Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E27: Truth Be Told

• Start Topic

It was a lip kiss, and he asked for a second "better" one. It kind of skeeved me out as well. I mean, I'm not a "mouth kisser" with family members as it is, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not suggesting anything untoward is going on there, but something was definitely off. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Why the fuck does Mackenzie want this loser around her kid. He kills animals. Drives dangerously while high. Peaked 5 years ago. Is a grown child. 

No shit. If she was just young and single, I'd care less. But she is a MOTHER. Your whole life changes when someone else's life is entrusted to your care. Or it should. 

17 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

It was a lip kiss, and he asked for a second "better" one. It kind of skeeved me out as well. I mean, I'm not a "mouth kisser" with family members as it is, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not suggesting anything untoward is going on there, but something was definitely off. 

I don't really care either. I still kiss my daughter (5) on the lips, but my boys asked me to stop giving ANY kisses years ago (they're 7 and 9). Lip kisses would definitely be out. Ryan seems like he would be the same way, so that's why it seems weird. 

• Love 5

I went to the reunion show and they said production placed the camera in the car beforehand but didn't see any of the footage until after they were done driving so no .. they can't be sued . 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I went to the reunion show and they said production placed the camera in the car beforehand but didn't see any of the footage until after they were done driving so no .. they can't be sued . 

Okay, we're going to need more details about the reunion please...What were Mac and Maci fighting over?

• Love 5

The question is , has amber been dating Matt for 3 years ? Amber , people have been married for 40 years and get divorced . Stop with the pity party . And how is this trashy meant to be on jerry springer person making so much money and people who work their asses off every day struggle to pay the bills ? 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

Oh, he sure did.  It was very weird. 

creepy.thumb.JPG.591f51d1be1701b9cbc5a95b069d374b.JPG

And Mack was looking pretty irritated, waiting to get this thing done.

mack.JPG.ad5d3ced61195393d00cc736db1887fe.JPG

Did anyone notice that he already has the wedding ring on?  Wasn't the kiss to calm Mimi down before the wedding?  

Also, Mac always has that face on.

• Love 10
(edited)
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Okay, we're going to need more details about the reunion please...What were Mac and Maci fighting over?

Mac was pissed because she thinks Maci should have come to her since she knew about Ryan's drug use but apparently Maci heard a while ago about Ryan using drugs and never informed mac ... and mac kept saying that Maci was basically using it as a story line for her part of the show and exposure and wasn't concerned about Ryan but only about embarrassing Ryan on tv for her own purposes ... so basically for an hour they were just going back and forth fighting about who's right in the situation 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, MissMel said:

No, I'm right around 5'.  I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone!  It is serious though.  Read the directions on your vehicle on how to position the wheel and seat to avoid serious injury due to the air bag.  Some of us just can't do it.  Seat belts are mandatory but air bags are not.  At least not here the last time I had to check.  I posted that I left the airbag engaged in recent vehicles because my children outgrew me before the time they got permits to drive.  I've been sitting in the passenger seat for many years.  The force of the deployment is very hard and it's like a direct hard full fist to the chest and face, by a grown ass man.  Most people can handle that, some of us cannot.  There's also a powdery substance that allows the bag to come out smoothly and swiftly.  It can cause friction burns.  (I'm from a whole bunch of short people.  We tend to drive older vehicles to avoid this in the first place.  That's becoming harder now, obviously.)  Anyway, don't worry but maybe check into it.  Gathering info doesn't hurt. :)

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! My Mom is 73 now, and likely an inch shorter by now, and is always driving somewhere.

