Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:
26 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

Jon and Dany have no use for Jaime. All the armies have effective commanders. Maybe there are some noncombatants and Northern peasants he can protect. Jaime has only one real use: the potential to get close to Cersei and kill her. Fingers crossed he can get that done.

They do, but none of whom are known to the audience. The command of the soldiers against the White Walkers is a big deal and dramatically it makes more sense for the role to go to a character the audience has an investment in.

• Love 2

For me, Jaime will forever have been regressed for sticking with Cersei for so long. In retrospect, it seems he killed Aerys for less than that. 

He is an able commander, we know that. And I would have said that once he finds out that Jon is Rhaegar's son, that he would do all that he can to keep him safe, but then, the show never addressed anything with regard to that relationship or the guilt Jaime feels for having failed in his mission to protect the children from Gregor Clegane.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, anamika said:

The audience would love it though. I just took a look at the non-book reader episode one thread and boy do they hate Dany over there. It really just pinpoints for me how much a woman is seen as entitled for going after something she thinks she deserves - when pretty much EVERY single main character does the same thing.

Dany is seen as arrogant and deserving of being humbled.  The comments about how she was more interesting and sympathetic when she was the underdog. It really is depressing how powerful female characters are still viewed.

As much as Jon is my favorite character, I would have loved for Dany to get the throne at the end - she's worked for it over 7 seasons. She's not Cersei or Tywin. She's the only character who has helped others altruistically. She has her flaws, but she's not all that worse than any other contender.

But the way things are looking, I don't think she is getting it. I don't think she is going to become the mad queen. But from Emilia's interviews I gather that Dany is going to learn that power is not all that by looking at what happened to Cersei and probably from Jon's influence and give up her claim to the throne.

But if Jon and Dany die or leave at the end then the issue continues to be - who is going to lead the efforts to lead and rebuild Westeros at the end. In the books, Jon and Dany have actual experience in this - thinkers who plan for irrigation canals and green house. But the show does not have all that.

Sansa is written as being unable to see the big picture and constantly clashes with Jon. Arya is just for fighting. Bran ... Like Sam says, I don't know what they are trying to do with Bran. Tyrion is written as a fool trusting Cersei or is possibly a traitor.

Maybe Jaime and Brienne do end up as leaders of the free world at the end of it all.

They have another 5 episodes to develop other characters as leaders if it's not going to be Jon and Dany at the end.

It would literally be the Starks in control if Jon or Dany aren't in charge. 

"A Time For Wolves"

PQ makes that same argument about the Stark children and not Dany + Jon leading post_Dawn:

PQ: Well, “heir” in the sense of who’s going to be rebuilding the world post-Dawn, and I think that’s Sansa, Arya, and Bran because they spend the second act as apprentices, which is a very next-generation-of-leaders thing to be doing in the second act. (As opposed to Jon and Dany, who spend the second act growing increasingly disgusted with what leadership demands of them, and increasingly unable to be happy or indeed stable within its confines.) 

Edited by WindyNights
(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Jaime is the most disappointing character, IMO. He hasn't evolved or changed. He is the same man wrecking death and destruction for his sister even as he is supposedly horrified by her and has some affection for Brienne.

Jaime's stricken expression upon seeing Bran is also unearned, since Jaime felt little (if any?) guilt over what he did to him, unless it's less "Oh, shit, I'm being confronted with the consequences of my horrible actions" and more "Oh, shit, I am so busted."

At least in 8x02 we're finally going to find out whom Tyrion was looking at in the Season 8 trailer.

Speaking of interesting backgrounds in the actor interview segments in the Game Revealed video, look at 0:10 with Nathalie Emmanuel. The background (pillars, grey colour scheme) looks a lot like the Eyrie, doesn't it? It even has a blue door that's the Arryn shade of blue. The crew tore down the Eyrie set after S4, but maybe they rebuilt it. Does this mean that Missandei survives the battle and makes it to the Vale?

