Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Kids hockey, from what I hear, too. Those hockey moms. I live in fear of them. 

Funny you should say that; one of the top two contenders for my autobiography's working title is "Hockey Moms Sure Can Party".

The other top contender is "Redheaded Lesbians Sure Can Dance".

Say what you will about my life - it ain't been boring.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Ah yes, the short bus.  I hear you about the IQ debate and agree with you.  I was seeking verbal shorthand for the mess that is Josh trying to avoid the words stupid, dumb and moron.   Nothing works that does not inspire debate so I will go back to stupid.  :^)

Heh. Wanna talk stupid? The typo in my post definitely ranks up there. I'm not gonna edit it, either, because I deserve to have my own ass dangling out while discussing intelligence. 

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Funny you should say that; one of the top two contenders for my autobiography's working title is "Hockey Moms Sure Can Party".

The other top contender is "Redheaded Lesbians Sure Can Dance".

Say what you will about my life - it ain't been boring.

After reading your posts here (and elsewhere on this site) for the past few seasons, I will buy the shit out of your autobiography with either of those titles. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mystery said:

I can't decide if I like Kevin himself or if I'm just glad to be able to hear *someone* talking about anything other than social media or the attempt to be famous. But he definitely makes me laugh.

My problem with Kevin is that he confides way too much in Paul - and it ultimately will come back and bite him.  It didn't sound like he watched last season, since he didn't know Nicole, so Kevin obviously doesn't know what a scumbag Paul really is.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 7
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That's what you used in your post I was quoting, so I went with it.  I don't know any more.  :>

---------------

A couple of Joker's gems:

Fri 11:25 AM BBT Kevin has everyone laughing so hard that they are crying over "If you wanna be an alcoholic, coach T-Ball" and the time he and his son visited a comic-con.

(This applies to Little League as well - trust me)

Fri 10:53 AM BBT Elena, Raven, Christmas act out giving Ramses an ultrasound in the apple room.

Guess that beats a D&C.

Kevin is hysterical.  He even had Cody and Jessica in hysterics.  He story telling lasted maybe 30 minutes or more.  I would love to see BB put it on youtube and it may.  His experience on snap chat is stand up comic material.  

Edited by wings707
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I turned on the feeds just to see it and it was totally worth it.

So far, she's the champ for getting around the no napping from 10 to 10 rule.

ETA: For the feedless:

Here

HAHA  that's is hilarious!! She looks like she partied too hard. 

These kittens are awesome.  one is hiding inside that square tube thing and poked his little head out to see if he/she could surprise her/his little brother/sister. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

These kittens are awesome.  one is hiding inside that square tube thing and poked his little head out to see if he/she could surprise her/his little brother/sister. 

They also remind me why we specifically looked at and adopted an adult cat. Kittens have too much damned energy - until they reach their play limit and they fall down asleep like Elena was earlier this morning.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They also remind me why we specifically looked at and adopted an adult cat. Kittens have too much damned energy - until they reach their play limit and they fall down asleep like Elena was earlier this morning.

Totally!! I fostered a single kitten a month or so ago and she was getting to the point of driving one of my cats SO crazy because she wanted someone to wrestle and play with and all my cats are elderly lol 

59 minutes ago, TheGapper said:

Apart from the trans comment, he also treats Jessica with very little respect. I don't like how he dismisses and controls her in a very condescending way, and even though I can not stand her, there is no excuse. She (Jessica) also talks to him from a lower position, like he is her master and she is a little scared of him. I don't know quite how to put this into words, but he doesn't like women. There are constant little nagging happenings. Sly and not too obvious, but never the less there. And his weird obsession/admiration with Alex is very strange. 

These are things that describe an asshole not a bigot.  The trans thing I see.  I don't think his thing with Alex is strange and it actually refutes the idea that he doesn't like women.  He has respect for her ability to perform in comps.  He likes her and treats her fine imo.  With that said, I don't even know why I'm defending Cody.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I would gently disagree with this statement; overall athleticism is much more important comp-wise than brute strength.  Endurance and agility are much more frequently called-upon comp traits than heavy lifting.  We've seen many comps in fact - The Wall, Sausage Slappers (yes I know that isn't its name but I'm gonna call it that anyway dammit), etc. - where the additional muscle weight becomes a distinct disadvantage.

I wasn't terribly precise in my wording.  I didn't mean brute strength either.  I meant overall athleticism as well.  So I agree with you on that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I think the previous kitten (calico) is in a cage in the top row. It's sticking its paw out, trying to bat the kitten on the top of the steps.

