Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E10: Week 10: The Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

I feel like Normani was let down by the Freestyle.  Was that just a way to introduce Dwts Junior?  I thought it was really lackluster and didn't feel like a freestyle.

David's free was predictable but the baseball vote carried him this far.  It did have clever moments.

Rashad's was fine, kind of predictable as well.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dance experts, please educate me! The Viennese Waltz. I've always been of the belief that it's supposed to be flowy and pretty and almost ethereal with lots of arm movements and spins. Lately, it seems like every VW (bug) has been rather fast. I would go as far as to call David's dance frantic. Am I confusing the VW (bus) with other dances, like a traditional waltz or the rhumba? Have I never seen a proper VW (Golf)?

Seriously, Val. I know Normani has a banging body but since when do people wear a body stocking from Frederick's of Hollywood instead of the long skirt? And I honestly thought that her freestyle was going to be an advertisement for DWTS: Juniors until they didn't say anything about the kids. On the upside, after tomorrow night, I'll no longer type Normandy and then automatically correct myself when writing her name. 

Rashad definitely peaked with his redemption dance. I know freestyles are going to get 10s across the board unless someone seriously fucks up but in a normal week, that awkward lift/dismount he did with Emma would have docked him a point and not being in sync with the troupe would have dinged him another point. 

I think I prefer freestyles like David's and Rashad's versus Normani. I like the goofy, fun "we've worked hard for weeks, this is like the after party" type dances versus the emotional "look how I've grown as a person" type dances. 

Just think, everybody! After tomorrow night, we'll have a long break before our ears are assaulted by the house band again. Yay!

ETA: Also, can we have a moratorium on Uptown Funk? Just... in general, not just on this show? Holy overplayed song of the past two years. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

Normani's freestyle was an intro to DWTS Juniors. It was also pretty ... but boring. Not sure how it encompasses her journey other than ... to stay positive and spread live and happiness? But I'm not sure that's special to Normani.

I'll give Lindsay credit, she choreographs interesting freestyles. I'm still a fan of his attitude about the whole thing.

I'm mostly looking forward to the big party that happens in the first 2 hours of tomorrow's finale. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Rashad but the praise was over the top tonight. Those who love the phrase "tongue-bath", he definitely got one tonight. The first dance was perfect and deserved the 40. That freestyle though was kind of a mess to me. Really out of sync at times and it was clear Emma is uncomfortable with that style of dance. Simone's look from the audience when Julianne called it iconic was my same reaction. He got the winners edit tonight.

David, I actually LOVED his freestyle! Lindsay really knows how to make her partners shine. The first dance was typical mediocre David but he definitely turned it up a notch with the freestyle. Lindsay always has a real special connection with her partners and she's always a joy to watch. David, while he's overstayed his welcome, is really a lovely man. It was nice to get to know him.

Normani, a victim of her own greatness. The nitpicking has been annoying for the past couple of weeks. She needs to be perfect for 10s while the others just need to be better than last week. I did agree with the body contact critique in the Quickstep. The I loved the freestyle and actually got teary eyed, especially in light of today's events. It was very fitting. Also kinda teared up when she thanked the judges and everyone associated with the show for helping her find her light.

Final Predictions:

Winner: Rashad

Runner Up: Normani

(These two can flip)

Third Place: David

This was a very strange season and honestly not very enjoyable. Glad it's coming to an end.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 6
(edited)

Lindsay killed that freestyle. As a Cubs fans there were lots of little nods  to the World Series including David not being able to get over the dugout rail and being carried off the field.

Rashad's VW was hot. Like really hot. Whoo.

I think Emma's feeling the pressure because she's never had a legitimate contender and doesn't know when she might get another one.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 7

I'd just like to point out that tonight marked Emma's first perfect score.  Emma never saw a 10 or a perfect score until this season and she's been on the show for how long?  Is that a reason for Rashad to win?  Probably not.  But I'd love to see Emma react to a win.

• Love 7

I'm a little let down by Rashad's freestyle only because Emma turned the middle into liftapalooza. That said, his and David's were more interesting to me than Normani's.

Not gonna lie, Rashad is the guy I'd want to go out to the club with. Guy's got rhythm.

We'll see who the judges deem the winner tomorrow night with their scores for the stupid fusion dances.

• Love 1

Disgusted by how Normani was treated tonight. They put her in the middle between two high produced freestyles, both of David and Rashad got out of sync with the troupe at times but they both got "good for you that was fun" 40's.

