I am seriously in awe of your memory for these shows, WireWrap. You and Zoeysmom -- you both blow me away.

I am lucky if I can remember the name of a HW from three seasons ago.

Aww, Thanks but ZM and others have far better memories than I do, I have made my fair share of mistakes remembering things incorrectly. I really liked Heather/Carole and was thrilled when Luann got close to them, they were a fun trio to watch, so this is why I remember them all talking about the friendship/or lack of it on the show/WWHL. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She didn't care for Lu in her first season, but it was all pretty much in her TH interviews that she gave her opinion of Lu. Which was basically that she acted superior and condescending (and she did).  She got to like her more as the season went on, but she didn't love her. By the time they took the group trip, Carole had come to the point where Lu didn't bother her so much. Remember that Lu was upset at the reunion after seeing Carole's TH interviews because she said she thought they were friends and didn't know that Carole thought those things about her. Carole apologized for saying those things and said that she now saw her a bit differently. But their relationship was rocky when the next season started because of the things that Carole had said about her. Heather encouraged a friendship and it took. For all of that season they were friends. And all of the next season they were friends. Even after Carole started dating Adam they were friends. Carole said they would hang out at Lu's Hampton house during that season and Lu never let on that she was upset about Adam to her off camera. She only became a shrew after the T&C trip, which happened near the end of the season. And she needed a reason to be mad at Carole. 

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She didn't care for Lu in her first season, but it was all pretty much in her TH interviews that she gave her opinion of Lu. Which was basically that she acted superior and condescending (and she did).  She got to like her more as the season went on, but she didn't love her. By the time they took the group trip, Carole had come to the point where Lu didn't bother her so much. Remember that Lu was upset at the reunion after seeing Carole's TH interviews because she said she thought they were friends and didn't know that Carole thought those things about her. Carole apologized for saying those things and said that she now saw her a bit differently. But their relationship was rocky when the next season started because of the things that Carole had said about her. Heather encouraged a friendship and it took. For all of that season they were friends. And all of the next season they were friends. Even after Carole started dating Adam they were friends. Carole said they would hang out at Lu's Hampton house during that season and Lu never let on that she was upset about Adam to her off camera. She only became a shrew after the T&C trip, which happened near the end of the season. And she needed a reason to be mad at Carole. 

According to both Heather and Carole, Carole did not like Luann at all her first season. Heather convinced her (during the shows hiatus) to give Luann another chance during their second season because Heather and Luann had gotten close and she wanted Carole as part of that closeness. Yes, they started out as friends that third season, Carole and Luann even supporting each other against Sonja/her facialist but then Adam entered the picture. Luann put a wall up after Carole/Adam began dating, keeping her cool about it but she also kept Carole at arms length. Then T&C happened and the gloves were off. Yes, I do think Luann decided to use Carole/Adam to help her storyline but I also think she was hurt that Carole didn't care enough to tell her about her/Adam from the get go. I even think that is a part of why Carole got so upset at Luann, she felt guilty for not being up front right away. Both acted foolish, said ugly things and sadly a fun friendship was ruined over it. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2017 at 8:19 AM, ghoulina said:

Sonja really needs to can it with the double entendres and sex jokes. It's not cute. It's not funny. You just look sloppy and stupid. I don't even take Lu's marriage seriously, but Sonja trying to joke that the two of them were closer than Lu and Dorinda, because they've had the same man, was all kinds of gross. And, frankly, didn't make a lick of sense. Sonja's slept with everyone, so by that note she should have besties all over the city. 

Agreed. Let it go, Sonja. Honestly, it's gross.

On 6/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, ghoulina said:

And Tinsley just does NOT articulate herself well. I think she was trying to say that she very much wants children and that might be why she feels a bit rushed/desperate to get married so quickly. She is 41. I think she was trying to say, "It's easy for all of you to say x,y, and z because you all have HAD kids!" Well, except for Carole. As she pointed out, along with her (possibly wrong) assumption that Carole just didn't want any. 

Tinsely has every right to not be over her traumatic relationship, but she does give off a bit of an air of being the sole victim on the island. While I don't know that any of them have been through her exact situation, several of them have had pretty dysfunctional relationships and/or horrible breakups. So that's really not a good tack to take when trying to get your point across. 

Agree with you - I think that's exactly what Tinsley was trying to get at with the children thing (and Carole) but it came out all wrong. I find her inability to communicate in an articulate way frustrating. I think I'd have a hard time hanging out with her.

That said, I also think the other women were too drunk to have a serious conversation with her. I think if they'd been a bit more sober, it might have gone differently. Seemed like the kind of drunk where no one is really listening to the other person. At the end of the day, I think they all were trying to tell her not to be embarrassed because they've all been humiliated in the press one way or another, but no one was really listening to the rest of what she was saying. 

21 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I didn't take it as an insult either. I have that same sense of humor and while I have a couple of friends who can't take it, most of mine do. I've had friends say that they enjoyed it because they know they can crack on me too. Hell, one of my friends joked with me once that I was dressed like a watermelon (green pants, white top, pink cardigan) and I laughed hilariously. It is just their type of friendship.  Just because it doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it doesn't work for them. 