I'm now seriously considering getting the feeds so I can watch kittens.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MV007 said:

These are things that describe an asshole not a bigot.  The trans thing I see.  I don't think his thing with Alex is strange and it actually refutes the idea that he doesn't like women.  He has respect for her ability to perform in comps.  He likes her and treats her fine imo.  With that said, I don't even know why I'm defending Cody.

You are right @MV007 - I guess my disdain for him clouds my judgement. 

(edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's true that Josh is playing the perpetual victim and he can't seem to control his emotions.

I don't think he's 'playing' it, it's just who he is.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Wasn't Mark one of the last three standing in the first HoH endurance (with Cody and Alex)? Or was that Matt?

I think there is a tendency for new players to want to "buddy up" with the vets so they'll become "famous" too. They know the vets are "fan favorites" so they figure they can attain the same status by hanging around with them. Conversely, they know the audience is probably rooting for the fan favorites and don't want the audience to start hating them for going after them. That's why returning players always have an unfair advantage, and it's why Alison Grodner doesn't need to compound that advantage with twists that guarantee Paul's safety so blatantly. He had a clear advantage from the moment he entered the house . . . she didn't need to give him even more.

To your question, I believe it was Matt. Mark had a hard time because of his size. Also, I agree completely with your second point and it is why I despise them having vets play with newbies. 

1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

I'm now seriously considering getting the feeds so I can watch kittens.

I would. They're worth it.

Feeds back. I think 3 people get cursed with this Temptation.

ETA: Christmas just made a rape joke, her second one that I know of. Gross.

I just wanna pray to the BB Gods that the 3 cursed people are from the Paul/Dom/Elena/Raven/Matt/Mark group. I need them to have something not go their way.

Although, based on what I'm reading elsewhere, that could just be that the 3 people picked to play for veto could be affected by this Temptation. And that made me think, with what this Temptation is will there not be a curse like there was with the first one because of the fact that the Temptation gives someone the power to prevent someone from playing in veto?

ETAA: Based on body language and the fact that the cam was zooming in her, not to mention that she is one of the most popular HGs online, I think Christmas got it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

To your question, I believe it was Matt. Mark had a hard time because of his size. Also, I agree completely with your second point and it is why I despise them having vets play with newbies. 

I would. They're worth it.

Feeds back. I think 3 people get cursed with this Temptation.

ETA: Christmas just made a rape joke, her second one that I know of. Gross.

I just wanna pray to the BB Gods that the 3 cursed people are from the Paul/Dom/Elena/Raven/Matt/Mark group. I need them to have something not go their way.

Although, based on what I'm reading elsewhere, that could just be that the 3 people picked to play for veto could be affected by this Temptation. And that made me think, with what this Temptation is will there not be a curse like there was with the first one because of the fact that the Temptation gives someone the power to prevent someone from playing in veto?

ETAA: Based on body language and the fact that the cam was zooming in her, not to mention that she is one of the most popular HGs online, I think Christmas got it.

Most likely it's Christmas. It's benefits her the most. Of course, it's fixed, too. That's so obvi. LOL!!!

(edited)

Honestly, I find this temptation like 10 times less impactful than the first one or the third one. 

ETA: Paul is nervousing bad about not knowing who has the Temptation or what it is. It's so beautiful! I love this twist. You know what, I'm really coming around on this season. It's fun.

ETAA: Cody hopes Raven got it becasue she 'has a great story.'

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETAA: Cody hopes Raven got it becasue she 'has a great story.'

Well, until they decide to put it in an episode, she's just a person in the background of the group shots according to the broadcast viewers. Feedsters seem a little divided on her (either "Yes, we know you're dying, shut up" or "Guys, be nice. She's sick, she can't help it"). 

Not gonna lie, I hope Cody got it. And uses it and wins Veto and makes it so neither he nor Jessica can be kicked out. Every good story has a good villian - or two villians, in this case.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Not gonna lie, I hope Cody got it. And uses it and wins Veto and makes it so neither he nor Jessica can be kicked out. Every good story has a good villian - or two villians, in this case.

+1

I think Kevin might have it. He is trying to get people to believe a woman got it and is pushing that it was Elena. Which, surprise, since he seems to have a real problem with the female players 'doing nothing.'

ETA: Christmas is berating Jason about him voting to evict her. Girl, let it go. You stayed. Being a condescending dick to him isn't going to help you.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Christmas got it, she's seemed kind of testy since the feeds came back. I feel like she was expecting to get it but didn't. 

