Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, domina89 said:

You know, in my fantasy life, I really want a conversation between Jaime and Jon post the 'Jon's a Targ' revelation which includes Jaime's theme song of "we don't get to choose who we love."  It would mirror season one in that Jaime's conversation with Jon made him insecure about his choice to join the Night's Watch, whereas this conversation could possibly make Jon feel better about his choice to be with Dany despite the fact that they are related (if they choose to remain together, that is).  It would also be a nice payoff for Jaime's guilt at failing Rhaegar being reconciled in some way by helping Jon.  

I think that's an important callback. Protecting us from grumkins and snarks. They're about to be hit by an army of them.

I felt like the reason Bran wanted Sam to tell Jon right then about his parentage was because he wanted Jon to know before Jaime's arrival. 

I think Jaime will be important to Jon's endgame. But who knows. 

7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Well, on the one hand, assuming I'm right about the actors filming those segments in Seville, the fact that Peter Dinklage skipped the actor interviews in Seville suggests that his appearance was indeed an inherent spoiler consistent with Friki's trial: the longer hair, the ragged clothes, etc. On the other hand, if Friki's source was wrong about Joe not filming anything for 8x06 in Seville, that leaves open the possibility that they were wrong about other things as well.

Of course. And I hope you're right about the actors filming in Seville. Beyond pure facts or discrepancies I see, I wouldn't trust myself because obviously, I want Gendry to make it😅

Friki might be wrong about anything that isn't directly Tyrion's trial, indeed.

55 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Do we know that TV Jaime is an able commander?

You talk about war as if you’re an expert but the one battle I remember you fighting, you were captured by Robb Stark, the Young Wolf - Walder Frey to Jaime

Jaime did capture Riverrun, but not through any kind of military expertise

I love Cersei. You can laugh at that if you want. You can sneer. It doesn’t matter. She needs me. And to get back to her, I have to take Riverrun. I’ll send for your baby boy. And I’ll launch him into Riverrun with a catapult. Because you don’t matter to me, Lord Edmure. Your son doesn’t matter to me. The people in the castle don’t matter to me. Only Cersei. And if I have to slaughter every Tully who ever lived to get back to her, that’s what I’ll do - Jaime to Edmure during the Siege of Riverrun

So TV Jaime's military prowess is still an open question

He also played Tyrion and the Targaryens in S7 and took Highgarden. That's a castle taken per season, it's enough for the show. (I mean, who else can pretend to such a high fortress impregnating average? 😂).

Nikolaj mentioned many callbacks to S1, maybe there will be one to Jaime's conversation with Jon.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

So taking the 14 new episode photos, plus the Season 8 trailer, the stills from 8x02 previously released, and the 8x02 promo, here's what we have for known scenes, and roughly in the order I think it happens:

Dany comes to see Jon in the crypts (she's still wearing her white fur coat, so I'd say it's from early in the episode)

Group strategy session with Jon, Arya, Jorah, Varys, Dany, and possibly others at Winterfell (Dany's still wearing her white coat, so I'd say this is from early in the episode)

Sam confides in Gilly about the Jon situation at night

Jaime's "trial" from the 8x02 promo with Dany (wearing her grey outfit), Sansa, Tyrion, etc.

Dany stalks away angrily from Tyrion in the 8x02 promo while Jorah and Varys look uncomfortable (and Varys is wearing a different outfit from the group strategy session, so it's on a different day)

Sansa and Dany meet in the library (and with the concept art and additional stills, it now looks like the person Dany is smiling at from that previous still is in fact Sansa, so hopefully there's an end to Sansa vs. Dany forever)

Davos and Gilly outdoors at a group meal, probably with Little Sam

Tormund, Edd and Beric arrive at Winterfell and breaks the bad news

Grey Worm and Missandei have a conversation

Bran chills in the godwood, maybe to be joined by Theon (assuming Theon shows up in 8x02)

Tyrion looks up at someone from the Winterfell courtyard, looking upset (I think this is from later in the episode because the lighting looks like sunset)

As night falls, Sansa is outdoors at Winterfell with a bowl, looking at someone

Lyanna Mormont is outdoors at Winterfell at night in armour (with someone in matching armour behind her, so probably Mormont men), talking shit in all likelihood

Tyrion and Jaime have a conversation in front of the fire, both wearing armour (and Tyrion drinking), possibly with a third in the conversation since Jaime looks to his left in the still and Tyrion is on his right

Tyrion ends up on the battlements, looking out at the horizon

Jon, Sam and Edd have a conversation about how they're the only ones left, also looking at the horizon

Davos stalks the battlements with Sansa and Arya standing together elsewhere looking out at the horizon

The Unsullied get ready to march out, Grey Worm kisses Missandei goodbye

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

He also played Tyrion and the Targaryens in S7 and took Highgarden. That's a castle taken per season, it's enough for the show. (I mean, who else can pretend to such a high fortress impregnating average? 😂).

