Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, anamika said:

I think Sansa was asking everyone to come to Winterfell with all the grain and defend Winterfell. That's what I am getting from all the interviews and episode one leaks. Umber decides it's safer to hunker down at Last Hearth rather than face the lady who wanted to strip him of his lands.

Well I don't base it on interviews, I base it on 7-3 : Meester Wolcum is asked about the worst winters in I think 100 years; Sansa said Winterfell would be the safer place for the refugees and retreating soldiers and they must prepare for that eventuality. Sansa didn't ask for all the grain, but enough so that each castle can support it's self and the army.

Of course they won't have enough for the refugees, or the army Jon and Danny are bringing.

We got a glimpse of it later when Sansa mention's they're not contributing enough I don't know if that's everyone or one house.

Jon's back in 8-1, I think it will be more that Jon bent the knee, and Umbers make a wrong decision.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, bubble sparkly said:

Apart from Lady of Winterfell, the only other real option I see for Sansa is the Vale. This is more because of book!Sansa though, as she is still kicking it in the Vale.

If Sansa was to end up at the Vale on the show, I assume she would have to marry Robin. We do know he is supposed to be back in 8x06 so it’s not out of the question. However show!Sansa doesn’t seem too keen to marry and the last time we saw Robin he was still an incompetent buffoon. Unless Robin has had an offscreen maturation that would endear him to Sansa, it seems like the only reason she would marry him is for a political alliance. Given Sansa’s past marriages I’m not sure she would be keen on another political marriage, but who knows?

Before all the talk of Tyrion's death, I thought Sansa and Tyrion may end with making a go of a real marriage.  Peter Dinklage recently talked about the mutual caring between Tyrion and Sansa, and while I always found him respectful and concerned for her, and her tolerant and considerate of him, I never sensed true caring.  So this may have misled me.

9 hours ago, anamika said:

I think the show is simplifying the strategy for the North battle to just the Winterfell battle. And hence everyone should assemble there.

In the books, I would assume the leaders of each house and stronghold in the North would want to defend their homes and all the people living there - rather than defending Winterfell for the Starks. I am not sure how Winterfell would be able to accommodate ALL the people of the North inside their castle. Makes no sense. But that's probably the show simplifying stuff by having a one battle episode to deal with the North falling - GRRM will probably need an entire book for this.

Using Winterfell as a defensive stand is a terrible military strategy much like all of the other strategies that have cost Dany her allies since she arrived in Westeros. Armies with a 100,000 soldiers and thousands of people sprawled out around a keep in the cold without any shelter or protection. They would all be better off moving south and making a stand at the Neck. In addition to the drama, I think that all this is being done to weaken Dany and Jon militarily so that they can extend the the battle to Cersei at KL.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, anamika said:

image.thumb.png.fde5e70399962a58da7f768a3c93f48f.png

So looking at the map, looks like it's just Last Hearth and maybe Karhold and the Dreadfort in the way before the AOTD gets to Winterfelll. I guess it then makes sense to make their last stand at Winterfell - the AOTD would have to cross Winterfell to get to the rest.

The civilians being send south makes sense. But considering the current leaders of the North are being isolationist and want Nexit and a separation from the rest of Westeros, I am not sure how open they would be to this strategy. Looks like there will an 'Exodus' to the south in episode 4 anyways.

That map just confirms what I have be saying. Dany should move south to the Neck with her armies and dragons. It is narrow and easier to defend. Also, Greywater Watch is full of swamps which should make it difficult for the AOTD.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SeanC said:

You can debate how seriously Arya's "kill 'em for speaking against Jon" suggestion in 705 is meant to be taken (or what her real solution would have been, if it was just a bluff), but as far as defeated enemies go, she's not known for going easy.

Arya only laughs about killing people, with people who don't believe she's serious about killing people :)) ICAM, for better or for worse, she's ruthless with her enemies.

I don't know if the titles given are true or not, they seem believable enough. Yet, on the official site of the channel that airs GoT in France, OCS City, they're still titled "episode 1" and "episode 2"; whereas as you can see on the grid below episode 1, the "Barry" episode has a title.

https://www.ocs.fr/grille-tv

I didn't find episode titles either (but they don't have them anyway) on the TV listings of the French TV Guide equivalents.

The off-season is officially over, and no matter how opiniated the debates could get, it was great to spend that long night here. I wish you all good fortune in the endgame to come, and may we all enjoy this last season😊

• Love 9
11 hours ago, GraceK said:

I cannot wait for this season to start and be over at this point because this toxic anti Dany propaganda is like a disease.  