Normani gets knocked 2 points for her Quickstep for her outfit? So they basically said, if you wore a skit I wouldn't have mentioned anything and given you a 10.

She gets the only style that truly needed a redemption and David got another standard Ballroom dance that he's basically been doing all season, and Rashad got a style that got a tied top of the leaderboard in week 2? Where's the redemption in that?

Yes, please tell me how it's rigged for Normani and TPTB is pulling for her to win? Please, enlighten me.

• Love 6

Loved both Rashad and David's Freestyles!  Emma and Lindsay have outdone themselves this season.   Hopefully these two ladies will get the recognition they deserve.  They both took partners with no dance experience and brought them to the finals.

• Love 8

Rashad was in it to win it!

His first dance was lovely and the freestyle was memorable

Rashad for the win!!!! 

1 minute ago, smiley13 said:

Loved both Rashad and David's Freestyles!  Emma and Lindsay have outdone themselves this season.   Hopefully these two ladies will get the recognition they deserve.  They both took partners with no dance experience and brought them to the finals.

well said..hated Normanis body suit dance.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Disgusted by how Normani was treated tonight. They put her in the middle between two high produced freestyles, both of David and Rashad got out of sync with the troupe at times but they both got "good for you that was fun" 40's.

Well, freestyle seems to automatically equal perfect score unless there's a major mistake, like dropping your partner when lifting her. But rather than be offended, consider it a palate cleanser? It was like the sorbet in between two other courses. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

I zoned out a lot trying to keep up on reddit with what's going on over in England.

What I did pay attention to was primarily the freestyles. 

Normani: Val probably just robbed them both of the mirrorball. What a meh freestyle. I wish the pros would stop going for these heartstring freestyle dances. As much skill as Normani possesses, she should have come out dancing to Run the World by Beyoncé or I Am Woman by Jordin Sparks. Bring the sass not the sad. 

David & Rashad's freestyles are what this round is all about for me. They showcased the best of the star in their "element" and were fun and eye catching. I give Lindsay so many props for the freestyles she has choreographed over the past few years. She deserves a ringer at some point. I think Emma will get her first mirrorball trophy tomorrow night. 

I personally don't care who wins at this point, I think anyone who makes it to the final show deserves to win. They all put in the work. I still think it would be the greatest upset of all time for David to win though. It would be great to watch the commentators on Facebook slowly lose their minds. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Dance experts, please educate me! The Viennese Waltz. I've always been of the belief that it's supposed to be flowy and pretty and almost ethereal with lots of arm movements and spins. Lately, it seems like every VW (bug) has been rather fast. I would go as far as to call David's dance frantic. Am I confusing the VW (bus) with other dances, like a traditional waltz or the rhumba? Have I never seen a proper VW (Golf)?

Well, it should definitely have flow to it, but the trick is that tempo-wise - it's actually one of the fastest dances there is.  So it's *very* easy for it to become hectic.  For what it *should* look like, I heartily recommend looking up some pro smooth on youtube.  Emerald always puts up high quality video.  I'd recommend starting there.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Well, freestyle seems to automatically equal perfect score unless there's a major mistake, like dropping your partner when lifting her. But rather than be offended, consider it a palate cleanser? It was like the sorbet in between two other courses. 

I thought the first part of her freestyle looked like one of her dances before..and it was okay, not great. 

Normani: Val probably just robbed them both of the mirrorball. What a meh freestyle

Trust Val

2 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

So they basically said, if you wore a skit I wouldn't have mentioned anything and given you a 10.

It was more like they said "you had some flaws that we could see because unfortunately you're wearing a body stocking and we can't ignore that, sorry". Which makes sense, considering she didn't improve on her body contact from week one. 

The pros use distraction techniques all the time to try to disguise their celeb's shortcomings for higher scores. I don't agree, but it's a strategy and at this point I fault Val for not doing the same. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani gets knocked 2 points for her Quickstep for her outfit? So they basically said, if you wore a skit I wouldn't have mentioned anything and given you a 10.

She gets the only style that truly needed a redemption and David got another standard Ballroom dance that he's basically been doing all season, and Rashad got a style that got a tied top of the leaderboard in week 2? Where's the redemption in that?

Yes, please tell me how it's rigged for Normani and TPTB is pulling for her to win? Please, enlighten me.