Nikolaj mentioned many callbacks to S1, maybe there will be one to Jaime's conversation with Jon.

I believe the capture of Highgarden was a Randyll Tarly production

I want you to be my ranking general in the wars to come - Jaime to Randyll in S7E2 ("Stormborn")

1 minute ago, Constantinople said:

I believe the capture of Highgarden was a Randyll Tarly production

I want you to be my ranking general in the wars to come - Jaime to Randyll in S7E2 ("Stormborn")

Nope, the attack on Highgarden was all Cersei and Jaime. Cersei wanted to steal the Tyrell gold to repay the Iron Bank. Cersei got Tarly on side using his ambition, but Jaime was right there with Tarly leading the Lannister bannerman. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Nope, the attack on Highgarden was all Cersei and Jaime. Cersei wanted to steal the Tyrell gold to repay the Iron Bank. Cersei got Tarly on side using his ambition, but Jaime was right there with Tarly leading the Lannister bannerman. 

In addition, Jaime clearly states that he learned from the war with Robb and used that strategy. Part of a good commander is learning from past mistakes and using great ideas from others. 

• Love 5

Considering the lines in the preview, I think it's possible the library scene might be a peace offering where Dany gives Sansa credit for being suspicious of Cersei after she's had a fight with Tyrion over his failure to do just that.

I'm glad we're getting some food scenes after the buildup, but that sweet Sam/Gilly still makes me even more worried that she'll be the civilian casualty of 8x03.

At first I thought Jon's parentage would be outed to the public quickly, but there's no sign of such scenes in the stills.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kanner said:

In addition, Jaime clearly states that he learned from the war with Robb and used that strategy. Part of a good commander is learning from past mistakes and using great ideas from others. 

None of which convinces me that Jaime can command anything. Other than for the drama purposes, he is fundamentally useless other than his potential to kill Cersei.

7 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Cersei ordered the attack on Highgarden, but I'd be shocked if she designed the battle plan.  Nor does Jaime's presence mean he designed it either.  Given Randyll Tarly's previous military experience, and knowledge of The Reach, it would be odd if Jaime drew up the plans and executed them.  He probably reviewed them, but that's about it.  Else why make Tarly his top general?

8 minutes ago, Kanner said:

Jaime learned to hire a better general than himself.

Does anyone know if the official soundtrack has been released?  I remember last season it was released a few days before the season premiere and the song titles were helpful to figuring out several events that season.  I haven't heard a word about it.

For plot reasons, I'm speculating that the Night King will leave Winterfell under siege but press on Southwards with most of his army. Team Starkgaryen have to attack the army of the dead to break the siege (if nothing else, because, as Sansa pointed out, they can't support the armies they have on the resources inside the castle - and taking massive casualties will ironically make that situation better!) so they can pursue the Night King. It also conveniently results in everyone turning up at Kings Landing for the final battle (lucky that...).

Splitting up in the face of a superior enemy is one of those things militaries are taught never to do. There are rare occasions where it scores a stunning victory, but usually it results in complete disaster. So if Team Starkgaryen successfully break out of Winterfell, they'd be best to head for Whiteharbour and sail straight to Kings Landing (it's doubtful there's anywhere else humanity could make a prolonged stand against the dead). And it conveniently cuts down on any additional locations to film in!

8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Belfast looks sunny and lovely in June, but not in April which would have been the last time Sophie and Joe were there (before the wrap party).

Belfast isn't Iceland - March was actually unseasonably warm (well, it was in London, but I think it was nationwide). That would be very late in the filming schedule, but it could have been where they wrapped filming.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, nikma said:

So Cersei will skip E2?

I wish. I am sure that D&D will find something for her to do. I would think that her miscarriage is due to occur soon or maybe it has already occurred and she talks to Qyburn about it. And then there is Harry Stickland and the Golden Company. Cersei must be plotting how to defend KL and build those weapons to take down the dragons if Jon/Dany or the AOTD head down south.