Anti-Dany propaganda? She's not a real person, this is a TV show and it's perfectly fair for people to disagree with her actions or even to hate her. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Using Winterfell as a defensive stand is a terrible military strategy much like all of the other strategies that have cost Dany her allies since she arrived in Westeros. Armies with a 100,000 soldiers and thousands of people sprawled out around a keep in the cold without any shelter or protection. They would all be better off moving south and making a stand at the Neck. In addition to the drama, I think that all this is being done to weaken Dany and Jon militarily so that they can extend the the battle to Cersei at KL.

Hey, this is a show where the combatants are too stupid to grasp that a giant ought to have a 15-20 foot weapon, fashioned from a tree trunk, to swat shield and pike men flying, like pins in a bowling alley. Where a harbor city builds a giant freakin' pyramid, but doesn't develop any weapons to use from that superior height against an attacking fleet. Where military leaders never have the thought of "Hey, let's use our unrivaled aerial observation abilities to recon our enemies' armies and navies!".

I've watched this show from the beginning, lo these many years, so obviously I find a lot to enjoy, but the military aspect of it has always been real eye-rolling nonsense.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

That map just confirms what I have be saying. Dany should move south to the Neck with her armies and dragons. It is narrow and easier to defend. Also, Greywater Watch is full of swamps which should make it difficult for the AOTD.

This would be a devastating strategy for all the civilians of the North, most of whom would have to make the trek on foot to the Neck and live there as homeless refugees for as long as it takes the NK to get there - all in a deadly Northern winter.

Sitting and waiting at WF for the NK to get there isn't a great strategy either; as you note, a significant number of the army won't fit within the walls, and many of the refugees fleeing south from the NK are likely to get caught up by the undead army - as zombies impervious to the cold and fatigue can march 24-7 and overtake mere humans. These would swell the undead army's ranks and make the odds against WF worse. Not to mention if Jon and Dany take a defensive position at WF, the NK can besiege them there AND send a portion of his army south to get more fresh recruits, until the odds against WF are overwhelming.

Besides, I don't think it would be like Jon (and Dany) to just give the remnants of the Night Watch and every refugee too far north to flee in time up for lost and wait idly at WF. 

I think there are both strategic and sentimental reasons for Jon and Dany to go north with the bulk of their army to meet the NK. The sooner they confront him, the fewer victims he has time to recruit. Also, confronting him now will mean the Dothraki and the Unsullied will still be fresh and at their full strength instead of being decimated by the unaccustomed cold. And, Jon and Dany would simply want to save his NW friends and the fleeing refugees who are simply too close to the NK to have a chance of successfully escaping him.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I've watched this show from the beginning, lo these many years, so obviously I find a lot to enjoy, but the military aspect of it has always been real eye-rolling nonsense.

Sure, but some of that is the usual Hollywood stuff.  Wear a helmet?  Nonsense, it's important for everyone to see my handsome, determined face.  Carry a shield?  Who am I, Captain America?

Even the White Walkers fall victim to this. If they had just handed the NK his second ice spear while everyone was watching Viserion crash to the ground instead of sloooooowly doing it after that he easily could have nailed Drogon and finished off Dany, Jon, and the rest.  That's game over for Westeros. 

39 minutes ago, screamin said:

Also, confronting him now will mean the Dothraki and the Unsullied will still be fresh and at their full strength instead of being decimated by the unaccustomed cold.

I think the Dothraki will just make things worse.  They don't wear armor and they like to go charging in.  That's not going to be effective against a massive army that has no fear, swarms their opponents, and can still function even after having a limb chopped off.  They could give all of them dragonglass weapons but they's still be screwed once they penetrate the initial enemy line and are subsequently surrounded.  The ideal is to have a whole lot of archers with dragonglass arrowheads.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Sure, but some of that is the usual Hollywood stuff.  Wear a helmet?  Nonsense, it's important for everyone to see my handsome, determined face.  Carry a shield?  Who am I, Captain America?

Even the White Walkers fall victim to this. If they had just handed the NK his second ice spear while everyone was watching Viserion crash to the ground instead of sloooooowly doing it after that he easily could have nailed Drogon and finished off Dany, Jon, and the rest.  That's game over for Westeros. 

