Type keyword(s) to search

Deception - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, mertensia said:

I laughed all the way through the spa scene. 

Was Jack Davenport the father?

Yes.  I recognized his voice immediately.  I'm really intrigued by the mystery surrounding the Black family.  You don't cast someone like Jack Davenport for a voice over and shadowy appearance!

And this is my first time in the Deception forum - I realized a few episodes ago that, of course, I would love this show, since Chris Fedak is the creator and I loved Chuck back in the day.  

• Love 2

That is a daytime spa I would happily go to! They made quite an unexpected comedy-duo...:)

By the way, Billy Zane was fabulous, not by surprise - oddly I am gonna miss him.

I also liked how the boss at the end was emphatic with Cameron, it made it much more personal.

The look Cameron gave after Bishop was killed, as they were putting the mask on him, was quite heartbreaking. As if now he realised all the stakes.

As well as the delivery of the lines at the end when he  said ".....I did for my brother.... Instead I betrayed everyone who trusted me..." and then the diamond. Finally!

• Love 3

I could watch Cameron and MW all day. 

"Can I kill him"

"No"

"He hunts giraffes can I kill him now"

"No"

Saying she needs to tip the hotel worker because she got gassed.

Damn we knew J&C's dad sucked but wow what a freaking monster. Well you have a spare so sure intentionally almost kill off one kid. Why either man wanted to go into the world of magic is beyond me.

Maybe it just me but MW got a little gooey when Jonathan was talking about the stars. And her remembering a sweet moment when they were kids. She most have also been raised by a monster but she seems like a straight up sociopath. Lol she has the wrong brother. I don't know maybe she should have used one of her many costumes and asked a few pointed questions before setting this all in motion.

• Love 5

I just want to tell myself to stop rewatching the episodes, because it's going to make it that much harder if the show is cancelled. But damn if I don't love this show. 

I will say, on my second watch, I really liked the scene of Cameron getting pissed off at Mystery Woman at the beginning (and I assume we'll get her name soon so we can stop calling her MW). Jack Cutmore-Scott played that moment at the beginning to perfection. It was a different side to Cameron we haven't seen, but also unlike Jonathan's anger. Plus, the funniest part was what pissed him off the most: having to....audition. The horror. And that mic...apple drop at the end of that was great. 

The second watch of the spa scene made it funnier. Who knew that they'd make a surprising comedy duo?

Also, if you told me that original Henri was also played by Cutmore-Scott, I would have believed you. That is not the case, but it would have been pretty funny. They really got the casting down; I also have to shout praise to the show's makeup department. 

I also really love them allowing Cameron to own up to his mistakes at the end to the boss. I felt like it was a really solid moment that he realized he could have escaped, didn't, and then had to hurt his friends in order to do some really shady stuff....but he also still protected the actual diamond from MW, so that definitely helped make up for it. Though who knows if Kay will be very pleased with Cam's actions. 

I think this episode has the most hilarious lines as well. From Cam's "if he's cute, he's me. Now can we focus, please?" to "No. Kill. Ing", I was really having some fun. That's why Cam is an essential part of the show, even if Jonathan is smarter and is more interesting. Plus, that flashback solidified that he's just as messed up as his brother, and their father clearly put Cam through some horrifying stuff just to get him to be the star of his show. And that's probably why Jonathan doesn't resent Cam as much; he realizes that their father didn't treat Cam as special because he still had to go through some pretty awful shit just to become his father's special pet. And we only saw one instance of their father's "tests", so who know what else Cameron had to go through. I'm impressed that he doesn't seem to be claustrophobic after that incident. In a different way than Jonathan, who was essentially pushed aside and only used to be the shadow of Cam in the acts and he maybe was also ignored by Daddy Dearest behind the scenes, both brothers certainly had to go through the ringer as kids. I am looking forward to meeting Sebastian Blood now. I gotta see how he treats both boys in the present day. 

I also wonder MW's real connection with the family, besides meeting Jonathan as kids and apparently growing a fondness for him. I wonder if one of her relatives is also in one of those photos. She has to have money in order to afford all that she does. 

