Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Stallion12 said:

I'm hoping more than that was fleaked.

I think from that Jon/Tormund scene (where Tormund implies they could meet again and Jon says he wishes he was going with Tormund) and that tidbit about Kristofer and Kit filming a scene in Randalstown forest where the production put down a very light dusting of fake snow, it seems likely that Jon does end up back in “the real North.” I now doubt it’s a King Jon collecting Ghost and heading back south scenario. It turns out “You’ll never be a kneeler again” may have been foreshadowing for Jon’s endgame after all, just not in the way many took it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Of course Jaime would run back to Cersei when push came to shove, no matter how happy he was with Brienne.

I don't think he did. I think Jamie isn't running back out of love for Cersei but, to kill her. I guess we'll see, I hope I'm right because that's an awful backslide, especially after finding out she sent Bronn to kill him

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Bingo. Cersei will almost certainly lose, but she will make it impossible for Dany to rule afterwards. If Dany goes into KL with Drogon raining fire on everything that moves, she will be seen as mad an unstable as her father. Slaughtering the human shields that Cersei has set up will turn all of Westeros against her.

That was true at the beginning of season 7 but not anymore.  In fact, she could have slaughtered Dany, Tyrion, and Drogon at the end of the episode given the range we've seen on those ballistas but inexplicably chose to hold her fire (maybe she wants to let Dany marinate in misery?).  Secret deal or not Cersei should want Tyrion dead at the end.  History is written by the winners, and killing the Mad King's daughter and her foreign army can be easily spun into a heroic triumph.  The armies of the North shouldn't stand a chance against the GC so pissing off Jon Snow shouldn't be a concern either.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I think from that Jon/Tormund scene (where Tormund implies they could meet again and Jon says he wishes he was going with Tormund) and that tidbit about Kristofer and Kit filming a scene in Randalstown forest where the production put down a very light dusting of fake snow, it seems likely that Jon does end up back in “the real North.” I now doubt it’s a King Jon collecting Ghost and heading back south scenario. It turns out “You’ll never be a kneeler again” may have been foreshadowing for Jon’s endgame after all, just not in the way many took it.

I think this is true of all the instances someone tells Jon he will "never be free," too, but from an ironic standpoint.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm annoyed that it looks that this show that was all about girl power is going to end up with a council run by men. 

Me too. As well as the fact that the two women who have dared throughout the show to question the system and fight for power for themselves (Dany and Cersei) will apparently both be killed because they're "crazy."

Heck, I don't like Cersei at all but it's hard to not have a grudging respect for her. (I'll always be grateful to her for blowing up the sept and putting an end to the endless High Sparrow storyline.)

When season 7 started, I marveled that the show focused on so many strong female characters, most of whom either ruled/semi-ruled their respective kingdoms (Dany, Cersei, Oleanna, Yara, Sansa, the Sand Snakes) or badass female warriors (Brienne, Arya, also Yara and the Snakes). To have this show conclude with a ruling council of men is beyond depressing. 

And if the leaks are correct, the ending IS flat-out depressing, not bittersweet. Most protagonists die? One goes into exile in depression? The dragons all die?

At this point, the only thing I'm happy about is that Ghost will apparently be safe.

The more I read this forum, the less I want to watch till the end.

• Love 14
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, SimoneS said:

Okay, here is the other "leak" I mentioned. I don't want it to be true, but I can't dismiss TSDF leak. I was going to watch episode four, but I am thinking of cutting off HBO tonight. I only get it for GoT because I am not willing to spend the money otherwise.

H

Found it. Thanks Simone

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, anamika said:

Jon should have died with his ADwD book story and it would have actually been a bold move if D&D had stuck with it. Ultimately R+L=J, Ice and fire, PTWP - all of that meant nothing and Jon's parentage is all about Dany, Sansa's hate for her and the fucking Tarlys.

I'm still holding out a tiny sliver of hope that Jon's arc will come to fruition, but as things stand right now, this is unfortunately correct.