I think if she didn't get it, it works out better for her anyway. Bc she can't play in comps, for the most part, and she'll probably win the next one. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, missyb said:

I don't think Paul realizes that even though Ramses will and must be a third nominee at some time ( and not the next three, just once), if he wins the veto, and takes himself off, he is not replaceable . Only one of the two originals can be replaced. I don't know this for a fact but thats how road kill and MVP nominations worked.

In BB15, when Elissa was MVP, she was always told to make her MVP nomination first, and then a backup nomination in case that houseguest won the Veto.  When America took over that role, the person to get the most votes would be the MVP nomination, and the second-highest vote-getter would be the backup in case America's nominee won the Veto.  In BB18's Roadkill twist, the winner of the Roadkill Competition would choose the third nominee, and then choose a second nominee if the Roadkill nominee won the Veto or got Vetoed.

I think Ramses's nomination would be voided with no replacement, for sure, if he took himself down or someone else took him down.  Or else he'd have the right to choose a replacement for his own nomination.  I don't know.

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

+1

I think Kevin might have it. He is trying to get people to believe a women got it and is pushing that it was Elena. Which, surprise, since he seems to have a real problem with the female players 'doing nothing.'

ETA: Christmas is berating Jason about him voting to evict her. Girl, let it go. You stayed. Being a condescending dick to him isn't going to help you.

Heh. We usually seem to be on the same page. 

It usually takes me a couple weeks to get to this point, but I just want maximum chaos and so far, this season's cast is delivering. If they can keep this up, it's going to be great. But if we take out all the "characters" and villains early on, we're gonna end up with another BB16: Snooze Edition. 

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ITA.  Take a look at what we've been shown thus far about Josh, a 23yo man:

• A 2+ week separation from his family has affected Josh so strongly he cannot carry on a conversation of more than a few sentences without mentioning them.
  • Josh has extremely poor impulse control.  Example: his enraged lashing-out at Megan and others, with little or nothing shown in the way of justification (not to say justification doesn't exist - just that we haven't seen it).
  • Josh is frequently remorseful after one of his outbursts, and often (usually?) attempts to apologize to the person against whom his outburst was directed.
  • Josh almost completely lacks the ability to function independently without external validation.  Witness his constant monologues to the House cameras rationalizing his often-aberrant behavior - and there's ALWAYS a rationalization.
  • Even - especially? - when someone is upset with Josh, Josh continues to attempt to push his point of rationalization onto the other person even in the face of repeated objections and rejections.  In such situations Josh simply does not appear to recognize the concept of personal boundaries or personal space.  Josh's need to explain himself to his own satisfaction totally overrides any consideration of the other person's feeling or emotions.  To Josh, these people simply no longer appear to exist as separate, autonomous entities; they simply become - or should become, in his estimation - passive absorbers (and absolvers?) of his long-winded justifications.
  • Josh is extremely thin-skinned; simple name-calling can hurt his feelings to the point of tears.

Yaknow - part of the reason I started this list was to sort out for myself (and hopefully for others) some of the behavior we've been seeing out of Josh, to make some sense of it.  The more I break it down, however, the more disturbing Josh's behavior looks - especially the lack of consideration for others as discrete individuals.  Either Josh's emotional maturity has somehow been arrested at something like a fourth-grade level of development, or he's demonstrating some borderline sociopathic behavior.  

I dunno.  I am not a psychologist.  :(

Edited by Nashville
Grammar
  • Love 9

I think Christmas did get it and is pissed because it doesn't really help her at all. So she'll be able to play in a veto she won't be able to play in because of her foot? Yay? And do they know they're only eligible for one of these temptations? If so, lord knows I'd be grumpy about it. I guess the good thing would be if Cody got randomly chosen, at least she could shoot that down.

• Love 4

To add to the "Kevin got it" theory, it was pointed out to me elsewhere that he took his shirt off after the feeds had come back.

Remember how he reacted after taking the however many thousands initial temptation that unleashed Paul on the house?

That's right. He took his shirt off. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

In BB15, when Elissa was MVP, she was always told to make her MVP nomination first, and then a backup nomination in case that houseguest won the Veto.  When America took over that role, the person to get the most votes would be the MVP nomination, and the second-highest vote-getter would be the backup in case America's nominee won the Veto.  In BB18's Roadkill twist, the winner of the Roadkill Competition would choose the third nominee, and then choose a second nominee if the Roadkill nominee won the Veto or got Vetoed.