I will talk to my parents about it, it is something that they need to know about. Thanks again for the details:)

• Love 2
(edited)

Mackenzie looks so much older than 20.  She looks to me like she could be in her 30s, and I think this could partly be why people find it hard to believe that Mackenzie would continue with a marriage to Ryan despite his obvious issues.  I agree, it is difficult to understand, but damn, sometimes when you're 20 you think you know everything--especially when you feel you're in love.  20 year olds can do some stupid shit too.  I feel kinda bad for her because baby girl just don't know what she got herself into.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Mac was pissed because she thinks Maci should have come to her since she knew about Ryan's drug use but apparently Maci heard a while ago about Ryan using drugs and never informed mac ... and mac kept saying that Maci was basically using it as a story line for her part of the show and exposure and wasn't concerned about Ryan but only about embarrassing Ryan on tv for her own purposes ... so basically for an hour they were just going back and forth fighting about who's right in the situation 

I know that this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't mind when Mac leaned over and turned the cameras off. I might have done the same. Turned them off and then demanded that he pulled over and let me drive. I kind of agree with Mac over Maci. She probably WAS using it as a storyline. Everyone in this scenario is at fault. The only Innocent party is Bentley. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! My Mom is 73 now, and likely an inch shorter by now, and is always driving somewhere.

I will talk to my parents about it, it is something that they need to know about. Thanks again for the details:)

@MissMel is right concerning the car stuff. I am 4'10" and air bags are dangerous for people of our size. Even seatbelts are dangerous to an extent and don't always fit properly. Mine go right across my face, for instance, and don't fit properly across my lap. I have to use an adapter. 

• Love 3

Yes, Ryan did kiss his mom on the lips. I actually didn't think much of it because it didn't seem odd. Looking at the still image, yes, it looks odd. But not odd during the actual scene. 

@Birdee oh those trips to the ER with the baby. I sure remember those days. Many of us can understand what you went through. It can be stressful and tiring especially if you have to be there for hours. I hope he is feeling much better. Glad you are back with us. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Yes, Ryan did kiss his mom on the lips. I actually didn't think much of it because it didn't seem odd. Looking at the still image, yes, it looks odd. But not odd during the actual scene. 

The kissing on the lips thing wasn't odd to me. It's a family cultural thing. Some people just do that. I think that it was ALL just weird in context. Even the "normal" things. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It may not matter to some, but I always begin to wonder what drove someone to drug abuse. What drove Ryan to drug use? Was he numbing pain from his childhood? Was he just getting high on pills and it spiraled out of control? The car crash he was involved in occurred in 2014 but, he entered rehab in 2012 so, it kinda throws out the theory he began his abuse of drugs due to that crash. That doesn't mean he didn't acquire pain killers from the doctor and abused that prescription. 

The whole alleged animal abuse story about Ryan is still in the back of my mind. I am still stick at the thought of Ryan having harmed any animal. We see him sitting on his couch being loving to his dog. I then worry about him harming it. Possibly getting upset during the throes of his addiction and taking it out on that dog. I am reminded of a story in the news about a guy who was arrested in a hotel room. The police found a puppy that was lethargic. They tested and found the puppy tested positive for meth and heroin. http://www.inquisitr.com/3121140/drug-addiction-and-animal-cruelty-in-tustin-rescued-puppy-tests-positive-for-meth-and-heroin/

And I ask again, how is it Maci ignores the criminal act of Ryan killing cats and does NOTHING to remove her child from any environment where Ryan would be around him? WTF is she thinking? Each time she pointed a finger at Jen for enabling Ryan, three more fingers are pointing right back at her for her own enabling behavior. Damn lush. 

Pretty abusive to give a dog drugs, makes me sick. We just had a court case here, guy's girl dumped him, he breaks into her house, takes her tiny dog, hammers it over the head 10 fricken times, threw it in the garbage just as the cops got there, tried to save the dog, but it died.

Now they are back together, she is as sick as he is.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

@MissMel is right concerning the car stuff. I am 4'10" and air bags are dangerous for people of our size. Even seatbelts are dangerous to an extent and don't always fit properly. Mine go right across my face, for instance, and don't fit properly across my lap. I have to use an adapter. 

Thanks for the seatbelt warning, have to talk to my Mom-soon:)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Birdee said:

I feel like I say this every week, but...wow. I also feel like y'all have covered everything, but I have a question. Did I mishear or did Ryan ask his mom for a second kiss because the first one she gave him wasn't good enough? I mean with all the WTFery going on in this episode it's a small thing, but still weird. 