1 hour ago, Couver said:

It can't be said enough. Dany should have listened to Olenna from the start. No point in deviating from her nature when she is the villain either way. If she'd taken a strong front as she landed on the continent she would likely still have all her children and her better advisors (Olenna, Yara, Elaria). Instead of the two faced men she's stuck with now who are clearly leading her to destruction.

That's what I find so dissonant about this storyline. They're trying to tell us that Dany is a bad queen because she disagrees with the "wisdom" of these men, but at every turn we've seen that Dany was right and they were very wrong.

1 hour ago, nikma said:

Good post from WOTW

Had there been no books to go by, ‘The Rains Of Castamere’ would have been universally panned. I’m convinced of it. The fact that this episode is so lowly rated is proof of it, IMO. This amount of hate isn’t because of fans feeling like the Euron ambush didn’t make sense and that they should have been aware of him. Or that Cersei should have just killed Dany outside of the gates. Those are reasonable criticisms. But logistical stuff doesn’t drive the majority of fans nuts.

The hate is because of the direction of Dany’s character and where it is headed. The book stans refuse to believe this is straight out of George’s mouth to D&D’s ears. It’s amazing.

And I’m not knocking legitimate criticisms. I’m just claiming that those wouldn’t drive thousands of people to rate it a 1 out of 10. This episode was far better than any episode in season 7, and IMO , the best this season. For it to be regarded as the worst in the show’s history is insane.

I’ll predict next week will probably be rated lower, because some truly crazy Red Wedding-esque shit is about to go down.

This is a weird way to frame the issue, which is not that there's no book to read as a supplement, but that D&D have not written their show to properly set up this storyline. Lots of non-book readers LOVED The Rains of Castemere, because they set it up properly and it made sense whether you had read the books or not. Which is how it is supposed to work.

40 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm annoyed that it looks that this show that was all about girl power is going to end up with a council run by men. 

I've always thought the feminism on this show was shallow and insincere, and this ending is showing us how true that is.

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, aprilbabe said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but spoilers don’t mention Drogon dies. Just that he flies of with her body.

There's a YouTube video from about a week ago that said Drogon get shot/blown up.  It is from a different source so it seems to be speculation.

That said the video was correct about a lot of Episode 4 content as well and lines up with the spoilers.  Could be fleak.

Edited by Azgard12

I just thought of a second thing thing that doesn't make sense about that second set of spoilers. If Sansa and Bran come down to kings landing, who the hell is manning winterfell?

• Love 1
(edited)

Tyrion and Sansa are married and part of/leaders of a democratic council of various houses.

With fire magic and ice magic gone for good, there's no need for Bran to be three eyed raven anymore.

Arya is either dead or escapes to Storms End to be with Gendry, after killing/not killing Cersei.

Jamie and Brienne die separately/together, after killing/not killing Cersei.

Dany dies and her dragon lives/dies, after getting rid of Euron & Kings landing.

Jon dies/retires to the north, after killing Dany.

Edited by tvduser93
Addtext

I will not be finishing this show. I couldn’t bring myself to watch the last episode, and once I read up on what happened in it, I’ve decided to quit while I’m ahead and leave the death of the Night King as my own personal series finale. I feel absolutely betrayed by the creators of the show and by GRRM.

• Love 14

wait. Brienne dies at KL?! Now that pisses me off. It would have been better to kill her off at the Battle of Winterfell. I hope she doesn't go to KL to go seek out Jaime. Fuck that, the greatest knight chasing a guy to her death. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Azgard12 said:

Based on the leaks...

Episode 5:
Varys
Euron
Hound
Mountain
Qyburn

Episode 6:
Jaime (maybe ep 5)
Cersei (maybe ep 5)
Daenerys (maybe ep 5)
Drogon (speculative?)

The Mountain's actor's stunt double is credited for 8x06 as well as 8x05 on IMDB. Scenes can be shuffled around between episodes, and in the past people have messed with the entries on IMDB to include fake things, but usually the stunt double information is accurate.

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It was speculated before the season that the reason Sansa's Girl Power was getting hyped up by all the cast and crew was that she would be the only (politically) powerful female character left standing at the end, and that is looking more and more likely (apart from Yara, that is).

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, NightOwl89 said:

I feel absolutely betrayed by the creators of the show and by GRRM.

