Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E29: Ticket To Ride

• Start Topic

Oh, sweet baby Jesus.  WHAT is that hair "style" on Donna?  I just... I mean really.  Who came up with that concept, thought it looked good, and doubled down on it by adding baby barrettes?  And why didn't the director or a producer or someone with EYES not just say "no, I'm going to veto this hair don't.  Go take the braids out and come back to the set looking like an actual person."  Gah.

I stopped watching this near the end of season 5 so I really had no idea how bad the hair was going to get.  Y'all warned me but actually seeing this...it broke me.  I may have to look at some pictures of Brenda's awesome season 2 hair just to recover.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sarah gets my eternal love for making a Dan Fielding reference. And if I learned anything from Night Court, it's that flight attendant was the sluttiest profession of the 1980's.

I realized when looking at these visual aids that Brandon and Trump have the same air of unearned arrogance with the facial expressions to match. I'd like to know if that's what the writers intended or if that was Jason Priestly's decision.

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 3

Bullshit Clare has no common sense, despite dating Steve. She was right about Kelly's cocaine, Colin, Tara, and even Val back in the Ray Pruit days. Some would say that Clare is the only one of these people that has a shred of common sense.

• Love 5

For a guy who is soon to go away to prison for two years, Colin sure likes to sit around his apartment, prison-style. Can't he go get food with Val? Shouldn't they go walk around on the beach or something, enjoy nature? He is such a little bitch.

• Love 4

"pre-prison panic farts"

And now I'm choking to death on a dumpling.  The soy sauce is burning my nose.  Where's my damn Diet Coke?

Susan is far too good for Brandon.

I think I've made it clear that I loathe Kelly, but damn, that hairstyle really works for her.  Very attractive.

I rocked plaits a couple of times in the 90s.  Not a good look, but man, I thought I looked awesome.  I also did baby barrettes, but not with the plaits.

(looking for a bottle of Gap Dream and digging out my New Radicals CD)

• Love 2

I had completely forgotten about Steve's fall, and watching it made me relive just how hard I laughed the first time I saw it at age 12. And because I was a kid, I immediately felt bad for laughing when I realized it was supposed to be serious. Guess what though? I don't feel bad anymore.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

(looking for a bottle of Gap Dream and digging out my New Radicals CD)

Tokyo Milk's perfume Everything & Nothing is a dupe for that discontinued scent. It's the Orange Blossom and white floral notes. I have the rollerball. 

Donna's face is too long and not chiseled enough to pull off that hair style. Wasn't Poetic Justice out at that time? I mean she's no Janet.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Tokyo Milk's perfume Everything & Nothing is a dupe for that discontinued scent. It's the Orange Blossom and white floral notes. I have the rollerball. 

Will you marry me?  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

OMG! Gap Dream (and Heaven) were my favorite scents and I was so bummed when they got discontinued.  Ok, I'm going to Sephora now to find this. 

I sadly remember those baby barrettes very clearly.  My hair is so thick that I needed to put only 3 strands of hair before the whole barrette would burst open- even as a kid. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

OMG! Gap Dream (and Heaven) were my favorite scents and I was so bummed when they got discontinued.  Ok, I'm going to Sephora now to find this. 

I sadly remember those baby barrettes very clearly.  My hair is so thick that I needed to put only 3 strands of hair before the whole barrette would burst open- even as a kid. 

Man, I'm jealous. Never will I have any perspective on the '90s kid barrette trend, because I was so relieved that there were clips to fit my baby-fine hair, after years of bananas and alligators! 

Can anyone recommend a doppelganger for Naturistics Sea Splash??? 

Re: the ep itself. I haaaaaaated this ep so much and still do. I wasn't as aware of the misogyny & nonsense on this show in real time, probably not fully until I read the Danny Drennan recaps, but even back in the day I was like what in the actual fuck. Susan was the best and I'm so glad she was freed from Brandon's ambivalent clutches so she could become Anya!

• Love 1
On 5/25/2017 at 11:40 PM, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Yeah, felon in a ficus literally made me laugh out loud on the bus.   Would buy that T-shirt. 

I wonder if people would think it was a Sean Spicer reference. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

So basically this season Kelly, Brandon, Donna, and Dylan all get new love interests...none of whom last into next season.

On TV shows, it's amazing how many breakups happen in May, & how many hookups start in September. Look at all of the May hookups/last flings that I can think of off of the top of my head for our fair show:

1. Dylan/Brenda

2. David/Ariel

3. Kelly/Dylan

4. David/Claire

5. Kelly/Brandon

6. Susan/Brandon

7. Kelly/Colin/Val

8. Donna/Joe

9. Claire/Steve

That's all I can think of, as far as endings in May. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but those are the highlights for me.

19 hours ago, BBHN said:

I'm guessing you mean David/Donna? Unless sidepieces count ;)

Side-pieces totally count! I really did mean David/Ariel, as they had a May-only fling, thanks to the crabs, but I guess technically, Donna/David also broke up in May, due to the D/A fling in the limo, so I should have added them as well. May was not a good month for Young Silver, as Brando would say.