Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 1

When Liv consumes the brains of someone from Ravi's past, not only does it have her wanting to sleep with every guy in Seattle, she also begins having some very intimate visions of Ravi. Meanwhile, Major is faced with a huge decision.

Promo:

(edited)

Another heads-up: looks like this episode will be preempted again in the NYC area for a Yankees game. It'll be on Saturday, June 24th, but it should be available to stream before that on CW's site. 

Edited by Superclam

So, what was the point in 70% of the plots this season? There's just too much started and then dropped. Why couldn't we have gotten Natalie instead of Shawna? Why couldn't Major and Natalie have gotten a chance this season instead of wasting time with other things? 

Liv is the worst. Zombie brain or not, she should have at least given Justin a heads up on her being on a brain of a woman who liked to sleep around. She should have figured it out, but at the very least, let your boyfriend/lover know what's going on. And I guess they're not really a couple? But then they were? But then Liv slept with Chase? What? No sympathy from me for her sleeping with Chase. I actually could have potentially given her a pass before that scene. Maybe it helps that I was never a Veronica Mars fan, so I have no ties to the actor. I guess this is how they don't kill Justin off but keep Liv single for season 4. I doubt Major is going to want to be dating any time soon as well. 

So, I was convinced that Natalie would die as soon as Major said he'd go with her to Italy. And....yep. I was convinced that she was still a zombie up until the last scene. Maybe she still is, but with that explosion, I assume all the zombies will be dead. Damn; Major can't be happy for one second, can he? Liv has had two boyfriends who have been killed, but at least she got a good relationship with them. Major barely has time to start anything with any girl he's with before it blows up in his face. Liv, Shawna, Natalie, he can't seem to catch a break. 

Ravi's so, so stupid. It makes me sad to see him so stupid. I also don't care much about Peyton, but her plot with the Mayor could potentially be interesting.

Also, no Blaine. In the second to last episode, no Blaine. 

Clive is, once again, MVP. His reaction to the bioterrorism was hilarious, especially when he had to stand at the other side of the room by the door. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Nooooo!!!! Not Natalie!!!

I'm with you, Lady Calypso- I was pretty much convinced something bad was going to happen to Natalie all episode. She'd be turned into a zombie again, kidnapped again, or killed, but... grargh. Yes, they should have had her with Major for a bit longer at least (though I will say, as cute as they seemed to be and as much chemistry as they have, I actually would have been perfectly okay with them not getting romantically involved).

I'm kind of Liv-id right now about this. I really enjoyed her character, and her death seems to pointless in the grand scheme of all this...

(On another note- damn! Jason Dohring is frigging ripped! Holy heck! I really gotta get myself to a gym one of these days...)

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 9

And.... as I find myself saying almost every episode, poor Major can't have any happiness.  Natalie comes back into his life and they even think about going to Italy, so, of course, Zombie Harley would crash his retirement party, and pretty much blow everyone up but Major and Justin (yay!), who were luckily outside at the very moment.  But considering everything Major went through to find her again, it really sucks that she still dies anyway.  Again, poor Major.

Really didn't understand why Liv didn't tell Justin or anyone else, really, that Katty's brains were making her go to bars to hit and possibly hook-up with men, so that someone could keep an eye on her.  Unless the brain was somehow preventing her from even doing that.  But now she's slept with Chase, which I'm sure is going to fuck things up.  At least Justin's still alive.... for now.

At least Ravi's fuck-up from last week as led to Liv busting out the spray time, and getting to see normal Rose McIver this go around.

I forgot until mentioned elsewhere that Clive was always a germaphobe, so him being really freaked out over dealing with the possible bio-terrorists was great.  Malcolm Goodwin continues to be the MVP.  Ravi dealing with the obvious obnoxious lady representing the worst of Fox News viewers was a bit on the nose, but his reactions where still great.

Peyton is going to be Baracus' Chief of Staff?  Hmm...

I wonder if this is it for Rachel/Reporter Lady, or if she's still going to try and get more info no matter what.

Wonder how the finale is going to play out.  Hopefully not too much death and heartbreak!

• Love 2

A girl can never catch a break, can she? Just as Natalie seemed to get her life on track again - got a new place in Italy, hooked up with the hot guy who saved her life, she got blown into pieces? There is no justice!

Speaking of which, don't make the hot new boss into the bad guy, we could use an eye candy like him around a bit longer. Besides, he got way more chemistry with Liv than her token boyfriend.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Really didn't understand why Liv didn't tell Justin or anyone else, really, that Katty's brains were making her go to bars to hit and possibly hook-up with men, so that someone could keep an eye on her.  Unless the brain was somehow preventing her from even doing that.  

Yeah, especially since had she given into temptation with anybody but Chase, she'd have turned them. She was really upset when she turned the Max Rager henchman and he was evil(and it was mostly his creepy, blood-licking fault) so you'd think she'd take steps to make sure she didn't accidentally go too far and turn some innocent man.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, no Blaine. In the second to last episode, no Blaine.