I think Ramses's nomination would be voided with no replacement, for sure, if he took himself down or someone else took him down.  Or else he'd have the right to choose a replacement for his own nomination.  I don't know.

When the Roadkill was the twist, the winner was able to make a third nomination . If that nom won veto, there was no replacement no and thus only 2 HG's up for eviction.

1 minute ago, missyb said:

When the Roadkill was the twist, the winner was able to make a third nomination . If that nom won veto, there was no replacement no and thus only 2 HG's up for eviction.

Wrong.  I remember last season well, and the Roadkill nomination was treated like a regular nomination.  When a Veto was used, that nominee would, in fact, get replaced by a houseguest of the Roadkill winner's choice.

Can we just take a moment to thank this season's Production team? We don't have Battle of the Block or Roadkill and we get kittens (and eventually puppies) instead of Jeff. 

And here I thought they didn't care about us.

• Love 24
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

ITA.  Take a look at what we've been shown thus far about Josh, a 23yo man:

• A 2+ week separation from his family has affected Josh so strongly he cannot carry on a conversation of more than a few sentences without mentioning them.
  • Josh has extremely poor impulse control.  Example: his enraged lashing-out at Megan and others, with little or nothing shown in the way of justification (not to say justification doesn't exist - just that we haven't seen it).
  • Josh is frequently remorseful after one of his outbursts, and often (usually?) attempts to apologize to the person against whom his outburst was directed.
  • Josh almost completely lacks the ability to function independently without external validation.  Witness his constant monologues to the House cameras rationalizing his often-aberrant behavior - and there's ALWAYS a rationalization.
  • Even - especially? - when someone is upset with Josh, Josh continues to attempt to push his point of rationalization onto the other person even in the face of repeated objections and rejections.  In such situations Josh simply does not appear to recognize the concept of personal boundaries or personal space.  Josh's need to explain himself to his own satisfaction totally overrides any consideration of the other person's feeling or emotions.  To Josh, these people simply no longer appear to exist as separate, autonomous entities; they simply become - or should become, in his estimation - passive absorbers (and absolvers?) of his long-winded justifications.
  • Josh is extremely thin-skinned; simple name-calling can hurt his feelings to the point of tears.

Yaknow - part of the reason I started this list was to sort out for myself (and hopefully for others) some of the behavior we've been seeing out of Josh, to make some sense of it.  The more I break it down, however, the more disturbing Josh's behavior looks - especially the lack of consideration for others as discrete individuals.  Either Josh's emotional maturity has somehow been arrested at something like a fourth-grade level of development, or he's demonstrating some borderline sociopathic behavior.  

I dunno.  I am not a psychologist.  :(

There's definitely something going on psychologically with him. It seems like a disorder almost like he's having episodes when he's doing his outbursts to then lows when someone calls him out or yells at him.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I don't feel bad for Christmas in regards to how her foot puts her at a disadvantage in the game. She was offered a spot on next season and decided to stay. No one is making her. Her inability to play in physical comps puts her alliance in jeopardy as they need the wins to stay in. As the weeks pass by, I suspect the novelty of having a handicap in their alliance will wane

I guess I'm getting sick of her  constant moral high ground. It is rich coming from Paul's number one ally  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She was offered a spot on next season and decided to stay. 

Is that confirmed? I don't remember her actually saying that. Only a rumor before she even came back in the house after the injury. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Is that confirmed? I don't remember her actually saying that. Only a rumor before she even came back in the house after the injury. 

I've only seen claims that she asked Production if she could come back next season if the foot was going to take her out, but I've seen no actual confirmation of it. 

ETA: And to add to that, there's also no confirmation that she would get auto HN status if she couldn't be medically cleared to compete in a competition. She suggested it as a possibility when she came back in from the original injury checkup but she then went on to say that she had no idea and Production only told her that they wouldn't change the competitions to allow her to compete (i.e. frontloading the season with mental comps/less physical comps).

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Wrong.  I remember last season well, and the Roadkill nomination was treated like a regular nomination.  When a Veto was used, that nominee would, in fact, get replaced by a houseguest of the Roadkill winner's choice.

Opps!! You are correct ! Paul was the first RK nom and won veto to be replace by Bridgette.  Was that the case in MVP nom too ?? 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, missyb said:

Opps!! You are correct ! Paul was the first RK nom and won veto to be replace by Bridgette.  Was that the case in MVP nom too ?? 

