Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The HoH does get laundry service, I just can't remember if it's once or if it's all their clothes. 

ETA: At least, they used to. I remember them getting a package of clothing wrapped in brown paper from the storage room that they (or another HG) would bring up to the HoH room. I'm not tripping, am I? This used to happen?

I was just going to ask if anyone has done it this season. I assume it's as much laundry as they want to give. But I feel like someone said it wasn't really washing - more like a fluff and fold type service? I could be thinking of something else though..... 

HOH does get their laundry done.  They cannot have contact with anyone outside so a massage or mani/pedi is out of the question.  How about more booze as long as you do not share it and one catered meal of your choice to be shared with one other HG.  I like that.  They already get a huge bed in a private room and are not called out for napping whenever they choose.  That is a lot. 

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Simple explanation.  Goat 

According to reddit, James will be hosting a comp.  Good god, what a do nothing loser.  Why? 

If you were a halfway decent player, would you want to be associated with this season?   Much less interact with these losers when when you can't even unload about what fools they.

• Love 3

Seriously, you guys, is there something wrong with Matt? I swear he's some kind of robot that Production put in to help Paul win.

Trying to pick what I'd want in my HOH basket is so hard for me because I go through food jags so I like a bunch of different stuff all the time, but staples would probably be like Luzianne decaf tea bags, Desert Wind Tanzania Peaberry coffee, Clover Valley mint thin cookies, Activia yogurt, Aldi peanut butter, Reese's fast break candy bars. And then just like whatever chips/candy bars I'm feeling at the moment. As for a CD, that's way too hard to choose!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

My snack tastes change with the day but I'll give it a try. 

The Beatles 1 album

Coke or Ski but since most people haven't even heard of it  

Electra Moscato

Good N Plentys

Coffee Nut M&Ms

Dill pickles

Peppermint puffs

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I also think there should be more HOH-only advantages associated with the position. [...] What sort of extra HOH advantages should be awarded? 

How about a cash incentive? If each HOH got an extra $1000 added to their stipend, that might motivate people to be more competitive.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

They allowed Krampus to go in and out of the house several times for doctor visits and to get surgery. It would be hypocritical of BB (not that they care) to not let in a masseuse for this reason. 

The Outback Steakhouse waitress wasn't allowed to speak to any of them, even a "You're welcome" after a "Thank you" and I'm not sure she even made eye contact with any of them. But Christmas goes to visit her physical therapist that she calls by his first name who gives her a necklace that she brings back and wears in the house.

Just sayin' is all. 

• Love 20

Raven bashing session up in hoh with Christmas and Paul. Christmas says that dark lipstick that looks terrible on raven is hers but now she can't wear it because we will think she's copying or borrowing ravens makeup. 

Raven uses all of christmas' makeup without asking. Paul's says raven uses his comb that he keeps in his drawer. 

And then on to Matt using stuff without asking. 

Cslling raven a pathological liar. 

• Love 5

The Christmas thing doesn't bother me. This isn't Survivor, so I don't really care. A game that just throws out safety for weeks like it's nothing, hands out random twists that can ruin someone's game through no fault of their own, and also makes adults dress up like frogs - hospital visits for a broken foot don't really bother me. I don't buy that leaving the House because you broke your foot in a terrible way is a great "break" from the game - if anything, it's just added stress. She needs to focus on Big Brother and a probably life-changing injury (especially for her!). Either one is stressful on it's own - put 'em together, and I can almost understand her mood swings and crabby attitude.

And remember when she was gone during the hinky vote and the it was a free-for-all on trashing Christmas because she wasn't there to defend herself? The only thing that got her out of that was her relationship with Paul, a decent social game afterwards, and using the Cody information to use Mark/Dom as a scapegoat. You could argue that she'd be a much bigger target with a proper leg, but she lasted the first couple weeks when she was fully in tact based on a social game. Plus, it goes both ways - you could also argue she'd be in an even better position if she had her social and physical game going. All in all, I feel like she's made a good pivot after losing one of her biggest assets in the early weeks.

599cf6d32f41c_ScreenShot2017-08-22at8_28_30PM.png.6974d98fd86128c4d98eae092dd7ada4.png

Speaking of Christmas - why does she think she can beat Paul when she says he'd be one of 'the greatest'?! I know she pays him lip service saying she's fine coming in second, but I don't think she really is - you don't become who she is without being super proud and competitive. Does she think her motivational speeches will do wonders on the jury no matter who she sits next to?