(edited)

I hope we get some sort of explanation for why Tyrion lost his edge. Either it's that he didn't lose his edge and he's been undermining Dany and playing dumb as part of a grand plan to save his family (and honestly I would prefer that to Tyrion just being dumbed down for no apparent reason), or he means well but is too conflicted about the Lannisters to see straight, but either way I hope it is clarified at some point.

Peter Dinklage did say that Tyrion would be facing some things about himself that he didn't want to face. Hopefully this is a reference to some specific dialogue or plot developments and not just subtext from acting choices we're expected to read into things (like Peter Dinklage's comments before S7 aired about Tyrion being smitten with Dany, which I guess you could read in as subtext but was certainly not at all obvious from the dialogue or plot).

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 9

I love Dany's new outfit!

3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I hope we get some sort of explanation for why Tyrion lost his edge. Either it's that he didn't lose his edge and he's been undermining Dany and playing dumb as part of a grand plan to save his family, or he means well but is too conflicted about the Lannisters to see straight, but I hope it is clarified at some point.

Peter Dinklage did say that Tyrion would be facing some things about himself that he didn't want to face. Hopefully this is a reference to some specific dialogue or plot developments and not just subtext from acting choices we're expected to read into things (like Peter Dinklage's comments before S7 aired about Tyrion being smitten with Dany, which I guess you could read in as subtext but was certainly not at all obvious from the dialogue or plot).

I am so dreading what might happen with both Dany and Tyrion in the final episodes. Death I can handle, but assasinating their characters? I can't take it. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Tyrion needs to eithet be traitor or to say that we was to weak to go against his family and to completely destroy Cersei in the second half of the season. To turn Lannister army against her and to lead to het downfall directly. To even take GC from her, like he did with that army (I forgot the name lol) at the end of ADWD. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I love Dany's new outfit!

I am so dreading what might happen with both Dany and Tyrion in the final episodes. Death I can handle, but assasinating their characters? I can't take it. 

At the rate they're going, killing off Tyrion might be a mercy. He's pretty much a shell of his former self at this point.

...And really, that would be fine, if they had dialogue dealing with that and exploring it. Theon's a shell of his former self, too, and the writers seem to recognize and acknowledge that. There's this cliche that characters who are traumatized turn into badasses, but trauma more realistically just fucks you up and breaks you down. It would be realistic for Tyrion to be a shell of his former self after everything he has gone through and to be incapable of doing the sorts of things he did before his family turned on him and he murdered his father and Shae, but the writers haven't really explored any of that. They've just decided he's an inept moron, just like they've decided that Sansa is an awesome genius. I hope there's more to it, but I'm not confident.

I'd like to think that at the end of S8, we can look back at these characters' arcs and say "Oh, yeah, now I get where they were going with that or why they wrote this particular thing in this way," but again, I'm not confident.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

Yeah, but the fact that Tyrion is a failure is part of the story. It's not like writers think he was great Hand. So I think it will serve some purpose. It has to. So either redemption or death. But this is not his "final form".

If Tyrion supposedly betrays the Starks, has anyone brought up that he might try to kill Bran because he becomes worried about what he knows?

The Tyrion we see is pod!Tyrion. Cersei isn't smarter than Tyrion. And neither is Sansa.

The only thing I can say in his defense is that we've been told over and over that Cersei's one redeeming quality is her love for her children, so it's possible that Tyrion thinks that as well.

Now, though, I'm not sure she was ever pregnant at all. She could very easily have lied about this to manipulate both Jaime and Tyrion. Jaime is gone from her side and she wants him dead and Tyrion, she's always hated and she still wants him dead.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, domina89 said:

You know, in my fantasy life, I really want a conversation between Jaime and Jon post the 'Jon's a Targ' revelation which includes Jaime's theme song of "we don't get to choose who we love." 

You mean like "Closer to Home?"  "Are you thinking of Joffrey? Such a spirited lad.  I was his uncle.  I was also his dad."

That might work.  🤣

• LOL 2
22 minutes ago, nikma said:

Yeah, but the fact that Tyrion is a failure is part of the story. It's not like writers think he was great Hand. So I think it will serve some purpose. It has to. So either redemption or death. But this is not his "final form".

I think it could serve some purpose, too, but maybe it’s just the character making a series of uncharacteristically stupid decisions until they’re killed off, like Stannis and Littlefinger.