No room for Blaine.  They had to service the other 143 plotlines.

How did Harley Johns know where Major's big party would be?

Was it Natalie who was caught in the explosion?  I can't keep track of all the skinny white women with dark hair that Major hangs out with.

The preview for next week implies that the explosion didn't kill the zombies.  The damage might make them go feral and start spreading the infection.

• Love 2

I still for the most part like the show, and I like the actors, and there is some clever writing when not looking at the big arcs.  However, I do think the show is running out of gas and it might be time to start thinking about wrapping it up.  I can see why they felt it was time to bring in new elements, but none of them are really well developed.   As much as I like them I think they are also struggling with how to keep Blaine and Major on the canvas.  Blaine, I think is an example of a villain who is kept on longer than his expiration date because the actor and character is popular.  Also, not only has there been too much romantic entanglements, they never invested any time developing any of these couples.  Even Liv and Justin were kind of just quickly thrown together, but we have not really seen  why they are a couple except for sex.  Except for Major and Natalie, I have not seem much chemistry in the almost random hook-ups this year.

Speaking of Natalie, if she really is dead, that is such a cruel fate for an innocent woman who had a horrible life and finally had things turn around.  There was really no reason to bring her back like that except for manufactured angst, which was not really needed because there is already enough of that.

• Love 5

Yeah-- I was wondering that as well. Pretty convenient if he just put on his suicide vest and went in search of a zombie party. It wasn't @ Fillmore Graves so I don't know how he knew where to go.

I thought Liv/Chase was hot- but once again- seemed an odd choice to wait until the penultimate episode to throw a wrench into Liv's (relatively new) relationship.  Another odd beat in a very plot-heavy short season. 

• Love 3

I suppose we can still have all/many of the plots wrapped up by the next episode. Only most of the plots will be wrapped up as "Chase did it." or maybe "Carey did it." Here's some thoughts based on all the subplots I could remember at the time.

1. Who killed Clive's ex and her kid?

We pretty much know that someone from FG did, as FG managed to plant the gun at the scene of the Truthers' gun range.

Possible motive: Starting off Discovery Day? Now that we know that Carey is the mother of li'l zombie Priscilla, maybe something more personal?

2. Who killed/what happened to Viv's husband?

Viv said something about he husband being MIA making it so she had to take over, IIRC. That could mean that he's still alive but in hiding, or it could mean that she killed him, or Chase or someone else.

3. Who stole the cure?

Is it me, or were all the FG people pretty blase about Major being human again? Like not a single person asked him how it happened or if they too could be cured. Is that just an oversight of the writers , or is that supposed to be significant?

4. Who killed Viv and the rest of the FG leadership?

Asking the question "Who benefits?" would point to either Chase or Carey, since both moved up in the FG hierarchy.

5. What is FG really up to?

Can't be much good.

6. How far are we from D-Day and what will happen when zombies are discovered to be real?

Looks like we are already basically there.

7. What is the truth between the killing of the dominatrix and her alleged killer?

We basically know that either Baracus himself or Chase or someone else at FG is involved.

With the revelation that Carey may be Patrice's mother/guardian, there's a possibility that Eileen got inadvertently zombified by Patrice

8. What is the deal with the killing of the dungeonmaster/hacker of Russian power plants?  

Still no real clue.

9. What's the deal with Shawna?

I guess she was an attention-seeking famewhore who turned bitter when Major dumped her.

10. What is going to happen with Ravi's ex-boss?

Dead, obvi. But who killed her? Was it Carey, to cover up Patrice infecting others on the plane with whatever disease? Chase, for either screwing her and not wanting her to be a zombie or on learning she was close to figuring out whatever disease was actually zombie-ism? Her CDC partner, for reasons unknown?

11. What's the deal with the mayor's race?

Baracus won, but what does FG get out of it? Is the mayor going to get exposed as a zombie? Is the dominatrix video coming out?

12. Will Blaine's plot to get rich from the international brain smuggling business bear fruit? Or his revenge on his dad?

Blaine's dad is probably full-blown Romero by now. Or maybe not. Maybe Blaine has been feeding him enough brains to barely survive as his regular self as part of the torture.

13. Will Major's reunion with his mom be more than a one-of?

All signs point to no.

14. How will Justin's relationship with Liv, or with unliving, end?

Sleeping with Chase should prove the death-knell, I'd imagine. I guess the next question is if Liv is going to try to start up a relationship with Chase. I hope not, because I'm guessing Chase makes Blaine look like a schoolboy.

