Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

More spoiler from freefolk, from a person who correctly spoiled ep 5. I hate it. And unless there some parts missing it doesn't look seem like an hour worth of an episode. So really Drogon really just flys away with Danys body and that's it. So stupid.

May 16th Updates

Jon, Davos and Tyrion are walking through the aftermath of Kings Landing. Tyrion walks through what's left of the castle and sees Jaime's hand so he starts to uncover the rubble and he confirms both Cersei and Jaime are dead. They find Grey Worm and his men they have Lannister Soldiers trapped and they're about to kill them. Jon trys to tells Grey Worm to stop. Grey Worm tells Jon that its the queens orders. Then they cut to Dany giving a speech pretty much saying how she freed the people from Kings Landing and the new goal is freeing the rest of the world. Dany turns to Tyrion and tells him he committed treason. Tyrion tells her that she killed thousands of innocent people and he takes off the hands pin and throws it. Dany sends him to prison.

Jon goes to see her and she sitting on the Iron throne alone and John tells her that she needs to stop being a crazy bitch and that Grey Worm killed the Lannisters army from the previous scene. Dany tells Jon that she's doing it for the people. Jon pretends to understand and tricks her. When her guard is down he stabs her. Drogon comes and is standing over her body and he burns or melts the Iron throne and carries her away.

Grey Worm has Tyrion and Jon as his prisoners. The *council is (led by Sansa) tells Grey Worm to release Jon back to them but he refuses. That's when Tyrion says that the new King or Queen should decide what happens to Jon. Sam suggest for a democratic vote for the new king. Tyrion calls that idea stupid. The council votes and decide Bran Should be the King. Bran picks Tyrion as his hand.

Tyrion tells Jon that his punishment is going back to the wall and join the Knights Watch. Grey Worm accepts Jons punishment. He doesn't bend the knee leaves with his troops and Dothraki on ships to go free Slave cities. They show Tyrion leading the council. Jon says goodbye to Sansa and Arya. Arya tells them she isn't going back home. She's going to explore whatever is west of Westeros because that's where no one has been.

The final scene is a Closing montage. You see Arya on a ship, Sansa ruling Winterfell and Jon doesnt stay at the wall he reunites with Tormund and Ghost.

*Council Members: Samwell Tarly the Grand Maester, Davos Seaworth Master of ships, Bronn Master of Coin and High Garden, Brienne (not sure) Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Yara Greyjoy Lord of Iron Islands, Robin Arryn Lord of Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale, Gendry Baratheon Lord of Storm's End, Yohn Royce Lord of Runestone, Hound doesn't get mentioned., Podrick is wheeling around Bran and he protects him.

Ellaria Sand doesn't get mentioned (i asked because she's alive). Sam mentions that they seen Drogon in some location but aren't sure. Bran just says, "ill look for him" They don't have a Master of Laws and Whisperers. Tyrion is looking for the right people to fill those spots. They don't clarify what Bran did when he was in warg during The Long Night. Did i forget to mention the most important detail about this entire episode? our good boy gets a pat from Jon.

Source? I can't find it on FF.

...This seems like piggybacking off the legit leaks, which are nowhere near this detailed and much more fragmented. Sam as Grand Maester also sounds fake. (Sam seemed extremely done with the maesters.)

This also sounds like someone unfamiliar with the Dragonpit scene, since Kit was only there for the last little bit of filming and not the whole time.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Source? I can't find it on FF.

...This seems like piggybacking off the legit leaks, which are nowhere near this detailed. Sam as Grand Maester also sounds fake. (Sam seemed extremely done with the maesters.)

It's in the stickied post, that get updated when the mod feels a leak is legit. just check top posts.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Love how Tyrion comes out smelling like a goddamn rose in all of this. The Teflon Dwarf. Then he turns around and sends Jon back to the "Night's Watch."

Good grief.

