Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I don't see Christmas as pining for a romantic relationship with Paul. Admittedly I haven't watched the feeds that often lately but I just don't see the evidence. What am I missing?  I know she's touchy feely with Paul but she was that way with Kevin too, and I never thought she was into Kevin romantically either.

Not just the video posted above, but it's very odd that she wants to throw her game for Paul. Not only that, but she's actively talked to Josh about him choosing Paul over her to get to the end. She also couldn't answer Josh's question about who she'd take if she had the choice (meaning it's probably Paul). For me, that's just odd and stupid if she doesn't have some sort of feelings for him. We've seen people use the veto on others, and try to campaign to get the other person further. But what Christmas is doing is taking it to a whole other level. I'm not sure if they're romantic feelings, but they're definitely not platonic; I get the feeling that he's a replacement/rebound for her broken engagement, since the guy she was literally engaged to in May looks so much like Paul. 

I do think now that those feelings will probably fade, once Christmas is out of the house. I think she's dealing with a lot in her life this summer and she's using Paul as a distraction, but in a very odd and uncomfortable way. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Growsonwalls, thanks for that video of Christmas' musings.  It sure looks like she's got feelings for Paul.  I couldn't hear all she was saying though.  What word did she say when she said, "Paul makes me ____.  There's a little nugget of information."  

She says "Paul makes me smile." Earlier in the video she says her heart is always "fluttering" now and it's hard to control, and that she's "letting her heart get away from her."

Here's another video:

Josh asks flat out whether they're in a showmance. Paul is shocked. "What? No fool." Christmas gets all coy and giddy with "Why do you keep asking this?"

• Love 2

It sounds like, from the clip show, that I'll have to prepare for a Kevin AFP win. I mean, it'll sting Paul and company quite a bit, but I think it'll be between Kevin and Cody for sure. However, Kevin could very well get it. I mean, there's a lot worse choices than Kevin. I just wish it was between Mark and Cody instead. Mark's that underrated gem in a pile of coal. Also, I'd love if Elena was the third top favourite, as she had some excellent reaction moments in jury.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I don't see Christmas as pining for a romantic relationship with Paul. Admittedly I haven't watched the feeds that often lately but I just don't see the evidence. What am I missing?  I know she's touchy feely with Paul but she was that way with Kevin too, and I never thought she was into Kevin romantically either.

This may help some?

Somebody should string together all of Paul's DR sessions where he admits to plotting and planning and setting them all up as his patsies to vote people out so he does not get caught with "blood on his hands." They should stick it up on YouTube... so that these lemmings can see it all in one place when this show is over and they know how they were played for total fools. 

Then they could see how he was sneaky and betrayed them all and how they all carried him to the end and to victory. They need to see it all in one video. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
spelling error
  • Love 5

Josh said if he wins the final HOH and gets to decide who to take to final 2, he doesn't know who he'll take.  But then he started talking about how he thinks he has a better chance to win against Paul.  Now he's saying that if he is in the position to take Paul out and does so, that might be the big game move that tips the scale in his favor.

5 minutes ago, zorak said:

And now Josh is back to saying he thinks it's best for his game if he's sitting next to Paul at final 2.

Yes let Josh sit next to Paul and lose. 

This season should be called: "Paul Gets a Do Over and the HGs Do His Dirty Work"

• Love 8

The HoH Part 1:  Unicorns fart in their faces while hanging on to a rope.  How appropriate.

9 minutes ago, zorak said:

Josh thinks Cody needs to watch Lion King 6 times a day so he will no longer feel pissed off all the time.

Cody was the first juror and they are still obsessed with him.

• Love 13

Any thoughts on how Paul will make out with jury?

raven, Matt, Alex ( interviews says she is not bitter), kevin, josh/ christmas--paul

so Paul is going to end up winning this if he is F2?  My only consolation for watching this season was seeing him get 2nd place again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

Any thoughts on how Paul will make out with jury?

raven, Matt, Alex ( interviews says she is not bitter), kevin, josh/ christmas--paul

so Paul is going to end up winning this if he is F2?  My only consolation for watching this season was seeing him get 2nd place again.