11 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Tyrion hasn't been worth a damn since he stopped drinking and boinking.

Yeah, Tyrion’s been celibate since...Season 3, I guess? It’s probably not helping. (Tyrion’s still drinking, though. He was drinking in 7x05 and 7x06.)

58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Now, though, I'm not sure she was ever pregnant at all. She could very easily have lied about this to manipulate both Jaime and Tyrion. 

Cersei has never had to manipulate Jaime. He is her lap dog. Besides she was genuinely happy when she told him that she was pregnant. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Re: Golden Company attacking Winterfell. I vaguely remembered that BoatSexBaby insisted, that they do, and that Winterfell would fall because it is attacked from both sides. But I wasn't sure, if I was mixing her up with another user. So I searched for it, and it was indeed BSB who said so.

Here's the link. There's more info in the discussion, inclusing a linked pic which Shows Arya in battle and her opponent seemingly spilling blood, which wouldn't make sense, if it's a Zombie. Though I have to admit that I'm not sure if the bloodshet came really from the person Fighting Arya or someone else.

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Now, though, I'm not sure she was ever pregnant at all. She could very easily have lied about this to manipulate both Jaime and Tyrion. Jaime is gone from her side and she wants him dead and Tyrion, she's always hated and she still wants him dead.

There was a scene with her miscarriage in the outline for season 7, so her pregnancy was intended to be real.

I agree that Tyrion has been dumbed down. Even his speech was a low effort and backfired. Total loss of mojo. They're Tommen-izing him, imo.

Maybe Bran will meet Theon in 8x02, too. The Karstarks arrived at WF, the extra who gave info was supposed to be one of them. I'm looking forward to Theon pushing Bran's wheelchair.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I hope we get some sort of explanation for why Tyrion lost his edge. Either it's that he didn't lose his edge and he's been undermining Dany and playing dumb as part of a grand plan to save his family (and honestly I would prefer that to Tyrion just being dumbed down for no apparent reason), or he means well but is too conflicted about the Lannisters to see straight, but either way I hope it is clarified at some point.

Tyrion was at his best when he was Hand of the King. Although technically he was under Cersei and Joffrey's authority, he clearly didn't respect it and was happy to undermine them. Now he is somebody's subordinate and , and whereas his skills was suited for the political shenanigans of the Red Keep, everyone on Team Dany is pretty blunt and straightforward in their actions and there is less room for political manoeuvring, so his skills are no longer applicable to the situation he is in. Throw in his conflict over his sister and brother and the considerable trauma he suffered in season 4, it's understandable he is no longer the man he was.

In an interview, Peter mentioned sharing some good, intimate scenes with Jaime. Hopefully there will be some specific dialogue there to explain what's going on with him.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Bannon said:

If they actually have anyone accomplish a successful retreat from Winterfell, on foot, dead of winter, AoTD in pursuit, all the way to KL, I may need emergency surgery, due to my convulsive eye-rolling. Fer' the luv' of Napoleon, I dearly hope these writers don't plumb those depths of idiocy, after all these years.

It does seem weird to me that many seemingly consider it a done deal that the NK will win at Winterfell, yet most of the characters (and almost all the major ones) somehow escape. I don't know why the expectation is that Winterfell will fall, when the NK has it surrounded in icy cold and escape would be near impossible. I assume that even if Winterfell is destroyed, most of his army dies in the fire (probably caused by the defenders, somehow) - that could explain survivors if they could hide in the crypts or some other part of the castle that might not be affected by fire.

After all, in the lord of the rings Helm's Deep nor Gondor did fall in the end. This didn't mean that Sauron's threat wasn't effective, so for me there is no need for the NK to overrun the North, the Riverlands, the Vale, etc in order to be considered a worthy pay-off. Being mostly stopped at Winterfell (with a lunge for KL to come, without necessary doing major attacks in between) would be fine for me. Jon and Dany are there to stop him from going on such a genocidal rampage, aren't they?

And Dany and Jon still have to defeat the NK afterwards. Hard to do if the NK takes out their army at Winterfell.

10 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

The whole "Tyrion is held prisoner for a few months" thing seems pretty strange to me as well.  For starters, it seems ludicrous that Arya "serial killer" Stark would sit back and let Tyrion chill in a cell and then risk him weaselling his way out of another trial when he apparently betrayed the Starks.  I presume the Tyrion trial won't be another sham trial like the one they cooked up for Littlefinger.