He made a post today on his "It's not a blog."

That's some passive-aggressive shit right there. He doesn't mention the show once, but damn! His comments about Endgame feel like a direct jab at D&D.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Azgard12 said:

Based on the leaks...

Episode 5:
Varys
Euron
Hound
Mountain
Qyburn

Episode 6:
Jaime (maybe ep 5)
Cersei (maybe ep 5)
Daenerys (maybe ep 5)
Drogon (speculative?)

The Mountain's actor's stunt double is credited for 8x06 as well as 8x05 on IMDB. Scenes can be shuffled around between episodes, and in the past people have messed with the entries on IMDB to include fake things, but usually the stunt double information is accurate.

Edited by Eyes High
3 hours ago, Chiny11 said:

Lmao.... 

It's funny I admit, but I din't see it until my 3rd watch and only because FF made such a big deal of it.

2 seconds, out of 80 minutes, they can spank the camera man, props supervisor, Emillia, or the director.

I concentrated on the characters; that's why I missed it.

I got the DVD of Excalibur, and they have a knight coming down stairs with a cigarette in his hands. LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, tvduser93 said:

Why isn't Dany pushing for her and Jon to be co-rulers?

Yup, she could have proposed that he be her consort, which could possibly have worked, since he does love her and doesn't want to rule himself. But no, because that would've undermined D&D's dumbass "Mad Queen" plans for her. This is the same woman who made a political marriage to that dude in Essos, but now it's somehow not even on the table with a guy she actually loves. Instead, she's made out to be so completely insecure and threatened by Jon's popularity with the Northerners and Wildlings that she doesn't even want him to reveal his parentage, much less partner with her on any level. 

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I've had this strange feeling since last season that Cercei isn't pregnant, but has a tumor growing inside her. It would be both symbolic and a physical reason that's she going a little mad.

KL version of Queen Mary.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

That does seem the most likely.  I am still hoping for something better then the leaks.

22 minutes ago, tvduser93 said:

Why isn't Dany pushing Jon to be co-rulers?

Because she doesn't want to share, they covered it 3 times last night, 4 if you include her whole I'm a Tyrant killer that sounds just like a tyrant speech to Varys.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, spaceghostess said:

Yup, she could have proposed that he be her consort, which could possibly have worked, since he does love her and doesn't want to rule himself. But no, because that would've undermined D&D's dumbass "Mad Queen" plans for her. This is the same woman who made a political marriage to that dude in Essos, but now it's somehow not even on the table with a guy she actually loves. Instead, she's made out to be so completely insecure and threatened by Jon's popularity with the Northerners and Wildlings that she doesn't even want him to reveal his parentage, much less partner with her on any level. 

She also told Daario she was leaving him in Meeren because If I’m going to rule in Westeros, I’ll need to make alliances. The best way to make alliances is with marriage

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He made a post today on his "It's not a blog."

That's some passive-aggressive shit right there. He doesn't mention the show once, but damn! His comments about Endgame feel like a direct jab at D&D.

He is the last person who has any right to complain about anything. 

25 minutes ago, tvduser93 said:

Because she is too power hungry. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, spaceghostess said:

HE is the legitimate heir, not her.  The country knows him, they don't know her. 

If someone was to be "consort" it would be her, not him.

Aside from that, while Dany is fine with incest, Jon is obviously not.

I think there is a difference between "mad meaning insane" and "mad meaning temper."  I honestly hope they do not go the completely insane route with her, even though it certainly runs in her family, and tends to come out later in life. 

Conquering Westeros was never going to be easy, she was always going to have massive losses, so I don't see that as some kind of conspiracy to "make her mad."  It's how she handles it that matters.  She seems resentful and angry that her new "subjects" don't automatically love her, and that rather than hailing the return of dragons and Targs they support those they actually know.

That does not bode well for Dany, she's more concerned about HER rights than anything else, which, to me, makes sense in many ways.  She's finally at the end of her quest, and things are not going well.  It's upsetting.  She thought she'd be greeted with love and flowers, isn't that the tale told by her brother and adopted by her way back in season one?