MW said the phrase "real test" so many times in the episode that I think it's going to be important later on. That phrasing seems awfully specific. 

• Love 4

Aw, Deakins, I didn’t know you cared.

So MW meets Jonathan as a child watching the aurora borealis but doesn’t get his name, later determines that he is needed/wanted for some nefarious plot involving his great-grandfather and decides to force his cooperation by getting his twin out of the way via prison. It’s not until she hears Jonathan describing the night sky while figuring out the lynx clue that she twigs to the fact that she got the wrong brother. Oops. (But seriously — Jonathan’s been in prison for a year, and you’re just now figuring out your mistake?)

This fancy auction house builds a failsafe into their vault that traps and essentially suffocates would-be thieves — but once the failsafe is activated the only way to open the door is from inside, where the supposed thieves are, trying to get out? That seems... odd. Glad Cameron made it though.

Cameron’s trick with the diamond really was lightning “blink and you’ll miss it” (or “don’t blink and you’ll miss it anyway”) fast, like Jonathan described. Kudos.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

This fancy auction house builds a failsafe into their vault that traps and essentially suffocates would-be thieves — but once the failsafe is activated the only way to open the door is from inside, where the supposed thieves are, trying to get out? That seems... odd. Glad Cameron made it though.

This plot does remind me of another show, White Collar, where a similar thing happened in some rich's guy's home, and the failsafe was hidden inside the room as well. I guess you'd also have to know exactly how to open it from the inside, which may be what the designers of the safe were hoping for? Since I like this show way too much, I'm going to fanwank that the only reason Cameron was able to open the door was that Jonathan and the team were keeping him conscious by the shouting and pounding. 

I will say, there was something endearing about the entire cast of characters yelling at Cam to open the door. I think it definitely added to the tension, especially with Cam passing out every few seconds. 

Also, Cam's proud look when getting to see his brother in action was sweet.

13 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

Cameron’s trick with the diamond really was lightning “blink and you’ll miss it” (or “don’t blink and you’ll miss it anyway”) fast, like Jonathan described. Kudos.

I had to rewatch that part a couple of times before I even caught on to how it happened so fast. I guess that's Cameron's true talent, which is great. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

I got sucked in by the beautiful woman who of course seems to be unnamed. This was the first episode I have watched, and...oh man. I just can't with the incessant background music, fancy camera pans, slowmos, and zooms, nonsensical plots, and flippant remarks from the lead actor who is of course Mr. Jokester in suspenseful situations. It's as if Gossip Girl had sex with a Bond movie, and this disappointing offspring was the result.

Unless you base the entirety of your viewing on hot women, I highly recommend starting with episode 1 and watching all the way through. The format of this episode was out of the norm and obviously based more on heist movies than the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, garnetarden said:

So MW meets Jonathan as a child watching the aurora borealis but doesn’t get his name, later determines that he is needed/wanted for some nefarious plot involving his great-grandfather and decides to force his cooperation by getting his twin out of the way via prison. It’s not until she hears Jonathan describing the night sky while figuring out the lynx clue that she twigs to the fact that she got the wrong brother. Oops. (But seriously — Jonathan’s been in prison for a year, and you’re just now figuring out your mistake?)

The impression I got was the twins were already pretending to be just one person -- didn't they say they got their start in their father's show early, as the disappearing boy, or something? So when Mystery Girl met him she legit thought he was Cameron, and Jonathan was already living a life of not correcting people's assumptions about his identity.

Showing a kid dancing around that actually made it more heartbreaking to me than just the theory of Jonathan being forced to deny his own identity for his entire life -- as has been noted, Papa Black obviously trained both kids to survive and handle themselves, but what he put them through was mentally cruel.

Beyond all that, I thought it was a pretty great payoff -- I knew Jonathan would probably have to go back to prison, but I still think it was unfair, given how he basically saved four lives, and helped (theoretically) stop a diamond heist. Jack Cutmore-Scott is doing master work: After being convinced last week that I might like Jonathan more, Cameron's arrogance and humor had me immensely entertained this week.