Littlefinger got a pretty fair trial, with the chance to defend himself and to plead for mercy. The Starks did have a trusted crown witness and LF was guilty of all the charges.

1 hour ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Re: Golden Company attacking Winterfell. I vaguely remembered that BoatSexBaby insisted, that they do, and that Winterfell would fall because it is attacked from both sides. But I wasn't sure, if I was mixing her up with another user. So I searched for it, and it was indeed BSB who said so.

Here's the link. There's more info in the discussion, inclusing a linked pic which Shows Arya in battle and her opponent seemingly spilling blood, which wouldn't make sense, if it's a Zombie. Though I have to admit that I'm not sure if the bloodshet came really from the person Fighting Arya or someone else.

The pictures of those weapons weren't very convincing, IIRC. Someone in that freefolk thread mentioned that the northmen, like the Mormonts, seem to utilise weapons (spears?) with similarly curved blades.

It's also well to remember that BSB and Friki contradict each other on the Seville scenes. The info about Tyrion, Sansa and others having to run in the dragonpit came from BSB, but may be suspect as Friki tells a very different tale about a very natural, intimate scene without action or special effects (no dragonfire, either).

Edited by Wouter

Yes. I know that they contradict each other and I have some minor doubts regarding both (or in Friki's case, his source regarding the trial). But I also believe that both have some genuine information. For example, BSB was the first one to mention an actor's name who shot in Spain. I trust her more than other leakers.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I think it could serve some purpose, too, but maybe it’s just the character making a series of uncharacteristically stupid decisions until they’re killed off, like Stannis and Littlefinger.

I think Stannis and LF did what made sense for their characers at that point of the story.

But Tyrion can't be just killed off. If he dies, he will die like a traitor. 

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Tyrion was at his best when the dialogue/plot was still all GRRM, BUT I don't think it is just that. I think D&D never quite knew what to do with him when Tyrion was out of her natural element, within the Lannisters. He maybe never been loved by most of his family, but he didn't have to prove he was smart - they knew, they just didn't agree with his ways or morals.

The writing never exactly delivered in like 99% of his scenes with Daenerys/Mereen, and also not in Dragonstone. Tyrion is fierce, and it was never there after Shae.  It wouldn't have been a problem IF there was some kind of plot about a man who killed the woman he loved and his own father, but nothing. I'm not sure if they wanted to tone down Tyrion in order to balance Dany's "outburst", the whole "you can't be mad like your father" aspect, but it was lame.

I too prefer a Tyrion who has been secretly plotting than a dumb plot. I don't even mind that he believed Cersei would sent the troops because everybody at Dragon's pit believed it too.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Wouter said:

And Dany and Jon still have to defeat the NK afterwards. Hard to do if the NK takes out their army at Winterfell.

I wonder if the NK and his army get weakear the more they go/stay in the South, like the dragons get weaker the more they stay in the North?

I think someone mentioned once that if the NK dies, then his army dies too, which makes sense. So all they need is for Jon to kill the NK - I say Jon is the one because it is pretty much obvious. It remains to be see if Jon survives.

All these extremely important relationships between major characters(Dany-Tyrion, Jon-Dany, Sansa-Jon, the Starks reiunited, the Lannisters reunited and so on) were never written by the original author.

It would be almost like if Steve Kloves had to write relationship between Ron and Harry without anything from JK Rowling.

GRRM never even wrote any major reunion or meeting, except Stannis and Jon. 

So situation D&D are facing is really strange. Original author said the point of the story was relationship between Jon and Dany, and yet, he never wrote a single sentence about it. 

They had to create this major relationship between Tyrion and Dany from nothing. And dynamics they've established between them was the most logical based on their previous characterisation IMO.

Edited by nikma
13 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Belfast looks sunny and lovely in June, but not in April which would have been the last time Sophie and Joe were there (before the wrap party). And also, the same chair being used suggests to me that Joe, Sophie and Maisie were all in the same location. We also have a pretty good idea of what exterior filming was done for GOT in 2018, and they weren't doing exterior filming at Tollymore or Saintfield or any exterior Belfast locations in April (which is the latest Joe and Sophie would have filmed anything for the show in Northern Ireland).

Belfast looks pretty bright in April. But why are you assuming that these are all from actors at the same place and time considering these actors where shooting at different places and different times?

Sophie looks to be having her interview in one place. Joe Dempsie could be around the same place - with the tall grass and flowers in the background. They could be near the Painthall. Could be near one of those old castles they film in in NI. They are so many locations in NI they have used that can double as an location on the series.