15. Any change in the Peyton/Ravi relationship?

16. Any change in the Clive/Bozzio relationship?
Nope and nope. 

I guess I should have also add:

17. What's up with Natalie?

Well, we saw that she came back and apparently took the cure. She told us that she saved a lot of money, traveled the world and was about to do a 6 month stint in Italy. Taking all that at face value, there's still the question of how. When last we saw her, Natalie seemed to basically be a prisoner of a zombie with at least one henchman. He seemed the sort that might wonder where his chosen mistress ended up..

18. How was Harley turned?

I guess it is mostly academic now, but I'm curious if he got infected while escaping the gun range, or if someone from FG found him and decided to turn him either looking for irony or expecting that if he himself were a zombie, he'd keep his mouth shut.

Anywho, this latest episode didn't do it for me on a couple levels. Seemed like a lot of people were carrying idiot balls.

A. Liv not realizing that Katty brain was making her horny, baby!

B. Liv apparently having no visions besides having sex with Ravi. Going to the same bar that Katty had spent so much time picking up men at, seeing and indeed sleeping with someone Katty had at least met and been interested in enough to give Chase her name and room number.

C. Liv and Clive for not killing Harley. Yes, I know zombies are people too, but Harley is a particularly dangerous person to leave alive, both in terms of his willingness to kill and in terms of the danger he represents in revealing the existence of zombies.

D. Speaking of which, why didn't Harley use his newfound zombie-ism to further confirm that zombies exist? 

E. The super-paranoid Zombie Truthers not apparently considering for an instant that Harley could have been turned.

F. Firing Major. Something necessary perhaps to move the plot along, but it doesn't really make sense to let someone go who can still contribute and who you might alienate by firing to revealing your big secret.

This season has done a lot to make Ravi unlikeable. I'm not sure which version of Ravi I dislike most: mooning over Peyton Ravi, I'm the king stud bragging about my sexual prowess Ravi, or I'm hurt because the woman whose pants I wanted to get into turned out to be a reporter and I spilled everything to her and now I'm hurt Ravi.

So there was the shot of Liv in full-on zombie mode, but how was it taken? Basically Liv was there for one second and Reporter fled. She couldn't have taken it herself, right? Would she have been in the video footage of Don E being tortured? Why not use footage of the livestream and Don E?

Am I right that this episode marks the first time that Liv managed to consciously resist the influence of a brain she was on? Knowing that she would a) break Justin's heart and b) infect whoever she slept with, she was able to mostly control herself. I wonder if the kissing was enough to turn the nerd into a zombie.

Was it Natalie who was caught in the explosion?  I can't keep track of all the skinny white women with dark hair that Major hangs out with.

The two Truthers who were plotting revenge for Harley's apparent death/disappearance talked about hitting up different FG hotspots to get to the truth and pointed to one as a place the mercenaries frequently gathered. So Harley himself probably knew those hotspots as the leader of the movement or he might have gotten the specifics from eating the brains of the two Truthers (or just looking at the map they had). I can fanwank that he simply got the suicide vest and went to some of the locations to see who was around and when he saw a bunch of people partying chose that as his target.

Seems pretty clear Natalie has been blown up real good. Before Justin pulls Major outside, Natalie is inside the party and gives him a nod to say it's OK to go with him. She was right in front of Harley while Squad Leader Zombie confronted him and detonated the vest, and had a "No" reaction just before he did it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Thrifty said:

The preview for next week implies that the explosion didn't kill the zombies.  The damage might make them go feral and start spreading the infection.

Ok, so if this is the case (which, damn, killing zombies is much harder now), then I'm fairly convinced that Natalie's still a zombie. We never see her take the cure, and she talks a lot this episode about taking the cure and starting over. 

Because if that's how they took Natalie out, damn. They could have just kept her off screen and not brought her back. But this season is a whole lot of dropped plot points or pointless plot points.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Natalie is a zombie, then Major would get turned back into one because he had sex with her.

Natalie knows that Major is human because she got told that's why FG fired him. I suppose it's possible that Natalie would not know that sleeping with a human would automatically zombify the human. But I can't believe that she'd not at least concern herself with the possibility. As someone who was a zombie call girl for a year or more and as someone who genuinely liked Major, she doesn't seem likely to take the risk of a scratch undoing the cure.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 3

Although plotwise I am not happy about Liv sleeping with Chase, I still must say thank you to Rob Thomas for giving me Jason Dohring walking around mostly naked. Bonus: PUPPY!

Despite the fact that I have issues with Liv sleeping with Chase, I saw so much more chemistry between them than I have seen with Liv and Justin. I think that Liv and Justin have always had an easy friendship vibe, but that's about it.

Poor Major. He just can't catch a break. First he finds out his new girlfriend is posting personal stuff about him online and that gets him fired from the only job he was able to find that didn't care about his Chaos Killer status. He finally gets Natalie back for all of a day before she's blown up along with his friends/former coworkers.