• Love 4

Am I he only one who noticed that the supposedly two colors eyes mystery lady had very clearly identical blue eyes in the scenes with the red wig? Especially after she put it on and they showed her in close up talking about the Aurora borealis. It was so clear that I was sure it was a plot point that we were meant to notice but no one here mentioned it, so I am confused.

2 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

Am I he only one who noticed that the supposedly two colors eyes mystery lady had very clearly identical blue eyes in the scenes with the red wig? Especially after she put it on and they showed her in close up talking about the Aurora borealis. It was so clear that I was sure it was a plot point that we were meant to notice but no one here mentioned it, so I am confused.

Just as I finished posting, the explanation dawned on me. Of course, in any scene where she is wearing a disguise, she also has to put on same color contact lenses to hide her most distinctive feature. Silly me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jmonique said:

The impression I got was the twins were already pretending to be just one person -- didn't they say they got their start in their father's show early, as the disappearing boy, or something? So when Mystery Girl met him she legit thought he was Cameron, and Jonathan was already living a life of not correcting people's assumptions about his identity.

They were. In the background of the flashback where Cameron gets himself out of the barrel, there's a poster of one of Cameron's acts (the knife throw act...which....seriously, Daddy Black?). Since MW specifically said that Jonathan never told her his name, he obviously felt like he couldn't tell her who he really was. Also, I wonder if Jonathan does, in fact, remember her. Despite him not really reacting to the mention of Iceland besides knowing that Cameron had been sick, has he put two and two together? I think he has, but interesting that they didn't have a shot of him deep in thought after that. 

6 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

I did notice in the coloured out flashback of MW meeting with Jonathan for the first time, it didn't seem like she had two different coloured eyes, although that could have just been the flashback itself. They did show her with a contact on her finger at the end of the episode with her having her blue eyes, so it seems like she doesn't have two different coloured eyes, after all? Or am I misreading that?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

They did show her with a contact on her finger at the end of the episode with her having her blue eyes, so it seems like she doesn't have two different coloured eyes, after all? Or am I misreading that?

See my own declaimer above :)))

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And we only saw one instance of their father's "tests", so who know what else Cameron had to go through. I'm impressed that he doesn't seem to be claustrophobic after that incident. In a different way than Jonathan, who was essentially pushed aside and only used to be the shadow of Cam in the acts and he maybe was also ignored by Daddy Dearest behind the scenes, both brothers certainly had to go through the ringer as kids.

If this was me, it would make me closer to my brother. We would practice all the tasks together and be equally skilled at them. There really isn't anyone else to hangout with, but each other and nothing to do, but to practice .

• Love 3

Aw, little Johnny! I need more flashbacks in future episodes.

I really like this show, but I'm not sure if I trust the writers (and the MW actress) to pull off a super-complicated, crazy-intricate backstory/ motivation. When Cameron discovered the attempted recreation of the photograph, it was much more "WTF" than "ooh, intriguing." Though I do like the idea of delving further into the family history.

18 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The continuity was a little off with the heist scene.

I also thought continuity was off in general. I could swear that in last week's episode, MW said the "wrong twin" line fairly early on (and maybe even TO Jonathan, when she shut him in the puzzle room? Though I might be remembering that part incorrectly...), but in this episode she said it at the end to the lady on her team (clearly a scene we didn't get last week) and acted like it was a revelation at that point.

And while I definitely get that MW assumed little Johnny was Cam at the time, once she discovered they were twins, didn't she ever doubt the identity of the twin she met? I mean, based on what little Johnny said alone ("they don't need me for this part" or however he put it), I would assume it was Johnny! 

And is MW supposed to have a very slight accent (is she from Iceland?) or does she just have a bit of a speech impediment? I swear it sounded like she had a lisp, but only in a couple scenes.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I also thought continuity was off in general. I could swear that in last week's episode, MW said the "wrong twin" line fairly early on (and maybe even TO Jonathan, when she shut him in the puzzle room? Though I might be remembering that part incorrectly...), but in this episode she said it at the end to the lady on her team (clearly a scene we didn't get last week) and acted like it was a revelation at that point.