We know that Robin is going to be in S8, and it makes sense to reintroduce him before Tyrion's trial (assuming that's what happens). Sansa was talking to Lord Royce in that one scene. Maybe Sansa packs up the Valemen and the women and children when Winterfell falls and goes to the Vale for safety, while Jon and Dany head to Dragonstone, and Jaime and Brienne (let's say) go back to the Riverlands (leading to another meeting between Edmure and Jaime). If Gendry survives but gets separated from Arya in the chaos, maybe that explains why Gendry isn't in KL with Arya and Jon.

Edited by Eyes High
4 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Jaime's stricken expression upon seeing Bran is also unearned, since Jaime felt little (if any?) guilt over what he did to him, unless it's less "Oh, shit, I'm being confronted with the consequences of my horrible actions" and more "Oh, shit, I am so busted."

Yeah, I think Jaime's look was more along these lines. Like "oh shit, he didn't die and now everyone will know I shoved him off the tower."

I always did love that Jaime lost his hand in a kind of karmic retribution after shoving Bran. At least they didn't drop that in the show.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Speaking of interesting backgrounds in the actor interview segments in the Game Revealed video, look at 0:10 with Nathalie Emmanuel. The background looks a lot like the Eyrie, doesn't it? It even has a blue door that's the Arryn shade of blue. The crew tore down the Eyrie set after S4, but maybe they rebuilt it. Does this mean that Missandei survives the battle and makes it to the Vale?

We know that Robin is going to be in S8, and it makes sense to reintroduce him before Tyrion's trial (assuming that's what happens). Sansa was talking to Lord Royce in that one scene. Maybe Sansa packs up the Valemen and the women and children when Winterfell falls and goes to the Vale for safety, while Jon and Dany head to Dragonstone, and Jaime and Brienne (let's say) go back to the Riverlands (leading to another meeting between Edmure and Jaime). If Gendry survives but gets separated from Arya in the chaos, maybe that explains why Gendry isn't in KL with Arya and Jon.

I think that Liam, Nathalie, Joe, and Gwendolyn were all interviewed at King's Landing set or on another set later in the Spring. It is the same weather and flora including green grass and trees with flowers in the background. In contrast, Jon Bradley, Maisie, and Peter look like they were interviewed at the same location, the Winterfell set with the brick walls behind.

Edited by SimoneS
7 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Yeah, I think Jaime's look was more along these lines. Like "oh shit, he didn't die and now everyone will know I shoved him off the tower."

I always did love that Jaime lost his hand in a kind of karmic retribution after shoving Bran. At least they didn't drop that in the show.

Nikolaj says it's because he didn't expect to see Bran here and it put it all in perspective that he's going to get fucked over coming here.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Karma is an oddly specific bitch in ASOIAF, that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I think that Liam, Nathalie, Joe, and Gwendolyn were all interviewed at King's Landing set or on another set later in the Spring. It is the same weather and flora including green grass and trees with flowers in the background. In contrast, Jon Bradley, Maisie, and Peter look like they were interviewed at the same location, the Winterfell set with the brick walls behind.

Sure, but in the Nathalie segment at 0:10 of the video I linked, the background was with white/grey pillars and stones (no pun intended), resembling the Eyrie architectural style. The KL set was in warm colours, not grey/white. I think it's the Eyrie...which would be great, because I was worried about Missandei's fate given that Nathalie was not at the Dragonpit, and if Nathalie is filming on the Eyrie set, that means Missandei lives long enough to make it there. Missandei getting separated from Grey Worm and Dany at some point would make sense given Emilia's complaining about having to film pickups with Jacob without Nathalie.

So let's assume for the sake of argument that everyone gets separated after the battle of Winterfell. Where does everyone go? Sansa and Missandei to the Vale, Jon and Dany to Dragonstone, maybe Arya, Sandor, Jaime and Brienne to the Riverlands...? 

Edited by Eyes High
23 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Karma is an oddly specific bitch in ASOIAF, that's for sure.

