Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

The comic veto comp is usually pretty late, right?

ETA: Alex has her rosary wrapped around her finger as she stares at it. Girl, God can't save you now!

A few minutes ago there was a dinging on the feeds. I didn't realize it was coming from them because I'm barely paying attention lol. Anyway, apparently Production told them it was a mistake. I like to think either one of them fell asleep out of boredom and accidentally pushed something or that they're so annoyed by these idiots that they wanted to annoy them.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MissBluxom said:

She seemed convinced, right from the start, that merely appearing on this National TV show was her sure fire ticket to fame and fortune. It mattered not at all whether she came in first place or last place. She seemed certain that merely by appearing, wonderful things would be coming into her life. Huge amounts of fame and fortune. She seemed certain that she had won merely by being accepted to appear on the show. She never showed any sign of understanding the difference between Tactics or Strategy. In fact, I would guess she still doesn't understand anything about either of them.

That's why I am convinced that they all have been guided by production that this is an acting gig, and the winner is Paul - "follow the script". Plus, Paul's entitlement that no one can, should or could cross him, makes me think there is something more going on.  He is too smug.  

1 hour ago, Michichick said:I do miss the recaps, but as long as people use ad blockers the site can't make money from paying writers to write them. They're not doing this as charity, after all. 

Anyway, Paul still sucks. I see from Twitter that Josh has entertained the idea of attempting to make a move against him, but I have no faith that will happen.

DOn't know what happened there ^ but re the recaps, yes, of course no one should work for charity. I agree. They are artists. It's a bummer and I miss them. 

If Josh manages to get Paul evicted right now, he'll save the season (for me). It will be a thrill and make it exciting. Especially if Paul has to go and be with Jason and Cody in the jury house. Good God, that will make up for the last however many weeks this has been going on.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fuck me, I just read that on ET Canada Jason said he thinks that Josh was lying in his goodbye message and that Paul was telling the truth. I have no words.

Unbelievable. Josh was so sincere and Paul looked like a slimy jerk. 

• Love 12

Paul is telling Alex that he hasn't been blowing smoke up their asses this season, that he actually likes them, he didn't connect with anyone last season, blah blah blah. Alex is lapping it up, of course.

Now Alex is saying she's worried about how Raven is gonna handle the outside world if she really has been lying about stuff like they think.

ETA: I was wondering if the finale might possibly be 2 hours this season since it's not going to be airing after Survivor and sure enough it is. I hope that means they're going to spend some time after the winner is announced calling all of them out on their shit. Man, that would almost make this season worth it.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fuck me, I just read that on ET Canada Jason said he thinks that Josh was lying in his goodbye message and that Paul was telling the truth. I have no words.

He was definitely doubting himself once the interviewer asked the question...goddamnit, interviewer! Why'd you have to say that Paul said that he didn't vote for him in his goodbye message? Jason was turned on Paul until that moment! 

That being said, he will know the truth once he gets out, so he'll definitely go back to being pissed for a little while. I also think that Jason will sit and process the goodbye messages a while longer, so he could go back to hating on Paul.

Also, some douchebag on Twitter is spreading rumours about Josh's house being destroyed. Like...douchebag, the hurricane has only started to reach Miami. Fuck off with your lies.

• Love 3

Josh has been talking to the cameras. He's saying he's mindfucked and still doesn't know what the best move is. He says that people think he's been playing Paul and Christmas' game, but it just so happens that all season those 3 have had the same targets. That the same people have been targeting all of them. He says that Alex is is target, but he doesn't know if he should take a shot at Paul. He's going to wait until after veto to decide.