She did say it to Jonathan, actually in the vault at the end of the episode when she was asking him to come work for her. But then the lady on her team said it in this episode, so she could have just been parroting what MW said. 

9 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

And is MW supposed to have a very slight accent (is she from Iceland?) or does she just have a bit of a speech impediment? I swear it sounded like she had a lisp, but only in a couple scenes.

Well, the actress, Stephanie Corneliussen, is Danish, so maybe it's just the actress' natural accent. 

16 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

And while I definitely get that MW assumed little Johnny was Cam at the time, once she discovered they were twins, didn't she ever doubt the identity of the twin she met? I mean, based on what little Johnny said alone ("they don't need me for this part" or however he put it), I would assume it was Johnny! 

Speaking of that, I'm still trying to figure out MW's initial plan. It seems like she must have known that Cameron had a twin before the world found out. Otherwise, what was her plan in framing Cameron, getting him put in jail, and then still wanting him to work for her? If she didn't know about the twin, then at least there seems to be motivation beyond some love thing over the boy she knew for likely one night as a kid. She also had a whole year to figure out that maybe the twin she met was Jonathan, not Cameron. I totally forgot about the pilot skipping into a year of Jonathan's incarceration. 

• Love 2

(Paraphrased) "You put him in a hotel in Newark, without cable?  See, you don't have to kill someone to have fun."

The beginning of the show, as I wasn't aware that it would be part II, really threw me off.  The two kids working the escape routine in the basement, while, two floors up, Cameron and Team Jewel Heist go over their plans; What the hell?  Finally, I got it. 

I have been with the show from the pilot, but something confuses me.  The woman was killed on the highway, supposedly directly after Jonathan swerved to miss another vehicle.  That's not murder, as far as I know.  Vehicular manslaughter, maybe, but you would have to prove gross negligence.  Does anyone have a better explanation?

I'm kind of surprised that they paid Billy Zane's salary for such a short appearance.  I'm sure he appreciated it.

3 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I have been with the show from the pilot, but something confuses me.  The woman was killed on the highway, supposedly directly after Jonathan swerved to miss another vehicle.  That's not murder, as far as I know.  Vehicular manslaughter, maybe, but you would have to prove gross negligence.  Does anyone have a better explanation?

I just rewatched the pilot myself, and Jonathan was charged for involuntary manslaughter, and 10 years in prison. So, I don't think they're saying that Jonathan murdered her, just that he killed her. 

(edited)
On 4/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Now, I will be disappointed if this is a "I liked you when we were kids and still like you now" deal. I hope there's a twist of some sort.

I will be, too. I really hope there's more to it than that -- although the "conspiracy" (or whatever the photograph implies) seems to involve important people at least a couple of generations back, so... I think Cameron said his great-grandfather was in the picture.

I also find the implication that Madame Heterochromia doesn't have a groovy mutation after all vaguely disappointing. Although I suppose that shot could have meant she was covering up her brown iris, rather than removing a brown-coloured contact lens.

As I mentioned in the thread for the previous episode, I watched the last three episodes in a row, partly because I wanted to catch up, but I kept going mostly because I found the pace of the show enjoyable, and I wanted to stay in these characters' company. I can't remember the last new show I found so thoroughly charming.

ETA: I hope whatever Great-Grandfather Black was involved in doesn't turn out to be some sort of Illuminati-esque effort at world domination (though I fear that of course it will)-- that aspect of Timeless is already boring me to tears.

Edited by Sandman
I bet Great-Grandpapa will turn out to be a Rosicrucian!
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2018 at 11:01 PM, janeta said:

Um, who besides me pegged Henri as Cam in the auction...?

Like a few others, I think I noticed this pretty early. And the shot of the mask coming off in the previouslies definitely helped. I noticed Henri was probably Cam when the camera seemed to linger on him for the facial recognition scan. I don't know why Jonathan wouldn't recognize his twin instantly, though, and I never saw any sign that he had.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:57 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I kind of love that Cameron has Kay in his phone as "Partner". 