As I said above, yes.  Elissa got it the first three weeks and always chose a backup nomination at the same time she chose her initial nomination in case that person won the Veto or was pulled down.  America's vote determined the MVP nominee the last three weeks it was available, though, and their second-highest choice was the replacement nominee if the MVP nominee won the Veto.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 1
Just now, Star Aristille said:

As I said above, yes.  Elissa got it the first three weeks and always chose a backup nomination at the same time she chose her initial nomination in case that person won the Veto or was pulled down.  America's vote determined the MVP nominee the last three weeks it was available, though, and their second-highest choice was the replacement nominee if the MVP won the Veto.

God, I miss Elissa's smug face every week when she won MVP and Amanda's increasing bitchface about it. 

• Love 8

In this conversation with Jason, Xmas has been very obtuse to the face that Jason does not like Paul very much. He has made a couple of unflattering references to him and she does not pick up on that.

• Love 1
Just now, missyb said:

In this conversation with Jason, Xmas has been very obtuse to the face that Jason does not like Paul very much. He has made a couple of unflattering references to him and she does not pick up on that.

Even in BB, people frequently see only what they want to see.  :|

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Hahahahaha Jason just spilled the beans to Christmas that Kevin "voted to keep Jillian". Christmas is (internally) shook. 

That's not true, though.  Kevin voted to evict Jillian, not keep her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Xmas is getting an incredible about of intel from Jason.  Jason told her that Kevin voted to evict Xmas and Ramses voted to evict Jillian. She keeps questioning why not Kevin voting to keep her and Ramses voting to keep his bestie . She is going to blow Kevins game .

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Star Aristille said:

That's not true, though.  Kevin voted to evict Jillian, not keep her.

I know that. But now Christmas knows that Kevin is lying. Either to one side or the other. She knows he's playing both sides. 

• Love 2

Jason is so dumb. He also told Christmas that Alex made a comment about how Christmas shouldn't stay or something after her broken foot. He's spilling all the beans. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Can we just take a moment to thank this season's Production team? We don't have Battle of the Block or Roadkill and we get kittens (and eventually puppies) instead of Jeff. 

And here I thought they didn't care about us.

Let's not thank them yet. We could get clips of Jillian interviews next week, instead of kittens. 

Also, WTH was that yesterday and why didn't they have the Interview with Jillian on one of the feeds not ALL of them. I was screaming at my TV like a lunatic. Haha. 

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I don't feel bad for Christmas in regards to how her foot puts her at a disadvantage in the game. She was offered a spot on next season and decided to stay. No one is making her. Her inability to play in physical comps puts her alliance in jeopardy as they need the wins to stay in. As the weeks pass by, I suspect the novelty of having a handicap in their alliance will wane

I guess I'm getting sick of her  constant moral high ground. It is rich coming from Paul's number one ally  

And it's only a matter of time Paul will turn on her - if she can't compete and win physical challenges.  Last season, it help his game to be aligned with Victor and Paulie - both of who were very strong in comps.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, zorak said:

Jason says he is not indecisive.  Ha!

Oh good god, he is listed as synonym, under that word.   

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Either Josh's emotional maturity has somehow been arrested at something like a fourth-grade level of development, or he's demonstrating some borderline sociopathic behavior.  

I would not be shocked if he showed up on Dateline.

• Love 5

Either Josh's emotional maturity has somehow been arrested at something like a fourth-grade level of development, or he's demonstrating some borderline sociopathic behavior.  

I would be able to tell from having just one conversation with him that there's something wrong with him. And yet he went through a lengthy audition process and got approved for the show - not despite something being rather obviously "off" about him - but indeed, because of it. That's what I find so disturbing about the casting process. A lot of people took a good, long look at this guy and said "Wow. TV Gold." That's - kind of sick.

• Love 3
(edited)

God, Cody, ego much.  He just told Alex he was f'ing terrified that the others would do something "cruel" like evict him and keep Jessica until jury.  Oh the humanity! 

I love nothing more than the week when one side of the house loses ABSOLUTE POWER to the other side, and the losing side can't take it.

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 5

Confirmation that Christmas got the temptation. She was just whispering that to Paul. It was hard to hear, but she said "it's not even a very good one."

• Love 1

So Production gave it to the person who is Paul's partner. Shocker. 

The person who needs surgery and can't even play in comps is given the power to keep others from POV and 3 curses. This is so ridiculously unfair. 

• Love 3