The interviews are done before they go to the jury house.  What they say is not necessarily how they feel now having compared notes.  

I don't think it is totally impossible for Josh to win.  I can see Elena, Mark Alex and Jason voting for him.  Who wants to vote for Raven and Matt's choice to win?  There is that.  One more vote could be Cody.   Kevin and Purim will vote for Paul, of course. 

• Love 4

I honestly don't think Josh has a chance at many votes. When I rewatched the clip episode tonight I was reminded of what a shitty person he was to most of the jurors. His "waking up" happened after most of those guys walked out the door. They haven't seen him crying alone and expressing doubts about Paul, nor have they seen the way Paul and Xmas have been treating him. Even Kevin was so isolated I don't think he saw the conflicted Josh.

I mean I don't see how, say, Elena votes for him, ever. She's a real nice girl and not a spiteful person but Josh attacked her in a very creepy way after she made it clear she wasn't into him. This went on until she was evicted. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I honestly don't think Josh has a chance at many votes. When I rewatched the clip episode tonight I was reminded of what a shitty person he was to most of the jurors. His "waking up" happened after most of those guys walked out the door. They haven't seen him crying alone and expressing doubts about Paul, nor have they seen the way Paul and Xmas have been treating him. Even Kevin was so isolated I don't think he saw the conflicted Josh.

I mean I don't see how, say, Elena votes for him, ever. She's a real nice girl and not a spiteful person but Josh attacked her in a very creepy way after she made it clear she wasn't into him. This went on until she was evicted. 

Very true. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Wow, Dom makes so much more sense now. She had it all right...except Paul going earlier rather than later. 

I was thinking the same thing! We all thought she was nutso at the time and she totally had it figured out!! It's too bad she had to sound like a nutso.

also interesting how much Paul, Christmas and josh were together at the beginning of the season. Totally didn't catch that at the time. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jason basically saying that they'd all be having fun in jury if it wasn't for The Puppetmaster and Matt. Clearly, something went down in between Raven's eviction and Alex's eviction, because Jason and Mark really went off on her and Matt. 

Actually, I think Jason and Mark (and Cody and Elena and Alex) have always felt this way about Raven and (to a lesser degree) Matt; the motivation to play nice and preserve potential Jury votes no longer exists, though - so why not speak up and tell an asshole, "Hey, guess what?  You're an asshole."  :)

10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Paul did very little bullying himself, he sent the minions and he had very willing servants.  

10 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

He sat there and let his bullies do the dirty work, I saw the glee on his dirty face. I think its worse to incite and watch, its like taking a video of someone being hurt, rather than help them.

Paul's involvement in the bullying went a little farther than that; he frequently busted his ass to fan up the emotions of the Paulettes before siccing them on the target du jour, and on more than one occasion Paul initiated the initial "picking at" a target which blossomed into the larger bullyfests.

5 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am impressed at how clean/orderly they are keeping this house.

It got a lot easier once Raven and Matt were out of the House.  Much of the previous kitchen mess was the result of Raven instigating food fights with Matt so she could try dragging him into the DR and cadge extra camera time. 

I have little doubt Raven thought she was creating a new position of award/note in the House: America's Cutest/Funniest/Quirkiest Couple. 

Which - no.

• Love 6

So after tonight's episode it looks like TPTB are hoping for a Kevin AFP win. (I think he was an early favorite, but they switched to Jason at some point, and then had to switch back after Jason's tasteless comments were covered in entertainment news outlets.)

Edited by JediDVguy
  • Love 2

One of the things I hadn't even noticed about Christmas's late-night musings about her feelings for Paul: that she was watching him lovingly from her HoH tv-cam. I personally don't see how anyone can look at Paul and have her heart "flutter" and have her "feelings get away from her" but hey, whatever floats her boat.