He sends Jon to the wall to avoid a war with the unsullied/dothraki and he just snitched out  and had his best friend who was actually right, executed.  Nobody really comes out looking good in those spoilers.

That being said, spoilers still make no sense. Nobody's watching winterfell,  which I guess can be ignored for the moment, why would anybody elect Bran and lastly, did sansa release Brienne from her vows seems like a strange thing for her to do.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

It's in the stickied post, that get updated when the mod feels a leak is legit. just check top posts.

I see it now, thanks.

The whole bit with the council makes no sense whatsoever. 

St. Elsewhere-esque ending...

Bran wakes up at home, Winterfell, after his push from Jaime, revealing the entire show has been either A) his dream or B) some sort of precog from his 3ER ability.

That would really piss people off.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
Just now, Destiny74 said:

St. Elsewhere-esque ending...

Bran wakes up at home, Winterfell, after his push from Jaime, revealing the entire show has been either A) his dream or B) some sort of precog from his 3ER ability.

That would really piss people off.

Honestly, it would, but at the same time makes more sense then the recent leak.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Stallion12 said:

The nostagia critics final words for jptlw come to mind, basicly the word dumb sang to the up theme.

I’ve read this a few times and have no idea what’s happening. 🙂

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, aprilbabe said:

More spoiler from freefolk, from a person who correctly spoiled ep 5. I hate it. And unless there some parts missing it doesn't look seem like an hour worth of an episode. So really Drogon really just flys away with Danys body and that's it. So stupid.

May 16th Updates

Jon, Davos and Tyrion are walking through the aftermath of Kings Landing. Tyrion walks through what's left of the castle and sees Jaime's hand so he starts to uncover the rubble and he confirms both Cersei and Jaime are dead. They find Grey Worm and his men they have Lannister Soldiers trapped and they're about to kill them. Jon trys to tells Grey Worm to stop. Grey Worm tells Jon that its the queens orders. Then they cut to Dany giving a speech pretty much saying how she freed the people from Kings Landing and the new goal is freeing the rest of the world. Dany turns to Tyrion and tells him he committed treason. Tyrion tells her that she killed thousands of innocent people and he takes off the hands pin and throws it. Dany sends him to prison.

Jon goes to see her and she sitting on the Iron throne alone and John tells her that she needs to stop being a crazy bitch and that Grey Worm killed the Lannisters army from the previous scene. Dany tells Jon that she's doing it for the people. Jon pretends to understand and tricks her. When her guard is down he stabs her. Drogon comes and is standing over her body and he burns or melts the Iron throne and carries her away.

Grey Worm has Tyrion and Jon as his prisoners. The *council is (led by Sansa) tells Grey Worm to release Jon back to them but he refuses. That's when Tyrion says that the new King or Queen should decide what happens to Jon. Sam suggest for a democratic vote for the new king. Tyrion calls that idea stupid. The council votes and decide Bran Should be the King. Bran picks Tyrion as his hand.

Tyrion tells Jon that his punishment is going back to the wall and join the Knights Watch. Grey Worm accepts Jons punishment. He doesn't bend the knee leaves with his troops and Dothraki on ships to go free Slave cities. They show Tyrion leading the council. Jon says goodbye to Sansa and Arya. Arya tells them she isn't going back home. She's going to explore whatever is west of Westeros because that's where no one has been.

The final scene is a Closing montage. You see Arya on a ship, Sansa ruling Winterfell and Jon doesnt stay at the wall he reunites with Tormund and Ghost.

*Council Members: Samwell Tarly the Grand Maester, Davos Seaworth Master of ships, Bronn Master of Coin and High Garden, Brienne (not sure) Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Yara Greyjoy Lord of Iron Islands, Robin Arryn Lord of Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale, Gendry Baratheon Lord of Storm's End, Yohn Royce Lord of Runestone, Hound doesn't get mentioned., Podrick is wheeling around Bran and he protects him.