I think the Dothraki will just make things worse.  They don't wear armor and they like to go charging in.  That's not going to be effective against a massive army that has no fear, swarms their opponents, and can still function even after having a limb chopped off.  They could give all of them dragonglass weapons but they's still be screwed once they penetrate the initial enemy line and are subsequently surrounded.  The ideal is to have a whole lot of archers with dragonglass arrowheads.

If the Dothraki follow their customs of prancing barechested into battle, they'll freeze to death long before they glimpse their first wight. They'll have to make some adaptation to Northern combat conditions whether they like it or not. Not to mention they're no longer being led by a manly Drogo-type who's all "Antiseptic ointments for nipple amputations is for foreign sissies! I use mud and horse dung poultices and LIKE them!" They're being led by Dany and her dragons and they're overawed by them. If she tells them to wear Northerm armor and adopt Northern tactics, they'll do it as far as they're able (which I agree may not be very well).

• LOL 2
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I've wondered if Dany's death would mirror Rhaenys's - going down with her dragon. 

I'd wondered if the Night King and Danny's dragons might take each other out in mid air - as Danny plunges to her death, Jon swoops in on his dragon for the Superman save. That leaves Team Danny with only one dragon that will probably be taken out in the assault on King's Landing. However, with the only dragon, Jon/Danny now have air superiority and can now toast the ranks of the undead, winning the day.

Being an undead abomination, the Night King survives skydiving without a parachute, but is forced to retreat.

Too "Action Movie"?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, John Potts said:

I'd wondered if the Night King and Danny's dragons might take each other out in mid air - as Danny plunges to her death, Jon swoops in on his dragon for the Superman save. That leaves Team Danny with only one dragon that will probably be taken out in the assault on King's Landing. However, with the only dragon, Jon/Danny now have air superiority and can now toast the ranks of the undead, winning the day.

Being an undead abomination, the Night King survives skydiving without a parachute, but is forced to retreat.

Too "Action Movie"?

Majority of the audience - awesome!

One vocal minority - goddammit, you just had to have manly man Jon save Dany, didn't you?  You just couldn't have the female protagonist win the day without having a male bail her out, could you?  Why don't you just put a damned S on Jon's chest, give him a crown, and spare us this nonsense.

Of course if they flipped that around then you'd have a vocal minority bitching about turning Dany into a superhero - it's not enough she's the savior of the kingdom, she literally has to fly around like a comic book character too and catch falling people because the show is intent on portraying her as the most awesome person of all time.

Of course, when all is said and done having either Dany and/or Jon on the throne will be VERY traditional and safe.  Dany's been fighting for it since day one and she is one of the heroes, so having her achiever her goal after the expected number of setbacks isn't breaking the mold.  If Jon gets it, well, he's the hidden heir who came from a somewhat persecuted background, literally rose from the dead, and after helping to save the world he gets to rule too.   Nothing unusual about that.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Dany's been fighting for it since day one and she is one of the heroes, so having her achiever her goal after the expected number of setbacks isn't breaking the mold

I don’t know about that. Dany is actually a trope breaker . A woman, a warrior, ruthless, slightly bloodthirsty and still heroic. There’s a portion of the fan base that see her as villainous (🙄) . She is willing to give other islands their independence if they ask and fight for her, she has overthrown systems that have been in place for hundreds of years. If she ends up on the throne ( if there is one left) it may actually be quite the surprise, especially after we have led to care about this “ secret Targaryen super special hidden prince” for so long. It would be a subversion in my opinion if Dany is Azor Ahai and Jon Nissa Nissa and she Kills him to save the world. Most fans expect her to die, so for her to survive, and rule? That would shatter the internet.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I don’t know about that. Dany is actually a trope breaker . A woman, a warrior, ruthless, slightly bloodthirsty and still heroic. There’s a portion of the fan base that see her as villainous (🙄) . She is willing to give other islands their independence if they ask and fight for her, she has overthrown systems that have been in place for hundreds of years. If she ends up on the throne ( if there is one left) it may actually be quite the surprise, especially after we have led to care about this “ secret Targaryen super special hidden prince” for so long. It would be a subversion in my opinion if Dany is Azor Ahai and Jon Nissa Nissa and she Kills him to save the world. Most fans expect her to die, so for her to survive, and rule? That would shatter the internet.

Daenerys will become a White Walker, 100 percent.  Jon will kill her as a necessary sacrifice (betrayal LOVE) and they will rule together--Fire and Ice.  There will be peace and there will be Spring and the Seasons will go back to normal.  The bummer is you can't have peace with nuclear Dragons but we should all be well prepared for Dragon Grief. 