I do think that if she wasn't damaged goods, she'd have been Paul's biggest competition. As she is now, she has had to put more trust in others because she doesn't know if she can even play in competitions week to week - why backstab one of your closest allies when you don't know if you'll get the chance to try to save yourself? She doesn't even know if she'll be able to play for the Final HOH - she needs HGs that can take her. It's too dangerous, especially with Paul's influence on the House.

ETA: Woah. I didn't realize I had written a super long Christmas Story (I know, I know - terrible)! 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Oh for fuck sake, you too.  Choose the snacks do music later.  Jeeeze 

Okay, okay.  GEEEEEEZZZZZZ....  :)

What would you want in your HOH basket? 

3-liter bottle of Dr. Pepper (and first thing I'm doing is licking the top)

6-pack of Rogue's Dead Guy Ale

Large bag of Sun Chips (Original)

Pretzel rods

English muffins with Philly cream cheese

Lg box Cheerios

Bag of snack-size Snickers

Chex trail mix (Salty & Sweet)

Nigiri sushi (tuna and salmon)

Soundtrack: Pink Floyd's Animals, because I suspect I'd be in dire need of some major chilling out....

• Love 7
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

She thinks she is being cute, witty and irresistible when she does her hillbilly act.  I believe she really believes the viewers love this and find her adorable.  

Hell - most of my family comes from a part of Tennessee that TVA didn't even run power lines to until the mid-70s, and we-all talk better than THAT shit.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

OK, y'all had me at HOH basket.

Important things first - Music, anything from the Monkees. Don't judge me!!

No judgement here. My first concert in 1997 was The Monkees and The Turtles. Album suggestion: The Music Box. 99 songs of candy pop and psychedelic musings.

• Love 4

Oh, I am usually a lurker on this thread, following along with the poor, suffering, awesome posters who have the live feeds, but I love this "what would I want in my HOH basket?" thread detour, so I'll play along!

Wavy Lays and a large container of cottage cheese (for dip - trust me, if you've never had potato chips with cottage cheese, try it!)
Lg box of Cheerios for both breakfast and snacking when the chips are gone
Dark chocolate...  Probably some of the Lindt Dark Chocolate with Orange Zest bars because those are scrumptious
Sesame seed bagels and plain or garlic/herb cream cheese
Dutch Bros Peppermint Hot Chocolate (which would never happen since Dutch Bros' expansion hasn't made its way to SoCal yet)
Cheez-its (the original & white cheddar mixed box)
Honey-glazed beef jerky
Sprite
Orange-Pineapple juice
I don't normally drink alcohol but I suspect if I was in the BB house, I'd want some alcohol so maybe a nice bottle of moscato or rum
Thai Coconut Curry Chicken with steamed white rice

Music...  That's a tough one, but I think I'd have to ask for the Galavant Complete 2-Season Soundtrack because it has everything I love - Alan Menken, classic Broadway-style show tunes with a decidedly twisted bent to them (think Monty Python meets The Princess Bride meets Disney Broadway and there you have Galavant in a nutshell).  But, CBS might not like me requesting the soundtrack of a TV show from a different network, and if that's the case...  Well, this is all hypothetical and I would never apply to be on this show much less make it into the cast, so it doesn't really matter, lol (I'm neither thin nor social enough to put up with these famewhores for an entire summer).

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 11
43 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Music...  That's a tough one, but I think I'd have to ask for the Galavant Complete 2-Season Soundtrack because it has everything I love - Alan Menken, classic Broadway-style show tunes with a decidedly twisted bent to them (think Monty Python meets The Princess Bride meets Disney Broadway and there you have Galavant in a nutshell).  But, CBS might not like me requesting the soundtrack of a TV show from a different network, and if that's the case...  Well, this is all hypothetical and I would never apply to be on this show much less make it into the cast, so it doesn't really matter, lol (I'm neither thin nor social enough to put up with these famewhores for an entire summer).

I just had to respond and say yes, to Galavant! Loved, loved, loved that show. I could listen to the music all week long :)

• Love 4

Sad reality of this season: I'm having more fun seeing what's in everybody's HoH baskets than following this week's iteration of Paul Wins in the End.

Also, I forgot to include Nutter Butters in mine.

• Love 18

Apparently that one poster on Reddit that has been leaking all season did confirm James and also said that's Caleb is hosting a comp. 

Why can't we get people that we all actually like to host these things. Grrrr. 