Ellaria Sand doesn't get mentioned (i asked because she's alive). Sam mentions that they seen Drogon in some location but aren't sure. Bran just says, "ill look for him" They don't have a Master of Laws and Whisperers. Tyrion is looking for the right people to fill those spots. They don't clarify what Bran did when he was in warg during The Long Night. Did i forget to mention the most important detail about this entire episode? our good boy gets a pat from Jon.

Please tell me this is fan faction. Please. Just lie to me. I beg you. 

For starters, why the hell is there still a Night's Watch? There's no more Night King and even if they wanted to be cautious, there's a big ass gaping hole in the Wall that will take decades to repair.

Second, why on Earth would there be any debate over Jon's fate? Nobody aside from Greyworm gives a shit that Dany's dead.

Third, democratic elections? Really? In a medieval setting? How meta of them.

Fourth, Bran as King is garbage. If the endgame wasn't Jon or Dany, it should've been Gendry, with Bran and his "visions" on the advisory team. 

Fifth, I can't believe anyone would want Tyrion on the council given how badly he botched everything over the past two seasons.

Sixth, I am now really depressed over how this is going to end.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

For starters, why the hell is there still a Night's Watch? There's no more Night King and even if they wanted to be cautious, there's a big ass gaping hole in the Wall that will take decades to repair.

Second, why on Earth would there be any debate over Jon's fate? Nobody aside from Greyworm gives a shit that Dany's dead.

Fourth, Bran as King is garbage. If the endgame wasn't Jon or Dany, it should've been Gendry, with Bran and his "visions" on the advisory team. 

Fifth, I can't believe anyone would want Tyrion on the council given how badly he botched everything over the past two seasons.

It sounds like the Night's Watch thing is a ruse that Tyrion tells Grey Worm to spare Jon from Unsullied and Dothraki revenge. 

That being said, if this is the finale it truly sucks. Worse than the finale of LOST. Gawd. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

Then they cut to Dany giving a speech pretty much saying how she freed the people from Kings Landing and the new goal is freeing the rest of the world.

Yeah, and if they don't want to be "free" she is just going to burn then all and them really "free" them, right? This is stupid, but makes sense due to last episode.

56 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

The *council is (led by Sansa)

What is Sansa from all people doing in King's Landing?  She never trusted Dany, and by now she has to know that Dany killed all that people. Sansa was never as smart as they wanted us to believe, but she was never that stupid, certainly not in the last two seasons, at least. This is stupid.

58 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

The council votes and decide Bran Should be the King.

I'm never, NEVER going to accept that. Bran is not Bran, he is the 3ER and he doesn't care about any that. He said so. People know that. Why they would chose Bran? And if Bran is king, as in a real king, are they expecting a dinasty? Or when Bran dies they will chose a new one? This is stupid.

Tyrion tells Jon that his punishment is going back to the wall and join the Knights Watch.

Is this to please Grey Worm, so he leaves King's Landing with this men? Because it makes zero Kelvin sense for Jon to be punished or for Tyrion even consider a punishment (or Bran for the matter). Is it a farse? This is stupid.

Jon doesnt stay at the wall

There is no wall anymore, for fuck's sake. This is stupid.

Yohn Royce Lord of Runestone,

Royce? ROYCE??? This is stupid.

Ellaria Sand doesn't get mentioned (i asked because she's alive)

How it is even possible for Ellaria to be alive? Didn't Cersei said she was going to die watching Tyene's body rot? Didn't it happen at least a few months ago in GoT time? This is stupid.

our good boy gets a pat from Jon.

A pat? D&D reaaaally hate the direwolves. dont't they? These fuckers.

Happy to see Yara and Brienne at the council. This is not stupid. Everything else is stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Is this to please Grey Worm, so he leaves King's Landing with this men? Because it makes zero Kelvin sense for Jon to be punished or for Tyrion even consider a punishment (or Bran for the matter). Is it a farse? This is stupid.