Maisie and Peter seem to be on the KL set probably in June. Peter looks tired with messy hair and his face seems a bit dirty.

Gwen and Liam look to be in Tollymore forest park with the trees in the background and these guys filmed till June.

Those chairs can be GOT production chairs that they carry around for the actors to rest on between takes. The ladies seem to be out of their grand costumes while taking a break - the men's costumes being not all that complicated, stays on.

Really, I don't think there is much info we can get from this video - I think these were done by the show while filming was happening in Belfast.

1 hour ago, Wouter said:

Littlefinger got a pretty fair trial, with the chance to defend himself and to plead for mercy. The Starks did have a trusted crown witness and LF was guilty of all the charges.

You call that a fair trial? He was basically ambushed, not allowed to speak or make his case and had his throat cut immediately. That was clearly a sham trial  to get rid of LF. IF that was a real trial, Sansa would be equally implicated for covering up Lysa's death and lying to the Vale lords. forums

3 hours ago, nikma said:

Is Tyrion considered a failure on the show currently? I am never sure on this. Is he not supposed to be right about the Tarly burnings and are we not supposed to see his advice to Dany as being right? Considering that they are beating the 'Dany is/was wrong' drums pretty loudly this first episode, I would think that we are supposed to see him as smart.

The issue they seem to be highlighting with Tyrion  is Cersei - he is being inexplicably stupid here.  Tyrion defending and sticking by Jaime makes sense. But Cersei?

Here is where we will have to wait and see. Is Tyrion planning on something to do with Cersei. Or is he really that stupid on the show now.

13 hours ago, Eyes High said:

On the other hand, if Friki's source was wrong about Joe not filming anything for 8x06 in Seville, that leaves open the possibility that they were wrong about other things as well

I also found it weird that Friki did not mention anything in his ep 1 leaks about the Qyburn - Bronn scene where he sends off Bronn to kill Cersei on Tyrion's orders - probably because it clashes with his entire commentary on why each Tyrion scene in the first episode is about his betrayal.

And Arya finally seems to have got into a planning session with all the leaders. Yass!

tumblr_pq4coxEyIf1rd4xtyo1_1280.jpg

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, anamika said:

Belfast looks pretty bright in April. But why are you assuming that these are all from actors at the same place and time considering these actors where shooting at different places and different times?

Sophie looks to be having her interview in one place. Joe Dempsie could be around the same place - with the tall grass and flowers in the background. They could be near the Painthall. Could be near one of those old castles they film in in NI. They are so many locations in NI they have used that can double as an location on the series.

Maisie and Peter seem to be on the KL set probably in June. Peter looks tired with messy hair and his face seems a bit dirty.

Gwen and Liam look to be in Tollymore forest park with the trees in the background and these guys filmed till June.

Those chairs can be GOT production chairs that they carry around for the actors to rest on between takes. The ladies seem to be out of their grand costumes while taking a break - the men's costumes being not all that complicated, stays on.

Really, I don't think there is much info we can get from this video - I think these were done by the show while filming was happening in Belfast.

You call that a fair trial? He was basically ambushed, not allowed to speak or make his case and had his throat cut immediately. That was clearly a sham trial  to get rid of LF. IF that was a real trial, Sansa would be equally implicated for covering up Lysa's death and lying to the Vale lords. forums

Is Tyrion considered a failure on the show currently? I am never sure on this. Is he not supposed to be right about the Tarly burnings and are we not supposed to see his advice to Dany as being right? Considering that they are beating the 'Dany is/was wrong' drums pretty loudly this first episode, I would think that we are supposed to see him as smart.

The issue they seem to be highlighting with Tyrion  is Cersei - he is being inexplicably stupid here.  Tyrion defending and sticking by Jaime makes sense. But Cersei?

Here is where we will have to wait and see. Is Tyrion planning on something to do with Cersei. Or is he really that stupid on the show now.

I also found it weird that Friki did not mention anything in his ep 1 leaks about the Qyburn - Bronn scene where he sends off Bronn to kill Cersei on Tyrion's orders - probably because it clashes with his entire commentary on why each Tyrion scene in the first episode is about his betrayal.

And Arya finally seems to have got into a planning session with all the leaders. Yass!