I don't think tonight was rigged for Normani but a few things...of course Normani was going to go in the middle when she had the only slower freestyle and the other two had higher energy/bigger productions.  That only makes sense.  Not to mention I'm pretty sure the winner of the last three or so seasons danced 2nd on night one of the finale, not last.  Also unless you completely bungle the freestyle, everyone gets a perfect score these days.

As for the quickstep, Normani is an amazing dancer no matter what so I don't think giving her a quickstep was sabotage.  However the costuming is Val's fault.  This isn't the first time he's put a female in pants for quickstep and I think pants on a female in quickstep is always a mistake.  It highlights the flaws and the dance no longer looks like flowy fun...it just looks like two people running around around on bent legs.  So should the judges take off for that? I don't know...but Val stupidly chose the costumes and he miscalculated on that one.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, McManda said:

It was more like they said "you had some flaws that we could see because unfortunately you're wearing a body stocking and we can't ignore that, sorry". Which makes sense, considering she didn't improve on her body contact from week one. 

The pros use distraction techniques all the time to try to disguise their celeb's shortcomings for higher scores. I don't agree, but it's a strategy and at this point I fault Val for not doing the same. 

It's still ridiculous that they offed a point for costuming, yet Julianne gave David and Normani a 9. Not to mention the overall edit Rashad got was that of a winner. "he's never won anything in his life?", please! He won a spot on an NFL team! Gimme a break.

Hopefully tomorrow's result and this season in general shuts up the "omg, female ringers, nooooooo" audience and shows that they don't win.

2 minutes ago, judemorrigan said:

Well, it should definitely have flow to it, but the trick is that tempo-wise - it's actually one of the fastest dances there is.  So it's *very* easy for it to become hectic.  For what it *should* look like, I heartily recommend looking up some pro smooth on youtube.  Emerald always puts up high quality video.  I'd recommend starting there.

Thanks! I'll check some out. It's the one dance that consistently makes me scratch my head because I have this image of what it's supposed to be in my head but it's vastly different from what I see on the show. Clearly I'm uneducated despite watching this show from the first season.

1 minute ago, F. M. said:

I thought the first part of her freestyle looked like one of her dances before..and it was okay, not great. 

I would agree. It didn't seem any more special than a normal late week dance other than the kidlets joining them. I was just trying to give it a friendly spin because I could see why the producers sandwiched her between two fun and fast freestyles. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Finally the Finale!  This has been the dullest season!  I'll see it through tomorrow but Jeez Louise!  TPTB gotta pick it up - get some creativity going on.  Loyal since season 5 but man! Changes are needed STAT!

Redemption

David:  A real effort at smoothness.  His butt is still sticking out and frame needs work but I suspect he knows he's playing for 3rd and no matter what he does, he'll get it.  Scores? Could have used more 9s but I think they're trying to ensure 3rd place.   He's got to have a pretty strong fan base for them to go that low. (Yes, I do believe they (or at least Len) are informed about voting stats and told how to score.  TPTB have a need to be right and they can't have 4 judges going in different directions according to their preferences.)

Normani:  As I recall, her first quickstep was a fusion of minimal quickstep and maximum whatever else.  Aaaand once again, a little quickstep and alot of whatever else.  Could drive a truck between them.  JH: a "little bit" of a lack of body contact?  One of the poorest quicksteps ever.  Waaaay overscored. I'd have given it 7s since Val assumed he could get away with this again - and he did.  At least David tried his best to do the dance assigned.   (Reminded me of Shawn + Derek's redemption dance, also a quickstep.  IMO they lost because Derek purposely chose to thumb his nose at Len's notes and the viewers didn't appreciate his hubris.)

Rashad:  Nice job. Not quite as smooth as I'd like but Emma was wise to keep his moves simplified and emphasized his long stretching limbs.  His feet looked much better too.  The scores might be a bit high but I'm happy for them.

Freestyle

David:  Very cute. A nod to his humility with his going under the barricade.  And a couple times it looked like he let out a laugh while dancing.  Come on!  Give the guy some 10s! (btw, were the ladies wearing sneaker heels? Like them.)  Finally! His first 10s of the whole season. Well deserved!

Normani:  That was the closest to a standard ballroom (with lifts added) dance that she's done all season.  One of Val's weaknesses is his falling apart with freestyles so I guess he chose to stay away from anything too creative (or Jenna's not handy to help him out).  A little confused.  She's 20 and she's passing on her wisdom to the next generation? Ok.  Aaaaand it's a 10 fest!

