Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

can't really be a one at a time comp because they haven't practiced anything....unless it's bags or badminton related...or croquet

1 minute ago, CrazyDog said:

Do they know its a DE tonight? Watching Josh ignore Raven is somewhat entertaining.

No

Josh sees that Paul is stacking his cards how he wants it, to give him an advantage over Josh/Christmas. Josh also asks Paul what he should do and when he should do it (today, it's if he should talk to Jason and when - Paul said if he has to do it, right before the live show so that there's no chance for a blowup - aka no chance that Paul will be figured out).

There's no hope.

59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That really sucks. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. No person should cheat on their partner, even if said partner is rude or mean or condescending or difficult in any way. I feel bad for Christmas in that sense. 

I'd be interested if her former paramours had differing stories about the demise of their respective relationships with her.

She doesn't seem to have the most stable grasp on reality, interpreting the actions of others, etc (i.e. Cody is terrible because he's making me look bad by forcing me to question his military service; Cody couldn't have been a marine because military always have supreme control of their emotions; the random threats of physical violence she's made; her retcon that Raven had treated Jessica poorly) but it does often appear that she's developed interesting ideas about agency.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 2

Please-please-please-please say they drew numbers because tonight's HoH during the DE--or hell, even the second HoH for the next week--will be decided by a random draw, or a carnival wheel, or random numbered box thing.   That way nobody can throw it.  Also please have it be that way because production has had it with these people refusing to play the game they signed up to play.

Please-please-please-please....

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm really glad to hear Josh's family say that they're evacuating and why they're not telling Josh. It's a very smart move, but also I'm glad he'll get out to hear that his family is safe, even if his home isn't. And hey, if he happens to boot Paul, he could very well win and have the money to help fix their home. 

So let me get this straight: you think it'll be fiine for Josh to find out on the night of Wednesdaay September 20th that his family home and business had been destroyed over a week earlier? I believe both are in Homestead, which looks to take a dirext hit from a Category 4 hurricane. I thijnk CBS would have to tell him if that happened, don't you? It would be a PR catastrophe if they didn't. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TimWil said:

So let me get this straight: you think it'll be fiine for Josh to find out on the night of Wednesdaay September 20th that his family home and business had been destroyed over a week earlier? I believe both are in Homestead, which looks to take a dirext hit from a Category 4 hurricane. I thijnk CBS would have to tell him if that happened, don't you? It would be a PR catastrophe if they didn't. 

His Family has told BB that they do not want to tell him anything at this time, and they will respect that. It wouldn't be a PR catastrophe if they didn't, he signed a contract to be in a house for a certain amount of time knowing that ANYTHING could happen and he wouldn't know about it. He knows this, his family knows this and Big Brother knows this. To me the statement his family made leads me to believe that Big Brother spoke to them and asked them what they wanted to do and let them make the decision. His family, the people that know him the best made the best decision they believe will help Josh. And I think we should respect that.  

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Christmas has feelings for Paul and that is why she will not listen to Josh speak about Paul's manipulation.   EXACTLY IT!

Now this makes sense. 

Yes, she really likes Paul. I'd say there is no chance at all.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TimWil said:

No.   There is nothing he can do about it.  Homestead was rebuilt to handle a cat 5 hurricane.  Building standards, for the entire state changed because of Andrew.  His parents asked that he not be told.  When the show wraps and he has a chance to sit down with his parents after the BY interviews etc, they will tell him.  NO point in taking away any part of this experience from him.  

Miami is not full of shacks like we saw splintered in the videos on the islands.  Roofs will lose shingles, homes will flood but for the most part structures will remain intact but damaged.  Of course there will be some that are totaled because they were not strong. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Given the way that Christmas treats people in the house and has painted people as villains for, uh, asking her if she wanted to go to the pool, I'm not making any judgements about her exes based on her say so.

People who say that she comes off as abusive are right on, IMO. She builds people like Josh up, then blows up on them, then blames them and/or the environment of the house for making her blow up.

• Love 16

So is a blindside going to happen or are they planning to let Jason know? And if so, why? I want to see something interesting happen on this show for once. I also like the idea of a crapshoot HOH (and I never thought I'd say that). We need some drama!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Feliz Navidud is the worst of them all ...

I love this so much.

56 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Please-please-please-please say they drew numbers because tonight's HoH during the DE--or hell, even the second HoH for the next week--will be decided by a random draw, or a carnival wheel, or random numbered box thing.   That way nobody can throw it.  Also please have it be that way because production has had it with these people refusing to play the game they signed up to play.

This is such a fantastic idea. It's literally brilliant.

52 minutes ago, mooses said:

Jason thinks that, at some point during the game, he pulled Paul off the block. He doesn't remember if he pulled Paul off or if it went to a vote.

Dumb! Dumb, dumb, dumb!

I saw this and I nearly fell off my chair. Josh questioned if Paul was ever nominated, but Jason assured him he was and Josh was like, "Oh yea." I just. These people! This season needs to be studied.