According to a Q&A with the leaker, it is designed to be a compromise that pleases no one:

When Bran names Tyrion as his hand Grey Worm gets upset and says he must pay his crimes. He will by trying to make the world a better place for the rest of his life. Then Tyrion is the one telling Jon he is going back to the Nights Watch. He said Greyworm wanted him dead and [Sansa] wanted him back home so nobody is getting what they want it's a fair compromise.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If the Dothraki still believe Dany's a goddess, there might be issues of reprisals after Dany's death along with Grey Worm's command of what's left of the Unsullied. The Vale force teleporting south at Sansa's request might even the odds in favor of Jon. (Again).

Yeah, it all still sounds shitty.

Edited by screamin
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

How it is even possible for Ellaria to be alive? Didn't Cersei said she was going to die watching Tyene's body rot? Didn't it happen at least a few months ago in GoT time? This is stupid.

Cersei was force feeding Ellaria to make sure that she lived with her daughters corpse

Jesus, I hope that poor nun was put out of her misery .

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

It sounds like the Night's Watch thing is a ruse that Tyrion tells Grey Worm to spare Jon from Unsullied and Dothraki revenge. 

This. It's old Sneaky Clever Tyrion returning once more.

The part about Drogon destroying the Iron Throne and making off with Dany will be both terrifying and heart breaking.

Just now, Eyes High said:

When Bran names Tyrion as his hand Grey Worm gets upset and says he must pay his crimes. He will by trying to make the world a better place for the rest of his life. Then Tyrion is the one telling Jon he is going back to the Nights Watch. He said Greyworm wanted him dead and [Sansa] wanted him back home so nobody is getting what they want it's a fair compromise

I'm sorry, but this is stupid beyond words. What is Grey Worm going to do? Kill everybody and then rule King's Landing? Why Bran, who is king now, thus, I assume, has to concede anything to Grey Worm? Danny is dead. The queen is dead, long life to the king. A ruler is gone, the new ruler rules.

And just to be clear, I'm no saying this because it is Jon - who by the way happens to be the heir of the throne - but because it makes zero zero zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Cersei was force feeding Ellaria to make sure that she lived with her daughters corpse

I really didn't remenber that.

2 minutes ago, MrsR said:

The part about Drogon destroying the Iron Throne and making off with Dany will be both terrifying and heart breaking.

I predict a ton of fics where Dany is reborn by Drogon's fire, etc, etc.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why would Dothraki care about the NW? Their custom dictates they avenge their Khal. Dany is their Khal. She chose them all as her blood riders. They have to kill Jon to avenge her. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Whatever. If this is true it’s just more bad writing and lack of continuity . And I am sorry, but Drogon doesn’t give a shit about Jon’s Targaryen genes. He is Danys son completely. There is no way he doesn’t rain hellfire in grief and would straight up eat Jon. More stupid writing. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, screamin said:

If the Dothraki still believe Dany's a goddess, there might be issues of reprisals after Dany's death along with Grey Worm's command of what's left of the Unsullied. The Vale force teleporting south at Sansa's request might even the odds in favor of Jon. (Again).

Yeah, it all still sounds shitty.

There shouldn't even be any Dothraki left after episode 3 but whatever, they're on infinite respawn I guess.  I suppose they can reload the episode from a previous save and stop Dany from dying if they're that upset about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Love how Tyrion comes out smelling like a goddamn rose in all of this. The Teflon Dwarf. Then he turns around and sends Jon back to the "Night's Watch."

Good grief.

Don't forget Sansa. Constantly keeps betraying her brother and faces no consequences for her actions. 

7 hours ago, onyxrose81 said:

I don't care how many times people try to convince me otherwise, how Sansa acted was stupid.  She was outright hostile when the North needed her help. 

Sansa is also secretly an expert molecular biologist. She stole some of Dany's cells from her Starbuck's coffee cup and did some research and discovered that the gene for Targaryen madness was going to be activated very soon. Hence her constant hostility.