After snooping around Jen's Insta (really, stop hashtagging yourself and Larry. It looks desperate.), I noticed Mac went private...with 61K followers. I never understood the point of that.

Edited to say: I really missed y'all's wit the last 10 days or so. I've been dealing with a sick baby and her first-ever trip to the ER and it was nice to get back here and catch up on the gossip and eye rolling.

Sorry your baby was so sick! Always scary taking a child to the e.r., hope things are back to normal for the both of you:)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That's such bullshit. We saw that the field producers know all that goes on in their vehicles LIVE back when Chelsea accidentally revealed the gender of her baby. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I appreciate the inside scoop. 

My response is not at all directed at you.

Maci is a fucking lying sack of shit. She knew long ago about Ryan's drug use. 

Now, on to Mackenzie.

Mackenzie is a lying sack of shit. She knew damn well Ryan was doing drugs and yet, she married him when he was out of his fucking mind. How can she put the blame on anyone for not informing her of Ryan's drug use? That is not Maci's job to do although, St. Maci of Bud Lite has sure made herself out to be the only one who really knows Ryan, she is the only one who can help Ryan and it is her duty to save him. 

I am glad that Mackenzie is calling out St. Maci on her using Ryan as her storyline because it is true, but I wish it was someone else that was saying it because Mackenzie herself is using this show and using Ryan for her own gain. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I know that this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't mind when Mac leaned over and turned the cameras off. I might have done the same. Turned them off and then demanded that he pulled over and let me drive.

I'm not okay with doing anything before demanding he pull over.  He was endangering her and others and she was the only person on the planet with the opportunity to do that.

• Love 17

Does Maci use Ryan for a story? Of course.  Ryan being a shitty dad to Bentley has been Maci's story from the beginning. Did she know more about Ryan's drug use before all this? More than likely. His parents, Maci, Mackenzie now; they were all enablers. No one comes out smelling like roses in the situation. 

I just can't with Mackenzie being so offended on Ryan's behalf about him being embarrassed on TV? Please. Ryan is an adult and could've told MTV no on filming him seven years ago after him and Maci split. He uses Teen Mom the same way Maci does. He gets a check . His is just smaller. No one is forcing him to be on this show or you for that matter Mackenzie. You got married and your groom could barely string two sentences together in the car. Who is really getting embarrassed? I have no sympathy for Ryan driving down the road endangering people's lives or Mac for continuing to ride with him without telling him to pull over. Ryan chose to do drugs and he chooses to be on TV. If he's high while he's on there, that's all on him. I'm not blaming anyone else for that. 

• Love 21

I checked into this forum for the first time in 24 hours and there were five pages of new comments. While reading them, I realized that I'm not enjoying the Ryan snark as much as I enjoy Amber being trashed. Maybe it's because I never really thought anything about him and found myself rooting for her in the past, only to want to see her crash and burn for blaming Matt's victims for his treatment of them. 

So, since I'm not taking pleasure in Ryan's misfortune, I don't need to deal with my enjoyment of Amber's downfall. The little bit of enjoyment I'm getting out of Maci being called out for her hypocritical behavior is also not going to be dealt with, because I think she earned it, too. 

It's not that I care that Ryan is being raked over the coals, but more that it doesn't fill me with the glee I get from watching Amber thrash around in the web of lies she helped create, only to find herself more and more trapped. If I don't have that when watching Ryan get called out, I am clearly not in need of checking myself. So, you go Ambie! Keep being yourself!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Christina said:

I checked into this forum for the first time in 24 hours and there were five pages of new comments. While reading them, I realized that I'm not enjoying the Ryan snark as much as I enjoy Amber being trashed. Maybe it's because I never really thought anything about him and found myself rooting for her in the past, only to want to see her crash and burn for blaming Matt's victims for his treatment of them. 

So, since I'm not taking pleasure in Ryan's misfortune, I don't need to deal with my enjoyment of Amber's downfall. The little bit of enjoyment I'm getting out of Maci being called out for her hypocritical behavior is also not going to be dealt with, because I think she earned it, too. 