Hee, I was with Clive. Even if you aren't a total germaphobe, who wants to be in a small room interviewing people who might have been exposed to some sort of bioterror/infectious disease?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

If Natalie is a zombie, then Major would get turned back into one because he had sex with her.

Natalie knows that Major is human because she got told that's why FG fired him. I suppose it's possible that Natalie would not know that sleeping with a human would automatically zombify the human. But I can't believe that she'd not at least concern herself with the possibility. As someone who was a zombie call girl for a year or more and as someone who genuinely liked Major, she doesn't seem likely to take the risk of a scratch undoing the cure.

The one thing we haven't actually seen onscreen yet is a human being turned through sex, so that could very well be a twist for the finale. Never say never until the finale airs. Honestly, it's not that I even have proof that Natalie's a zombie. I just have a theory that could very well be false. You're totally right in that she should be concerned, but this season has had characters do the stupidest things, so that's why I'm not counting out the possibility of Natalie being a zombie. If Peyton can sleep with Blaine because "he's a totally different person as a human. No I swear, don't laugh at me", and if Ravi can tell a stranger the entire history of zombies, then they can have Natalie as a zombie and sleeping with Major without concern that he could turn back too.

• Love 2

The one thing we haven't actually seen onscreen yet is a human being turned through sex,

Blaine turned a woman through sex in season one. (that's was the start of the pay-for-brains business). And when Liv and Major were on the verge of hooking up last season-- Ravi told them it would turn Major. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The one thing we haven't actually seen onscreen yet is a human being turned through sex

As @sacrebleu, pointed out, that's how Candy was turned into a zombie: sex with Blaine. Unless we see Major start turning in the finale next week, I think that was the end of Natalie. So now both Liv and Major will share how their significant others meet tragic ends. 

I thought we saw Blaine turn several people into zombies through sex in the first season.  I'm pretty sure she's not a zombie either way.  I was ambivalent to her character for the most part but I'm sad that she went out like that just when her life was starting again.  I will say I didn't understand why or how she was being held captive as a zombie?  She's a zombie why didn't she just rage out and leave?  I kind of zoned out during their scenes so I missed Major agreeing to go to Italy, that would have been an immediate red flag that Natalie was not going to be alive long enough for that to happen.  I kind of feel bad for Major and I kind of don't.  He makes stupid choices all the time.  He hasn't had a storyline not tied to being a love interest in a long time and he's better than that.  He was so awesome when he was a zombie killer in season one, I need more of that Major on the show and not this lovesick idiot we see week in and week out.

I was really disappointed in Liv in this episode.  Its been a long time since she's been eating brains and I would think she would know the signs of being influenced by a brain by now.  I gave her a pass on some episodes but there seems to be no self awareness at all when she is being influenced and its starting to annoy.  I guess what the loneliness/depression the brain was making her feel was a lot more insidious than she was expecting.  I was still really upset she slept with Chase.  Not really because she's with Justin but more because it's completely out of character.  She's been on some pretty sexually minded brains and never went this far as a result before.  It felt cheap and like bad writing to me.  I feel like they only did it so that Liv could have the opportunity to use it to her advantage but again not in her character to be like that.

I think Justin is sweet but I am pretty ambivalent on Justin's character and as a result his relationship with Liv because none of these relationships of Liv's ever last.  Ever.  I'm also confused/annoyed that Liv and Major kind of just fall in and out of bed/love with each other and then move on pretty much next day like nothing happened.  

Ravi's character has taken a tumble this season and I too am disappointed that he like Major keeps making stupid choices over and over.  I will say good on him for telling the reporter off.  I'm not sure what she really thought was going to happen there??  You made him think that you were friends and made him trust you enough to tell you a huge secret but then you wrote a national article about it without his knowledge or permission.  Did you really think he was going to welcome you back with open arms?  

There are a lot of storylines this season but I think they will wind up all connected somehow.  The show has yet to let me down on that regard.  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

As @sacrebleu, pointed out, that's how Candy was turned into a zombie: sex with Blaine. Unless we see Major start turning in the finale next week, I think that was the end of Natalie. So now both Liv and Major will share how their significant others meet tragic ends. 

15 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Blaine turned a woman through sex in season one. (that's was the start of the pay-for-brains business). And when Liv and Major were on the verge of hooking up last season-- Ravi told them it would turn Major. 

Right, I paused before I sent that comment out because I wasn't completely sure. I do know it's been brought up several times, but yeah, I forgot about Candy/Blaine. Well, it has only been maybe a day since they had sex, right? I guess he should have started showing signs of turning by now, which is why it's quite possible that I'm wrong. More than likely, it's just poor writing for Liv/Major to bond over dead love interests. I just don't understand why it had to be included at all.

10 minutes ago, blugirlami21 said:

I think Justin is sweet but I am pretty ambivalent on Justin's character and as a result his relationship with Liv because none of these relationships of Liv's ever last.  Ever.  I'm also confused/annoyed that Liv and Major kind of just fall in and out of bed/love with each other and then move on pretty much next day like nothing happened.  