Cersei is evil.  The show Cersei is less evil, which has always annoyed me, but she's still evil.

Both women would probably have millions of their "subjects" burned to death in order to win that throne. 

I'm hoping for a different kind of Westeros, not just a rewind back to when the Targs were in power.  I want that wheel broken, and that throne destroyed.

I always liked Dany, but I could also clearly see that she has issues.  As I said before, her single minded resolve was impressive, but the other side of that?  Was dangerous and self aggrandizing. 

I'm not big into inherited power or even wealth, so for me, this ending works, and could work well.  Thousands and thousands of pages all to just hit the rewind button and have no progress?

I don't believe GRRM would bother writing such a thing.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Constantinople said:

She also told Daario she wa leaving him in Meeren because If I’m going to rule in Westeros, I’ll need to make alliances. The best way to make alliances is with marriage

Marriage yes, she's still in charge. Marriage to a guy who is the rightful heir to the throne she believes is hers by divine right? No way in hell. Dany will NOT share her power, she said it herself twice (802/804) nd the Tyrion/Varys conversation in 804 covered it twice.

• Love 10
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

She also told Daario she was leaving him in Meeren because If I’m going to rule in Westeros, I’ll need to make alliances. The best way to make alliances is with marriage

I don't think it's difficult to understand. The writers want her to be unreasonable and stupid. End of story.

Forget everything she said in the past seasons. The Dany version the writers are pushing for is the one everyone around her is scared she'll turn out to be.

It's dishonest writing, plain and simple.

Dany sort of forgot about Euron and his fleet? Really?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 15

She is not legitimate heir at all, she just conviced herself that she is savior of the world. 

She should just give up on that Throne and leave Westeros with Jon. Return to Meereen or something. But she is just too power hungry.

Why she even wants that Throne at this point? People in Westeros don't like her, maybe even don't deserve her. Return to Meereen and be done with this. 

She is like female Stannis at this point. She thinks she has divine purpose to save eveyrone and that's just not healthy way to look at yourself. 

• Love 7

And it makes complete sense that person that built cult of personality around herself will fail at the end. That's just wrong. It's not normal to think you have divine purpose. 

And she was the only character in this show to talk about herself in third person. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Moxie Cat said:

And if the leaks are correct, the ending IS flat-out depressing, not bittersweet. Most protagonists die? One goes into exile in depression? The dragons all die?

At this point, the only thing I'm happy about is that Ghost will apparently be safe.

The more I read this forum, the less I want to watch till the end.

Well, Gilly's pregnant, although Jon's sad little "I hope it's a girl" when they say they want to name the child Jon if it's a boy was beyond depressing.

I don't mind the idea of Jon ending up with the wildlings per se, it's just the whole Frodo treatment that's going to be really hard to take. On the other hand, having Jon end up alone in the North avoids the pesky questions like how long Jon will live now that he's been resurrected, whether he could even father children, etc. etc.

I really do look forward to Jon telling Sansa, Tyrion and everyone else who will undoubtedly be lining up to crown him king and solve all their problems in 8x06 to go fuck themselves, though. Despite the horrible trauma that will result in this attitude, there will be something weirdly satisfying about Jon saying to all the people eager to use him for their own ends "Fuck it and fuck you, I'm out."

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 8
(edited)

This guy claims to be a crewmember and answered some questions. Doesn't say much, but says that the Jaime dies With Cersei spoiler is true, but the Bran as head of a council one is fake. 

He says that Drogon should wear armour next Episode, so this might a detail where we can see if he's genuine. 

Also claims that many different endings for Arya were shot. In None of them is she married to Gendry, but in one of them she lives With Gendry unmarried.

He also says that as far as he knows no information about Episode 6 was leaked.

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

This guy claims to be a crewmember and answered some questions. Doesn't say much, but says that the Jaime dies With Cersei spoiler is true, but the Bran as head of a council one is fake. 

He says that Drogon should wear armour next Episode, so this might a detail where we can see if he's genuine.