ETA: LMAO!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

If Jason really thinks that Josh was lying, he should remember back to Josh crying in the hot tub when he was talking to Jason and hopefully get a clue that Josh was crying because he knew how he was going to vote and what it was going to mean for Jason.  I realize that just because 2 people vote the same way doesn't mean they're necessarily in an alliance but Josh voting him out and then Christmas breaking the tie by voting to send Jason out should corroborate the Josh/Christmas part of the final 3 deal that Josh mentioned in his goodbye message.  And since Jason acknowledged in his live feed interview that he thinks Paul is running the house, why would it be such a stretch that Josh was being truthful that it's really a final 3 deal with him, Christmas, and Paul coming into play?  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jason isn't believing the truth.  It's par for the course this season.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Morphed nothing—we basically saw all this last year, it was just counterbalanced by his wacky side. It's what sank his game to Nicole, however narrowly. But now it's run riot, completely unchecked, especially since Cody's exit. If I absolutely had to give Paul some benefit of the doubt, it's that the advantages he was given early on could've gone to anyone's head, but even so, this is some worst-case scenario, Stanford Prison Experiment shit he's got going on. And it's brought out the ugliest aspects of his closest minions, who, I think we've determined by now, are pretty innately toxic to begin with.

BEST POST EVER! YES! The Stanford Prison Experiment IS going on in there. 

• Love 2

Next season, before they move into the house and hamsters are still in sequester, someone needs to lay it out for them that there is no such thing as "the house." There are individual competitors, each (presumably) trying to win. Everyone has different game styles, priorities, and agendas, and that's okay. It's better than okay, it is what makes the game worth playing and the show worth watching. Or, have there be three keys in the jury's bags to vote for a winner: finalist A, finalist B, and a blank one. If there are more blank keys than A or B keys, no one wins the grand prize, each finalist gets the $50K, and the grand prize goes to charity.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

please say it isn't so.....he really is stupid, isn't he?

• Love 2

Yes, Josh, yes!

Although, at the same time, no because Alex will probably get to F2 and that's a big no-no.

I'm seriously torn: do I want Paul or Alex to make F2? Because Paul's guaranteed F2 (unless Josh wins F3 HOH and Christmas is also there), and Alex is the best competitor out of all of them, who could easily win F4 HOH and then make F3. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, Josh, yes!

Although, at the same time, no because Alex will probably get to F2 and that's a big no-no.

I'm seriously torn: do I want Paul or Alex to make F2? Because Paul's guaranteed F2 (unless Josh wins F3 HOH and Christmas is also there), and Alex is the best competitor out of all of them, who could easily win F4 HOH and then make F3. 

I would gladly suffer an Alex victory this season over Paul, and Alex sucks. 

Paul is GOING to win, but man, it would be so cool if he didn't. 

What's funny is that since I'm away for the week of the finale, I dunno if I'll even record it, as I'll need all the DVR space I can get for my other shows while I'm away and who wants to devote DVR space to a Paul win? :)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, Josh, yes!

Right now I absolutely hate Paul and Christmas the most. To me they are the most hateful and smug ones left. I want to see both of them walk out at the hands of Josh and Kevin!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I hope not only Josh exposes Paul in his goodbye message to Alex, but he takes Paul out next eviction.

Does the evicted houseguest see any goodbye messages other than the limited ones broadcast on the live show?  Fairness tells me they should, but I know this show too well :)

7 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

Right now I absolutely hate Paul and Christmas the most. To me they are the most hateful and smug ones left. I want to see both of them walk out at the hands of Josh and Kevin!

Christmas Alex Paul.  CAPpy Frankenstein creation.

• Love 2
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

What's funny is that since I'm away for the week of the finale, I dunno if I'll even record it, as I'll need all the DVR space I can get for my other shows while I'm away and who wants to devote DVR space to a Paul win? :)

Just now, Sandycat said:

True. Both are very good points. The issue here is that I'm not sure if Alex will be pissed enough to get out Josh for taking out Paul (though...LOL if she didn't even take revenge on Jason but does for Paul and uses it as a reason that it also got revenge for Jason, even though we all know it'll be for Paul), or will she just focus on getting Kevin out? I mean, if she won F4 HOH, she wouldn't be voting anyway and it would be up to Christmas...who might be pissed enough at Josh to get revenge on her "lover" by taking her actual closest ally out. 