• Love 6

Speaking of...my mom had an.outpatient surgery yesterday, and her amazing surgeon looked exactly like Paul with a shorter beard.  It was a surrwal moment when he came to talk to me.  I automatically thought he was full of shit, so I had to get out of my head and assure myself it wasnt Paul.

Surgery went perfectly, and the Doc was awesome..... super weird moment 

• Love 15

TPTB are on board for a Kevin AFP win. In their mind it would save face for the season. With 3 unlikable people in the finals they want the next closest HG to win. It wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. I don't want Cody to win because I think that's what Jessica hopes for. It would keep him & her more relevant if he won AFP. Anything to keep the showmance alive another day. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I was thinking the same thing! We all thought she was nutso at the time and she totally had it figured out!! It's too bad she had to sound like a nutso.

also interesting how much Paul, Christmas and josh were together at the beginning of the season. Totally didn't catch that at the time. 

She didn't know what Paul was doing that far back, at all. He nominated her and she felt betrayed.  That is it.  She was angry and tried to get back at him.  Someone has to go up so why not the phony who gets messages from god?  Seemed like an obvious nomination to me.  She made my skin crawl.  

ETA.  If she saw his scheme the proper approach would have been to tell someone exactly what she thought he was doing.  Align and see if you could enlist others.  Taking to her bed and talking in riddles about a snake was stupid. 

Edited by wings707

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the weird sleep schedule (Hi, I'm Callaphera and I'll be your night nurse, minus the sexy nurse costume because yoga pants are more comfortable and my cat doesn't care how I look) or all the late night TV I've been binge-watching but every single post about Paul and his manipulations behind the scenes keep getting compared in my mind to the Manson trial. I know the comparison has been made before and will be made again but ugh. Just replace Helter Skelter with Friendship and there you go. 

...maybe I should pick a different book to reread during my awake hours. 

• Love 12

I had to catch up on the last couple of show. I found I looked away whenever Paul was in DR. That's how much it irritates me to see his face. I have zero empathy for him because I don't believe him. Josh tugs at my heartstrings because I believe this has deeply effected him and I think that is sweet.

jury segment was the funniest BB segment I have seen in a long time. I watched over and over and laughed and laughed. Before seeing it I had been reading that Cody was awful and I was a bit worried. No need. Cody was perfect. I just love his responses. And Mark. To quote Elena " hysterical". I need to go watch again.

Josh for the win.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Christi said:

soooo....Paul and Christmas are sleeping together and cuddling like legit lovebirds ...super creepy

That doesn't shock me.   Unlike most people here, I am not entirely convinced that Paul feels nothing for Christmas.   I just think that it's not an 'all or nothing' sort of thing -- meaning it's not a situation in which he either wants a full-blown romance or wants nothing to do with her romantically at all.   I don't think it's quite that black and white.   I think she is more advanced in her feelings for him than he is for her, and I think that being in the house kind of distorts everything to the point where people might not know how they really feel about someone until they get out -- but I don't see Paul as a completely disinterested party in the whole situation.  

I've said before that I think the main reason Paul is hesitating right now is because he has someone -- a girl he briefly mentioned in the past -- waiting for him when he gets out.  It didn't sound like he had been with that girl for too long, but I think it was just kind of turning into something more serious.

And yet... there is he, sleeping with Christmas when he doesn't need to do that.  It's not a game move at this point.  There are plenty of other places for all of them to sleep.  All he would have to do is tell Christmas, "I have a girlfriend and she might be watching this.  I don't want to mess things up with her, and I don't want her to get the wrong idea.  So I'm sleeping in my own bed."  Hopefully, Christmas would respect that.  And yet, he is not doing that.

If I were Paul's girlfriend on the outside of the house, I would not be happy that he was so close with Christmas.  That would be an issue.  There is a certain intimacy that is visibly building between them -- perhaps because of the fact that they have not been humping under the sheets like Maven was doing, and are developing their connection in a different way  -- and Christmas is clearly planning to find out what's what when the show is over.