It's funny how there was radio silence on Freefolk for months and now that we're into the season all these people start crawling out of the woodwork suddenly claiming to have leaks. This guy doesn't say very much but keeps talking about how multiple endings were filmed.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I really do look forward to Jon telling Sansa, Tyrion and everyone else who will undoubtedly be lining up to crown him king and solve all their problems in 8x06 to go fuck themselves, though

Lol. This will be great. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

It's funny how there was radio silence on Freefolk for months and now that we're into the season all these people start crawling out of the woodwork suddenly claiming to have leaks.

Indeed. Though this one claimed that he only did so because of the negative comments about the leaks. Which would be a reason.

• Love 3
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Marriage yes, she's still in charge. Marriage to a guy who is the rightful heir to the throne she believes is hers by divine right? No way in hell. Dany will NOT share her power, she said it herself twice (802/804) nd the Tyrion/Varys conversation in 804 covered it twice.

48 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

HE is the legitimate heir, not her.  The country knows him, they don't know her. 

Point taken that Jon might not get past the aunt/nephew issue, but I was never convinced it was a guaranteed dealbreaker. Anyway, I should have qualified my original statement:  ". . . could possibly have worked if she weren't now being presented as completely power mad and seeing everyone as a potential threat to her rule," is what I was getting at but didn't properly express. Rolling the idea out in a conversation with Jon (as Tyrion still did in his conversation with Varys even though they ended up agreeing it wasn't workable) at least would have made her seem more reasonable, and less the squirrelly weirdo she was in 8.04 (and apparently has been all along; stupid me just didn't realize it). I never saw her as unwilling to share power (not 50/50) with someone she trusted--even the true, on-paper, heir--especially if he doesn't really want the power and is devoted to her.  If this was so clearly shown over the past 7 seasons, why was it necessary to put words in Dany and other characters' mouths about it now?

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nikma said:

shooting many different endings never made any sense to me, so I think this is another fleaker. 

I could see them shooting multiple endings on scenes that require no CGI, for example, scenes that take place in one room/set with the same people.  All that would require is a change of dialogue and action, not costume changes, etc.  They could bring different extras in, leave them completely out, things like that.

It could be done cheaply, if sets, make up, costumes remained the same, and the only change was in words and action.  These could also be small but important scenes, which last only a few minutes.

31 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think there is a difference between "mad meaning insane" and "mad meaning temper."  I honestly hope they do not go the completely insane route with her, even though it certainly runs in her family, and tends to come out later in life. 

Conquering Westeros was never going to be easy, she was always going to have massive losses, so I don't see that as some kind of conspiracy to "make her mad."  It's how she handles it that matters.  She seems resentful and angry that her new "subjects" don't automatically love her, and that rather than hailing the return of dragons and Targs they support those they actually know.

That does not bode well for Dany, she's more concerned about HER rights than anything else, which, to me, makes sense in many ways.  She's finally at the end of her quest, and things are not going well.  It's upsetting.  She thought she'd be greeted with love and flowers, isn't that the tale told by her brother and adopted by her way back in season one?

Cersei is evil.  The show Cersei is less evil, which has always annoyed me, but she's still evil.

Both women would probably have millions of their "subjects" burned to death in order to win that throne. 

I'm hoping for a different kind of Westeros, not just a rewind back to when the Targs were in power.  I want that wheel broken, and that throne destroyed.

I always liked Dany, but I could also clearly see that she has issues.  As I said before, her single minded resolve was impressive, but the other side of that?  Was dangerous and self aggrandizing. 

I'm not big into inherited power or even wealth, so for me, this ending works, and could work well.  Thousands and thousands of pages all to just hit the rewind button and have no progress?

I don't believe GRRM would bother writing such a thing.

I just don't see the supposed ending going over well, especially with all the buildup for john.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Edit: This should have been one post. Sorry.

I believe that is right because I noticed no shots of Drogon in this episode preview.

• Love 2

If this leaker is legit, the most telling things they're saying are extremely vague, but unsurprising:

• No major ep 6 scenes have yet leaked
  • "It’s awful how they wrote the strong women."
  • "If you think this has a happy ending you haven’t been paying attention."
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

That was true at the beginning of season 7 but not anymore.  In fact, she could have slaughtered Dany, Tyrion, and Drogon at the end of the episode given the range we've seen on those ballistas but inexplicably chose to hold her fire (maybe she wants to let Dany marinate in misery?).  Secret deal or not Cersei should want Tyrion dead at the end.  History is written by the winners, and killing the Mad King's daughter and her foreign army can be easily spun into a heroic triumph.  The armies of the North shouldn't stand a chance against the GC so pissing off Jon Snow shouldn't be a concern either.