Same. I like Justin, but I also don't see Justin/Liv chemistry. It also is bogged down by 146943 other plot points, so we've only seen Justin/Liv in a few scenes together. As for the Major/Liv thing, it's getting frustrating that they keep dropping them as a romantic couple. It's not that they're in this Will They Won't They circle, but the show legit pretends that they're not interested in each other at all...until they are for another couple of episodes. It's poor writing on their part. I like Major/Liv and am on board with them since both are genuinely decent people (well, now Liv is questionable, even if she's been on zombie brain), but it's just annoying with them not being able to bring together Major and Liv due to other circumstances.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hee, I was with Clive. Even if you aren't a total germaphobe, who wants to be in a small room interviewing people who might have been exposed to some sort of bioterror/infectious disease?

Also, if it really was suspected bioterrorism then you'd think the cdc would be handling it in conjunction with homeland security or the fbi.

I was sorry to see Christina Cox go, I liked her work in Blood Ties, long ago, and hoped she'd be around for a while, although given the promos I knew she wasn't long for this (that) world.

Here's a minor puzzler. Liv finds herself kissing this guy, pulls back and walks away, fine. she has noticed the danger and will not jump the bones of a human (are we sure a kiss wouldn't turn him, it is more than a scratch). Shouldn't she be taking his contact information?

If the cdc woman (Kathy?) had sex with Chase, though, she either was originally a zombie and the cdc is investigating this using their own zombies or was rogue from the cdc? OR Chase turned her. So, did he have sex with her to turn his own CDC person or did she present herself as a Zombie, turns out she wasn't (it should be easy to tell during sex) and he had her killed?  Or did he have her killed because she was CDC?  He seems fairly careful about cross infection, I doubt he's picking up random non zombies.

I'm still hoping Chase will avert the villain role, because it is so obvious.

Now that he has a little dog I'm going to be pissed if the pupper is orphaned, even if Liv adopts him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Even if Natalie was still a zombie, she was standing right next to ground zero Harley so, at the very least, she'd be torn in two. And that's just not a good look for anyone. Personally, I don't feel anything over Natalie's death. I never expected her to be around for long any of the times she's popped up so I never invested anything in her.  The bright side is that Major won't be flying off to Italy.

The other bright side is that one of Liv's boyfriends will actually make it to the finale alive.  Not that I care about Justin either. He's a nice guy but on the bland side and I also see no romantic tension whatsoever between him and Liv.

Wow. When did Logan Echolls fill out like that? I would not complain one bit if there were more shirtless Chase scenes.

Clive doing his best Monk impersonation was hysterical.

ETA: Oh, and what in the world was Ravi shouting out in the sex visions (sex with Katty)?  All I caught was something about a flatulent Jabba the Hut. I sincerely hope that was something that Katty requested he do because if that was his thing then I'm glad he and Peyton aren't still doing it.  Yikes.

Edited by rove4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Here's a minor puzzler. Liv finds herself kissing this guy, pulls back and walks away, fine. she has noticed the danger and will not jump the bones of a human (are we sure a kiss wouldn't turn him, it is more than a scratch). Shouldn't she be taking his contact information?

Liv and Major made out a bunch and it never turned him into a zombie. So we do have the precedent that it's not going to affect a human and Liv is not going to be concerned about it.

I'm actually wondering if it's Chase that offed Katty. Turned her into a zombie with sex, her being with the CDC, she freaked out and was likely to blow the zombie whistle (not unlike Harley) and he killed her to silence her. Of course, this theory has its flaws, as Liv being on her brain should've been triggered by her own sex with Chase so... maybe not.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah-- I was wondering that as well. Pretty convenient if he just put on his suicide vest and went in search of a zombie party. It wasn't @ Fillmore Graves so I don't know how he knew where to go.

I thought Liv/Chase was hot- but once again- seemed an odd choice to wait until the penultimate episode to throw a wrench into Liv's (relatively new) relationship.  Another odd beat in a very plot-heavy short season. 

The Harley family, being paranoid stalker types, would know where Major lives?

This comes down to Clive, too, and he should feel guilty.

5 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Liv and Major made out a bunch and it never turned him into a zombie. So we do have the precedent that it's not going to affect a human and Liv is not going to be concerned about it.

I'm actually wondering if it's Chase that offed Katty. Turned her into a zombie with sex, her being with the CDC, she freaked out and was likely to blow the zombie whistle (not unlike Harley) and he killed her to silence her. Of course, this theory has its flaws, as Liv being on her brain should've been triggered by her own sex with Chase so... maybe not.

I remember that Ravi wasn't sure of that at all, seemed to think it was extremely contagious. I remembered them not making out when he was human.