It's not that I care that Ryan is being raked over the coals, but more that it doesn't fill me with the glee I get from watching Amber thrash around in the web of lies she helped create, only to find herself more and more trapped. If I don't have that when watching Ryan get called out, I am clearly not in need of checking myself. So, you go Ambie! Keep being yourself!

It's hard to enjoy the Ryan snark because dude could have killed innocent people on the road - just like he did with stray cats. Amber/Matt drama is delicious because these two selfish fucks destroy nothing more than flooring and wood trim.  They deserve each other. It's like the ending of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels when you realize that their mark is an even better con artist than Steve Martin and Michael Caine.  Ryan's shit is too real and people who are just trying to get home could have died because Mackenzie needed to get this loser to the altar. Perhaps if Ryan wore a Onesie like Amber, it would be funny....

• Love 19
(edited)

In my opinion, I honestly don't feel there is any sort of glee or pleasure being felt over Ryan's behavior. I think mortified, horrified, shocked, and downright disgusted (at his driving under the influence) is more in tune with how people feel, along with some feeling a bit of sympathy because he is an addict and addiction is a disease. 

Amber once had my sympathy and I rooted for her. That changed when she decided to turn on the victims of Matt's cruel and abusive behavior, and when she turned her back on her daughter. Leah will be fine as long as she has Gary and Kristina in her life. Amber and Matt can become hermits and eat dog shit for all I care and I will not share one ounce of sympathy for her. I can't wait for Amber's downfall, not that she isn't there already. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

Oh, I don't think anyone here is finding Ryan's situation gleeful, but since I don't either, I don't have to deal with my glee of watching Amber crash and burn. 

And I can't like again, which is probably a good thing since I would have used them all in this thread already. 

• Love 4

I haven't really commented on my opinion on the Ryan situation because I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said... I think everyone directly involved is trying to place blame on everyone else and the person that is really hurting is Ryan (and Bentley by proxy). Ryan is a big boy, so he'll eventually have to take some kind of responsibility if he wants to get better and move on, except how does someone do that when they have never taken responsibility for anything in their life? Between Mac and Maci, both seem to want to be the hero, but not necessarily do the work of being there to truly help, Mac by ignoring clearly dangerous behavior, and Maci for using it as a storyline. I know that's probably an unpopular opinion, I actually have come down some on my dislike of it being a storyline... but something about it still feels less than genuine on Maci's part. I do feel she is truly concerned about Bentley, and to a degree Ryan... but I guess it just bothered me that her scenes were all "I shouldn't talk about this on camera" only to talk about it on camera. Again, probably unpopular, but I wonder if Maci would have done what she did (talk to the counselor, etc) if cameras hadn't caught it. She's done a good job of hiding it for years, only to have it all come out when she happens to have virtually no story? Granted Ryan did get out of control also making it hard to not acknowledge, but it makes me wonder what has been hidden in the past that we didn't see.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

LOL.  Does anyone on this earth besides Jen actually believe Mackenzie didn't know about Ryan's drug problem?  That's absurd.  Maci very well could've been using it as a storyline, who knows, but if Mac is seriously sitting up there denying she knew Ryan used drugs I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell her.   Lying ho.

If she didn't know it before, she knew it when he almost ran her ass off the road!  And the donkey still stood in that random parking lot and married him.  What's that wedding story going to be like years down the line?  Can't wait to hear the romantic spin she puts on it at the reunion show.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

LOL.  Does anyone on this earth besides Jen actually believe Mackenzie didn't know about Ryan's drug problem?  That's absurd.  Maci very well could've been using it as a storyline, who knows, but if Mac is seriously sitting up there denying she knew Ryan used drugs I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell her.   Lying ho.

This.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

What's that wedding story going to be like years down the line?  Can't wait to hear the romantic spin she puts on it at the reunion show.

Hahaha, let me try: "Rhiiiine was so overcome with excitement when he saw me in my wedding dress.  He damn near passed out on the way!  I knew it before, but I really knew it then, it was true love."  (Oh Jenelle, bitch done stole your storyline!)

I still say Mack is pregnant.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I appreciate the inside scoop. 