Rashad:  Arghhh! Those flashing lights! A fun upbeat dance.  A moment out of sync but enjoyed it.  Why do they always have to rush at the end?  And another 10 fest. 

I think they've made it clear that they want David third and with their final scores tomorrow (after knowing the viewer votes) they'll make it happen.  So the choice is down to Rashad or Normani, or, if you will, Emma or Val.  I'd love to see Rashad with this and I'd be thrilled for Emma!  

Edited by Uke
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Archery said:

Rashad's freestyle was the one I rewound and watched again immediately.

So did I!

11 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani has gotten a tongue bath from the judges since about mid season. No critique, no ways to improve, just perfect 10s from Carrie Ann and Bruno since Week 5. Even the professional dancer didn't get that much pimping.

3 minutes ago, McManda said:

The smoke on the floor where you can't see their feet drives me insane.

• Love 6

Also just an aside, but it's rumored that Rashad is now going on the DWTS tour.  It hasn't been officially announced but Artem accidentally said something in a livestream to fans that made folks think that.  So if tonight, editing was back on Rashad's side I think it might be partly that.  The show loves being able to advertise their winner being on tour.

I don't think Normani is out of this though.  Her fans are probably the most invested (and slightly insane) fans I've ever seen.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

It's still ridiculous that they offed a point for costuming,

The points off came frm the lack of body contact, not the costuming. Could they have gotten a higher score with better costuming? Sure, because a flowy skirt would hide the lack of body contact. Val should have known he needed to fix one or the other, and it's not the first time a celeb's scores have gotten dinged  for their pro's oversight. It sucks but it'll happen again.

5 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Hopefully tomorrow's result and this season in general shuts up the "omg, female ringers, nooooooo" audience and shows that they don't win.

Nicole Scherzhinger would like to disagree. I think it's more a sign that people are tired of the ringers, female or not.

• Love 3

Normani is done.

She's 3 points behind Rashad, only time someone won like that was Nyle over Paige and he was only 2 points down. Everyone gets a congratulations 40 tomorrow so that won't change.

I hate the tour, hate it, hate it. It's always of you're on it, you're gonna win, if you're not, you're gonna lose. Sick of it!

I'm a dance lover and love seeing good dancing and i'm sorry that 95% of the time, it's from female celebs and this season in particular ruined any hope I had of this season being good or the right person winning.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just want to point out that Julianne scored Normani's redemption dance with the same paddle that she scored David's. No one gets to drop their jaw if he wins tomorrow. You could drive a truck between the gap in quality between their dances.

What a blah night. The scores were total BS and the dances felt cobbled together with little passion. Nothing like Mark's Super Mario routine or Meryl and Maks' Sam Smith dance that brought me to tears. I was tempted to polish my bedroom furniture and call it a night.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 1
Just now, bealled said:

They definitely gave Rashad a winners edit tonight so hopefully that shuts up some of the Normani haters. 

I'd honestly be lying if I said it wasn't a bit refreshing after having Normani get the same treatment every week since week three or so.

• Love 7

PureDWTS is living right now and I can't handle their celebration that'll occur tomorrow.

I swear Val ran over their puppy or something. They have this intense hatred for him and any partner he has.

Rashad had many 2 standout weeks this whole season so he'll win because of that I guess?

I didn't love any of the freestyles. Normani's was technically the best. No surprise. She's the best dancer remaining. I did not care for David's. There wasn't enough dance content, and it was a bit boring in my opinion. And he's still a bad dancer. I appreciate the work and attitude though. I enjoyed Rashad's, but it could have been cleaner and the lifts were messy. 

Rashad will probably win. 

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani is done.

She's 3 points behind Rashad, only time someone won like that was Nyle over Paige and he was only 2 points down. Everyone gets a congratulations 40 tomorrow so that won't change.

I hate the tour, hate it, hate it. It's always of you're on it, you're gonna win, if you're not, you're gonna lose. Sick of it!

I'm a dance lover and love seeing good dancing and i'm sorry that 95% of the time, it's from female celebs and this season in particular ruined any hope I had of this season being good or the right person winning.

There is no right person winning IMO on a viewer voted dance show that tells folks to vote for their favorites.  Also Alec went on tour a few seasons ago, so while they want a winner, it doesn't always happen.  