• Love 2

Someone mentioned Survivor, and here's something I thought of - 

these women spend HOURS doing and re-doing their hair and makeup. On Survivor, they don't have that option.   I would love it if this show was more like Survivor in that aspect.   Hair products limited to shampoo, conditioner, brush/comb - no electric curlers/straighteners.  AND - moisturizer, sunscreen, colorless lip balm allowed, but no Makeup.  (including false eyelashes) 

I think the show would be more interesting if the women didn't do so much primping for the TV.  They might even have time to play Big Brother. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Someone mentioned Survivor, and here's something I thought of - 

these women spend HOURS doing and re-doing their hair and makeup. On Survivor, they don't have that option.   I would love it if this show was more like Survivor in that aspect.   Hair products limited to shampoo, conditioner, brush/comb - no electric curlers/straighteners.  AND - moisturizer, sunscreen, colorless lip balm allowed, but no Makeup.  (including false eyelashes) 

I think the show would be more interesting if the women didn't do so much primping for the TV.  They might even have time to play Big Brother. 

I often wondered when the getting dressed up for Thursday eviction show started? I can't remember if they always did that or if there was a particular season or certain (female) HG who started dressing to the nines.

• Love 1

Four women and seven men are either in jury or final two!  Will this make a difference in their choice of the winner?

Cody, Mark and maybe Matt could become the three that keep Paul from winning but will the weaker two do something like that to redeem their poor playing??

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Apparently that one poster on Reddit that has been leaking all season did confirm James and also said that's Caleb is hosting a comp. 

Because season 16 is the only season they seem to show in sequester for the recruits, and it's probably easier to convince people in the more recent seasons to come back. 

I know James wasn't in 16 but he was in Paul's first season so there still is a connection there. 

I grew to like Caleb in his last few weeks, but moreso after the show. He seems to have chilled out after the Amber incident. He now has a wife and a kid on the way, so there is that. 

Also....better than Frankie coming back to host a comp. Then we'd never hear the end of Raven's obsession with Frankie. Yes, I still remember her bio about how much she wished Frankie won BB16 and why he was wronged by his haters. Or something like that.

• Love 3

I love the nickname Krampus. If a poster here came up with that, kudos!! And, I am a sucker for lists so....

Oreo cookies

Slim Jims

Green Tea

Havarti dill cheese

Black grapes

Dill pickle spears

Peanut butter eggs

Album- L7 Bricks Are Heavy

• Love 5

Some of the homemade things people want in their HOH baskets sound great. I'm going to have to start asking for some recipes!

It was interesting to hear in Jessica's RHAP interview that the houseguests all assume Raven is America's Sweetheart. In general, they all seem to have made a number of assumptions about how America is perceiving them. A lot of them seem to think aligning themselves with Paul is the key to the viewing audience's love. And I can't help but think Matt's discussions of how all that matters is getting Raven far in the game and Raven winning is playing into what he imagines is a showmance America loves and is rooting for. 

At any rate, regardless of how annoying they all find Raven, I don't think Paul would want her in the F2. You would never want to be up against someone who is allegedly dying and who will definitely remind everyone of that (and likely her staggering medical debt) in her jury speech. Plus, she gets Matt's vote for sure, and Paul can't be certain other houseguests won't give her a sympathy vote to look good despite not liking her. After all, they won't know at that point how bad public opinion is of Raven and might not want to look cold-hearted by denying the terminally ill-patient the money she needs for treatment. 

Josh, on the other hand, would be good protection against a bitter jury, because anyone who hates Paul has to hate Josh just as much or more. 

• Love 6

I agree with your assessment except for the last line about hating Paul and Josh. With the exception of Cody I don't think this group of hammies will hate Paul from jury. They are too blinded by the perceived  brilliance of the vet.

I think they would hate Josh because Master Paul told them to .

Apparently jury members are kept apart by handlers so that there is no comparing notes about who did what to whom. If true that would prevent a bitter member from turning the jury . I think even Cody would vote for Paul thinking that Paul had played a masterful game.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Mischievious said:

What would you want in your HOH basket? 

Ooh, what fun!  Here's mine:

Couple of family sized bags of Utz Plain Potato Chips 

Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream (which would absofuckinglutely not be shared with anyone!)

Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks

M&M Peanuts

Pineapple Juice

Greatest hits cd's from ELO, George Thorogood, Bee Gees and Teena Marie; Supertramp's Breakfast in America

Pics of my cat Spookyjuice

Clorox Wipes 

4 boxes of Extra Large powder-free gloves (for cleaning)

Fabuloso or Pine Sol

Dove Soap Bars (White)

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 5

Love your cat's name .  I once had a Maine Coon cat I called Hankytank Fuzzbutt Thugmuffin. He was huge and although he seemed mellow, he had major attitude . He knew he was the best ever. I would have to add that I would want pictures of my critters in my HOH basket . I forgot about the pictures .