My response is not at all directed at you.

Maci is a fucking lying sack of shit. She knew long ago about Ryan's drug use. 

Now, on to Mackenzie.

Mackenzie is a lying sack of shit. She knew damn well Ryan was doing drugs and yet, she married him when he was out of his fucking mind. How can she put the blame on anyone for not informing her of Ryan's drug use? That is not Maci's job to do although, St. Maci of Bud Lite has sure made herself out to be the only one who really knows Ryan, she is the only one who can help Ryan and it is her duty to save him. 

I am glad that Mackenzie is calling out St. Maci on her using Ryan as her storyline because it is true, but I wish it was someone else that was saying it because Mackenzie herself is using this show and using Ryan for her own gain. 

All of this!!!!

And I truly believe Maci never called Ryan out about his drug use, never tried to keep him away from Bentley, & never even brought it up to Jenn & Larry because she was afraid they'd expose her as a functional alcoholic who drank when she was knowingly pregnant who has too many beers and fights woth her also functional alcoholic boyfriend/now husband with the kids around.  And again, if Maci didn't care about chugging beers at 17 weeks pregnant, I'm not so sure she's even that concerned about Ryan doing drugs as long as he wasn't nodding out on camera to the point where it became a storyline (as it now has).  She also didn't want to piss off her "second set of parents...(err, I mean free babysitters)" by approaching Jen & Larry about his drug use. 

We still haven't seen her go to court or anything like Chelsea did without Adam as far as drug tests and supervised visitation, although I bet it's gonna happen if people keep calling her out about it (or MTV will realize people are calling her out about it and suggest it so St. Maci of BudLite can save face.)

I feel really badly for Bentley. I have a parent who is an addict (in recovery for several years now, thank goodness, but not until I was well into adulthood). My addict parent was a relatively high functioning addict and hid it relatively well to the outside world during my childhood. Poor Bentley has his dad who is nodding out in the regular & driving high AF as one parent & the other I suspect is a functional alcoholic who is married to another functional alcoholic and Bentley has seen all the nastiness that entails. I seriously thought he was the kid in the relatively best situation (besides Carly) of the TM OG kids at the beginning of original Teen Mom. Apparently, it looks like his situation is better than some of the other kids but in reality, it might be one of the worst ones, it's just not as obvious. 

17 hours ago, lexiexx said:

Mackenzie  would look younger if she toned down the blonde and wore less eyeliner

And stopped the tanning!!! Look at your idol Maci, Mac. Lighter skinned white girls don't need to sit in the tanning bed or paint themselves orange (although I guess orange is better than eventual skin cancer). Maci obviously didn't practice good sun practices with her fair skin (plus smoking and drinking), and she now looks as old as her mama Sharon. Lay off the tanning, Mac! You don't wanna age any more, girl! 

• Love 16

Ok. I was out of town for a few and come home to this?! I fucking KNEW Ryan was rolling sideways for a good while now. I read the board before I watched and I swear the drive is cut out of the east coast run. I even watched the after show. I did see it on you tube though. Much worse than I had prepared myself for. As for Jen kissing her son while it looked rather awkward, I didn't think much of it. It's a cultural thing in my family. Peck and away. Damn Amber doesn't have waterproof mascara? Doesn't she claim a make up line? Mac has pregnancy face. Or perma pissed off.  

• Love 12

Thank you @MyPeopleAreNordic ! I forgot that side show. After watching Debra on here and Family Boot Camp I truly think she is off her nut. Sofia is going to have enough issues. Gammas give comfort and love. Not screaming and suicide threats. She already gets dragged to the cemetery. Why does she call him Daddy Derick? Would Farrah phase it that way if he was alive? Hard to tell.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Has anyone shopped for a wedding dress or bridesmaid dresses? Those things are never in stock!  You can't just stroll in and say "Hey; I'm trying to get married by close of business today.  Give me a nice dress in my size. To rent."  Especially one that looks tailored to fit Mackenzie's odd shape....  I'm going to guess this is the dress she purchased for the formal wedding.  Such fuckery with this Mackenzie. She ranks up there with Kail on the Machiavelli Manipulation scale.