Also I can't stand Pure either, but how is their display any worse than what Normani's fans are doing on twitter.  Her fans have been attacking anyone that posts support for Rashad or David all day.   Over the top fans are over the top fans.  

Personally I don't feel like any of the freestyles were that great or memorable this season, so I don't think anybody is getting robbed based on tonight.  If Val threw out amazing choreography tonight and made better choices, then I could get behind feeling cheated by Normani's scores or what not.

I also still don't think Normani is out of this.  If any fans will stay up and vote all night it is her fans, and they are more motivated than ever.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I just want to point out that Julianne scored Normani's redemption dance with the same panel that she scored David's. No one gets to drop their jaw if he wins tomorrow.

What a blah night. The scores were total BS and the dances felt cobbled together with little passion. Nothing like Mark's Super Mario routine or Meryl and Maks' Sam Smith dance that brought me to tears. I was tempted to polish my bedroom furniture.

OMG you just gave me the heebie-jeebies when you mentioned Meryl and Maks's freestyle.  The most overproduced, overmanipulated bunch of schlock I've ever seen on this show. Although I do still LMAO at the fake Maks sobfest when he pretended like he didn't know there was a camera following him around. 

5 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani is done.

Rashad winning would be a tiny smidgen of redemption for this season for me. Definitely not one of my favorites.

• Love 4

I'm on my 4th listen of 'Uptown Funk" ..thank you DWTS....Don't care how overplayed that song is..I;ll love it 'till I die...

The first round of dances were good but David's freestyle made me cheer while Rashad's freestyle made me get up and shake my big ass groove thang....the white girl shuffle was full on in my living room...(despite the vocalized murder of the tune)..Normani's made me wish Val had better taste in freestyles....

I love Dave..really I do...he gave a fun freestyle but Rashad needs to win this in..

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, McManda said:

The points off came frm the lack of body contact, not the costuming. Could they have gotten a higher score with better costuming? Sure, because a flowy skirt would hide the lack of body contact. Val should have known he needed to fix one or the other, and it's not the first time a celeb's scores have gotten dinged  for their pro's oversight. It sucks but it'll happen again.

Nicole Scherzhinger would like to disagree. I think it's more a sign that people are tired of the ringers, female or not.

Or tired of Val. Emma is great!

I love Dave..really I do...he gave a fun freestyle but Rashad needs to win this in..

This

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dynamiteguy said:

1/23. That's not a trump card. 

Okay. 

Definition of "ringer" is subjective, but ... Kristi Yamaguchi, Meryl Davis, Shawn Johnson, Laurie Hernandez ... heck, even Brooke Burke and Kelli Pickler and Melissa Rycroft were called ringers because they had cheerleading experience. Females get called ringers and win all the time.

But didn't we decide we're not calling Normani a ringer? She's a singer, not a dancer. </sarcasm>

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, McManda said:

Okay. 

Definition of "ringer" is subjective, but ... Kristi Yamaguchi, Meryl Davis, Shawn Johnson, Laurie Hernandez ... heck, even Brooke Burke and Kelli Pickler and Melissa Rycroft were called ringers because they had cheerleading experience. Females get called ringers and win all the time.

But didn't we decide we're not calling Normani a ringer? She's a singer, not a dancer. </sarcasm>

I didn't really hear "ringer" used to describe Normani until after Heather was eliminated. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I didn't really hear "ringer" used to describe Normani until after Heather was eliminated. 

The anti-"ringer" fans didn't want to spread themselves too thin. First, you go after the most obvious "ringer" until they're gone. Then the second "ringer" and then the third... until all you're left with is David winning the Mirrorball while the majority of the audience cries and tears their hair out and the minority keeps popping that popcorn. You can't divide and conquer something like that. You need to make a concentrated attack in order for it to be successful. Much like cleaning the bathroom. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

It's still ridiculous that they offed a point for costuming, yet Julianne gave David and Normani a 9. Not to mention the overall edit Rashad got was that of a winner. "he's never won anything in his life?", please! He won a spot on an NFL team! Gimme a break.

As I heard it, he took the point off because her costume allowed a clear sight of the error (lack of body contact).  If Val had costumed her in a flowy gown, it wouldn't have been so obvious.  So no, she didn't lose a point for the outfit, she lost it for the error.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, McManda said:

Okay. 