Here's the video of Christmas's talk that led some to believe she has a crush on Paul so everyone can see for themselves if they want. Personally I'm not gonna watch it because I don't really give a shit lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

He can't do a thing even if he was told this week. Flights will not by flying south Florida for a few days. People are already stuck on the highway because they're all trying to get out. The hurricane's been shifting so that it might actually hit more inland. His family has chosen not to tell him (not CBS) because they don't want him to worry, as they should. He has a high chance of at least getting 2nd place, and that money can help toward any damages (and since Josh has stated that he's a family guy, he'll probably want to help). Him knowing now is not going to change the outcome at the end of it all. Josh will be upset either way. The fact is that he can't do a single thing about it now; he could be able to do something once the hurricane's cleared and it's safe to get back to Florida, which may not be until the end of next week. And if that's the case, he'll have a few days left in the house anyway. His family knows that he's safer in California than in Florida, so why would they call him just to worry him and to potentially get stranded trying to get back? 

It's not like they're actively withholding the information from him just because; they have a completely valid reason. He cannot do anything, not one thing. What he can do is potentially win the game, which WILL help his family out a lot, even if it's just second place. The benefits, in this situation, outweigh the cost of the game. Also, there'd be a PR catastrophe if CBS told him against his family's wishes.

ETA: Also, it IS the end of the game. If this happened halfway through the game, then I'd say that it would be better for them to tell him. But with less than two weeks, and the hurricane not even touching down until this weekend? I say let his family know that he's 100% safe and happy.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Raven's stomach hurts. so instead of going and laying down in a bed... she's trying to get attention from everyone in the kitchen... bending over the counter... the chairs..... 

lol drama queen. i'm thinking she thinks she's pregnant with a cereal baby.

• Love 3

From reddit:

Usual 'rules' apply (see my other posts please), and above all, be kind. I am but a messenger to the sub, I DO THIS FOR YOU ALL!

Next Tuesday will be a SURPRISE EVICTION in the house

Now I know there are often a surprise eviction leading up but hey I'm sharing actual Intel vs just an assumption!

Feliz Navidud is the best thing ever. And I'm looking forward to this Revengers thing far more than I should, probably because Oktoberfist is my favorite BB comic ("She's your WURST nightmare!").

Interesting that in a temptation-themed season that really could've used it, there's been no Pandora's Box. Granted, those may officially be a thing of the past at this point—the last one was what, Season 14? Back in the good old days when production didn't seem to be above a little arm-twisting to make houseguests "choose" to open Pandora instead of letting them openly blow off twists, throw comps, and eat cereal by the pallet.

But I suppose they can't allow even the smallest of speed bumps on Paul's road to victory...

• Love 2

I'm excited to see at least Jason's eviction and the winner of DE HOH. Unfortunately, I'll be missing the veto and second eviction (unless my mom's plane is an extra half hour late leaving), but I'll most likely be reading updates on my phone from here, so go into intense detail on what's going on! 

9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Which means feeds will probably be blocked from Tuesday-Thursday 

Feeds are usually blocked from Monday-Thursday night/Friday at 12am EST, right? Because they block the feeds around the time of the veto ceremony because they do the surprise eviction shortly after that. I remember that it's always a long three or four days until the feeds turn back on. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

I'm really glad to hear Josh's family say that they're evacuating and why they're not telling Josh. It's a very smart move, but also I'm glad he'll get out to hear that his family is safe, even if his home isn't. And hey, if he happens to boot Paul, he could very well win and have the money to help fix their home. 

Whatever happens to his home and his specific friends who remained -- needless to say, we all hope there is no loss of life -- the storm surge predictions plus the wind speed and the size (it's like three Andrews!) mean that I'm not sure if there is going to be "a Miami" to come back to. No wonder the mayor called it a nuclear hurricane.

That really sucks. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. No person should cheat on their partner, even if said partner is rude or mean or condescending or difficult in any way. I feel bad for Christmas in that sense. 

I would be terrified of cheating on Christmas! 

• Love 2

Wow, this is the first time I'm actually getting excited about DE and not just nervous or anxious. 

This is exciting. It's a win-win, no matter who the second evicted houseguest is. 

I'm so happy to feel excited about a Big Brother episode again. 

• Love 2

I don't think Christmas is sexually attracted to Paul. I do think the two of them have a symbiotic relationship in the sense that Paul needs someone with a lot of internal anger to carry out his harassment/bullying methods, and Xmas needs someone to green light and encourage her rage.

But it's a moot point because even if Xmas had a crush on Paul Paul doesn't give a crap about her.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm excited to see at least Jason's eviction and the winner of DE HOH. Unfortunately, I'll be missing the veto and second eviction (unless my mom's plane is an extra half hour late leaving), but I'll most likely be reading updates on my phone from here, so go into intense detail on what's going on! 

Feeds are usually blocked from Monday-Thursday night/Friday at 12am EST, right? Because they block the feeds around the time of the veto ceremony because they do the surprise eviction shortly after that. I remember that it's always a long three or four days until the feeds turn back on. 

Oh yea you're right!