It could be just the angle.  Or he was so fucked up, he kissed her. 

Why the fuck does Mackenzie want this loser around her kid. He kills animals. Drives dangerously while high. Peaked 5 years ago. Is a grown child. 

Ive never heard of a place renting dresses. The only time Ive ever seen dresses that you could just walk out with were dresses that were never picked up and put back on the rack or sample pieces that were discontinued. Or it was a store going out of business. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Ha. Well, Mac may be right about Maci using it as a storyline. But for Mack to act like Maci should have told her, because she didn't KNOW somehow, is BS. And, from what I can see, Mack doesn't really show any concern for Ryan. If she did, she wouldn't let him drive in that condition, just to get to her rush hour wedding on time. 

• Love 11
(edited)

The kissing on the lips thing wasn't odd to me. It's a family cultural thing. Some people just do that. I think that it was ALL just weird in context. Even the "normal" things.

Yeah, like I said, I don't think there is anything wrong with pecking a family member on the lips as a greeting, it was the fact that they kissed & then he said "aw come on, you can do better than that" that was odd to me. 

BTW, I'm curious as to what cultures you guys are referring to (because more than 1 of you has mentioned that)? I'm asking because it has always been a "normal" thing to me (even though I myself did not practice it), and I've never attributed it to particular cultures. 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, like I said, I don't think there is anything wrong with pecking a family member on the lips as a greeting, it was the fact that they kissed & then he said "aw come on, you can do better than that" that was odd to me. 

BTW, I'm curious as to what cultures you guys are referring to (because more than 1 of you has mentioned that)? I'm asking because it has always been a "normal" thing to me (even though I myself did not practice it), and I've never attributed it to particular cultures. 

I'm Italian and it's pretty normal in our family.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, mscav said:

She looks like an advertisement for ID channels Deadly Women

3 hours ago, jadecorleone said:

Ive never heard of a place renting dresses. The only time Ive ever seen dresses that you could just walk out with were dresses that were never picked up and put back on the rack or sample pieces that were discontinued. Or it was a store going out of business. 

People rent wedding dresses here. I actually think it's a good idea. I am one of those people that didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a dress that I would only wear once. I wanted to rent one but they couldn't get one to fit me (4'10", 90 pounds). I ended up buying one from a thrift store and then donated it to a charity that uses them to make burial gowns for stillborns. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

It's big in Mediterranean cultures. My Italian, Croatian, and Greek friends do it. Even the dads kiss their sons on the mouth. It's a quick kiss but the first time I saw it, I did a double take. Now it's normal to me. 

I mentioned a "cultural family thing" because individual families have their own kinds of culture that are not necessarily attributed to nationality. When I was a social worker I remember our supervisor telling us that we couldn't write up families for being loud and yelling at each other all the time (unless they were using emotionally abusive words) because that might just be the cultural environment of that family. We had to learn the difference between "it's weird and not something we'd do but it's part of their family's culture"  and "uh, yeah, that's abusive." It can be a thin line, which is why it is soooo important to have social workers who can spot the difference. 

• Love 11
(edited)
26 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I ended up buying one from a thrift store and then donated it to a charity that uses them to make burial gowns for stillborns. 

OT:  I love that you did that and wish more people knew about this option.  It sure beats the 'trash the dress' trend.  

On Topic:  I didn't mind the first kiss.  It's not my thing but whatever.  It was the "you can do better than that" and a high AF Ryan and sobbing Jen that creeped me out.  MMV

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Ryan was fucking high as a kite. Never expect normal behavior from an addict, as Ryan has shown for several seasons now.  

It is a cultural thing and just a part of what some families do. We kissed relatives on the lips all the time when I was growing up. I recall an uncle of mine who always pouted out his lips right before we kissed him. It is a beautiful memory I have of him. One of many.