Sure, but in the Nathalie segment at 0:10 of the video I linked, the background was with white/grey pillars and stones (no pun intended), resembling the Eyrie architectural style. The KL set was in warm colours, not grey/white. I think it's the Eyrie...which would be great, because I was worried about Missandei's fate given that Nathalie was not at the Dragonpit, and if Nathalie is filming on the Eyrie set, that means Missandei lives long enough to make it there. Missandei getting separated from Grey Worm and Dany at some point would make sense given Emilia's complaining about having to film pickups with Jacob without Nathalie.

So let's assume for the sake of argument that everyone gets separated after the battle of Winterfell. Where does everyone go? Sansa and Missandei to the Vale, Jon and Dany to Dragonstone, maybe Arya, Sandor, Jaime and Brienne to the Riverlands...? 

I can't make that distinction in the architecture. I always thought that the noncombatants and their protectors would stay together: Sansa, Missandei, Arya, Gendry, Brienne, Sam, Bran, Gilly and the baby, Varys, the Hound and Tyrion escaping Winterfell and fleeing south, maybe to the Vale or the Riverlands before having to flee again to King's Landing. Jaime naturally would fall in with that group. Maybe they run into Ghost, Nymeria, and her pack who help protect them. However, that does seem like a lot of people so maybe they split into two groups.

Dany and her remaining army and dragons go to Dragonstone. Jon and the remaining Northerners and Wildings go with them. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

When is Melisandre joining this party anyway? Next episode? Never?

I think she shows up in episode three. She will save them just as the NK is about win then dies.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I just rewatched the Game Revealed video, and if you look very closely, you can see that Sophie, Maisie and Joe are all sitting on the exact same type of chair. I'm certain they were in Seville, which makes the fact that Sophie and Maisie's costumes are seemingly covered up extremely interesting, and which also seems to confirm that Gendry survives to 8x06, since only 8x06 scenes were filmed there. Yay!

Judging from the bright, sunny backgrounds with ample greenery, it also looks like Gwendoline, Jacob, and Liam also did these segments in Seville, although the backgrounds slightly differ from actor to actor. Their costumes aren't covered, however (and in fact I think Liam is wearing the same Davos costume that Davos has been wearing for a while now).

• Love 3

[whinging/] For the record, I hate going through this season unpoiled. [/whinging]

Re: Gendry's clothes. The scene from the trailer, where he wears just his shirt, didn't air yet; it should be 8x02 or 8x03 since he's in the WF forge. There's also this still below, where he gives Arya her weapon -maybe from 8x03 just before the battle. It's the same outfit he wears in 8x01, it seems a bit different from his leather costume on the HBO video, especially the collar part. None of this, of course, is significant enough. (see also: whinging above)

I could see Arya and Gendry in the Riverlands, if the pack of wolves and Nymeria are involved this season, Arya would have to be there. If there's some Hot Pie cameo (or if the Inn is found like the Last Hearth...) Gendry knew him, too. But I could see him in Dragonstone if more weapons are needed, they could mine/produce directly there.

game-of-thrones-s8-e1-gendry-arya.jpeg

Edited by Happy Harpy

Splitting the cast up again for episode 4 and maybe until the final seems like a sensible decision to get some variety in setting and plot. With that being said: I don't think anyone will stay either in the Riverlands or the Vale for long.

If Winterfell falls, than the Night King will make it to King's Landing and the regions inbetween don't stand a chance. Well, maybe the Vale, because it isn't directly on the way between King's Landing and Winterfell, but since the actor playing Robin Arryn shot in Spain (including supposedly a scene with him, Sansa, Tyrion and Brienne running, therefore from before the epilogue) I'm sure the Vale will fall, too.

Also, a big part of the Knights from the Vale are already in Winterfell. So the defense will be seriously weakened.

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

[whinging/] For the record, I hate going through this season unpoiled. [/whinging]

Me too.

I could see Arya and Gendry in the Riverlands, if the pack of wolves and Nymeria are involved this season, Arya would have to be there. If there's some Hot Pie cameo (or if the Inn is found like the Last Hearth...) Gendry knew him, too.

I have been hopeful that we see Hot Pie in this final season, but I am afraid that he might die. I rather not know like with Meera.