I liked seeing Kay come up as "Partner" on Cam's phone. I don't think he's had many people in his life he'd consider a partner -- certainly no one outside his brother and the Archive.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:10 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

And finally, did anyone else notice Johnny's limp? I've missed parts of a few episodes (I'm usually flipping back and forth between this and Timeless), so I don't know if this was seen or explained before, but he had a weird hitch to his walk in a few of the early scenes (after he left the prison, but before the Octagon). I know he's gotten beat up a few times, but I don't remember him hurting his leg. I don't know, maybe Cutmore-Scott just has a strange gait and I never noticed before, but it caught my eye tonight.

I assume this is continuity from getting his rib(s) broken.

I thought this was a really enjoyable episode, and I didn't even really notice the plot holes as far as the auction house security was concerned. Well, much.

For what it's worth, I hear only affection when Cameron calls Jonathan "Jonny" or "Jon" -- I don't think there's anything patronizing or infantilizing in it -- just a reflection of their interdependence and closeness. Jonathan calls Cameron "Cam" more than the others do, I think.  (I chose the word "interdependence" deliberately, also: I don't see co-dependence, which is a different, and pathological, thing. Just my humble.)

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Like a few others, I think I noticed this pretty early. And the shot of the mask coming off in the previouslies definitely helped. I noticed Henri was probably Cam when the camera seemed to linger on him for the facial recognition scan. I don't know why Jonathan wouldn't recognize his twin instantly, though, and I never saw any sign that he had.

I guess that's supposed to be a testament to how good Cam's makeup job actually is? It's definitely odd, but it's also supposed to be plot contrivance, in order to get Jonathan to knock Cam out so he would get stuck in the vault. 

19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

For what it's worth, I hear only affection when Cameron calls Jonathan "Jonny" or "Jon" -- I don't think there's anything patronizing or infantilizing in it -- just a reflection of their interdependence and closeness. Jonathan calls Cameron "Cam" more than the others do, I think.  (I chose the word "interdependence" deliberately, also: I don't see co-dependence, which is a different, and pathological, thing. Just my humble.)

I can agree with this. Also, interdependence is probably a better word for their relationship. 

• Love 2
On 4/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, Charlesman said:

Tell the D.O.C. that the criminal brother died, have everyone start calling Jonathan "Cameron", and move right along with the plot. It would be stunningly crazy.

Man, Jonathan would probably hate that.

• Love 1

That reminds me -- when Jonathan immediately griped about the woman at the auction mistaking him for Cameron, I loved Kay's casual response: "You're the one who wanted to wear Cameron's suit."

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just rewatched the pilot myself, and Jonathan was charged for involuntary manslaughter, and 10 years in prison. So, I don't think they're saying that Jonathan murdered her, just that he killed her. 

That punishment seems... harsh? He wasn't drinking, correct? Was he speeding? Maybe he was driving without a license (or with Cameron's license) since a trip to the DMV might've revealed the whole twin secret?

Also, did MW say in this episode that she found a body or a woman who looked like her? I mean, she must have killed this lady herself (well, had her killed) in order to stage the accident, right? With Johnny claiming he was framed, surely they did an autopsy, and surely it would have been noticed if something was hinky with the cause or time of death. Which means the dead woman would have had to have been killed in a car accident (or in a similar, staged manner) within about an hour of the actual accident, no? 

It just seems like there would be easier ways to frame Johnny. As well as framing him for a more serious crime, to ensure his incarceration. There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong with the actual plan (including serious injury/ death to MW and Johnny during the accident).

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That punishment seems... harsh? He wasn't drinking, correct? Was he speeding? Maybe he was driving without a license (or with Cameron's license) since a trip to the DMV might've revealed the whole twin secret?

Well, he didn't have his eyes on the road for several seconds (because he was distracted by MW's heterochromic eyes) so it's possible that the prosecutors pushed for the claim that Jonathan wasn't paying attention to the road at the time of the accident. Plus, Jonathan was still driving the car that supposedly killed her, so he is still at fault. Involuntary manslaughter, at least, isn't voluntary manslaughter or murder. They could have claimed Jonathan killed her on purpose, so at least the charge makes perfect sense. 