My kids will not kiss any relative on the mouth. They will hug and maybe kiss on the cheek, but that is usually reserved to very close family members. My youngest child will kiss me on the lips once in a while. It is probably because I taught them to not cross certain boundaries. Too many Uncle Johnnies (tm Chris Rock) out there who will take advantage of a child who is so open to kissing and hugging people. When I was growing up, it was so normal for children to be pushed into hugging someone. I learned differently and let my kids know it is okay to not be a hugger or kisser. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

People rent wedding dresses here. I actually think it's a good idea. I am one of those people that didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a dress that I would only wear once. I wanted to rent one but they couldn't get one to fit me (4'10", 90 pounds). I ended up buying one from a thrift store and then donated it to a charity that uses them to make burial gowns for stillborns. 

It's big in Mediterranean cultures. My Italian, Croatian, and Greek friends do it. Even the dads kiss their sons on the mouth. It's a quick kiss but the first time I saw it, I did a double take. Now it's normal to me. 

I mentioned a "cultural family thing" because individual families have their own kinds of culture that are not necessarily attributed to nationality. When I was a social worker I remember our supervisor telling us that we couldn't write up families for being loud and yelling at each other all the time (unless they were using emotionally abusive words) because that might just be the cultural environment of that family. We had to learn the difference between "it's weird and not something we'd do but it's part of their family's culture"  and "uh, yeah, that's abusive." It can be a thin line, which is why it is soooo important to have social workers who can spot the difference. 

I'm still proud of the fact that my wedding dress cost a whopping $350 bucks.  I knew I'd never wear it again so I REALLY didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Now that I have a daughter, I'll hold on to it for her but for now, it's still hanging in a garment bag, unlaundered, in my closet for the past almost 7 years.  Whoops!  I think renting a wedding dress is a FANTASTIC idea.   As is what you did with yours.  That's wonderful.  

When my husband and I first got together he thought was really odd that my family members kissed one another on the lips.  We're Italian and it's a cultural thing.  Of course, coming from his family that barely looks at each other much less has any physical contact, it was really REALLY alien.

• Love 9

I definitely think it's weird to rent a dress for a wedding that your own family isn't even attending and you are planning a second "wedding" in a few months. And your husband is dressed casually. What a waste of money. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Large Irish on one side and large Italian on the other.It takes an hour to make it around the tables!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, lezlers said:

I'm Italian and it's pretty normal in our family.

I'm also Italian, my husband is Jewish and yes it's a kiss on the lips with family. I know it sounds creepy, but it's really not. Lips are for immediate relations and everyone else is cheek 

• Love 1

My Irish/French Canadian/Italian family (including my husband's Cuban family) barely hug eachother yet alone kiss on lips. Lol. 

I hate people touching me as it makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable. If a family member tried to pucker up for a spot reserved for my husband or kids (until the age of 6) I'd be wiggling my way out of that situation, ha!

• Love 3
On 6/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, zenme said:

Mackenzie looks so much older than 20.  She looks to me like she could be in her 30s, and I think this could partly be why people find it hard to believe that Mackenzie would continue with a marriage to Ryan despite his obvious issues.  I agree, it is difficult to understand, but damn, sometimes when you're 20 you think you know everything--especially when you feel you're in love.  20 year olds can do some stupid shit too.  I feel kinda bad for her because baby girl just don't know what she got herself into.

I agree. It's easy from the outside to say why doesn't someone in love with an addict just do X thing, but it's not always clear. I think Mac is starstruck for sure, but I also think given that she's a teen mom herself it's possible she isn't someone who thinks about things in the long term and doesn't have the skills to handle complex situations. My stepfather is an alcoholic, and my mom handled it terribly growing up. Did she love me and want to do the right thing theoretically? Yes, but when you're living that life, maintaining a facade of "normalcy" is part of the disease.

• Love 4

Kisses and rental wedding dresses aren't weird. What's weird is a young mother who was determined to marry that addict at all costs.

Any news yet on Miss Maci going to the courthouse to file papers so that she can keep Bentley safe and away from Ryan? I mean, she is sooooooo genuinely concerned. Spare me. A genuine caring parent would have gone to the courthouse long ago. Maci not only uses Ryan as a cheap storyline, but she also tries to paint herself as the best mom on her show by using Bentley.

• Love 8