I agree with Arya right now. Sansa is like the smartest person in Westeros. Right at the start of season 7 she told Jon that the existential zombie threat was not going to be a big deal and that their final antagonist was going to be Cersei. Did Idiot Jon listen to this genius sister? No. As soon as Sansa saw Dany, she could immediately tell that Dany was going to go mad and raze KL to the ground.

I think the twist or the third 'holy shit' moment is that Sansa is the real 3ER who could see all the future season 8 plots and tried to warn everyone else. But no one listened. Sad.

Edited by anamika
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I’ve read this a few times and have no idea what’s happening. 🙂

The nostgia critics is a YouTube who reviews old movies.

He has an episode for the movie the lost world Jurassic park. At the end of it, he hmmm the theme to the movie with the word dumb. 

I was saying this leaked ending made me think of the video because it's so dumb.

27 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

That being said, if this is the finale it truly sucks. Worse than the finale of LOST. Gawd. 

Yup, Martin's fear of the pitchforks could happen.

• LOL 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, GraceK said:

heir custom dictates they avenge their Khal.

You mean the same costumes that dictated that the  widow of a Khal should live until the end of her life at Vaes Dothrak with the dosh khaleen? Sure.

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

D&D reaaaally hate the direwolves. dont't they? These fuckers.

Okay, let's review the various issues with direwolves.

1) Wolves are extinct in Ireland and because of health and safety laws, real wolves cannot be brought into Ireland. So the wolves are shot in Calgary.

2) They size up the wolves 50%. Anything beyond that and the uncanny valley syndrome kicks in. So the fur cgi is unconvincing.

3) The actors union SAG has restrictions on actors performing with wild animals. Not to mention the insurance issues.

In the prequel, a special hybrid breed of dogs has been arranged to play the direwolves thus solving these problems. You will get your direwolves.

Edited by MrsR
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Dobian said:

There shouldn't even be any Dothraki left after episode 3 but whatever, they're on infinite respawn I guess.  I suppose they can reload the episode from a previous save and stop Dany from dying if they're that upset about it.

I think this annoys me most of all. Based on all those lighted swords being extinguished, to say 10% of the Dothraki survived is extremely generous. Only a handful of Unsullied made it through the Winterfell gates before Greyworm set the fire trap, but now they've multiplied like bacteria. This is one suspension of disbelief I just can't abide.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, anamika said:

Don't forget Sansa. Constantly keeps betraying her brother and faces no consequences for her actions. 

Sansa loses Jon forever as a result of a series of events set off by her own decision to break her oath: Tyrion orders him to the NW, and in the end he leaves north of the Wall, presumably never to return. She also ends up with her brother in the south as king and her sister leaving Westeros forever, again as an indirect result of her actions. I'd say that's a consequence. 

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

You mean the same costumes that dictated that a widows should live until the end of their lives at Vaes Dothrak with the dosh khaleen? Sure.

That’s not valid. Daenarys literally walked into a fire and birthed DRAGONS. The Dothraki that witnessed that certainly weren't going to force her to go to the Dosh Khaleen. They worshipped her instead. The Dothraki who captured her in season 6 DID IN FACT try to force her to stay there though. Did you forget that? She burned them  all. Then she rode Drogon and got them all to follow her. I mean seriously, what is with these straw man arguments?? That’s when she named them her blood riders and they have been loyal ever since. She proved her strength to them and they have followed her as a Khal. They aren’t going to suddenly listen to the little dwarf man and let her murderer go free. Unless , of course, dumb and dumber require it because why not??? Screw continuity.

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 11
(edited)

May 16th Updates

This is ... so bad. Like, even worse than it initially sounded.

If this is true, Jon’s identity doesn’t matter even one tiny bit. He’s the true heir to the throne and it doesn’t even factor into the plot. Not one single thing about his story line this season would be changed by him just being the beloved King in the North who the people preferred instead. So glad fans spent 20 years waiting and the show devoted multiple episodes for the reveal of this utterly meaningless secret!