• Love 3
Just now, Skycatcher said:

Hankytank Fuzzbutt Thugmuffin

LOL, love it!  His middle name is Papa; just came to me when we first met.

My Spooky is a pimp....he loves all the ladies, will flop down and roll on his belly and sniff at them.

first I heard about handlers keeping jury members seperate..its a jury HOUSE, so I doubt this is true.  They used to show vidoes of new members arriving at jury with a video to watch and specifically compare notes

• Love 2

The finale is rumored to be on Wednesday, September 20th, 4 weeks away.  There are 8 left on Friday.  This cannot be true.  Or if it is we have more double evictions coming.  Or they speed up the end and have 2 live shows a week.  I cannot bear the thought this will drag on past this tentative date. 

So Mark is most likley going home tomorrow night. What person would be the worst person for Pauls game to win HOH next? He's in tight with Xmas & Josh, Matt & Raven, Alex & Jason. He also has Kevin on the side even though he talks trash about him (actually everybody). Basically, he's not in any danger......ever! Yup! He's going to win the season. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Wavy Lays and a large container of cottage cheese (for dip - trust me, if you've never had potato chips with cottage cheese, try it!)

Well, dammit, another thing to add to my list of snacks to try! I already have cottage cheese anyway due to wanting to try it with honey nut chex thanks to BB, so now I just gotta go buy some wavy lays.

8 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

The good people probably don't wanna waste any more of their time on this shitty show.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

I mean, the women really don't spend that much time doing their makeup. It's not like you can be talking game 24/7. There's so much downtime, might as well do your makeup. And honestly after the first few weeks, most of them only do it for live shows anyway. I'm so tired of the inherent sexism in all the "Why don't the women just not wear makeup!" cries every season.

2 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Peanut butter eggs

At first I thought you meant actual eggs with peanut butter on them. And honestly I was like, "Well, I'll try it." LOL!

18 minutes ago, Christi said:

first I heard about handlers keeping jury members seperate..its a jury HOUSE, so I doubt this is true.  They used to show vidoes of new members arriving at jury with a video to watch and specifically compare notes

They supposedly only are able to talk about it during that time the new members arrive with the video of the week's comps and ceremonies, but I find it hard to believe they never talk about the game outside of that, even with handlers.

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

So Mark is most likley going home tonight.

Sadly, we still have another day to wait for the inevitable. Eviction is tomorrow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Christi said:

The video is the only glimpse they get along with a brief discussion after viewing.  I am sure there are opportunities to talk about game even though there are handlers there. BB tries to prevent it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, dammit, another thing to add to my list of snacks to try! I already have cottage cheese anyway due to wanting to try it with honey nut chex thanks to BB, so now I just gotta go buy some wavy lays.

The good people probably don't wanna waste any more of their time on this shitty show.

I mean, the women really don't spend that much time doing their makeup. It's not like you can be talking game 24/7. There's so much downtime, might as well do your makeup. And honestly after the first few weeks, most of them only do it for live shows anyway. I'm so tired of the inherent sexism in all the "Why don't the women just not wear makeup!" cries every season.

At first I thought you meant actual eggs with peanut butter on them. And honestly I was like, "Well, I'll try it." LOL

They supposedly only are able to talk about it during that time the new members arrive with the video of the week's comps and ceremonies, but O find it hard to believe they never talk about the game outside of that, even with handlers.

Sadly, we still have another day to wait for the inevitable. Eviction is tomorrow.

Thanks. I corrected that.

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hear you.  I love Sun Chips (original) and forgot about them until @Nashville put them in his basket.  Now I have to have them.  

Honey Nut Chex are too sweet to eat alone so the cottage cheese is perfect.  It takes the place of pineapple or other sweet fruit and adds texture.  Perfect.  Or mixed with regular Chex or Cherrios and milk.  

11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

At first I thought you meant actual eggs with peanut butter on them. And honestly I was like, "Well, I'll try it." LOL

Sisters from a different mother, for sure!  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The finale is rumored to be on Wednesday, September 20th, 4 weeks away.  There are 8 left on Friday.  This cannot be true.  Or if it is we have more double evictions coming.  Or they speed up the end and have 2 live shows a week.  I cannot bear the thought this will drag on past this tentative date. 

Well, there might be one more DE coming up. Here's what will probably happen, according to my bad memory of the final month BB eviction schedule:

August 24th- 8 left
August 31- 7 left
September 7- probably another DE; down to 5
September 11 (since they always do an extra eviction on the Monday)- 4 left
September 14- down to final 3
September 20th- finale

I'll admit that I fully tune out everything Big Brother about the day after it's done, so I know my schedule is totally off. What I do know is that there has to be another DE on top of the fast forward eviction, though I do think F3 is usually in the house alone for an extra week, so I know my math here is wrong. The next DE will probably be in a couple of weeks, or maybe it'll happen sooner. 