I think Chase killing Katty is the obvious choice, he likes having someone in the police force on his side, the mayor, trying to infiltrate the CDC makes sense and if she doesn't agree he kills her.

5 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I also would like Kristen Bell, as Veronica Mars FBI agent, to show up and whip Chase's ass.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I also would like Kristen Bell, as Veronica Mars FBI agent, to show up and whip Chase's ass.

I would die. But in a good way.  :-)

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, rove4 said:

ETA: Oh, and what in the world was Ravi shouting out in the sex visions (sex with Katty)?  All I caught was something about a flatulent Jabba the Hut. I sincerely hope that was something that Katty requested he do because if that was his thing then I'm glad he and Peyton aren't still doing it.  Yikes.

Ok, so this was my guess.  Ravi was shouting unsexy things to try to ....  ummm... last longer.  That was my impression.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I remember that Ravi wasn't sure of that at all, seemed to think it was extremely contagious. I remembered them not making out when he was human.

Well, once he took the cure, after he came back from his mom's, he went to Liv and kissed her. So they have at least kissed once since he took the cure and became human. 

20 minutes ago, GenL said:

Ok, so this was my guess.  Ravi was shouting unsexy things to try to ....  ummm... last longer.  That was my impression.

Aren't you supposed to think unsexy thoughts?

Just now, Thrifty said:

Hahahaha.  I guess you're right.  I don't know then.  That's what popped into my brain.  It was weird either way, tbh.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Thrifty said:

So Ravi is a selfish lover as well. His stock just keeps plummeting, doesn't it? Peyton should be considering herself luckier and luckier...

Maybe zombie transmission is easier, like a lot of STIs are, male-to-female rather than female-to-male.

Didn't Major give Natalie the cure? Why do people think she might still/again be a zombie?

38 minutes ago, rove4 said:
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

I would die. But in a good way.  :-)

I know! It'd be awesome if she did a quick cameo.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Major give Natalie the cure? Why do people think she might still/again be a zombie?

That would be me who really is thinking that and vocal about it. For my reasoning, it's not really proof of anything and I know I could be wrong, but we never saw Natalie take the cure. Major handed it to her and then left. And when we're told and not shown, more often that not, that means a twist can come into play, like Natalie surviving the explosion because she's a zombie. She was close to the explosion, so she probably didn't survive. I just wonder why they brought her back for an episode to hook up with Major and then immediately die. 

16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just wonder why they brought her back for an episode to hook up with Major and then immediately die. 

So that Liv and Major have something in common with Tragically Dead Love Interests would be my guess.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Major handed it to her and then left.

Ah, see I remembered it as Major administering the cure to Natalie. I guess we'll find out next week if Natalie is human or zombie. (Or at least if she's dead dead.)

27 minutes ago, kariyaki said:
44 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just wonder why they brought her back for an episode to hook up with Major and then immediately die. 

So that Liv and Major have something in common with Tragically Dead Love Interests would be my guess.

I also wonder if they're doing a sort of Spinal Tap–drummer thing with Major's love interests.

• Love 1

Damn, Jason Dohring has chemistry with everyone. I thought Liv and Justin were cute, but wow. If Justin did die next week, I would be more upset because of Major- I love their bromance. 

Poor Major can't catch a break. I'm mad that Natalie didn't come in until this episode when we had to suffer through annoying Shaunna for two episodes.

I love Clive. He makes everything better.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I suppose we can still have all/many of the plots wrapped up by the next episode. Only most of the plots will be wrapped up as "Chase did it." or maybe "Carey did it." Here's some thoughts based on all the subplots I could remember at the time.

1. Who killed Clive's ex and her kid?

We pretty much know that someone from FG did, as FG managed to plant the gun at the scene of the Truthers' gun range.

Possible motive: Starting off Discovery Day? Now that we know that Carey is the mother of li'l zombie Priscilla, maybe something more personal?

2. Who killed/what happened to Viv's husband?

Viv said something about he husband being MIA making it so she had to take over, IIRC. That could mean that he's still alive but in hiding, or it could mean that she killed him, or Chase or someone else.

3. Who stole the cure?

Is it me, or were all the FG people pretty blase about Major being human again? Like not a single person asked him how it happened or if they too could be cured. Is that just an oversight of the writers , or is that supposed to be significant?

4. Who killed Viv and the rest of the FG leadership?

Asking the question "Who benefits?" would point to either Chase or Carey, since both moved up in the FG hierarchy.

5. What is FG really up to?

Can't be much good.

6. How far are we from D-Day and what will happen when zombies are discovered to be real?

Looks like we are already basically there.

7. What is the truth between the killing of the dominatrix and her alleged killer?

We basically know that either Baracus himself or Chase or someone else at FG is involved.

With the revelation that Carey may be Patrice's mother/guardian, there's a possibility that Eileen got inadvertently zombified by Patrice

8. What is the deal with the killing of the dungeonmaster/hacker of Russian power plants?  

Still no real clue.