Edited by stagmania
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I think this annoys me most of all. Based on all those lighted swords being extinguished, to say 10% of the Dothraki survived is extremely generous. Only a handful of Unsullied made it through the Winterfell gates before Greyworm set the fire trap, but now they've multiplied like bacteria. This is one suspension of belief I just can't abide.

The Dothraki commander in the debriefing after the battle said half his men had died. Maybe the other half dropped their swords in the snow, grabbed the reins with both hands and galloped back in a panic.

Yeah, still makes no sense.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So basically Arya does nothing in this episode except stare angrily?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Brn2bwild said:

So basically Arya does nothing in this episode except stare angrily?

Apparently Aryas entire revenge plot was all about getting training to kill the night king, nothing else.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GraceK said:

That’s not valid. Daenarys literally walked into a fire and birthed DRAGONS. The Dothraki that witnessed that certainly weren't going to force her to go to the Dosh Khaleen. They worshipped her instead. The Dothraki who captured her in season 6 DID IN FACT try to force her to stay there though. Did you forget that? She burned them  all. Then she rode Drogon and got them all to follow her. I mean seriously, what is with these straw man arguments?? That’s when she named them her blood riders and they have been loyal ever since. She proved her strength to them and they have followed her as a Khal. They aren’t going to suddenly listen to the little dwarf man and let her murderer go free. Unless , of course, dumb and dumber require it because why not??? Screw continuity.

I didn't forget any of that. My point is that if their costumes were so set on stone, it shouldn't have matter if she walked into a fire and birthed dragons. So why should I think they will be focused to avenger their Khaleesi? I'm not saying they shouldn't, just saying I don't think that if they don't it is not absurd.

Now what I want to know is: will the Dothraki join the Unsullied and sail to free people or they will just go back to their way of live? Or they changed and won't pilage and rape anymore?

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I guess it fits with the last episode where she did nothing but run around aimlessly.

It went too long, but I liked it. It was a perfect third person view to the horros of war.

All those spoilers don't fill 80 minutes. I'm expecting Arya to have at least one talk scene with Sansa and Gendry. Maybe Brienne, too.

Was it Peter Dinklage who spoild Bran as king?

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Sansa loses Jon forever as a result of a series of events set off by her own decision to break her oath: Tyrion orders him to the NW, and in the end he leaves north of the Wall, presumably never to return. She also ends up with her brother in the south as king and her sister leaving Westeros forever, again as an indirect result of her actions. I'd say that's a consequence.  

Like come on. Sansa's plot for three seasons now has been about her wanting to rule the North  instead of Jon and that can only happen if he's gone. Tyrion even tells this to her. She plotted to destroy Jon's life after knowing that Jon loves Dany and that he does not want the Iron Throne. Why in the world would she be sad about Jon going away?

Or Bran and Arya for that matter? Her brother is King of Westeros, giving her more power - which is all she is interested in as per the show.

This is what she has been working towards and she got it. Tyrion and Sansa have sweet endings. So do Jaime and Cersei - finally finding peace with each other at the very end. Arya also gets a good one - no more killing and revenge and she is going off on adventures.

The only character who does not get a happy ending is the visionary who wanted to save slaves and change the world and ended up going mad because of some bells and has to be put down by her lover.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 12
(edited)
20 hours ago, GraceK said:

Honestly? The only realistic outcome is for Daenaerys to actually remain Queen, and to continue her reign through terror. Or not terror per sei, but having conquered, realize that it’s ashes in her mouth and literally as well, and that she will have to always govern by fear. She may be a benevolent Queen afterwards, but she seized by conquest and devastation and that’s her legacy. Because seriously, she is unbeatable. She made a very powerful statement. Do not fuck with me. She’s fireproof. Drogon in this episode did what three dragons couldn’t do. And he’s still technically a teenage dragon. She has unsullied, Dothraki. Realistically, she is Aegon the Conqueror reborn . No one should fuck with her after this . 