Basically, it all comes down to veto tonight. If Josh or Kevin win veto, Josh needs to be talking to Kevin and letting him know that they need to get Paul out and he'll gladly break the tie. I read that Josh already talked to Alex, who already blabbed to Paul, who supposedly didn't believe her anyway (though maybe he does believe her and that'll get him to fight for veto, as he has no reason to tonight). But if Josh wins veto, and gets Kevin to agree to take out Paul, he can go to Alex and tell her that he's saving her this week because she was the intended target by Paul, not Kevin, and whether or not she believes that, she's staying over Paul regardless. Even if Alex told Paul, I'm not sure Kevin would just vote out Alex because Paul told him to. He could get out Paul now, and he might take that opportunity if Josh expresses his similar fears that Paul will for sure win.

Listen; there is SOME hope. The only chance of this not happening is if Alex wins veto, or if Christmas does. Which....seeing as how much bad luck we keep running into, where Paul gets good luck almost the entire time, it'll be Alex winning veto and Kevin leaving this week. Which I will prepare for, but this week is somewhat hopeful. As long as Josh is in the game, there's hope. But even if things didn't work out, Josh has a high chance of making F2. And Christmas possibly being evicted by Paul's hand at the end for Josh would, quite frankly, be satisfying enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This may be the strongest batch of Kool-Aid ever.  Wow.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, in that sense, I'd say it's not just Raven who was useless and thought she played a good game. It's several of them that deserve equal criticism for adapting the exact same strategy. 

Yes indeed. Quite right. Raven was not the only one. Several of them deserved criticism for playing a useless game while thinking they were playing a good game. So very sad. It makes me wonder how people in the audience who can see so very clearly just what kind of game they are playing, how would those people (like you and me) play the game? Would they really and truly be any different? I must admit that puts a very negative light on human behavior in my eyes. What do you think?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

You can watch it on the CBS site when you get back, if you end up wanting to see it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:
I'm seriously torn: do I want Paul or Alex to make F2? 

Right. I feel like if Josh does decide to take the shot at Paul this week and it works out then Alex will make F2. I don't wanna see Alex, Paul, or Christmas make F3, dammit!

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Does the evicted houseguest see any goodbye messages other than the limited ones broadcast on the live show?  Fairness tells me they should, but I know this show too well :)

I actually believe they do see all the goodbye messages.

58 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But even if things didn't work out, Josh has a high chance of making F2. And Christmas possibly being evicted by Paul's hand at the end for Josh would, quite frankly, be satisfying enough.

This lol.

I'm actually weirdly optimistic tbh. I now feel like Paul won't get every vote, so that makes me happy.

I'm surprised vet started so early. I thought comics was later. I'm glad though as I wanna see who wins this one.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised vet started so early. I thought comics was later. I'm glad though as I wanna see who wins this one.

I think they start comics earlier because it can go on for quite a while. I remember one of the first comics veto, if not the first one, in BB16. One of the rare times we actually had the cameras on during it, even if it was just in the HOH room. I remember distinctly that it took a long time, especially Zach's turn, because was freaking out and (almost?) broke a camera because he was getting angry and agitated. I guess, because it's individually timed, they start it earlier. 

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

But even if things didn't work out, Josh has a high chance of making F2. And Christmas possibly being evicted by Paul's hand at the end for Josh would, quite frankly, be satisfying enough.

This lol.

I'm actually weirdly optimistic tbh. I now feel like Paul won't get every vote, so that makes me happy.

I agree.  I want that vicious, hateful twat out on Tuesday.  She is the meanest and that is a strong statement with this crew.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

Christmas wants to do Playboy and hopes they call.  Paul says he wants to go with her on the events.  

And just so you're aware....Paul has an extensive vintage playboy memorabilia collection......because.....of course he does.  