I guess the term is subjective. But during their seasons, most of those ladies were deemed ringers.  I'd also add Jennifer Grey as a ringer.  I don't recall Brooke or Kelli as being called ringers but I recall them as being physically active; exercise, yoga, dance when they were kids etc.  But I still think Zendaya was the ringer during Kelli's season.  And I remember Brooke as being the best technical dancer during her season.  And they still had to give Warren Sapp really low scores to make sure that Brooke won.  Not saying Sapp didn't deserve the low scores but it's kind of unusual for the judges to give low scores during the finals.  Look at Rashad and David.  David's stompy/butt revealing waltz got 8s and 9s.  Rashad's weak lift and being out of sync got 10's. 

David FTW.

• Love 1

I don't think any of the redemption dances really showed great improvement...but each offered some signs of steps (pun intended) in the right direction.

The freestyles:  I enjoyed David's the most.  Joyful, cleverly choreographed, and fun.  Rashad's wasn't perfect either....but I'm not unhappy with his getting 10s.  His enthusiasm was delightful.  Normani danced very well, making the most of what she was given...but I was a little bored.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, crossover said:

I'd also add Jennifer Grey as a ringer.

Oops, yep, forgot about her. She totally got maligned as a ringer her season, too.

3 minutes ago, crossover said:

But during their seasons, most of those ladies were deemed ringers.

Exactly my point. Female ringers have won in the past, so it's not like the Normani is following some preestablished storyline where ringers - and particularly female ringers - are being actively worked against. 

I also think it's a poor argument after tonight's dances, where Normani did have glaring issues in her quickstep. This is a case where being judged against oneself worked against her, especially because she and the judges have already set that bar too high.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Uke said:

As I heard it, he took the point off because her costume allowed a clear sight of the error (lack of body contact).  If Val had costumed her in a flowy gown, it wouldn't have been so obvious.  So no, she didn't lose a point for the outfit, she lost it for the error.

Agree with this.  And I know Val knows this as well.  The pros use smoke and all kinds of things to hide their celeb but Val doesn't use the flowy gown?  Every since the judges started sniding Simone, I felt they wanted Normani in the finals instead of Simone.  I started thinking they wanted Normani because her fanbase doesn't match up to David's or Rashad's.  Now with Val purposely costuming Normani like he did makes me believe they wanted another little dig to make sure Normani doesn't win.  Wouldn't it be something if David wins after one of the best talented seasons with Nancy, Heather, Simone and Normani?

(edited)

I think Rashad has it in the bag.  He has actually shown some growth in technique and entertainment value.  He and Emma were not perfect but he actually danced.  

David's freestyle was the same tired shtick he trotted out on day one.  His goofy grin and nice guy persona do nothing for me.  He has never impressed with his dancing. Not. one. single. time. 

Lindsay was awesome. Give that girl a ringer next year.

Val needs a break.  He has lost what I always have loved about him. He always actually taught his celebrity how to dance.  Ballroom dance.  He was so diligent in teaching his celebs to ballroom dance that he could dance all out next to them and not look like he was over-dancing.  But he seems to have lost his way down the Hough-road to mirrorball trophy victory.  He taught Normani routines and since she's a natural, they looked great.  I just wonder what she could have shown us if he taught her the way he taught Zendaya.  I want Val to take a break and come back as the traditionalist that he was in the past. 

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't think any of the redemption dances really showed great improvement...but each offered some signs of steps (pun intended) in the right direction.

I''d have to say, as much as I enjoyed David, and Normani was  good. Rashad was most improved( especially his feet) :)

Rashad's wasn't perfect either....but I'm not unhappy with his getting 10s.  His enthusiasm was delightful.  Normani danced very well, making the most of what she was given...but I was a little bored.

Thumbs up! 

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 4

Despite the egregious presence of J.T., I loved Val and Normani's freestyle.  I just thought it was lovely.  I do agree that Val needs a break and probably needs to get away from whatever star treatment he's getting that encourages him to be SO much less genuine. I think Normani would have been better going first in that lineup than second -- worst spot for the different feeling of her dance.

I guess Rashad's freestyle won for me, but only because I think it hit the right notes for finale, not because it was technically the best.  Emma defo faked that tear and their editing was so clumsy (or was it?? donning tinfoil hat) that you could tell.

I don't think I will be very amused if David wins.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Okay, I've held off long enough:  hot DAMN, Rashad is just a beautiful man.  Is he single?  I"m not asking for me, of course.  No.  It's for...my delusional friend.  

Is that me? the delusional friend? :) he's very hot! that smile 

• Love 4