But, being David and Dan  who don’t care about these things, somehow Jon is gonna be able  to kill her and her armies are gonna disperse peacefully I guess, and Arya will be a dragon slayer? I mean, how are they gonna resolve this ? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Hi, lurker coming out of hiding to add this:

The show has clearly established that Westeros is broker than shit because Cersei ransomed pretty much the entire treasury to arm KL, it also clearly established that all their food stores got destroyed in the train battle, their main city just got Dresden-ized, their countryside has been ravaged by warfare, and I really can't imagine many farmers were able to plant or grow crops in all the civil war shit going down...  How the hell are they going to ass-pull a happy ending out of that?!

Edited by yowsah1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

I'm sorry, but this is stupid beyond words. What is Grey Worm going to do? Kill everybody and then rule King's Landing? Why Bran, who is king now, thus, I assume, has to concede anything to Grey Worm? Danny is dead. The queen is dead, long life to the king. A ruler is gone, the new ruler rules.

Grey Worm commands the Dothraki and Unsullied, he could absolutely make quite a lot of trouble if he's too angry.

If anything, the dumbest part of these leaks is that Grey Worm doesn't kill Jon immediately for committing regicide and for some reason decides to consult a bunch of people he knows Dany hated.

• Love 13

If Sansa really cared about what happens to Jon, I don’t think she would have betrayed his trust immediately and sent him South with no warning that she’d essentially put a coup in motion. She could have gotten him killed (would have if Dany reacted logically and eliminated Jon and Tyrion after burning the city).

I’m by no means a Sansa hater, but I don’t see how you can look at her actions this season and think a primary concern for her was her family. She was looking out for her own security and her desire to rule in the north above all else. Perfectly fine and understandable motives in the context of this universe, but let’s not pretend she wasn’t willing to let Jon be collateral damage in her machinations. 

• Love 14
(edited)

So much shit had to happen to reach this point:

1. Not a single Northerner could be bothered to talk to sweet, engaging Missandei.  Not even Davos, who knew her already from Dragonstone, apparently.  Not even Sansa while they were stuck in the crypts.  Not even Arya, who seems drawn to outcasts.  Had anyone actually struck up a conversation with this woman, they probably would understand Dany a lot better and not be so resentful toward her.

2. Not a single Northerner, for one moment, could manage to be whole-heartedly appreciative toward Dany.  "We understand now why Jon bent the knee to you.  You're awesome!"

3. None of the Starks could bother to be gracious to Dany for a single moment.  

ETA: Yara Greyjoy, who had nothing in common with Dany and didn't flatter her in the least, managed to find common ground.  It's not that hard, Starks!

4. Jon had to be incapable of having a remotely complex conversation with Dany, even to explain why he was squicked out by kissing her.  And Dany had to be incapable of understanding why he would be squicked.

5. Dany had to lose her memory and forget that the Yunkai slaves only overthrew their masters and welcomed her after her people infiltrated the city and convinced them.  Did she ever consider sending reconnaissance to King's Landing?

6. Jon couldn't be bothered to explain to Dany that he's never been to King's Landing except when she's been, so no one there knows or cares about him.

7. No one bothers to stop and think how offensive it is that Raegar annulled his marriage to his wife and delegitimized his children in favor of Lyanna.  I'm sure the Dornish would have a lot to say about that!

The list goes on, but so much nuance has been lost the past two seasons.  They had the chance for a unique ending, but instead they just exchanged one set of tropes for another.