Wasnt HOH the comics comp???! Alex was wearing a superhero outfit. 

• Love 2

So I'm confused about the comic comp this time around. Since we got all those former HGs dressed up in costumes, are the comic books not going to be of the current crop of HGs? Do they hate them that much that they would call in Frankie Grande and give him one of the weirdest Ken doll genitals areas in a costume ever rather than make fun of this lot? Because I will laugh hard if none of the comic covers are actually of the HGs.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, himela said:

Christmas has said that she wants to come back next year. I bet she wants to make the best of her broken foot and promote her story next year: "Last year she had a broken foot which made her come second. NOW her foot is healed and she is willing to show us how badass she can be!".

But when Xmas says she wants to come back next year, isn't she pretty much giving it up that she is NOT trying to win THIS year? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So I'm confused about the comic comp this time around. Since we got all those former HGs dressed up in costumes, are the comic books not going to be of the current crop of HGs? Do they hate them that much that they would call in Frankie Grande and give him one of the weirdest Ken doll genitals areas in a costume ever rather than make fun of this lot? Because I will laugh hard if none of the comic covers are actually of the HGs.

This confuses me, too.  Maybe they will put on a skit in person or they will be shown the video of it and then questions about what they saw.  Was X wearing a black belt, for example.  Or they have comic covers of them and they have to choose the errors [somehow] after having watched them.  

It is not the old comp we know, that is clear. 

5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think production soured on Paul when he ordered everyone to throw the HoH to Xmas, the girl in a cast who can't even race. That just seemed like a power trip gone too far, and was disrespectful to the people who had planned this HoH.

Or Grodner rubbed her hands in glee.  Robyn Kass [casting] thinks this is a fabulous season because the ratings are high.  I have to assume AG feels the same way.  I don't think they care about personalities as long as they create buzz and boost the ratings. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Short interview with AG.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/allison-grodner-interview-big-brother-19-week-10/

In a preseason interview you described bringing back Paul as “one returner shouldn’t skew things too much for people that don’t appreciate that.” Now that we’re down to F5 and have seen how much of the season has gone how would you respond to that same topic of a returning player and the impact on this season?

Grodner: I would say that what happened this season is unique. We would never have predicted that one returning player would be able to control almost every one of his housemates and avoid eviction for an entire summer. These people knew who Paul was and that he made it to finals last year yet they still chose to keep him, not put him on the block, and trust him 100%. Every season is different and I highly doubt we will ever see this happen again.

She does not sound happy with this season.  Her non committal answer says that.  She could have easily said something positive, and hinted that she loved it.  

So I take back what I just said in above post.  I don't sense glee. 

• Love 7

Christmas has her head so far up Paul's ass that if she is sitting next to him in f2 she will stand when he wins and give HIM a standing ovation. I can't stand her smug lemming attitude. She should have been forced to leave after her injury. How did she even compete in that last veto and run? 

52 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Short interview with AG.

She does not sound happy with this season.  Her non committal answer says that.  She could have easily said something positive, and hinted that she loved it.  

AG is a pompous ass. She is smug and full of herself. She would never say this season's casting was a mistake. She puts a spin on everything. She is like the homely girl in high school who manages to become prom queen... not because she is likable and humble but because she managed to hypnotize others into internalizing the mindset of The Emperor's New Clothes.

Notice that she does not mention the weeks of safety she gave him at the beginning, allowing him the opportunity to dig in his heels and create his cult of groupies. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

AG is a pompous ass. She is smug and full of herself. She would never say this season's casting was a mistake

Yes, that is what I said.  She was not enthusiastic and that says she is not fond of how this went down.  

• Love 2

Let me say that I was a huge fan of james and victor last year. They were funny and neither had a mean bone in their body. I personally thought hooking up with Natalie and Paul respectively really screwed up their games

loved loved the Baldwin puppet show. So much spontaneous fun and no Paul involvement.