Yes, I noticed that Friki meticulously described every scene with dialogue except the scene that contradicted his narrative. Odd. Also, Friki and Javi claimed last year that they had confirmed information that the Unsullied marched out to Castle Black to help, and that seems extremely unlikely based on 8x01.

On the other hand, a poster on Freefolk pointed out that if Sophie took the scroll prop on her last day, that means it was a prop from the 8x06 scene filmed in Spain where Sophie wrapped. BoatsexBaby said that the Dragonpit sequence was from the epic battle finale of the Great War in KL, but what battle scene needs a scroll?

I do think BoatsexBaby is right about an epic finale with dragon vs. dragon fighting in KL. It seems like the dragons won’t be part of the Winterfell battle, which probably means that they’re being saved for the final KL battle. An official Russian media outlet also claimed that the biggest battle of the series would be broadcast on May 13th (around when 8x05 will be airing). Also, Kit complained about spending three weeks on the (dragonriding) buck. Was it all for the 8x01 scene, or is there more Jon dragonriding to come? I am stumped about their Dragonpit claims, though.

While they have never openly contradicted Friki or stated outright that there is no Tyrion trial and execution, BoatsexBaby has been hinting for several months now that they know that Tyrion survives, based on info they have heard but can’t confirm (and therefore won’t provide). So we’ll see who’s right in the end.

Edited by Eyes High
36 minutes ago, anamika said:

Is Tyrion considered a failure on the show currently

Well, yeah. Sansa made fun of him last episode. And in E2 he will look like an even bigger failure.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

On the other hand, a poster on Freefolk pointed out that if Sophie took the scroll prop on her last day, that means it was a prop from the 8x06 scene filmed in Spain where Sophie wrapped. BoatsexBaby said that the Dragonpit sequence was from the epic battle finale of the Great War in KL, but what battle scene needs a scroll?

Some things here in my opinion:

1. Sophie most definitely filmed in Seville - a single scene that took 5 days. She's talked about it constantly - including that she went back after filming that scene crying inconsolably on Kit and Maisie's laps in the van that took them back. I am pretty certain that Kit and maybe some other actors were there for Sophie's series wrap. Kit has mentioned being there for Sophie's wrap.

2. She was given the scroll by the prop master as she left - this could have happened when she wrapped in Belfast. The scroll could be something that Sansa writes or intercepts.

3. Sophie only mentioned that the scroll is important for the last episode. Does not imply that Sansa herself is involved in that specific scene in the last episode or that this scene only happens in the Dragonpit. The scroll could feature anywhere in a 80 minute finale in a scene which could have been filmed anytime - even in March. Scenes in episodes are not shot in order and I think Hibberd talked about a pivotal ending scene shot in March. 

4. Sophie is an unreliable narrator like the character she plays. Her stories keep changing - first she got the story boards in April in Belfast, then she got them in May in Seville, it's her last scene , she hung it on her wall for the Christmas party for everyone to see, she dressed up in costume in Dubrovnik for the paparazzi to see except no one saw her, her braid in the hair is a spoiler except she wears a wig.  She has been pretty consistently complaining about her series wrap in Seville - it took so many takes etc. so I think she filmed there. Beyond that? No idea.

5. The CNN travel guy saying that there is an iconic series shot of Jon and Dany at Italica makes me thing that BoatsexBaby has some validity. This is something that BsB stressed a while back - that the Italica filming was for something more than just the 5 days the cast gathered there - considering that this historical heritage site was shut down for a lot longer than that, this makes sense.

6. There are several holes in Friki's leaks about Seville in itself - his story kept changing. And his explanation for all those Unsullied guards there still makes no sense. And Javi can only collaborate exactly what Friki said from his source? Not one extra piece of information about the trial other than what Friki said? Weird.

So in conclusion we still know absolutely nothing about any of this and what's going to happen in the last episode. HBO has played a good game this time around.

From Isaac with regards to Bran this season and Jaime;

4d945p9wwws21.png

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

Tyrion was at his best when the dialogue/plot was still all GRRM, BUT I don't think it is just that. I think D&D never quite knew what to do with him when Tyrion was out of her natural element, within the Lannisters.

Where do whores go?

Where do whores go?

Where do whores go?

GRRM didn't know what to do with Tyrion outside of the Lannisters either

• Love 11

With all the discussion about the weather, I'm wondering if any plans have been made for deicing those dragons.  Not exactly sure how that would be done, but we don't want them falling out of the sky because of ice accumulation on their wings.