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

According to a Q&A with the leaker, it is designed to be a compromise that pleases no one:

Why wound Tyrion of all people get to mete out justice? Why would GreyWorm lock up Jon and not kill him on the spot? Since when do the Dothraki follow GreyWorm? Does he speak Dothraki? Do they speak Valyrian? Also, Sansa wouldn’t be represented Winterfell - it would be Jon. Gah. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

So much shit had to happen to reach this point:

1. Not a single Northerner could be bothered to talk to sweet, engaging Missandei.  Not even Davos, who knew her already from Dragonstone, apparently.  Not even Sansa while they were stuck in the crypts.  Not even Arya, who seems drawn to outcasts.  Had anyone actually struck up a conversation with this woman, they probably would understand Dany a lot better and not be so resentful toward her.

2. Not a single Northerner, for one moment, could manage to be whole-heartedly appreciative toward Dany.  "We understand now why Jon bent the knee to you.  You're awesome!"

3. None of the Starks could bother to be gracious to Dany for a single moment.  

4. Jon had to be incapable of having a remotely complex conversation with Dany, even to explain why he was squicked out by kissing her.  And Dany had to be incapable of understanding why he would be squicked.

5. Dany had to lose her memory and forget that the Yunkai slaves only overthrew their masters and welcomed her after her people infiltrated the city and convinced them.  Did she ever consider sending reconnaissance to King's Landing?

6. Jon couldn't be bothered to explain to Dany that he's never been to King's Landing except when she's been, so no one there knows or cares about him.

7. No one bothers to stop and think how offensive it is that Raegar annulled his marriage to his wife and delegitimized his children in favor of Lyanna.  I'm sure the Dornish would have a lot to say about that!

The list goes on, but so much nuance has been lost the past two seasons.  They had the chance for a unique ending, but instead they just exchanged one set of tropes for another.

Seriously. And no one else bothers to mention that up until this episode, Daenerys has done nothing WRONG. She has done everything right. She has listened to her advisers, she has tried to make peace with Sansa, she has honored her deal with the North, she has sat back and given credit to Arya and legitimized a Baratheon for gods sake, and during it all her advisors have conspired behind her back, tried to poison her, set her enemies free, conspired to let her enemy escape, talked about overthrowing her, questioned her sanity, oh and prior have pretty much been the cause of the worst military plans EVER. And she’s the mad one???????? Seriously??? It’s the worst writing EVER. And this past episode apparently vindicates all of it because she commits genocide at the drop of a hat, so we are suddenly supposed to forget everything else. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

. Not a single Northerner could be bothered to talk to sweet, engaging Missandei.  Not even Davos, who knew her already from Dragonstone, apparently. 

To be fair Davos had very little screen time this season. Another stupid thing this show did: they wasted Lian Cunningham.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, onyxrose81 said:

Thank you, next. 

Trash.  It’s all trash.  I’m just looking forward to the draggings.  

This drags pretty major stuff, and frankly, although his voice is a bit annoying?  I don't disagree with much of what he says. 

(edited)

LOL. At this point HBO should just end everyone’s misery and go ahead start streaming the finale. I’ve never seen a show fall apart this spectacularly. I just don’t get it. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

Also, Sansa wouldn’t be represented Winterfell - it would be Jon. Gah. 

On that point, Jon's under arrest.

11 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Seriously. And no one else bothers to mention that up until this episode, Daenerys has done nothing WRONG. She has done everything right. She has listened to her advisers, she has tried to make peace with Sansa, she has honored her deal with the North, she has sat back and given credit to Arya and legitimized a Baratheon for gods sake, and during it all her advisors have conspired behind her back, tried to poison her, set her enemies free, conspired to let her enemy escape, talked about overthrowing her, questioned her sanity, oh and prior have pretty much been the cause of the worst military plans EVER. And she’s the mad one???????? Seriously??? It’s the worst writing EVER. And this past episode apparently vindicates all of it because she commits genocide at the drop of a hat, so we are suddenly supposed to forget everything else. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Looked at through this lens, this is basically the story of a bunch of men gaslighting a powerful woman until she snaps. 

• Love 12