I laughed pretty hard at it, actually. My friends and I speak this way to each other and think it's pretty funny. I think some groups just do have very dry senses of humor and are not easily offended. I actually thought the same thing when Bethenny was swearing at Frederick about the bar - she's joking and I think he gets it. I think Carole got it too since she joked about it later on saying she was indeed a zookeeper or on a safari because all the women were animals. Carole and Bethenny have very different personalities, but I think they genuinely get each other. 

I'm also not so sure a Carole that was still hanging with Carolyn Bessette would be much different. Carolyn had a nasty reputation for being a loud, angry, dirty fighter who didn't hold back when she felt slighted. I hardly think she was as of-the-manor-born as she appeared to be in photos. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I remember Carole jabbing LuAnn with digs in her season five talking heads that well exceeded deflating Lu's pretentiousness - specifically, the insults  ("I heard the voices of two men. One of them was LuAnn's") about biological features that Carole finds hilarious when they're not directed at her and she can cry misogyny. 

It's been five years so I could be wrong about this m but I also have zero recollection of a substantive apology from Carole at the reunion as opposed to "it was a joke!" exasperation. 

I do recall her approaching LuAnn at the beginning of the following season Chez Countess once things had gone south with Aviva and mumbling "I'm sorry if ..." and getting stuck to the point that LuAnn had to finish her sentence for while simultaneously thanking her. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

My guess is Tinsley got involved with an abusive man who played head games with her, then had her arrested when she tried to confront him.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

According to both Heather and Carole, Carole did not like Luann at all her first season. Heather convinced her (during the shows hiatus) to give Luann another chance during their second season because Heather and Luann had gotten close and she wanted Carole as part of that closeness. Yes, they started out as friends that third season, Carole and Luann even supporting each other against Sonja/her facialist but then Adam entered the picture. Luann put a wall up after Carole/Adam began dating, keeping her cool about it but she also kept Carole at arms length. Then T&C happened and the gloves were off. Yes, I do think Luann decided to use Carole/Adam to help her storyline but I also think she was hurt that Carole didn't care enough to tell her about her/Adam from the get go. I even think that is a part of why Carole got so upset at Luann, she felt guilty for not being up front right away. Both acted foolish, said ugly things and sadly a fun friendship was ruined over it. 

When/how do you think Lu kept Carole at arms length after she started dating Adam? I honestly don't remember that. I have looked back though the episodes leading up to T&C and can find none where they are not friendly and having a good time with each other. There were even some pics posted at the time of the two of them when they arrived in T&C and they still seemed like good friends. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

When/how do you think Lu kept Carole at arms length after she started dating Adam? I honestly don't remember that. I have looked back though the episodes leading up to T&C and can find none where they are not friendly and having a good time with each other. There were even some pics posted at the time of the two of them when they arrived in T&C and they still seemed like good friends. 

You could see that Luann was holding back, she wasn't as warm, touchy feely with Carole as she was before Adam came into the picture but she was still the same with Heather until T&C. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

I don't know what I think of Tinsley in general but I think PTSD after getting one's head cracked open seems pretty reasonable. The fact that she had resources to leave means that, well, she did leave. 

She didn't leave. A man cracked her head opened and she continued to pursue him.  It took an arrest and the threat of jail if she bothered him again in order for her to leave. 

• Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Lemons said:

She didn't leave. A man cracked her head opened and she continued to pursue him.  It took an arrest and the threat of jail if she bothered him again in order for her to leave. 

At the point that Bethenny and co were having this discussion, Tinsley had left. She has not gone back.

Ergo, she left. Apparently, not quickly enough per some metrics. 

But she used those resources that are constantly referenced at the threshold that, for her, helped her to not return. 

Just as, analogously, plenty of people with substance abuse issues - equipped with varying degrees of monetary support - have had disparate points at which they extricated themselves from destructive cycles.

None of which makes any sense to me in the context of the discourse and mystification above-thread about why she is voicing fear of, say, sleeping alone downstairs. 

Is she not permitted to have PTSD and/or was the trauma supposedly less  traumatic because of how she reacted immediately to that trauma?

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Having ones own money doesn't mean that they are exempt from the vicious and all too frequent cycle of abuse. Getting hit/beaten, staying/coming back to be abused all over again. They call it a "cycle" for a reason and neither wealth or education change how often that cycle happens to DV victims. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Having ones own money doesn't mean that they are exempt from the vicious and all too frequent cycle of abuse. Getting hit/beaten, staying/coming back to be abused all over again. They call it a "cycle" for a reason and neither wealth or education change how often that cycle happens to DV victims. 

He was a casual boyfriend, she didn't live with him. I don't know why she would pursue a man like that, I don't know her. I'm not saying she has no excuses or that she has excuses for her part in it. 

Might as well be honest. Her resources didn't help her leave.  The court mandated it. I wish her well, she's not a bad person. 

• Love 6