• Love 1

“The London-born actress humorously recounted Kit’s first time to ride a dragon, actually akin to being strapped onto a mechanical bull. “I was there when Kit was just trying to get on. He was trying to play it cool, like he has been doing it for ages. I’ve never complained about riding a dragon because, let’s face it, riding a dragon is not what one should complain about.”

She said with a sly grin, “I saw Kit ride on it and I’m sure it was an anatomical situation (laughs), more than anything else. He definitely tried to cover it up, but after a while, he just gave in. He said, ‘This is really painful. I don’t know how you do it.

Told that Kit looked realistically scared riding a dragon for the first time, Emilia chuckled and said, “He does look scared, and he should be. I remember reading it and I’m not going to lie. When I read, ‘Jon Snow flying a dragon,’ I was like, sure, he can fly one, too!

But it was very exciting, with me going to film in Winterfell for the first time. Then, Kit said, ‘And this happened over here!’ And everyone said, ‘And this is our place that we do this!’ It was like someone showing you their home. It was really sweet.

On how good the wannabe queen Daenerys is at family relations, the 32-year-old replied, “She’s trying to be as domestic a mother of dragons possibly could in this situation. Because she’s meeting her boyfriend’s family.“This is brand-new territory for her. Because normally, guys are bending the knee and killing people for her, and this boy is just a sweet boy.”

“Emilia’s piece of advice to me was, ‘Dude, it’s fun the first time.’ Because it’s not quite as glamorous as it looks when you see it onscreen. We’ve seen Emilia being this natural dragon rider. She gets on it, and she just knows how to do it. The aim for me was to look like … maybe it’s not Jon’s natural home.

Like with anything with ‘Thrones,’ they want as realistic reactions as they could possibly get to something like riding a dragon. The reality of it (laughs)? It’s mostly boring. And that’s what Emilia said.

Emilia and I have a kind of competition to see who can moan the most. She was like, ‘I’ve been on a buck for days and weeks.’ I was like, ‘Oh, sorry. You’ve been in a warm room. I’ve been out in the freezing cold.’ Then, I got on that buck for three weeks, and I was like, OK, I get it. She was right (laughs). It’s dull as hell.”

- Emilia & Kit for Inquirer

I think we can expect more dragon riding for Kit. And Dany is also going to be on her dragon lots this season as expected.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I wish. I am sure that D&D will find something for her to do. I would think that her miscarriage is due to occur soon or maybe it has already occurred and she talks to Qyburn about it. And then there is Harry Stickland and the Golden Company. Cersei must be plotting how to defend KL and build those weapons to take down the dragons if Jon/Dany or the AOTD head down south.

I wonder why she isn't trying to take Dragonstone, to cut retreat for her enemies. Maybe Daenerys left a garrison there, but the bulk of her troops are gone.

• Love 1

Maybe D&D changed their plans about miscarriage. Since it feels Cersei won't be there in next 2 episodes. I mean we still don't know about E3 but I think no one would care about KL when the NK is at WF. So maybe Cersei won't have miscarriage at all or maybe they've decided that she wasn't pregnant after all. That it was just manipulation on her part.

3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

I wonder why she isn't trying to take Dragonstone, to cut retreat for her enemies. Maybe Daenerys left a garrison there, but the bulk of her troops are gone.

Cersei doesn't believe that she will lose or need to retreat. If all else fails, in her mind she has wildfire as a back up plan.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, anamika said:

So in conclusion we still know absolutely nothing about any of this and what's going to happen in the last episode. HBO has played a good game this time around.

From Isaac with regards to Bran this season and Jaime;

I won't be able to claim vindication no matter what happens because I've gone so many times back and forth between believing BoatsexBaby and believing Friki. The only real winner here is HBO.

I can easily imagine scenes where Bran is sharply telling everyone to get over Jaime crippling him while the Starks just stare at him in disbelief. I do wonder whether Brienne will bring up the fact that if it weren't for Jaime, Sansa would have been dragged back to Winterfell by the Bolton men. Gwendoline Christie hinted at Brienne being more of her own woman in S8.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Do you guys think that real final battle won't be about Cersei, but Jon vs Dany?

I think it will be the second Dance of Dragons. I offered evidence for why I think that during the hiatus. It's looking more likely: Sam is conspiring against Dany and just played kingmaker. Drogon's stare, the North's defiance, and the fact that Dany gave Jon access to her dragons suggests betrayal. Rhaenyra did the same to bastard dragon riders. 

• Love 1