9. What's the deal with Shawna?

I guess she was an attention-seeking famewhore who turned bitter when Major dumped her.

10. What is going to happen with Ravi's ex-boss?

Dead, obvi. But who killed her? Was it Carey, to cover up Patrice infecting others on the plane with whatever disease? Chase, for either screwing her and not wanting her to be a zombie or on learning she was close to figuring out whatever disease was actually zombie-ism? Her CDC partner, for reasons unknown?

11. What's the deal with the mayor's race?

Baracus won, but what does FG get out of it? Is the mayor going to get exposed as a zombie? Is the dominatrix video coming out?

12. Will Blaine's plot to get rich from the international brain smuggling business bear fruit? Or his revenge on his dad?

Blaine's dad is probably full-blown Romero by now. Or maybe not. Maybe Blaine has been feeding him enough brains to barely survive as his regular self as part of the torture.

13. Will Major's reunion with his mom be more than a one-of?

All signs point to no.

14. How will Justin's relationship with Liv, or with unliving, end?

Sleeping with Chase should prove the death-knell, I'd imagine. I guess the next question is if Liv is going to try to start up a relationship with Chase. I hope not, because I'm guessing Chase makes Blaine look like a schoolboy.

15. Any change in the Peyton/Ravi relationship?

16. Any change in the Clive/Bozzio relationship?
Nope and nope. 

I guess I should have also add:

17. What's up with Natalie?

Well, we saw that she came back and apparently took the cure. She told us that she saved a lot of money, traveled the world and was about to do a 6 month stint in Italy. Taking all that at face value, there's still the question of how. When last we saw her, Natalie seemed to basically be a prisoner of a zombie with at least one henchman. He seemed the sort that might wonder where his chosen mistress ended up..

18. How was Harley turned?

I guess it is mostly academic now, but I'm curious if he got infected while escaping the gun range, or if someone from FG found him and decided to turn him either looking for irony or expecting that if he himself were a zombie, he'd keep his mouth shut.

Anywho, this latest episode didn't do it for me on a couple levels. Seemed like a lot of people were carrying idiot balls.

A. Liv not realizing that Katty brain was making her horny, baby!

B. Liv apparently having no visions besides having sex with Ravi. Going to the same bar that Katty had spent so much time picking up men at, seeing and indeed sleeping with someone Katty had at least met and been interested in enough to give Chase her name and room number.

C. Liv and Clive for not killing Harley. Yes, I know zombies are people too, but Harley is a particularly dangerous person to leave alive, both in terms of his willingness to kill and in terms of the danger he represents in revealing the existence of zombies.

D. Speaking of which, why didn't Harley use his newfound zombie-ism to further confirm that zombies exist? 

E. The super-paranoid Zombie Truthers not apparently considering for an instant that Harley could have been turned.

F. Firing Major. Something necessary perhaps to move the plot along, but it doesn't really make sense to let someone go who can still contribute and who you might alienate by firing to revealing your big secret.

This season has done a lot to make Ravi unlikeable. I'm not sure which version of Ravi I dislike most: mooning over Peyton Ravi, I'm the king stud bragging about my sexual prowess Ravi, or I'm hurt because the woman whose pants I wanted to get into turned out to be a reporter and I spilled everything to her and now I'm hurt Ravi.

So there was the shot of Liv in full-on zombie mode, but how was it taken? Basically Liv was there for one second and Reporter fled. She couldn't have taken it herself, right? Would she have been in the video footage of Don E being tortured? Why not use footage of the livestream and Don E?

Am I right that this episode marks the first time that Liv managed to consciously resist the influence of a brain she was on? Knowing that she would a) break Justin's heart and b) infect whoever she slept with, she was able to mostly control herself. I wonder if the kissing was enough to turn the nerd into a zombie.

This is chock full of things that had rolled under my brain fridge.

I thought that Viv's husband was one of Major's corpsicles, just based on how she described it, which means that he romeroed and then died. I wondered if that was the motivation for the takeover.

Viv seemed more bloody minded her first appearance than she did in the later ones. Chase, trying to infiltrate politically, may see himself as the more reasonable solution.

I think it is odd that the zombies would accept a serial kidnapper/freezer, particularly not knowing the particulars, and yeah they knew he was a zombie, so what the hell? It would be darned magical if he just showed up human. FG seems to have a 'one of ours' sort of policy.

The Russian power plant storyline, which had been taken away from Our Heroes by the FBI, could have gotten put on the back burner due to recent real world events.

10 hours ago, GaT said:

This season is just way too scattered. Too many plots, nothing coherent.

This, it made the season much slower, having to set up more storylines.

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

Also, if it really was suspected bioterrorism then you'd think the cdc would be handling it in conjunction with homeland security or the fbi.