I dunno; the way these two lazyasses construct a story, the G.C. could be all comprised of heavy sleepers who forget to set their alarms, and Jon single-handedly stabs them all in their sleep. Once you set "she forgot" as your standard to produce the desired character behavior and outcome, literally anything could happen, and if we know anything for sure, it is that the two lazyasses won't be held back by a sense of shame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, spaceghostess said:

Point taken that Jon might not get past the aunt/nephew issue, but I was never convinced it was a guaranteed dealbreaker.

Me either.  He was pretty into that kiss until his brain took over.  I think if given some time to process everything, he might realize it isn't that big of a deal to him since he does love Dany.  Of course, now the option of giving him time is out since "crazy Dany" is showing her "true colors." /sarcasm

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, domina89 said:

Me either.  He was pretty into that kiss until his brain took over.  I think if given some time to process everything, he might realize it isn't that big of a deal to him since he does love Dany.  Of course, now the option of giving him time is out since "crazy Dany" is showing her "true colors." /sarcasm

He was also drunk in the scene as he stated and shown when he had a little wobble in his walk. So yeah drunk Jon gets turned on and into a kiss until he remembers shit, she's my aunt and sobers the fuck up right away. 

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Also claims that many different endings for Arya were shot. In None of them is she married to Gendry, but in one of them she lives With Gendry unmarried.

He also says that as far as he knows no information about Episode 6 was leaked.

Edit: This should have been one post. Sorry.

That sounds hopeful.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvduser93 said:

Oh, don't you know?  - "She’s too strong for him. She’ll bend him to her will.”

Dany's just too strong of a woman for Jon. Jon needs those weak women.

And apparently it's okay for Varys, Tyrion and Sansa to manipulate Jon into positions of power unlike strong woman Dany.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, anamika said:

So did D&D let us know why this episode is called 'The last Starks'? Is the implication here that this house is basically done for after this generation with Jon letting the other three know that he is Targaryen? Arya seems to have said her goodbyes and left, Bran is now the 3ER and Sansa dislikes everyone and wants to rule solo.

On the Targaryen front, looks like Tyrion is the Lannister who survives and continues on Tywin's line. Gendry looks to be continuing house Baratheon over at Storm's end.

If Jon kills Dany and then fucks off into the Wilderness with Ghost and Tormund, then house Targaryen is also over.

So looks like Starks and Targaryens are finished with this generation.

They literally say in the episode “we’re the last Stark” (Bran, Sansa, Arya and Jon until the reveal).

They’re not the last of the House. It can always continue though Sansa or Arya but Bran can probably live thousands of years like the previous TER tbh.

It’s very Dune. God Emperor Leto Atreides II is infertile and takes the throne but his sister continues the Atreides line with a paramour while Leto rules for thousands of years 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Jon finally petting and hugging Ghost at the end of 3 seasons must be the sweet part of the bittersweet ending.

All things considered, that's really not a bad ending for Jon. In the books, GRRM beautifully describes the lands beyond the wall as Jon falls in love with both the place and Ygritte. Unlike the Jon-Ygritte romcom on the show, in the books, it is melancholy and beautiful as Jon learns about another culture and falls in love - that was the whole point of 'You know nothing Jon Snow'.

Jon ending back there, among people he loves, with Ghost - who is a part of him and free from all the folks trying to use him would be a good ending.

It's just poor Dany. After working so hard all her life for this after a terrible, shit childhood with Viserys - to end this way? That's just tragic and sad and undeserved. 

But I guess, I could take the positive of it as Dany fighting till the end for what she wanted when she started out. And not just setting up house with Jon and little babies. She's been one of those unique characters in fantasy and I guess going out this way, after giving it her all and being a dragon, is better then ending up a housewife.

• Love 16