I really hope I'm wrong and YES it's just a guess based on what GOT fed me in Dany's vision in Season 2 ep. 10 at the House of the Undying.  

Edited by JayBird23
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Using Winterfell as a defensive stand is a terrible military strategy much like all of the other strategies that have cost Dany her allies since she arrived in Westeros. Armies with a 100,000 soldiers and thousands of people sprawled out around a keep in the cold without any shelter or protection. They would all be better off moving south and making a stand at the Neck. 

Winterfel is heated (in the books, anyway). Coupled with its twin ring walls, makes it an ideal place to fight an enemy that literally brings the cold.

8 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Anti-Dany propaganda? She's not a real person, this is a TV show and it's perfectly fair for people to disagree with her actions or even to hate her. 

Fair point.  And I’m allowed to think Sansa is a dumb bitch who hopefully dies this season. She won’t, because she’s a writers pet, but it’s perfectly  fair to disagree with her decisions and think she brings nothing of value to this show but conflict. 😊👍🏻

Edited by GraceK
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Fair point.  And I’m allowed to think Sansa is a dumb bitch who hopefully dies this season. She won’t, because she’s a writers pet, but it’s perfectly  fair to disagree with her decisions and think she brings nothing of value to this show but conflict. 😊👍🏻

According to the betting sites, Sansa has a better chance at the Iron Throne than Daenerys and Petyr Baelish isn't far behind Deanerys either...  

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/entertainment

I was listening to the Ringer's Spec podcast, and they raised an interesting point -- why is Winterfell called Winterfell? The other castles have specific names that describe them, but Winterfell is sort of oblique. 

Unless it's not. Maybe there's a real reason it will be the focal point -- something to do with the crypts and the ongoing heat, Maybe it's where the NK's master is buried, the place it fell in the last battle. 

39 minutes ago, JayBird23 said:

According to the betting sites, Sansa has a better chance at the Iron Throne than Daenerys and Petyr Baelish isn't far behind Deanerys either... 

I didn't know the betting sites were writing the show.🤣

Interesting news on Freefolk for the most impatient...🎉

Edit: OMG OMG OMG.

Edited by Happy Harpy
2 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I didn't know the betting sites were writing the show.🤣

Interesting news on Freefolk for the most impatient...🎉

The betting sites are a good indication of what the writers want us to believe.   Bran being the favorite makes sense and I'm 100 percent sure he won't win... 

Breaking News

beware of spoilers

Episode 1 has leaked via DirectTV. DirectTV uploaded it early.

i find this hilarious since DirectTV is owned by AT&T.  So basically, HBO’s sibling leaked the episode. 😂😂

• Love 1

Apparently Direct TV had it early , some people watched.

The part where Sansa ask Jon about bending the knee went like this :

Sansa to Jon: ‘Did you bend the knee to save the north, or because you love her?’ Then they are interrupted.

When asked if Sansa was pissed his reply was :

She was accusatory and frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

Breaking News

beware of spoilers

Episode 1 has leaked via DirectTV. DirectTV uploaded it early.

i find this hilarious since DirectTV is owned by AT&T.  So basically, HBO’s sibling leaked the episode. 😂😂

I saw that so while Roku is warming up, I checked out Kodi, one repo had links but none played.

1 minute ago, SeanC said:

As I've said in the past, there's no reason for Sansa to love Dany right out of the gate.  However, the way she's characterized here is nonsense and completely undercuts how smart and skilled a player the writers keep telling us she is.  While Jon kneeling when he didn't have to is (as I said) dumb, that's not public knowledge, and when Jon makes the fairly obvious pitch that they need Dany's armies to survive, the writers don't bother giving Sansa a rebuttal, probably because there isn't one, but they want to have conflict anyway.  Giving Dany the cold shoulder so publicly is pointless and only diminishes her own influence.