6 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Also, did MW say in this episode that she found a body or a woman who looked like her? I mean, she must have killed this lady herself (well, had her killed) in order to stage the accident, right? With Johnny claiming he was framed, surely they did an autopsy, and surely it would have been noticed if something was hinky with the cause or time of death. Which means the dead woman would have had to have been killed in a car accident (or in a similar, staged manner) within about an hour of the actual accident, no? 

You'd think an autopsy would have corroborated Jonathan's story, but either the coroner was paid off to say that the woman died from vehicular injuries and died on the scene, or the injuries were so close to what could have happened that they wrote it off as her dying in the car accident. Plus, with the secret of him being Cam's twin brother coming out at the exact same time, that would definitely cause doubt on Jonathan's story.   

The bigger question is what MW's bigger plan is. It doesn't seem to really make sense right now. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, HighQueenEB said:

Yes.  I recognized his voice immediately.  I'm really intrigued by the mystery surrounding the Black family.  You don't cast someone like Jack Davenport for a voice over and shadowy appearance!

And this is my first time in the Deception forum - I realized a few episodes ago that, of course, I would love this show, since Chris Fedak is the creator and I loved Chuck back in the day.  

Once again they cast an English actor to be mysterious, evil and devilishly smart. Stereotypical. As an English person, I really don't understand why foreigners think we sound smart.

4 hours ago, Kimmel77 said:

Once again they cast an English actor to be mysterious, evil and devilishly smart. Stereotypical. As an English person, I really don't understand why foreigners think we sound smart.

It's baggage from the Revolution and English as a convenient mental stand-in for evil and imperialistic. 

9 hours ago, Kimmel77 said:

I, for one, always assume that Vinnie Jones is the smartest member of the team ;)

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 10:25 AM, ursula said:

... English as a convenient mental stand-in for evil and imperialistic.

And don't forget the class aspect (or perhaps that's rolled into "imperialistic"): "Upper Crust / U/ Received Pronunciation accents are perceived as cultured, and therefore threatening or decadent, in ways that Gunter's Cockney twang probably is not.

Edited by Sandman
I went back to my original thought: Gunter has a Cockney accent.
On 5/2/2018 at 3:15 AM, Kimmel77 said:

Or, you know, I've appreciated his work on other shows that I loved, like Smash.  He is a talented actor and has a fairly impressive body of work, and probably didn't come cheap for a voice over, credited cameo.  My assumption is that his character will have a meatier role in coming episodes.

That was a good aftermath to the two night event with MW. I think that Kay not trusting Cameron right away made sense, and she used Deakins as an escape, so to speak, for her own feelings. I also like Cameron taking full responsibility for his actions and trying different methods of apologizing. It's really hard not to like Cameron, even when he's wrong. I also swear I saw some subtle acting choices from Jack to showcase what he went through with MW, particularly Bishop's death and the guilt Cameron may feel after it. His worrying over Jordan when he went to meet the drug dealer, for instance. There was a moment of panic and sure, Cameron's the type of guy to worry, but that was something I haven't seen from him before, and maybe I'd like to think that it was due to some form of lingering trauma from watching Bishop die due to his actions. It would be neat if it was. 

I also will say that this is the first time I may have seen them plant a possibility for a Kay/Cameron romance. And maybe, just maybe, I won't hate it. 

Poor Jonathan. All he was trying to do was protect himself, he has some plan in motion to protect himself, and the guy kills himself to make it look like Jonathan did it (or someone else killed the librarian prisoner to make it seem like it was Jonathan). These Black brothers aren't really getting the luck of the draw here. 

The Mike/Dina stuff was really solid. I actually think they work well. Too bad I fully expect Mike to get his heart broken if Jonathan comes back into the picture, which I assume will happen if there's a second season.

I also liked the Gunter stuff. Finally, we're getting a little more with him, and he's found something that the Black ancestor created to hide more secrets. At least we're taking steps toward that mystery, but hopefully there can be more progress on that front soon.

The case of the week was pretty good, and I like the tie-in with Cameron trying to get back into the FBI's good graces. 