20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So Mark is most likley going home tonight. What person would be the worst person for Pauls game to win HOH next? He's in tight with Xmas & Josh, Matt & Raven, Alex & Jason. He also has Kevin on the side even though he talks trash about him (actually everybody). Basically, he's not in any danger......ever! Yup! He's going to win the season. LOL!!!

Paul. Paul winning would be bad for Paul's game. I mean, probably not disastrous because he won't be able to vote so he can use the excuse "I had to put up two people!" and he'll probably snake out of it, but he'll definitely be showing his cards on who he wants gone next. Part of me thinks he'll focus the target on Matt or Kevin, rather than Jason. I don't think he wants to piss off Alex on his own so he might avoid putting up Jason unless it's a backdoor option. 

Paul has three targets set up where he'll be fine if they go. Kevin will be putting up Matt/Raven with a Josh backdoor if he wins HOH, Matt/Raven will put up Jason/Alex with a Kevin backdoor, Christmas/Josh will probably put up Jason/Alex but they're planning to throw the HOH comp anyway, and Jason/Alex will probably put up Matt/Raven with a Kevin backdoor. Christmas and Paul seem to be the least likely ones to be put up this upcoming week. 

The above noms are just guesses, though Kevin's noms seem pretty certain. He hates all three, so his are definitely more clear cut. Matt/Raven and Jason/Alex are a little less certain, though I don't think they'll put up Josh or Christmas as nominees (though not counting out this option). Paul will worm his way out of being a pawn, and I hope if this happens that it backfires on him. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Not tonight AGAIN!?!?  Jeebus cripes, how long are they going to drag this thing out??  *I* know Mark's getting evicted, YOU know Mark's getting evicted... hell, my grandmother's cat knows Mark is getting evicted, and she's been dead for over 20 years.

My grandmother, that is.

Not the cat.

Although come to think of it, after 20+ years the cat's probably dead too.

Fuck it.  Even a dead cat knows Mark is toast.

This season has reduced us to babbling fools, clearly illustrated here.   

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This season has reduced us to babbling fools, clearly illustrated here.   

That's free-association, not babbling fooldom - although the confusion between the two is understandable.  ;)

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paul. Paul winning would be bad for Paul's game. I mean, probably not disastrous because he won't be able to vote so he can use the excuse "I had to put up two people!" and he'll probably snake out of it, but he'll definitely be showing his cards on who he wants gone next. 

All he has to do is bring everyone together and ask them who they want him to put up, what they think is best . Then he gives his thoughts on why or why not, and talks them into who he really wants up. Because they think he is All Wise and All-knowing, they'll go along with whatever he says. They'll all walk away thinking what a great team player he is, letting them choose! That way his hands are clean, he's just doing what the House recommends. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't see the sexism.  In fact I think it's the opposite.   The women are spending hours getting overly made-up, trying to look like fashion models for the tv cameras.    I'm not arguing about the final results as much as the time and effort spent on contouring makeup, applying false lashes, straightening hair, dealing with their extensions, etc.   IT's become too much of a focus, and takes the women away from playing the game.   It also adds to the women using showmances or flirtations as strategy to advance in the game.  I'd rather see women as powerful forces because of their game-playing strengths, not using "feminine wiles" to convince the men to keep them around. 

• Love 2

From Joker's:

Wed 1:40 AM BBT Christmas joins the GBR crew. Alex and Jason continue to pick on each other. Christmas removing her makeup. BB: Stop that!

Oh c'mon now, BB - Yule doesn't look THAT bad without makeup.  ;>

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

All he has to do is bring everyone together and ask them who they want him to put up, what they think is best . Then he gives his thoughts on why or why not, and because they think he is All Wise and All-knowing, they'll go along with whatever he says . That way his hands are clean, he's just doing what the House recommends. 

sure, because If he brings EVERYONE together, they will turn on each other, and the infighting will exclude the great and powerful Paul.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

Bye Mark.  

I see being off the grid for a few days I didn't miss a thing :)

Thanks for the updates!

This is BB19 . You could have gone off the grid on June 20th and still not have missed a thing.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

I've never heard of this madness before and I want in. But I might replace the Lays for Ruffles, because I love those little salt bomb chips. 

• Love 3

I have dipped Ruffles in cottage cheese many times.  Also dip corn chips into cottage cheese mixed with salsa.  Both delicious.  Corn chips are not a favorite of mine but they are good this way.  

Edited by wings707