• Love 4

There are a lot of questions about what happens between the Battle of Winterfell and the siege of King's Landing, but I'm not really sure what the narrative purpose of sending a bunch of characters on a sidetrip to the Eyrie would be at this juncture.  That seems like the kind of thing the writers mostly avoid.

• Love 1

If there any realism to this story, once the news spreads that Winterfell is destroyed and the NK is heading south, there will be thousands of Northern refugees fleeing south including Robin and what is left of the Vale and Edmure and what is left of the Freys. It won't be an easy trek for Dany and Jon's people to get south. There won't be any safe havens to hang out for a couple episodes. It will be keep moving until they reach KL and Dragonstone.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I just rewatched the Game Revealed video, and if you look very closely, you can see that Sophie, Maisie and Joe are all sitting on the exact same type of chair. I'm certain they were in Seville, which makes the fact that Sophie and Maisie's costumes are seemingly covered up extremely interesting, and which also seems to confirm that Gendry survives to 8x06, since only 8x06 scenes were filmed there. Yay!

I don't think we can say with any certainity this is Seville tbh. I think some of them are on the KL set and some others elsewhere in Belfast, but I am pretty certain that's all in Belfast. Sophie with the greenery behind her and those flowers reminds me of this photo in Belfast in June:

Where Liam and Gwen are sitting with those trees in the background is also somewhere in Belfast. I remember Liam sitting somewhere similar during BOTB interviews. Could be Tollymore forest park.

Belfast has old structures and lots of places like this for example:

image.png.8f5baa8dddb8a3da433cf013c8fd4688.png

https://www.bigissue.com/culture/game-thrones-brought-jobs-pr-rebrand-northern-ireland/

I still think  Maisie and Peter are on the KL set. Sophie, Joe, Liam and Gwen are on another location in Belfast.

Looks like a Russian streaming service have advertised that they will stream the "biggest battle of this season and the entire series" on the 13th of May in movie theatres.

That's episode 5. So all this hype they are building for episode 3 and in keeping with GOT tradition, the penultimate episode is where it's going to happen.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I'd be glad to see Gendry survive, but if he's in 8x06 I wonder why he would be absent from the trial. The showrunners don't care about titles and castles as much as I do, but if the trial supposedly even has a new lord from Dorne plus Robin, Yara and so on, having a few lines that make a living Gendry the Lord of the Storm's End would be a pretty natural and not too screentime-consuming ending for him.

If Tyrion's trial turns to out to have been a fake leak after all, which I'm again considering since Friki reportedly said Gendry is not there, I have a hard time thinking of what could be a big final twist. Jon dying to kill the NK and leaving Dany to rule alone with their baby would the most obvious choice to avoid the Disney ending accusations, but it really is so very obvious and so very convenient as the big death that I'd still hesitate to predict it. I don't think there will be a pre-battle time skip, if Dany is pregnant she'll have to live and give birth in the epilogue.

But really, a new Arya costume that's not just more of the same? That might be one of the biggest shocks.

If they actually have anyone accomplish a successful retreat from Winterfell, on foot, dead of winter, AoTD in pursuit, all the way to KL, I may need emergency surgery, due to my convulsive eye-rolling. Fer' the luv' of Napoleon, I dearly hope these writers don't plumb those depths of idiocy, after all these years.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ElizaD said:

But really, a new Arya costume that's not just more of the same? That might be one of the biggest shocks.

LOL, same here.

3 hours ago, ElizaD said:

I'd be glad to see Gendry survive, but if he's in 8x06 I wonder why he would be absent from the trial. The showrunners don't care about titles and castles as much as I do, but if the trial supposedly even has a new lord from Dorne plus Robin, Yara and so on, having a few lines that make a living Gendry the Lord of the Storm's End would be a pretty natural and not too screentime-consuming ending for him.

If Tyrion's trial turns to out to have been a fake leak after all, which I'm again considering since Friki reportedly said Gendry is not there, I have a hard time thinking of what could be a big final twist.