• Love 2

Every show does it, but I hate when it is daytime in one scene and nighttime in the next. The guy has to walk for several hours to get a resupply of his drugs and of course Cameron was following him every step of the way.

• Love 4

MW is going to pissed of her crush gets murdered in prison. The FBI really should move him to solitaire or move him in with the white collar criminals of they have him help with cases. Jonathan is smart and resourceful but he can't factor for everything.

"It's evidence so I wrote evidence on the bag." Oh Cameron you are adorable. Glad he was able to prove himself useful to Kay and the FBI. 

I want to know how Gunter got out of the secret passage way. 

• Love 4

I am annoyed on behalf of Jonathan, that nobody seems to give a crap about him re-acclimating to life on the inside after apparently everyone knows he was yanked out by the FBI.

I could take or leave the rest of the episode. Seemed fairly standard procedural.

• Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, jmonique said:

I am annoyed on behalf of Jonathan, that nobody seems to give a crap about him re-acclimating to life on the inside after apparently everyone knows he was yanked out by the FBI.

I agree. It's kind of weird how some of them seem to forget the main reason they are doing the "Deception Team" from week to week.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jmonique said:

I could take or leave the rest of the episode. Seemed fairly standard procedural.

27 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I agree. It's kind of weird how some of them seem to forget the main reason they are doing the "Deception Team" from week to week.

Yeah and those are the scenes that are kinda awkward, when they act that way.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I suppose if they move him in with the white color criminals he can teach them all card tricks.  

He might also teach them how to palm keys or pick a lock, too; that the warden certainly will not want. A prison segment full of budding escape artists is kind of the nightmare scenario of corrections, white collar crimes or no.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Every show does it, but I hate when it is daytime in one scene and nighttime in the next. The guy has to walk for several hours to get a resupply of his drugs and of course Cameron was following him every step of the way.

Right?! And I mostly hand wave those away, but that one was super obvious. You need a closer drug dealer man.

5 hours ago, jmonique said:

Yeah, they did kinda just toss him back in there with little to no regard for his safety.

(edited)

Now I kind of want Jonny and Cam to meet Neal Caffrey. Peter and Kay could commiserate (which would probably involve a lot of eye-rolling).

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Ok, I know the reference to the Rockefeller family was a couple of episodes ago, but since they seem to be building to the idea that there was a huge theft or huge fortune planted somewhere in the early 20th century, involving the Rockefeller family, I just have to put this out there.  Given John D and family's personality, they will find the room, and in there will be a note about all the loans the fortune was pledged to as collateral.  The Rockefeller's would never tie up money in a vault when they could use it as capital.  

I loved this episode. One of the best so far, I think. It was a good blend between showing the relationships that need repaired, the case of the week, and illusions.

I will say I think Jonathan’s plot is becoming less believable. After his work with the FBI last episode, you would think they would at least be able to arrange him not being in General Population.

12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Nope, lousy proofreading/writing vision.  I have to edit my responses a lot. no offense intended to anyone.  I should have caught it.  I apologize.  I will edit it above.  Thank you for pointing it out.

Nice that you apologized, but clear thinking folk would never have thought otherwise. We've all been there.

As far as the Jonathan plot. Yes, the FBI should have seen to his protection, but you run the risk that moving him out of GenPop and into some White-Collared section, if they have one, could lead people to believe that he's a genuine snitch and endanger his life even further.  What he needs is a Godfather.

Cam and Kay work as a couple and their shipping name is either going to be Cay or Kam or some longer similar version. I must say, Kay is drop dead gorgeous (never saw her on "Baywatch") and Dina is a cutie pie and I'm glad that Lenora Crichlow is back on my screen. I haven't seen her since "Being Human".

I hope the series gets picked up because I've been missing "The Mentalist" and I need my Patrick Jane & Teresa Lisbon clones. 

• Love 2

The writers need to have two clever prestidigitalogical schemes going on each episode:

1. Cameron helping the FBI solve some crime and/or tracking down MW.
  2. Jonathan cleverly masterminding the downfall of some jailhouse threat.
  • Love 1