It must be even more frustrating for those who love her as she is characterized in the books. I'm sorry 😞

1 minute ago, Happy Harpy said:

It must be even more frustrating for those who love her as she is characterized in the books. I'm sorry 😞

It annoys me especially in this case because diplomatic niceties and courtesy is one of the main skills Sansa in the books is ascribed from the beginning, and one of the more obvious roles she's likely to have going forward.  If/when we ever read the book equivalent to this Grand Alliance, I would expect that Sansa would be one of the people trying to smooth over the many ruffled feathers, rather than one of the people needing to assuaged.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

It annoys me especially in this case because diplomatic niceties and courtesy is one of the main skills Sansa in the books is ascribed from the beginning, and one of the more obvious roles she's likely to have going forward.  If/when we ever read the book equivalent to this Grand Alliance, I would expect that Sansa would be one of the people trying to smooth over the many ruffled feathers, rather than one of the people needing to assuaged.

But then book Jon is incridibly clever, too, and look what we got, lol.

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

1000 year line delivered by Danny, did leak say Jon ?

Yes, I mentioned it above (thread's going fast!).

3 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Arya's not making the point to Danny, she's making the point to Jon.

Danny's going to have to earn it.

And again, I didn't see anyone complain about Arya's attitude to Daenerys. I'm personally frustrated because she's OOC re: Sansa  and Sansa vs Jon.

4 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Back when I was still a summer child -two years and so ago- I imagined that she and Tyrion would be the middle man and woman of the alliance, and become a big power couple after the war. I still believed it could happen until the betrayal leaks.

7 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

I think the dragons are weak due to the cold, BUT I wonder if they were stronger as a trio.

Oh, that's interesting. The dragon has three heads, after all.

• Love 3

Also, while this was already obvious from the spoilers about the pace of the season, the aftermath of the fall of the Wall is proceeding at quite a leisurely pace.  Lord Umber seems to have had time to travel to Winterfell and then go back to Last Hearth since they got word that the Wall fell, everybody's milling about like they've got all the time in the world, Jon's even talking about withdrawing the remaining Night's Watch from the Wall.  The Night King has a dragon and can travel anywhere at what episode 706 would have us believe is quite a small amount of time; his army, as we're constantly told, doesn't need to eat or sleep; what's the holdup?  This feels like it should be a "panzers through the Ardenne" situation, but it's more like "the enemy's out there...somewhere."

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

Also, we saw 80% of the episode and we still have no title. 😂

The episode titles are state secrets that HBO is taking them to the grave.

Edited by SimoneS
  • LOL 2

So from that promo, does it seem like Dany and Jon are heading out to meet the NK?

I wonder if Glover will flee to Winterfell or will be turned into a wight?  

Edited by SimoneS
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

So from that promo, does it seem like Dany and Jon are heading out to meet the NK?

I wonder if Glover will fleeing to Winterfell or will be turned into a wight?  

Since they didn't hire the actor, we might hear of his demise by raven.

8 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I wonder if Glover will fleeing to Winterfell or will be turned into a wight?  

So much for his words, but I'm sure it's from Jon bringing a foreign whore North, Hope we see a blue eye Glover, burn.

That ending with Ned Umber made both my wife and I jump.

I keyed in on him I didn't see the hands around him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nikma said:

That little moment between Bran and Tyrion is foreshadowing of Tyrion's death IMO.

I wasn't sure what I took from that exchange of looks. After all, all Bran does is stare at people. Hard to know what his looks mean.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Dany and Sansa bitching at each other while Jon and co. prepare for the AOTD.

I thought at least Dany and Sansa would unite in their hatred for the Lannisters. But no.

Sansa: you trusted Cersei!

Dany: you trusted her first!

All that's left is some hair pulling. 

I hope there's very little of these scenes and they just don't want to spoil us about the important stuff in this promo.

41 minutes ago, screamin said:

Jon was kind of an unintentional dick by saying to the council that he gave up his crown to save the North. It makes it sound like Danaerys demanded he abdicate as a condition for her help. It makes her look bad. I'm sure Jon didn't mean to do it, but he has an unfortunate facility for putting his foot in his mouth.

Jon cannot win here, no matter what he says. If he says he bend the knee without Dany asking for it - they are going to whinge about that as well - because they think Dany is a bad person and that Jon is a fool.

Look at the whinging they are already doing by Jon explaining that it was a negotiated deal - this should be understandable to them. But they are still whinging about it. How much worse would it be if Jon explained what really happened?

I mean, Catelyn had to offer two of her children in marriage to the Freys for just the use of a bridge. How could anyone expect Dany to commit all her resources for free? There's a price - basic common sense. But it looks like the entitled North wants Dany's help for free.

Either way Jon explained it, he was going to have problems.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I wasn't sure what I took that exchange of looks. After all, Bran does is stare at people. Hard to know what his looks mean.