Maybe Gendry, engineer extraordinaire, is busy rebuilding elsewhere :))

Gendry being there doesn't mean that Frikidoctor is wrong about everything. Bran staring at Tyrion and Dany pissed of at her Hand in 8x02 seem like ominous signs of something going wrong. It could be that Friki had partial info, but insisted that he knew everything. Imo, they didn't film only one sequence in Seville. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, anamika said:

I don't think we can say with any certainity this is Seville tbh. I think some of them are on the KL set and some others elsewhere in Belfast, but I am pretty certain that's all in Belfast. Sophie with the greenery behind her and those flowers reminds me of this photo in Belfast in June:

Where Liam and Gwen are sitting with those trees in the background is also somewhere in Belfast. I remember Liam sitting somewhere similar during BOTB interviews. Could be Tollymore forest park.

Belfast has old structures and lots of places like this for example:

I still think  Maisie and Peter are on the KL set. Sophie, Joe, Liam and Gwen are on another location in Belfast.

Looks like a Russian streaming service have advertised that they will stream the "biggest battle of this season and the entire series" on the 13th of May in movie theatres.

That's episode 5. So all this hype they are building for episode 3 and in keeping with GOT tradition, the penultimate episode is where it's going to happen.

Belfast looks sunny and lovely in June, but not in April which would have been the last time Sophie and Joe were there (before the wrap party). And also, the same chair being used suggests to me that Joe, Sophie and Maisie were all in the same location. We also have a pretty good idea of what exterior filming was done for GOT in 2018, and they weren't doing exterior filming at Tollymore or Saintfield or any exterior Belfast locations in April (which is the latest Joe and Sophie would have filmed anything for the show in Northern Ireland).

Lastly, apart from Joe, we know that all the actors with the sunny greenery in the background--Liam, Jacob, Sophie, Maisie, and Gwendoline--were in Seville and filmed something for the show there. If there were other actors whom we know were not in Seville filming with those sunny backgrounds--Nathalie, Alfie, etc.--I would question whether it was in Seville, but I don't think it's a coincidence that it's actors whom we know were in Seville who filmed with that background.

...Now, if you want to say that Friki is still right about Tyrion's trial, assuming that those actor segments are in Seville, Peter Dinklage is absent and did his segments on what looks like the KL set. However, we know he was in Seville and filmed something. Friki's source said that Peter Dinklage's costume involved hair extensions and ragged clothing. Maybe he was exempted from doing an actor segment in Seville because his appearance would give away the game.

56 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

LOL, same here.

Maybe Gendry, engineer extraordinaire, is busy rebuilding elsewhere :))

Gendry being there doesn't mean that Frikidoctor is wrong about everything. Bran staring at Tyrion and Dany pissed of at her Hand in 8x02 seem like ominous signs of something going wrong. It could be that Friki had partial info, but insisted that he knew everything. Imo, they didn't film only one sequence in Seville. 

Well, on the one hand, assuming I'm right about the actors filming those segments in Seville, the fact that Peter Dinklage skipped the actor interviews in Seville suggests that his appearance was indeed an inherent spoiler consistent with Friki's trial: the longer hair, the ragged clothes, etc. On the other hand, if Friki's source was wrong about Joe not filming anything for 8x06 in Seville, that leaves open the possibility that they were wrong about other things as well.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Imo, they didn't film only one sequence in Seville. 

I agree. I think multiple scenes were shoot in Seville. Kit and Jacob arrived later. I wouldn't be surprised if they were filming exterior shots for the KL's battle. I noticed in the video on how episode one was filmed that they use a lot of green screen to make Winterfell seem dour and grey as well as to cover a lot of the obvious greenery in the background. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I agree. I think multiple scenes were shoot in Seville. Kit and Jacob arrived later. I wouldn't be surprised if they filming exterior shots for the KL's battle. I noticed in the video on how episode one was filmed that they use a lot of green screen to make Winterfell seem dour and grey as well as to cover a lot of the obvious greenery in the background. 

We do know that a ton of fake snow was used for the Dragonpit, so I'm guessing D&D will be going crazy with those grey/blue filters to make everything look appropriately dour, as you said.