But... Paul is still very immature.  His stories often revolve around scenarios when he was so stoned or so drunk or whatever, or when wild things were happening with girls or friends.  I think that now would be the wrong time for a Paulmas union, because I think she is a bit more mature in her real life than he is in his.  Maybe in a few years, though.... who knows?  Right now, she is the type of person that a guy would feel like he had to get serious with -- she's not a 'boink 'em and leave 'em' girl.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Did they do the 'move-the-egg-outside-the-chicken-wire' comp this year?  When do they normally do that one, or is it not a regular?

They didn't do it this year. Which I'm thankful for because it's boring as hell. One person takes the lead early on, keeps it, and in the meantime it takes too long to finish. 

• Love 9

My husband came in when Josh was bringing up the next scripted topic for them to discuss, and he said 'Damn, he is so loud.  I just don't think I could ever hang out with him'.

Me: Me neither.  I couldn't hang out with any of them.  I can't stand those three.

Husband:  Well if you wouldn't hang out with any of them, and you can't even stand any of them, then why on earth are you watching them?

Me: I.....

That's all I got.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Michichick said:

I addition to the clip linked by @Yolo, there was a clip of Xmas and Paul lying in bed, and she was stroking his arm, rubbing his back, and playing with his hair.   Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but cuddling in bed, falling asleep that way, says to me that she has a romantic interest.  Paul was not returning the affection, he had his back to her.   There was also a clip of him lying on the couch with his head in her lap while she stroked his hair. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They didn't do it this year. Which I'm thankful for because it's boring as hell. One person takes the lead early on, keeps it, and in the meantime it takes too long to finish. 

I always watched it in fast forward.  It's not particularly interesting to watch, but I'm sure it sucks for the house guests and for that reason I enjoy it.  Hell, double or triple the number of eggs and make the holes in the wire smaller.  Lol 

I've also been meaning to tell you, Callaphera, that I love your picture!  So funny.  When Raven speaks, I have to turn my TV down.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Agreed.  That is a terrible comp to watch play out in real time, or even in an edited version.  It's too slow-moving.

31 minutes ago, eskimo said:

My husband came in when Josh was bringing up the next scripted topic for them to discuss, and he said 'Damn, he is so loud.  I just don't think I could ever hang out with him'.

Me: Me neither.  I couldn't hang out with any of them.  I can't stand those three.

Husband:  Well if you wouldn't hang out with any of them, and you can't even stand any of them, then why on earth are you watching them?

Me: I.....

That's all I got.

Josh is extremely loud.  While I agreed with Josh, Paul and Christmas that Raven was loud, I always wondered if they realized that Josh was just as loud, if not louder.

25 minutes ago, backformore said:

I addition to the clip linked by @Yolo, there was a clip of Xmas and Paul lying in bed, and she was stroking his arm, rubbing his back, and playing with his hair.   Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but cuddling in bed, falling asleep that way, says to me that she has a romantic interest.  Paul was not returning the affection, he had his back to her.   There was also a clip of him lying on the couch with his head in her lap while she stroked his hair. 

Paul is not returning the affection in that same way, true.... but he is also not discouraging it or walking away from it.  He likes what she is doing on some level because he keeps opening himself up to it.  As the saying goes, he's not mad at it.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

That doesn't shock me.   Unlike most people here, I am not entirely convinced that Paul feels nothing for Christmas.   I just think that it's not an 'all or nothing' sort of thing -- meaning it's not a situation in which he either wants a full-blown romance or wants nothing to do with her romantically at all.   I don't think it's quite that black and white.   I think she is more advanced in her feelings for him than he is for her, and I think that being in the house kind of distorts everything to the point where people might not know how they really feel about someone until they get out -- but I don't see Paul as a completely disinterested party in the whole situation.  

I've said before that I think the main reason Paul is hesitating right now is because he has someone -- a girl he briefly mentioned in the past -- waiting for him when he gets out.  It didn't sound like he had been with that girl for too long, but I think it was just kind of turning into something more serious.