• Love 1

These people knew who Paul was and that he made it to finals last year yet they still chose to keep him, not put him on the block,

Uh, Cody tried the first week. The fact is you had to give him a stupid twist to make sure they couldn't get him out right away. Is she really this dense?

• Love 13

But when Xmas says she wants to come back next year, isn't she pretty much giving it up that she is NOT trying to win THIS year? 

Yep. If Paul wins (and she's probably already assuming that he will), that's the expectation production will have established. Shoot for 2nd place and the $50k, then come back next year for a guaranteed $500k. The show would then become all about who gets to sit next to the predetermined winner in the F2.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cutty said:

These people knew who Paul was and that he made it to finals last year yet they still chose to keep him, not put him on the block,

Uh, Cody tried the first week. The fact is you had to give him a stupid twist to make sure they couldn't get him out right away. Is she really this dense?

Jason and Kevin had no idea who he was.  There were others, too [forget].  Some watched past seasons [TV only] to become familiar but random seasons, probably suggested by production, not BB18. 

2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep. If Paul wins (and she's probably already assuming that he will), that's the expectation production will have established. Shoot for 2nd place and the $50k, then come back next year for a guaranteed $500k. The show would then become all about who gets to sit next to the predetermined winner in the F2.

Yep that is clear, Alex too. 

I crave a season of all newbies who are fans.  Fans who have watched the feeds [crucial].  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, Josh, yes!

I remember when the current HOH would write a blog on the CBS BB website, so I guess now they Tweet. Can they see responses or likes to their Tweets?

Of all of Paul's minions I have the most hope for Josh after the show. Unlike Xmas, Alex, or even Kevin he seems to realize that eventually he'll have to separate from Paul. He has expressed more genuine remorse for some of his actions this summer (doesn't make what he did okay, but at least remorse is a step up from Alex and Xmas) and I really think that out of the house, in a less toxic environment, he'll do okay. 

Idk why he's less under Paul's spell because of the constant abuse Xmas and Paul have been dishing out to him, or whether the DR got to him. Suspect it's a mix of both.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I've been wondering about that since the Revengers clip, that production might hate this cast so much that they can't be bothered to hire artists to, um, immortalize them in comic form even though these assholes lend themselves so well to lampooning. I guess we'll know soon enough.

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Short interview with AG.

So I take back what I just said in above post.  I don't sense glee. 

Good. (This forum doesn't offer enough font embellishment options to properly convey my 72 pt., flashing-rainbow-glitter joy at the thought of Grodner suffering as much disappointment as we do for once.)

33 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Jason and Kevin had no idea who he was.  There were others, too [forget].  Some watched past seasons [TV only] to become familiar but random seasons, probably suggested by production, not BB18. 

Yep that is clear, Alex too. 

I crave a season of all newbies who are fans.  Fans who have watched the feeds [crucial].  

That's how we got Ramses, LOL.

• Love 5

I'm totally fine with Paul winning veto. He was NEVER going home this week, as much as we could dream. So of the realistic scenarios, this was the best one. How can he POSSIBLY not remove Alex from the block and see her get voted out and not get shit from even a moron like Alex?

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Of all of Paul's minions I have the most hope for Josh after the show. Unlike Xmas, Alex, or even Kevin he seems to realize that eventually he'll have to separate from Paul. He has expressed more genuine remorse for some of his actions this summer (doesn't make what he did okay, but at least remorse is a step up from Alex and Xmas) and I really think that out of the house, in a less toxic environment, he'll do okay. 

Idk why he's less under Paul's spell because of the constant abuse Xmas and Paul have been dishing out to him, or whether the DR got to him. Suspect it's a mix of both.

I agree, I have a soft spot for Josh.  He has insight but not solid enough to live by what he intrinsically knows.  He is insecure and this experience is highlighting that.  I like the kid.  I love how he refers to Cody and others a kid.  Josh for the win!  He has all the ear markings for someone who will shine eventually. fs

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1