Jacob was there earlier than Kit. He was snapped with Joe the first week they were in Seville. Kit arrived on Monday afternoon, spent only a few hours at the set, and left Wednesday with everyone else. 

14 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

We do know that a ton of fake snow was used for the Dragonpit, so I'm guessing D&D will be going crazy with those grey/blue filters to make everything look appropriately dour, as you said.

If whatever was filmed in the DP required lots of fake snow, does that throw a bit of a wrench in Friki's claims that Tyrion has been locked up for at least a few months? Assuming the NK is defeated in ep 6, and thus Winter is "over", would it still be snowing a few months later?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, nikma said:

They've worked for 3 seasons to bring everyone together. I don't think they will split them now.

I also think that they will not share the characters. All gathered together, which means the heroes will fight together and retreat together too. And the retreat will be inevitable, so that after all to win in the final battle ...

24 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

If whatever was filmed in the DP required lots of fake snow, does that throw a bit of a wrench in Friki's claims that Tyrion has been locked up for at least a few months? Assuming the NK is defeated in ep 6, and thus Winter is "over", would it still be snowing a few months later?

Well, even if the NK is defeated and that puts an end to the weird seasons, even a normal winter would last months.

• Love 2

I have never understood why they would wait until Spring to try and execute Tyrion. If they are executing him at Dragonpit, then it must been that it is death by fire, right?

As for the noncombatants fleeing Winterfell, how will they manage that will Bran needing a wheelchair and a cart for Sam, Gilly, and the baby? 

Edited by SimoneS
7 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I have never understood why they would wait until Spring to try and execute Tyrion. If they are executing him at Dragonpit, then it must been that it is death by fire, right?

The whole "Tyrion is held prisoner for a few months" thing seems pretty strange to me as well.  For starters, it seems ludicrous that Arya "serial killer" Stark would sit back and let Tyrion chill in a cell and then risk him weaselling his way out of another trial when he apparently betrayed the Starks.  I presume the Tyrion trial won't be another sham trial like the one they cooked up for Littlefinger.

If the Tyrion trial stuff is true, I would love it if Jon gave the Dracarys order to execute Tyrion by dragonfire.  This is solely so we can see people who claim Dany is a Mad Queen Tyrant for using her dragons fall all over themselves to justify why Jon doing the same thing is somehow different and totally okay lol.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

If the Tyrion trial stuff is true, I would love it if Jon gave the Dracarys order to execute Tyrion by dragonfire.  This is solely so we can see people who claim Dany is a Mad Queen Tyrant for using her dragons fall all over themselves to justify why Jon doing the same thing is somehow different and totally okay lol.

I could see Jon giving the dragon the order to burn Tyrion himself. After all, Tyrion is supposed to have betrayed the Starks not the Targaryens.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I could see Jon giving the dragon the order to burn Tyrion himself. After all, Tyrion is supposed to have betrayed the Starks not the Targaryens.

Since Tyrion betrayed the Starks, he should be eaten alive by Ghost.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Since Tyrion betrayed the Starks, he should be eaten alive by Ghost.

Ghost? What is this "Ghost" you mention? I have no idea what this thing is.

Has there ever been an animal more aptly named than him? Ghost might as well be a ghost for all the times we've seen him.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

There are 5 episodes left

Tyrion's already been on trial twice. Does Game of Thrones have time for, or really need, to put him on trial again?

I'm trialed out.

Good grief, yes. I really hope this is a phony spoiler, because, if not, it is proof that these writers are bereft of storytelling ideas.

• Love 6

24 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

There are 5 episodes left

They have a lot of story to cover/resolve in a short amount of time.  People are gonna fall rapidly. 

I'm down with Theon and Yara being the two left standing.   Kinda makes sense since the white walkers can't swim.  And aren't the Iron Islands near the rock that can be mined to make Valayrian steel swords?

Of all the characters on the show, it seems Theon and Tyrion have been, at various times, traitors, victims, and heroes.  They've experienced more than the other characters this way and know what is right and what is wrong.  They bring a broader perspective than the others and could be good leaders. 

I'd actually like to see Yara get the title - with Theon by her side.  She's a badass.