Yeah I'm not quite sure on that yet, but if Ghost makes an appearance and growls again, I say the betrayal thing be true. 

• LOL 2

I am terrible at seeing stuff in these previews, but it doesn't look like Dany's armies are marching out, rather they are manning Winterfell's walls. What if the leak is wrong, it isn't the Golden Company coming to attack Winterfell, but rather the NK and his armies. He almost destroys Winterfell because the dragons are too ill to fight so Dany sends them south. However, Melisandre shows up with the other Red priests/priestesses and army and saves them from a complete defeat, giving everyone time to flee south.

Gendry made Ayra a bow to shoot dragon glass.

Is Sansa telling Dany or Jon that they shouldn't have trust Cersei? Let's be honest the wight hunt to earn Cersei's trust was one of the dumbest ideas ever. It was as if everyone in that room had lost several IQ points to facilitate this dumbass plan that cost Viserion his life.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Mod Note:

PLEASE DO NOT review episodes leaked early in this forum. Furthermore, episode comments belong in...the episode topic. Due to these issues multiple posts have been removed. This topic is for spoilers and speculation only.

2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am terrible at seeing stuff in these previews, but it doesn't look like Dany's armies are marching out, rather they are manning Winterfell's walls. What if the leak is wrong, it isn't the Golden Company coming to attack Winterfell, but rather the NK and his armies. He almost destroys Winterfell because the dragons are too ill to fight so Dany sends them south. However, Melisandre shows up with the other Red priests/priestesses and army and saves them from a complete defeat, giving everyone time to flee south.

Gendry made Ayra an arrow to shoot dragon glass.

Is Sansa telling Dany or Jon that they shouldn't have trust Cersei? Let's be honest the wight hunt to earn Cersei's trust was one of the dumbest ideas ever. It was as if everyone in that room had lost several IQ points to facilitate this dumbass plan that cost Viserion his life.

I don't think Danny totally trust Cersei and we know Sansa definitely doesn't, but next week it's going to crash on Tyrion maybe Jaime too. 

5 minutes ago, anamika said:

Dany and Sansa bitching at each other while Jon and co. prepare for the AOTD.

I thought at least Dany and Sansa would unite in their hatred for the Lannisters. But no.

Sansa: you trusted Cersei!

Dany: you trusted her first!

I think that might actually be a "common ground" scene, with those lines being the beginning of it.  But who knows, we have to get to the next internecine conflict over the succession.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, anamika said:

. But they are still whinging about it. How much worse would it be if Jon explained what really happened?

If he did, HE'D come off as a besotted fool, but at least he'd take the heat off Dany. Saying "She was willing to help the North as an ally without my bending the knee, but I was so moved by her goodness I decided she was our rightful queen" would make him look rash and infatuated, but it could only make Dany look better. It would certainly make her look better than Jon saying he HAD to give up his crown to her to save the North, which makes her (unfairly) seem greedy instead of generous.

I mentioned this in the episode thread also. Maybe we should take it there?

7 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I don't think Danny totally trust Cersei and we know Sansa definitely doesn't, but next week it's going to crash on Tyrion maybe Jaime too. 

Maybe Tyrion will resent and blame the Starks for Dany no longer trusting his advice and replacing him. Even as I write this, I find it hard to believe.  

The scene of Dany and Jon in the crypts suggests that he pushes her away and starts brooding. I wonder if he will tell her the truth. It doesn't feel like there will enough time for any family drama with Tormund arriving with news that the NK is on his way.

I feel like someone has to tell Dany the truth next ep so it can lead to the “rightful heir” drama. Unless they are going to push that back until say 8x04 when everyone is at Dragonstone and next ep Dany just thinks Jon is being influenced by the Northerners or something?

1 minute ago, bubble sparkly said:

I feel like someone has to tell Dany the truth next ep so it can lead to the “rightful heir” drama. Unless they are going to push that back until say 8x04 when everyone is at Dragonstone and next ep Dany just thinks Jon is being influenced by the Northerners or something?

Even if Dany finds out about Jon's claim to the Iron Throne next week, I think the "rightful heir" confrontation will be at Dragonstone in episode four. I just don't think that there will enough time in the next episode with Tormund bringing news that the NK is not far away. They will be preparing for the first battle which will occur in episode three. I just hope that Dany doesn't lose another dragon in that battle although I know it is likely she will lose one or both of the remaining two by the last episode.

• Love 1