I was sorry to see Christina Cox go, I liked her work in Blood Ties, long ago, and hoped she'd be around for a while, although given the promos I knew she wasn't long for this (that) world.

If the cdc woman (Kathy?) had sex with Chase, though, she either was originally a zombie and the cdc is investigating this using their own zombies or was rogue from the cdc? OR Chase turned her. So, did he have sex with her to turn his own CDC person or did she present herself as a Zombie, turns out she wasn't (it should be easy to tell during sex) and he had her killed?  Or did he have her killed because she was CDC?  He seems fairly careful about cross infection, I doubt he's picking up random non zombies.

I'm still hoping Chase will avert the villain role, because it is so obvious.

Now that he has a little dog I'm going to be pissed if the pupper is orphaned, even if Liv adopts him.

3 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I also wondered if he killed Ravi's former boss. If they slept together, I thought that might be one reason he'd hit on Liv (figuring she'd eaten her brain, and would have a vision featuring him, so he slept with her to make it her own memory). He probably would have prompted a vision before they even got out of the bar, though, if that were the case. 

Those visions at the beginning, and her reactions, were hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Anela said:

If they slept together, I thought that might be one reason he'd hit on Liv (figuring she'd eaten her brain, and would have a vision featuring him, so he slept with her to make it her own memory)

The way I understand it, that's not how it works.  The zombies have always been shown going into a trance and when they come out it's quite obvious to them and others they were in one.  There's no way she'd think that was a memory vs a vision.  If Chance killed Katty, he probably didn't consider Liv was going to eat her brain.  I still don't really know what Chance is doing exactly, but I don't think he's a good guy. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GenL said:

I still don't really know what Chance is doing exactly, but I don't think he's a good guy. 

I am not sure it was a complete coincidence he did not go to Major's party and avoided getting blown up.

6 minutes ago, GenL said:

The way I understand it, that's not how it works.  The zombies have always been shown going into a trance and when they come out it's quite obvious to them and others they were in one.  There's no way she'd think that was a memory vs a vision.  If Chance killed Katty, he probably didn't consider Liv was going to eat her brain.  I still don't really know what Chance is doing exactly, but I don't think he's a good guy. 

That's when I changed my mind about any ulterior motives for sleeping with her. It is clear when she's having a vision. I just wondered if she had any memories of her own in that vein, if it would stop a vision from being triggered. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CCTC said:

I am not sure it was a complete coincidence he did not go to Major's party and avoided getting blown up.

Well, I can chalk that one up to no one wanting to invite the boss who canned Major in the first place.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, kariyaki said:
39 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Well, I can chalk that one up to no one wanting to invite the boss who canned Major in the first place.

And even if invited, why would he attend? Talk about awkward for everyone.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Harley probably intended to blow up the zombies at FG, but finding the place nearly empty, he asked "hey, where is everybody?" and got a helpful answer. They probably even threw in a suggestion to tan and dye.

• Love 1

So...that happened. Did the zombies actually die from being exploded? I mean, I can see them all being seriously hurt, but would it kill them? For real? Bad either way, poor poor Natalie. If she is dead, killing her off just seems super mean at this point. And poor Major! Can the guy not get a freaking break? At least his zombie friends were supportive of him becoming human. I thought they would all immediately turn on him (except for Justin), but it was sweet that they were all still on his side. Poor zombies.

I cant say I don't like this season, because I'm still enjoying the plot and characters, but I wish they would just slow the hell down when it comes to jumping from plot point to plot point. There is just SO MUCH going on, its hard to really get invested or engaged. And I'm sick of the characters acting like idiots. Especially poor Ravi, who is stuck acting like a moron around any woman besides Liv, and generally acting like a moron in a way he never has in the past.

Liv really fucked up with Logan (I know his character has a name, but all I see is Logan), even with the brain issue. She could have just told Justin about being on promiscuous zombie brains, and no way should he have gone off with him, after saying no to all those other dudes. I am excited/shocked that Justin actually survived the zombie suicide bombing! Livs boyfriend who isn't Major lived! Miracles abound! That being said, I like Justin, but, as others said, I don't really see romantic chemistry between her and Justin. They seem more like pals than people who are into each other in a zombie way.

I felt bad that the security guy who saw the Max Rager outbreak got killed. Every time we saw him, he seemed super uncomfortable with the zombie truthers he was with, and he seemed like he was a normal guy who thought that these guys were the best chance humanity had against zombies, not some kind of heavily armed conspiracy nut.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Is it possible that Chase just took her number after meeting her in the bar but never actually called her or had sex with her?

I'm pretty sure Liv slept with Chase because 1. she didn't have to worry about turning him so it wasn't enough of a concern to overpower the brain and 2. she was probably always been attracted to him so it was harder to resist.  Either way I can't say Im bothered by it. I wish she would get with him for real mostly because I love Jason Dohring.

• Love 2