57 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Good grief, yes. I really hope this is a phony spoiler, because, if not, it is proof that these writers are bereft of storytelling ideas.

Assuming it’s true, Tyrion being convicted and executed for an actual crime is quite different from his previous trials — also likely to be much shorter in length.

5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Am I the only one kind of hoping for at least one more wedding in the last final episodes.  No one needs to die, I'd just kind of like to see one.

Missandei/Grey Worm or Sam/Gilly or Jon/Dany are possibilities for a wedding.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Am I the only one kind of hoping for at least one more wedding in the last final episodes.  No one needs to die, I'd just kind of like to see one.

We might get a Rhaegar/Lyanna or Robb/Talisa little-w wedding--two people stand in front of a septon--but I'd be surprised if we got a capital-w Wedding in a beautiful setting with hundreds of attendees.

21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

He is an able commander, we know that. And I would have said that once he finds out that Jon is Rhaegar's son, that he would do all that he can to keep him safe, but then, the show never addressed anything with regard to that relationship or the guilt Jaime feels for having failed in his mission to protect the children from Gregor Clegane.

You know, in my fantasy life, I really want a conversation between Jaime and Jon post the 'Jon's a Targ' revelation which includes Jaime's theme song of "we don't get to choose who we love."  It would mirror season one in that Jaime's conversation with Jon made him insecure about his choice to join the Night's Watch, whereas this conversation could possibly make Jon feel better about his choice to be with Dany despite the fact that they are related (if they choose to remain together, that is).  It would also be a nice payoff for Jaime's guilt at failing Rhaegar being reconciled in some way by helping Jon.  

24 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Three time's a charm in fantasy stories.

Yes, the rule of three is a tried and true writing method that usually makes for the most pleasing and memorable content.

22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

For me, Jaime will forever have been regressed for sticking with Cersei for so long. In retrospect, it seems he killed Aerys for less than that. 

He is an able commander, we know that.

Do we know that TV Jaime is an able commander?

You talk about war as if you’re an expert but the one battle I remember you fighting, you were captured by Robb Stark, the Young Wolf - Walder Frey to Jaime

Jaime did capture Riverrun, but not through any kind of military expertise

I love Cersei. You can laugh at that if you want. You can sneer. It doesn’t matter. She needs me. And to get back to her, I have to take Riverrun. I’ll send for your baby boy. And I’ll launch him into Riverrun with a catapult. Because you don’t matter to me, Lord Edmure. Your son doesn’t matter to me. The people in the castle don’t matter to me. Only Cersei. And if I have to slaughter every Tully who ever lived to get back to her, that’s what I’ll do - Jaime to Edmure during the Siege of Riverrun

So TV Jaime's military prowess is still an open question

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1
(edited)

14 8x02 photos are out

1. Grey Worm/Missandei, outdoors

2. Lyanna Mormont in armour, outdoors at Winterfell at night.

3. Sansa with a bowl, outdoors at Winterfell at night.

4. Gilly during the daylight kneeling down, with bowls of bread and mugs in the background.

5. Davos stirring a cauldron of stew outdoors in the daylight, looking at someone (Gilly?).

6. Tyrion sitting inside at night (?), looking at the fire. (Positive this is the same scene as Jaime in front of the fire smiling at someone.) Tyrion's still wearing his Hand pin, so I guess Dany hasn't fired him yet by the time of this conversation. Tyrion is actually wearing armour, which I didn't notice the first time I saw the picture.

7. Bran in his wheelchair in front of the fire indoors at Winterfell, during the day. 

8. Sam looking at Jon, concerned, indoors at Winterfell.

9. Dany wearing her white fur coat looking concerned, flanked by Jorah and Varys, indoors at Winterfell (same scene as 8, I imagine).

10. Jon and Arya indoors at Winterfell (looks like the same scene as 8 and 9).

11. Jaime at his "trial," although he's not in chains.

12. Dany in the library in her grey outfit, looking at someone (Sansa?).

13. Bran in his wheelchair at the godswood.

14. Sam, Gilly and Little Sam in bed at Winterfell.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1