And yet... there is he, sleeping with Christmas when he doesn't need to do that.  It's not a game move at this point.  There are plenty of other places for all of them to sleep.  All he would have to do is tell Christmas, "I have a girlfriend and she might be watching this.  I don't want to mess things up with her, and I don't want her to get the wrong idea.  So I'm sleeping in my own bed."  Hopefully, Christmas would respect that.  And yet, he is not doing that.

If I were Paul's girlfriend on the outside of the house, I would not be happy that he was so close with Christmas.  That would be an issue.  There is a certain intimacy that is visibly building between them -- perhaps because of the fact that they have not been humping under the sheets like Maven was doing, and are developing their connection in a different way  -- and Christmas is clearly planning to find out what's what when the show is over.

But... Paul is still very immature.  His stories often revolve around scenarios when he was so stoned or so drunk or whatever, or when wild things were happening with girls or friends.  I think that now would be the wrong time for a Paulmas union, because I think she is a bit more mature in her real life than he is in his.  Maybe in a few years, though.... who knows?  Right now, she is the type of person that a guy would feel like he had to get serious with -- she's not a 'boink 'em and leave 'em' girl.

I thought someone said quite a while ago that Paul's g/f called the network and had her name removed from the list of names he could mention. I remember someone saying that here and that he was upset about it. It was conjectured that she dumped him. If that was the case, with Night of the Dead's wedding being canceled, they're both on the rebound. They deserve each other. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, burgerbitz said:

I thought someone said quite a while ago that Paul's g/f called the network and had her name removed from the list of names he could mention. I remember someone saying that here and that he was upset about it. It was conjectured that she dumped him. If that was the case, with Night of the Dead's wedding being canceled, they're both on the rebound. They deserve each other. 

Oh, that's very interesting!  I think I somehow missed that part (about the girlfriend removing her name from the list).  I wonder what the story behind that is, and if she did, indeed, dump him.  Did that happen a couple of weeks ago, when Paul supposedly got some personal news in the DR, causing him to go off and sulk and get teary-eyed in the yard, or did it happen much earlier in the season?

Anyway, yes, then the rebound factor is strong between Paul and Administrative Professionals Day.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Oh, that's very interesting!  I think I somehow missed that part (about the girlfriend removing her name from the list).  I wonder what the story behind that is, and if she did, indeed, dump him.  Did that happen a couple of weeks ago, when Paul supposedly got some personal news in the DR, causing him to go off and sulk and get teary-eyed in the yard, or did it happen much earlier in the season?

Anyway, yes, then the rebound factor is strong between Paul and Administrative Professionals Day.

I'm old (older than Kevin, even), so I may not remember correctly, but I'm sure it was when he got sulky & teary eyed when coming out of the DR. Love that APD reference. I was planning on using Ramadan at some point but someone else beat me to it. ;-) If they do get together, I hope they don't have kids. It may be a bunch of Rhodas like from "The Bad Seed". Great old movie that I watch whenever it comes on. 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Exactly then. All we know is that his girlfriend (or so everyone is assuming) pulled her release so Paul couldn't mention her name on the feeds anymore. But if you have to pull your release because of the behaviour of someone in the house, that's pretty much a long distance, non verbal Dear John letter. It's kinda hard not to read break-up all over that. 

1 hour ago, eskimo said:

I've also been meaning to tell you, Callaphera, that I love your picture!  So funny.  When Raven speaks, I have to turn my TV down.  

Heh. Thanks! I stole is from Global TV's twitter page. They've been the All-Star Snark Squad this season. And y'all thought Canadians were nice and polite. Ha!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

If they cast people who know this game, they will vote her out early for being a comp threat and raging bitch.  And if she is asked back which is the bigger if.  

Why would they want to bring anyone back from this season anyway.  Production is not happy with it. 

Because they like her story. "She wanted to be a badass but she broke her foot. Now she is healed and she wants to prove her worth".

• Love 1